The characters from the second part of Phantom's Reckoning and perhaps the most popular ones.
See here for a list of characters from other works in the series.
The main protagonist of Phantom's Reckoning 2 and perhaps the mascot protagonist of the series as a whole. He wasn't there at the first battle against the Phantoms, but nine years later Shinji and Layla find him, along with his four to-be allies, to carry on the battle thanks to his ability to see Phantoms and fighting potential that surpasses even theirs.
- Broken Bird: Like all the other main protagonists, he's dealt with something tragic in the past - in this case, the death of Sora.
- The Chosen One: Shinji and Layla chose him to battle the Phantoms because of his potential, and had him visit them in the Dreamworld so they could enlist him.
- The Hero: He's the first true hero of the series for being the first one to defeat the Big Bad, and will be the hero of not one but two stories as he's also going to be in part three.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: All the other characters have a specific weapon, his is a sword.
- Kamehame Hadouken: His Fireball Cannon is essentially the Kamehameha Wave, only firey.
- The Leader: He was chosen to lead the rest in the battle against the Phantoms. While he's reluctant about his leadership at first, he is still an ideal leader.
- Nice Shoes: His brown shoes that have belts on them.
- Parental Abandonment: Just like Rain, we never know anything about his family. It's not even explored in the story at all, even though other memories in his past are.
- Playing with Fire: His main element.
- Resigned to the Call: He doesn't agree to fight the Phantoms because he wants to. It's because he had to.
- Too Many Belts: Ten belts on his outfit overall.
Arguably the secondary protagonist of Phantom's Reckoning 2 alongside Kaori. Out of Yuki's four allies, Shoji is the only one to have actually known him from the past. They used to be good friends and allies a first time around in their childhood, but a certain accident turned him against Yuki and they didn't see each other again until now, four years later.
- Big Brother Instinct: He and his sister Sora grew up orphans, so he quickly grew very protective and caring towards her.
- Brother-Sister Team: He and Sora, alongside Yuki.
- Catchphrase: "I'm the hero!"
- Expy: He's pretty much the result of throwing BlackStar and Junpei Iori in a blender.
- Does Not Like Shoes: For unexplained reasons, he goes around everywhere bare-footed.
- Fighting with Chucks: Though actually he ends up using his weapon the least out of the group of five, yes, he does indeed have nunchucks.
- Fragile Speedster: He tends to use the most speed out of the five, but constantly gets knocked around by enemies. (Although that probably has more to do with his recklessness)
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Especially so for Makoto, who can't stand him the very first time they meet.
- Handwraps of Awesome
- Heroic Wannabe: He tends to act like this on the outside.
- The Lancer: He is this to leader Yuki.
- Making a Splash
- Shout-Out: His "I'm the hero!" catchphrase is a clear reference to America.
- Small Name, Big Ego: On the outside, most definitely, to the point where his peers just barely tolerate him. Actually Subverted, however, as deep down he's much more emotional.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A street rat who has nothing better to do than travel the streets of Shikashi with Makoto, his best friend for the past two years. On the outside he acts tough and somewhat stoic, but inside he is hurt over the loss of his sister.
- Ambiguously Brown: For the record, he's supposed to be the fictional equivalent of Japanese.
- His sister Amaya was also brown-skinned.
- Big Brother Instinct: He was very protective over his sister Amaya, and now the same goes for Makoto, who he sees as a second sister.
- Blow You Away
- Gray Eyes
- Katanas Are Just Better: His weapon is a katana.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Makoto.
- Rugged Scar: The wound on his chest.
- Spiky Hair
- The Stoic
A street rat who is almost always seen hanging out with Tatsuya, her best (and only) friend. She grew up on the streets with her brother Acero, and she learnt to get by mostly by stealing. But one day Acero was killed, leaving her all alone until she opened up to Tatsuya. She hopes to avenge Acero one day. She is the only member of the Five-Man Band in 2 who is not from Shikashi. She hails from Meria (Fictional Spain).
- Action Girl
- Berserk Button: He doesn't like being mistaken for a guy.
- The Big Guy: She's easily the most headstrong, short-tempered member of the group, as well as relying the most on strength.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Cute Little Fangs: We rarely get to see them in pictures, but she does indeed have small fangs.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: A bit of a Running Gag is that everybody mistakes her for being a guy, much to her annoyance.
- One of the Boys: The only two people she's ever respected were both male.
- Shock and Awe
- Tomboy: Actually Justified in that the only people she grew up respecting were boys - first her brother Acero, then Tatsuya.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's the tomboy.
- Wolverine Claws: Her weapon is gloves with claws on them.
The secondary protagonist for Phantom's Reckoning 2, or at least the only one to appear in the very first chapter aside from Yuki himself. She is important to Yuki's development in that she welcomes him into her life by letting him stay at her apartment, and he also opens himself up to her over time, and she does the same. Of course, she also has development of her own - she loved her father until he was reported dead, and in the events of the story she will find out exactly why he died in the first place.
- Action Girl
- Armour Piercing Scratch: The Kaori Scratch.
- Badass Adorable
- Bare Your Midriff
- The Chick: Psychically she has the least strength out of the five, but she does make up for that with other qualities, including the ability to heal.
- Daddy's Girl / Deceased Parents Are the Best: Kaori has expressed that growing up her father was her favourite parent - in fact, he was the only friend she had. Tragically, he died at work one day, which turned the lives of both her and her mother upside down. As of the present day she still dwells on the memories she had with her dad.
- An Ice Person
- Long Hair Is Feminine
- The Medic / Combat Medic
- Pink Is Feminine: Her main colour scheme is pink.
- Stepford Smiler: To an extent. She acts all sweet and bubbly on the outside, and while she does eventually let Yuki in on her internal conflict, she's like this most times outside of combat.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's the girly girl.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her skirt and boots.