As a whole
- All Asians Know Martial Arts: Amusingly, at least three of them (Kazune, Haro, Meishi)have formally practiced martial arts at some point, and all three are fully Asian.
- Badass Crew: The main group of Persona user, again.
- Battle Aura: The Persona users let out a faint aura when using their powers in the shadow world, with, each one having a particular color
- Broken Bird: Most of the PCs start out this way to some degree.
- Deadpan Snarker: All of them. Even Batsu gets in on it sometimes.
- Dysfunction Junction: At least half the characters have some sort of family trauma in their past.
- Friendless Background: Most of them. To wit: Batsu is mute and therefore has trouble talking to people to make friends, Meishi was quiet and withdrawn after her mothers' death and was bullied for it, Kazune was the subject of nastily exaggerated rumors and is rather blunt, Zoey is abrasive and thinks herself better than everyone else, Katsumi and Haro are annoyingly perverted and also thinks themselves above others, Akira became a delinquent for attention but drove people away, and while Sypher is nice enough, he's too focused on work.
- Fire-Forged Friends: The World Social Link tracks progress into this—Not even halfway to maxed and none of them even consider siding with the bad guy when offered.
- Level-Up at Intimacy 5: Getting Social Links high enough leads to the pair being able to perform fusion attacks and have their personae be able to block attacks meant for the other.
- Reformed, but Rejected: Post-shadow, a person typically matures and becomes kinder. This doesn't always mean everyone acknowledges the change, especially those who remember how the person used to be.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Any pair of the guys becomes this, usually with Sypher or Batsu as the Blue and Haro and Akira as the Red. In those specific pairs, Batsu is blue to Sypher's red, and Akira is blue to Haro's red.
- Teens Are Short: Averted; Everyone is of varying adult heights, with some younger characters being taller than some older ones.
- Universal-Adaptor Cast: Alternate Universe versions of the player character are often◊ talked◊ about◊ and◊ drawn.◊
As mentioned before, Sypher is the Hanged Man Arcana, and his persona is the Grim Reaper, which gives him a matching Sinister Scythe to fight with. Along with Hama, he has mostly debuff and status cure spells, and his stats place him as a somewhat tanky Critical Hit Class.
- Ambiguously Brown: He and his sister are from 'a small town about ten miles off of the Mediterranean sea'. No other information is given, besides that they are 1/4 Japanese.
- Balanced Harem: There are jokes that he has or wants one, considering the high number of female social links he has..
- Batman Gambit: Annoying Kazune to make her open up.
- Big Brother Instinct: Though she doesn't have any real love interests yet, he reacted harshly to a guy with a crush on Symphony.
- Bishōnen: The straightest example
- Clueless Chick-Magnet: See the Balanced Harem example above.
- Covert Pervert: Seem to enjoy pushing Kazune's buttons.
- Has a Type: Specifically, the type that can think for themself.
- Knight in Sour Armor: In contrast to Hiromasa, Sypher knows the world is crap, and fights to protect it anyway.
- Light 'em Up / Holy Hand Grenade: His Hama spells.
- Love Martyr: For his sister.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits: Word of God says this would be his reaction to his friends liking his sister.
- Oblivious to Love: All those potential pairings, and he only wants one special girl in his life someday.
- Promotion to Parent: His parents are alive, but not in the country; therefore, care of Symphony falls to him.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted unless you're a shadow.
- Sinister Scythe: Fitting with his Grim Reaper Persona.
- Soul-Sucking Retail Job: Despite being smart enough to get a scholarship to attend high school, he does this in order for Symphony to have a better life.
- Supreme Chef: He certainly managed to impress Sena.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Eventually becomes this with Akira.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: 5'11" (which is tall in comparison to other men in this roleplay, at least), some sort of Arabic with dark blue hair, and sexy enough to attract enough women to fill a harem.
- Unfriendly Fire: On the receiving end of a thrown sword from Kazune.
His persona is Heimdall of the Sun arcana, who gifts Batsu with the very strong and unique Scan ability when they fight the supernatural. Besides that, he gains Garu spells, several unique buffs, and the ability to speak telepathically to the group.
- Archer Archetype: Alhough he rarely uses the bow his Persona gave him, he has displayed an uncanny proficiency at wield it.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Batsu is already shy and somewhat feminine, so everyone agrees that his gender-swapped self would be the most adorable of anyone's.
- Badass Cape: He wears one, despite not being any sort of badass.
- Blow You Away: He has the Garu spell although he doesn't use it very often.
- Covered in Scars: He has scars on his back, sides and the right cheek on his face thanks to his birth mother.
- Cute Bookworm: Worked in a school library voluntarily before graduating.
- Cute Mute: As mentioned above, he's mute due to childhood trauma and more Moe then any of the girls.
- Dump Stat: Having the lowest single stat of a 2 for his Vitality. But it is reflected well in the roleplay.
- Everything's Precious with Puppies: He adopted a Shiba Inu named Junichi.
- Happily Adopted: After his mother was arrested and sent to jail, he was eventually adopted by his current mother, Yuko.
- Hates Being Touched: Due to his traumatic childhood, he has an intense aversion to being touched.
- Mission Control: In the same vein as Fuuka and Rise, he's the group's 'Navigator'. He gets to avoid being Captain Obvious, though, seeing as this isn't a video game.
- Non-Action Guy: Prefers to not fight, though he's killed at least two shadows, one of which was Akira's.
- Repressed Memories: He has suffered a lot in the past to the point that whenever something potentially world-shattering happens to him, he literally forces himself to forget the events. Sometimes doing this causes him actual physical pain.
- Scars are Forever: Including the scars on his body, he also has mental and emotional scars from his childhood.
- Sensor Character: His Persona, Heimdall, gives him the ability to see Shadows' weaknesses and find things in the Shadow World much like Fuuka and Rise can.
- Talking with Signs: He is mute due to trauma, so naturally he uses signs or text messages to communicate with others.
Her persona was Oya of the Hierophant arcana, but evolved into Osshun after accepting her shadow, which took the form of a girl's torso attached to a giant truck, symbolizing her attachment to her own truck and baring more than a slight resemblance to her persona, a girl grafted onto an orb. Both personae lean heavily towards offensive magic, primarily Bufu and Mudo spells.
- Action Girl: though of the magical variety, she still qualifies.
- A-Cup Angst: Frequently, especially when next to the other women in the party.
- An Ice Person: Her spells are primarily of the Bufu school
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Spefically requested on her character design.
- Black Magician Girl: Little-to-no-physical attacks? Check. No healing spells? Check. Maxed Int? Double Check.
- Brainy Brunette: The smartest of the group, and with blueish-black hair to match.
- Catchphrase: At the beginning of her radio show.Zoey: Welcome one and all to The Rundown! With one finger on the pulse of Onigashima. While the other finger is flipping off the world. Im your host, Zoey Holender, and thank you for tuning in this early evening.
- Cool Car: Zoey's big truck◊ which she got from her father and drives on a fake license.
- Covert Pervert: Though the topic gets her flustered easily, this doesn't stop her from enjoying dreams about foursomes with other party members.
- Daddy's Girl: Zoey absolutely hates her mother, but is very fond of her dad who she adores. She even got her truck from him.
- Facepalm: Zoey seems to do this quiet often around the stupidity of others.
- Glass Cannon: The most powerful spell user, but also the smallest and youngest.
- Happy Place: Whenever Zoey gets inside her truck and drives, she feels like her troubles fade away.
- Husky Russkie: Subverted; She's fully Russian alright, but she's tiny and brainy.
- Icy Blue Eyes / Occult Blue Eyes: Fitting with her magic-oriented stats and Bufu spells.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: A master of cynicism
- Life Drain: One of her spells.
- Limited Wardrobe: She does have at least two alternate outfits, though.
- Little Miss Snarker: Fit both the tiny and snarky criteria.
- Must Have Caffeine: Drinking anywhere from 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day, it's no wonder she's so short.
- Older Than They Look: Though turning eighteen, she is short enough to look like she's 14 or 15.
- Parental Neglect: Her mom is this to the book. She gets drunk nightly, is a heavy drug user, and sleeps around when the husband isn't home.
- Taking the Bullet: When Shadow Lance hurled a deadly Agi-bomb at Batsu, Zoey shielded him from the blow and was badly injured.
- Tsundere: Type A, though like Kazune can come off as a type B to some love interests.
- Tsurime: The artist(Katsumi's player) likes to give very obvious tsurime
- Writers Are Writers: Zoey is a radio reporter.
Her persona is Durga of the Temperance arcana, who specializes in physical attacks, though she also has Hama and Mudo, not that that's useful on someone with such low magic stats. In the shadow world, she gets a sword and shield, becomes supernaturally strong, and her ability to resist everything except fire makes her an ideal tank.
- Action Girl
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The source of her crush on Joseph.
- Big Sister Instinct
- Boobs of Steel: High strength and vitality and giant tits.
- But Not Too White: 7/8 Japanese and 1/8 German.
- Cigarette of Anxiety: Sometimes.
- Clothing Damage: Everytime she fights.
- Cool Big Sis: Personality-wise, she fits, but she's rather hilariously the second-shortest party member, with only Zoey being shorter.
- Cool Sword: Gets a sabre courtesy of Durga.
- Covert Pervert: Has a sizable porn folder.
- Cursed with Awesome: While the entire group has gained Persona powers, Kazune seems the least willing to use it.
- Dumb Blonde: She dyes blonde, and can be Book Dumb at times...
- Daddy's Girl: She doesn't get along with either of her parents, but she takes after and prefers her father.
- Femme Fatale: If she thinks it will further her goals, Kazune will happily let her body do the talking.
- First Guy Wins: She wants this to be the case with Joseph, though anything could happen
- Girlish Pigtails: Though she take them down sometimes.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: According to her shadow.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: In her own words: "Being around my parents makes me want to drink."
- Jerkass: Though she does have soft spots for her siblings, Joseph, and Batsu.
- Likes Older Men: Though she's friends with men her own age, she refuses to look at anyone less than 5 years older than her as an actual love interest.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: The other half of her weaponry.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Actually, she only has one sibling; two are her step-siblings and the other four are her half-siblings from her parents' second marriages. And she aspires to have a family like this of her own someday.
- Meaningful Name: 'Kazu' can mean 'harmony,' a major theme of her arcana. Also, her name was a portmanteau of her parents', as a symbol of their happy marriage: 'Kazu' from her father's Kazuo, and 'ne' from her mother's Kotone
- Naked First Impression: Not her, but her shadow, which was even curvier than her
- Parent with New Paramour: Both her parents.
- Really Gets Around: She'll get angry if you call her a slut, though; she's a whore, and she'll thank you to remember the difference.
- Relationship Upgrade: With Joseph. But what they upgraded to is debatable.
- Supreme Chef: Mostly an Informed Attribute; though she is' on a limited budget. On the other hand, her player openly admits to not being a great cook.
- Tareme: Ironic given what a hot-tempered jerk she is.
- The Insomniac: Frequently mentioned as taking several hours to fall asleep, and is now having nightmares about killing her loved ones as shadows.
- The Nicknamer: Has insulting nicknames for the entire party.
- Team Mom: Though she's resisting the change into it.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: Frequently, once resulting in a sword in Sypher's leg.
- Tsundere: Type A, though comes off as more of a type B to Sypher. Bit of a Deconstruction, too, as she was explicitly made this way by various life events.
- Unlimited Wardrobe
- Unproblematic Prostitution: So far, but only because she's very paranoid about becoming a Disposable Sex Worker.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Has both Hama and Mudo spells. Now if only they were on someone useful...
He represents the Fool Arcana, being the third to occupy it. His Persona is Miyamoto Musashi, which grants him Garu spells, and a variety of sword skills. His stats put in the same class as Sypher, being fast, durable, and hard-hitting, if a worse spellcaster.
- Casanova Wannabe: Seems to think all girls should be into him to the point he's convinced Katsumi is lying about being a lesbian, and is invaribly surprised when they don't go for it.
- Handsome Lech: Of course, it's his personality that's off-putting, not his looks.
- Cool Shades: Always has a pair on.
- Cool Sword: A katana, at that.
- Famous Ancestor: Descended from the same family as Oda Nobunaga
- Kendo Team Captain: He's good enough to be the captian, but not serious enough.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Just like Katsumi, which is why they get along so well.
- Promotion to Parent: Not him, but his brother took him in after their father died and he decided that living with his mom is uncool.
- Remember the New Guy?: Like Meishi, was a part of the same class as many of the protagonists and social links. He did get a small mention from Zoey right before he joined, but the fact everyone remembers his antics makes it weirder than Meishi.
- Samurai: His family, though it appears to have ended with his father.
- Take Up My Sword: His father's deathbed request.
Her persona is He Xiangu of the Hermit Arcana, a daoist immortal frequently associated with the fenghuang bird. She has both Garu and Aqua spells, as well as healing; her stats are very balanced, though she does have high agility and mind, making her a a healer that can take care of herself.
- All Chinese People Know Kung-Fu: Actually, she knows Fujian White Crane-style boxing, thank you.
- Anime Chinese Girl: She was born and raised in Japan; The qipao is just for customers.
- Blow You Away: Has Garu.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Her mother's death was one for her.
- The Hermit: Her arcana, and a pretty good description of her personality.
- Healing Hands: And Dia.
- Innocent Flower Girl: Her day job; once again, the personality is mostly a ruse.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With the owner of the flower shop she works at.
- Jack of All Stats: More than anyone else, Meishi has no stats she excels at and none she is bad with.
- Making a Splash: And Aqua.
- Minor Living Alone: When her father was away. It's probably the thing that messed her up the least, though.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother died at sea and her father spends long stretches of time away from home.
- Postmodernism: Her particular love of radical art and postmodernist literature.
- Remember the New Guy?: Like Haro, was a part of the same class as many of the protagonists and social links. Somewhat justified in that she's quiet and doesn't have a lot of links with them, and as such have never had a reason to be mentioned.
- Shrinking Violet: appears this way, but is actually rather bitter inside.
- Sugarand Ice Personality: Shrinking Violet on the outside, bitter Ice Queen on the inside.
- Unscrupulous Hero
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid
Her persona is Nike of the Chariot arcana, fitting in well with her competitive personality and obsession with winning. She also focuses on physical attacks and self-buffing, but unlike Kazune, goes the Fragile Speedster route and fights at range with a pink rocket launcher. She also recently learned Marin Karin, much to the dismay of the female party members.
- Action Girl
- BFG: Has a pink rocket launcher with a rainbow painted on the side.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Has moments, like when she asked what her persona did when she wasn't using it.
- The Fighting Narcissist
- Friendly Sniper: For a given definition of sniper, anyway...
- Gamer Chick: Though in a slight subversion, she is not the only girl in an all-male clan, but has an all-female one instead.
- Gender Bender: Her shadow has these kinds of powers.
- Genki Girl: She's considerably more upbeat and happy with her life than the other three female player characters.
- Glasses Are Sexy: They're actually plain-lense, she just wears them because they make her look like a sexy geek.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Gay?: And proud of it.
- Iconic Item: Normally is wearing a pair of roller blades around.
- Invisible Parents: We've never seen her parents, though they've been described out of character to be Japanese Gordan Freeman and older Katsumi without the highlights
- Kindness Button: Joining in on her perverted antics will gain a lot of favor for you.
- Leeroy Jenkins: So long as she has her rocket launcher, she'll be happy to fire away no matter what happens. Subverted one time; she had a great plan when Chisame held her hostage briefly, and she lied about her rocket launcher going off if she let go of it.
- Limited Wardrobe: Justified; She's hand-drawn and only has as many outfits as her player wants to draw for her.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Though she's more like One of the Guys personality-wise, she does love pink, and is outwardly feminine
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Best example in the roleplay, with the way she's constantly groping and hitting on girls she barely knows. She even once kissed Saori.
- Marshmallow Hell: Katsumi loves to do this to girls. Whether it's her face in their bosom, or theirs in her own, it happens.
- Meaningful Name: Katsumi mean 'winning beauty,' fitting well with her competitive personality. Saitama is the name of a city in Japan, whose sewers served as the basis for a level in MirrorsEdge. Amusingly, this was unintentional.
- Nerds Are Virgins: She plays off this to try and get her gaming clan a corporate sponsorship. It does also apply to her.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: Many girls react this way to Katsumi's perverted ideas. Especially Zoey.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Completely on purpose, and for lecherous reasons of course.
- Psycho Lesbian: Her shadow, presumably.
- Refuge in Audacity: Constantly
- Rollerblade Good: 90 percent of the time she's wearing rollerblades.
- Sexy Soaked Shirt: Her little splash/grope fight with Seotta
- Skinship Grope: To every girl she knows.
- Status Buff: Nike's specialty.
- Too Kinky to Torture: She pulled this when Seraphim tried to beat her. It weirded her out enough to stop.
- Tsurime: The artist(her player) likes to give very obvious tsurime
His persona was Ares, but evolved into Horus after he confronted and accepted his shadow, a two headed hydra monster with blades for arms, symbolizing the dual emotions of anger and sorrow about his situation the way he pushes people away. It supplies him with Agi spells and a spear backed up by superhuman strength, the most so of any of the group. That comes at the cost of spellpower or stamina, however, placing him into a melee dps category.
- Abandoned Hospital: Oddly enough, his shadow's dungeon was this.
- Amazon Chaser: Apparently
- Accidental Pervert: Ended up groping Seraphim when she broke into his room
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards his younger twin siblings; he even gets protective of girls that remind him of his sister
- Blade on a Stick: His Persona supplies him with a spear in the shadow world
- Butt-Monkey: Subject to as much abuse as everyone else, but deserves special mention for having been called as such word-for-word by Celeste
- Cannot Talk to Women: Secretly very shy around girls.
- Death Is a Sad Thing: Though the group overall is bothered by the deaths of Eugene and Lance, Akira seems the most effected by Lances, to the point that it helped push his shadow further into manifesting.
- Delinquent Hair: Akira starts the roleplay with orange hair, which he dyes pink while trying to go red. He originally had brown hair, and was blonde in high school.
- Disappeared Dad: Of the dead variety, and he took it hard.
- Dumb Muscle: Maxed strength, 3 intelligence.
- Dysfunctional Family: His dad's dead, his mom's coping with random men, and his siblings wander about town making trouble.
- Gender-Blender Name: Akira is actually a unisex name, but it's written with the kanji for 'gentle/refined'
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Frequently gets in fights over minor things.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: One only needs to observe the orange-haired delinquent with his siblings to see it.
- Playing with Fire: Agi school spells.
- Parent with New Paramour: Does not exactly get along with his mom's new boyfriend
- Promotion to Parent: Again, only one of his parents is dead, but he often takes care of the twins in lieu of their mother or her boyfriend.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: Started this way in his shadow fight
- Tsundere: Combine aforementioned Hair-Trigger Temper, add in a dose of Cannot Talk to Women, and this is how he comes off to most girl.
- Taking the Bullet: Took several spears from his own shadow for Ameko.
- Tap on the Head: He is beat upside the head and kidnapped into the shadow world.
- Troubled, but Cute: Though there's no shortage of troubled, cute guys in this roleplay, Akira's issues are the most obvious.
- Two Beings, One Body: His shadow's true form, with the two being being his anger and sorrow
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Eventually becomes this with Sypher.
- Would Hit a Girl: He punches Zoey when she's being a jerk. They were both being influenced by their shadows. His relationship with Seraphim is also largely violence-based.
Gerald/Gertrude BarceloneseThe owner to the hair salon, Grateful Head, and the Star social link, s/he has been seen all around Onigashima island for many years, known as the finest hairdresser and being quite a social butterfly among the islands patrons. None have yet to truly discern the barbers gender, as s/he will be in a suit one day, and then a frilly dress the next, even switching his/her name to suit the style. But, this has become widely accepted from him/her, as people have learned to look past that strange factor, seeing the barber as being a friend to just about everyone on the island, and always being a good host whether its at the barber shop, or the local bars.
- Ambiguous Gender: The fact that xe keeps switching doesn't help.
- Camp Gay: Though the gender is ambigious, he/she certainly fits this for the male counterpart.
- Pink Means Feminine: You should see his/her car.
- Slasher Smile: Subverted. Gerald has a really freaky, shark-toothed smile, but is no slasher or murderer.
- Statuesque Stunner: Qualifies as a woman, being just shy of 6'0".
- The Barber: And a very chatty one at that.
Alexson BlissA prodigy of a doctor from Italy, Alexson is Onigashima medical centers top surgeon, and a genius in diagnosis. Being only in his mid twenties and graduating from his university at the top of his class, he was sponsored to travel here, to help show that Sindertech should commit some of their funds, research, and products to Italy. The young man seems to have it all, a good house, a well paying job, respect, and an amazing talent. And yet in irony of his last name, hes quite possibly the most miserable and depressed person on the face of the earth with an OCD to an extreme degree and is mildly autistic
- Alien Abduction: He firmly believes this happened to him.
- Deadly Doctor: Did we mention he's a master fencer
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: The way Alexson speaks.
- Super-Speed Reading: Alexson is the fastest reader in Onigashima
- TV Genius
- Age-Inappropriate Dress: Some of Symphony's cosplays are not things that a 16-year-old should wear. Maybe that's why she hides them from her brother.
- Ambiguously Brown: Same case as her brother.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Cosplays various character throughout the roleplay.
- Heel Realization: After throwing Kagura in the pool at swim practice, deliberately knowing the girl couldn't swim yet. Though it was influenced by her shadow and she's trying to make amends through Saori.
- Hypocrite: She is starting to feel this way about herself.
- Light-Haired Swimmer
- Little Sister Heroine: If you take the jokes about Sypher bring a harem lead at face value.
Daisuke DaichiA wizard with technology, and a natural genius, Daisuke has always been seen as that typical geek, often talking about the latest technology, or about how he just got the latest gear for his level 80 paladin. Rather stubborn at the worst of times, and bragging about his intellect at his best, its easy to see why at times, he isnt very well liked. Fortunately, hes been able to avoid getting beaten up by doing numerous students homework for them, while the ones who dont have anything against him, hell offer to do it for a price. He also currently works at the Hobby shop, often seen upstairs in the gaming lounge where he hangs around tabletop gamers, and is the Strength Social Link.
- Butt-Monkey: Does well in school? Bullied. Likes a girl? She's a lesbian. Meets a new girl? She's retconned ot of existence.
- Incompatible Orientation: Had a crush on Katsumi.
- No Social Skills
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Thinking he had a chance with Katsumi, and knew her well, he tried to date her, only to realize how little he knew about her.
- Nerds Are Virgins: Heavily implied to be the case
- The Paladin: Online anyway, as it is his favorite class, and he even based his screenname on this fact.
- Proud to Be a Geek
Sharing the Magician social link with her three colleagues, Gianna is the 'motherly' one of the four head scientists, Gianna is a hard working but always has a relaxed, calming aura about her, never seeming to break a sweat. People see her as always being 'in the moment' and in tune with things, with a sharp intuition and never stressing. People around her often become motivated and work harder, though some rumor that she's not afraid to use her sex-appeal sometimes to get what she wants. Gianna also has been pointed out for having terrible luck, where things may almost always seem to go well for her, but then when it goes wrong, it goes very wrong for her. The woman works in the New York branch of Sindertech normally, but like the rest of the scientists, she's been invited for a special project at the main Sindertech building in Onigashima, where she currently rents a home and can be seen around town when not working.
- Femme Fatale: As mentioned above, she is not above using her sex appeal to get things, making her an older smarter counterpart to Kazune.
- Sharply-Dressed Lady: Has quite the attractive blue business jacket and skirt number
- Team Mom: To the upper echelons of Sindertech
Ms. Ako HakunaeThe teacher of homeroom 3-B, and the schools math teacher, Ako Hakunae just started this year for teaching, young and inexperienced. Constantly she worries about making mistakes, not shy, just stuck in an inner struggle of self doubt with herself. Seen as a klutz and always forgetting things, shes often tripping, losing students work, and arriving late to class. Regardless, she still tries her best and cares deeply for her students, but finds it to be a miracle that she made it to the end of the year without something horrible happening. It's also been revealed that she's quite the drinker. She is the oft-forgotten Judgement Social Link
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Drowning My Sorrows
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: With Lilynet
- Hot Teacher
- Out of Focus: The characters are no longer in school and no one has much reason to talk to her anymore.
- Combat Sadomasochist
- Cross-Popping Veins
- Eyepatch of Power: Seraphim's missing her right eye and wears one. It helps with her intimidation factor.
- Heavy Sleeper
- Near-Rape Experience: A victim of it
- Never My Fault: Seraphim firmly denies anything is ever her fault.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: Seraphim feels this way about herself, like she'll never get a good relationship because she sees herself as a brute.
- Pet the Dog: Quite literally when Seraphim found the lost Shiba pup that Batsu was looking for.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Seraphim has to keep denying her gender preferences and sometimes reminds herself over and over that 'I like dudes.'
Chisame KotoneOnce a local resident of Onigashima and high school student of class 3-C, Chisame went missing six months ago without a single clue. In truth, she actually ended up in the Shadow World, and was trapped ever since. She claims she too met Igor and Victoria, and she and her friend(s) were the first group sent, but she hasn't seen them and doesn't wish to speak about them, and has been stuck here in the time of those six months. She too wishes to solve the mystery but also be free, but since she is fused with her Shadow, she is stuck for now, currently working with Hiromasa who she befriended. The girl is upbeat and athletic, but sometimes a little too cocky and not known for taking things too seriously. Her Persona is Freyja of the Death Arcana, her color/aura is gray, and her summoning artifact is a set of blue dice.
- Always Second Best: Having the 'Scan' ability, she thought she was good at it, only for Batsu to be practically dedicated as the group's support. Fortunately, 6 months of training in the shadow world made her shift her abilities more for combat.
- Big Eater: Having no food in the shadow world and living off shadows, any time someone brings her food, she devours it rapidly.
- Closet Geek: Chisame is a capable fighter, tries to play it tough, and never really mentions her life before being stuck in the shadow world, but she's actually an avid gamer and Dungeons and Dragons player. Her summon artifact a couple of tabletop dice.
- Critical Hit Class: As a dagger wielder, and even saying she knows shadows 'weak points' and has studied them for 6 months, she proudly claims this.
- Covert Pervert: Let's just say Chisame is a lonely, lonely girl
- Cute Monster Girl
- Dark Is Not Evil: Chisame is a gray skinned, mostly black wearing, horned, demonic looking creature with a mechanical left arm, but she's got a heart of gold.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Her mechanical arm sometimes pats someone on the back too hard, breaks something from pulling to hard, or generally causes damage when not trying.
- I Am a Monster: Being locked in the shadow world for 6 months has slowly begun changing her into a shadow.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Being trapped in the shadow world has made it very lonely for the girl.
- Limited Wardrobe: Justified, considering she's trapped in the shadow world.
- Primal Stance: Sometimes during a battle, as her shadow side has made her a bit more beastly. Often this makes her dash at her threats while running like a cheetah on all fours and leaping around like an animal.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Though not often, she has done this a few times
- Status Buff: Freyja has a few.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Like all shadows.
- Through His Stomach: Probably the easiest way to get on her good side.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: After being tossed in the shadow world, then a week later being visited and severely injured, she is rapidly losing her memory after this.
- You Can't Fight Fate: It's only a matter of time before Chisame becomes a shadow herself.
- Badass Driver: Though we haven't seen it yet, his backstory says that he was once a racer and the DM has said much out of character
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Kazune was...appreciative.
- Cool Car: A Nissan Skyline◊.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Seems to follow this trope; he's mentioned to have had many girlfriends in America, but his relationship with Kazune has him genuinely caring for her while also wanting to have lots and lots of sex.
- Drowning My Sorrows: After his mother died
- Favors for the Sexy: To Kazune, though there is mutual affection there, too.
- Momma's Boy: Said to have a bad case of this. Or rather, had a bad case, seeing as she's dead.
- Shipper on Deck: His first interaction with Hiroaki and Meishi is to try and hook them up.
- The Casanova: Though he cleaned up his act now, back in America he was one.
- The Taxi: Owns the local taxi company.
Lina QuillAn eccentric conspirisist with a taste for fashion design, Lina was never very popular in school, but she never let that bring her down. Having moved in from America back when she was only nine, its hard to tell her American roots if you didnt hear her name since shes perfectly fluent in Japanese and knows the culture as well as any citizen. Shes a friendly and quite cheerful girl with a shorter, cute stature, but had it not been for the fact that she thinks half the world is filled with aliens and everything is a government conspiracy, its harder to get along with her than most would think. Still, she's a good girl, with her heart in the right place, but her mind certainly isnt. It has also been revealed (at least to Seotta's knowledge) that Lina lives in a broken home with an abusive stepfather, currently seeking to leave. She is the Priestess arcana.
- Conspiracy Theorist
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: Just about every one of her conspiracies she ends up saying aloud.
- I Was Never Here: Though blatantly obvious that she was, Lina will state this sometimes, like she thinks it actually would work.
- Selective Obliviousness: In the face of fact denying her conspiracies, she often ends up this way.
- Split Personality: Though seen as kind, nerdy, over the top, but amusing all the same, Lina proved to have another side. When Kazune threw her out of the cafe, Lina showed a much darker side, claiming revenge with a twisted look of anger no one ever expected from her.
Lilynet StarlaA woman who easily takes the reward for most shy, Lilynet Starla works as the schools librarian. A bibliophile with an almost literal love of books and a sharp mind, Lilynet is a talented woman who is well respected in the school. Also, she is married to Lance Starla, the two seen as a perfect couple. But even so, she still has the self-confidence of a mouse, and stutters constantly in fear that she may say something wrong. None the less, she has never let a student down, and has even gone out of her way to going to the Onigashima library just to get a student a book. Having a bit of a mother-complex over her students, Lilynet has mostly been well liked by students and faculty, and as nervous as she is to admit it, she wouldnt change that for the world. Recently, after Lance's death from his Shadow and his past being changed because of it, Lilynet has been missing. Zoey discovered that she may have started working for the police force, but no one has confirmed this yet.
- Buxom Is Better: The largest in the RP.
- Crusading Widow: Lilynet is trying to find out what really happened to her dead husband.
- Even the Girls Want Her: It's frequently joked that there is no one immune to staring at Lily's bust.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: It takes some convincing from Hakunae, but she can really hold her alcohol.
- Hot Librarian
- It's All My Fault: Though there was nothing she could do about it, Lilynet feels this way about Lance's death.
- Magical Abortion: When Lance died and history rewrote, it went back 3 months in time. Lilynet was pregnant for only two months, meaning it never occured in the first place.
- Shrinking Violet: Lilynet before Lance's death changed her history.
Seotta UeharaThe self proclaimed "Pirate Queen" of Onigashima, and a member of the Persona group. A fun loving tomboy of a girl with a wacky attitude and penchent for the dramatic -all in pirate theme- the girl is a part of the Persona group, having been there since the beginning, when Eugene's shadow struck, and the groups Persona powers had awakened. Though she doesn't take anything seriously, her heart is always in the right place, and she's grown to be a valuable asset to the group, reckless and headstrong, but brave and protective. The girl's family runs a seafood shop in the Ling Bao Harber district, the family having a hard time putting up with the girl who doesn't seem to take anything seriously, hoping she'll 'grow up.' Her Persona is Selene, the Greeks archaic lunar deity. Her body is entirely composed of water.
- Action Girl
- Confusion Fu: How she won her battles against Seraphim.
- Hook Hand: Though not real, she has worn a fake one from time to time.
- Killed Off for Real: When her player left the RP.
- Sexy Soaked Shirt: Her little splash/grope fight with Katsumi
- Talk Like a Pirate: One of her most defining traits.
- The Fool: Not only does this describe well, but this was also her Arcana.
- The Trickster
- Too Dumb to Live
VictoriaA denizen of the Velvet room, Victoria is Igors current assistant. Her personality seems professional and sometimes a little cold at times, as if she is purposely distancing herself from the group, and only giving them the facts needed. However, she is actually quiet curious about the world that the humans dwell in, and what their lives are like, but she doesnt want to drop her professional appeal to admit that. She has mentioned to be one of three sisters among those who assist in the Velvet room, and now acts as the current following in the footsteps Elizabeth and Margaret before her.
- Born as an Adult: Like her sisters, she wasn't born like a normal human, and is only a few years old at most.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Like her siblings.
- The Un-Smile: The fakest smile of all, she puts it on to be a good servant, when really, she's just observing the group and learning about them.
Considered to be Vangilis Sinder's right-hand man, Mortimer is a no-nonsense sort of guy who seems cold at first, and very blunt and to the point. however, there's a complexity to him that people only find once they get to know the intellectual and strict man. Past his textbook, rule enforcing nature is a man with dry humor, and a love for puzzles, word-games, and riddles, often known for throwing them around to keep people on their toes, and really finding a joy in them. He works constantly around the clock, and hardly gives himself a break, practically the lifeblood of Sindertech. He's even known for sleeping in the facility rather than going home. Currently, like the rest of the scientists, he's staying over in the Onigashima's research facility for a very important research project he has become obsessed over.
- Bishōnen: Surprisingly so for a man supposedly in his thirties.
- Perpetual Frowner: There aren't many thing he likes, but what few there are can get a smirk out of him.
- Riddle Me This: Subjects Katsumi to this, and is stated to love riddles.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
Jace WestworthA young man who works for Sindertech, and is one of the top four research scientists, in charge of the computer engineering department. Like the other three head researches, Jace is not from Japan, but known to be one of the brightest minds in computer sciences in all of Europe, Sindertech paying him extremely well for his bright mind. Married and with a single daughter of 4 years old, Jace is seen about the town when not at work, almost like he's been trying to avoid his family some, currently going through a troubling marital life. Often he can be found at the park of cafes, sometimes doing something as menial as drawing or watching the people go buy. A surprisingly calm and kind gentleman with a bit of charm despite his superior intellect. He shares the Magician social link with his three Sindertech colleagues.
- Awful Wedded Life: Seems to have one
- Dead Sparks: Implied to have loved his wife at one point in their marriage.
- Dysfunctional Family: Between Jace and his wife, the two are having marital problems. And this leaves their young daughter stuck in the middle who is starting to become a spoiled child.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Among the four head Sindertech Scientists, Jace is often seen as the odd one out.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: He's pretty well-dressed under that long coat. Probably refelcts on his high position within the company
The youngest of the four head Sindertech Scientists, Celeste is a genius without restraint, or without a very sound mind. She's actually labeled as the smartest of the four, and while her talent knows no boundaries, neither does her insanity. Though one could classify her as legally psychotic, she's safe -for the most part- and always gets the job done, and has a method to her madness. She's bright, cheerful, prone to random shouts, scatterbrained, and never staying in one emotion for long as she talks so fast it's hard to keep up, but aside from her random tests she might run on unwilling participants, she seems to have a good heart, and wants her experiments used for the right purpose. Though she usually works in the Northern Europe branch of Sindertech, she's been invited to stay at Sindertech's main branch in Onigashima for some ground breaking research, and is currently residing in whatever hotel can tolerate her. She shares the Magician social link with her three colleagues.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Frequently forgots what she just said and changes subject in the middle of her sentences.
- Cloudcuckoolander: To put it mildly; at least Lina is capable of acting normal if she feels like it, but Celeste is constantly off-the wall.
- Large Ham: Yells frequently, and it's hilarious.
- Talkative Loon: Does not seem to havea barrier between her brain and her mouth.
Saori Makishima YokinaA twenty-one year old graduate of Tsukuyomi High, Saori is a carefree girl who still has not quite found her way in life. Though related to Kaede Yokina of Biolife Industries, thus making her rather wealthy, Saori has turned down any desires to become an heir to the company. Her family has still tried convincing her too, raising her in a rather aristocratic life style. However, Saori finds herself much more pleased with the Otaku world. Rather than working for the company, Saori trains to be a voice actor for animes and shows a strong will, talent, and dedication to such a desire, and has even done a few gigs. She had a rather difficult relationship with Niwa Satoshi.In public, to her boyfriend, and her friends, they believe her last name is Makishima, the girl never wanting to tell others about how she is an heir to the company, almost like she doesn't want to take such a position.Also recently, Katsumi discovered that Saori is actually one of her gaming clan mates~
- Beautiful All Along: Beneath those glasses and Otaku styled attire, she's actually got the body of a supermodel.
- Break the Cutie: When she broke up with her boyfriend.
- Catchphrase: 'De-gozaru' and her 'Old speak'
- Cool Big Sis: Though disappointed a lot in her younger sister, Kagura, she still does everything she can to support her.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Though she's very tame and can hold it well, she's not afraid to let loose at a party.
- Hidden Eyes
- It's A Small Net After All: Katsumi's gaming clanmate happened to live in the same city as her and have several mutual acquaintances.
- Large Ham: "You have been shown, who is the BOSS!"
- Nice Girl: A kind and friendly ray of sunshine who can be friends with anybody, and does not hold grudges towards those who are judgmental of the anime community.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Saori often talks with an 'Old speak' sort of fashion, but when things get serious, she loses this.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Subverted. She may be rich, but she has a heart of gold.
- Secretly Wealthy: You should see her house.
- The Caretaker: For her sister, Kagura.
- The Face: A natural leader, she leads an All-girl-Otaku-club, hosted Zoey's party, and was Class President in her Senior year.
- The Gunslinger: Though not quite known in character, it was pretty obvious from the image she's shot guns before.
- The Mentor: For Hiromasa, she was the one who got him into anime and to accept his Otaku side.
- Transplanted Character Fic: From Oreimo to Persona. Her character remains largely unchanged, though her backstory and family were tweaked a bit.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry!: Symphony got only a brief glimpse of this, before the two talked out the problem.
Sena AkagiA college student born and raised in Onigashima, Sena seems like your normal young woman until you get to know her. She's energetic and competitive, a lover of video games and actually going to college to become a game designer. At college, she runs the Games Research Club, and is a bit of a legend to her old game club back in High school. The girl has a deep fascination to hardcore yaoi and will happily rant about her fantasies the moment someone sparks anything that could even hint the topic. The girl is friends with Seraphim, and seems to know Saori. There are hints that she used to have a lot of other friends, but they had 'moved on' six months ago, which she refuses to speak at all about.
- Academic Athlete
- BrotherSister Incest: Back when she was in high school, but she outgrew this.
- Buxom Is Better: E cup, anyone?
- Cool Loser: Up until recently and getting into college.
- Fiery Redhead: She can be pretty calm, collected, and friendly. But Hell Hath no Fury when she's got something to motivate her!
- Modesty Shorts: With her running attire.
- Transplanted Character Fic: From Oreimo to Persona, same as Saori.
- Yaoi Fangirl
- Eccentric Mentor
- Really 700 Years Old: Lord only knows how old he really is.
- Rage Against the Mentor: Some people are already feeling this against Igor.
- Revolving Door Casting
Eugene IvonA foreign exchanged student from England, he arrived last year just before school started. An intelligent and hard working young man, he first came to Japan as part of an exchange program to learn about Japan. But, after his days of being bullied, and becoming a well respected student of Tsukuyomi High School, Eugene has become attached to it all, not wanting to leave. His parents plan to take him back once he graduates, and so he is soon to begin packing. But Eugene is willing to even become estranged if it could mean staying for even just one more year. He is one of the graduating students of class 3-B.
- I Am Very British
- Killed Off for Real
- Ret-Gone: From having been killed by his shadow to having died in an airplane crash before even arriving in Japan.
- Warm-Up Boss
Tammy NagaAnother foreign exchanged student, though she came overseas n her college career, taking up a career in digital media and broadcast. A stern girl who is stale to humor, and sees things in a very pessimistic point of view, she's the type who prefers to be a bit of a loner. Friends with Saori due to being a member of her club, she met (Ruri Gokou) as well and became the best of friends with her. That is, until Ruri had to move unexpectedly about 6 months ago, shortly after a tragedy happened among her friends. Leaving Tammy with a gift, Tammy wears the cat ears she was given almost daily, and seems to follow in the footsteps of her friend who moved on and she rarely sees. Currently, she works at Onigashima's radio station in taking calls, screening them, and monitoring shows, one of them being Zoey's 'Rundown,' where the two are now friends even.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Tammy wears long, slim, black cat ears that she got from a friend.
- Berserk Button: Don't call her short. Funnily enough her best friend Zoey is shorter, younger, and perfectly okay with it.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Anyone Zoey gets interested in.
- Cooldown Hug: It seemed to work quiet nicely on her from Seotta.
- Flanderization: She is most easily identified for her 'I'm going to curse you' attitude.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: Katsumi quite literally asked if she could do this to Tammy.
Lance StarlaOwner of Shiroi Tsuki Café, Lance is a young, married man who has always told himself that hes never quite matured, even after he and his wife moved to Japan. Laid back, a little childish, and always looking at the brighter side of things, he opened the café for students to come to after school, and has made a successful little business for himself. Because of his youthful nature, he tends to understand the younger crowd, even among their inside jokes or chatter about teen gossip, even making references himself through the items on his menu. A master at the bar and serving drinks, and even doing favors for the teens while knowing nearly every one of their names and faces, its no wonder he has such a success with his café, and why almost every student gets along with him.Lance's Shadow awake, and due to this, he not only died, but his history was changed to compensate, saying three months ago he died in an explosion from a gas leak in his cafe.
- Killed Off for Real
- Playing with Fire: His shadow's Agi-bombs.
- Ret-Gone: From being killed by his shadow to having been blown up along with his cafe three months prior.
- The Charmer