Listed by order of joining.
The Specialized Paranomal Investigation Exploration Squad, otherwise known as SPIES, a team under the Shadow Operatives. Its goal is to investigate into the time freezes that have been plaguing Iwatodai. Also acts as the Fool Social Link.
- Badass Crew: Of course.
- Battle Aura: Everyone has this when summoning their Personas.
- Big Damn Heroes: When their parents are kidnapped by the Big Bad.
- Character Development: Their respective Social Link pushes for this, along with the main plot.
- Continuity Nod: All of SPIES use Evokers, a nod to SEES's method of summoning.
- Fire-Forged Friends: While the IT's children were already good friends, this adventure is really what solidified their bond, along with their friendships with SEES's children.
- Fun with Acronyms: Their name is akin to SEES, in that it's short for Specialized Paranormal Investigation Exploration Squad.
- Naïve Newcomer: Viewed by this by some veteran Persona users.
The seventeen year old daughter of Mitsuru Kirijo, making her the heir to the Kirijo Group. In the beginning of the story, Satomi is returning from England, having been studying abroad for the past three years to expand her education. However, soon after her arrival to Tatsumi Port Island, she awakens to her potential, gaining the Persona Embla, based off the first female human created in the Norse myths.
School Year: Second Year
- Action Girl: She was able to defend herself before even awakening to her Wild Card.
- The Beautiful Elite: Satomi is stated to be very beautiful and she's the heiress to the Kirijo Group.
- Battle Couple: Eventually gets this with Yukio.
- Berserk Button: A verrrrry easy way to set Satomi off is to mess with her hair or clothes somehow.
- Bi the Way: Satomi's bisexual and she's not exactly ashamed of her sexuality. This is probably due to her having spent some of her formative years in the United States, which has less homophobia than Japan.
- Blue Blood: Turns out that Satomi is descended from the Nakatomi clan, through her maternal grandmother.
- Broken Ace: Highly intelligent, very charismatic, and excelling in physical feats...
- And yet, she runs herself nearly dry to try and meet her expectations. She's also quite the perfectionist, which leads her to being overcritical of herself.
- Broken Pedestal: Needless to say, Satomi is a tad... shocked when she finds out why the Kirijo Group was founded in the first place.
- Childhood Friends: With the Arisato twins, Yukio, Tetsuo, and Ruri.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Yukio.
- Disappeared Dad: Satomi's never known her father, seeing that Mitsuru got a sperm donation in order to have her. However, Satomi states that her mother's male friends have all been fatherly figures to her.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": Satomi doesn't like the honorific -sama, even though she has some ancient blood. She's quite chagrined when Raiden decides that he needs to call her "Nee-sama" in the beginning.
- Foil: She's this with Mikoto, since their mothers are both celebrities in their own right. Satomi craves her mother's approval and has a relatively decent relationship with Mitsuru, while Mikoto is at odds with Naoto and resents the expectations pushed onto her.
- The Gadfly: She has some trolling tendencies.
- Heroic BSoD: When she finds out that she failed to stop Ananke in a previous timelines.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Satomi often second-guesses herself, the thing most bothering her being her Social Links, due to her fear of just using her friends.
- Lady of War: Like mother, like daughter.
- The Leader: She's the de-facto leader, with her possessing the Wild Card and all.
- Meaningful Name: Satomi's name is written with the kanji which means wise beauty. Satomi is noted to be quite intelligent and beautiful.
- Oneesama: Is this to Raiden, though she slowly becomes Cool Big Sis as they fall back to their familiar ways.
- Opposites Attract: Has this with Yukio.
- Prim and Proper Bun: Her hairstyle consists of it mostly being down, with only a little bun on the top of her head. Though she is elegant and refined, she does have a playful side to her.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Amusingly with Hinata, seeing that Satomi's hair is on the red side and Hinata's hair is blue. Satomi is more reserved while Hinata is more emotional.
- Surprisingly Good English: Comes from living in America for years.
- Uptown Girl: Again, with Yukio.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: As mentioned above, Satomi just wants her mother's approval.
The son of Ren and Anne Amamiya, expelled from Shujin Academy for unknown reasons. He is allowed to attend Gekkoukan High due to Mitsuru putting in a personal recommendation so he's send to Port Island to live with Ken and Makoto.
School Year: Second Year
The daughter of Minato and Yukari. She is rather outgoing and cheerful. She's rather popular with the boys at her school (much to her older brother Kaito's chagrin), but doesn't seem interested in any of them. Hinata is the Team Mom of her friends, usually trying to cheer them up when they're down. Her weapon of choice is the naginata, the same weapon Minako wielded in Persona 3.
- Action Girl: She's Satomi's lieutenant for a reason, after all.
- Animal Motifs: She has a butterfly motif.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Has this going on with Tatsuo.
- Best Friends-in-Law: Satomi starts dating Yukio, who is more Hinata's older brother than cousin.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Hinata's a sweet girl, but when the situation calls for it, she'd gut you like a fish. And she'll smile while doing so, to boot.
- She also apparently has a rather frightening smile when she's pissed, which Tatsuo dubs her "Flowery Glare of Doom".
- As pointed out by Yukio, the three most prominent women in Hinata's life are Yukari, Minako, and Mitsuru, so it's not hard how she learned how to cow people.
- Braids of Action: Well, one side braid.
- Dance Battler: Hinata's battle style involves a lot of flips, a strong influence from her practicing gymnastics.
- Deadpan Snarker: Not so much on the deadpan, but very heavy on the snarking. She prefers to be very cheerful about her sarcasm.
- Dude Magnet: Hinata's noted to be very popular with the boys.
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: Averted. While Hinata isn't the hugest fan of them, she can tolerate them. Kaito on the hand...
- Hair Decorations: Sports a red ribbon to tie back her hair.
- Hereditary Hairstyle: She has bangs that cover one of her eyes, like Minato.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Satomi, of course. Satomi out right states that she's always been the closest to Hinata out of her childhood friend.
- In-Series Nickname: Hinata's family call her Hina. Reika's nickname for her is also "Sunshine", referring to her name.
- Lady of War: Highlighted with her wielding a naginata.
- The Lancer: Plays this role to Satomi's Hero.
- Meaningful Name: Hinata's name means sunflower and she's the most cheerful out of her friends, showcasing how she's The Heart.
- Oblivious to Love: Played with. It seems at first that she is clueless about the boys' attentions towards her, but then it's revealed that she was feigning this, because some of the boys' attentions made her uncomfortable especially since they were propositioning her about sex.
- Pink Is Feminine: Her favorite color is pink and she's probably the girliest girl out of the team.
- Playing with Fire: Calliope's element is fire.
- Red Mage: Hinata has a focus on fire magic, but she's a rather competent healer as well.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Definitely prefers nice guys. She ultimately falls for Tatsuo, who can be standoffish but is ultimately a good guy.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: With Kazuo mostly.
- Stepford Smiler: Hinata would rather hide her bad moods through smiles and forced cheer.
- Team Mom: Fitting as she's Empress.
The oldest daughter of Shinjiro Aragaki and Fuuka Yamagishi. She is the only first year present in the beginning of the story, until the Inaba students are introduced. Ruri is originally shown to be rather demure, but that is a front to hide her crippling lack of self-confidence.
School Year: First Year
- All-Loving Heroine: Ruri has the softest heart out of all of her friends.
- An Axe to Grind: She wields halberds.
- Badass Adorable: While she isn't the shortest out of the team, she's still rather fragile looking. She also wields halberds.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Or you may get introduced to a wok very intimately.
- Just ask Shinjiro.
- Blade on a Stick: Really, an axe on a stick.
- Daddy's Girl: Adores Shinjiro, calling him Papa.
- Deadpan Snarker: She can be pretty sarcastic when she feels like it.
- Foil: With Mikoto. Their fathers are the resident tough guys with a secret soft side and their mothers are intelligent, with a knack for technology. While Mikoto resents Naoto's absence and the expectations pushed onto her, Ruri admires and looks up to Fuuka.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a black ribbon to tie her hair.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Develops this with Mikoto.
- An Ice Person: Her Personas use ice.
- Improbable Weapon: Wields a wok briefly.
- Innocent Gray Eyes: Her gray eyes showcase her healing abilities and her relative innocence.
- Odd Friendship: She develops this with Mikoto, of all people.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: She is the queen of this.
- Shipper on Deck: For Hiro/Mikoto, though her thoughts can be rather... frustrated.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Ruri is the most demure out of the girls, but she is very strong willed.
- She's also surprisingly strong for her stature.
- Supreme Chef: She was taught by her father, after all.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: To her female childhood friends, Satomi and Hinata.
- Both Satomi and Hinata will wear skirts when possible, but Ruri prefers pants.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Ruri has an interest in technology and loves mecha anime, but she doesn't exactly protest wearing the female school uniform and wears a very feminine headband. She also admits that she finds lolita fashion to be very cute.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Teal, in her case.
The only daughter and oldest of Kanji and Naoto, at sixteen years old during her introduction. She is introduced during the sport festival in June, as the cousin of Hinata and Yukio. Mikoto is rather tempestuous, easily angered, but she cares for her friends a lot... it's just difficult for her to actually show it.
- Badass Normal: Mikoto can hold her own even without her Persona.
- Boobs of Steel: She's the most endowed female character and she's the Chariot, making her specialize in physical attacks for the most part.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Regarding her feelings toward Hiro.
- Chain Pain: See Whip It Good.
- Daddy's Girl: Is very close to Kanji and a very easy way to anger her is to badmouth him.
- D-Cup Distress: Pretty much hates that she has a rather impressive bust, due to the Male Gaze and the stereotype of busty women being... loose.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Averted, since Mikoto is the most tomboyish girl, and is a pretty good chef.
- Genius Bruiser: Mikoto is quite shrewd and intelligent and she's one of the hard hitters of the team.
- Gibberish of Love: Prone to babbling around Hiro. Fortunately, Hinata manages to pull her out of it.
- Hair Color Dissonance: In story. Mikoto's hair is described as blue-black, and depending on the lighting, will look blue or black.
- Hot-Blooded: Very much so.
- I Am Not My Father: Not that Naoto is evil or anything, but Mikoto still strongly asserts that she is not Naoto.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Is quite adamant that Hiro would never like her, since she's hot-tempered, among other things. Needless to say, Hiro revealing otherwise rather flusters her.
- Lady Swears A Lot: This is Kanji's fault.
- Lightning Bruiser: Quite literally, seeing that electricity is her element.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: At the ball, much to the boys' shock.
- Shock and Awe: Her Personas use electricity.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Only has eyes for Hiro, to the point where Hiro sulks a bit when Mikoto agrees with the other girls that younger Ken was rather attractive during the time travel arc.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Mikoto has an extremely low sense of self-esteem, due to being constantly compared to her mother.
- Team Mom: Out of the Inaba kids.
- Tsundere: She's tsundere to even her family. Ironically, she has a tendency to show her B to her Love Interest more than anything.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: This is the reason why her cousins are all pretty confused on when they see Mikoto in person after quite a few years.
- Mamoru mentions that she used to look up to Naoto, to boot.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: With Hiro
- Whip It Good: Her weapon are chained whips, a subtle shoutout to Rise's original design.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She has this with Reika.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Well, her hair is technically black but with dark blue highlights.
- Younger Than They Look: She's not even 16 at her introduction and Tetsuo comments that she looks eighteen or so.
The oldest son of Yu and Rise, technically a first year at his introduction. He's technically a first year, since he's been taking online classes since the seventh grade, as he's been a professional actor for that long. After collapsing from exhaustion, Hiro is sent to lie low on Tatsumi Port Island with his aunt Nanako. He's soon dragged into trouble, as he accidentally gets sucked into an Ideal World.
- The Ace: Is considered to be very talented with acting, from a young age.
- Amazon Chaser: Hiro isn't exactly shy about his attraction to Mikoto's looks and fighting prowess.
- Big Brother Worship: Is on the receiving end of this, as he's the oldest of Yu and Rise's children.
- The Charmer: He's rather charismatic and isn't above tricking people using said charm.
- Chick Magnet: He's popular with the ladies, to put it lightly.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Mikoto.
- Friend to All Children: Hiro is noted to be rather fond of children, the prime examples being his second cousins.
- Hates the Job, Loves the Limelight: By the time Hiro is introduced, he's shown to have the reversed. Though he later admits that he loved both.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Picks up Yu's swords when he joins SPIES.
- Light 'em Up: His secondary element.
- Mama's Boy: A good way to piss Hiro off is to diss Rise.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Hiro's shown to be rather uncomfortable with his status as a Chick Magnet and ultimately falls for Mikoto, but only after she pushes her crush aside to rekindle their friendship.
- Oblivious to Love: Is hopelessly clueless about Mikoto's real feelings for him.
- Parental Abandonment: He originally thinks that, as Yu and Rise agree to Nanako's suggestion that he stay with her and Ken first so that he can see his childhood friends. Hiro just thinks that they just don't want to see him.
- Playing with Fire: His main element.
- UST: Has this with Mikoto. Ruri complains about this a lot in her POV.