Characters from Persona Mindscapes
Persona: Jack Frost
- An Ice Person: His Persona's Jack Frost. What did you expect?!
- Expy: Nerdy? Chews Kana out about responsibility? Sounds a lot like Peter Parker.
- Guardian Angel: Both his Persona and a prominent pre-Awakening character trait.
Arcana: Hanged Man
- Bishōnen: Explicitly described as being very pretty and lean. He even has his own club of fangirls.
- Crossdresser: He wears women's clothing as a hobby.
- Expy: In name and appearance, he resembles Amane Nishiki from BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma. His personality, however, is somewhat different.
- Hidden Depths: While he seems to be shallow, narcissistic and appearance-obsessed, in reality he is very personable.
- My Sibling Will Live Through Me: The motive for his crossdressing: he does it so he feels closer to his dead sister Akane and to serve as a living memorial.
- Nice Guy: In his introduction thread, he promises Akane that if someone from his fanclub bullies her, he won't stand for it.
Persona: Tsukiyomi No Mikoto
- Bishōnen: Despite his appearance making him sound kind of unpleasant, he's actually pretty good looking, and even has NPC fangirls. (No, seriously.)
- Bookworm: Explicitly stated to have a "thing" for books. Despite this, he's only been seen reading in two of his threads.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Rei clearly does not understand the concepts of schoolwork or menial labor. However, he's still extremely intelligent.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: When he's not holding a neutral expression, of course.
- Ill Boy: Explicitly stated to have a poor immune system when he was younger, and displays symptoms of severe iron deficiency. (Paleness, frailty, and the aforementioned.) However, this is severely downplayed.
- It Amused Me: One of his Chan-Chan posts (where he shows his less than favorable side on a guest account) is written giving a single clue to his identity. He does it for this reason, as it "keeps the game interesting."
- Manipulative Bastard
- Odd Friendship: His friends are a gamer girl, a former cultist, and someone that he shares mutual distrust with.
- Smart People Play Chess
- The Sociopath: It runs in the family. Apparently he's capable of cognitive empathy, but not actual empathy.
- The Stoic: Is rarely fazed by things, and even when he is, he rarely shows it outwardly. This is evident in the thread "A Psycho and a Sociopath..." in which he thinks he's about to be beaten physically, but plays it off as nothing.
- The Strategist
- A Darker Me: It's somewhat telling that her ChanChan account is kept entirely seperate from her respected QueenBlades persona. Subverted somewhat when she starts petting the dog on ChanChan.
- Gamer Chick
- Hikikomori: A minor example, so far this Maria has only been a truly noticable presence (relatively speaking) on the internet, and even there she's somewhat unsociable.
- The Ojou
- Reused Character Design: Essentially the same character as she was in Persona Rebirth.
- Troll: As made astonishingly clear in her very first post.
- Even Internet Trolls Have Standards: And then she promptly backed away from her trolling, stating that it was Nothing Personal and that she doesn't kick people while they're down. She even proceeds to try her best to give genuine, heartfelt advice when her former victim is in a really bad place, and the picture and link she offers that time are genuine Relax-o-Vision material.
- UltimateGamer386: Possibly will be more of a vocal point in Mindscapes, where there is an entire forum dedicated to the characters' internet activity and the fact that Maria has two other Gamer Chicks to interact with.
Persona: Pang Tong
- Food Porn: Pretty much the entirety of her Beep! feed is this.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny: Inverted, her English is just fine. Her Japanese on the other hand, needs work.
- Reused Character Design: See Maria above.
- Supreme Chef
Arcana: The Tower
- But Not Too Foreign: Yuuki is actually half Irish, due to her mother.
- The Cynic: Tends to believe the worst in people.
- Deadpan Snarker: Her prefered type of humour
- The Gadfly
- Gamer Chick
- Odd Friendship: She's friends with a sociopath and a half-deprogrammed cultist. Need I say more?
- Parental Abandonment: Both her parents died when she was young and her grandparents remain distant, so she lives alone.
- The Stoic: Rarely shows emotion, except in certain circumstances
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- Raised by Grandparents: After her parents' death.
Arcana: The Hanged Man
- Abusive Parents: As part of her backstory: Her father put her in hospital and often beat her mother.
- Blind Without 'Em: Akane is far-sighted and can barely see without her glasses
- Bookworm: She reads frequently, with a preference of the adventure genre.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Compulsive desire to help, So much so that it negatively impacts her grades.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Gamer Chick: She spends most of her free time playing. Particularly enjoys MMORPGs.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Doesn't exactly hold back when talking about her hobbies.
Arcana: The Hierophant
Arcana: The Priestess
- The Ace: Slightly. She's attractive, a good student, a talented artist, and comes from a fairly well-to-do family. She isn't all that popular, however, owing to her general behavior.
- Brainy Brunette
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dr. Jerk: Her status as The Medic and her cold behavior make her this, in a way.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Natsumi is abrasive, snarky, aloof, and more than a bit cold towards most strangers. She also genuinely cares about the well-being of those she loves, and doesn't talk down to people unless she thinks it might help them understand their fuckups.
- The Medic: Her Persona, Asclepius, is the god of medicine in Greek mythology, and has access to healing and status-boosting spells.
Persona: Uesugi Kenshin
- The Ace: In sports.
- Book Dumb: Quite good in sports, but not too good in academics.
- Idiot Heroine
- "L" Is for "Dyslexia"
- Nice Girl: Despite her recklessness and unimpressive achievement in academics, she's friendly and sociable. She honestly believes that all people are inherently good and will gladly befriend anyone.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Very passionate. Due to her poor achievement at school, she decides to be active in sports instead.
Arcana: The Hierophant
- Battle Butler
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Sweet Polly Oliver
- Wrestler in All of Us Favors wrestling moves.
Arcana: The Emperor
Persona: Sir Dagonet
- Nice Guy: He's willing to be friends with most anybody! That is, unless that person is just a no good rotten individual.
- The Cutie
- For Happiness
- Lotus Position: Hasn't actually done it on-screen but he is a yoga enthusiast.
- British Rockstar: A teenage variant. Played with in the fact that he's just in an indie band and not a famous one.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half British, Half Japanese.
- The Casanova: His first three topics ended twice with him getting laid.
Arcana: The Star
- Actual Pacifist
- The Chew Toy
- The Cutie
- Friend to All Living Things
- The Pollyanna: You will be hard pressed to ruffle this girl's feathers a great deal.
- Sarcasm-Blind Doesn't get sarcasm. At all.
- Verbal Tic She'll weave in strange sayings usually in an archaic stilted fashion. For example, she'll occasionally say 'The heavens must surely smile upon you this day.' where most would say simply 'you're so lucky.'
- White Mage
- White Magician Girl
Arcana: The Hermit
Arcana: The Priestess
Arcana: The Devil
- Break the Cutie: Takes it upon herself to teach Yoko Fukui just how untrustworthy people can be... by seducing her boyfriend, having sex with him, and leaving a video of the deed in Yoko's locker.
- Jerkass: And she's proud of it. See Break the Cutie above.
Arcana: The Star
Persona: Cait Sidhe
- Sweet Tooth: In her first appearance she practically begs for some chocolate.
- Older Than They Look: Kasumi appears to be about 13. She's 17 and in her final year of high school
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's a nice girl, if slightly violent
- Cool Sword: Has a long seax, Just to warn you it's a Viking sword.
- Misery Builds Character: Her mother was a firm believer in it. Leads to one of Alva's main motivations
Persona: Fool Of Owari
- Ambiguously Brown: Outright stated in his profile that he has very mixed ancestry.
- Barbaric Bully: Definitely looks the part, and apparently there are several who think he is one. The truth is rather different.
- Bully Hunter: What he actually is.
- Casting a Shadow: The first of a whopping three elemental specialties. Ranmaru has no darkness spells (yet), but carries a resistance to them.
- Darth Vader Clone: Fool Of Owari is described as a futuristic warlord in black power armour with a flowing cape, imposing helmet and laser blade.
- Despair Event Horizon: Describes his father's death as this for himself and his mother. The difference being he came back from it.
- Foil: Serves as one to Rei.
- Freaky Fashion, Mild Mind: Takes several visual cues from the evil karma Cole MacGrath (scars, burns, tattered clothes, general scrappiness. He also happens to be a real friendly guy.
- Gravity Master: Courtesy of Fool of Owari's Gry spells.
- Military Brat: His father was a soldier, and the military is said to be a big deal in the rest of his family as well.
- Shock and Awe: Ranmaru also has access to the Zio spell line.
- Student Council President: Became this despite being a clear Dork Horse Candidate thanks to his magnificent campaign strategy. Applying.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: He thinks so, at the very least.
- Badass Baritone: What would a Large Ham Boisterous Bruiser be without one ?
- Badass Boast: He's extremely fond of making those.
- The Big Guy: 6'6'' and 250 pounds of muscle. Yes, he definitely qualifies.
- Boisterous Bruiser: A more sports-oriented version than most, but he's very much this.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Might have been more at home in a warrior culture, a few centuries ago.
- Bully Hunter
- Dumb Muscle: Subverted. He's not book smart at all, but he can be quite clever in battle and on a football field - his intelligence is otherwise rather average.
- Jerk Jock: A very downplayed version of this trope, but his tendency to tease "nerds" about their "nerdyness" can make him come across as that. Otherwise, he's very the polar opposite of this trope.
- Large Ham: Oh yes. His personality is about about as large as he is.
- Lightning Bruiser: Ridiculously strong, and quite fast, too.
- Lovable Jock: Very much so.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Despite being a normal human, he can give off the aura of one - and oooh boy, he has pride by the boatloads. His Persona also symbolizes that, being one of the main gods of an entire religion of those.
- Not a Morning Person
- Steampunk: She's a big enthusiast, to the point that she wears aviator goggles and leather gloves almost all the time.
Miyamoto HibikiA second year student and self-proclaimed "Wild Type." Despite his rough style, he seems to out of his way to avoid conflict. His initial persona is Werewolf of the Chariot arcana.
- Animal Motifs : He has Wolves.
- Gravity Master: One the main differences between this incarnation of him and the other
- Life Drain
- Loner-Turned-Friend : To all his friends.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning : Subverted.
- Reused Character Design : Though, he's not exactly the same person is he is on the other forum.
- Sixth Ranger : Acts as a sort of Guest-Star Party Member for anyone he meets in Mindscapes.
- The McCoy : Shows signs of this.
- Action Survivor: Satoko has no combat training, no magical knowledge, and not a single clue about the eldritch goings-on around her. What she does have is experience in not dying horribly.
- Final Girl: Was one in her backstory, having survived a whole other incident prior to coming to Yumegawa.
- Transplant: Originally a character played from a game of Mitadake High, her story was fleshed out and then brought to Persona Mindscapes.
- Wild Card: In the sense that he swings between social groups easily and never manages to stick with just one.
- Anti-Hero: Shows signs of both Type II and Type III
- Only in It for the Money: He only works with someone if and when it benefits him.
- Guest-Star Party Member: Goes hand in hand with his nature.
Hayate KurodaArcana: Fool
A bartender at a tavern called The Moon Rabbit, Hayate is a young man with no idea what he wants to do in life. He uses his job to dispense advice to the bar's patrons, who he believes are in need of advice when they're down on their luck. He's one of the forum's Wild Cards, which allows him to use multiple Personas. He currently has Slender Man and Tlazolteotl in his repertoire.
- Casting a Shadow: With Slender Man
- Combat Tentacles: Once again, Slender Man.
- Fiery Redhead: Subverted. Hayate's hair is bright orange, but his demeanor is very calm.
- More Than Mind Control: Tlazolteotl's Marin Karin.
- Waistcoat of Style: His work uniform.
Arcana: The Chariot
- Good Is Not Nice: He's a good guy at heart. He's also kind of a dick.
- Suppressed Rage: He tries to keep his anger issues under control. Emphasis on "tries."
- Tame His Anger: Part of his backstory; he was sent to anger-management classes in high school when he started punching things out of frustration.
- Abusive Parents: Glanced over by Pella, but any mentions that are made of her parents are not flattering ones.
- Disabled Snarker: Pella's legs are almost useless. Her wit, on the other hand, is not.
- Enemy Scan: Emer serves as an analysis and support type-persona. Given Pella's physical frailty and physical handicap, this makes sense.
- The Food Poisoning Incident: One of her more common pranks is to invoke this on somebody. She's recounted a story on ChanChan where she allegedly invoked this upon her entire school.
- Light 'em Up: When she's not scanning, Emer can use Hama spells
- The Prankster: Nobody is safe around Pella and her penchant for making you eat crappy jelly beans.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Andre's blue.
- Sweet Tooth
- Trademark Favourite Food: Perhaps not her absolute favourite thing to eat, but a great deal of Pella's threads will at some point involve Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.
- Casting a Shadow: Pele's secondary element, although it plays a definite lesser role in its design.
- Dance Battler:
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: Andre's absolute biggest fear in the world is that she'll confess her feelings to Pella only to hear this. Thus leading to...
- Playing with Fire: Her primary element, courtesy of Pele. Also bears elements of...
- Magma Man: Pele is shown to be made out of molten lava, so presumably her fire spells will take on this quality.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Serves as the blue to Pella's red.
- Red Right Hand: Subverted. Andre's scarring on her arm and the side of her face are jarring and attention grabbing, but in no way indicative of her nature.
- The Alcoholic: Drinking herself to sleep is what she does every other night of the week.
- Death Seeker: Has slight shades of this.
- Expy: Appearance-wise, of Aya Brea. She also has some similarities to the character demeanor-wise.
- Fair Cop: And she knows it.
- Ill Girl: Since she was transplanted two organs during her childhood, she is forced to take immunosuppressing medication to keep herself alive.
- Expy: Pretty much what happens when you take Izaya Orihara and Namie Yagiri of Durarara!! and then roll them into one character.
- Hot Mad Scientist: She's a pharmacist, and despite being in her thirties she appears to be "anywhere between nineteen and twenty-three" physically.
- Love You and Everybody: Loves all humans, literally.
- Abusive Parents: Namely his mother, who apparently abused him in every way possible when he was a teenager, and even caused him to slump into depression and attempt suicide.
- Apologizes a Lot
- Dark Is Not Evil
- For Science!
- Ill Boy: Has a poor immune system, and even has the appearance of one. This is likely related to his depression.
- Long-Range Fighter: Uses throwing knives and a Desert Eagle in combat due to poor strength, endurance, and stamina.
- Shrinking Violet: Male example.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Coffee.
- Verbal Tic: Shu can't seem to get through one sentence without stuttering.
- Katanas Are Just Better : Uses one as her main weapon
- Dark and Troubled Past : Complete with no parents, bullying and having her home burned down!
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing : Though her nearly white hair might tip off some readers
- White Mask of Doom : Uses one with her murdering clothes
- Friend to All Living Things : Works toward being one whilst using her public identity
Persona: The Caterpillar
- Badass Baritone
- Erudite Stoner
- Higher Understanding Through Drugs
- Marijuana Is LSD : Gets hallucinations from all the pot he smokes. Doesn't mind it, though.
- Nice Guy: He's pretty laid-back and approachable.
- Ambiguous Disorder: It's pretty clear that her outbursts of violence aren't just the byproduct of a bad temper.
- Ax-Crazy: Borderline example. She can be terrifyingly violent at times.
- De Terminator: One of her sole redeeming character features.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Bouts of violent rage put aside, she still has a rather short fuse.
- Guttural Growler: Her voice is said to be pretty harsh and raspy. Justified by the fact that she rarely speaks, and when she speaks it often devolves into yelling.
- Jerkass: Vulgar, cantankerous, stubborn and agressive - yep, she's pretty unpleasant.
- Lean and Mean
Arcana: The Lovers
- Blue and Orange Morality: Her morals and motivations are a mystery - if she even has them.
- Charm Person: See the next trope.
- Enthralling Siren
- Making a Splash / Light 'em Up
- Ms. Fanservice: Enforced: she'll appear as the "ideal woman" of whoever is looking at her - either the woman they desire most or the woman they'd want to be the most.
- Time Abyss: It is unknown how old she actually is, but it is certain that she's existed for at least several centuries.