This page is for tropes relating to the characters of Persona Dark Net.
A woman with blue eyes and dark hair. She serves as the Tower Arcana for our Persona story. Generally headstrong, proud and playful with her friends, Artis is the personification of 'The Pride and The Fall' in her group, and will, without a doubt sacrifice whatever is necessary to save her friends from whatever heinous end may await them. Even at the cost of her own life.
- Appeal to Flattery: This is done when she falsely acknowledges her Shadow Self's superiority She does, however, trick her shadow self's sense of pride and afterwards wrecks her.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Erina is the MC of this particular story, it makes sense to fall in love with her innocent personality, right?
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: Because she thought she could handle all her personal problems alone. Then, of course, her shadow revealed all her weaknesses towards the entire group, embarrassed her by using her love interest as a tool, and proceeded to beat the living shit out of Artis herself.
- Moral Dilemma: Oh how easy it would be to drag Erina to a corner, and then show her why the best lover she could possibly ever hope for was right in front of her. But then, there's Nyx, the one who went through just as much in terms of personal struggle, and slept with Erina in the first place...
A twisted male with a darker than normal morality view on the world. He is friendly and generally a nice person, but he also does not flinch at the sight of death, or falter at killing a murderer. Best friend of Enid Antilla, he specializes in reducing the capability of the enemy to detrimental levels, as well as stealth and status ailments with a powerful punch.
Serves as the Devil Arcana to Erina Lakatos.
- Bully Hunter: Oh boy. He is especially vicious with them.
- Lonely Together: He and Enid only had each other until the start of the RP.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: His basic belief.
- Pragmatic Hero
- These Hands Have Killed
- Cool Sword: Both Diana and Elaine prefer bladed weapons during combat, which contrasts with Artemis's bow and arrow.
- Character Development: Elaine was more abrasive towards anyone and everyone, and hated the notion of making friends or even being emotionally close to people. She grows out of this, but it does take time.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Absolutely hates being pitied, and simply views it as another way of looking down on her.
- Determinator: Elaine hates giving up, or admitting defeat.
- Friendly Enemy: Has this relationship with Shadow Erina.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Heroic BSoD: Gets this hard after Sara's death.
- Hidden Depths: As revealed in Chapter 4, Elaine's parents left her and she spent years bouncing around various orphanages. This led to her developing a rough, standoffish personality with the rationale that acting out would make someone notice her. In reality, she has crippling insecurities about not knowing who her parents are and about knowing she will likely never have a real family to call her own.
- Sex Equals Love: Averted with Annabelle.
Student council president of the academy, a German born boy who migrated with his family when he was still young. Seems to have a grudge with Annabelle, he hides a lot from the past. A veteran Persona User specializing in healing and fire attacks that can easily cause burning infernos.
Serves as the Hierophant Arcana Social Link to Erina.
An initially mute girl with a mischievous streak to her. She has since recovered from her illness and is one of the powerhouses of the group, specializing in powerful wind, ice and sword techniques with her Persona, Morrigan. She does have some issues about herself though, especially when it comes to socializing and her own confidence.
She serves as the Star Arcana Social Link to Erina Lakatos.
- Lonely Together: She and Christopher only had each other up until the start of the RP.
Babd Catha/Queen Morrigan
The wielder of the Wild Card and the one who represents the Fool Arcana. She came into LA Academy as a transfer student from Hungary.
- Action Girl
- Because Destiny Says So: She didn't want to go back to the Dark Net, but she still did because Igor tells her that she will regardless of her choice.
- Bookworm: It is often stated in the Social Link one-shots that the first thing she looks for when she's bored is a good book to read.
- Deadpan Snarker: She's one when she is very tired and sleepy.
- Elegant Classical Musician: She plays the piano and plays it really well. She doesn't like playing it, though.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: The only dish she can't seem to cook properly are spicy dishes. They become even spicier if she cooks them. That's intentional, though. She loves very spicy food along with sweets.
- Friendless Background: The people of the group are literally her first friends.
- Interrupted Suicide: Enid saves her from the one she attempts because of Neil's accusation in Star Social Link 4 with a bit of Iris' help.
- Make a Wish: Igor told her that she has the Wild Card and a contract because she made a wish. What it is, she doesn't remember.
- Meaningful Name: Her surname, Lakatos, means "locksmith". No matter how much she denies it, she's the one who created the locks that keeps their group together.
- Not a Morning Person: Even outside of her trips to the Velvet Room, she always wakes up late.
- Out-of-Character Moment: In Chapter 6, she more or less threatens to stab Christopher to protect Nyx. Erina later comments during the events of Tower Social Link 2 that she thinks it was almost as if it wasn't she who did it.
- Superpower Lottery: The Wild Card Ability. It allows her to summon multiple personas and perform a Fusion Attack with any member of the group as long as their persona and the one she's using have matching Arcana, among others. The downside? She feels the others' negative emotions as pain that increases in intensity over time.
- Replacement Goldfish: With her mother as the goldfish and she as her replacement for her father and grandfather.
The group's Hanged Man Arcana.
- Survivor Guilt: Nathaniel was submitted to a trial in which most of his friends, and almost all of his acquaintances were submitted to death or torture by his Shadow Self. This has left him guilty, bitter, and somewhat unsociable to the current Persona group headed by Erina Lakatos.
- Good Is Not Nice: Neither of these two seem to enjoy what they're doing, but persist in it out of a belief that it's just the right thing to do.
- Knight Templar: Both have shades of this, with Hemera being the more extreme due to not having the same mental restraints as Nyx.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Both attempt to uphold this as well as punishing those who do kill, though Hemera's mindless nature makes her much more likely to kill by accident.
- Bookworm: Started off as one. It's faded more as the RP has gone on, though she occasionally still makes references to a few works in her speech.
- Death Seeker: Her original purpose; her desire was to leave one final good act to be remembered by, before killing herself so as to remembered by that act.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Went hand in hand with her Heroic Wannabe status.
- Drop the Hammer: Her Weapon of Choice.
- Hates Being Touched: For whatever reason, one of her most common phrases is Dont touch me. May have something to do with her Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality.
- Heroic Wannabe: Basically how she acted, wanting to be thought of as a hero, before then leading to the Death Seeker entry above.
- In the Hood: Another one that's faded over time. Nyx would pull her hood up in times of stress, which was later revealed to be done in order to hide her Mark. After her Mark was revealed, she stopped doing it almost completely.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Her basic character description is summed up as this.
- Casting a Shadow: Half of her attacking ability; dark magic.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Rather, her dark abilities are more to emphasize the balance she holds between dark and light than actually any different in their effects.
- Counter Attack: The effect of her Karmic Justice ability.
- Glass Cannon: In a sense. Not actually weaker than any other Persona, but her total physical weakness tends to mean Kryptonite Is Everywhere.
- Laser Blade: Hemera's sword, which while being able to cut and act as a normal blade, doesn't actually have an ounce of metal to it.
- Light 'em Up: Half of her attacking ability; light magic.
- Our Angels Are Different: Most notably due to the fact that she's an armored, one-winged Angel who spends most of her time staring blankly off into space.
- The Quiet One: Notable only because she actually can talk. She just chooses not to, and always does so in the Voice of the Legion.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?
- Yin-Yang Bomb: The basic description of her Almighty attacks come off as this, and are generally her most powerful yet most impractical abilities.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: With Sid.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": He hates it whenever he is called by his first or middle name and refuses to respond to them.
- Embarrassing First Name: Sidney is actually his middle name, and even then, he still hates it.
- Gender-Blender Name: Both his first and middle name are generally female.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Sara.
A somewhat shy girl with British ancestry, but born and raised in Japan. Despite this strange oddity, she is half Japanese thanks to her mother's side. She has transferred to the Academy in due to financial issues. She plays the support role with minor offensive presence, although she gets drained extremely easily. Kind and gentle, she watches over the group protectively.
She serves as the High Priestess Social Link to Erina Lakatos.
- Apologises A Lot: O-oh! Sorry! I-I will g-get to it now! Sorry again!
- Bookworm: More than any of the others, she has a mini library on her phone.
- Mission Control: Too bad she cant actually stay safe from the shadows and has to follow the group.
- Sensor Character
- Shy Finger-Twiddling
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Tries her hardest to live up to it.
- Elemental Embodiment: Not exactly a flame elemental, though about as close to one as the Dark Net has.
- Extreme Omnivore: So far, she had eaten paper and pills in addition to normal food, all the while not showing any ill effects.
- Meaningful Name: Mirrie is a word from Hymmnos that means warmth. She certainly is warm given she is a ball of flames.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: She's small, she chirps, she plays innocently cute pranks... You name it. Aside from exploding if she feels like it, everything she does is sure to make you go "awwwwwww..."