All the Damage Champions for the videogame Paladins
- Voiced by Joshua Tomar
A royally explosive robot who specializes in throwing bombs.
His main weapon is throwing Sticky Bombs that stick to surfaces and enemies. His first ability, Detonate, causes all active sticky bombs to explode. His second ability, Grumpy Bomb, throws a big, angry bomb that damages and stuns all enemies around it when it explodes. His third ability, Poppy Bomb, throw an unstable sticky bomb that causes extreme knockback to enemies and Bomb King when detonated. His ultimate, King Bomb, transforms him into a large, rolling bomb that deals massive damage and stuns enemies when he explodes.
Bomb Kings's Talents:
- Chain Reaction, makes each bomb after the first deal 270 damage extra when hitting an enemy with multiple bombs.
- Royal Subjects increases the explosion size of Sticky Bombs by 20%.
- Accelerant makes Grumpy Bomb explode 40% faster (from 3 seconds to ~1.3 seconds).
His champion teaser can be seen here.
- Action Bomb: His ultimate turns him into this. Unlike other examples, however, he doesn't die upon detonation.
- Affably Evil: He thinks everyone around him is his servant or a peasant who only exists to serve him. Either way, he's an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain at heart.
- Adipose Rex: One of the more rotund champions, and a very proud monarch.
- Animate Inanimate Object: He's a walking bomb that was magically brought to life.
- Becoming the Costume:
- His "Abombinable" skin has snow-related puns peppered in his dialogue.
- His "Pump-King" skin turns him into a walking, talking pumpking, lord of all pumpkins. Fittingly, it's a halloween skin.
- Badass Cape: A regal cape for his bombastic majesty.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: His Biz-King skin makes him wear a nice dapper pinstriped suit with a Red Tie, with a dollar sign placed on the front of his crown.
- Beware the Silly Ones:
(upon killing Buck): "I shall make a bomb out of your head!"
- For a goofy character, Bomb King has a few surprisingly dark lines.
(upon killing Cassie): "Oh look, she rolls even after death."
- After being brought to life, he single-handily eradicated a warlord's entire army.
- Cartoon Bomb: Bomb King and all of his bombs look like this. They even have cute little faces!
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He's pretty much your stereotypical abusive, dictatorial, power-mad monarch that wouldn't be out of place as an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain in a Saturday morning cartoon. He assumes that everyone else exists only to serve him, shouts a cheerful "Goodbye!" before making an enemy explode, and doesn't pass up any opportunity to mention how superior he is. None of this makes him any less dangerous in-game.
- Damage Discrimination: If used on himself, his Poppy Bomb deals knockback but not self-damage, allowing him to harmlessly Rocket Jump to higher places or out of danger. His own sticky bomb doesn't damage him either.
- Demolitions Expert: He creates sticky bombs from his arms, so Bomb King definitely qualifies.
- Fantastic Slurs: Being a robot, he'll sometimes call the other champions "meat bags".
- Gold-Colored Superiority: His Golden Recolor turns him into a shiny blindingly bright gold bomb, with black trimmings on his head and bombs It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Though he acts regal, he has quite the short fuse and can fly into a rage at the drop of a hat.
- Hurricane of Euphemisms: His "Love Machine" skin, which drops quite a lot of Innuendo's, but not nearly as many as "Infernal Seris", and they're relatively subtle. That being said, Grumpy Bomb's...moan is not.
- Incredibly Obvious Bomb: Grumpy Bomb is a big, red bomb that grumbles before it explodes, making it hard to miss. There's even an indicator for when you're within its blast radius. The Accelerant Talent alleviates this somewhat by shortening Grumpy's fuse, giving enemies less time to get away.
- Knock Back: The purpose of the Poppy Bomb is to let Bomb King Rocket Jump to higher places, or to travel faster, using Knckback to do it.
- Laughably Evil: He's quite a joyous character all-round, and very amusing to play as him.
- Large Ham: His personality in a nutshell. One of his death quotes is him Chewing the Scenery to the extreme:
- Living Weapon: His Bombs are sentient, and seem to enjoy being blown up. Except Grumpy Bomb that is...
- Mighty Roar:
- Lets out a bellowing roar in the "Be More Than a Hero" trailer.
- His Royal Wrath emote has him do the exact same roar, pose and all.
- Pumpkin Person: The Pumpking skin◊, natch.
- Rocket Jump: His Poppy Bomb skill causes a strong knockback to any target in range, including himself. It shouldn't come as a surprise that he's the only character who can cartoonishly fling himself into the air without any way to hover (like Drogoz and Androxus can).
- Sharp-Dressed Man: His Biz King skin dresses him up in a pinstripe business suit with a cape shaped like a dollar bill.
- Snowlems: The A-Bomb-Inable skin turns Bomb King into a jolly living snowman with colorful ornament bombs and a grumpy snowball bomb.
- Sticky Bomb: His primary weapon. With his "Chain Reaction" Talent, they do bonus damage if more than one is stuck to an enemy.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: He can throw up to six Sticky Bombs and detonate them at will. He can also throw a larger Grumpy Bomb that will explode on its own and stun anyone in its blast radius.
- Trick Bomb: His Grumpy Bomb stuns people in a radius and his Poppy Bomb sends him or his enemies flying.
The Hunter's Daughter
Faction: The Paladins
An agile woman who wields a crossbow. She is accompanied by a bird called Zigs.
Her main weapon is a Crossbow that shoots bolts semi-automatically. Her first ability, Disengage, shoots a bolt that damages and knocks back enemies. Her second ability, Blast Shot, fires an explosive bolt that also halves an enemy's healing. Her third ability, Dodge Roll, makes her dodge and roll in the direction she is moving while also making her next shot deal more damage. Her ultimate, Scout, sends Zigs into the sky to reveal all enemies to her allies while also increasing her movement speed.
- Exaction makes her deal 30% more damage with her her first shot after using Dodge Roll damage stats .
- Impulse increases the damage of Blast Shot to 550, and reduces its cooldown to 10 seconds.
- Big Game makes enemy hit with Disengage lose an additional 10% of their maximum Health when shot during the next 6 seconds.
- Animal Eye Spy: Her ultimate uses Zigs to highlight all enemies for eight seconds.
- Automatic Crossbow: Her main weapon, which uses magazines to load bolts.
- Badass Family: She's the daughter of a legendary huntsman and a crack shot with a crossbow.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her original outfit had her stomach prominently on display.
- Boring, but Practical: Her Ultimate, Scout is pretty basic. All it does is reveal the location of all enemies on the map, but for a game like this, it's very useful, especially if there's more than one Flank champion running around. The ultimate also increases her movement speed by 30% while active, which is still pretty mundane, but useful nonetheless in-game.
- Boom, Headshot!: Averted. Her bolts can't headshot opponents.
- Braids of Action: Wears her hair in a braid, which works well with the whole Dodge Roll thing.
- Cool Pet: Zigs is a Noble Bird of Prey who loyally flies beside Cassie into battle. Cassie's Night Bane skin transforms him into a Raven, the Sun Kissed Cassie skin transforms him into a cockatoo, while her Dragon Caller skin turns him into a miniature dragon.
- Divergent Character Evolution: Originally, Cassie used a bow as her weapon. When another archer was added in the form of Sha Lin, Cassie was later redesigned with a crossbow to differentiate the two. It helps that Cassie's bow acted more like a crossbow in the first place, lacking the Charged Attack expected from bows.
- Expy: Red hair, comparatively conservatively dressed, wields a crossbow, fights alongside a Noble Bird of Prey that can scout for her. She's basically Quinn.
- Fanservice Pack: Inverted. She originally showed quite a bit of skin◊, but was later redesigned with a more covering outfit◊. Her original clothes are available as an alternate skin, though.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Her Golden Recolor for her crossbow gives it a black and gold makeover, with purple crystals on either side. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Ms. Fanservice: Large breasts, slim figure, and fiery orange hair? Definitely qualifies. Not to mention she has many revealing alternate outfits.
- No Ontological Inertia: Zigs dies when she's killed, which is lampshaded by Ying's kill taunt towards her.
- Overly Long Gag: One of the jokes in her Sun Kissed voice pack is 30 seconds long. If you're curious, here it is.note
- Painted-On Pants: Her Dragoncaller skin is blatantly her only skin where she doesn't have something resembling a small skirt on her. In spite of the fact the material over her lower body and back looking like quilted wool.
- Rapunzel Hair: Cassie's red hair is worn in a braid so long that it goes past her butt. Her Dragoncaller skin changes that to long white hair worn down flowing out to such an extent that it replaces her usual cape-like Scarf Of Asskicking.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: A small cloak-like covering around her neck connected to a scarf going down behind her as if it's a cape is a common visual element to nearly all of her skins (aside from her Sun Kissed/Copacabana skins, and Dragoncaller, the last of which instead substitutes ridiculously-voluminous white hair.)
- Shout-Out: Her Dune Crawler skin makes her and Zigs resemble Rey and BB-8 respectively.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Seems to understand Zigs well enough.Cassie: Zigs, what do you think of our chances?(Zigs responds)Cassie: Oh, well... let's just keep that to ourselves.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: She uses a crossbow inherited from her father.
- Trick Arrow: She can fire bolts that explode or knock her enemies back.
- Unnecessary Combat Roll: Averted, as it's quite useful. It launches Cassie quite a good distance with the right card upgrades, and even makes her next shot do more damage with the right Talent.
- Valley Girl: Her Sun Kissed skin talks like one.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her original design.
Admiral of the Abyss
Faction: The Abyss
Species: Undead Human
- Voiced by Bill Rogers
An undead pirate who was reanimated by the Abyss.
Dredge's main weapon is the Cursed Howizter, which fires explosive projectiles that bounce around and detonate when hitting an enemy or after a period of time. Reloading fires an energy ball that requires a direct hit. His alt-fire is Broadside, which fires three shots at once. These shots do not bounce off the ground and need time to arm before exploding, but deal more damage. His first ability is Harpoon, tossing a piercing projectile at enemies to damage and slow. His second ability is Shortcut, which creates a tear in reality. Once two are created, Dredge and other allies can travel between them. His ultimate is Kraken. A spherical rift is created, and after a period of time, abyssal tentacles tear apart anyone still in the blast zone for a massive amount of damage.
- Scuttle makes his reload projectile explode in an Area of Effect.
- Hurl removes Harpoon's cooldown, but makes it no longer slow down enemies.
- Abyss Spike makes Harpoon stick into terrain, explode for 1000 damage, and also slightly knocks enemies back after 2 seconds.
His character trailer can be seen here.
- The Alcoholic: He's an undead pirate, it was a given that he makes references to Rum and booze in general in his voice lines.(After purchasing an item) "It's not rum, but it'll do!"
- Blade on a Stick: Harpoon, natch. The "Abyss Spike" talent lodges the harpoon into terrain and has it explode when enemies are near. The "Hurl" talent removes the harpoon's cooldown, but also removes its slowing effect.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Constantly shouts while attacking, while still bringing the hurt.
- Calling Your Attacks: "Broadside" has him shout the ability verbatim in a joyous pirate manner.
- Demonic Possession: The Abyss keeps him alive as a curse after trying (and failing) to use the Dragon Warders Gauntlets after stealing them from the Paladins, who had taken during the Dragons Call event.
- Difficult, but Awesome: His Shortcut seems underwhelming compared to the movement options of his fellow Damage Champions and appears to be of dubious use in getting back into the battlefield quickly when you can just do so using horses. However, it's meant to compensate for Dredge's mediocre foot speed, giving him a backdoor should his current engagements go awry so he can regroup. Tweaking his deck can actually cause him to recover health from being around his shortcuts, boosting his survivability.
- Dressed to Plunder: He's an undead pirate, this kind of comes with the territory. An alternate skin gives him a cloth hat instead of a pirates hat.
- Eyepatch of Power: As a pirate, he naturally has this. His recolor skin removes this, along with his pirate hat.
- Evil Weapon: His main weapon is a bomb-lobbing howitzer, which has a Squid perched on top that has decided to rest there permanantly. During his Weapon Inspect Animation, Dredge Tries to touch it, which makes it scream at him. After it calms down, it lets him pat it on the head.
- Foil: To Bomb King. Bomb King uses Sticky Bombs, while Dredge uses Harpoons and Grenades. Either one can kill the other by just being close to one another.
- To pretty much every Shield-toting champion. His kit shreds shields in a matter of a few seconds, especially when the Wrecker item is equipped.
- Ghost Pirate: After he was drowned by the Warder Dragon, the Abyss reanimated him as a zombie pirate to haunt the eight oceans.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: His Golden Recolor for him and his Howitzer are black and gold. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Glass Cannon: He's slow, has decent health, and his Shortcut needs time to teleport him. However, he is a beast when it comes to area damage.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: He plundered the Warder's relic from the Paladins and used it to summon a powerful dragon, but the dragon deemed him unworthy of its' aid and sunk him and his ship. The Abyss, on the other hand...
- Grenade Spam: Broadside, which fires three grenades that deal a lot of damage, but they have to take time to charge before exploding. They deal 1000 damage per grenade, and were nerfed a single patch later after his release to have Broadside's burst damage be performed in an AOE, so you don't immediately die to a 3x1000 grenades lobbed at your direction. Instead, you have to be quite close to the bombs to be affected.
- Kraken and Leviathan: His ultimate summons the tentacles of an abyssal kraken to destroy enemies. His ultimate callout for this? "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"
- Living Weapon: Dredge's main weapon has been enhanced with an abyssal squid. It hates being poked, as Dredge's weapon inspection shows.
- Nice Hat: Has a pirate hat. His recolour removes the hat in favour of a bandana wrapped around his head
- No "Arc" in "Archery": Grenades from his howizter avert this, but his harpoon plays it straight. This makes the harpoon useful for when you have to be direct.
- Retool: His teleporter portals inherited a now-removed talent into his basekit in update 2.01, that lets allies use the teleporters without consuming the entrance (only the exit needs to be replaced).
- Spam Attack: With the "Hurl" talent, Dredge becomes one of the few Champions who is not beholden to cooldowns, allowing him to attack with reckless abandon.
- Unorthodox Reload: Reloading his weapon has the squid attached to it fire a projectile. With the "Scuttle" talent, the reload projectile explodes.
- Teleportation: His Shortcut ability opens a hole through space and if Dredge has two open, he can teleport between them, consuming the entrance in the process. His allies can also use the shortcuts without consuming the entrance, and a short cooldown prevents allies from constantly using them.
- There Can Be Only One: Says this word-for-word if he kills Seris, a fellow agent of the Abyss.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman: In-universe, he managed to defeat and steal from the Paladins because in spite of their combined powers at the time, Dredge was just that good at naval combat.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: He may not be Bomb King, but Dredge is all about launching bouncing grenades. He can even alter his harpoon with a talent to turn it into a proximity mine.
- Villainous Valor: He originally perished trying to harpoon a dragon.
- Younger Than They Look: While he looks like an elderly (albeit ghoulish) buccaneer, Dredge was actually cut down in the prime of his life.
- Voiced by Chris Rager, Greg Carson (Dreadhunter skin)
A bipedal dragon with a jet pack and rocket launcher. His obsession with gold drives him to fight for even the smallest amount.
His main weapon is a Rocket Launcher that bombards areas with explosive rockets. His first ability, Fire Spit, spits out an unstable loogie that makes struck enemies take more damage from Drogoz's attacks, but can also be shot at with a rocket to make the loogie explode in a huge fireball that deals heavy area damage and knocks back foes. His second ability, Salvo, sets all of his loaded rockets to fire at once, dealing less damage to enemies, but covering a much wider area and dealing more damage to shields. His third ability, Thrust, launches him up into the air, where he flies through the air using the jump button. His ultimate, Dragon Punch, launches him forward at high speed to deliver a jet-powered punch that kills an enemy in one hit, regardless of health.
- Combustible makes Fire Spit knock back and deals an additional 195 damage to targets hit over a 2 second period.
- Fusillade makes Direct Shots deal 25% more damagedamage stats .
- W.Y.R.M Jets makes his rocket pack have empowered flight qualitiesnote .
His champion teaser can be seen here.
- A Lizard Named "Liz": Drogoz the Dragon.
- Badass Baritone: Has a deep, throaty voice that makes his ultimate callout sound especially threatening.
- Bare Your Midriff: A rare male example. His armor leaves his scaly abs exposed.
- Difficult, but Awesome: Drogoz's kit can be a bit complicated at first, and many players will spend too much time on the ground or in the air, and can end up struggling to get kills and stay alive because of it. However, he had one of the hardest hitting basic fires in the game, and can give enemies a debuff so that he may do more damage, not to mention an ult that instantly kills any enemy. Long story short, play him right and his damage output will be nothing to laugh at.
- Draconic Humanoid: While he looks awesome, there is the downside of his tail counting as part of his hitbox.
- Draco Lich: The Abyssal Lord skin, which changes Drogoz's jetpack into a pair of skeletal wings held together with scraps of sinew.
- Everything's Sparkly with Jewelry: He's decked out in a necklace and several bracelets all made of gold.
- Flying Firepower: Uses a jet pack with mechanical wings to launch himself and rain down rockets. However, the wings are usually folded up when flying, preferring to rely on his boosters. He'll extend them when using Thrust or Dragon Punch.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: His Golden Recolor for his launcher gives it a black and gold makeover. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Jump Jet Pack: He can launch himself straight up and hover for a good amount of time, but his horizontal movement is rather slow. With the "W.Y.R.M. Jets" Talent, Drogoz's jetpack gets enhanced, allowing him to fly faster and stay in the air longer. With the proper loadout and fuel management, he can potentially stay in the air indefinitely.
- Loves Only Gold: After escaping his serivtude, he developed an obsession for gold and is always looking to expand his hoard. His champion teaser has him taking out Skye over a single gold coin.
- Macross Missile Massacre: His Salvo ability is this, loading all the rockets in your clip into a single, area-enveloping barrage. The rockets deal around a third of their normal damage to players, but get a damage bonus against the Front Line heroes shield abilities.
- Mighty Roar:
- His "Woohoo" voice line has him roar with vigor.
- His Raging Beast emote has him hunch over, claw the ground with his foot, and then release a primal roar.
- One-Hit Kill: His ultimate, Dragon Punch, unleashes a jet-powered punch to the poor man/woman/animal/elf/plant that gets in his way, one-shotting them as soon as it connects and deals 100% of their health as damage. During the charge, you pass through and ignore any and all shielding and damage resistance effects. Only Ash, Evie, Fernando, Grohk, Khan, Koga, Lian, Maeve, Moji, Ying (debatably), and Zhin truly have the abilities to avoid it however:
- Ash's ultimate grants her complete damage immunity, provided she can land before Drogoz can get to her.
- Evie can go into her iceblock to wait out the Dragon Punch.
- Fernando can use his own ultimate, which makes him and nearby allies unable to be brought below 1,500 HP.
- Grohk can use Ghost Walk to make Drogoz pass through him, though the timing is very strict.
- Khan can use his ability "Battle Shout" to give him a brief second of damage immunity, which causes Drogoz to sort-of ping off of him.
- Koga can use his ultimate, which makes him slice anything (including Drogoz should he be low on health) in a circle radius, and also becomes immune to all damage and stuns attacks for its 3 second duration.
- Lian's ultimate gives her brief damage and CC immunity while channeling.
- If Maeve has taken the "Street Justice" talent, she can kill Drogoz while barrelling towards her. The only condition is that in order for Drogoz to be executed which means... , he has to be below 35% health, otherwise you'll just damage him at worst, or at best, if he's low on health, he'll die with you.
- Moji can use her Magic Barrier to block the ability, which like Khan, will make Drogoz ping off of her.
- Ying can be argued as having a similar ability in a round about way too. She can use illusory rift to teleport herself to an illusion to avoid the incoming Dragon punch. You can also set up an illusion to trick the Drogoz into hitting what he thinks is you, while you're safe and sound nearby, though both of these aren't really so much a No-Sell, more of a clever trap to bait him.
- Our Dragons Are Different: He's not a true dragon, but a wingless wyrin. However, his mechanical wings give him the flight of a true dragon and he has the tenacity to match.
- Pride: Although greed is his most prominent trait, Drogoz is also incredibly egotistical. He loves to boast and belittles anyone who crosses him. His ultimate callout sums it up pretty well."BEHOLD, THE DRAGON'S FURY!"
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Downplayed. He's a greedy, threatening dragon who loves gold more than people, but is more morally grey and self-centered than truly villainous.
- The artwork for his Rain of Fire skill card bears a strong resemblance to the Reign of Fire scene where dragons burn the crop fields.
- One of his jokes is "You will not collect any dragon balls."
- One of his taunts has him declare that he must break you. Fittingly, he's quoting Ivan Drago.
- He really hates being called a lizard.
- Super Spit: His alt-fire fires an explosive loogie, which you can either hit an enemy directly with it to deal 150 damage and deal 30% more damage for a short while, or (which is slightly harder, but usually more effective) shoot the loogie with a rocket in midair, which causes the loogie to explode, dealing 1000 damage to everyone in range. note The Talent Combustable adds knockback to the attack and adds some afterburn to the explosion.
- Xenomorph Xerox Two unlockable skins; Dreadhunter and Terrormorph, take a lot of inspiration from the xenomorphs.
The Last Warder
Faction: The Paladins, The Pyre
- Voiced by Christine Sanders
Imani uses a stance system where she either uses ice or fire magic depending on her stance.
Her main attacks are Pyreball and Frost Shard. Pyreball is stronger, but needs time to charge to use at full power, while Frost Shard is weaker but slows the target. Her passive is a mana bar that charges with damage dealt. When it's full, she consumes it to fire a second shot of her current spell. Her first ability is Inferno Cannon/Frost Bomb. Inferno Cannon is a piercing ray that damages enemies, while Frost Bomb is an AOE that damages and roots enemies hit by it. Her second ability Elemental Shift changes between the two stances. Her third ability is Frostfire Glide, using an ice snowboard to fly through the air. Her ultimate is Dragon's Call, which summons a dragon that uses a frostfire breath to damage and slow enemies. The dragon can be killed, but is immune to Crowd Control.
- Splitting Ice makes Frost Bolt bounce to an additional enemy, dealing 350 damage.
- Pyromania makes every third fireball explode in an Area of Effect.
- Mana Rift creates a Mana Rift after standing for 1 second, generating Mana and healing Imani for 25 health per second.
Her champion teaser can be seen here
- Achilles' Heel: The Bulldozer item affects her Dragon, as it does more damage to deployables, which is what Imani's Dragon is classed as (the following patch after her release rectified the previous wording to make this more obvious). Even if the enemy only buys the first tier of Bulldozer, it's enough to take the dragon down fairly quickly.
- Teamwork. While this can be argued for every champion, the Dragon is notable as it is massive, can kill pretty much anyone caught short, and lasts for about 20 seconds. All it takes is for a few players to fire at the dragon, while another person flanks to kill the Imani (which kills the Dragon), often seen as the best way of dealing with it.
- Bald Women: Her recolor skin shaves off her incredibly long hair to near baldness with dragon designs on her scalp.
- Badass Baritone: A rare female example. Imani has a very deep voice in-game.
- Boobs of Steel: Her top can barely contain her in-game model's bosom.
- Call to Adventure: When the beacon was lit in the "Dragon's Call" event, Imani was called to act and came to the Paladins to aid them in their war.
- Charged Attack: Pyreball is at its strongest when fully charged up, which takes a while.
- Combo Platter Powers: She possesses fire and ice powers. Her fire powers are more damaging, but her ice powers are able to inflict crowd control effects, such as slows and rooting.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: Ruckus and Bolt can take down the dragon with their raw firepower, due to the miniguns Bolt has attached to him have the single most DPS of any champion in the game, along with a shield emitter to give him and Ruckus extra shielding from the frost fire, despite the damage of each shot being a relatively low 40 damage per bullet...when you have 200 bullets (40 x 200 = 8000 damage). With this knowledge, The miniguns don't outright shred the Dragons' health, and you will come close to dying, but Ruckus and Bolt can kill the dragon if you keep moving about, never stop shooting, and are crazy enough to try it in the first place.
- Drone Deployer: Her ultimate unleashes a dragon onto the battlefield, which she can control. If Imani gets killed while she is controlling the dragon, both the dragon and Imani are killed.
- Doesn't Like Guns: She scoffs at guns, calling them "primitive".
- Kamehame Hadoken: Her Inferno Cannon unleashes a sustained two-handed fire blast so strong, it goes right through enemies.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Her Golden Recolors have her Dragon have a black, red and gold makeover. It also makes her clothes' silver trimmings golden. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Imani can summon one as her Ultimate for a good 20 seconds of flying around the battlefield. Said dragon has Seven Thousand, Five Hundred HP, so either you'd better run and hide from the dragon, or be sure you can take it down.
- Kill It with Fire: Her first stance is using her gauntlets to make a fire beam and shoot fireballs...
- Kill It with Ice: ...her other stance is using her gauntlets to create an ice bomb to freeze opponents, and shoot out ice shards.
- Last of Her Kind: As her title implies, she is the last Warder, a mage who can command dragons using special gauntlets.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Is the only champion to use Mana as a mechanic, but not as a perishable resource. It works similar to Koga's energy meter, where it's constantly regenerating.
- No Ontological Inertia: When using her ultimate, Imani is exposed and stationary, leaving her wide open for attack. If she is killed while controlling the dragon, the dragon will also die as well with her.
- Not Quite Flight: Frostfire Glide has Imani ride on a snowboard made of ice that she propels through the air using her fire powers. While speedy, its turning is lousy.
- Power Up Let Down: Dragon's Call can be one of the most devastating ultimates in the game. However, if the enemy team is working together, and have all bought even a single tier of the Bulldozer item, the dragon will be taken down pretty quickly.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is braided in a long plait that reaches down to her ankles. It is a common Warder hairstyle.
- Shout-Out: A few to Black Panther (2018):
- The red coloring and baldness of Imani's "Warder" recolor skin make her look like she's a member of Wakanda's Dora Mijale.
- One of her Top Play quotes has her question if you froze or burned, something Okoye says to T'Challa, but in a wholly different context (The difference being Imani means it literally, Okoye meant it in the sense of T'challa's state of mind while fighting.)
- Her "I'm the greatest" line (VEG) is "Warders Forever!", a play on the mantra "Wakanda Forever" both the Dora Mijale and Black Panther uses before a fight in both the Black Panther film, and in Infinity War.
- Imani, much like Okoye, also disapproves of guns, claiming them to be primitive, even saying the line in a similar fashion:
- Stance System: She can switch between using fire and ice. There is a seven second cooldown for switching between the two however, so you cannot spam the ability.
- Summon Bigger Fish: Her ultimate summons a mighty frostfire dragon that the player can control to lay waste to the battlefield.
- Tricked-Out Gloves: Her gauntlets allow her to summon and command dragons.
The Bounty Hunter
- Voiced by Martha Harms, Elizabeth Maxwell (Nova Strike skin)
A young woman with a weapon doubling as a sniper rifle and short range carbine.
Her main weapon is a Sniper Rifle that doubles as an assault rifle for close combat. Her first ability, Sniper Mode, extends her weapon into a sniper rifle for long range combat and charges her shots to deal more damage. Her second ability, Oppressor Mine, throws out up to two mines that damage who pass by. Her third ability, Transporter, deploys a drone a short distance that teleports her to its location. Her ultimate, Head Hunter, makes her deal 50% more to enemies when she shoots their upper body and does not use ammo for the duration.
- Steady Aim increases her next fully charged shot's damage to 1560 (from 1200) for 7 seconds after hitting with another fully charged shot.
- Reposition changes her Transporter to be instant.
- Eagle Eye makes headshots deal an extra 25% damage.
Her champion teaser can be seen here.
- Achilles' Heel: Absolutely useless at short-range, but fairly powerful at long range, especially when you place down her trip-mines, which deals damage to the enemy and reveals them to your teammates and yourself.
- Ambiguously Brown: Has a brown complexion, but her ethnicity is unclear.
- Arch-Enemy: She really does not like Skye, as evidenced by her kill taunts towards the twilight assassin."Remember me?""That bounty is mine!"
- Art Evolution: Her weapon was updated to look less sci-fi to better fit with the setting.
- Badass Boast: "Try and Run!" is her Ultimate callout, though she has other lines in her voice pack that are just chock-full of boasts, such as insulting the enemy about running away from her, and them dying tired.
- Bare Your Midriff: Showing the most defined-abs on any character in the game (barring Terminus, who is cheating by comparison).
- Blood Knight: Is a tad too obsessed with taking bounties. Man or woman, young or old, it doesn't matter to her and she loves it when they run.
- Boom, Headshot!:
- Encouraged with her ultimate, as it puts targets on enemies' heads and makes shots to their upper body deal more damage than normal.
- Also encouraged with her Eagle Eye Talent, which grants her 25% bonus damage to headshots.
- Bottomless Magazines: While her ultimate is active, that is.
- Charged Attack: Her rifle deals more damage the longer it's zoomed in.
- Cool Gun: It's not every day you see a carbine that swaps between automatic and sniper modes. Her best work is at long range, but she is a Damage champion and can dish out some hurt in any situation.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Her playstyle is mostly designed for long-range battles, so players who try to use her morph-weapon as a sub-machine gun will be sorely disappointed that it doesn't deal all that much damage.
- Difficult, but Awesome: Comes with territory of being a sniper, but place her tripmines down in strategic locations, as well have a good loadout for long-range damage, and she can be very rewarding to play.
- Easter Egg: If you look closely, Kinessa's Buster rifle has the phrase "Read Pwner's manual before operating◊" written on it.
- Every Bullet Is a Tracer: Every shot fired has Kinessa leave a short burst of energy behind it to make sure that enemies know her location. If her bullets didn't do this, then enemies would have a hard time pinning her exact location down on the more grandiose of maps.
- Friendly Sniper: She's pretty cheerful, especially when remarking on how much she loves collecting bounties.
- Jerkass: Her voice pack reveals she loves killing people and collecting her bounties. She isn't very polite to fallen enemies either.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Her Golden Recolor for her sniper rifle is given a black and gold makeover. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Morph Weapon: Her weapon needs less than a second to transform from assault rifle to sniper rifle or vice versa.
- Only Init For The Money: Kinessa is pretty obviously the definition of mercenary.
- Pointless Band-Aid: On her cheek.
- Defeating Barik has her call him a sad, strange, little man.
- One of her kill streak lines has her shout "My heart's beating, my hands are shaking, and I'm still shooting!"
- She has a card called Beam Me Up, with a picture of a woman in a yellow shirt teleporting.
- If she kills Fernando, she'll quip that she likes they way he dies...boy.
- Teleportation: She can deploy a transporter that takes her to the place it was deployed after a few seconds.
- Sentai: Her Battlesuit Eagle Eye skin is inspired by Sentai TV shows.
- Sniper Rifle: Well, she wouldn't be a sniper without one!
- Weak, but Skilled: Weak at short range endeavours, but really good at long range sniping.
Scion of House Aico
Faction: The Magistrate
- Voiced by Caitlin Glass, Marissa Lenti (Goddess Skin), Terri Doty (High Elf skin)
A scornful noblewoman of House Aico, carrying herself with grace and contempt in equal measure, leading her men to battle to reclaim her house's glory.
Lian's main weapon is her Heirloom Rifle, a semi-automatic, mid-long range rifle. Her first ability, Valor, has her fire a shot in a spread in front of her, applying weapon effects. Her second ability, Presence, has her briefly charge up, then fire a long-range, piercing shot for high damage, that applies weapon effects. Her third ability, Grace, has her quickly flourish into any ground-based direction, firing off a single shot that's equal to a normal shot at the nearest enemy. Her ultimate ability, Enlightenment, has her float in the air, becoming totally immune to damage and CC during the charge-up before firing a single, piercing shot for massive damage. If this ability lands the killing blow on an enemy, she instantly regains 50% of her ult charge.
- Alacrity reduces the cooldown of Grace by 1 second and makes it hit all enemies in front of her instead of just one.
- Eminence makes Presence deal up to 400 more damage based on range (base damage is 800) and reduces its cooldown by 4 seconds.
- Precision makes hitting consecutive shots and abilities increase your Heirloom Rifle damage (base is 400 damage) against those targets by 2% (80 damage) for 5 seconds, stacking up to 16% (640 damage).
Her champion teaser can be seen here.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her front outfit features this.
- All There in the Manual: According to her official Twitter account, her full name is Lian Amarasi-Marila.
- Ascended Meme: The "Neil!" meme, a Mondegreen of Lians' "Kneel!" ultimate line, where the community questions who Neil is, and why Lian is shouting at him mid-match. Well, the community now has an answer, as the meme gets referenced in Shore Patrol Lian's skin:Getting into a match "Ugh, I can't believe Neil talked me into this community service gig."
- Blue Blood: Lian is the sole heiress of House Aico, a once powerful family that has lost much of its power and reach. Therefore, she has taken it upon herself to restore her House to its former glory.
- Boring, but Practical: In a vein similar to Rama, all of her abilities are just varying ways to shoot you. As a result, she has an answer to practically every situation when it comes to enemy placement and makes heavy use of items that affect weapon shots.
- Cold Sniper: Subverted. She has the aloof, unfriendly and arrogant personality of the trope, but her regular rifle is a semi-automatic one, and doesn't have the traditional scope used by snipers, like Kinessa and Strix use.
- Combat Stilettos: Walks around the battlefield with high heels, though she's not kicking with it.
- Foil: To Viktor. She is a young heir of a noble family commanding her armies to regain her House's glory, he is an old and experienced soldier that believes being a champion is about doing what is right.
- Also to Zhin. Both are leaders/scions of their own Houses with their air of arrogance, but Lian leads with honor and respect while Zhin does it with fear and intimidation. Needless to say, Lian is disgusted with Zhin's style.
- Also to Khan, gameplay-wise. She's self-sufficient but doesn't offer anything in the way of utility outside of the damage she deals, while Khan has a lot of ways to protect his allies, but needs help with actually killing enemies.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Her Golden Recolor for her rifle is given a black and gold makeover. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Ice Queen: She displays a cold and no-nonsense personality with a very sharp tongue, and her Blue Blood certainly gives her a queenly vibe.
- Impoverished Patrician: Downplayed. While House Aico has lost a lot of power that Lian is trying to reclaim its honor and glory, she still manages to avoid being reduced to wear rags.
- Lady of War: Lian carries herself with an arrogant grace and her fighting style requires a combination of speed and precision, she doesn't slow herself down with a sniper scope but her shots travel very quickly and will damage someone in the line of fire the moment they're shot, allowing her to get closer to battle, jumping around while shooting precisely, or slide around gracefully and delivering an Always Accurate Attack.
- The Leader: Leader of her House Aico and likes to think herself as a leader who gives out orders to her men.
- Kneel Before Zod: Her ultimate callout basically commands her enemies to KNEEL.
- Ms. Fanservice: Lian's outfit features a cleavage which shows a pair of big (but not huge) breasts, and shows her shoulders and armpits. Then her lower outfit also shows off her shapely thighs on high boots and heels. All that and add up a high and mighty, haughty personality. She certainly shows a great deal of appeal.
- No-Sell: During her ultimate, she is immune to both damage and debuffs. In a pinch, she can use her ult to avoid life-threatening attacks.
- No Scope: Her default rifle, as well as other rifles from her other skins, don't have a scope attached to the side of her gun due to the rifles' semi-automatic nature, so it makes it all the more jarring when her Merrymaker skin has a scope attached to side of the rifle. Like with Furia and the community "Pants vs No Pants" debacle, Merrymaker Lian got the community up in arms in a "Pro Scope vs No Scope" debacle, and like last time, Evil Mojo compromised, and kept both designs, and made a variant without a scope that also comes with the skin.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: One of her laughs gives this vibe, being a scion/noblewoman of House Aico and all.
- One Hit Poly Kill: Presence and Enlightenment can pierce through enemies, hitting any enemies in their way.
- Our Elves Are Better: Her High Elf skin, which fits her haughty attitude.
- Pet the Dog: Despite being a haughty princess, Lian can promise Fernando, one of the more decent members of the Magistrate (in a way), that if they win the match, she'll treat him for dinner.
- Physical Goddess: Her Goddess skin dresses her like a Greek goddess who speaks in a haughty tone. She looks down on Jenos and has special dialogue if slain by Androxus the Godslayer.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She was listed as 'Princess' when in datamining and she's of nobility that will inherit her house. She's also battle-geared and leads her men to battle while shooting things.
- Shout-Out: Her Goddess skin seems to be a reference to Hi-Rez's other game SMITE, right down to the splash art◊. Judging from the design, she takes after Athena.
The Desert Wind
Faction: The Paladins
- Voiced by Todd Haberkorn
A cocky archer with a deceptive set of abilities. Obviously hailing from the desert area and has affinity with its wind, allowing him to go invisible with it.
His main weapon is a Long Bow that shoots stronger arrows when fully drawn back. His first ability, Impaler Arrow, replaces his regular arrow with an arrow that deals knockback and stuns enemies if they hit a wall. His second ability, Planted, roots him in place as he rapidly fires a volley of arrows. His third ability, Withdraw, makes him leap backward and turn invisible. His ultimate, Heat Haze, gives him prolonged invisibility and leaves a flickering image of him when he shoots his bow.
Sha Lin's Talents:
- Desert Shadow makes your first shot breaking Stealth with Withdraw deal up to 1250 damage (from "up to 1000 damage").
- Recurve, makes him draw his bow 15% faster.
- Explosive Arrows makes Impaler Arrow explode on contact with any surface/champion, inflict an additional 300 damage, and knock back all enemies in the radius, but no longer stuns enemies.
His champion teaser can be seen here.
- Art Evolution: He got a face◊ update◊ in patch OB 50.
- Bottomless Magazines: He doesn't need to pick up his arrows once he's used them as he has an infinite supply of them.
- Charged Attack: Has to pull back on his bow to get the most damage out of his arrows. His "Planted" ability stops Sha Lin from moving, but allows to fire off six arrows really quickly, all of which do a decent amount of damage to boot.
- Darker and Edgier: His lore skin, Outlaw, transforms the pretty boy rogue into an older, grittier bandit, complete with an Eyepatch of Power, Perma-Stubble, a menacing bow, and a much lower voice.
- Death-or-Glory Attack: His Planted ability has a damage output comparable to most ultimates, but has a long cooldown and Sha Lin is unable to move while using it, which leaves him wide open to damage.
- Difficult, but Awesome: Sha Lin is difficult to get used to as his arrows require draw time and are projectiles instead of being hitscan-based. The arrows also avert No "Arc" in "Archery", meaning hitting your target requires consistent aim and prediction of an enemies movement.
- Doppleganger Spin: His ultimate, Heat Haze originally used a variation of this trope: The real Sha Lin is invisible, but every time he fires, a fake appears where he shoots.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: His Golden Recolor for his bow is given a black and gold makeover. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: His "Impaler" pins targets to walls (Represented by high knockback and stunning if the target hits the wall)
- Invisibility Flicker: His ultimates allows him to attack while invisble, but he'll flicker in and out invisibility when he shoots. This gives enemies an idea of his location.
- Master of Illusion: Pre-rework, he can create mirages at will when entering stealth mode and during his ultimate. They were removed for being superfluous and not really fooling anyone.
- Pretty Boy: Unlike the other burly and rugged human male champions, Sha Lin is slim and has softer facial features.
- Superhero: The Vigilante, Crime Fighter, and Guardian skins are rather reminiscent of Green Arrow, Dare Devil and Hawkeye.
- Stealth Expert: Has two abilities that allow him to turn invisible.
- Trick Arrow: His "Explosive Arrows" Talent makes his impaler arrows explode on contact, causing area damage and knockback, but can no longer stun.
- Ship Tease: With Ying.
- Defeating an enemy Ying may cause him to ask her out.
- In "A Realm Divided", they are seen walking and standing together.
- Shout-Out: His Daring Escape card has splash art that seems to resemble an Aladdin chase sequence.
Faction: The Magistrate
- Voiced by Cris George
An old sniper who mentored Kinessa and fought alongside Viktor back in the day.
Unlike other champions, Strix has two main weapons, a bolt-action Talon Rifle and a semi-automatic Side Arm pistol. With his rifle equipped, his first ability is Scope, which lets him look down his rifle's scope and gain pin-point accuracy. With his pistol out, the ability is instead Flare, which when someone is hit, they'll be revealed to your team, and take damage and be afflicted with afterburn. His second ability, Quick Switch, swaps out his equipped weapon for his other weapon. His third ability, Stealth, has him enter stealth which drains his energy while in it. Stealth can be toggled on and off at any time as long as he has enough energy. His Ultimate, Flash Bang, throws a Flash Bang grenade that detonates on contact, blinding nearby enemies with an after-image for 3 seconds.
- Nocturnal makes his Stealth bar last 50% longer.
- Unauthorised Usemakes Flare deal 600 more Damage (from 200 damage), travel faster, and reduces its cooldown by 10 seconds, but no longer reveals enemies.
- Crack Shot makes Side Arm deal 20% more damage to targets that were hit with Talon Rifle within the last 4 seconds.
His champion teaser can be seen here.
- The Ace: Is renowned in the Realm as the best of the best.
- A.K.A.-47: His pistol's appearance is blatantly based off of the Luger◊, most notably the distinctive toggle lock on the top of the gun and the chunky back of the receiver.
- Animal Motifs: Owls. Strix is named after a mythical owl, has an owl-shaped hood, and wears owl feathers as a cloak. His "Woohoo!" voiceline has him make hooting noises.
- Blinded by the Light: His ultimate is a flashbang grenade, similar to that of a Counter-Strike Flashbang grenade.
- Cold Sniper: Unlike his student, Kinessa, Strix is stern, distant, and doesn't speak unless he needs to.
- Creepy Crows: His Raven skin◊ gives him a spooky black and red ghillie suit with a beaked mask.
- Face Death with Dignity: Similar to Viktor, one of his deathlines is "Not... Afraid..."
- Fighting Your Friend: He and Viktor are war buddies and Kinessa was his student. While he has no hard feelings when killed by them (he even congratulates Kinessa), there is a hint of remorse in his voice if he kills them.
- Flare Gun: His pistol has this, and damages players. The Flare XL card increases the reveal range of the Flare by 10% - 50%, while the "Unauthorised Use" Talent removes the flare's properties and increased its damage and projectile speed three-fold, and reduces its cooldown significantly (15 seconds to 5 seconds).
- Foil: To Kinessa. While Kinessa is a friendly sniper who uses advanced technology such as her Morph Weapon and teleporter, Strix is a cold sniper who uses more primitive (albeit crystal empowered) weapons and magic to turn invisible.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: His Golden Recolor for both his sniper rifle and the Luger flare gun is given a black and gold makeover. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Glass Cannon: He has average health, high damage potential, and invisibility, but lacks a mobility skill to quickly get out of trouble. It can be hard to find him, but once he's found, he's going to have a hard time escaping. He can also be forced out of invisibility when he takes at least 500 damage, making it easy to expose him if you can guess where he is. For comparison, Skye has to take 1,200 damage to be forced out of stealth.
- Interface Screw: Flash Bang blinds enemies and leaves an after-image.
- Loophole Abuse: Taking Unauthorized Use (which removes the flare's ability to reveal) while also using a loadout containing the the card Flare XL (which increases the reveal radius of the flare) makes Strix be able to use his Flare Gun as intended. Strangely, this unintended bug and its behaviour has been fixed, but the bug returns after you die a single time in a match (which is likely to happen, Paladins is a shooter after all).
- Magical Native American: Downplayed. While his outfit gives off a Native American vibe, Stealth is his only ability that seems magical in nature.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Is the first champion to have two main weapons that he can switch between. Unlike other stealth champions, his stealth can be toggled and has an energy resource instead of a cooldown.
- Mentor Archetype: Taught Kinessa all he knows about sniping.
- Mighty Glacier: He can deal a lot of damage, but lacks any mobility to help him escape danger.
- No Scope: One of his emotes makes a reference to the "360 no-scope" meme, which is him spinning on the spot, and taking his scope off of his rifle, then placing a spare one onto the rifle a few seconds later.
- Offhand Backhand: In his champion teaser, he shoots Ziggs out of the sky without even looking.
- Ominous Owl: He certainly looks the part.
- Old Soldier: An old, seasoned sniper, Strix was part of the same unit as fellow old soldier, Viktor. In his champion teaser, the two work together to attack the enemy team.
- Perpetual Frowner: He doesn't smile much while in a match or on the lobby screens.
- The Quiet One: He doesn't talk much and when he does, it's always short and to the point.
- Shout-Out: His Remix skin, particularly the helmet, bares resemblance to the band Daft Punk.
- Stance System: Strix can switch between his rifle for long-range attacks and his pistol for short-range attacks and shooting flares.
- Stealth Expert: Can turn invisible, which relies on an energy resource he must keep track of. While the stealth can be toggled, it requires a certain amount of energy to be active and firing while in stealth will drop the invisibility and take off a chunk of energy. His default Talent, Nocturnal, slows the drain of energy while in stealth.
- The Stoic: He always speaks in a gruff, low tone, hardly ever raising his voice.
- Terse Talker: There are approximately seven voice lines that are longer than four words. Strix does not speak much.The game...was good.
Faction: The Paladins (currently), The Magistrate (formerly)
- Voiced by Morgan Garrett, Rachael Messer (Dire Wolf skin)
A wild huntress who hunts great beasts with her battle rifle.
Her main weapon is an Auto Rifle that is most effective at medium range. Her first ability, Nade Launcher, launches a grenade from her rifle that explodes on impact. Her second ability, Fire Bomb, throws a drinking horn that lights the ground on fire, which spreads and deals damage over time. Her third ability, Hunter's Mark, marks an enemy for a short duration, exposing the enemy to all allies and allowing Tyra to deal more damage to the marked enemy. Her ultimate, Crossfire, replaces her rifle's magazine with a drum that grants her unlimited ammo and faster firing speed for a short time.
- Mercy Kill makes Nade Launcher have 3 charges (instead of just one).
- Hunting Party improves Hunter's Mark. The talent gives it 2 Charges, reduces its cooldown to 13 seconds (from 15), makes revealed enemies visible to your allies, and increases its bonus damage to 25%.
- Burn, Monster! makes Fire Bomb cripple enemies and deal 50% more damage (18% of champion's maximum health).
- Achilles' Heel: Since she can't get out of a fight easily, she has to keep on shooting to be effective. You can abuse this by flanking her and catch her off by surprise.
- Back in the Saddle: Was part of the Magistrate's elite soldier unit, but after their horrible final mission, Tyra retired from the military life to hunt monsters. Now she fights for the Resistance, using her skills against the Magistrate that she once fought for.
- Badass Normal: Her arsenal is an assault rifle with a grenade launcher, a molotov cocktail, and a keen tracking sense.
- Boring, but Practical: With an assault rifle and grenades as her primary weapons, she's pretty similar to Viktor but with a fire bomb and some abilities lifted from Cassie and Kinessa.
- Fantastic Racism: Considers orcs and vulpine, like Grohk and Pip, to be nothing more than mere beasts for her to hunt.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Her Golden Recolor for her gun is given a black and gold makeover. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Glass Cannon: Unlike quite a lot of other champions, she has no mobility skill to quickly maneuver about, she has to rely on standing her ground and fighting it out to survive...so pretty much everything she can do is damage enemies, aside from her Hunter's Mark (which still lets her rifle do more damage against the marked target).
- Hotter and Sexier: For some reason, the Chinese version of Paladins changes Tyra's outfit to what is basically a battle bikini◊.
- Kill It with Fire: She can throw a drinking horn that engulfs the ground with a spreading flame, burning enemies in it and denying the area.
- Meaningful Name: Tyra is greek for "untamed". This translates her title as "Untamed, the Untamed".
- More Dakka: Her ultimate gives her rifle a Bottomless Magazine and greatly increases her firing rate.
- Nemean Skinning:
- Has a bear skin draped over her shoulders, apparently slain by her. Averted in the Chinese version of Paladins, which replaces it with a mundane cloak.
- Her Dire Wolf skin replaces the bear with a wolf, natch. The Dragonslayer skin does the same with a dragon.
- Older Than They Look: Was in the same unit as Old Soldiers Viktor and Strix, yet looks quite youthful compared to them. In an unimplemented line of spawn chatter from Strix, he notes that she "Hasn't aged a day".
- Percent Damage Attack: Her Fire Bomb. (Maximum HP variant).
- Rugged Scar: Has three claw scars on her upper arm, presumably from one of her hunts.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: She's a master huntress whose Hunter's Mark ability lets her highlight an enemy for her team to track down.
- Skill Gate Character: Like Viktor, she plays very much like a traditional FPS character, albeit slower and more aggressive. Her easiness to play is why she became a free character when she was released.
- This Cannot Be!: When killed, one of her death lines can be "But... how?"
The Lone Wolf
Faction: The Magistrate
- Voiced by Edward Bosco, Aaron Roberts (Code Green skin)
An aged soldier armed with an assault rifle and grenades.
His main weapon is a reliable Assault Rifle. His first ability, Iron Sights, has him aim down his rifle's sights for better accuracy at the cost of slower movement. His second ability, Frag Grenade, throws a grenade that can be cooked to explode faster. His third ability, Hustle, makes him sprint for as long as the button is held down and has no cooldown. His ultimate, Barrage, lets him use his binoculars to call down artillery strikes on his enemies.
- Cardio heals Viktor for 250 health per second when using Hustle.
- Burst Mode makes Assault Rifle do 3-shot bursts, increasing damage and improving effectiveness at range (220 damage per shot).
- Shrapnel increases the Area of Effect of Grenade by 40%.
His champion teaser can be seen here. His visual update can be seen here.
- A Father to His Men: He led his unit like a band of brothers and believes in teamwork and encouragement. When his team failed their final mission, he took the blame for his team and looks out for his fellow soldiers even in his lower position.
- Almighty Janitor: Was once a commander of an elite group of soldiers, he was stripped of his rank after their final mission went awry. However, he still pushes himself and fights hard even in his lower-ranking position.
- Animal Motif: Wolves. His title is The Lone Wolf and he has a wolf-shaped shoulder guard. Some of his alternate skins play this up, with the Full Moon skin turning Viktor into a werewolf and the Legionnaire skin◊ giving him a wolf-themed armor set and rifle.
- Art Evolution: In OB 70, he was redesigned from a grizzled old soldier with wrinkles and graying hair to a younger soldier with Dungeon Punk clothing and a larger haircut. His arsenal was also updated, such as his assault rifle being less futuristic and given a (non-functional) bayonet.
- Bayonet Ya: Subverted. While his rifle is fitted with a bayonet, he is unable to fight with it in-game.
- Badass Grandpa: His original look made him look like one of the oldest champions in the realm, next to Torvald. However, since his visual update, he looks much younger, but retains the gravelly Old Soldier voice. His "Legionnaire" skin really takes it Up to Eleven and makes him sound really decrepit and tired.
- Boring, but Practical: Of all the other champions in this game, Viktor stands out for having a kit that can be found in other FPS games. He has an assault rifle, grenades, can use his iron sights and can sprint around. This doesn't, however, make him weaker than the other heroes.
- Badass Normal: The setting is Dungeon Punk and most characters have magic-enhanced weapons or inborn powers. Viktor? Just a normal soldier with an ordinary gun and a (possibly magical) grenade.
- Death from Above: He calls down artillery shells for his ultimate. His V1-KTOR skin uses a Kill Sat instead.
- Death Montage: Hi-Rez made a montage of all the times Viktor has been on the receiving end of other champions' wrath. This includes being blown up, pinned to the wall with arrows, killed and stuffed into a chest by Vivian, and being punched halfway across Ascension Peak by Khan.
- Eye Patch Of Power: Has a few types of eyepatches as alternative head skins.
- Face Death with Dignity: One of his death lines is "I am not afraid."
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Viktors Golden Recolor for his assault rifle is given a black and gold makeover. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Grenade Spam: With the right cards, Viktor can lob grenade after grenade after grenade.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Has decent survivability, speed, and firepower.
- Military Superhero: A soldier part of the Magistrate's forces.
- Nice Guy: If you need proof that the Magistrate isn't evil, look no further than the supportive, father-like, jovial Viktor. Alot of his dialogue has him claiming that he has his teammate's backs, compliments and expresses gratitude regularly, and reassures them if they lose. All-around one of the game's most pleasant characters.
- Old Soldier: His original design has some prominent age lines in the face. He's not the oldest champion in the roster, but he easily looks like he could be in the neighborhood of fifty years old. His current design averts this by making him appear 30-40 years old.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: His Full Moon◊ skin turns him into a rifle-toting werewolf, making him a true Lone Wolf.
- Right Makes Might: He can remark that it's not powers, but doing what's right that makes someone a champion.
- Russian Guy Suffers Most:
- Took the fall for his crew and lost his high rank. However, he still gives it 100% to regain his ranking.
- In champion teasers, he is the most likely champion to be killed or injured when he appears. His visual update trailer features a montage of nearly all the times he's been beaten up.
"Now to relax and regenerate my health.""Need a Med-Pack stat!."
- One of his jokes is "I'd love to stay here and talk with you... but I'm not going to."
- His V1-KTOR skin looks like it straight out of Doom and the voice pack makes him sound like a gung ho Space Marine, who lampshades almost every first person shooter convention under the sun:
- Skill Gate Character: Much like Soldier: 76 or Oscar Mike, Viktor is something of a Call of Duty guy, with a machine gun, grenades, and a running sprint. He's very good for beginners of the FPS genre, though his basic skills can remain potent as one advances further into the game.
- Space Marine: The V1-KTOR skin gives Viktor bulky futuristic armor fit for any sci-fi soldier.
- That Russian Squat Dance: One of his taunts is the Cossack Dance.
- You Have Researched Breathing: He's the only champion in the game who is able to sprint around.
Faction: The Magistrate
- Voiced by Fryda Wolff, Tiana Camacho (Full Throttle skin)
A conniving security chief for the Magistrate who has her own plans to gain power.
Her main weapon is her Light Machine Gun, which has a large ammo count to keep the heat on enemies at medium range. Her first ability, Precision Sights, has her look down the barrel of her gun to improve accuracy, but significantly reduces her movement speed. Her second ability, Deflector Shield, projects a small shield in front of her to block damage as she shoots. However, the shield leaves her lower body and back exposed. Her third ability, Sensor Drone, throws out a deployable sensor that reveals enemies to her within its radius. The light on her gun will turn red if an enemy is detected by her sensor. Her ultimate ability is Sentinels, which summons two sentinel drones that fire energy blasts while she shoots, greatly increasing her attack power. These drones will persist indefinitely until they are destroyed or Vivian is killed.
- Suspect Everyone makes her and her deployables take 20% less damage from enemies revealed by Sensor Drone.
- Booby Trap makes Sensor Drones explode, dealing 600 damage when an enemy is within 20ft.
- Opportunity In Chaos makes shots deal 20% more damage after firing continuously for 2 seconds (204 damage per shot, 14280 damage is the maximum possible, assuming all shots hit) until you need to reload.
Her champion teaser can be seen here.
- Attack Drone: Her ultimate summons two that fire explosive blasts in conjunction with her light machine gun. They also look very similar to the runes on Torvald's glove.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her normal look.
- Beauty Mark: Has one on...pretty much the exact same spot Marilyn Monroe does for the Beauty Mark article's picture, actually.
- Biker Babe: Her Full Throttle skin.
- Booby Trap: Literally one of her talents. It makes her Sensor drones arm and explode when an enemy gets too close to them.
- Boring, but Practical: Her kit is very straightforward, but very effective.
- The Chessmaster: Boasts about knowing her enemies' every move and that she always has a fallback. She's been scheming behind the Magistrate's back without them knowing it. Her kit actually rather backs up putting a bit of planning into playing Vivian - her Sensor Drones of course reveal enemies to you to let you prepare for dealing with your enemies, and her Deflector Shield requires use of terrain to ensure your enemies don't just fire at your feet to invalidate it. Some talents also reward foreplanning particularly - Booby Trap causes Sensor drones to explode on enemies that walk too close to them, and Suspect Everyone makes enemies revealed by your Sensor drones do less damage to you and your deployables.
- Cleavage Window: Vivian wears a jacket that covers her arms entirely... and none of her chest, over a top that exposes cleavage, thereby pretty much making her upper body's ensemble this. Her cards even show downplayed male examples of this trope in that they're wearing pretty much the exact same style of clothing as Vivian, but Vivian's neckline is a lot more daring.
- Deflector Shields: Her Deflector Shield ability, of course. It's a weak shield, but it can keep her alive during a fight.
- Double Meaning: One of Vivian's auto-callout voicelines for suggesting to teammates that they should assist the Frontline is: "Our Frontline is getting hammered!". For most players, the phrase means that they're getting attacked, and probably need some help. For Brits however, it has a secondary meaning, where Vivian is saying that the Frontlines are getting very drunk.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Wears a shoulderpad only over her left arm, and has a belt looped around the opposite side's leg.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Her Golden Recolor for both herself and her SMG is given a black and gold makeover. Her normally red clothing is turned black, with golden trimmings. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Her Biker Skin's sunglasses have no gameplay use, and only exist to make her look cool. She doesn't take them off on the champion menu's either.
- He Knows Too Much: What she actually cares about as to why she's taken to the battlefield - silencing (probably inflicting this on) the unidentified individual that knows about her schemes. Some kill taunts she may imply that Barik or Torvald is that individual, their pasts of working at the Deepwerks facility.
- It's All About Me: A more serious example - Vivian is only concerned with gaining more power, and doesn't really care much about the aspects on the whole "Resistance vs. Magistrate" thing, the Magistrate just happens to be what she's gaining power from. Correspondingly, she's fighting just to find the person who knows about her power-hungry schemes.
- Infinite Supplies: Taking Hidden Reserves (Every shot made in Precision Sights has a chance to not cost ammo) and Unchecked Ambition (Hitting a shot has a chance to not cost ammo) at level 5 each in a loadout makes it so that hitting shots in iron sights will mean that you never have to reload. The former card maxes out at a 40% chance, while the latter maxes out at a 60% chance, making for a 100% chance... in other words: No reloading required. Using this with the Opportunity In Chaos talent makes your damage output also gain 20% increase damage after 2 seconds of continuous shooting.
- Magitek: Her gun seems to fire normal bullets, but is powered by crystals. When her gun runs dry, the crystal dims and she replaces it with a new one.
- Mighty Glacier: Lacks a movement ability, but compensates with her shield, sensor drone, and damage capability.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Her ultimate is the only ultimate in the game that lasts indefinitely, though it can be destroyed. She is also the only non-Frontline champion to have a shield ability, and the only shield ability in the game that doesn't project its target's feet.
- More Dakka: Her main weapon holds 75 bullets, which is quite a lot for this game. The Unchecked Ambition card can even give her chance to not expend a bullet if it hits an enemy, and the Hidden Reserves gives a chance to make any shots made while not aiming down the sights to consume ammunition, and as they're loadout cards, they both stack with each other). Combine with the Opportunity in Chaos talent where you gain 20% more damage after continuously firing for 2 seconds, and you can use Vivian for all your left-clicking needs!...that's assuming you can actually hit your enemies to make use of Unchecked Ambition.
- Painted-On Pants: It's like she got fashion tips from Skye's old wardrobe.
Of the Summer Court
Faction: The Summer Court
- Voiced by Xanthe Huynh, Elise Baughman (Hemlock skin)
A mischevious little fairy with a deceptively strong wand.
Her main weapon is her Wand of Overgrowth, which blasts explosive fae energy. Her first ability, Dead Zone, fires out a toxic spore that completely negates all healing in an area for a few seconds. Her second ability, Seedling, tosses out a seed that explodes into four more seeds that also explode. Her third ability, Flutter, propels herself forward and upwards. Her ultimate, Fae Flight, has her harness the power of the Fae and take to the skies for several seconds while also giving her wand unlimited ammo.
- Nightshade makes Dead Zone deal 500 damage when the initial explosion hits an enemy.
- Blastflower makes targets hit by Wand of Overgrowth take 100 additional damage, stacking up to 3 times, with the effect lasting for 5 seconds.
- Scorn increases the damage of each Seedling to 750, and reduce the fuse time by 25%.
Her champion teaser can be seen here.
- Anti-Regeneration: Her Dead Zone prevents healing in its radius. Willo is the only champion to have an anti-heal ability, with only Torvald coming close to it (He silences all abilities except primary fire).
- Bare Your Midriff: Like with Kinessa, though her body is rather thin, owing to her being a fairy.
- Bottomless Magazines: During Fae Flight, her wand does not need to reload, allowing her to keep on firing.
- Crippling Overspecialization: She excels in wide area damage, but her low single target dps makes her terrible at 1 v 1 fights. Her Blastflower Talent alleviates this by making her wand do more damage to enemies with each successful hit, stacking up to three times.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Her voice is high and squeaky, as if she's been perpetually inhaling helium. Spamming her voicelines in chat is an easy way to annoy allies.
- Cute Monster Girl: She looks rather inhuman compared to traditional fairies, but she's cute regardless.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In her teaser, she annihilates everyone on the battlefield because Fernando trampled a flower she was admiring.
- Dying Race: There are not many faeries left because of their short lifespan and war against modern civilization.
- The Fair Folk: Her Hemlock skin transforms the cheery, playful Willo into a malicious, twisted villainess who enjoys making others suffer.
- Fairy Sexy: Hugely downplayed due to her face being really off-putting to most people, but she does wear somewhat revealing attire.
- Fighting Your Friend: She is good friends with Grover and is not at all happy when she kills him or is killed by him.
- Garden Garment: Wears clothes made out of petals; a bra and a petal dress.
- Gaia's Vengeance: She's waging a one-fairy war on modern civilization to preserve the forests. Because of this, she's good friends with Grover, who is also doing the same.
- Genki Girl: She's very playful, whimsical and treats battles like a game.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Her Golden Recolor for her wand is given a black and gold makeover. It is unlocked at Character Mastery Level 50.
- Green Thumb: Two. Her Seedling ability, which, as the name suggests, makes her throw seedlings. They explode into four more seedlings, which then also explode. The second is her Deadzone ability, which has her throw toxic spores in an AOE that negates all healing.
- Horseback Heroism: She doesn't ride her horse so much as grab its reins and float over it.
- Humanity Ensues: Canonically, Willo's Sugar Plum skin is her using magic to make herself look more human for the christmas holidays. She's still as mischievous as ever, though.
- Hitbox Dissonance: Don't bother trying to shoot at her wings, it wont work. Her capsule hitbox only covers her actual body.
- "Just Joking" Justification: On death, she may say "It's Just a prank... bro..."
- Killer Rabbit: She's a cute little fairy who's weapon of choice is a flower of destruction. She even jokes about how "harmless" she looks.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is derived from will-o'-the-wisp, which are mysterious balls of light associated with fairies.
- Our Fairies Are Different: She looks like a plant-based organism, with her clothing and body merged to a certain degree.
- Power Nullifier: Deadzone doesn't do any damage, but completely nullifies enemy healing within its radius. Considering Cauterize needs to be bought and doesn't fully reduce healing even at its highest level (90% for 1.5 seconds), this makes Deadzone the ultimate anti-heal mechanic.
- Trick Bomb: Seedling is essentially a cluster bomb that explodes into four additional grenades that each do the same damage as the first.
- Video Game Flight: Her ultimate gives her true flight, allowing her to freely soar through the air while firing away.
- We Are as Mayflies: Inverted. Fairies have very short lifespans. While Willo is an adult fairy, she is only 3 in human years.