Paixao, being a long-running game, naturally has several characters, all from varying canons. Please note that only current characters are listed on this sheet, and they're all subject to change. For better information, check the various canon pages.
It must be noted that there are sometimes unmarked spoilers for the characters' respective games.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Empty Shell: Narrowly escapes this fate after being experimented on.
- Enemy Mine: Teams up with Marluxia to stop Xemnas.
- Hidden Depths: She's terrified of giving in to her demonic side and values those who don't care about it, as they help her see past it, too.
- Hot Scientist: Shows flashes of this from time to time.
- I Will Find You: To Genie.
- Mama Bear: Word to the wise: never harm or threaten Yorda.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: With Genie, until he disappears.
Pulled from her world after spending some time in Houndsditch, Alice isn't quite certain as to whether or not Paixao has replaced the newly ruined Wonderland. But she doesn't mind much, given that Wonderland was her Happy Place to begin with...
- Action Girl: Attempted, but failed, as she didn't have any actual combat experience.
- All Just a Dream: Still unsure whether or not Paixao is real.
- Bedlam House: Was incarcerated in one until recently. Unfortunately, it was during Victorian Britain, which can only mean one thing.
- Comically Missing the Point: Occasionally does this with Zelos' flirting.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Animals bring out her sweet side.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: She's the blue oni to Red's, well... red.
- Sanity Has Advantages: When set upon by Heartless, she had a mental break and needed to be rescued. And when the dome starts collapsing, she needs Cid to pull her out, not realizing that no, she's not actually falling into Wonderland.
- Wrench Wench: After she gets a job with Cid.
- Break the Cutie:
- Getting yelled at by dark!NiGHTS for abandoning hir.
- Still has that future appointment with Xemnas.
- It's All My Fault:
- When NiGHTS gets captured because of him.
- Despite taking his rage out on everyone else initially, he does hate himself for not actually preventing Paixao's destruction.
- Jive Turkey: Pretty rare now, but does still happen every once in awhile
- Kill It with Fire: Preferred spell of choice
- Mouthy Kid
- Nervous Wreck: Really doesn't do well under pressure.
- Running Gag: His tendency to be buried in snow.
- The Apprentice: Has this sort of relation with Urd.
- There's No Kill Like Overkill: His response when he was buried in snow was to try and hack his way out.
- Luminescent Blush: When overhearing anyone refer to her and Laharl as a couple.
- Naïve Everygirl
- Nice Girl
- Berserk Button: Harming her son.
- Ironic Echo: "Demons have love too, mm?" was used by Larxene while she was torturing Laharl.
- Brought Down to Normal: A failed attempt at sealing backfired and turned him human. He's... not very happy about it.
- Everyone Can See It: Laharl is not fooling anyone where Flonne's involved.
- Kill It with Fire: Most notably with the snow.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Timon.
- Berserk Button: Messing with his science projects is one; others falling into danger because of him is another.
- Cannot Spit It Out
- Chemistry Can Do Anything
- Cool Down Hug: On the receiving end of one.
- For Science!: He even experiments on Yorda, albeit with her permission.
- It's All My Fault: Regarding Yorda' kidnapping, as arranged by Geoffrey. It's not a good thing, and it only gets worse when he believes Yorda to be dead.
- Mad Scientist
- Meet Cute: His meeting with Yorda consisted of a million questions on Yorda's part and Mao getting huffy over it. They end up living together.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Of course, he doesn't like it when turned back on him.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Spiderweb cookies.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Going by the way he acts, you'd have no idea he was the Wake-Up Call Boss for his game.
- Eccentric Mentor: Tries to be this to some people (and at least once with Roxas) but it never works.
- Large Ham
- Lethal Chef: According to Timon. He's still pretty bad, but whatever he makes is at least edible.
- Love at First Sight: Under the effects of a love potion from Urd, he fell in love with every female he saw. Hilarity ensued.
- My Greatest Failure: Starting to see his parenting of Laharl after Gwen's death as this.
- Narcissist: Not quite so much as when he's in full Mid-Boss Mode, but he definitely is one.
- Shipper on Deck: With Laharl and Flonne; when speaking about them with the Doctor, he begins envisioning their wedding.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gets called on it a lot whenever he holds back important secrets like not telling Gwen who he really was or when he was dying. Also when he spied on Laharl's private entries using Roxas's journal.
- Mama Bear: Towards the Doctor, oddly enough.
- The Everyman: How she sees herself.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With the Doctor.
The Doctor (tenth)
- Big "WHAT?!": Often.
- Cassandra Truth: Although he's usually right, his advice often goes ignored or forgotten, with various consequences.
- Cannot Spit It Out: With Rose.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Face Palm: Often due to his future self's shenanigans.
- Future Me Scares Me: Played for Laughs with the eleventh Doctor.
- Only Sane Man: Tends to take this role, oddly enough.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Takes his TARDIS and sets up residence outside of the city because he knows they're being watched in Paixao.
The Doctor (eleventh)
The one, the not-so-only. He tends to take a more direct hand than his younger self in Paixao's affairs, which often has him biting off more than he can chew. He came into Paixao fresh off his latest regeneration, and is still trying to figure himself out.
- Agent Scully: doesn't really believe in magic until he meets Kuja.
- Bad Ass Pacifist: Although he'll break that if his Berserk Button is pushed.
- Berserk Button:
- Don't ever mess with his True Companions or the TARDIS.
- Upon learning what the Organization has been doing to people, he immediately goes about building an army.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Felony Misdemeanor: He's the only one who seems to care when his newly-acquired fez is destroyed by the Master.
- The Gadfly: All in good fun, of course.
- Genre Savvy: Deconstructed. Upon realizing that Disney characters are real, he's promptly overcome by guilt for watching their lives as entertainment. It still doesn't stop him from using it to his advantage when he can, such as realizing Rinzler's true identity.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Gives this as the reason as to why he left Rose with 10.5.
- Large Ham
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Laharl/Flonne, much to Laharl's displeasure. Also ships his younger self with Rose, even if he knows how it will end.
- Team Dad
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Possibly why he and his tenth self don't share the same memories of Paixao.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal: To Sexy. It somewhat crosses over with Accidental Marriage.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: with Timon, at first. Then they discover their mutual love of sea-salt ice cream, show tunes, and fezzes.
- Break the Cutie: Between being unable to feel a connection to the time vortex and constantly being haunted by nightmares.
- Berserk Button: Kuja attacking people.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Generally easygoing and friendly, but when he gets angry...
- Cain and Abel: An odd case, where the Abel is actively trying to stop and save the Kain.
- Heroic BSoD: Mostly when it comes to Kuja or his experimentation at the hands of the Organization.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Megara. They eventually become a couple.
Oerba Yun Fang
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Jecht. They eventually become a couple.
A gentle and naive princess who finds herself in Paixao when she had previously expected to die. Being in Paixao has given her the chance to truly live for the first time in her life. As such, she is one of the few in the city who seems content to remain living there, and has accepted it as her home.
- Blessed with Suck: She's the only person thus far in Paixao to contain both light and darkness, and possesses a pure heart to boot. Naturally, this draws attention.
- Her power to open doors causes her intense physical pain when used, and can even kill her.
- Break the Cutie: God damn it, Ansem.
- The Cutie: Easily one of the most innocent members of the cast.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Leads to a case of Broken Heel when Ansem kidnaps her.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Horrible Judge of Character: Except when it comes to Geoffrey.
- Lethal Chef: not usually, but when it comes to her chili...
- Meet Cute: Had this with Mao.
- Morality Chain: When she's kidnapped, Mao starts to lose it.
- Morality Pet: To Mao. Somewhat subverted with the Master.
- No Social Skills: At first.
- Oblivious to Love: Urd has to spell it out for her.
- Power Glows: Inverted. She's much stronger in her "shadow" form.
- Power Incontinence: Happens whenever she opens a door.
- Purity Personified: It eventually becomes a plot point.
- Woman in White: Generally, unless she's dressing under Urd's influence.
Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless)
- Affably Evil: Of the polite variety.
- Irony: He decides Terra would make a good spare body after running into him the first time.
- Pet the Dog: Possibly literally; he admits to the Doctor that he likes puppies.
- Pragmatic Villainy
- Sadistic Choice: forces Yorda to decide between staying as his prisoner, or trying to escape - which means he'll go after Mao. She chooses to stay.
- Wistful Amnesia: Without the wistfulness. He recognizes Terra, but is unable to realize why.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Ventus and Hope Estheim.
- Evil Me Scares Me
- Future Me Scares Me
- Irony: The first two people he meets in Paixao are Hope and Light.
- Love at First Sight: With Lightning.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Deconstructed. It gets him run out of the Organization.
- The Mole: Played with. He decides to give those trapped in Paixao information after he's banished from the Organization.
- Revenge: After being run out of the Organization, he decides the best thing to do is take them down by revealing inside information... among other things.
- Enemy Mine: Is willing to work with everyone trapped in Paixao if it takes down Xemnas. Considering what's been revealed in 3D, he may now have an even BIGGER reason to bring down Xemnas.
A friendly Nightmaren who's found hir way into Paixao. S/he prefers to stay aloof most of the time, drifting above the city, but tends to swoop down for the occasional bout of heroics or a bit of fun.
- Berserk Button: harming friends is a good way to get NiGHTS very, very angry.
- Fragile Speedster
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: The ability to sense Ideya means s/he can tell Nobodies from normal people.
- Hidden Depths: despite mostly staying out of things, s/he outright states s/he doesn't mind dying for the others' sake.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The invisible flute.
- Reality Warper: Usually a minor example, but it gets taken up a notch when s/he's injected with pure darkness by the Organization.
- Troll: once threw a water balloon in Hades' face during a rescue mission, to say nothing of all the times s/he teased Captain Hook.
Luke fon Fabre
- Fantastic Racism: Wants the outsiders off his lawn!
- Hidden Depths: He really only wants to keep his city safe.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's not so bad when people actually take the time to speak with him.
- Red Shirt: Deconstructed with the Mayor. He is not happy with the amount of citizens who have died since the trouble started.