The characters in the 2008 film Outlander
- The Atoner: Kainan feels guilty for his not inconsiderable role in the Moorwen genocide.
- Guttural Growler: Due to being played by Jim Caviezel.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her first appearance, she's wearing this outfit.
- Ms. Fanservice: In her first scene, she's wearing a wonderfully skimpy outfit.
- Arch-Enemy: To Gunnar. Their hatred for each other is long-standing and very mutual.
- Hot-Blooded: Wulfric is an angry young man and reacts without thinking.
- In the Blood: Freya is worried that Wulfric will turn out to be 'a butcher and a tyrant' like his father was.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's violent, aggressive and at worst a warmonger, but he has genuinely noble traits that come to light.
- Arch-Enemy: To Wulfric.
- The Dreaded: Just about everyone is afraid of him, except for Wulfric, who is too blinded by vengeance to know any better.
- Big Bad: Of the entire film.
- It Can Think: As opposed to a mindless beast, the Moorwen is highly intelligent and it's even hinted that it's sentient.
- Prehensile Tail: One of its main weapons is a long, thin and powerful tail that's capable of lopping off heads.
- To Serve Man: The Moorwen munches on humans, in addition to anything else.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: The Moorwen might be an unstoppable killing machine, but it has a tragic origin. The Moorwens were an intelligent species living in their own ecosystem, when Kainan and his people brutally burned most of them alive and hunted the rest down before tossing them into a mass grave. As a result, the Moorwen is the last of its kind and considering that it shows not only intelligence but genuine emotion and sentience, it's very hard to blame it for wanting a little revenge.