All spoilers regarding the Super Rookies era are unmarked. Examples relating to the New World era can be spoiler-tagged if deemed necessary.
Straw Hat Pirates ("Straw Hat" Monkey D. Luffy, "Pirate Hunter" Roronoa Zoro, "Cat Burglar" Nami, "God" Usopp, "Black Leg" Vinsmoke Sanji, Straw Hat Grand Fleet) | World Government (Marines [Marine Admirals], Cipher Pol, Impel Down) | Seven Warlords of the Sea ("Heavenly Demon" Donquixote Doflamingo, Warlord Crews [Baroque Works, Thriller Bark Pirates, Kuja, Donquixote Pirates]) | Four Emperors (Charlotte Linlin "Big Mom", Red Hair Pirates, Whitebeard Pirates, Beasts Pirates, Big Mom Pirates [Three Sweet Commanders], Blackbeard Pirates) | Eleven Supernovas ("Surgeon of Death" Trafalgar Law, Supernovas Crews) | Revolutionary Army | Germa 66 | East Blue | Paradise (Water 7) | Sky People | Fish-Man Island | New World (Dressrosa, Mink Tribe, Wano Country) | Historical Figures and Flashback Characters | Others | Anime-Only Characters | Movie-Only Characters | Video-Game Only Characters
Water 7 is a large city in Paradise where reside One Piece world's best shipwrights, special mention goes to those working for the Galley-La Company, and Franky, the main crew's shipwright. Instead of roads, it has canals and the inhabitants use a kind of sea horse, called "Bull" to travel through the canals. This town is also famous for being the place where the sea train was invented.
Blue StationThe station where the sea train stops, it is handled by Kokoro and her grandaughter, Chimney.
Voiced by: Ako Mayama (JP), Juli Erickson (EN)
Age: 70 (Pre-Timeskip), 72 (Post-Timeskip)
Debut: Chapter 323 (Manga), Episode 229 (Anime)
A lighthouse worker on Water 7 perpetually drunk. She meets Straw Hats after they nearly get run over by the Sea Train. She later aids the bunch during their raid on Enies Lobby. It's revealed she was Tom's secretary thus she has ties with Franky and Iceburg, whom she cared for almost as a mother figure. She's also an Icefish mermaid, the first one the crew meet, much to their displeasure. Especially Sanji's.
- Action Survivor: Despite not having any supernatural power, she survives from the Buster Call, which destroys the entire island of Eneies Lobby, by invoking Innocent Bystander situation.Kokoro: Stop! Im just an old lady!
Chimney: And Im just a kid with a small animal!
Kokoro and Chimney: Were defenseless!
- The Alcoholic: She's almost never seen without a bottle of wine in her hands and often visits a bar where she's on good terms with the owner, Blueno (until the latter is revealed to be an agent of the World Government). She has a constant drunk expression because of this habit, which started years before when Tom was killed.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Her mermaid form is terribly Gonk. The real-life Icefish, the fish her mermaid form is based on, isn't so great-looking, either.
- Brain Bleach: When the thought of Kokoro comes back to haunt him upon meeting the much cuter mermaid Camie, Zoro literally erases the image of Kokoro from his mind and declares Camie as the first mermaid he ever met.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She may be perpetually drunk, but she's a really good Sea Train driver.
- Butter Face: When she was 48, she had a nice, curvy body but the same ugly face as she has at seventy years old. In her own youth, however, she was quite beautiful.
- Car Fu: She helps the Franky Family and the Galley-la foremen defeat the giant Oimo by crashing the Sea Train into him.
- Combat Commentator: Her role in Enies Lobby is to comment the others fighting, justified since she has no combat skills and cannot participate in the fights.
- Cool Old Lady: She's a rather lively old woman (outside, at least) who loves her granddaughter and drives the Sea Train around Enies Lobby and uses it to tackle and defeat a giant.
- Drives Like Crazy: Subverted, since as a conductor she knows how to drive a train, no matter how unlikely it seems to be. However, she does intentionally derail the train through Enies Lobby to help the Straw Hats-
- Drowning My Sorrows: In the flashback, she isn't seen drinking until after Tom's been taken to Impel Down and Franky is presumed dead. After many years, she's still constantly drinking.
- Fan Disservice: Her mermaid form is terribly ugly and fat, and she wears only a Seashell Bra! It's so ugly it make the Straw Hats pass out from the shock. When she put a lipstick mark on a letter addressed to Iceberg he immediately rips it up from repulsion doesn't help. Even Luffy is disgusted.
- Gonk: Which adds to the Fan Disservice. This caused everyone in the vicinity to pass out when they saw her mermaid form, which prevented them from swallowing too much water and actually saved their lives. The fact they call her a "dugong" before passing out is a reference to how dugongs were originally mistaken for mermaids.
- I Was Quite a Looker: An SBS reveals she was quite beautiful◊ when she was young, but now she's a very ugly old mermaid.
- Innocent Bystander: Invokes this along with her grand daughter to not being attacked by the Marines. Lampshaded immediately by Franky Family members to support her: "Could there be drunker hostage?"
- Lady Drunk: Kokoro is constantly drunk and with a dizzy smile. She started drinking ever since Tom died. She somehow manages to drink far more than her bottle could actually contain.
- Nice Hat: Wears a nice and large train conductor hat to show what her job is.
- Parental Substitute: Served as a mother figure to Iceburg and Cutty Flam/Franky just as Tom served as their father figure. She even talks about how her heart warms when she sees the two of them finally get along as they work together to build the Thousand Sunny.
- Seashell Bra: When she's revealed to be a mermaid, she's only wearing a pair of shells as a bra. Being very fat and ugly, it isn't a nice view.
- Signature Laugh: Her laugh is Nagagaga.
- Stepford Smiler: Always has a drunken smile on her face, but she still hasn't gotten over Tom's death.
- Terrible Artist: After greeting the Straw Hats to Water 7, she hands them a map of the island, but is so poorly drawn Nami can't interpret anything. Most likely because Kokoro was ridiculously drunk when she drew it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has green hair, which her granddaughter, Chimney, inherited.
Chimney and Gonbe
Chimney Voiced by: Chiwa Saito (JP), Lara Woodhull (EN, Funi)
Gonbe Voiced by: Akemi Okamura (JP), Michelle Rojas (EN, Funi)
Chimney's Age: 8 (Pre-Timeskip), 10 (Post-Timeskip)
Debut: Chapter 322 (Manga), Episode 229 (Anime)
Kokoro's hyperactive, adventure-loving grandaughter and her pet rabbit who thinks he's a cat. After the timeskip, she becomes a train conductor just her grandmother.
- All Animals Are Dogs: Played with. Gonbe is a rabbit, but for some bizarre reason he acts and sounds like a cat
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Gonbe is a rabbit with blue fur.
- Anime Hair: Chimney's long pigtails put Pippi Longstocking's to shame.
- The Ditz: Until she's specifically told so, Chimney could not figure out that her grandmother is a mermaid despite knowing that she has scales and a fish tail.
- Empathy Pet: Gonbe mimics all of Chimney's movements and meows in sync with her dialogue.
- Genki Girl: Chimney is very young and energetic.
- Made of Iron: They are in a train crash (actually more of train launched like a rocket into a building), and only get a nose bleed. It's especially impressive considering they are both very young and have zero combat experience, unlike the other passengers.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is Chimney and her grandmother is the conductor of the Sea Train. Becomes even more meaningful when Chimney herself becomes a train conductor during the time-skip.
- Nice Girl: Hyperactive nature aside, Chimney is a very sweet and helpful little girl.
- Nice Hat: After the time-skip she has become a train conductor and wears a large conductor hat, just like Kokoro.
- Perpetual Smiler: Both Chimney and Gonbe never stop smiling.
- Plucky Girl: Chimney is very energetic and curious, and her grin almost never leaves her face.
- Uneven Hybrid: Chimney is 1/4 mermaid due to Kokoro being a mermaid. She doesn't have any mermaid features, but she's a very good swimmer.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Chimney has green hair just like her grandmother, Kokoro.
The best company of shipwrights of the world and led by the famous and talented Iceburg. Galley-la Company is a huge organization divided into seven docks with their own workers, and they have contracts from pirates to the World Government, such is their skill at making and repairing ships.
Despite their profession, most of the shipwrights are also hardened fighters who can beat up clients who thinks they can boss Galley-la around, and some of its members allied with the Straw Hats and the Franky Family and fight the World Government and Marines to get even with Cipher Pol 9, who have infiltrated their ranks and worked against Iceburg for many years.
- Badass Crew: Part of the job requirement of being a Galley-La worker is also being a badass, especially since they might deal with pirates.
- BFG: Tilestone has a huge cannon with him.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: All of them. It's even official policy that Galley-La doesn't care about anything other than carpentering skill.
- Paulie runs up huge gambling debts and yells at women who are scantily clad.
- Lulu has a wild Idiot Hair that constantly torments him.
- TILESTONE ALWAYS YELLS UNCONTROLLABLY AND GETS CONKED IN THE FACE WHEN HE DOES IT IN A PLACE WHERE IT'S INAPPROPRIATE!!
- And both Lulu and Tilestone thought Michael and Hoichael from the backstreets were responsible for plotting to kill Iceburg- two adolescents who live at an orphanage from the backstreets and aren't actually evil, just known for minor misdemeanors. They were just such troublemakers in Water 7 that the shipwrights blamed the boys out of spite.
- Combat Pragmatist: Lulu's strategy consist in using his weird hair-spike to distract his enemies and catch them off guard.
- Comic-Book Fantasy Casting: Lulu bears a resemblance to Freddie Mercury.
- Dual Wielding: Lulu tend to fight with two weapons at once, being them handguns, saws or katanas.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Lulu has a spike of hair that can appear anywhere... including on his arm, from his moustache and from someone else's nose! Lulu's hairdo goes especially haywire when he's asleep, resulting in a crazy bedhead of multiple spikes.
- Improbable Weapon User: They often use saws, scalpels and wooden beams as weapons. Paulie fights with ropes and knots.
- Mr. Vice Guy: Paulie owes a lot of money to a lot of people.
- No Indoor Voice: TILESTONE. Dude shouts a lot of his lines. He even shouts in his head!
- Telephone Polearm: Tilestone can use his cannon as a large club.
Child Voice: Daisuke Kishio (JP), Austin Tindle (EN, Funi)
Adult Voice: Izou Oikawa (JP), Philip Weber (EN, Funi)
Age: 38 (Pre-Timeskip), 40 (Post-Timeskip)
Debut: Chapter 323 (Manga), Episode 230 (Anime)
The mayor of Water 7 and former student of Tom. He united the separate shipyards into the Galley-La company which he heads. He was given the blueprint to the ancient warship by Tom and later passes it to Franky to keep it from the WG. He becomes an ally to the Straw Hats and prep the Rocket Man and patches up Going Merry which is instrumental in the Straw Hats' escape from Enies Lobby. After the events of Enies Lobby, he helps building the Thousand Sunny and convinces Franky to leave with the Straw Hats.
He has recently acquired a new secretary to replace Kalifa, who is revealed a Cipher Pol agent. Her replacement is a precocious girl who is surprisingly very good at the job and beat out all the other applicants for the position.
- 100% Adoration Rating: The citizens of Water 7 absolutely adore him. When he's shot and almost killed, the entire city went into a furious panic and viciously called for the assassin's blood.
- The Apprentice: He and Franky were the shipwright apprentices to the late Tom.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Subverted. Despite most of Galley-La's shipwrights being strong fighters, Iceburg is just the best at making ships but has no combat ability.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He named his pet mouse Tyrannosaurus and abandons all his appointments on a whim. He's also possibly the best shipwright in the world. His dream is to turn Water 7 into a ship.
- The Chessmaster: Does a pretty good job against the World Government and CP9 at keeping the Pluton blueprints out of their hands (he was successful for a good 10 years or so) but he's outmatched by the ruthlessness of Lucci.
- Cool Old Guy: Though he's only 38 when he first appears, he does get called old by his employees and Luffy, and he's extraordinarily helpful in the Straw Hats quest to get Robin back, so he definitely qualifies.
- Godzilla Threshold: The only reason he doesn't just burn the Pluton blueprints is this. If someone who could read the poneglyphs were to find one of the ancient weapons, the only counter measure would be a new warship made from the blueprints by the Water 7 shipwrights.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: In his youth, especially compared to Franky and his hairstyle.
- Made of Iron: Survives being shot five times and the next night shot again and left in a burning building.
- Manchild: Part of his Obfuscating Stupidity is to act like this, when informed by his secretary he has to go to a long series of meetings he responded with "I don't wanna" and promptly stuck his finger in his nose. Of course, when there's nobody to trick, he's cool, calm and collected.
- The Nicknamer: He's the one who started calling Cutty Flam Franky.
- Non-Action Guy: Unlike the rest of the Galley-La company, fighting isn't really his thing.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He kept undercover government agents at bay for years thanks to this.
- Perma-Stubble: Even after the Time Skip he still keeps the stubble.
- Properly Paranoid: He hands the blueprints off to Franky because he thinks the WG is on to him. He's right.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Franky, though they were only foster siblings. Iceburg was the dutiful, respectful sibling while Franky was violent and disruptive.
- Verbal Tic: Starts many of his sentences with "Nmaa". Becomes "Welllll" in the English dub of the anime.
- Vetinari Job Security: The only reason why the Cipher Pol couldn't just break down his door. After Tom was arrested, he united the shipyards of Water-7 into a single corporation, the Galley-La, and became a provider to the World Government. As both a CEO and mayor of Water-7, he was just too important to kill off for the CP9.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Franky; "Look at us... we yell as soon as we look at each other. You jerk! I'm glad you're alive!"
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has blue hair.
Voiced by: Takahiro Yoshimizu (JP), David Wald (EN)
Age: 24 (Pre-Timeskip), 26 (Post-Timeskip)
Debut: Chapter 323 (Manga), Episode 230 (Anime)
One of the three Dock One foreman of Galley-La Company. He, along with the rest of Galley-La, allies himself with the Straw Hats on their invasion of Enies Lobby. He fights using ropes in a complex fashion called Rope Action.
After the Time Skip, he was promoted to vice president of the company.
- Badass Boast: Tells the Straw Hats to give the former Galley-La Workers / CP9 Members a message from him since he knows he won't be able to.Paulie: When you see those idiots again, give 'em a message from me: You're all fired!
- Berserk Button: Stripperific women will make him furious.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: He was able to push open one of the steel doors of Dock One with one hand. Did we mention these doors are the size of a 3 story building?
- Chick Magnet: After Enies Lobby and a promotion, he seems to have gotten an abundance of fangirls—chasing him around, hilariously, beside debt collectors.
- The Gambling Addict: He seems to get himself in a lot of debt.
- HeelFace Turn: He initially starts off okay, but begins to antagonize the crew once they are believed to have tried to assassinate Iceberg. It all changes when the truth is revealed and they go to Enies Lobby to get Robin and Franky back.
- Improbable Weapon User: You'd be surprised how useful ropes can be in a fight.
- Knows the Ropes: His specialty in combat is ordinary rope that he turns into bindings and nets.
- Mr. Vice Guy: Has a serious gambling problem, one that he's willing to finance with almost theft note . Curiously, he is incredibly straight-laced when it comes to sexuality, even finding Nami wearing a bikini at a swimming pool to be overtly promiscuous.
- The Nosebleed: Gets these at times when faced with "improperly" dressed women, no matter how much he protests.
- Number Two: He's effectively Iceberg's right hand man, being the one he entrusts with his fake blueprints trap for the CP9 and they don't find it odd Iceberg would pass the Pluton blueprints to him. It's made official with his promotion after the Time Skip.
- Red Herring: Because of his importance during the first part of the arc and his quirkiness, he appears to be the shipwright that would join the Straw Hats. Turns out it was Franky.
- Smoking Is Cool: Rarely seen without a cigar.
- Sour Prudes: He often berates women who dress provocatively. Although, considering his nosebleeds and stuttering, it's pretty clear that he actually enjoys it. He's more of a Tsundere.
- We Used to Be Friends: He was not happy to find out Lucci, Kaku, and Kalifa were Government agents that tried to assassinate Iceberg.
- Whip It Good: One of the main uses of his ropes is as whips.
A bunch of thugs from Water Seven led by Franky. They work as bounty hunters in order to keep pirates at bay and also dismantle ships. They first appear as enemies, where they steal the crew's money and lynch Usopp, but are soundly beaten to a pulp by the Straw Hats. When Franky is kidnapped by Cipher Pol 9, they allied with the Straw Hats to rescue Franky and Robin in Enies Lobby. The most notable members include Zanbei and the Square Sisters. They also have two huge King Bulls called Sodom and Gomorrah at their service.
After Franky leaves them to join the Straw Hats, the Franky Family has begun a new career as legitimate ship wreckers.
- Action Girl: The Square Sisters are quite good with their swords, and even play a key role in stopping a pair of giants.
- Adopt the Food: Sodom and Gomorrah had originally been found inside a Sea King that the Franky Family was eating. They saved them for later (since they were all full), but eventually came to view them as Team Pets.
- Anime Hair: The Square Sisters, so much that whenever there's a strong wind they have to walk sideways like crabs.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Sodom and Gomorrah are huge sea creatures that are comparable in size to actual giants.
- Bare Your Midriff: The Square Sisters. Of course, since one is wearing a top and the other a bikini.
- BFG: Zanbei wields a bazooka which doubles as a club for melee fight.
- Delinquent: Pretty much all of them, which is how Franky came into contact with them in the first place.
- Gentle Giant: Sodom and Gomorrah are giant, friendly horses.
- Giant Mook: The Mighty Destroyers, three huge humans armed that compose the elite force of the family.
- HeelFace Turn: They were at first forced to work with the Straw Hats and Galley-La Company to save their leader from the clutches of CP9. Then, when this is all over, they're all recruited by Iceburg so they can have proper jobs.
- Ms. Fanservice: Mozu and Kiwi, the Square Sisters, barely wear enough to cover their naughty parts, leaving everything else exposed.
- Mugging the Monster: They find out the hard way that stealing money from Usopp and leaving him beaten to a pulp in from of their base was not such a hot idea.
- The Worf Effect: The Mighty Destroyers are one-shotted by the true giants Oimo and Kashi.