All spoilers regarding the Super Rookies era are unmarked. Examples relating to the New World era can be spoiler-tagged if deemed necessary.
Straw Hat Pirates ("Straw Hat" Monkey D. Luffy, "Pirate Hunter" Roronoa Zoro, "Cat Burglar" Nami, "God" Usopp, "Black Leg" Vinsmoke Sanji, Straw Hat Grand Fleet) | World Government (Marines [Marine Admirals], Cipher Pol, Impel Down) | Seven Warlords of the Sea ("Heavenly Demon" Donquixote Doflamingo, Warlord Crews [Baroque Works, Thriller Bark Pirates, Kuja, Donquixote Pirates]) | Four Emperors (Charlotte Linlin "Big Mom", Red Hair Pirates, Whitebeard Pirates, Beasts Pirates, Big Mom Pirates [Three Sweet Commanders], Blackbeard Pirates) | Eleven Supernovas ("Surgeon of Death" Trafalgar Law, Supernovas Crews) | Revolutionary Army | Germa 66 | East Blue | Paradise (Water 7) | Sky People | Fish-Man Island | New World (Dressrosa, Mink Tribe, Wano Country) | Historical Figures and Flashback Characters | Others | Anime-Only Characters | Movie-Only Characters | Video-Game Only Characters
The New World
Voiced by: Ryusei Nakao (JP), Jerry Jewell (EN)
Birthday: April 9th
Bounty: 300,000,000 Berries
Debut: Chapter 658 (Manga), Episode 581 (Anime)
A former colleague of doctor Vegapunk, and an expert on mass-murder weapons. He is wanted by the government as he's the suspected culprit behind the explosion at Vegapunk's research facility in Punk Hazard turning it into a toxic wasteland, and has hid himself on Punk Hazard. He has eaten the Gas-Gas Fruit (Gasu Gasu no Mi) allowing him to transform into gas as well as manipulate all different types of gas.
He's somewhat of a major player in the underground market, taking payment for developing weapons and various other products for certain buyers. His latest dealings have put him in the service of not one, but two Emperors, as he was tasked by Kaido with developing artificial Devil Fruits (as a subordinate of Donquixote Doflamingo) and by Big Mom with creating a serum to transform humans into giants.
He has a bounty of 300,000,000 Berries.
- All Men Are Perverts: Turns out he didn't even really use Big Mom's funds for other projects- he blew through most of it on alcohol and groupies, which he recalls with a lewd expression on his face.
- Almost Out of Oxygen: His Gas Logia allows him to manipulate ALL types of gasses. So he can invoke this, and he in fact does invoke this. Often.
- Always Second Best:
- Vegapunk was this to him, so much so that he went as far as lying about the accident just to besmirch his name. The Marines didn't believe it, obviously.
- The Straw Hats actively invoke this to reassure the children, stating that as fearsome Caesar appears to be to them, Luffy's much more powerful. And it's true. By New World standards, the man's a weakling, and he knows it, which is why he relies on the reputations of his benefactors when faced with the unintimidated Luffy.
- Anime Hair: While his mane of hair isn't all that unusual normally, it sticks straight up after he becomes one of Capone's subordinates, as if he had touched an electrical wire. It's part of his "disguise".
- Arc Villain: The main antagonist of the Punk Hazard arc. Doflamingo may be the Man Behind the Man, but Caesar is the main threat.
- Arms Dealer: With him being at large, and his love of making Weapons Of Mass Destruction, it's only natural he'd become this to a Black Market who has much less compunctions about using them than the Marines.
- Asshole Victim: Spends most of the time after his own arc being kidnapped and bullied by Law, The Straw Hats, and Big Mom. He's still not a sympathetic character in the least.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: His specialty is creating deadly weapons. With his Gas-Gas Devil Fruit, he can transform himself into poisonous gas, itself another war weapon.
- Ax-Crazy: According to Smoker. It's not exaggerated, he's as nuts as they say.
- Bad Boss: He's more than willing to sacrifice his underlings if they get in the way. Not to mention use them for his experiments.
- Berserk Button: Saying his experiments failed, Vegapunk in general, and saying that he's dumb.
- BFG: Is seen toying with a very large pistol when Law talks about his weapons.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Sort of. He shares the Big Bad trope with Doflamingo, using the alias of "Joker", was revealed as the one covering Clown's activities from the Marines via Vergo. It seems Doflamingo is very interested in Clown's extremely deadly weapons of mass destruction as he sells them to the highest bidder.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Seems to be this towards his underlings. He saved them from the brink of death, after causing their near-fatal condition in the first place, using his technology (Law also helped, with his ability), but he's not above performing experiments on them.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Despite having the ability to asphyxiate, poison, or blow up his opponents, Caesar is very insistent on putting the Straw Hats and their allies in a cage so he can broadcast Shinokuni killing them to the underworld. Unsurprisingly, they escape.
- Breaking Speech: He states that no one will come to help on the island, and asks if Luffy had to guts to take on the guys protecting him: Doflamingo and one of the Four Emperors. He clearly has been living under a rock all these years because Luffy has made it clear that he'd be willing to take on the entire WORLD if it came to that. As such, Luffy hits him with a regular haki-infused punch and claims that he's been taking on guys like that for a while now.
- Breath Weapon: He can shoot a beam of ignited gas from his mouth that looks a lot like Kizaru's lasers.
- Butt-Monkey: Since his capture, both the Straw Hats and their allies frequently treat him like a tool, using his disembodied heart as blackmail for any of their demands. It almost makes you forget that he was an Arc Villain.
- Choke Holds: His fruit allows him to do a variation of this, by manipulating oxygen around him to deprive everyone around him of them.
- Combat Pragmatist: His gas-gas fruit allows him to control all forms of gas, allowing him to produce many kinds of poisons, flammable gasses, or knockout gas. And if those fail, he can control the air itself to create a localized vacuum around his opponent to asphyxiate them.
- Consummate Liar: While the readers know he's a Bad Liar due to his crocodile tears and hammy acting, he managed to fool a good number of his subordinates as well as the kids he was experimenting on like this. Even when Brownbeard found out the truth and tried to warn his men working under him, Caesar managed to turn this on him in an instant, claiming Brownbeard was responsible for the gas attack that changed the island, despite the fact his men know he was nowhere near the island by that point.
- Cool Sword: He has a Bunsen Burner Sword. Well, okay, it's technically just a bunsen burner built into a sword hilt, but he has a blue flaming sword he can control with his gas logia.
- Deadly Gas: The Devil Fruit allows him to produce ANY type of horrible gas-related poisons to use against his enemies. Too bad for him, Luffy is immune to practically his entire arsenal. But too bad for Luffy, he still needs to breathe.
- Deal with the Devil: Trafalgar Law made one with him: to be sure that they wouldn't stab each other in the back, Law received Monet's heart, while Clown gets to keep Law's heart and share it with Vergo. It now turns out that Law returned Monet's heart back to Caesar Clown, but Clown thought he was getting Smoker's heart. Long story short, it didn't end well for Monet.
- Did Not See That Coming: He was completely blindsided by the fact that Big Mom - or more specifically, her eldest son, Perospero - made an exact replica of his laboratory on Punk Hazard.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: He ripped off Big Mom for crying out loud.
- Easily Forgiven: Subverted. Nami (and presumably the other Star Hats) still hold his actions on Punk Hazard against him.
- Enemy Mine: Sort of gets forced into it by Capone Bege, who threatens Caesar with the harm of his disembodied heart to get him to join his alliance with the Straw Hats against Big Mom. Either way though, Caesar happens to have his own grudge with Big Mom anyway.
- Evil Counterpart: Implied to be one for Vegapunk, as he was willing to cross lines in the scientific field that even Vegapunk wouldn't dare cross.
- Evil Gloating: Practically every word coming out of his mouth. He's just that kinda guy.
- Evil Laugh: His Signature Laugh, "Shurororororo!"
- Fantastic Drug: He feeds the children he keeps captive in Punk Hazard an addicting stimulant to ensure that they would never want to leave the island, and knows the drug is deadly at this stage so they will die soon from it. Children.
- Faux Affably Evil: He pretends to be nice every opportunity he gets, especially to his men and to Big Mom, but he's a Jerkass of the highest order who couldn't care less about anyone other than himself.
- Feigning Intelligence: When facing Big Mom herself, he claims the Straw Hats ruined his researching the giant-making drug she wanted (minus the horribly shortened life-span) and he was almost done. He mentally rants afterwards that not even the greatest genius in the whole world could produce what Big Mom wanted. The fact that he played up his capability to do it makes it this trope.
- Flaming Sword: His Blue Sword, which looks kinda like a lightsaber.
- Foil: His depraved and cruel nature provides a remarkable contrast to many of the Straw Hats. He's an amoral doctor who mirrors Chopper's benevolent doctor as well as a seemingly kind caretaker to the children who matches up with Nami. Finally his cowardly, Bad Boss nature is brought up against Luffy's fearless and reckless but caring nature.
- Gas Leak Cover-Up: His Gas logia fruit allows him to use this as a convienient method to keep Marines and Pirates away from the entire island his laboratory is on. It helps that he nuked the island 'accidentally' so to ensure that nobody would bother to look for him there, because who'd live on a lifeless, poisoned island? Bites him in the butt when he releases more gas to keep Smoker away, making the island appear deadly, but Smoker points out how after so many years there should be far less gas in the air.
- Hookers and Blow: It's revealed that he actually didn't spend Big Mom's money on making that giantification formula she wanted. He used it to buy groupies and alcohol so he can get himself wasted.
- Horned Humanoid: Apparently has/wears horns on his head.
- Humiliation Conga: From "Punk Hazard" onward, he's been reduced to a Butt-Monkey and endured countless humiliations and indignities. You can't say he didn't deserve every bit of it though.
- I Meant to Do That: "Failure" is a word he's not familiar with, claiming what he does is according to plan.
- I'm Standing Right Here: In the Totto Land arc, Carrot asks Nami and Chopper if Caesar's really as bad as everyone says he is. They respond that he's "the worst". Caesar, who has been listening to the exchange, can only cry and shake his fist pathetically.
- Incendiary Exponent: Being made of gas, all he needs is a match to set himself ablaze. Unfortunately, for people who try to use that against him as fire still needs oxygen, a gas which he can remove at will.
- Intangibility: Being a Logia Devil Fruit user, he can only be struck if hit with a Haki-imbued attack. While he'd be quite invincible in the first half of the Grand Line or the other four blues, unfortunately for him, Armament Haki is quite common in the New World and he largely requires protection from his stronger connections to survive.
- It's All About Me: Absolutely obsessed with proving he's the better scientist to Vegapunk, stepping into territory no scientist with a rightful mind would go into.
- It's Personal: Luffy fights with him three times throughout his debut arc, but it's the third fight learning just how depraved Caesar was that truly drove Luffy to kick his ass.
- Jerkass: He's a Mad Scientist who especially loves weapons of mass murder, he caused the incident that made Punk Hazard into a wasteland, he kidnapped and performed experiments on children, he drugged those same children to prevent them from wanting to escape, he acts like a nice guy to his underlings only to perform more experiments on them later. What a pleasant guy. He even had all this planned right from the start when he was working under Vegapunk. When he was told that he was kicked off the staff for his actions, his response WAS to blow up the island.
- Karma Houdini: Subverted. Initially, despite the major ass-kicking he got from Luffy, Admiral Issho's men pointed out that he's Doflamingo's subordinate, pardoning him for all of his crimes. However, after Doflamingo was ousted and defeated by the Straw Hats and then arrested by the Marines, Caesar immunity went down the crapper, with him becoming a Butt-Monkey ever since he was captured by the Straw Hats. In the Whole Cake Island arc in particular, he gets imprisoned by Big Mom of all people, and forced to create the gigantification drug he kept promising her within two weeks, lest he gets turned into candy and eaten by her eldest son, Perospero. He at least escaped that predicament - into being rallied by Bege into helping him in his Big Mom assassination plan.
- Kick the Dog: Does this so often it's hard to even list how many separate times he's done this. The most prominent example of this is how he kidnapped a bunch of children from their families and deceived them into becoming his test subjects under the pretense they were sick, kept them doped up on drugs disguised as candy, and significantly shortened their lifespan trying to perfect the giantification formula he promised Big Mom.
- Kill Em All: Attempted to do this to everyone on the island outside his laboratory for the "grand experiment" of his latest Weapon of Mass Destruction.
- Lack of Empathy: The only thing he seems to feel something for is his personal weapon of mass destruction Smiley, who he treats like a sort of pet. But even then, he didn't think twice about "killing" Smiley by changing it back into a gas.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After performing horrible experiments under the protection of an Emperor (Kaidou) it seems fitting he might end up being completely screwed over by another (Big Mama) thanks to her anger at him swindling money from her.
- Living Macguffin: After his capture, he becomes little more than a bargaining piece between Law and Joker. Nami even lampshades his status as one of the three "cards" in play between the Straw Hats and Doflamingo.
- Made of Iron: Despite not being much of a fighter, he nonetheless surprisingly tanks several Haki-enhanced punches from the new-and-improved Luffy without losing consciousness.
- Mad Scientist: To be precise he's a Mad Scientist whose primary field of expertise is WMDs. Nice combination, isn't it?
- The Man Behind the Man: Works for a pirate codename "Joker" aka Donquixote Doflamingo of the Seven Warlords and Donflamingo's main subordinate Vice-Admiral Vergo, co-leader in G5, who covered up the kidnappings.
- Monster Clown: And unlike with Buggy, that is not make-up. Somewhat Subverted in the manga though, where he actually has a natural skin tone (albeit while still having purple lips).
- Moral Myopia: After experimenting on oblivious children and openly considering his subordinates as guinea pigs, he still has the gall to complain about the Straw Hats using him.
- Never My Fault: He places all the blame for his "failure" in making a gigantification serum for Big Mom, from whom he was extorting funds, on the fact that Luffy, Law, and Smoker completely wrecked his operation on Punk Hazard. This ploy might have saved him had he not also claimed that he was close to success.
- In the "Zou Arc", upon learning that Jack used one of his gas weapons to devastate the Minks, Sanji's group get enraged with him, but he defends that he wasn't the one who used it on the Minks. It still didn't change the fact that Caesar made those gas weapons in the first place.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: He stabs what he thinks is Smoker's heart. Actually, it's his subordinate, Monet's, who was about to kill everyone on the island. If he hadn't done that, he would be the only survivor, with the Straw Hats, the Marines and Law dead for sure. It would have been beneficial not just for him, but also for his partner Doflamingo, who would later be defeated by said Straw Hats, Marines, and Law in the following Dressrosa arc because Caesar's blunder let them all survive. Whoops.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: His second fight with Luffy put him on the receiving end of one of these. Not that he didn't earn it.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Caesar Clown's face bears a slight resemblance to Cesar Romero's portrayal of The Joker.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Compared to the usually wacky designs of One Piece, his concept is absolutely devilish. Some fans even think he looks kind of like a Naruto character.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: He may not be a Badass Bookworm material, but underestimating his Gas Gas powers is a quick way to losing against him. It covers all kinds of gas, which includes poison gas and oxygen. He even manages to knock Luffy in their first encounter with it.
- Obviously Evil: Except to his minions.
- One-Winged Angel: After absorbing Shinokuni, becoming a literal gas giant that corrodes and petrifies anything he touches. Of course, Luffy being Luffy, all this ultimately accomplished for Caesar was making himself a bigger target.
- Oh, Crap!: Quite a few moments:
- Not as glaring or epic as Eneru's moment was, but he does seems shocked when Luffy grabs him in chapter 670. Much more pronounced in 671 after Luffy escapes from his giant explosive trap, and more so during his second battle with Luffy in chapter 681.
- In Chapter 691, he has this crossed with This Is Gonna Suck as he's about to be hit by two of Luffy's Gigant Pistols, even more so because he's a Logia, who normally isn't affected by this.
- The anime expands on this as he clashes with Luffy in a bit of Test of Strength between his gas powers and Luffy's Haki. He thinks for sure he's going to win when the petrification effects start forming on Luffy's hands. But Luffy powers through it and his attack starts pushing back against Caesar's. When Caesar realizes this he starts panicking and tries to bargain with Luffy to save his skin.
- But words cannot express the fear on his face when he sees the ship of Big Mom. Apparently, some time ago he swindled funds from Big Mom for research, and since he's currently in the custody of the Straw Hats, he's out of Kaido's protection through his relationship with Doflamingo, meaning that he's screwed.
- In Chapter 834, when he is brought before Big Mom, rather than admit that he spent the funds she gave him on booze and girls for himself, he tells her that his Gigantification process was a success, but that the Straw Hats and Law's intervention on Punk Hazard destroyed his progress, and he cannot replicate it without his equipment. Big Mom is not too worried; as her dream is to have her family be able to grow as large as her so she can look at them at eye level, she had a perfect replica of his lab made on Whole Cake Island, so that he can reproduce his work in two weeks. His reaction is priceless.
- He undergoes two more moments in Chapter 858 - when Luffy recognizes him despite his (extremely shoddy) "Gastino" disguise, and in a flashback when Bege approached him in his lab, making him assume Bege was one of Big Mom's lackeys (which technically he was).
- He then gets this again in Ch. 868: He was carrying the big mirror that he would use as our protagonist group's escape plan (with Brulee's "help") after their poisoned rockets failed to harm Big Mom, when her scream causes it to shatter, making quick escape impossible. He, as well as the rest of the group, know that they're now in very deep shit.
- Paper-Thin Disguise:
- Is given a really bad disguise during the Dressrosa arc to go unnoticed. He's still wearing his GAS GAS jacket and his disguise is a false mustache, a hat, and some sunglases. Because he's (mostly) unknown to the general public (save for his "Wanted!" Poster that is only seen once in Punk Hazard), it works flawlessly. Except on Pekoms.
- His attempts to pass himself off as "Gangster Gastino" count, too. While he has a completely different outfit and hairdo, his gloves still say "CC" on them and the others easily recognize his laugh. Lampshaded with his Boss Subtitle reading "Gangster Gastino - Caesar Clown". Luffy at first recognizes him, but when he insists he's "Gangster Gastino", Luffy apologizes; Nami has to remind him.
- Personality Powers: He ate the Gas-Gas Devil Fruit, giving him the ability to turn into many kinds of gases, including poison gas. He's a very immoral scientist who relies on deception (he tricked innocent children into becoming his experiments by convincing them they were sick and giving them doped candy that shortened their lifespans considerably), and is a Dirty Coward who has a Small Name, Big Ego and turns tail the moment things goes sour for him. He's also full of hot air, which the Straw Hats actually exploits once to make him into an air balloon.
- Poisonous Person: His Devil Fruit ability allows him to control poison gas and turn himself into said gas. It goes both ways, because he's a massive Bitch in Sheep's Clothing who manipulated the children's trust so he can perform experiments on them and make them eat what are toxic drugs disguised as candy that shortened their lifespan by a number of years. And the children themselves didn't even know this.
- Power Makes Your Voice Deep: In the anime, his voice is briefly distorted upon absorbing Shinokuni.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Brownbeard on his failure on being a captain.
- Restraining Bolt: Following his capture, Law uses his Devil Fruit powers to remove Caesar's heart in order to keep him under control.
- Running Gag: Caesar just cannot seem to get his hands back on his own heart, and pretty much everybody and their mother has been passing it around to each other and forcing him to do their bidding (including the heroes, ladies and gentlemen).
- Self-Immolation: Since he's a gas logia, he can actually set himself on fire as a form of self-defense and be perfectly fine. It's how he attempts to avoid being kidnapped by Luffy. Again.
- Shonen Hair: Sports a stupidly spiky hairdo while "disguised" as "Gangster Gastino". Behold!◊
- Small Name, Big Ego:
- He's got a lot of big names backing up his ego. He himself can be considered this in the New World because he relies entirely on his Logia powers, while others (Smoker, Crocodile, Eneru, The Admirals, etc) use other forms of combat (weapons, martial arts, Haki) to fight if the situation calls for it. Though, as Caesar used to be a World Government scientist, he's probably not the guy you'd expect to be good in a fight, Logia Devil Fruit or not. Hence why he relies on the fame of his benefactors to back him up.
- Apparently, he also swindled funds from Big Mom. The fact that he did it at all indicates this, simply because by New World standards, he's a weakling, and he knows it, but he did it anyway.
- Smug Snake: The second Logia after Caribou to be this, and being an aversion to the previous users who have either all been badass or Smug Supers, he relies heavily on his Logia powers and breaks down when they don't work.
- The Sociopath: Everyone is just a means to an end to Clown.
- Sorting Algorithm of Evil: Yeah, he's definitely stronger than Hody Jones and could have been a truly major threat pre-timeskip, but along with Caribou, he largely exists to prove that the New World doesn't give a good fuck if you have a Logia or not and that assuming that a Logia makes you invincible (even if you are actually pretty good at using it) is a surefire way to get wrecked the minute that you run into a Haki user.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Caesar Clown or Caesar Crown?
- Stupid Evil: He stole funds from Big Mom, of all people. Apparently, since he figured with Doflamingo backing him, he'd have quite some immunity because 1) Doffy himself is backed by Kaido, meaning that if she does something wrong to him, she would have to face Doffy (who is a major Underworld figure and a former World Noble, which means he has some considerable control power) and Kaido, a fellow Emperor, 2) he promised her with a giantification potion for her dreams, and she would pay a lot for it. However when Luffy managed to beat Doflamingo and he was stripped of his title, that immunity went out the window.
- Squishy Wizard: Can cause some pretty big explosions with his Devil Fruit and can also remove the oxygen from the air. However, he's otherwise defenseless in close quarters combat against a proficient Haki user, as shown when Luffy just pummels him brutally throughout the Punk Hazard arc whenever he gets close.
- Starter Villain: Along with Hody Jones and the Pacifista, he rounds out the trio of challenges at the beginning of the Timeskip that show how Luffy has overcome his former limits; he couldn't beat a Pacifista by himself, he probably would have struggled quite a bit against a bruiser like Hody (a la Rob Lucci), and he would've been incapable of beating Caesar Clown, who's a Logia user. After beating all three of them, notice how his next challenge (Donquixote Doflamingo) was significantly more difficult.
- Stuff Blowing Up: His standby solution for problems he can't solve with the "use gas logia to removed oxygen from the air so they fall unconscious" method.
- Superpower Lottery: His ability to create and manipulate any types of gas, including gases of his own invention and surrounding air, in addition to the standard Logia defenses, makes him one of the biggest winners in the world. Thankfully, Caesar himself is too weak to make the full use of his amazing powers.
- Super Smoke: He has yet to make an appearance in a completely solid form, preferring so far to be at least partly gaseous thanks to his Logia-type Devil Fruit.
- Taking You with Me: After being beaten by Luffy, as he is unable to move, that he decides that he is likely going to die; he at least is going to take down Smoker with him, having his heart in his position, while the latter is completely unaware. ... Or so he thinks, at least. Law had swapped Smoker's heart with Monet's, meaning he actually has her heart. So after he stabs it, it's not Smoker who dies.
- Tears of Fear: At the end of chapter 691, when Luffy is about to attack him with a Gear Third bazooka attack.
- There's No Kill Like Overkill: What got him into trouble with the Marines. He had been hired to make weapons for them to use on pirates, but all of Caesar's weapons would hurt innocent bystanders too much to ever be used. He did mention that Akainu displayed interest; it's too bad he was too much of a dick to make anything out of it though.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: See Running Gag above. After having his heart handed over to different parties to make him comply, he finally got his heart back after he helped Straw Hat and Bege to escape after wrecking Big Mom's tea party.
- Token Evil Teammate: He becomes one for the Straw Hats under Sanji in the Zou arc's flashback. He's pretty much coerced by Sanji threatening his severed heart.
- Villainous Breakdown: He remains pretty confident up until his third re-match with Luffy. Then he goes into a Motive Rant in the hope Luffy would be scared off. Nope, Luffy just decks him harder. After Law slashes the lab building in half. He pretty much starts to lose it, raving at his own men and calling them guinea pigs.
- Visual Pun: A boastful Smug Snake who can turn himself into multiple kinds of gas and believes his connections and power makes him untouchable. He's full of hot air. (And he can be made into an hot air balloon.)
- We Have Reserves: He doesn't give a crap how many of his henchmen die, since he can easily replace them. Hell, he'll even gladly sacrifice them for his experiments. Momonosuke even overheard him gloating about the fact that the children he experimented on will not survive five years. What an asshole.
- Weak, but Skilled: Especially compared to most Logia. His gas manipulation is very dangerous and he uses it very well, to the point where he beats Luffy in their first showdown. Cunning and power aside however, he has no fighting prowess outside of his Devil Fruit and heavily relies on his Logia nature for defense, which amounts to very little in the New World which is quite literally swimming with Haki users.
- Weapon of Mass Destruction:
- This is his field of research expertise, next to Gas-based projects. His rivalry with Vegapunk led him to engineer an 'accident' where one of these blew up 2/3s of the research facility so Vegapunk would publicly take the fall. It sort of turned out badly for Caesar too, because the incident made him a wanted man, due to Gas-based weapons being A: Illegal and B: Caesar's speciality, not Vegapunk's, so the marines saw through it.
- In Chapter 668 is revealed that said Weapon of Mass Destruction is a gargantuan, poisonous Blob Monster called Smiley.
- But wait! it gets EVEN BETTER! The Slime actually has a name, Smiley, and it has also somehow managed to eat a Devil fruit (Zoan-Type, Sara-Sara Fruit - Model: Axolotl). And then he gets it to eat a giant candy that kills it, transferring its devil fruit to a random fruit nearby and turning it into a deadly gas cloud.
- His magnum opus is his latest creation, the Shinokuni (Land of Death), a purple gas that kills within seconds of contact, turning its victims into calcified statues.
- The Worf Effect: Remember how pre-Time Skip Luffy was screwed against any Logia user without a Weaksauce Weakness? Not anymore.
- Would Hurt a Child:
- Uses children to work on a giantification formula (which explains several of the children's huge sizes) knowing the drug will kill them all in five years or so. And when this group of kids dies, he would just go on and kidnap another set to continue his work.
- During the Straw Hats' alliance meeting with the Firetank Pirates, Caesar threatens to hurt Capone Bege's infant son, Pez, if he didn't uphold his end of the bargain of letting him escape in exchange for helping take down Big Mom. It's when Bege, as well as his wife, Chiffon, looked significantly angry.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is a very dark shade of purple, almost appearing to be black at times.
- You Have Failed Me: Had this done to Brownbeard after he allowed himself to be captured by the Straw Hats, even though he was incredibly loyal to him. And the elite assassins he sent to kill him? He also showed no remorse after finding out they failed.
- Your Days Are Numbered: He's got two weeks to figure out how to make a gigantification serum for Big Mom that won't have any nasty side effects. Of note, he did manage to make such a serum, but it reduced the lives of the children he experimented on to five years, tops. Those children are now under the care of Vegapunk to try and undo it. What's more, Caesar mentioned to Big Mom that he was nearly close to completing the thing, leading to the two weeks ultimatum and putting himself in very deep shit.
Voiced by: Naoko Matsui (JP)
Birthday: August 27th
Debut: Chapter 657 (Manga), Episode 581 (Anime)
A harpy and personal assistant to Caesar Clown. She has eaten the Snow-Snow Fruit (Yuki Yuki no Mi) that allows her to control and turn into snow.
- Adorkable: A Downplayed example but it's still there, as when she was complemented on her beauty she bashfully blushed and tried to cover herself with her wings suggesting she is rather shy to compliments.
- Barrier Warrior: She can create snow barriers powerful enough that it takes a Haki-imbued Gear Second Luffy to break through it.
- Cute and Psycho: Judging from her facial expressions during her battles with the Straw Hats, she seems to enjoy fighting a little too much.
- Cute Monster Girl: She's a harpy, but she's a pretty cute and beautiful young woman. Lampshaded by the Marines, who note that she's cute despite being a harpy (which made her blush).
- Cooldown Hug: A literal, weaponized example; the sheer cold she exudes allows her to make opponents exhausted and fall asleep by hugging them.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Implied by an SBS, which reveals that Doflamingo saved her and her sister Sugar from "a terrible environment".
- Designated Girl Fight: Not completely intentional, Zoro was more or less just messing with her in their battle until Tashigi came along and chastised him for letting Monet's gender keeping him from beating her quickly. So Zoro pretty much tells her "You think this is easy, then be my guest" and let Monet and Tashigi duke it out. Once Monet indeed proves more than Tashigi can handle, Zoro does come back into the fray, satisfied that his point was made. He then proceeds to defeat Monet with a single strike.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When Caesar planned to kill all the G-5 marines, Monet immediately asked about Vergo, showing that she cares more about her allies than Caesar.
- Feather Fingers: Despite replacing her arms with wings, she has no problem reading newspapers or writing. However, she uses her talons to wield her ice picks in battle.
- Half The Woman She Used To Be: Courtesy of Zoro. His one and only real attack on her came out so fast that she couldn't have possibly hoped to react, and cut her straight in half lengthwise; if he'd used Haki, she would have been dead instantly. Even without it, she's left so terrified that she dissolves into a shapeless pile of snow, too freaked out to reform her body for a short time.
- Harping on About Harpies: Monet is described as a Harpy, and fits the description pretty well.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Monet seems to be this for Caesar. Unlike her 'boss', she sees the Straw Hats as the threat they are and deals with them properly; she saves Caesar from Luffy right when he was defenseless and fights against multiple enemies all by herself. Her final act was attempting to blow herself up along with the island, leaving Caesar as the only survivor, but then the scientist accidentally kills her on the pretense she was Smoker, thus provoking his own defeat.
- An Ice Person: Her Devil Fruit gives her power over snow.
- Improbable Weapon User: She uses a pair of giant ice picks like swords.
- Killed Off for Real: Caesar stabs her heart, thinking that it's Smoker's. She's notably the first female character to die outside of flashbacks.
- Lecherous Licking: Constantly licks her lips in a rather suggestive manner.
- Meaningful Name: She's named after a famous French painter who, among other pieces, was known for some wonderful paintings of winter scenes.
- The Mole: She's actually working undercover for Donquixote Doflamingo, and was working under Caesar Clown's command as a double agent; though Caesar is also technically under Doflamingo, she was sent to monitor his actions anyway since Doflamingo figured he can't really be trusted. Even before this, she was a mole as one of King Riku's servants, and allowed Doflamingo's crew to enter the kingdom.
- Oh, Crap!: During her fight with Tashigi, she got extremely cocky and assumed that Zoro wouldn't fight her because she's a girl. Zoro promptly rejoined the fight, and Monet realized from the look of his eyes that he really Would Hit a Girl. She was so utterly consumed by her terror of him that after Zoro nearly cut her completely in half, her fear prevented her from putting herself back together.
- One-Winged Angel: Her "Eternal Snow" technique transforms her into a huge and scary snow monster.'
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Sometimes when she's reading.
- Rapunzel Hair: Has some nice long hair.
- Razor Wings: Her "Snow Sword" where she freezes the feathers on her wings and uses them like... well, swords.
- Sexy Secretary: A sexy harpy assistant for Caesar Clown.
- She's Got Legs: Even with... talons.
- Shrinking Violet: A rare villainous example, when she's complimented she looks rather bashful. Lampshaded by Zoro.
- The Smart Girl: She is a very intelligent, quick-witted fighter.
- Snowed-In: She uses it as a method to seal off exits.
- Snow Means Cold: One of the ways she can kill her opponent is by hugging them, thus letting the cold of her snow kill her victims with hypothermia.
- Snow Means Death: Considering it's her devil fruit power and all. She can even kill her foes by hugging them because of the extreme cold she radiates.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Monet or Mone?
- Statuesque Stunner: A result of having bird legs.
- Taking You with Me: She attempts to do that after Caesar's defeat, by nuking the island with another weapon that was left in the third laboratory, of the same kind that turned Punk Hazard into a wasteland four years ago. She does it on Doflamingo's orders, but surprisingly enough, willingly. Unfortunately for her, she's killed before she can actually go through with it. This seems to piss Doflamingo off enough for him to go to Punk Hazard personally.
- The Tease: Briefly talks about going on a date with Law when he returns to the lab.
- Undeathly Pallor: Indeed is very pale looking, which adds to her creepiness. Though that might be attributed to her snow powers.
- Underestimating Badassery: Attempted to be subverted. As stated above, she read about the Straw Hats' exploits and took care not to underestimate their strength, advising Ceaser to do the same. But as she fought against them (first Luffy, Robin, Nami, Chopper and Zoro in that order) she started disregarding her own advice. This really hit its peak when she went up against Zoro, assuming from his attacks he Wouldn't Hit a Girl, and Tashigi coming along seemingly clarifying it made her much more cocky... until Tashigi was about to lose. Zoro rejoined the battle not because of Tashigi's claim (though he did admit there are some things he doesn't like to cut) but just to prove a point that, yes, he WILL cut a female if he has to. Zoro's cut wasn't haki empowered, so it didn't kill her, but his sheer bloodthristy aura terrified her so that she couldn't reassemble herself, allowing Tashigi to finish her off. One can only imagine how fast that battle would've been if Zoro didn't hold back from the start.
- Undying Loyalty: To Doflamingo, as she is willing to kill herself for him. Ever since he saved her and Sugar from "a terrible environment", they decided to give up their lives for the Family.
- Winged Humanoid: Monet has wings in lieu of hands, and talons rather than legs. In a flashback in chapter 666 she's shown without avian features, so she presumably became a Mix-and-Match Critter thanks to Law.
- Weak, but Skilled: By her own admission, she didn't think that she could handle Luffy or Zoro in a straight-up fight (snow also isn't exactly a powerhouse element compared to some other Logias), but she is able to nearly kill the former by freezing his body with a literal Cooldown Hug, noting beforehand that the stronger fighter and the winner are two different things. She only battles the latter under the misconception that he Wouldn't Hit a Girl, and is quickly overpowered when he proves her wrong.
- Would Hurt a Child: Shows no empathy in letting Caesar do experiments on children if it means furthering Doflamingo's goals. She likewise was all too willing to block off Mocha's escape route to allow the kids to try and catch her so they could eat the poisonous candy.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: She picked up on the argument Tashigi and Zoro were having, with the former accusing Zoro of being some sort of chauvinist who doesn't treat women as capable fighters (the accusation had more to do with Tashigi's insecurities that any sexism on Zoro's part), so Monet assumed Zoro wouldn't attack her as she went after Tashigi. This turned out to be very wrong. However, she does get points to paying attention to the interactions of her opponents, and taking advantage of them.
- You Have Failed Me: According to her, Joker has made it very clear to her that, should anything happen to Caesar, He will have her killed. As such, she makes sure to get in Luffy's way when it looks like he might succeed in beating the snot out of him. However, when she was eventually defeated, Doflamingo was surprisingly forgiving, and he gave a grudgingly final order to blow up the Punk Hazard base.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is light green.
Rock voiced by: Hiroyuki Kinoshita
Scotch voiced by: Shunsuke Sakuya
Birthday: December 11th
Debut: Chapter 665 (Manga), Episode 591 (Anime)
A pair of giant-sized brothers who work as assassins for Caesar Clown.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: They're about as large as actual giants.
- Axe-Crazy: They appear to like killing "VERY" much.
- BFG: They each carry giant rifles betting their size.
- Cool Hat: The brothers wear frozen bowler hats.
- Elite Mooks: The Yeti Cool Brothers seem to be this, as they're unleashed on the Straw Hats almost immediately. They were shown to have defeated Zoro, Sanji (in Nami's body) and Brook, only for them to later be revealed as alive. Later though they're defeated by Luffy, Franky and Law.
- The Faceless: It's actually impossible to see what the Yeti Cool Brothers' faces look like. Judging from their silhouettes, Rock seems pretty much human-like while Scotch wears a gas mask. Their faces were later revealed in a databook; Rock notably looks like a moai.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: How Scotch is beaten by Law.
- Lightning Bruiser: They appear to be faster than LUFFY, and defeated most of the crew without effort. Though this was revealed to be using gas that can induced drunkeness and they only won because they caught most of the crew off guard.
- Poisoned Weapons: You thought that a giant assassin with a giant cannon-like rifle was enough? Well, their bullets are poisoned too. Talk about overkill...
- Punny Name: Rock and Scotch, probably a pun on "Scotch on the Rocks".
- Shrouded in Myth: Subverted for laughs: Brownbeard claims very little is known about the Yeti Cool Brothers, before revealing a lot about them.
- Verbal Tic: Scotch uses the word "cool" a lot.
- You Have Failed Me: Brownbeard gets shot with a giant explosive gun by the Yeti Cool Brothers after he fails to kill the Straw Hats.
Centaur Patrol Unit
- Elite Mooks: Some of the most infamous named criminals are this, including "Iron Bar" Smoothie, Fen Bock "of the Gourd" and "Rope-Tugging" Chappeh.
- Fauns and Satyrs: The Gas Mask Mooks are revealed to be satyrs.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: The first seen are half leopard and half giraffe respectively. Other hybrids include a crocodile-man, doe-woman and zebra-man.
Voiced by: Yasuhiko Tokuyama (episode 491), Kazunari Tanaka (episode 511), Masashi Sugawara (episode 583+) (JP), Randy Aguebor (EN)
Age: 43 (Pre-Timeskip), 45 (Post-Timeskip)
Birthday: February 3rd
Bounty: 80,060,000 Berries
Debut: Chapter 581 (Manga), Episode 490 (Anime)
A former New World pirate captain. After Whitebeard's death, he made the island of Foodvalten his territory. However, his plans were soon foiled when Basil Hawkins defeated him. During the two-year timeskip, he became a crocodile centaur and is now the leader of the centaurs living on Punk Hazard.
He has a bounty of 80,060,000 Berries.
- All There in the Manual: In the Vivre Card collection Brownbeard's real name is revealed to be Chadros Higelyges.
- Beard of Evil: Three of them, actually.
- BFS: And he's already a giant of a man.
- Captain Colorbeard: Brown, in this case. He pretty much tried to piggyback on Whitebeard's reputation with it.
- Dumb Muscle: Caesar Clown sees him as this.
- A Father to His Men: For all his faults he does care for the health of his men.
- Gonk: He's drawn like a stereotypically ugly pirate captain.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Almost. Seems that his fight with Hawkins ended with his legs being cut off which Law later replaces with a crocodile body.
- HeelFace Turn: After surviving Caesar's assassination attempt and learning the truth he decides to save his men and side with the Straw Hats.
- Large and in Charge: He's much larger than his men, even after he becomes a crocodile centaur.
- Moral Myopia: Hates the "Worst Generation"... except for Law, who he claims "is different". However, even listening to his own speech about it, it sounds like Law had been involved in the same kinds of world-shaking stuff the others were over the past two years (and even now has some rather grandiose plans in mind), the only difference being that Law helped Brownbeard personally. Luffy and Zoro also joined his good side when Luffy and his crew allied with Law, and together they foiled the villainous situation at Punk Hazard where Brownbeard and company were being used, who also teamed up with them.
- Mr. Exposition: He plays this role during the Punk Hazard arc, though his version of the story is tainted.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: Brownbeard is now an crocodile centaur, or "croctaur", as Luffy puts it. Somewhat subverted in that he's not much of a threat.
- Not Quite Dead: He survived long enough to save Usopp and Nami-in-Sanji's-body and calls Clown out.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: Post-timeskip, he's now a crocodile centaur.
- Underestimating Badassery: Didn't quite know who he was dealing with when he decided to threaten Basil Hawkins.
- Unstoppable Rage: After he learns the truth about Caesar Clown. When he learns from the latter's mouth that the incident that occurred four years ago on Punk Hazard was his doing, and not Vegapunk's, he flat out loses it.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: After he fails to kill the Straw Hats, Caesar Clown orders the Yeti Cool Brothers to gun him down along with the crew.
Birthday July 18th
Debut: Chapter 668 (Manga), Episode 594 (Anime)
Caesar Clown's Blob Monster pet created from the poisonous H2S gas that spread throughout Punk Hazard. It has "eaten" the Sala-Sala Fruit (Sara Sara no Mi), Model: Axolotl.
- And I Must Scream: The gas that "Smiley" is turned back into petrifies its victims, causing considerable nerve damage as it slowly kills them. It's fortunately not irreversible, and the victims can be saved if treated quickly enough.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: It's a mass of poisonous gas comparable to a mountain in sheer size.
- Blessed with Suck: Smiley ate the Sala-Sala Fruit: Model Axolotl. While this isn't so bad, since it gave the Blob Monster sentience, coupled with the ability to shapeshift and its nigh invulnerability; it also prevents it from swimming. The problem with this? Axolotls, and salamanders in general, are amphibious creatures.
- Blob Monster: A living poisonous substance who "ate" a Devil Fruit to give itself a form.
- Made of Explodium: Smiley will violently explode if set on fire as it is made of condensed gas.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Good luck trying to figure out how to kill Smiley.
- Poisoned Weapon: In a sense, Smiley is one. It used to be a Deadly Gas before Caesar condensed it and fed it a Devil Fruit, giving it sentience. Though later, after Caesar fed it a special candy, Smiley returned to being mere gas, "dying" as a result.
- Punny Name: Smiley's name is very similar to how the word "slime" is written.
- Weaksauce Weakness: In Chapter 673, it is revealed that Slime, or Smiley, is a Zoan Devil Fruit user. Specifically the Sala-Sala Fruit (Sara Sara no Mi), Model: Axolotl. According to Clown, Slime is very vulnerable to water. However, unlike many other blobs, trying to burn it will result in a massive explosion, as they're made of condensed gas.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Smiley is "killed" by Caesar so that it can turn back into its original form of a gas.
Guinea Pig Children
Voiced by: Akemi Kanda (JP)
Birthday: June 28th
Debut: Chapter 657 (Manga), Episode 582 (Anime)
A sweet and brave young girl who is a 20 foot tall giant because of Caesar's experiments. When she learns the horrifying truth about the experiments, she helps the Straw Hats by taking the medicine candies away from her crazed, drug-addled friends.
- Blood from the Mouth: After eating the drug-filled candies to prevent her friends from eating them. The poor girl ended up writhing on the ground in agony, spitting blood from her mouth.
- Cute Giant: She is absolutely adorable, and Caesar's experiments made her huge.
- Gentle Giant: She is one of the nicest of the giant children.
- Ill Girl: Caesar told her that she needed to stay because she and the other children were ill. It was a lie, and he is poisoning her and the others with the candy. She becomes even more ill after eating all of the remaining "candies" to prevent her friends from eating the damn things.
- Taking the Bullet: She willingly ate all of the remaining "candies," well over twenty if there was enough for each child to have one, to prevent her friends from eating them and becoming even more sick. This finally causes the remaining children to snap out of their Unstoppable Rage.
- Unstoppable Rage: Because of the effects of the candy Caesar Clown fed her and the other children. It's later subverted when she snapped out of it, unlike her friends. This is because she has somehow developed some kind of resistance to the NHC 10 drug, and possibly Chopper's sedative was keeping said drug in check.
"God of Fortune" Du Feld
Voiced by: Takashi Matsuyama
Birthday: December 29th
Debut: Chapter 860 (Manga), Episode 828 (Anime)
One of the Emperors of the Underworld, known also as the "Loan Shark king", and leader of the Du Feld Conglomerate. He's a rude and greedy man, such as when he takes advantage of the chaos during the wedding to steal the Tamatebako.
His attempt to take the Tamatebako causes him to fight with Stussy until the latter knocks him out. His body is last seen on the Tamatebako until the latter explodes, causing the collapse of Whole Cake Chateau. His whereabouts are unknown.
- Cigar Chomper: Like other Mafioso-inspired characters such as Crocodile and Bege, he's constantly seen with one cigar in his mouth.
- Coat Cape: Wears a large and pimped out one on his elegant suit that makes him appear even bigger than he already is.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Well, he's one of the most infamous figures of the Underworld, his businesses cannot be honest.
- Death by Materialism: After the Tamatebako slips from his hands and falls off the Whole Cake Chateau, he launches himself to reach it and open it. He's then knocked uncoscious by Stussy and the Tamatebako explodes right in his face.
- Fat Bastard: He's a rude, corrupted and fat loan shark.
- Gonk: He's not a pleasure to the eyes, with his large lips and ears.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a large scar on his face that gives him a rougher appearance.
- Greed: He's very likely among the richest people of the world, yet he can't help but steal the Tamatebako when he has the chance.
- Jerkass: Aside from some compliments to Perospero's candy stairs, he never says anything nice about anyone, and finds the assassination attempts against the Vinsmoke Family quite amusing.
- Large and in Charge: He towers over the average sized people and is the boss of the Du Feld Conglomerate.
- Loan Shark: His title is literally "The Loan Shark King"! He's basically the One Piece's equivalent of a mafia boss.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is black and yellow stripes.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Had he not tried to steal the Tamatebako, the Straw Hats and Fire Tank pirates would've had a much harder time escaping from Whole Cake Chateau.
- Oh, Crap!: His face shows this feeling loud and clear when the Tamatebako is sent flying out of his grasp and off the roof of Big Mom's castle. And this is without knowing the Tamatebako is about to explode.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: One of the most influencial man of the Underworld cannot walk around wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, don't you think?
- Sinister Shades: He wears a pair of Lennon Specs that complement his Loan Shark appearance.
- Spanner in the Works: An accidental one: he tries to take Tamatebako but fights Stussy for its possession, until he's shot and loses the Tamatebako (which, unbeknownst to both parties, has long since had its original contents replaced with powerful explosives) causing it to fall off the edge of a cliff and explode, the resulting damage to Whole Cake Chateau and subsequent collapse of the entire building threw Big Mom's plans to execute the entire Straw Hat-Firetank-Germa alliance into disarray.
- Uncertain Doom: Sure, the Tamatebako explodes with him right next to it, but there is no confirm of his death. He might pull a Pell.
"Big News" Morgans
Voiced by: Yasuyuki Kase
Birthday: July 14th
Debut: Chapter 860 (Manga), Episode 828 (Anime)
He's the president of the World Economic Journal and one of the Emperors of the Underworld. Fitting for his job as editor, he's constantly in search of a potential scoop, even at the risk his own life. Of course, having full control of the One Piece world's journals, he decides which news spreads and has no problem with writing an outright lie if he wants.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: The newspapers are delivered by seagulls and he, fittingly, is a giant walking bird.
- Catch-Phrase: Whenever he witness something newsworthy, he exclaims "big news!". No surprise it's his nickname.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: He's a prominent Underworld figure and also the chairman of the World Economic Journal, a major newspaper company, meaning he can spread the news he wants or even an outright lie if it's profitable for him (in both ways). He also apparently has his own dealings with the Nazi-like Germa 66.
- Da Editor: He's the main editor of the World Economic Journal, so he's always looking for some material to publish in the newspapers.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: He publishes an article that completely humiliates the Big Mom Pirates, without caring about Big Mom's subsequent wrath.
- Distracted by the Sexy: When some journalists ask him if they can release a special edition on the news about Shirahoshi's beauty, he cannot reply as he's completely fallen for her.
- Expy: Being a giant bird dressed in a nice suit, he can be a reference to the dodo in Alice in Wonderland, just to continue Whole Cake Island's Alice Allusion.
- Going for the Big Scoop: He is always excited whenever something major happens around him that will make big news and doesn't miss the chance to turn Luffy's infiltration in Big Mom's territory in a hot scoop, to the point that he even declares Luffy "the Fifth Emperor".
- Intrepid Reporter: Getting some photos for his scoop takes priority over his personal safety.
- Large Ham: Being an influencial figure, he steals whatever scene he's in and makes it clear to everyone that he's there. The only times he's quiet is when he's eavesdropping for a big news.
- Nice Hat: Wears a nice top hat tipped with a bird's feather.
- Petting Zoo People: He is a humanoid bird of an unknown race. He's definitely not a Mink, since those are a mammal version.
- Secret Keeper: He knows Stussy is an agent of CP0. They even briefly discuss what the cover story should be for the Big Mom fiasco.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: His overblown reporting on Luffy is what pushes the Gorosei and Imu towards enacting their Final Solution.
"Major Undertaker" Drug Peclo
Voiced by: Yasunori Masutani
Birthday: September 29th
Debut: Chapter 860 (Manga), Episode 828 (Anime)
One of the Emperors of the Underworld.
"The Concealer" Giberson
Voiced by: Kohei Fukuhara
Birthday: August 14th
Debut: Chapter 860 (Manga), Episode 828 (Anime)
A veteran warehouseman and one of the Emperors of the Underworld. He's constantly drinking, therefore he's always drunk and jovial.
- The Alcoholic: In his introduction he's seen guzzling down booze like his life depends on it.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: While it isn't confirmed that his criminal enterprises have a corporate front similar to Morgans', Du Feld's, and Umit's, as a warehousemannote , he's this by default.
- Gag Nose: Has a long red nose, very likely from all the alcohol he drinks.
- Gonk: Has a funny face and a very disproportioned body, with extremely long limbs.
- Nice Hat: Wears a striped tall hat in pendant with his suit.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears a nice black and blue striped suit, although his behaviour is nothing like what you'd expect from a guy dressed like that.
"Deep Ocean Current" Umit
Voiced by: Takahiro Fujiwara
Birthday: September 23rd
Debut: Chapter 860 (Manga), Episode 828 (Anime)
A shipping magnate and one of the Emperors of the Underworld. He's always seen with a serious face.