For the original character sheets, see One Piece.
The characters here only referred to depictions in the fiction. In development.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Everybody has their quirks and insane to which Law can attest. Not even The Baby of the Bunch is exempted from this despite his relative normalcy due to being raised around normal people.
- Cool Aunts and Uncles / Honorary Aunts and Uncles: Acts as one for the Roronoa children.
- Corruption of a Minor: Zig-Zagged but ultimately averted as long as the pirate life and the OP world has anything to say about it. The author admitted she was making Kaitarou face such traumatic events because the OP world demands it. The crew never wanted Kaitarou to witness violence and made a promise to protect him but his parents still cussed in front of him. It implies the latter situation was dealt with. His parents only trained him because he needed to protect himself; it implied Zoro never gave him Training from Hell but fitting for his sons current body. Kaitarou himself is Constantly Curious and asked questions about how babies are made when Nami lightly mind you only told him honeymoons are when babies are made. She never gave him The Talk (but she was going to but her defense was that was the truth though in all likelihood she wouldnt tell him any time soon because her nakama who are raising their kid wont be happy because an incident a day later makes it clear Nami wont tell Kaitarou anything his young age dont need to know currently.) and neither will the rest of the crew and the parents. It implied Usopp dodged a bullet when he took Kaitarou for his bedtime. His parents cussed and discussed their sex life in front of him but he learned the f-word in the end and not asking questions about the latter. His parents spent an hour teaching him what is right and wrong language. Nami apologized for discussing her nakamas sex life in front of their child and was genuinely remorseful.
- Cover Innocent Eyes and Ears: Usopp's role is to make sure Kaitarou does not witness anything bad at his young age.
- Determinator: Of course. By sheer willpower, an injured Chopper ensured the protection of a pregnant Sanji from bounty hunters. When Sanji himself took awhile to understand he cant fight back in his usual raw power and have to protect himself and the baby from harm.
- Family of Choice / True Companions: of course. Luffy went as far as entrusting Kaitarou with his beloved straw hat as a promise to return back to him when they rescued Sanji. That is big and the crew who was there knew that.
- Hyper-Awareness: Besides her Devil Fruit, Robin noticed the changes in Sanji and Zoro enough to try and help the former when he learned about his pregnancy. Zoro can be observant and he took the blame for his Selective Obliviousness when he got the confirmation Sanji was pregnant when they were fighting back at the Sunny.
- Insult of Endearment: Mainly the couple but others still called other crewmates names too.
- Protectorate: Ever since they learned the pregnancy, the crew made a vow to protect Sanji and Zoro's kid. It became much more stalwart when they met the little guy four years later. Nami doesn't want to put Kaitarou in their rescue group but she knows Sanji loves his son too much to deny his request.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Luffy.
- Secret Keeper: Keeps the secret of Sanji's pregnancy and condition from Zoro and the world respectively.
- Shipper on Deck: For Zoro and Sanji. They went as far as building them their own cabin with a nursery. Its actually Everyone Can See It level prior to their Official Couple status as Usopp, Nami, and Robin commentated about some of the hints the pair are romantically interested in each other.
- Ship Tease: Law and Luffy.
- Side Bet: Nami and Robin bets if Zoro knew about the second pregnancy. Nami won because Zoro didn't have a clue.
- Skip to the End: Luffy is the officiator for Zoro and Sanji's wedding so what else do you expect? The captain dressed up in a priest's clothes complete with a fake beard. The Zosan wedding ceremony immediately dove into the vows and the kiss. Not that Zoro and Sanji minded that much.
- Took a Level in Badass: During their time away at war with Kaidou, their time fighting the Big Mom Pirates were significantly shortened. Unlike the hours it took to defeat Cracker, Brulee, and Katakuri in canon, they seemed to take not that much time, more or less.
- Unluckily Lucky: It was by sheer luck Big News Morgans was never told of Sanji's condition and thus about the men who could produce children. Big Mom Pirates and the Marines don't feel like it's necessary to tell him anyway. He likely heard the rumors of it in the Underworld but likely doesn't have much of a dynamic story behind it or could tell in a way that sensationalized it. It's just as likely he heard rumors flying about the side-effects of amagenon but don't have an ax to grind when side-effects of the material they are selling are always a thing in black markets.
- Weirdness Magnet: Considering they got a guy who could produce children among a living skeleton and rubberman, talking human-reindeer, and a cyborg onboard, it's nothing new.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: They hit and yell in each others' faces with calling names. No matter what, they stuck together and it would worth the hellish journey just to be together as a crew again.
The Roronoa FamilyFormed by accident with the conception of their firstborn, Sanji and Zoro achieved a family. After much tribulations and heartache, the pair married and expected their second born as of the current timeline. Together, they are pursuing their dream of raising their kids and their individual dreams.
- Absurdly Youthful Parents: The parents were 21 when Kaitarou was conceived; because we don't know which parent is older, we know they are the same age which makes them 22 when Kaitarou was born. Their second child was born when they were 25-26. Then again, in a world where children are precious, it's not that unusual. Justified because Sanji never expected that he would be expecting.
- Badass Family: Two Action Dads, Retired Badass Grandpa Zeff, and Kaitarou is a bigger monster than his parents with his awakening of Armament Haki and potentially Observation at the tender age of four. Zoro is especially pleased of Kaitarou's budding Haki.
- Battle Couple
- Blood Knight: Zoro and Sanji fit this. Sanji did miss fighting enemies when he was raising Kaitarou. He spent time training, keeping as a low profile as he could.
- Doting Parent: They are very proud of their son's bravery and monstrous strength.
- It Runs in the Family: The parents are part of the Monster Trio. It only makes sense for their child to be a bigger monster than they are.
- Good Parents: They spent time with their child as much as they can. They refused to show weakness in front of Kaitarou so he could lean on them for comfort. As much as they don't want to, they have to train him to survive in the pirate world.
- Happily Married: Very much so. For example, they compromised about Kaitarou's fighting style, allowing him to learn Black Leg style and swordsman training, enabling to cook as well.
- Humble Goal: They do want to achieve their dreams with the addition of raising a family together peacefully.
- Not in Front of the Kid: Despite not smoking, Sanji still cusses in front of him. Zoro is also this but partly because he knew his son would eventually learn it anyhow, especially on a pirate ship.
- Papa Wolf: Harm their children and hell would rain down on your head. Just ask Perospero.
- Parenting the Husband: Zig-Zagged for both dads. Sanji, when comforting a whining Zoro, wondered how Zoro survived before they met. Zoro is working on it like bathing with Kaitarou after training and Zoro does have the capacity for maturity because of his dark realism and Number Two to Luffy. While Sanji does have the skills for the household, his emotions are usually on overdrive to the point Zoro had to bring him down to earth and look at the bigger picture. Sanji called himself smart - and he does use his brains more often - but he's just as dumb as Zoro. The author and characters in-universe called them idiots.
- Poor Communication Kills: Most of the problems of their relationship was their inability to talk it out precisely and reach a good compromise or to think things through of a situation that stinks to high heavens. Their relationship was nearly as broken as it formed romantically with the situation of Rina. It doesn't help that Zoro relied mostly on action and his words tended to fumble - he's not good with words - while Sanji tended to overthink with his emotions to the point he won't listen. It took them a while to get them on the same page and even now, they are still working on it.
- Rags to Royalty: Zig-Zagged. Sanji, Nami, and Robin referred to the former as a prince. Technically, Zoro married into the Vinsmoke family (but Sanji took his husband's name, shedding his family name) and their children descended from the bloodline. However, the family preferred the humble lifestyle and nowhere near a royal court, although they have faith Luffy will be the King of the Pirates. If Luffy became the Fifth Emperor as in canon, then the Strawhats would fit this; however, given the crew, they don't mind the riches but they would rather a humble lifestyle just like the Red Hair Pirates.
- The Rival: They still regard each other as this despite their marital status. They moved to a more mature version, bantering Like an Old Married Couple and competitive about little things like surprises.
- Seme / Uke: Averted. The couple switched. Sanji had never once thought of switching for two reasons: because of his reproductive system and he never thought of it despite Zoro spelling it out. It took Nami to remind him that he can be on top and switch sex positions. Regardless of sex positions, they have a passionate sex life.
- Truth in Television: The way they bond with their unborn child is how real-life parents bond with theirs. Giving a nickname, caressing the belly, and talking to the belly are ways Sanji and Zoro bonded with their unborn.
- Unknown Relative: Subverted. Kaitarou and his sibling won't likely see Zeff until after the entire story of One Piece are said and done; he only saw pictures. Zoro and Kaitarou have seen glimpses of their in-laws and biological grandfather/aunt/uncles respectively but never truly met them. Sanji is much insistent Kaitarou never meet his biological granddad and uncles. As for the Vinsmokes, they never have a chance to see their grandchild/nephew but rather on pictures.
Married to Sanji, they are expecting their second child. To Zoro's delight, he could participate in the pregnancy and bond joyously with the unborn baby this time.
- Book Dumb: He knows little about pregnancy up to not knowing Morning Sickness. Then again, he probably wasnt expecting to care for a pregnant person much less his lover.
- Character Development: Zoro does feel things underneath his The Stoic mask. It's just he has a hard time recognizing or understanding them, leading to mistakes which hurts his family. Once he knows it, he takes hold of it and makes off-the-cuff decisions as easy as breathing. A spontaneous marriage declaration and love confession are one of these. Zoro doesn't voice his thoughts often because he isn't good with words at all. He couldn't identify what is okay and what wouldn't be okay, which took a while for the implications to catch up to him. To be fair, it's not like Sanji is forthcoming about talking either. Now, he isn't trying to bottle up and using his words more frequently rather than let his lover misunderstand.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Upfront with his jealousy.
- Dumb Muscle: Downplayed. He got some decent amount of wisdom and intelligence but he's only marginally smarter than their captain. He's often called 'caveman', 'brute', etc.
- Easily Forgiven: While he did see Sanji's side of the issue and Scylla and Charybdis dilemma, he forgave his lover for doing what he believed what was right. To be fair to Sanji, he knew that Zoro would miss out on everything on their first child's milestones and choice in the participation of the first pregnancy.
- Entertainingly Wrong: He hypothesized Kaitarou is Sanji and his wifes child. Despite feelings of yearning towards this kid he just met and not recognizing his feelings as heartbreak, he didnt realize the implications Kaitarou introducing himself as a Roronoa; in all likelihood, he believed the kid wanted the surname. He thought Sanjis wife had green hair. To be fair, a Mr. Seahorse situation was never a possibility for Sanji in Zoros mind.
- Family Man: While Sanji does fit this too, Zoro fits this moreso because of his lack of involvement in the first four years of Kaitarou's life. He wanted to make up for his time away so he spent time as much as he can while also training and other duties on the ship.
- Heroic BSoD: When he learned about the truth of Kaitarou's parentage and the Armor-Piercing Question from Sanji whether or not he loves him or not, Zoro went into this for three days. But when he rejected Kaitarou, Sanji blew up in his face and begged him to be there for Kaitarou, stating that he doesn't have to be with him just because they have a child together. Zoro, being Zoro, acknowledged Kaitarou as his son and Sanji as his chosen lover after a few hours.
- Let's Have Another Baby: Zoro was the one who suggested it to which Sanji reacted with shock. While Sanji does not mind having another kid with Zoro, he doesn't want to go through pregnancy again at least not so soon after the reunion. It is implied they are taking it slow. Sanji became insistent about having a second baby during WCI for two reasons: A) if there is any man's child he would carry, he would only carry the child of the man he loves B) if worse comes the worse, he wouldn't have to carry Katakuri's kid.
- Manly Tears: Sheds some when Sanji revealed his second pregnancy.
- No Sense of Direction
- Oblivious to Love: He neither did not notice Sanji's crush on him or his own crush on Sanji. Although Sanji would not admit his own crush to himself either so he doesn't help.
- Parental Abandonment: Given his behavior as a child, its easy to decipher he been through hard times. He never knew his parents and wonder why they left him. Zoro doesnt want his children to experience the same pain he did with this trope so he makes an effort to be with them.
- Single-Target Sexuality: He honestly doesn't care who he slept with. If his behavior with Sanji in Their First Time indicates anything, he is used to sleeping with men. The only person he developed romantic feelings for is Sanji.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Or husband. Normally, he doesn't have to worry about Sanji during a battle. But when Sanji got pregnant... He became so overprotective he worried about the slightest chance of a risk.
- Walking the Earth: Before Sanji and Kaitarou as his family, he believed he would travel the world with some of his Nakama after he became the world's greatest swordsman and just die at the hands of his successor. He actually doesn't believe his lifestyle would allow a family or even a lover. Now though, he wanted to raise his family which is all he wanted after he becomes said the world's greatest swordsman.
Married to Zoro, he is pregnant with his second child.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Justified because he's pregnant. Sanji can be a Pregnant Badass but he can't fight like he used to. The Strawhats doesn't mind because nakama and they would protect a new member of their crew.
- But Not Too Bi: He caught the attention of most men and flail for the attention of women who were gracious for his chivalry that he self-admittedly was weird. He could forge relationships with women...as long as he toned down his desperateness. While his relationship with females tended to make him desperate, Robin and Nami normally acted as his confidants just as much as Usopp and Chopper are. He doesn't reject men's advances as long as they respect him and he sees them as good people. At the same time, he can't see himself with any other man except Zoro and that's with the addendum of carrying a child. In fact, the only man he's ever attracted to is Zoro that he only thinks of him the entire time. He doesn't hate Katakuri afterward and would leave Dan alone had not Dan went all Yandere. At his wedding reception, Sanji notes he is off the market with a man for women and he's scared for his nakama's reaction for having two guys together, making him aware of other sexual orientations. Robin reassured him that they accept him and to not worry about what the world thinks as a whole. He's attracted to women and Zoro but won't refuse men's advances as long as they are good people or respect him.
- Character Development: His perversion lowered dramatically; at the beginning of the fic, he seemed to simmer down or at least not nosebleed that much. When he became a father, he will still compliment women but directed his perversion towards his lover instead and refused to show it in front of Kaitarou. Zoro noted his aura is like Koshiro's.
- Clueless Dude Magnet: He has better chances with men than with women. He caught the attention of Zoro, Dan, and Katakuri. Some men included his would-be rapist when he was sold and some slave traders trying to capture him. It's partially Oblivious to Love because, in the entire Time Skip, he only thought of Zoro and never once thought of Dan's affections could be romantic.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Downplayed but still there. He admits he wouldn't like anybody touching Zoro.
- Distressed Dude: During WCI. He's this during his second pregnancy.
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Sanji, when he didnt believe it at first, doesnt want to kill an unborn child. Its in his character to keep and protect an unborn child within him because he is a kind and gentle soul beneath his veneer who loves tiny baby animals when he was at Germa than any pro-life/choice... Justified because his condition, for the most part, was wiped from textbooks and how to abort a child in his condition might be dangerous as any back alley abortions.
- Guilt Complex: Despite reassurances, he couldn't help but blame himself for many things that in his eyes were, directly and indirectly, his fault. Still, he blames himself for splitting father and child for four years and never telling Zoro and allowing him to participate in the first pregnancy.
- Hand on Womb: Averted. It's only when the audience and crew learned about the pregnancy would Sanji later cradle his belly. Sanji and later Zoro caressed the belly when the former is pregnant, usually to feel the unborn child. On a much hard time, Sanji usually tried to protect his belly by covering it from people like Zoro (who mistakenly thought it was a stomachache and never been told) and enemies threatening to harm him.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Prone to this. Zoro called him out on this.
- Honor Before Reason: He fully intended to let Zoro go to Rina despite Zoro's strong feelings towards him. Sanji is allowed to feel the way he does and Zoro would be honorable to see his children albeit from different parents. In fact, Zoro was hurt that he would easily let him go when it's clear to anybody that Zoro would rather choose Sanji as his lover. Sanji also didn't want to hurt the lady who is carrying the love of his life's child so all the 'sacrifices' in his life would mean he planned to raise Kaitarou alone with no hopes of the desired second child in the future.
- Hot-Blooded: The conception of their second born is a result of impulsiveness. The Strawhats are in the middle of a war and Sanji left the crew to raise his baby away from danger. His emotions clouded his judgment so much many have to pull his head out of the bubble.
- Imperiled in Pregnancy: Multiple times.
- Insecure Love Interest: He believed, no matter how much Zoro loved him and Kaitarou, Zoro would prioritize his dream over him. When he got the proof that Zoro would kill him for the crew in that emotional fight, his jerkass facade broke faster than in canon with his fight with Luffy and Nami. It took Zoro two love confessions to get into Sanji's head that he is worth hell during WCI. He made more love confessions prior to the mess and Sanji did believe them at least but he thought he would be thrown aside in favor for Zoro's dream.
- Mr. Seahorse
- Mood-Swinger: Evidence of his pregnancy with Kaitarou was his mood swings and he has this in his current pregnancy too.
- Morning Sickness: Hates this because of the waste of food, something he doesn't like personally for obvious reasons. He showed early signs of nausea while on the Sunny in his first pregnancy but he never realized the implications or go to Chopper for it; it wasn't until around the second month we learn that his nausea got worse.
- Pregnant Badass: Played realistically. While he can't fight like he used to, he tried to help as best as his condition allowed him to. It should be noted he was conceiving his second child as he escaped WCI for it would take a day to fertilize the egg. Zoro and Sanji have top notch fertility they were able to conceive within a night just like their firstborns conception. If it hadnt been implied already, despite the restrictions the doctors set for Sanji and the protection of his crew, Sanji will still participate in the war while pregnant.
- Princely Young Man: Called himself a prince which Nami and Robin made clear with a Cool Crown they stole from a pirate crew.
- Scylla and Charybdis: The crux of Sanji's decision to leave the crew temporarily. Either he leaves and stays near an island full of Marines, black markets, and slave traders or Sanji and Zoro's kid would be born near war with constant threats to his life with the Strawhats and allies being barely enough to protect him. When he returned, the same situation occurred - except he can't leave this time because the Emperors are really coming after the Strawhats including Sanji - but this time, his crew is vocal about protecting Sanji and the Roronoa siblings. Sanji wanted to give his child normalcy and to never witness violence. Kaitarou was very scared but trying to be brave when the bakery was attacked by kidnappers so he is sheltered a bit. Unfortunately, Sanji knew that his son would have to journey with them instead of being kept hidden because Sanji wanted to raise his kid.
- Sent Into Hiding: He became the missing Strawhat when he left the crew. To the rest of the world, he's a Chekhov M.I.A. because he made an explosive return in the Big Mom-Vinsmoke Arranged Marriage fiasco.
- Shed the Family Name / The Maiden Name Debate: Sanji hated the name Vinsmoke and took the name Roronoa.
- Struggling Single Mother: or dad. While he did find seclusion and luck with kind people, they arent exactly rich but reasonably lived-in. Sanji would have spoiled his child but money was tight, especially when a notorious pirate was in hiding and pregnant. Sora, Vallo, and Ranport would've insisted on buying more for Kaitarou but their main priority was to stay hidden from the rest of the world. There were hints Kaitarou had more items but he chose his most precious possessions before officially joining the Strawhats.
- Take Care of the Kids: As usual for his self-sacrificial tendencies, he did this multiple times. When he came down with a fever in his first pregnancy at eight months, he begged Ranport to save his baby first. When he was bleeding out from the shot he got from saving his son, he begged Zoro to take care of Kaitarou no matter what. Again, he begged Zoro to care for their son because this was goodbye when he made the call after he was blackmailed by Germa.
- Unexpected Virgin: He never had sex before Zoro. For women, he wanted to be a gentleman.
Officially joined the Strawhats when he was three years old. His current fighting style is a blend of his fathers styles with freshly awakened Haki.
- Affectionate Nickname: Called "Kai-chan", sweetheart, son, etc.
- All in the Manual: As detailed here for Kaitarou. Subverted because info can be divulged in the fics so the info confirms.
- Born During a Storm
- Cheerful Child
- Children Are Innocent: His parents would like to keep that way.
- Constantly Curious
- Harmful to Minors: The violence he was exposed to was horrific. More often than not, he was the target for being the child of two males or pirates, either or both.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Downplayed. While he is willing to fight enemies who hurt his family and himself, he would make an effort to know his enemy in spite of knowing they would hurt him further. He forgave his fathers for hurting him in the heated tensions of WCI and the Dan incident.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "Son of the Big Sea", referring to Sanji's love and wanderlust for the seas, the All Blue dream, and his fathers' positions as pirates.
- No Sense of Direction
- Patchwork Kids: Downplayed. While he has Sanji's blue eyes and curly eyebrows and Zoro's green hair, his parents stated he looked more like the other. Although Usopp said he looked more like Sanji probably of the blue eyes and curly eyebrows, it's played more lightly because everybody including enemies could see both his parents in little ways in him. Not to mention he is four meaning he is still baby faced.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: An effective weapon that nobody could deny as of yet. According to Sanji, he knows the power of this trope and doesnt blame Zoro for not saying no. What anyone could do is distract him with another thing like toy or game.
- Significant Birth Date: July 7: the mid-birthday of Zoro and Sanji's birthdays, celebrated in the Japanese Zoro/Sanji fandom; and Tanabata, symbolizing Zoro and Sanji's love.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He wanted to make his parents proud.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Afraid of the dark.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Subverted. He is innocent but has the capacity to see and ask his enemies questions about nakama. His beliefs were a morph between the care of his family. He is willing to fight enemies to save his loved ones enough to awaken Haki. However, he is still a child and never realize true implications of what he was asked to do unless he knows what it is with conviction. Such an example was saving Sanji and forgiving him for hurting him but on the other hand, he doesnt know what it means to be strong like his parents, physically and mentally.
Officially joined the Strawhats before they were even born.
- Affectionate Nickname: Due to not knowing the gender, Sanji and Zoro called the unborn child "Sprout". Only Sanji privately called the unborn a "princess" and even then, he hoped the unborn is a girl.
- All There in the Manual:
- Mixed Race: The unborn child is Japanese-French, halves of which from their parents.
- Contrived Coincidence: Chopper seemed to already know the guy because once they landed on the island, Chopper took Sanji there. Either he's an associate of Kureha or Chopper heard of him somehow. Through complete luck and coincidence, Ranport has a son who shared Sanji's condition and had a child a decade or so earlier. Chopper and Sanji saved his granddaughter barely minutes later and she led him to a sanctuary for four years.
- Cool Big Sis: Sora for Kaitarou.
- Cool Old Guy: Ranport.
- Daddy's Girl: Sora's close to her dad, Vallo.
- Distressed Dude / Damsel in Distress: Sora and Ranport. All of them were this when Perospero attacked in the lower decks of the Sunny.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Vallo's lover knew he would die if he's going to act as The Bait. Regardless, he loves Vallo and his daughter for them to live.
- Killed Off for Real: Vallo.
- Meaningful Name: Sora references Sora Vinsmoke. She and Sanji have a Like Brother and Sister relationship.
- The Medic: Ranport. It's implied Vallo and possibly Sora have basic medical knowledge because he was able to save Sanji when he was bleeding out from a gunshot wound.
- Missing Mom / Disappeared Dad: Justified because they're dead. While it's unclear whether or not Vallo remembered his mom, he is certainly close to his dad. Sora never knew her other father beyond stories told by her then living dad.
- Mr. Seahorse: Vallo.
- The Mourning After: Vallo never took another lover.
- Nice Guy: All of them. They're also comparably normal which affected Kaitarou enough.
- No Name Given: Vallo's lover / Sora's other father's name and Sora's grandma / Vallo's mother's name was never revealed.
- Non-Action Guy: Ranport.
- Only One Name: We don't know their surname or if they had one.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Ranport outlived his son but not his granddaughter.
- Pensieve Flashback: Sora's Devil Fruit powers. Its primary function is to dive into people's deepest memories and watch it. It also brings up every single detail of their memories that a character experienced fully on that particular memory but not so much remembered next time weeks later. Zoro was able to see some memories of Sanji and baby Kaitarou as a result of this. She was able to control it by the time she met the rest of the Strawhats.
- Posthumous Character: Vallo's lover and thusly Sora's other dad. He died when Sora was just one-month-old. Later, Vallo was added to the list. It's clear that while Sora never knew her other father, she was told of him from Vallo. Sora is still grieving for her cherished father's death.
- Sweet Baker: Formerly ran a bakery before they went on the run with the Strawhats. It implied Sora helped Sanji with the baking and other stuff involving inventory. She took the load off Sanji's many burdens to let him rest.
- Beta Couple: Zig-Zagged. They are more stable than Zoro and Sanji's in time of crisis but they aren't together. It's likely Everyone Can See It because Zoro, Oblivious to Love as he was, did notice the relative closeness Law gave to Luffy.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Law.
- Secret Keeper: Knew about Sanji's condition.
- Ship Tease: Law and Luffy.
- Pragmatic Hero: Well, they're pirates and being heroes is a stretch, even by Dressrosa standards. While the Strawhats have strong honor and morals, most of the captains were willing to starve Kaidou's army and by extension Wano's citizens. Sanji obviously doesn't like that. In another note, when Luffy learned about the transport of slaves, he asked his fleet and allies to rescue them. Others were wary, especially in the middle of a war that they can't waste energy but Law and likely Barto followed the order. It's unknown if the others will follow the order.
- Fanboy: Of course. Bartolomeo and his crew would squee when they learn about Kaitarou and Sanji's current pregnancy.
Orlumbus and Yonta Maria Grand Fleet
DanSanjis friend and coworker at Vallo and Soras bakery. He is desperately in love with Sanji but Sanji gently rejected him.
- Bad Boss: will kill his men for failure.
- Blackmail: He blackmailed Rina with her lover and child's lives so she can do what he ordered her to do.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: He would betray anybody just to have Sanji.
- Complexity Addiction: He could've just kidnap Sanji from the start. To be fair, he did try to kidnap Sanji but if it weren't for Usopp and Zoro, Sanji would've bled to death. Instead, he had Sanji be placed in a slave auction, making his friends save him, kidnapped Ranport just so he can plant Rina in so he could break apart Sanji and Zoro, sent in Perospero to threaten the lives of Kaitarou and Rina so Sanji would be forced to see him, and eventually try to kill the Vinsmokes. Again, all of this for Sanji's heart.
- Connected All Along: He was a subordinate and affiliate to Donquixote Doflamingo.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: He was turned into candy and eaten by Perospero.
- Entitled to Have You: Dan refused Sanji's multiple rejections and would go to great lengths in his possession just to have him. He explicitly stated to his love interest he was merely taking what was his. He was uncaring about what Sanji wants which includes Kaitarou. He will say Sanji is strong and Sanji is indefinitely better in combat than he is but he have no problem chaining Sanji with explosives on his hands, something he shouldve known in the two years together.
- Glamour: Dan's unnamed Devil Fruit powers allowed memory manipulation where one must wish for it. This happened to Rina who supposedly carried Zoro's unborn child when she really isn't.
- Jerkass: Even before his reveal, he was remarkably unpleasant towards Zoro. Sanji and the others never saw him more than mousy. However, Dan has no problem trying to kill Sanjis loved ones, showing he believed they were obstacles from getting Sanjis love. After his reveal, he found nothing wrong chaining Sanji with explosives with the threat to Sanjis personal beliefs as a chef.
- Love Makes You Evil: Pretty much his motive. If we are to take his backstory in mind, he was also driven by the love of his family.
- Killed Off for Real: by Perospero
- Relationship Sabotage: He hated Zoro and would go to great lengths in a short amount of time (because Zoro and Sanji didnt reunite until months later but Dan definitely knew the other father of Kaitarou. Its not like Kaitarou nor Sanji made a secret about it. Dan jealously tried to break them apart when Zoro and Usopp was staying with them. But when that didnt work, he called in Rina.). Its implied the Rina situation was a backup plan because Dan outright stated he hoped Sanji stayed forever on Banaru. Likely in his deluded mind, he hoped Sanji ran back to him when the relationship with Zoro failed...due to his hands.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: He went so far only to die because he should know he shouldn't bite the dragon.
- Two-Faced: On one hand, hes a mousy fella who had little power but on the other, hes a cold and cruel individual who will go to the extremes to get what he wants, damned the consequences.
- Walking Spoiler: The fact he was The Mole and Arc Villain for the first half or so before WCI arc
- Would Hurt A Girl: Will shoot Reiju again just to have Sanji.
- Yandere: He doesn't care of how many bridges he burned including with Sanji in order to have Sanji.
Rina and Rey
- Easily Forgiven: It took a while but the Strawhats including Zoro could see she's just a pawn in a bigger game.
- Guilt Complex: Rina blamed herself for causing troubles for the Strawhats. She was only able to let go of her guilt when the family she's hurting the most forgave her.
- Imperiled in Pregnancy: Thankfully, she wasn't that hurt to miscarry.
- Questionable Consent: Rina was forced to have sex with Zoro and Zoro was drunk to the point he remembered nothing. The readers don't know the circumstances at all except a brothel was involved. Unlike Sanji, while did fight back, did consent.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: The couple decided to stay in Cacao Island because they didn't want to interfere with the Strawhats any longer. Totland is the same as in canon as in citizens must pay a toll of a piece of their soul to live there. However, if Big Mom is angry at the Strawhats for ruining her plans and destroying Whole Cake Island, she must not care for new citizens and communicating with Kaidou at the moment for the heads of the Strawhats. And there's also the additional fact whether or not Luffy became the Fifth Emperor. And that's a huge probability that Rey and Rina can live peacefully without paying a toll of their soul. Only in those circumstances.
- Shoot the Dog: Rina was ordered to kill Sora and feign Zoro's paternity to save her child and lover's lives.
NavirsAllies of the Strawhat Grand Fleet. Living in the island of Moon Cape.
- Secret Keeper: Zeff learned about Sanji's condition via letter.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: Indirectly. Zeff asked Sanji to bring him the other father so he can decide whether or not to filet him.
- Unknown Relative: Zeff and Kaitarou never learned about each other, to Nami's exasperation when keeping the secret from Zoro were already guilt-tripping already. Zeff easily accepted Kaitarou as his grandkid but he doesn't know about the second pregnancy as by then, Sanji probably planned to announce the pregnancy to Zoro first.
- Wimpification: Not them but their forceful feminization of Sanji. Judge called Sanji a bride simply because he can produce children.
- Unknown Relative: Judge had always known about the side-effects of the medicine Sora took. He and Germa doctors never told Sanji this so he was left oblivious until Sanji's Surprise Pregnancy. The Vinsmokes have only seen Kaitarou in pictures and heard him at least but never truly saw him. Reiju is the only one who knows about Sanji's potential second pregnancy.
- Would Hurt a Child: Judge threatened to hurt his biological grandson if Sanji does not do what he was told.
- General Ripper: Sakazuki.
- Knight Templar: "Absolute Justice". They are willing to kill anybody related to a criminal, yes, a perceived one. They did this to men who could produce children and their friends and families.
- Sins of the Father: Killed Ace for this reason and would soon do this to Kaitarou. Being pirates are just bonuses.
Smoker, Tashigi, and G5
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Smoker is less than pleased when he heard the news of Kaitarou's involvement. He wouldn't be any more pleased, learning of Sanji's current pregnancy in the future as he would not likely hurt a pregnant person either.
Big Mom and the Big Mom Pirates
- Adaptational Superpower Change: Perospero's Devil Fruit changed slightly. He still has his powers as in canon but he's a Logia now, instead of Paramecia.
- Arranged Marriage: Sets up one between Sanji and Katakuri
- Dragon with an Agenda: Perospero worked undercover as Candyman, Dan's righthand man, so he could kidnap Sanji. He stuck around Dan because it's fun.
- Master of the Mixed Message: Katakuri to Sanji. On one hand, Katakuri looked like he would rape him and force him to carry his child but on the other hand, he would not mind marrying him and seemed to genuinely like him. When Sanji was humiliated in his Shameful Strip, Katakuri noted that Sanji was strong, something Germa 66 does not see and outright called him the bride of the Arranged Marriage.
- Virtue Is Weakness: Possibly subverted. Perospero seemed to believe this based on his spiel when brutally beating Sanji. Though there might be the canon characterization of his soft spot for his family and Totland still at play since he was part of the siblings trying to kill the Sanji and the Vinsmokes earlier than expected.