Heroes (Kirby Era)
Formerly Buddy Blank, OMAC is the result of the Global Peace Agency's efforts to create a super-soldier to fight threats in "The world that's coming!"
- Chest Insignia: OMAC has a Brother Eye symbol on his chest.
- Expy: In the foreword of the trade paperback of the original 8 issues, Mark Evanier tells the reader that Kirby had imagined ideas used in OMAC for an unused Captain America story for a Captain America (not Steve Rogers frozen again) set in the future.
- Foe-Tossing Charge: His signature combat maneuver is to simply tackle the largest cluster of opponents and smash them aside in a big pile.
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself: OMAC infiltrates a city rented out for a party by the criminal known as Mr. Big and is chauffeured in by two party-goers who note that his costume is "A Dandy" and "Original". Zig-zagged as they knew he was from the GPA but used him in order to kill Professor Myron Forest.
- In a Single Bound: Can leap great distances.
- One-Man Army: It's in his name. One issue has him live up to the title, defeating an army of 100,000 soldiers.
- Split Personality: In the second issue, OMAC himself states that he has faint memories of being someone else.
- Split-Personality Takeover: The Global Peace Agency wants OMAC and has no use for Buddy Blank, he is OMAC all the time. OMAC himself doesn't mean Buddy any harm. He is hardly aware of Buddy's existence.
- Supersoldier: The satellite Brother Eye transformed Buddy via "remote-controlled hormone surgery—from SPACE."
- Super Strength: What did you expect from a One-Man Army?
- Utility Belt: It is OMAC's belt that absorbs the power beams sent by Brother Eye.
- Artificial Intelligence: A satellite in space capable of communicating with OMAC, although only he can hear Brother Eye.
- Bond Creatures: Possesses a mental connection to OMAC.
- Cyber Cyclops: Has only one eye, which it uses to stare down on the Earth and observe OMAC and everything else.
- Kill Sat: While Brother Eye can send blasts from space, it could also empower OMAC, shield OMAC and others from missiles, and create fake dead bodies.
- Super Empowering: Brother Eye shoots a laser from space to not only transform Buddy into OMAC, but to also grant him more super-strength, or even make him as light as a bird.
The Global Peace Agency aka the GPA
- Ambiguously Evil: Between the faceless masks, their habit of using super-soldiers, the fact that their signature satellite is named "Brother Eye", and the fact that the series kicks off with them overwriting some poor guy's mind, they're pretty clearly a Knight Templar group at best. Tragically, the series being Cut Short means that it's hard to parse how deep it goes.
- Government Agency of Fiction: They operate somewhere between this and the UN.
- Omniscient Council of Vagueness: Taken Up to Eleven by the fact that they wear face concealing masks.
- United Nations Is a Superpower: They're essentially a future United Nations with very real power, to the point of being able to crush entire small countries.
Mr. and Mrs. Barker
OMAC's adopted test parents selected for him by the Peace Agency via a computer algorithm (think computer dating but for parental relationships instead of romantic ones).
- Good Parents: They try to do this for OMAC.
- Granny Classic: Mrs. Barker at least looks the part.
- Happily Married: We see no evidence of any animosity between them.
- Muggle Foster Parents: They have no powers, which was apparently part of the point.
- Parental Substitutes: They were assigned to OMAC via a computer program.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Sort of. He wants to save his girlfriend from Fancy Freddy's body snatching ring, but becomes doubtful when Fancy Freddy offers him money.
- Evil vs. Evil: OMAC forces him to help him against Fancy Freddy.
- Morality Pet: His girlfriend, who was kidnapped by his bosses.
- Shooting Gallery: OMAC tracks Buck down at a shooting range where the game is holographic monsters.
Fancy Freddy Sparga
- Fiction 500: As one of "the Super-Rich", Mr. Big is so wealthy that he can rent out an entire city just to kill OMAC.