Nemo Elcorbuzier is the 48th Numero and the main character of Now You Feel Like Number None. Nemo started off as a low-ranking servant to Sosuke Aizen, running errands. When Findorr attacked Nemo, Nemo found refuge in Cirucci's fortress, and Cirucci chased Findorr away. When Cirucci became the Tenth Espada, Nemo became her Fraccion.
Her zanpakuto, Polilla, is a simple blade reminiscent of a lance. It transforms her into a creature of dust and shadow in the hollow shell that was once her body.
- Animal Motifs: "Polilla", the name of her Zanpakuto, means "moth" in Spanish. As an Adjuchas, she strongly resembled a moth.
- Anti-Villain: She's not a bad person, she's just on the wrong side.
- Cultured Warrior: Nemo is a great fighter, but was originally rather graceless and skittish. After she ran to Cirucci for protection, her new mistress passed down everything she knew about grace and nobility on to Nemo who later on surpassed her in this regard.
- Expy: Her character design and a lot of her powers was based of the titular protagonist of Hollow Knight.
- Determinator: Nemo has an incredible drive to survive and the personality that emerges when she releases her sword takes it up to 11.
- Failed a Spot Check: In Chapter 7, Aizen sends Nemo off on a mission to infiltrate Urahara's shop and steal his plans. She does so and breaks into the closet Urahara keeps his plans, but distracted is she is by the number of potential folders for her to steal that she doesn't sense Ururu approaching her from behind. She only notices her when Ururu asks for her attention.
- Fashion Designer: As an apprentice to Alphonse, she has learned how to design clothes of various kinds. Her greatest work to date has been designing Jackelton's uniform.
- Healing Factor: Nemo had the High-Speed Regeneration as a starting skill. She has levelled it to the point that it allows her to recover from anything but organ damage from within a few seconds to a few days, depending on the severity of her wounds.
- Heroic Mime: Nemo rarely speaks. She communicates mostly through a type of instinctive sign language. Even Tosen has no trouble understanding her silent communication despite being blind thanks to his extremely keen spiritual senses.
- Horned Humanoid: Her mask remnants leave her with horns that protrude from the top of her face.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Her specialty.
- Love Redeems: An unusually mutual version of this. Nemo has always had a desire to be good, but had resigned herself to having to forsake her morality for pragmatism. She learns the value of striving for more than mere survival through her relationship with Cirucci.
- Macabre Moth Motif: Nemo has a moth motif, which becomes this when unleashing her Resurreccion.
- Messy Hair: Prior to joining Cirucci, Nemo's hair was an unkempt mop of hair.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Nemo and Mantis, in her backstory and in flashback. Despite being giant insect monsters, the two formed a close friendship and hunted together, using team-work and traps to take down other hollows.
- Rage Against the Heavens: The release phrase for her zanpakuto, Polilla, is "Challenge". It's not a challenge to her enemies, but a challenge to the world, one proclaiming that whatever it throws at her, she will survive it.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: One of Polilla's abilities is to conjure up a brief shadow image of the sword which can partially phase through enemy defences.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Nemo does not like her Resurrection.
- SupportingProtagonist: While Nemo does have a lot of agency in the plot, most of what she does is support others.
- Took a Level in Badass: Nemo has gone from the level of a below-average Numero to a high-level Fraccion throughout the duration of the quest, culminating in her gaining the ability to perform Gran Rey Cero.
- Weakened by the Light: Her Resurreccion's healing ability requires shadows and doesn't work in total illumination.
- White Mask of Doom: Black dust covers Nemo when she releases her zanpakuto. The only thing it doesn't cover is the remains of her hollow mask.
- Yaoi Fangirl: We get hints of this from an interaction she had with Esmeralda regarding Grimmjow and Ulquiorra.
Cirucci Sanderwicci is the 105th Arrancar and former Privaron Espada. When Findorr attacked Nemo, Nemo found refuge in Cirucci's fortress, and Cirucci chased Findorr away. This debt was repaid when Nemo's aid allowed Cirucci to grow beyond her limit, challenge Yammy Llargo in in the Racing Grounds of Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck, and win. Following this victory, Cirucci became the Tenth Espada, and Nemo became her Fraccion. Later, Cirucci rescued Nemo from a captivity connected to Ruddborne's death, defeating Nnoitra Gilger in doing so and ascending to the rank of Fifth Espada.
Her zanpakutou, Golondrina, is a disk-like weapon attached to a handle by a thin cord, not unlike a yo-yo. Her Resurrección is one of the most powerful in existence, but can only be sustained for 30 seconds.
- Cultured Warrior: Cirucci is very strong and has a cunning mind, but she also fights with an air of grace and an aristocratic bearing. She backs up her skill at fighting with several skills completely unrelated to combat. When Nemo first came to her, teaching her to act with grace and to be a perfect servant was the first thing that Cirucci did, before teaching her any of the combat skills she'd need to defeat Findorr.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: A custom job even. The first thing she had Nemo do was to assist Las Noches' tailor in making her uniform. Unlike in the show, however, Cirucci wears no underskirt armour as Nemo accidentally discovers.
- Evolving Weapon: Cirucci's zanpakuto, Golondrina, gets bigger and more ornate as she grows in power, and eventually evolves into Golondrina Ascendente, which when released gives Cirucci a Resurreccion far more powerful than her old one.
- Hour of Power: Her greatest limitation is that she can only maintain her powerful Resurrección for thirty seconds. After that she runs out of power and is left near helpless.
- I Have Many Names: Cirucci Sanderwicci/Thunderwitch, the Pillar Witch-Princess of the Thunder-Yo-Yo.
- Love Redeems: An unusually mutual version of this. She comes to realise the importance of compassion in general through her love of Nemo.
- Noble Demon: While she considers deceit and treachery valid tactics, she refrained from attacking an opponent suffering from a seizure and considers harming bystanders beneath her dignity.
- Super Mode: Every arrancar has a Resurrección, but Cirucci's is uncommonly powerful. She's plenty strong in her regular form but in Resurrección she briefly becomes one of the most powerful being in Hueco Mundo.
- Took a Level in Badass: As a PC ally she benefited from a steady drip of exp, enabling her to ascend to become one of the most powerful Arrancars in Las Noches. In-universe this was justified as her being one of the first Arrancar to start actually training combined with the effects of the King's Tooth Nemo took with her.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Becomes far less malicious, self-centred, and selfish over the course of the quest.
- Weather Manipulation: When Cirucci returned to Las Noches after she visited the Hollow graveyard where she battled Centimanus, she unlocked Dominio. Through singing she may control the weather, call upon wind, make clouds appear in Hueco Mundo, and even cause rain.
- Whip It Good: Her weapon remains essentially a whip with a bladed wheel on the end.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Jackelton is possibly the only arrancar who's even nicer than Nemo and after Ruddborne's death, Nemo makes him a new black uniform for him to wear. It's a stark different to the primarily white uniform of the far more ruthless and cruel Ruddborne who Jackelton succeeds.
- Mook Maker: Nemo used La Marana to create a uniform for Jackelton that allows him to create Calaveras.
- Original Character: Jackelton is an original character that first appeared in Tempera's "struck mute" sidestory that Omicron later made canon.
- The Faceless: Jackelton has a completely whole Hollow mask, resembling a jackal.
Fracciones and Numeros
Although Alphonse Lemezzier is a Numero on paper, he holds an important position in Las Noches, for he is its tailor. All Arrancar uniforms are of his design and make, following suggestions from his superiors.
His zanpakuto is Alta Cosura. It transforms him into a large insectile creature, half-spider and half-wasp.
- Fashion Designer: Skilled in the art of La Maraña, and the one who taugt it to Nemo.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Immensely skilled at the arts of La Maraña, capable of creating powerful items from objects infused with sufficient Reishi.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: His Resurrection grows a number of extra arms.
- Non-Action Guy: Despite being having decent spiritual pressure, he is very much not a fighter. even before he broke his mask he earned food by selling the webs his hollow form could spin.
- Old Master: At least compared to Nemo. While he is very skilled at La Maraña he considers himself a journeyman compared to the mysterious being who taught him.
- Punch-Clock Villain: He joined aizen for a chance to further his understanding of La Maraña and feels little loyalty to him beyond that.
- To Be a Master: His driving goal to fully master La Maraña
- You Didn't Ask: The reasons he hadn't made powerful gear for the Espada is that they simply haven't thought to ask him to do so.
Shawlong KoufangShawlong Koufang is the 11th Numero and one of Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez's Fracciones.
His Zanpakuto, Tijireta, is a standard katana with a guard shaped like to oval with a gap going down the middle and hollow corners. It gives him an earwig motif with razor-sharp claws.
Nakeem GrindinaNakeem Grindina is the 14th Numero and one of Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez's Fracciones.
Ilford GranzIlford Granz is the 15th Numero and one of Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez's Fracciones.
His Zanpakuto, Del Toro, is a standard katana with a diamond-shaped guard. It transforms him into a bull with enhanced physical strength.
Elyssa GarzalinaElyssa Garzalina is the 44th Numero.
Her Zanpakuto, Ardeidae, is a rapier.
Emilou AppaciEmilou Appaci is the 54th Numero and one of Tier Harribel's three Fracciones.
Her Zanpakuto, Cierva, are the collars that she wears around her wrists. When drawn, her zanpakuto takes the form of a pair of chakrams with three blades. It gives her stag-like features.
- Functional Magic: Along with Cyan Sung-Sun and Franceska Mila Rose, Apacci is capable of using a kind of Hollow magic called Brujeria, which translates literally to "Witchcraft".
Franceska Mila RoseFranceska Mila Rose is the 55th Numero and one of Tier Harribel's three Fracciones.
Her Zanpakuto, Leona, is a broadsword. It transforms her into an Amazon-warrior with lion features.
- Functional Magic: Along with Emilou Appaci and Cyan Sung-Sun, Mila Rose is capable of using a kind of Hollow magic called Brujeria, which translates literally to "Witchcraft".
Cyan Sung-SunCyan Sung-Sun is the 56th Numero and one of Tier Harribel's three Fracciones.
Her Zanpakuto, Anaconda, is a sai. It transforms her into a naga.
- Functional Magic: Along with Emilou Appaci and Franceska Mila Rose, Sung-Sun is capable of using a kind of Hollow magic called Brujeria, which translates literally to "Witchcraft".
Esmeralda is the 57th Numero and the former medic of Las Noches. Esmeralda is a base Hollow that Sosuke Aizen turned into an Arrancar and one of his early experiments in customising the transformation process. Aizen removed Esmeralda's ability to sense spiritual pressure and forged a reiatsu carapace around her to keep her from feeling the negative effects of spiritual pressure.
Luppi Antenor is the 76th Numero and one of the most recently-created Arrancars in Las Noches. His power is enough to warrant a spot among the Espada, but he has been denied this position following Yammy Llargo's demise. He entered a fragile alliance with Cirucci vowing to help her remove another of the current Espada so she could ascend beyond her rank and he could take her seat.
- Battle Aura: Luppi's spiritual pressure frays at the bonds that hold people together, diminishing their ability to work as a team. There are limits to this, however. When he fought the twins Yin and Yang, it was completely ineffective due to the sheer strength of their bond.
- Big Damn Heroes: Cirucci, Luppi, and the Tres Bestias serve in this role on the day of the Exequias contest to save Nemo.
- Evil Cannot ComprehendGood: Luppi has a difficult time understanding the trust and love that Cirucci, Nemo, and those in their circle share for each other. To this end, he decided to become Cirucci's Fraccion so he could gain comprehension.
- Troll: He enjoys winding people up. In fact, this is how he perpetuates his worldview, as he will provoke others enough that they would betray themselves by striking the first blow, expecting him to eventually betray them when in reality he would never actually do so. After that, he would defeat them, mock them with the fact that he would've remained loyal had they trusted him and not ultimately be the ones to betray, and kill them.
- Unreliable Expositor: He likes to tell stories, but the validity of the stories and the details within them are very much a matter of debate given who Luppi is, something that he himself is known to make mention of.
- Eaten Alive: Mantis starved, went mad, and ate himself when Barragan Louisenbairn used his powers to cause him to experience a thousand years in the blink of an eye.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Mantis and Nemo. Despite being giant insect monsters, the two formed a close friendship and hunted together, using team-work and traps to take down other hollows.
- Trap Master: