In-progress page for the cast of now-cancelled reality show 19 Kids & Counting.
James Robert "Jim-Bob" DuggarThe patriarch of the Duggar clan. A real estate agent and former Arkansas state representative.
- Jerkass: He blatantly doesn't like anything that's outside of their lifestyle. He also makes fun of other cultures, and he didn't take time to learn some basic Spanish when he and the family traveled to El Salvador. And lets not forget his Papa Wolf status towards his daughters, and his very sexist views on women.
Michelle Annette Duggar (née Ruark)Jim-Bob's wife and mother to the 19 kids.
Tropes applying to all the kids in general:
- Massive Numbered Siblings: there are 19 children, what more explanation do you need?
- Theme Naming: they all have names beginning with the letter "J".
Joshua James "Josh"The eldest of the titular 19 Kids. He is married to Anna Keller Duggar, and they have five children together: Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Meredith, and Mason.
- Jerkass: Seems to enjoy making his wife uncomfortable, he even stated this in an episode where he made Anna go on a ferris wheel, knowing very well that Anna hates heights.
- Never Live It Down: The disgusting revel that he molested his sisters, and being unfaithful to Anna.
- Theme Naming: Followed in his parents' footsteps in giving his kids names starting with the same letter. However, he and Anna chose to go with the letter M.
- Your Cheating Heart: What he is best known for now, thanks to the Ashley Madison hack.
Jana MarieThe second child out of 19, and twin to John-David.
- Hidden Depths: She is really good at painting/drawing.
- Promotion to Parent: This is Taken Up To Eleven. It's shown she runs the household, and even knows things about it that Jim Bob doesn't, like the internet block password among other things.
- The Unfavorite: Seems to be this umong the older girls, as she's almost 30, still living at home after her much younger sisters were married off, leaving her to take care of her siblings by herself.
John-DavidThe third child of 19, and twin to Jana.
- Deadpan Snarker: He seems pretty snarky in the more recent episodes. Especially during Joy's wedding episode.
- The Quiet One: He spends rather little time on camera and is quiet whenever he appears. He doesn't talk very much and like Jana, seems very reserved.
Jill Michelle Dillard
- Daddy's Girl
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: As a grown women in her mid 20s, she was still seen wearing flowers in her hair, as well as decorative hairbands.
- Extreme Doormat: Seems to be following in Michelle's footsteps, and constantly nodds and agrees with whatever Derick is saying.
- Genki Girl
- Parental Favoritism: She's obviously Jim Bob's favorite, as she's more than willing to help raise her younger siblings.
- Promotion to Parent: Like the rest of her sisters, she is forced into raising her younger siblings.
Jessa Lauren Seewald
- Extreme Doormat: Surprisingly averted. She's not afraid to state her opinion, and she and Ben seem to be a good team.
- Promotion to Parent: She was this so much so that she was the one getting the younger kids to do their homework, instead of Jim Bob or Michelle.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: She and Jana don't seem to get along due to Jessa's bold personality.
- Those Two Guys: Inverted with her and Jinger, who are best friends.
Jinger Nicole Duggar-Vuolo
- Black Sheep: Now since she's married, she wears pants, tank tops, and short skirts, and shorts. She also moved away as soon as she tied the knot, and waited after a full year of marriage to become pregnant. Unlike the rest of her sisters.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Sort of. While Jeremy obviously was fundie enough to marry her, he seems more liberal than the Duggars, by letting Jinger wear pants, and shorts.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: To the point where fans created a website called "Free Jinger". After she married Jeremy Vuolo, she escaped Jim Bob's cult, most notably when she posted pictures of her wearing pants (it's a cardinal sin in the Duggar household for females to wear pants)!
- My Nayme Is: Her name is pronounced like Ginger.
- Those Two Guys: Inverted with her and Jessa, who seem to be inseparable.
- Your Tradition Is Not Mine: She wears pants, tanks, and shorts, and waited after a full year of marriage to have a baby.
- Big Brother Instinct: He along with the rest of his brothers (minus Josh), seem to be protective over Joy-Anna.
- The Quiet One: More so in the eariler seasons of 19KAC, but this has been averted in the more recent episodes focusing on his relationship with Kendra.
- Big Brother Instinct: He is shown to be protective of Joy-Anna, especially during the episodes that focus on her relationship with Austin.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She has known her now husband Austin Forsyth, for over 15 years.
- Girliness Upgrade: In the later seasons after she hit puberty, she (somewhat begrudgingly) shed her tomboy look and seemed forced to become more lady like.
- Still with her "upgrade", you can tell she doesn't like her new image, and prefers her tomboy look.
- I Have Brothers: She's the only girl in the middle of two older brothers and six younger. She uses this as an excuse as the reason for her Tomboy status.
- Love Makes You Dumb: She used to be really assertive, but ever since she started a relationship she became really indescesive, and likes for Austin to make her decesions for her.
- One of the Boys: With two older brothers, and six younger ones, she didn't really fit in with the four oldest or youngest girls. This was until she got older.
- Perpetual Frowner: She isn't known as "Joyless Anna" for no reason.
- Tomboy: She used to be this before puberty hit and she was encouraged to be more ladylike.
- Big Brother Instinct: Inverted with him being younger than Joy, but was willing to go out and "save" her when there was a bear outside while they were camping.
Johannah FaithTomboy: Due to her having nine older brothers, and six directly above her, it's no wonder why she's a tomboy.
- Out of Focus: Jennifer and Jordyn are sometimes referred to as the "lost girls".
- Shrinking Violet: She seems to be really quiet, and shy compared to Johannah.
- Out of Focus: Jennifer and Jordyn are sometimes referred to as the "lost girls".
- The Unfavorite: Due to Josie being born prematurely and needing a lot of attention, Michelle barely spent time with Jordyn as a baby and rarely if ever interacts with her while she showers Josie with attention.
Anna Renée Duggar (née Keller)Josh Duggar's wife and mother of their four children. She has seven siblings who she seems quite close to off-camera.
- Extreme Doormat: She's staying with Josh not only after it was revealed that he molested his younger sisters, but also when she learned that he cheated on her.
Derick Michael DillardJill's husband and father of their son Israel David.
Jerkass: He insulted Jazz Jennings on Twitter, which resulted in him and Jill being removed from the show, and continued to mock other TLC shows, ultimately making his Twitter private.
- Never Live It Down: His remarks about Jazz Jennings, and Nate and Jeremiah from Nate And Jeremiah By Design.
Benjamin Michael SeewaldJessa's husband and father of their son, Spurgeon Elliot. Like his wife he is a bit...polarizing with his views of Catholics.
Jeremy Joseph VuoloJinger's husband, a former American soccer player from Texas.
- Only Sane Man: He seems to be the most "normal" out of all the husbands. I.e "allowing" Jinger to wear what she pleases, including pants!
Kendra Caldwell DuggarJoseph's wife, and the daughter of Pastor Caldwell.
- Daddy's Girl: She's extremely close with Pastor Caldwell.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: What was the one requirement for her wedding dress? It had to be sparkly.
- Genki Girl: She gets excited really easily, and is never seen with a frown.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair, and is very nice.
- Most Annoying Sound: To some, it could seem quite jarring to see an 18 year old bride giggle.
Amy Rachelle King (née Duggar)The "rebellious" cousin, and daughter of Jim Bob's sister Deanna. She's actually a fairly normal young woman from Arkansas who wears jeans and listens to rock music, which are no-nos in the very strict brand of Christianity her uncle, aunt, and cousins adhere to.
- Black Sheep: She wears jeans, listens to rock music, and goes on dates without chaperones. According to Josiah in an earlier episode, even though she's "different", they still like her.
- Odd Ball In The Series
- Your Tradation Is Not Mine