The main cast of Nine And Zero 2. Be warned: Spoilers may abound.
A 24-year old performing magician (though she prefers the term 'witch') who acts calm and composed but is really very easygoing and friendly.
- Adorkable: Manage to break down her calm exterior, and she fits this trope perfectly.
- Purple Eyes
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Tries to be this. And fails.
- Not So Stoic
- Shipper on Deck: For Aki and Ari.
- Cute Witch
- Cuteness Proximity: "Squishy! Squishy squishy squishy!"
- Cuteness Overload: As you can guess from the above trope, she has a habit of doing this.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: Has a cross necklace. Seems to enjoy fiddling with it when bored.
- Dissonant Serenity: After killing Minerva with Ari.
- Empty Eyes: One of her most recognisable traits. Also, she never blinks.
- Magicians Are Wizards
- Noblewoman Thief: She'd like to believe she's this.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Of the three days before she was kidnapped. All she can remember was she discovered 'true magic' during it.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Goddess of this, basically.
- Sufficiently Advanced Technology: Discussed Trope with Aki.
- Turing Test: Also mentioned.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Whenever she's not being Adorkable, expect this trope to be in full effect.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
Akiteru "Aki" Izuki
A 24-year old Japanese boy who works at a technology company. Not much is known about him.
Ari Gaelae/ Tomasi Gaelae
- "This time, no one has to die!"
A returning player from NAZ 1. A 29 year old marine biologist and a father of two.
- Cool Old Guy: The oldest character in the game. Survived the previous Nonary Game, and is already acting like an effective leader of the group.
- The Fool
- Friend to All Living Things: He is exceedingly good with animals, though he mentions an extreme affinity for the watery kind. Since the last Nonary game he has gotten his degree in marine biology.
- Happily Failed Suicide: Ari, after basically seeing his closest friend die/dead twice over and (nearly) left with a loaded gun.
- Implausible Hair Color: Ari is black with blond hair.
- Men Can't Keep House: Inverted. Ari takes care of his home and his two daughters all on his own. With some occasional help from his own parents.
- He's had experience keeping up a house single-handedly before, so this came naturally to him.
- Race Fetish: It has been mentioned by Word of God that he fetishizes Asians.
- Shipper on Deck: For Marianne and Asteria.
- Trauma Conga Line: From being a player in the first NAZ game to things yet to be revealed. Ari has had a hard life.
- A known return player, in the first lobby session admits to Marianne and Olivier that in the first NAZ game he died possibly dozens of times. And that the deaths hurt like they were real. And that he had to repeat some exact same deaths over and over.
- Not only that, but as a return player he remembers watching his friends die over and over in the first NAZ game, only to have to return and watch a whole new crew go through the same.
- Revealed in the first NAZ game he had two children at 20 years old. And he had to endure a long custody battle to keep them.
- It's hinted in the first lobby session that a doctor named Xavier may have something to do with his issues.
- One of the sharks Ari worked closely with is named Toothless, she was the one who created a terrible, ugly scar on his left forearm.. Ari still works with Toothless to this day though.
- Found his best friend dead and hung on the wall by a sword. And later watches a video where Grey shoots himself in the head.
- Unwitting Pawn: Ari states, without too much detail, that he was played by the GMs to murder the other players in the first Nonary game.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Kills Minerva in first timeline to protect the group.
A returning player from Nine and Zero 1, a mysterious 20 year old girl who wears a large amount of jewellery and is skilled at tarot reading, action RPGs, and fitting into small spaces.
- The Ditz: A given. It's Asteria, after all!
- Waif Prophet
- Mysterious Waif: Although not quite as mysterious this time.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Guess who has amnesia again for the second game now?
- Awesome Mc Coolname: And, once again, it's her real name. Even though this was explained as the name she chose after suffering from amnesia in the past.
A gothic fashion-wearing girl who acts rather brash and headstrong, but is surprisingly talented.
- A-Cup Angst
- Hot-Blooded: Holy shit.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Even if it is an alias.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: On her *knees.*
A boxer girl who seems to be somewhat narcissistic. She seems to view murder as simply a way to get ahead, and happily kills off three characters in the first round of the Ambidex Game. She also seems to *enjoy* it.
- Closet Geek: Well, more like Closet Occidental Otaku.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Terrified of the supernatural.
- Murder Is the Best Solution
- Spanner in the Works: They had all chosen to ally, too...
Third-wheeling thirsty guy.
A rather fancily-dressed man who likes gothic fashion and poems.
- Badass Bookworm
- Badass Cape
- Classy Cravat: The perfect accent to any richkid attire.
- Cultured Badass
- Declaration of Protection: During the last room of timeline 1 Olivier expresses regret that he could not protect a woman named Ophelia.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Even though Tomasi's friendship was rejected by Olivier over and over, Tomasi still persisted in being nice to Olivier from afar. Respecting Olivier's wishes of 'not helping me anymore'. And during the final room when they all could have died with one wrong move and Olivier learned of Tomasi's past, he proclaims that he will not let Tomasi be alone anymore. And if they die, they die together. Tomasi was so happy he nearly sobbed.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Friendless Background
- Hates Small Talk
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Nice Hat: The most recognizable trait about him. His hat is very, very nice indeed.
- Parental Neglect: Olivier's parents were never around and their only attempt to compensate for their absence consisted of lavish gifts.
- Purple Eyes
- Skilled, but Naïve: Hours spent in your room alone may result in enhanced skills, but real-life experience may be considerably lacking.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality:
- Evident when Olivier was initially too cautious to get associated with the other players, but when Ari took an interest in a book Olivier was reading containing poems, Olivier came right out and recited one of his favorites and empathized with Ari and Marianne's interpretations.
- Though he makes it very clear to Ari he has no desire to be friends, he refuses to leave Ari alone when emotionally compromised with a gun and possibly saved Ari from taking his own life after watching a video of Grey shoot himself, after seeing his dead body. While Asteria and Marianne leave the room as soon as Ari asked.
Hermit GM/IXOne of the two new GMs in charge of the game.
- Big Bad
- Ambiguous Gender: Obviously.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Constantly.
- Meaningful Name: 'IX' is the roman numerals for the number 9.
- Lampshade Hanging: Does this hilariously often.
- Faux Affably Evil: Acts nice and friendly at first... then slams one of Asteria's and Ari's Bezerk Buttons each within the first area.
- Expy: Of raocow and Damon Gant.
- Catchphrase: Is fond of accusing others of being an Expy.
- Mission Control
- Mission Control Is Off Its Meds
Cheery GM / Vi
The same old Cheery GM as last time, except... not.
- Meaningful Name: 'VI' is the roman numerals for the number 6 - possibly a reflection to the fact that the original Cheery GM was controlled by Eve, who had a crush on Grey, player 6. However, Vi has stated that they hate Eve, and barely responds when Grey's corpse is found.
- Mission Control
????? GM/ ???
A third GM hits the scene, replacing Cheery GM/Vi.
The CouchA mysterious, possibly diabolical figure in the Nonary Game. Stalks the players everywhere, silently.
- Big Bad / Bigger Bad: If it really is the true Zero.
- Playing with Puppets: Views the other players as it's playthings.
- Super-Persistent Predator: Constantly chasing the players.
- Surrounded by Idiots: At least that's how he sees it.
- Jump Scare: JESUS CHRIST IT'S IN THE FIRST LOBBY.
- Ascended Meme: Originally accused to be Zero in a gag post, it now has its own spot on the TV Tropes page!
- Couch has been confirmed for NAZ 2.
ZeroThe main antagonist of the game, just as in the source material. And just as usual, one of them is the mastermind.
- Bigger Bad / The Man Behind the Man
- Gas Mask, Longcoat: Obviously.
- Expy: Of Zero. Does this bear saying?
Grey LeuchteA 20 year old (biologically) clone boy, and the closest thing to a 'protagonist' Nine and Zero 1 had. He returns for the second game as a corpse. Except just kidding - somehow he's managed to bring himself back as an AI.
- Determinator: In the first game. And in this game, too. Revives himself as an AI, hacks into the Nonary Game's systems and manages to impart information to the players before having his connection cut.
- Jump Scare
- Fan Nickname: Robo-Jesus. So, of course, his death method is crucifixion.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
- Posthumous Character: Except not really. Kind of. It's confusing.
- Purple Eyes: His most recognisable character trait. OH GOD THEY'RE GOUGED OUT WHAT THE FUCK
- Hope Spot: Tries to reveal important information to the players, but barely manages to give any out before being shut down again.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome
- Previous Player-Character Cameo: As a dead corpse.
- Eye Scream: His eye had a memory chip that acted as a way to keep him alive after death. His eye was torn out, and the chip destroyed.
- Rule of Symbolism: Of course 'robo-jesus' would be crucified.
- Walking Spoiler: Just look at his page!