Main Branch: First Wave | Second Wave | Gamers | Seeds | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | Indonesia | Korea
Nijisanji EN: LazuLight | OBSYDIA | Ethyria | Luxiem | Noctyx | ILUNA
Miscellaneous: India | VirtuaReal | Other
After the debut of Noctyx, ANYCOLOR once again opened auditions for English-speaking talent. The sixth wave, ILUNA, was selected from these auditions and debuted in July 2022. The largest Nijisanji EN wave to date, ILUNA is the first wave of the branch include both men and women livers.
Easily influenced by her surroundings, her actions are often strange, but she means well."
Birthday: December 7
Languages spoken: English, Japanese, (Mandarin) Chinese
Social Media: Twitter
Age: "Dolls don't age"note
Height: 152 cm
- Alliterative Name: Maria Marionette.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: She has heart-shaped Idiot Hair to go along with the heart patches on her jacket and bowtie.
- "Aww"-choo: As many of her chat members would agree, Maria has an absolutely adorable sneeze.
- Become a Real Boy: She is a doll that somehow became a human. Her catchphrase in Iluna's introduction trailer is "I'm a real girl now!".
- Blatant Lies: She refers to her missed bullets in first-person shooter games as "warning shots", suggesting that she missed on purpose even though she obviously didn't.
- Chuunibyou: She is literally stated to be such in her debut teaser.
- Eye Scream: As a doll, Maria's owner dropped her and caused her left eye to break; her eyepatch was created to cover this up. Her eye is apparently fine as a human, but she still wears the patch to contain her eye's power.
- Land Down Under: She's Australian like Luca, Sonny, and Ren.
- Perpetual Smiler: Maria's model has the exact same range of emotions as Rosemi's, including the trademark beaming smile.
- Suddenly Shouting: Eight hours into her Getting Over It stream, she is startled by Bennett Foddy's narration and lets out an absolutely terrifying scream:Maria: We have come so far! Eight and a half hours! This is the final stretch! Let's hope...not to mess up...Bennett Foddy: Now you've conquered the ice cliff...Maria: SHUT UP BENNETT!! UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
- Third-Person Person: She occasionally refers to herself in the third person.
His primary goal in life is to always have fun and make others laugh."
Birthday: December 29
Languages spoken: English
Social Media: Twitter
Height: 160 cm
- The Ageless: He says that after gaining the moon's blessing, he no longer ages. He does clarify that he isn't completely immortal, though, and can still die from outside means.
- Alliterative Name: Kyo Kaneko.
- Catchphrase: "That's crazy!"
- Cat Smile: He has a regular smile normally; however, when he gives a full beaming smile the corners of his mouth curve to become similar to a cat's.
- Character Tics: He always turns on the audio reverb effect when he wants to emphasize something.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has quite the sardonic sense of humor, especially when paired with livers such as Ren or Luca.
- Cute Little Fangs: Like his Cat Smile, he has small fangs that only appear when he gives a wide smile.
- Delicate and Sickly: His lore video shows him as a chronically ill, lonely boy stuck in the hospital before he was given the moon's blessing and transported to the Iluna academy. Given what he's said on the matter, it's all but stated that this was inspired by his real-life medical struggles.
- Hidden Depths: He once talked about having a liking for painting when he was younger, specifically realism.
- History Repeats: As part of his Pokémon X Nuzlocke, he names a Bulbasaur after Ren, only for the Bulbasaur to faint and, per Nuzlocke rules, be ineligible for the rest of the run. He later catches an Axew that he also names after Ren... that doesn't last 30 minutes before fainting as well. He then decides to bend Nuzlocke rules and sacrifice a different Pokémon instead... only for Ren to die again in the next stream, at which point Kyo gives up.
- Keet: The unit preview describes him as a "cheerful guy", and is very upbeat and mischievous.
- Lunacy: He was bestowed immortality by the moon. So far, it's unknown if the moon's blessing gave him any other abilities.
- Pass the Popcorn: When he sees Aster getting possessive over Ren after the latter mentions his collab with Uki, his only reaction is to crack out the popcorn and indulge in the drama.Kyo: Let's get this telenovela started!
- Running Gag: Associating him with printers due to his color scheme matching the CMYKnote color format.
- Trapped in Another World: The power of the moon pulled him from his world to the world of Iluna; Selen even asks "Where's the truck?" during the debut watch-along in reference to the well-known anime cliche that leads to this trope.
- Tsundere: Directly called such by Ren.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Enna. They frequently enjoy roasting each other back and forth, but it's clear they consider each other friends and appreciate their similar senses of humor.
- Vocal Dissonance: His voice is much deeper than one might expect from his cute, boyish character design. He even lampshades it, saying during the second part of his debut that he "looks like a 12-year-old and sounds like a 40-year-old man".
Her gentle appearance hides a rather mischievous disposition."
Birthday: May 27
Languages spoken: English (fluent), Vietnamese ("struggle bus")
Social Media: Twitter
Height: 158 cm
- Alliterative Name: Aia Amare.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The misbehavior that got her thrown out of heaven apparently included arson, theft, vandalism, fistfights... and excessive rap battling.
- Blind Without 'Em: Invoked; she takes off her glasses when she's had enough of being teased by chat and claims that she can no longer see them.
- Brick Joke: Aia once tweeted that she randomly sends her friends a text containing "straighten your back you cashew shaped bitch" to show that she cares about their posture. A couple of days later, she tweets without any further context: "daily reminder to straighten your back, you cashew shaped bitch".
- Brief Accent Imitation:
- Her Catchphrase, "Hell yeah brother!", is said with a Southern US accent.
- Since she is already an experienced Genshin Impact player, her first Genshin stream sees her playing through the early game while voicing the characters with heavy accents, including a Deep South accent for Paimon, a Valley Girl accent for Amber, and a loud vaguely Cockney/Aussie accent for Lisa.
- She also discusses having to try to emulate Maria's Aussie accent since Maria was too sick to contribute a line to Aia's lore video. As with Lisa, Aia admitted that the result was an accent "that exists nowhere".
- The Bully: Subverted. Aia's lore video portrays her as an absolute terror while residing in Heaven, but she is polite and cordial in her actual streams. She did try to play up this trope during ILUNA's Pico Park collab; even then, she paused the collab so that everyone could say something nice about each other, later stated that she apologized for her more extreme comments off-stream, and admitted that the collab is difficult for her to revisit due to her antics. By the end of her first month, she was better known for being a massive bullyable dork than for being a bully herself.
- Commonality Connection: Aia immediately formed a close bond with Scarle thanks to their similar interests, not least of which is a fondness for BL.
- Contralto of Danger: She can temporarily lower her voice pitch to invoke this trope, typically doing so when she's "punishing" chat. This voice would later be dubbed "Miss Amare" before further evolving into a full-on Split Personality.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: She vehemently denies being a dork and frequently tries to prove it to chat... by gushing over Dungeons & Dragons.
- Does Not Like Spam: She heavily dislikes barbecue sauce. This apparently stems from a childhood event where she tried to sneak BBQ packets home only to have them explode in her pockets on the playground, soiling her clothes and covering her with the smell of it.
- Eating the Eye Candy: Aia, on separate occasions, takes an extended look at Kaeya's and Lisa's assets in Genshin Impact before trying to play it off.
- Eloquent in My Native Tongue: Inverted. She states that Vietnamese was actually her first language, but she was sufficiently "Americanized" to the point where English is her dominant language while her Vietnamese is "merely" conversational.
- Eye Beams: She apparently has laser vision, which she threatens to unleash on chat members who call her a dork. Miss Amare does not have laser vision, however, preferring to use a yardstick for punishment.
- Fallen Angel: She was kicked out of Heaven and sent to Iluna Academy due to a track record of bad behavior.
- Harem Seeker: One of the goals she listed at debut was to "acquire more maidens". Maidens being a gender-neutral term to Aia, of course.
- Hidden Buxom: Underneath her large chest bow and braid, she's actually got quite the rack.
- Hopeless with Tech: She admits that she's not very good with technology, as heaven does not have the same level of technology as Earth.
- Insistent Terminology: She might admit to being a "goober", but vehemently denies being a "dork".
- Just Got Out of Jail: She gets out of the prison predicament at the end of her lore video, but still has to deal with her bothersome parole officer Jerry.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: While generally calm and respectful in her solo streams, she leans heavily into this trope in ILUNA's chaotic Pico Park collab, being incredibly loud and foul-mouthed.
- Meaningful Name: Played for laughs in her debut. She states that "Aia" means ruler and "Amare" means love, so she is now "the ruler of your heart"...and immediately cringes.
- Motherly Side Plait: She calls attention to the "Dead Anime Mom Hair" trope during her debut, since her hair is styled in a similar manner. She states that she doesn't see herself as a "mommy", however, and would prefer to be seen as a "big sister".
- Motor Mouth: She admits that she is prone to talking extremely quickly.
- She is well aware that she has the slowest-growing channel in ILUNA and has openly acknowledged some of the criticisms of her content. While not exactly pleased with her numbers, she states that she loves her community all the same and is willing to joke about the silver linings of being a relatively small group.
- During her ahoge-rating stream, she admits that she is not even close to having one and refers to the crown of her head as an "egg".
- Split Personality: So far there's Aia who speaks with a higher-pitched voice, her Sexier Alter Ego Ms. Amare who speaks with a deeper voice, and her shy, sentient hand asset Hand-kun who speaks with a raspy voice.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Played for laughs with Hand-kun. During a drawing stream, she pulled her model off of the screen for a brief minute but forgot to remove the asset of her arm holding a pen, leading to jokes about the hand being sentient. This took a life of its own, with Hand-kun being considered their own character who chat declares as their favorite, causing Aia to become flustered and jealous. Eventually, Aia gets fed up and "takes him out" off-screen.
- The Stinger: Aia has a contingent of fans that stick around during her "stream ending" screen, so she has made a habit of playing peek-a-boo and/or making one final comment during the closing card.
His memories are faint, but his wish to spread happiness across the universe remains strong."
Birthday: September 25
Languages spoken: English, Japanese (learning), "Grill?"
Illustrator: Amaichi Esora
Social Media: Twitter
Height: 170 cm
- The Ace: Like Shu before him, Aster is stated to be excellent at working with tech and is the go-to for other members of ILUNA having computer issues.
- Affectionate Nickname: Yugo calls him "little star", as do some of his fans.
- Alliterative Name: Aster Arcadia.
- Animation Bump: His lore video was done by Studio Yuraki, and would definitely look like something out of an actual anime.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Astra Celestia, his female counterpart.
- Berserk Button: Downplayed. Aster confided in his debut that flicking his Idiot Hair is a surefire way to annoy him.
- Cosmic Motifs: Being that he's a celestial being, he has a lot of star and nova motifs.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Played for Laughs. Aster really doesnt take it too kindly when Ren is with Uki, let alone when he mentions him.
- Crossdressing Voices: Like Luca, he can speak Grill.
- Cuddle Bug: Seems to be heading in this direction; he eagerly offered his chat a hug during his debut, and one of his teaser shorts shows him giving the viewers a kiss.
- Does Not Like Spam: Absolutely despises onions, enough that he mosiac-censors them on his debut slides.
- Time Abyss: Given that he's a living star, his age is in the millions, despite claiming to be "young" for his kind, and he expects to live "a few billion years".
- Verbal Tic: Aster has a few of these. He has a very slight lisp, softens Ls to Ws when he's excited, and pronounces "cute" as "cyute" most of the time. The latter two are also reflected in how he types.
- Voice of the Legion: Whenever hes jealous, he pulls this out on both his chat and Ren.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He's scared of deep water because, in his words, "you don't know what's down there, it could be Finana for all I know".
Her captivating beauty glows as radiant as her scarlet staff."
Birthday: February 19
Languages spoken: English, Spanish ("little"), Japanese ("little little")
Social Media: Twitter
Age: "...none ya..."
Height: 165 cm
Occupation: 3rd Year Student
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She is open about absolutely loving "toxic anime boys".
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: When she messes something up, she occasionally threatens to harm herself...in The Sims 4.
- Brief Accent Imitation: She frequently cycles between a variety of accents and tones, including a British accent, a baby voice, and a Valley Girl accent.
- "I'm not drunk!"
- "Thank you for the supa! Mua!"
- "Oh, shitpickles!"
- Celebrity Resemblance: Not physically, but several people have commented that one of the voices she can do sounds very similar to singer Ariana Grande. She denys it.
- Child of Two Worlds: She is part-Mexican and part-Filipina.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She can get incredibly goofy and silly, to the point where she has to repeatedly insist that she's not drunk.
- Commonality Connection: Scarle states that she immediately bonded with Aia thanks to their similar interests, not least of which is a fondness for BL.
- Department of Major Vexation: She lists "going to the DMV" as one of her dislikes.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: Scarle admitted that she was initially going for a "mommy" vibe, but dropped it immediately after debut. Although she's shown that she can still do a mommy voice when asked or if she feels like it.
- Gainaxing: Her model's chest has significant jiggle physics.
- Hidden Depths: Much like Selen, she is chatty and very high-energy in solo streams and small collabs but is very quiet in large groups. This is demonstrated in ILUNA's Pico Park collab where she was extremely reserved and generally only spoke up to apologize for her errors.
- Home Nudist: Downplayed; due to how hot it is where she lives, she very frequently streams while shirtless. She wears pants...most of the time.
- Irony: Despite being the Ms. Fanservice of the group and being open about discussing sexual matters, she has never (willingly) gone on a date and has stated that she has little interest in entering romantic relationships.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: She tends to especially say "fuck" quite a bit.
- Ms. Fanservice: She emphasized her figure before and during her debut; in fact, her very first tweet was showing off her thighs.
- Sticky Fingers: Inverted when playing video games; she is extremely averse to taking things from other players. This even includes Apex Legends, where pulling loot from eliminated players is a core mechanic.
- Team Mom: Plays this role to her chat on occasion, dispensing bits of life advice.
- Walking Techbane: Her streams have a much higher-than-average level of scuff; in her first eight days in Nijisanji EN alone, she had her internet lag out during debut, was the last to gain monetization and immediately had two of her video shorts demonitized, broke a toy lie detector, had multiple issues with her VODs, and had her Nintendo Switch take a nasty spill while streaming from it. Scarle and her fans have accepted that it is "part of the experience".
- Workaholic: Scarle has stated that she absolutely loves streaming and has mentioned that she doesn't really care to take a break, despite others' worries about her burning out. In her first months, she streamed essentially every single day, sometimes multiple times per day and often deep into the night in her timezone, all while also juggling time at the ILUNA Institute.
- You're Cute When You're Angry: Her fans have said this to her multiple times, she would however disagree, and says she's an enchantress who will destroy and burn everything.
He has resolved to conquer Earth, using his unique sound."
Birthday: March 25
Languages spoken: English, Japanese (learning)
Illustrator: Aco Arisaka
Social Media: Twitter
Age: "idk" note
Height: 180 cm
- Artistic License Biology: A fairly minor example. Ren attributes his liking for cold weather to the fact that he's cold-blooded, even though cold-blooded animals actually prefer heat.
- Cuddle Bug: Ren is cold-blooded and loves snuggling up to his chat for warmth.
- Cute Little Fangs: Has prominent fangs when he opens his mouth.
- A Dog Named "Cat": Quite literally. He has a dog whom he named Cat due to originally thinking they were a cat (see I Am Not Weasel below).Ren: So now I just have a dog named Cat! And I can't change it, because now I'm emotionally attached! I fucked up. Ah, I messed up big-time.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Getting called, Risotto, a popular rice based dish. Though he's more resigned to the fact that he can't fight it, than angered by it.
- Exposed Extraterrestrials: Downplayed. Ren wears clothes, but he seems to have less of a nudity taboo than the average human, notably not understanding that one's nipples are an unusual topic of conversation at first.
- Fantastic Arousal: According to a conversation he and Yugo had on Twitter, Ren's horns are sensitive.
- Friend to All Living Things: Downplayed. While he won't attract all the animals in the area, Ren does have a way with birds. He's even befriended the birds near where he lives to the point they'll eat out of his hand.
- Healing Factor: The one detail he can divulge to Vox when making a NijiEN power tier list is that the members of Ren's species have the power to regenerate themselves. This alone convinces Vox to consider him as a "Godzilla city-destroying" threat and put him just ahead of Vox himself in the "Very Powerful" tier, hilarious bias of the rest of the list notwithstanding. It also comes in handy when Kyo cuts off his horns.
- Horned Humanoid: He has black, skeletal-like horns on his head. According to him, this is an overall trait of his species.
- Human Aliens: He's an alien prince, though he looks completely human minus his fangs and horns.
- I Am Not Weasel: Non-Talking Animal variant; used to think that dogs were cats and vice versa until Maria eventually corrected him.
- Lyrical Dissonance: Pulls this in "Blue Sugar". It's an upbeat song that practically demands to be danced to, but when asked about the meaning of the lyrics, Ren confirmed it's actually about his struggles with mental illness.
- Proud Warrior Race: Ren was brought up in this sort of culture, and has since disavowed it.
- Ship Tease: He frequently flirts with Aster, to which the latter reacts with either embarrassment or acceptance.
- Ren and Uki also flirt quite a bit, even labeling their first one-on-one collab as a date.
- Troll: Ren single-handedly caused numerous deaths in ILUNA's Pico Park collab. While some of his antics could be chalked up to lag, with he and Maria being Australians connected to a game session hosted in North America, others (such as walking into a button labeled "Don't Push" or trying to stand on a pipe that an enemy constantly emerges from) was very much on purpose.