Warning! The following Character Sheet has unmarked spoilers!
If you do not want to know the identity of the kidnapper, do not read this page.
Nicole is a freshman in a private college in Florida and originally came from California. She entered this university, because it has a great pre-law program. Her main interests and hobbies are fashion, she even has a blog that mostly revolves around those interests, before she expands her repertoire into more general, everyday-life aspects and topics.
Nicole knows about the disappearances that happened on-campus, but overall doesn't care, thinking that she can avoid all trouble if she just watches herself, makes sure to not walk around in the dark and keeps her nose in her study-books. However, she eventually catches the eye of the kidnapper and is given the warning that '[She]'ll be the fourth' victim. Upon getting this message, Nicoles becomes much more involved and starts up her own investigation.
- Amateur Sleuth: When she becomes the next target, Nicole decides to begin investigating the previous cases herself and figure out who is behind this, so she can stop him.
- Brutal Honesty: Has shades and moments of this. More, if the player chooses the brutally honest dialogue options.
- Bystander Syndrome: Nicole overall doesn't care about these disappearances going on. Not until she becomes the next intended target; then she becomes much more interested and tries to get to the bottom of things.
- Character Title: The game is named after her.
- Colorcoded For Your Convenience: Her name during dialogue is colored yellow. She also mentions that yellow is her favorite color.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted. Nicole is pretty intelligent, is often mentioned to be studying and says that she had to live with the 'You don't look the brainy type' comments in school for a long time. Played straight, considering she plays into the kidnapper's hands in the mystery plot.
- The Fashionista: Fashion being one of her hobbies, to the point of blogging about it a lot? Check. Loving to go shopping and looking at new clothes? Check. Her dreamguy would even buy her new clothes whenever she wanted, according to her list of what her preferred type is.
- Gratuitous French: Her Rollr name HautaCouture; a misspelling of the French term Haute Couture.
- Groin Attack: Threatens to do this to Kurt.Nicole: "Don't finish that sentence or I'll hit you in your Madry charms."
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: While she's certainly snarky or deadpan at times, Nicole is overall a very nice young lady.
- Hot Librarian: Kurt says Nicole could totally pull this look off. She's not amused.
- Ironic Name: Her last name. Grave. That's certainly where she could end up with the kidnapper, if she doesn't watch her nose a bit better.
- I Will Wait for You: Says this to Jeff in his True ending, when he turns himself in to the police and to pay for his crimes.
- Last-Name Basis: Calls Kurt 'Madry' when he really annoys her.
- Love Martyr: Definitely heads into this territory when she goes for Jeff. Even when he threatens to rape her, she calls him out on his bluff and never brings it up again. Played straight in his True ending. Otherwise, subverted when she finds out he's the kidnapper.Jeff: I want you to forgive me, Nicole, for everything! And then I want you to come with me, throw away everything to be with me, and I promise to make you happy in exchange! I want to spend more time with you! I want to be there for you no matter what! What I really want, more than anything... I want you to be by my side.Nicole: ...Well, I can't do that, Jeff. I'm sorry.
- Motherly Side Plait: Keeps her hair in a low ponytail, but always has it strung over her right shoulder.
- My God, What Have I Done?: A humorous example, this is her reaction when she gives her number to Kurt for tutoring.Kurt: "Hey, Grave. ...Do you know what you just did?"Nicole: "What? I just gave you my number." (beat) "...I just gave you my number."
- Technicolor Eyes: She has pink eyes in her chibi-sprites, but they seem to be toned down to a more dusty-rose/gray in her regular sprite.
- Too Dumb to Live: Seriously, Nicole? What part of going to a decrepit building, which you suspected to be the kidnapper's hideout, without telling anyone where you were going was a good idea? And what about confronting the kidnapper on your own, instead of calling the police and telling them of the kidnapper's near-future location, so they can arrest him? And doing so without even carrying a weapon, because it might cause people to look at you strangely.
Shares the Anthropology class with Nicole.
Darren is a very shy, almost reclusive person and doesn't have many friends. He prefers to spend his time online, where he finds it easier to communicate with people. He's got a very popular Rollr blog under the name Voix, which Nicole follows and later gets followed by him, in turn.
Darren's preferred parameter is Amity.
- Adorkable: A shy, slighty stuttery academics guy? Gotta love him for it.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: Darren absolutely loves mint ice cream. Nicole even asks him why he likes the taste so much.
- Colorcoded For Your Convenience: Darren's name is colored a deep brown color. So is Voix's, making the connection very obvious.
- Gratuitous French: His Rollr name, 'Voix', is French for Voice.
- Hates Being Touched: He gets really twitchy about it, too.
- Meaningful Name: 'Voix' means Voice; he is using his Rollr account as his 'voice' to make it easier for him to talk to other people.
- No Social Skills: He has them, but overall prefers to think before responding, which takes longer if he doesn't know a person well.
- Real Men Hate Chocolate: He doesn't like chocolate - not when it's the main component in a dish. He finds the taste too overpowering.
- The Reveal: He is actually Voix. Shockingly.
- Shrinking Violet: He starts off as this, but interacting with Nicole slowly allows him to get better.
- Took a Level in Badass: In his True ending, Darren stands up to Jeff and gets into a fight with him, despite knowing that he will most likely come up short.
A Pharmacology student in his second year and an intern with the biology teacher Professor Graver.
Jeff is a very kind, polite and helpful young man and is ready to help anyone whenever he's needed or wanted. At least, that's what he lets everyone believe. He's just acting nice in public, when his real character is much more snarky, rude and sees most people beneath himself. But Jeff says that it's simply his way of getting along in the world. Catching more flies with honey, after all.
After Nicole finds out about Jeff's real personality, he decides to make her his assistant, after she promised to tell nobody that his personality in public was the complete opposite of what he actually was like. As his assistant, he wants Nicole to find certain ingredients that he requires for a chemical solution he wants to create, to add something new to the field of alchemy.
Jeff is the kidnapper and behind the disappearances of the previous three girls. And Nicole is his next target.
His associated parameter is Wit.
- Beneath the Mask: Portrays himself as a delightfully charming, polite and helpful man in public. In reality, he's snarky, rude and often mocks people when he's bored, to entertain himself. Is it any surprise to learn that he's got bigger problems than that?
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Jeff merely puts up a mask of a polite, helpful young man when in public. Nicole finds this out by accident.
- Colorcoded For Your Convenience: The name Jeff is colored orange during dialogue.
- Driven to Suicide: His True ending implies that this was his plan, after letting Nicole run away. But she fortunately tackled him, before he could do anything.
- Ignored Epiphany: In every True ending, except his own. What the other guys say about him, in regards to his psychopathic tendencies and kidnapping women, certainly strike him. But he just chooses to not let it bother him.
- I Am a Monster: He repeatedly tries to tell Nicole to stay away from him, going so far as to threaten to rape her, just so she'll be safe from him. Nicole calls his bluff, though.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: The best way to increase Jeff's affection for Nicole, is to repeatedly challenge him during his 'crazy ideas' or thinking outside of the box, which is beyond his expectations of her.
- Karma Houdini: In the Very Bad ending, Nicole simply becomes his fourth victim, held imprisoned for three days and wakes up in the street, remembering nothing. Subverted, in his own True ending.
- Motor Mouth: Can barely stop himself when he starts to get talking about pharmacology, chemicals and all that fun stuff that they can do to the human body.
- Perpetual Smiler: He rarely ever gets rid of that smile on his face, unless he's really angry. Goes into Slasher Smile territory, when his kidnapper-side is revealed.
- Smug Snake: Remains this in every ending, except his own True one.
- Troubled, but Cute: Jeff is a deranged, sociopathic young man who has kidnapped and drugged three women to date, with no intention of stopping. But he's so good-looking and dangerously charming that it makes one want to stay close to him.
The quarterback of the college's football team, though he's only a freshman. It was quite a feat to become quarterback of the team while only in his first year, but many call him a football genius or prodigy, showing that he really has the skill to back up his talk.
Kurt is at college on a football scholarship, so he needs to keep his grades in the C range, at worst, to keep playing and retain the scholarship. When he fails the first Economics test, he asks Nicole to tutor him, so he can get his grade back up.
Kurt's parameter is Zeal.
- Adorkable: A more athletically-active version, but Kurt has his moments. Less than Darren, though.
- Book Dumb: He doesn't get this whole studying thing very well. Though, when he honestly applies himself to it, he turns out to be quite intelligent.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Kurt certainly flirts around and drops pick-up lines a lot, but he never goes beyond that. Even when, on his route, he's close to kissing Nicole, he stops when he realizes she's not really into it.
- Colorcoded For Your Convenience: Kurt's name is colored light blue when interacting with him.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Whether his hair is naturally blonde or dyed is not revealed.
- Dumb Blonde: Played straight at first, until Kurt shows that he can be intelligent, if he just bothers to properly study.
- Dumb Jock: Played straight, before being subverted. If Kurt really applies himself to his academics, he can get perfect scores.
- Geeky Analogy: Nicole pulls one off with him, when she decides to explain economics like football to him while tutoring, except Nicole doesn't care for football like Kurt does. But can know what she's talking about.
- Lovable Jock: Pretty arrogant about his status and skill as a football player, but he's overall a really nice guy.
- Naked First Impression: Kurt meets Nicole when she walks into the men's locker room. Played with, Kurt is wearing pants and his shoulder pads.
- Shirtless Scene: Nicole first meets Kurt when he's shirtless and a later scene shows him to be sleeping shirtless, too. Merely an Informed Attribute, though, since his sprite is drawn wearing a gray tank top.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: His relationship with Nicole starts out as this, until they get to know each other better and Kurt lays off on the constant flirting a little bit.
Shares some classes with Nicole and is studying criminal justice, so he can one day become a policeman and follow in his father's footsteps.
Ted works at the convenience store, but has a hard time keeping employees around.
He's very serious when it comes to his work.
Ted's preferred parameter is Diligence.
- Berserk Button: Not taking the job at the convenience store seriously or messing up the merchandise on the shelves. He hates it when people do it, especially when Jeff does it, just to bug him.
- Brutal Honesty: Permanently, compared to Nicole. Ted is always honest with his words, even if they sound mean.
- Colorcoded For Your Convenience: His name is colored green.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He can get angry at the drop of a hat. If Nicole romances him, it goes into a red flag territory on 'why would you want a boyfriend like this', but Ted is trying his best to not get angry so fast anymore.
- Innocently Insensitive: Coupled with his brutal honesty, Ted just lacks tact and often says things that hurt other people.Nicole: (after Ted implied that eating a lot of snacks and junk-food would make her gain weight) "...I'm going to ignore that you just said that."Ted: "That I said what?"
- Missing Mom: His mother died of cancer a few years ago.
- Perpetual Frowner: He smiles sometimes, but his profile picture frown is what you'll usually see when interacting with him.
- Sweet Home Alabama: He was born and raised there, before moving to Florida a few years ago. He still retains the accent, which is a dead giveaway.
- Tsundere: A male Type A variation. Usually shows up when Nicole points out how nice he can be.
She's part of the cheerleading squad.
She initially doesn't take Nicole's fear, when she thinks she was followed one night, seriously.