Characters from other franchises
- The King of Fighters: Kyo Kusanagi, Iori, K' and Shermienote .
- Fatal Fury:
- From Original series: Geese Howard, Mai Shiranui, Kim Kaphwan, Tung Fu Rue, Jin Chonrei and Jin Chonshu.
- Fron Garou: Mark of the Wolves: Terry Bogard, Rock Howard and Hotaru Futaba.
- Art of Fighting: Robert Garcia, Mr. Big and Lee Pailong.
- Buriki One: Mr. Karate (older Ryo Sakazaki.)
- Samurai Shodown: Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Genjuro, Shiki and Asura.
- The Last Blade: Kaede, Moriya Minakata, Akari Ichijou and Keiichiro Washizuka.
- Metal Slug: Marco Rossi and Mars People.
- Fu'un Series: King Lion/Shishioh and King Leo/Shin Shishioh.
- Athena: (Goddess) Athena. Also appears in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos.
- King of the Monsters 2: Cyber Woo.
Yuki and Ai are agents of the Federative Government of New Japan, in the NEOGEO World. WAREZ has been planning to conquer the NEOGEO World and Yuki volunteered to investigate. Ai was announced as his backup and he got frustrated with this, because he thought he would have to protect her. They entered the Battle Coliseum, eventually defeating Goodman and stopping WAREZ.
Tropes about Yuki:
- Affectionate Parody: Of the Super Sentai series.
- Asskicking Pose: The "I'm not boy" pose, especifically.
- Badass Bandolier: His watches do the job very well.
- Badass Bureaucrat: A federal agent that kick asses.
- The Cameo: In The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2, Kyo's Normal Outfit-Variation G & H are the 1P and 2P colors of Yuki.
- Catchphrase: Both based on Neo Geo Pocket slogans: "Catch your pocket" and "I'm not boy."
- Curtains Match the Window: Kind of subverted because of his blond locks, but the eyes and the rest of his hair matches.
- The Hero
- Multicolored Hair: Yuki has brown hair with blond locks in the lower parts of it.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Thanks to Hikaru Midorikawa, a guy who really knows about hero stereotypes.
- Power Source: His two watches which provides him of energy power to throw and even transform into other things.
- Primary-Color Champion: White and red with the blue energy from his watches.
- The Protagonist: Along with Ai.
- Red Is Heroic
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Ai's Blue.
- Religious Bruiser:"God is in my fists!"
- Shout-Out: Most of his moves are either directly named after obscure SNK games, puns, or references to the Neo Geo hardware.
- "Mutation Combination" is a reference to Mutation Nation.
- "Fire Suplex Hold" is one to 3 Count Bout/Fire Suplex.
- Timed Power-Up: Yuki has two, one for increased damage and one for increased defense, in both has limited time and shines with a color (red for damage and yellow for defense).
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Yuki can transforms into Duke Edwards from Burning Fight and Atomic Guy from King of the Monsters 2 (the latter with Ai via All Your Powers Combined).
Ai and Yuki are agents of the Federation Government that are sent to investigate WAREZ's intentions. Ai and Yuki enter the tournament and after meeting many friends and enemies, they managed to defeat Goodman and free the world of Neo-Geo from WAREZ's terrible intentions.
Tropes about Ai:
- Action Girl
- Badass Adorable
- Blue Is Heroic
- Breakout Character: Apart of this game, Ai also appears in Days of Memories series and in some SNKP mobile games.
- The Cameo: As Yuki, in The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2, Fio's Normal Outfit-Variation G & H are the 1P and 2P colors of Ai.
- Gamer Girl: Always handling a Neo Geo Pocket with her and playing with it everytime she can.
- Genki Girl: Ai is a cheerful girl.
- Girly Girl: With Girlish Pigtails included.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Loyal Animal Companion: Neo Poke-kun from Neo Geo Pocket's Ganbare Neo Poke-kun, which is also the Mascot of this handheld console.
- Primary-Color Champion: White and Blue with touches of red.
- The Protagonist: Along with Yuki.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Yuki's Red.
- Shout-Out: Like Yuki, most of her moves are named after SNK games.
- Summoning Artifact: Ranging from harmless Tetris-like pieces (a nod to the early Neo Geo game Joy Joy Kid) to summoning SYD-RX (the player ship of Alpha Mission II) as her hyper move.
Mizuchi is a clone of Orochi made by WAREZ. It is unknown how he was exactly created, but it is implied that he possessed a part of Orochi's spirit. The body he possesses is a black-haired boy, believed to not be of Orochi blood. If he is defeated, his body will disintegrate, unable to contain the deity's power any longer. In his ending, the spirit part of the deity merges with its host and releases Orochi in the world again. Mizuchi was a Soul Gaia and he will let them return to nothingness.
Tropes about Mizuchi:
- Artificial Human
- Clones Are People, Too
- Deity of Human Origin: Basically a god created in laboratory.
- Despair Event Horizon: His ending in the game.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: His original form before becomes Mizuchi.
- Expy: Of Orochi, obviously. Also, Mizuchi itself is a japanese deity as Orochi.
- A God Am I
- Humanity Is Infectious/Kill All Humans: Unlike Orochi, who holds at least some regard for humans, Mizuchi loathes them and wants to wipe them from the face of the earth.
- Moveset Clone: Of Orochi, with a few variations.
- Mystical White Hair
- One-Winged Angel: The kid in the intro quickly becomes Mizuchi before the fight starts.
- Orochi: A clone of this god made by WAREZ.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: At least seen in his artwork.
- SNK Boss: Just like the original.
- Superpower Meltdown: If he is defeated, his body will disintegrate, unable to contain the deity's power any longer.
- This Cannot Be!: (Infamously) Yells "ARIEN!" upon being KO'ed, which can be seen as a Killed Mid-Sentence version of the Japanese word "arienai", which translates to "impossible".
- Walking Shirtless Scene
In the world of Neo Geo, a corporation named WAREZ secretly plots to conquer all that is. Goodman is the president of this company, and the one who developed this scheme. He knows that in the world of Neo Geo there are several powerful fighters that could put an end to his ambitions, so he sponsors a tournament to eliminate this threat. He creates Mizuchi, a clone of the deity Orochi, and allies himself with the alien Neo Dio and King Leo.
Tropes about Goodman:
- Ambition Is Evil
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Evil, Inc.: His company WAREZ is this.
- Meaningful Name: The name of the organization that hosts the tournament, WAREZ, is an obvious play on the word warez, as SNK Playmore blames software piracy as one of the contributing factors to its 2001 bankruptcy.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Goodman can summon a gorilla spirit called Saru Ohnote .
- Familiar/Monster Allies: Saru Oh.
- Final Boss: Of the game and representative of WAREZ.
- It Must Be Mine!: In his official profile, Goodman dislikes "anything that doesn't belong to him".
- Mana Shield: Goodman can create a shield made of golden energy.
- Playing with Fire: Goodman has a fire whip that uses to hit and burn the enemy, throw fire powers and control Saru Oh, which also is made of fire.
- SNK Boss
- Take Over the World: The NEOGEO World to be specific.
- Timed Power-Up: Same as Yuki, but only for increased damage, which also affects Saru Oh.
- Whip It Good
- White Hair, Black Heart