Team 7 (Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, Kakashi Hatake) | Team 8 (Hinata Hyuga) | Team 10 | Team Guy | The Legendary Sannin | Hokages | The Uchiha Clan | Other Leaf Village Members | Hidden Sand Village (Gaara) | Hidden Mist Village | Hidden Cloud Village | Hidden Stone Village | Hidden Sound Village (Orochimaru) | Akatsuki (Itachi Uchiha, Tobi, Pain/Nagato) | Madara Uchiha | Other Characters | Hebi/Taka | Tailed Beasts and Their Hosts | Otsutsuki Clan | Anime-Only Characters | Movie-Only Characters | Novel-Only Characters | Game-Only Characters | The New Era
Characters from Naruto
Voiced by: Hideyuki Umezu (JP), Doug Stone (EN)
Amachi is a medical-nin and scientist who was an accomplice of Orochimaru.
- Bastard Understudy: When Orochimaru abandoned the line of research he and Amachi were working on, Amachi decided to finish their work and use it to surpass the snake ninja.
- Breath Weapon: In his Kaima form he can spit torrents of pressurized water.
- Fangs Are Evil: In his Kaima form he has pointed fangs.
- Filler Villain: He's the antagonist of the Kaima Capture Mission filler arc.
- Fish People: He can transform into a fish-like form, and unlike Isaribi his form is "perfect" and more monstrous.
- Flechette Storm: He can fire razor-edged scales in his Kaima form.
- Mad Scientist: He's Orochimaru's understudy, developing a way of creating aquatic ninja.
- One-Winged Angel: His Kaima technique allows him to transform into a fish-man.
- Sinister Schnoz: He has a large, almost bulbous nose in his human form.
- The Starscream: He wants to overthrow Orochimaru using his Kaima research.
- Summon Magic: He can summon a water elemental called the Umibōzu.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: He tells Isaribi that he can turn her back into a human so she'll help him, but during his Evil Gloating to Naruto he says he was going to dissect her - within earshot of her.
Voiced by: Sayaka Aida (JP), Bridget Hoffman (EN)
Isaribi is a citizen of the Land of the Sea. She was a human test subject under the control of Amachi, who in turn used to work for Orochimaru.
- All of the Other Reindeer: The other villagers consider her creepy, gossiping and occasionally harassing her. This attitude passed down to their children, who vandalize her cabin and pelt her with rocks.
- Apparently Human Merfolk: She was turned into one by Orochimaru and Amachi.
- Bandage Babe: She covers her scales with bandages.
- Breath Weapon: In her Kaima form she can spit torrents of pressurized water.
- Broken Bird: She's ostracized and abused because she was the only person who returned from being spirited away to Demon Island, and is seen as a monster as a result.
- Fish People: She can transform into an amphibious form due to Orochimaru's and Amachi's experiments.
- Flawed Prototype: She was Orochimaru's and Amachi's prototype for developing aquatic ninja, but has scales even in her human form and is thus seen as imperfect.
- Fangs Are Evil: In her Kaima form her teeth become pointed fangs, most noticeably seen when she's intimidating the Fire Nation government's soldiers.
- Flechette Storm: She can fire razor-edged scales in her Kaima form.
- HeelFace Turn: She turns against Amachi due to Naruto giving her a What the Hell, Hero? speech, and Amachi admitting he was planning on dissecting her.
- I Am a Monster: She feels her scales make her a monster, but desperately wants to be returned to human form. It takes Naruto giving her a Freakiness Shame to snap her out of it, but she still wants to be returned to human form.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Her motivation for helping Amachi is to be returned to human form, something she's so desperate for that she's willing to assist Amachi in his piracy.
- Kiss of Life: She gives Naruto mouth-to-mouth to save him from drowning.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: She's helping Amachi out of a desperate desire to be returned to human form, due to being bullied and shunned. Naruto empathizes with this and is outraged when Ino and Shino still plan on capturing or killing her after hearing she saved his life.
- Not So Different: She's bullied, shunned, and considered a monster by others. When Naruto tells her he empathizes with her, she snaps that there's no way a human like him could know what it's like to be seen as a monster. When he taps into Kurama's power to fight Amachi, she realizes she was wrong.
- Not So Stoic: She acts emotionless, but is merely suppressing her anger and angst.
- Older Than They Look: She has the same apparent age that she had when Anko was 10, and doesn't look much older than Naruto and co.
- Rapunzel Hair: When Anko first saw her, she had knee-length hair to obscure her nudity, but by the time Naruto meets her it's cut short with a pair of sidetails.
- Red Right Hand: She has patches of scales on the left side of her face, her left arm, and her left leg.
- Shout-Out: To the Deep Ones from The Shadow Over Innsmouth, being a person from a remote fishing village plagued by strange disappearances and a mysterious demonic sea-god, and who can turn into an amphibious fish-like creature.
- Sole Survivor: She is the only person to survive Orochimaru's and Amachi's experiments, leaving her to be shunned by the villagers.
- Super Mode: Orochimaru's and Amachi's experiments on her grant her the ability to turn into an anthropomorphic fish-like creature.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: She slips into this when fighting Naruto, saying she doesn't care how many people she has to kill so long as she can be returned to human form.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She's taken to Konoha by Naruto, Anko, Ino, and Shino in order to see if Tsunade can help her, and is never seen again.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
Voiced By: Hiromichi Kogami (JP), Roger Craig Smith (EN)
Idate Morino (森乃イダテ, Morino Idate) is the younger brother of Ibiki Morino. Former Ninja of Konoha, he was manipulated by Aoi Rokushou to steal The 2nd Hokage's Raijin Sword (Blade of the Thunder Spirit). After Aoi defect to the Hidden Rain Village, Idate is framed for treason and defects from Konoha. Idate joins the Wasabi family after he's adopted by Jirōchō Wasabi, head of the Wasabi family in the Land of Tea.
- FaceHeel Turn: It's not like he wanted to, but unwanted events leads him to that. Defecting was all he could do.
- Hot-Blooded: Not to the extent of Rock Lee, but still.
- Secret Test of Character: Failed one in the tenth question, having chosen to persist even knowing that if he passed, his teammates would fail.
- Took a Level in Badass: Over the course of his filler arc.
- Undying Loyalty: To Jirōchō for believing in him.
- Unwitting Pawn: To Aoi in much the same way Naruto was to Mizuki, with the prize being becoming a Chunin rather than graduating.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: To Ibiki. Unfortunately, Ibiki doesn't approve of Idate's reasons for or dedication to become a ninja.
Characters from Naruto Shippuden
Voiced By: Eri Miyajima (JP), Erin Fitzgerald (EN)
Guren (紅蓮, Guren) is a kunoichi from Otogakure and the female leader of Orochimaru's subordinates. She uses the unique Crystal Release brand of techniques. She wants to be Orochimaru's next body. After Orochimaru found Sasuke, he no longer had any use for Guren until she is called by Orochimaru to escort a boy name Yuukimaru alive to the lake where the Three Tails Sanbi lives.Yuukimaru is young and his body is weak. He fall ill during the trip and starts to grow feelings for Guren. As Yuukimaru can somehow control the Sanbi, Guren is forced to see Kabuto using Yuukimaru's powers to the limit, putting his health in jeopardy. In the end, Guren choose to forget Orochimaru and flee with Yuukimaru in a place where Orochimaru will not be.
- Action Girl: She's capable of going one-on-one with Isobu, the Three-Tails, can simultaneously fight-off Kakashi and Naruto, even while severly exhausted, she can slap Rock Lee around in taijutsu, and even a Smug Snake of Kabuto's caliber acknowledged that she could kill him anytime she wanted to.
- The Atoner: She wants to make up for killing Yuukimaru's mother by taking care of him herself.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Gozu is fiercely loyal to her because she cared for him when Orochimaru was planning to cast him away, and he saves her life in the end.
- The Bus Came Back: Can be seen with Yuukimaru as part of the crowd outside the Leaf village gates in episode 479 of Shippuden.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: She doesn't remember saving Gozu, which earned her his Undying Loyalty. It also takes her awhile to realise she killed Yuukimaru's mother, but when she does, she almost breaks down.
- Co-Dragons: With Kabuto, for Orochimaru.
- Crystal Prison: Her ability is to crystalize anything. This means she can turn people into crystals right down to the cellular level. The only ones known to have escaped from this jutsu are Hinata, who surrounded herself with a protective chakra cloak, the Three-Tails a monster created from chakra, and a breed of Shino's kikaichu, that he specifically bred to fight her, using the hatchlings from a female, that just barely managed to survive first contact with Guren's jutsu.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Over the course of the arc, she gradually warms-up to Yuukimaru.
- Enemy Mine: After she and Naruto are swallowed by Isobu, she works together with him.
- Gemstone Assault: One application of her ability is turning the moisture in the air into snowflake shaped shurikens for a Flechette Storm.
- High-HeelFace Turn: After being fed up by Kabuto's treatment of Yuukimaru.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: As usual for the series, one of her jutsus creates Crystal Dragons.
- Leitmotif: Also called Gurren.
- Logical Weakness: As her jutsu crystalises physical matter, pure energy, such as raw chakra, or Fire and Lightning Release jutsus are not only immune to it, but she's actually weak against them.
- Mama Bear: Becomes one to Yukimaru.
- Morality Pet: Caring for Yuukimaru is the first step on her path to redemption.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When she realize that the woman she killed years ago was Yuukimaru's mother.
- No-Sell: She can do this to pretty much any physical matter used against her, as shown when she casually turns the new Toad Water Gun collaboration jutsu, that Naruto worked-on with Gamatatsu, into crystal, and then into a Crystal Dragon.
- Power at a Price: Similarly to Guy and Lee, she can release two tenketsu points in her body to temporarily gain access to extra chakra, but doing so shortens her life span.
- Power Crystal: She use can create a Crystal Prism that focuses her chakra into a laser beam.
- What the Hell, Hero??: When Naruto calls her out on working for Orochimaru and using Yuukimaru, she attempts one of these, by reversing it to him and Konoha, saying that the village that created a jinchuriki out of the Nine-Tails, has no right to preach against them trying to do the same. Naruto has none of it however, revealing that he is the jinchuriki in question.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Guren has light blue hair.
- You Killed My Father: She killed Yuukimaru's mother, but she never knew who she was, until the end.
Voiced by: Megumi Toyoguchi (JP), Kari Wahlgren (EN)
Hotaru is the pupil of the six-tail host Utakata in the dedicated arc. The latter denies being her master, but taught her a few techniques nonetheless (although some unintentionally ) She has a powerful and dangerous technique sealed inside her. She is deceived by a man named Shiranami, who wants to activate this technique. Utakata saves her, and acknowledges her as his student, before being captured by Pain.
- Broken Pedestal: Shiranami turns out to be completely and utterly evil, and intending to use her to gain access to his technique.
- Forehead of Doom: Just look at the picture.
- Hot for Teacher: She seems to like Utakata more than a little, although it's probably one-sided.
- Instant Expert: Utakata deliberately teaches her a high-level technique from the get-go so that she'll get frustrated enough to give up and leave him alone, but she actually succeeds!
- Ms. Fanservice: Filler or not, she is probably the bustiest girl of the series after Tsunade, and the animators are not affraid to emphasize it. When she bares her back to reveal the technique placed inside her, her cleavage is unsubtle to say the least.
- The Bus Came Back: She makes a cameo (with some lines of dialogue no less) in the Fourth Shinobi World War.
Voiced By: Daisuke Hirakawa (JP), Michael Sinterniklaas (EN)
A young monk at the Temple of Fire, who is endowed with some of the Nine-Tailed Fox's chakra.
- All of the Other Reindeer: None of the other monks like him, and he copes by being as much of a pest as he can. What he doesn't remember is that after he had Kyuubi chakra implanted in him, he lost control and started destroying the temple. The others mistrust him because they're afraid that it will happen again.
- Blow You Away: His chakra type is wind.
- Broken Pedestal: He absolutely adores his father Kazuma, who's a Disappeared Dad. He later discovers that Kazuma was a Knight Templar who turned him into a Pseudo-Jinchuriki with the express purpose of having him destroy Konoha.
- Canon Immigrant: Not Sora himself, but the idea of "Pseudo-Jinchuriki" returns with two brother ninjas who became pseudo-Kyuubi jinchuriki by eating some of the Kyuubi's flesh after it ate them.
- Evil Knockoff: Well, Jerkass knockoff, since he isn't really evil. His father sealed some of the Kyubi's leftover chakra into him, turning him into a 'pseudo-jinchuriki'.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: A minor example. He has one sleeve longer than the other on his monk uniform, along with an asymmetrical haircut.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Most of his Jerkass nature is to compensate for none of the other monks actually trusting him, after he lost control of the Kyuubi's chakra and went on a rampage.
- Jerkass: Incredibly rude to most people, and even has the nerve to try to call Tsunade a hag (and promptly suffers the consequences).
- Not So Different: Like many filler characters, he has a background similar to Naruto's. Unlike many filler characters, he has powers similar to Naruto's.
- One-Winged Angel: The Fox Cloak.
- Power Incontinence: Because he's an incomplete Jinchuriki, he cannot control his powers and goes to Stage 2 when he gets three tails, while Naruto can safely go up to three tails and loses control at four.
- Razor Wind: He has a wind affinity, much like Naruto.
- Red Right Hand: Can transform his arm into a grotesque talon by drawing on the Fox's chakra.
- Synchronization: He feels it when Naruto is being chakra-drained by Fuuka, and when his Kyuubi chakra cloak activates, Naruto's does too.
- Tyke Bomb: The reason he was made into a pseudo-Jinchuriki.
- Walking the Earth: After mellowing out thanks to Naruto freeing him from his pseudo-Jinchuriki state, he decides to start traveling the world and befriending others.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Sora has blueish-grey hair.
The leader of a team of grave robbers, who wishes to bring unity to the Land of Fire, by destroying all competitors to the throne; i.e. the Hokage and the Village Hidden in the Leaves. He was once Asuma's comrade in the Twelve Guardian Shinobi, but instigated a civil war by trying to kill the Hokage. Asuma fought him and presumed him dead.
- Abusive Parents: He's Sora's father, and manipulates him emotionally into going along with his schemes. He also sealed Kyuubi chakra into Sora, which pretty much destroyed his life, just so he could have some approximation of a Jinchuriki under his control.
- Apocalypse How: Wants to cause a Class 0 example by obliterating Konoha with the Limelight jutsu.
- Arc Villain: For the Sora Arc.
- Chess Motifs: Shogi motifs, technically, but it fits. He's always talking about how he and everyone around him are just pawns who have to protect their king or take the opposing king.
- Faux Affably Evil: At first, he's fairly nice to Sora and offers him baked sweet potatoes. But that doesn't stop him from delivering a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown to the kid when he questions their cause (more specifically the necessity of killing every man, woman, and child in Konoha). And he's totally willing to unleash the Kyuubi to further his goals, and to use his own child as a medium to do that.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has a diagonal scar across his face. He got it from his final battle with Asuma.
- Knight Templar: For his ideal of the Fire Nation. He will make the Daimyo the only power in the Land of Fire, even if that means murdering everyone who might possibly have conflicting loyalties.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Has long white hair and is quite evil.
- Zombie Apocalypse: His team starts one in Konoha using the dead bodies of villagers that they killed to distract shinobi from their real operations.
Voiced By: Yū Asakawa (JP), Laura Bailey (EN)A kunoichi and member of a team of grave robbers. She is part of Furido's team, working to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village. Fuuka is capable of using all five elemental styles of jutsu, and stealing her enemy's chakra with a kiss. She really hates it when her hair is messed with.
- Attack Its Weak Point: Her long flowing red hair is her weak point. It is the source of her power, being where she stores all her alternative bodies she has stolen chakra from, and if her hair is cut or damaged in anyway then one or more of her stored bodies will die. When Naruto cuts a small part off in their first fight her body ages drastically and turns to dust, and during their second fight he yanks off a large chunk of her hair, revealing her true ugly form.
- Awkward Kiss: Played With during her first kiss with Naruto. She forces a passionate kiss on him with the intent of killing him. But after several seconds of making out with him she realizes nothing has happened and the two of them awkwardly look into each others eyes while giving confused groans. She quickly realizes Naruto tricked her into kissing one of his Shadow Clones, and since he can feel what his clones feel it is like he tricked her into sharing a real kiss with him.
- Berserk Button: She goes ballistic if anyone cuts or damages her hair in anyway, calling it "her life" and "most important feature." This is actually justified since it is revealed her hair is the source of all her power, since it stores all her alternate bodies she has stolen chakra from.
- Didn't See That Coming: She is clearly surprised, and a bit disappointed, when Naruto actually turns down her offer to share a kiss with her. Shortly afterwards, when she forces a passionate kiss on him, she is briefly confused when nothing happens to him after several seconds of kissing pass, only to realize he outsmarted her by tricking her into kissing a Shadow Clone.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Her reaction to Naruto accidentally cutting a small portion of her hair during their first fight, when he was actually aiming for her face, is to go ballistic and scream that he will pay for it and use a jutsu to turn his legs to stone. Subverted when it turns out this was justified for her since she needs her hair as the source of her power and the very thing keeping her alive.
- Double Entendre: Her flirting is filled with these, hinting at several sexual offers to both lure Naruto in and emphasize her sadistic side. She often talks about how older woman have more experience than young boys like Naruto, or how she wants to teach Naruto "the mysteries of the female body".
- Easily Forgiven: Averted with her flirting towards Naruto. After Naruto cuts her hair she goes ballistic and screams that he will pay for it before using a paralysis jutsu to turn his legs to stone. She seems to immediately calm down and gently tells Naruto it is time for them to finally share a "nice hot kiss" together like she wanted, as if she has suddenly forgiven him for what he has done and simply wants to kiss and make up with him. However, it immediately becomes clear this isn't what she is suggesting when she darkly adds that she'll take his soul as payment for the kiss, before violently grabbing his shoulders to stop him from struggling.
- Elemental Powers: She has all five. She achieves this by switching between bodies with the different elemental traits, using her hair as a Soul Jar.
- Evil Redhead: She has long red hair and is a member of a group planning to destroy the Leaf Village.
- Faux Affably Evil: She seems like a beautiful young woman and speaks gently to Naruto when they first meet, flirting with him and offering him a kiss. However, it is all actually an act and her kisses kill people by draining them of their chakra. When Naruto continues to mess around with her and outsmart her she slowly stops flirting with him and calling him pet names, and reveals a more sadistic side to her.
- Forceful Kiss: After Naruto rejects her offer to share a kiss she tries to force a kiss on him several times. She successfully kisses him three different times, but none of them completely work out for her for various reasons.
- First, she pins him against a wall and claps his cheeks together to force him to pucker up. She passionately makes out with him for a few seconds, but it is revealed she kissed one of his Shadow Clones, which allowed him to survive.
- Though unsuccessful, she later attempts to kiss Naruto again when it seems she has defeated him and knocked him unconscious. After dusting off his face a bit she slowly begins lowering herself on top of him, intending to kiss him while he is unconscious. Before their lips can meet though it is revealed that it is just another Shadow Clone and it disappears only a few inches away from her face like before.
- Second, she immobilizes the real Naruto during their fight and successfully kisses him and begins draining his chakra. After awhile though she absorbs chakra from the Nine-Tails and can't handle it due to it being too "evil" and she shoves Naruto away, returning his chakra to him.
- Third, she knocks out Naruto during their second fight but after calming down remembers he has wind nature chakra and decides to stock up, lowering herself on top of him and kissing him while he's unconscious. She spends too long fantasizing about having his power for herself though and draws out the kiss too long, allowing Naruto to wake up and realize her weakness, and he breaks the kiss before she can get his chakra.
- First, she pins him against a wall and claps his cheeks together to force him to pucker up. She passionately makes out with him for a few seconds, but it is revealed she kissed one of his Shadow Clones, which allowed him to survive.
- Healing Factor: She can survive direct hits from Naruto's Rasengan and heals a scratch Naruto gave her almost instantly. In reality, she's actually just switching between bodies that were hurt, and bodies that weren't. The bodies that she was using when injured stayed injured (or killed in some cases), and she gives away her trick by not using certain combos and switching back to her injured water chakra body during her fight with Naruto.
- Kiss of Death: She can drain chakra from her opponent with a kiss.
- Nobody Touches the Hair: She says it took her years to grow her hair and is very protective of it, calling it her most important feature, or even her very life force. When Naruto accidentally cuts off a small portion of her hair when he was actually aiming for her face, Fuuka goes ballistic and screams that he will pay for it, and when he damages it further during their second fight she screams at him to stop messing up her hair until she knocks him out. It actually turns out that this is a justified reaction for her since it is revealed her hair is a Soul Jar that stores and controls all her alternate bodies she uses for different elemental chakra. Whenever it is damaged even slightly she loses at least one body, thus making her protective of it.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She invades Naruto's personal space a lot throughout their fights, pinning him and touching his face. When the two first meet she even licks his cheek to get a taste of his chakra nature.
- Not Good with Rejection: She is shown to actually be surprised and a bit disappointed when Naruto rejects her offer to share a kiss with him. When she quickly catches up to him she pins him against the wall and tells him that he never refuses a lady and whispers to him that she won't let him escape. She slowly loses patience with Naruto when he continues to avoid her attempts to kiss him.
- Prehensile Hair: When she uses a paralysis jutsu to turn Naruto's legs to stone her hair begins to move in the air on its own like snakes, essentially making her seem like Medusa. Her hair is actually her Soul Jar, which controls the bodies she uses to use different elemental chakra.
- Soul Jar: When she steals chakra via a kiss she is also stealing the body of its owner for herself. The chakra and bodies are all stored and controlled in her hair, thus making her very protective of it.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: She does this after Naruto cuts off a small part of her hair during their first fight, going from calm Tranquil Fury to screaming that he will "PAY FOR IT".
- "Take That!" Kiss: She forces several kisses on Naruto to steal his chakra and mockingly flirts with him during their fights. The biggest example is their second kiss, where after she immobilizes him with a paralysis jutsu she tells him it is time for them to share a "nice hot kiss" and as payment for it she'll take his soul. She then takes a moment to get comfortable with him by cuddling with him, and forcing him to look into her eyes by holding him by his cheeks and chin even as he is visibly sweating with fear. After giggling to herself she leans in and locks lips with Naruto, and has a look of victory present in her eyes the whole time.
- Ironically, Naruto managed to do this to her during their first kiss. After pinning him against a wall Fuuka forces a passionate kiss on him but realizes after several seconds that nothing is happening. Naruto tricked her into kissing one of his Shadow Clones, which not only let him survive but since Naruto can share the experience his clone feels he was able to feel what a kiss with Fuuka was like, essentially stealing a real kiss from her. He then mockingly blows her a kiss and comments that it wasn't bad, much to her anger.
- Terms of Endangerment: She calls Naruto a few pet names while fighting him, like "cutie", "sweetie", or just "boy" or "kid".
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: When she tries to drain Naruto, she finds out the hard way that Bijuu chakra is this.
- Tranquil Fury: After Naruto cuts some of her hair she becomes furious at him, speaking in a low dangerous tone before shouting that he will pay for it. She appears to calm down quickly when she smiles and calmly suggests the two of them should kiss and make up, but it is clear she is still mad when she darkly tells him that as payment for the kiss she'll take his soul and violently grabs his shoulders to stop him from struggling against it.
- The Vamp: She's flirty and likes to kill her victims with a Kiss of Death.
- Villain Ball: She grabs it during her second fight with Naruto. After she knocks him out and has him at her mercy she could have finished him off anyway she wanted to, but upon remembering his chakra is wind natured she decided to kiss him once again to stock up. This does sound fairly reasonable, but two things end up making her fall into this trope:
- One: She already kissed him in her previous fight and tried to drain his chakra, but failed because she ended up absorbing the chakra from the Nine-tails too and could't handle the "evil chakra." Apparently she either forgot about this incident or thought the Fox was just passing through.
- Two: After locking lips with her unconscious enemy she fantasies about having all his incredible power for herself and draws the kiss out longer than usual instead of having the effect begin almost instantly like in their last fight. Because of this, Naruto eventually wakes up during the kiss without her noticing and quickly figures out how to beat her. So her taking her time led to her own defeat and death.
- Villainesses Want Heroes: Subverted; she flirts with Naruto throughout their battles and kisses him several times, but she is not in love with him.
Voice for Yaoki: Takashi Onozuka (JP), Wally Wingert (EN)
Voice for Korobi: Hiroto Torihata (JP), Todd Haberkorn (EN)
From the filler episode "Gaara's Bond" they are two Suna shinobi paired with Gaara for a mission. They're both terrified of him since this takes place very, very recently after his HeelFace Turn and they remember the things he's done. Both of them are puppeteers, though they also can fight hand to hand, as shown when helping fight Gaara's would-be assassins with sticks.
- Heel Realization: Naruto, on the way to help Gaara, calls them out on abandoning their "friend". Korobi quietly questions Yaoki about their actions, and they go back and help Gaara, telling him they're his friends. They also reaffirm the statement at the end of the episode.
- Lovable Coward: Not serious cowardliness, per say, since many Sand Shinobi had been scared of Gaara for years and he'd only recently done a HeelFace Turn as of the time of the episode (and the cowardliness in no way applies to the mission). The loveable part comes after their Heel Realization and they go help Naruto save Gaara.
- Repeat What You Just Said: Gaara says this, and Yaoki quietly apologizes for leaving him to the assassins earlier. Gaara does the "no, before that" and the guys realize what he really wants them to say:Yaoki and Korobi: We're your friends!
- Spanner in the Works: Not hugely, since Naruto was doing most of the work, but them coming back and helping Gaara, while saying he's their friend, clearly unsettled the squad of assassins at least. Their behavior may also have been part of the reason for Gaara's leniency against the people who tried to kill him.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: A very mild version, but the puppets they're carrying are used by the assassin squad against Gaara, and were apparently given to them for that exact purpose since the puppets are perfect suited to trap him. One would of course wonder why the squad wouldn't have carried those themselves (outside of Korobi and Yaoki being closer to Gaara, physically).
Voiced by: Takeharu Onishi (JP), Benjamin Diskin (EN)
Condor is an ostrich that Team 7 was once tasked to retrieving. At some point after Sasuke's defection, Condor escapes again, apparently taking several levels in badass in the process.
- Action Pet: He's an ostrich who taught himself ninjutsu! And he's at least Chunin-level!
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Canon Immigrant: Sort of. So far, he's one of the only filler character to later show up in a canon arc, but only in the anime.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivers one to Kotetsu until Izumo shows up.
- Feathered Fiend: Type D.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He wears three pink ribbons on his neck.
- The Rival: Considers himself to be one to Naruto.
- Talking Animal: Also taught himself how to talk.
- Took a Level in Badass: In between his first and second appearances.
Voiced by: Masayuki Omoro (JP)
A character from the Chikara (Power) arc, Disonasu is an elderly man and the leader of Hachō Village, providing relief efforts to the survivors of the Tonika Village massacre, he is later revealed to be the Big Bad of the arc and the one behind the massacre in the first place. He is revealed to have been a Serial Killer who once worked for the Akatsuki and studied under Orochimaru, and who murdered and replaced the previous chief in order to activate the Ama no Hoko.
- Bald of Evil
- Beard of Evil
- Big Bad Duumvirate: With Kabuto.
- Evil Old Folks
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a pair of crescent-shaped scars on his scalp.
- In the Hood: To hide his scars.
- Kill and Replace: What he did to the previous village leader.
- Killed Off for Real: By the Nine-Tailed Naruto Clone.
- The DVD version reveal he survived this and asked Kabuto for help before the latter summoned the village's leader to kill him while saying "I always hated his guts anyway."
- Oh, Crap!: When confronted by Sage Mode Naruto.
- Serial Killer
Voiced by: Junko Takeuchi (JP), Maile Flanagan (EN)
From the Chikara (Power) arc, it is a clone of Naruto in his Four-Tailed V2 Fox Cloak created when Kabuto accidentally infected Naruto with his Clone Snakes jutsu. The clone rampages, nearly killing Naruto, before being restrained. It later fights Naruto atop the Ama no Hoko and seemingly falls to its death, but returns as a hydra-like monster.
- Artificial Human: Formed from miniature snakes capable of duplicating a person's appearance by draining their chakra.
- Ax-Crazy: It was murderous to the point where even Kabuto couldn't control it, just point it in a direction.
- Breath Weapon: It could use the Tailed Beast Ball.
- Disney Villain Death: It falls into the Ama no Hoko, but survives and emerges even more powerful than before.
- Draconic Abomination: After absorbing the power of the Ama no Hoko, it mutates into a grotesque monstrosity resembling a twisted version of Kurama with eight draconic heads for tails.
- Evil Twin: To Naruto, being a snake-clone empowered by the Nine Tails' chakra.
- Hellish Pupils: Vertically slitted due to the Fox's chakra.
- Humanoid Abomination: Beneath the chakra cloak, the clone resembles Naruto but has a tail and scales.
- Jagged Mouth: Same as Naruto's V2 fox cloak.
- Killed Off for Real: By Naruto in his imperfect Nine-Tails Chakra Mode.
- Lightning Bruiser: In contrast to Naruto's Four-Tailed V2 form, the Nine-Tailed Naruto Clone is very fast.
- Lowered Monster Difficulty: Compared to Naruto's own Version 2 fox cloak, it seems less powerful as Rock Lee and Might Guy are able to put up a fair fight against it.
- Literally Shattered Lives: Disintegrates after Naruto hits it with a Tailed Beast Rasengan.
- One-Winged Angel: After absorbing more of the Nine-Tails' chakra from Naruto it transforms into a replica of the Nine Tails itself, and after falling into the Ama no Hoko it is transformed into a hydra-like monster.
- Omnicidal Maniac: It desires two things: power and destruction.
- Orochi: It's second One-Winged Angel has multiple snake-like heads.
- Power Incontinence: It starts falling apart during its rematch with Naruto.
- Madness Mantra: "CHIKARA!!!"
- Power Echoes: Its voice is distorted and echoic when it speaks.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Is jet black with a glowing red aura, eyes, and mouth.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Differentiating it from Naruto's own V2 form.
- Snake Person: Its true form is a serpentine doppelganger of Naruto.
- Throat Light: Dark red, in contrast to Naruto's Version 2 form having a white throat light.
- Turned Against Their Masters: Kabuto can't control it, only restrain it.
Voiced by: Junko Takeuchi (JP), Maile Flanagan (EN)
A robotic double of Naruto created by Orochimaru and Kabuto as a means to capture the Nine-Tails for themselves, it ended up falling into the hands of Akatsuki. Note that it's originally a character of the Ultimate Ninja Storm series and his story is very much different from his game counterpart.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: The minute it's activated, it goes on a rampage and destroys Orochimaru's lab before escaping, being captured by the Akatsuki, and reprogrammed to work for them.
- Arm Cannon: It has Gatling guns mounted in its forearms, and its fingers can function as machine guns.
- Do-Anything Robot: Mecha Naruto is stuffed full of a ridiculous amount of weapons, and it's implied that Pain upgraded him with the Asura Path.
- Evil Knockoff: A robotic clone of Naruto.
- Eye Beams: The Naruto Beam.
- Mythology Gag: The general plot of the two-parter was more-or-less ripped right from the Invasion of Pain arc, with bits of the Sasuke Retrieval arc thrown in partway through.
- Powered Armor: It layers itself over Naruto as a parody of Iron Man's armor.
- Primal Stance: Spends a lot of time crawling on all fours even outside of KYUBI Mode.
- Secret Test of Character: Itachi set up a genjutsu that would ally Mecha Naruto with the Leaf village if Naruto still considered Sasuke as a friend.
- Shout-Out: The way Mecha Naruto covers Naruto's body and the HUD that appears are references to the Iron Man series.
- Telescoping Robot: He can extend an absurd array of weapons from his body that logically shouldn't be able to fit inside him, especially considering how he's capable of layering over Naruto.
- Transforming Mecha: He has a vehicle mode and a jet mode.
Voiced by: Yuhei Takagi (JP)
Shira is a highly experienced Taijutsu user who wasn't a Shinobi because he couldn't use Genjutsu and/or Ninjutsu, until Gaara reformed his father's laws. He goes into the 2nd Chunnin Exam with his team where he wants as possible as Sand Ninja to graduates. He meets and befriends Rock Lee (whose similarity is not lost on him.), and so skilled that he became Gaara's trainer in Taijutsu.
- All of the Other Reindeer: For once in the series, it's not a parallel to Naruto, but to Rock Lee. The laws of The 4th Kazekage prevented anyone not knowing Genjutsu or Ninjutsu to enter Ninja Academy.
- Always Someone Better: He can be consider one to Rock Lee. While Shira work hard in a similar fashion to Lee, the former's Taijutsu abilities are entirely self-taught and manage to overwhelm the latter for a brief time in their fight. He was also able to block all of Neji's "Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms" strikes with easenote , while Lee is never shown to be able to successfully defend against any of the latter's attacks.
- Awesome by Analysis: Shown to be very observant and intelligent, as Shira elaborately deducing his enemies' strengths and weaknesses after seeing them fight only once.
- But Now I Must Go: At the end of 2nd Chunnin Exam, Shira exchange his farewells with his teammates and depart towards the Land of Wind to fight in the Battalion.
- Extreme Doormat: Takes a lot of crap from fellow sand ninjas during the 2nd Chunnin Exam, but doesn't retaliate or even get angry. Instead he takes it as a sign that he needs to continue to improve himself.
- Expy: Of Rock Lee and Neji Hyūga. While Shira doesn't resemble any of the two in physical appearances, his background and Taijutsu skills are a combination of them.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar on his left lower jaw, another across his throat, and two on his body; but is one of the kindest characters in the series.
- Genius Bruiser: He was able to prevent Lee from using the "Eight Gates" by subtlety blocking the latter's tenketsu note , and is capable of creating his own, unique Taijutsu techniques.
- Hot-Blooded: Downplayed as while Shira does go overboard with his training like Lee, he's nevertheless calm and composed.
- Hunk:Shira possesses a muscular scuplted build combined with his good looks and rugged scars make him a hunk
- Lightning Bruiser: Like Lee, Shira is this due to specializing in Taijutsu.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: According Neji, Shira's large and muscular physique is ideal in Taijutsu due being able to absorb physical blows much easier than Lee's smaller, more thinner built.
- The Mentor: To Gaara after having to witness the caliber of Shira's Taijutsu skill. Gaara not only revoke the law that forbids those who can't use Ninjutsu/Genjutsu to attend the Academy, but hired Shira as a personal coach to tutor him into improving his own Taijutsu skill. This is shown in a flashback where Shira is training Gaara to rely less on his automatic sand defense and more on actual direct combat skill.
- Nice Guy: For all the crap he endured throughout his childhood and in the current time, Shira doesn't blame anyone other than himself for the life he lived.
- Perpetual Frowner: Shira rarely smile throughout his appearances, but does so in his interactions with either Gaara or Rock Lee.
- Shadow Archetype: To Rock Lee. Both are born with the inability to use Ninjutsu and/or Genjutsu and were ostracize by their peers, but preserve on to become a splendid Shinobi who specializes in Taijutsu. While Rock Lee's Taijutsu was cultivated due to Might Guy's personal training methods and fatherly support, Shira's was cultivateed entirely on his own methods with no support from anyone till his mid-teens.
- Super Mode: Shira's unique Taijutsu skill, "Seven Heavens Breathing Method", involves gathering up large amounts of oxygen to increase his lung capacity fourfold. This allows him increase his physical power in a similar manner to the users of the "Eight Gates"; yet its unknown if it has repercussions.
- Training from Hell: Did that on his own. If Gaara's reaction is any indication, it seems to pay off.
- The Stoic: In contrast to Lee's personality and Taijutsu stylenote , Shira always carries a calm air. Whether diplomatically or in the heat of battle.
- The Quiet One: Shira rarely raises his voice unless necessary. It's also incorporated in his unique Taijutsu style, "Silent Fist"; which allows Shira to render his movements completely silent by cloaking himself in chakra, thus making him nearly unpredictable in combat.
- Worf Had the Flu:
- Worthy Opponent:
- To Rock Lee; as the former fully acknowledge Shira's abilities as a Shinobi on par with Might Guy and Neji Hyūga in their first and final fight.
- A subtle one to Neji Hyūga; as he privately mentions of wishing to battle against Shira after the latter easily defend against his "Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms", and acknowledge Shira's abilities to be a waste as an enemy.
- Younger Than They Look: Due to his scars and calm expressions, Shira could be seen as a man in his early 20's while he's around the same age as Team Guy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has taupe, grey hair.
Voiced by: Kengo Kawanishi (JP)
Mikoshi is a genin who partook in the Chunin Exams with his teammates Matsuri and Yukata. He appears in the new Chunin Exams fillers.
- Foil: To Yukata. He takes the exam seriously and acts mature, while Yukata is carefree and somewhat childish. Mikoshi is intelligent, while Yukata is The Ditz
- Graceful Loser: After his team lost to Shira's, he accepted defeat and bore no grudges.
- Meaningful Name: His name means "divine palanquin" and fits into a Japanese night festival theme like his teammates' names.
- Not So Above It All: Despite normally being level-headed and mature, he joined the brawl in the cafeteria before the second exam, rather than stay out of it or try to stop it.
- Oh, Crap!: When he falls into quicksand.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: While his intelligence hasn't been displayed very often, he qualifies for this trope when it does.
- Two Girls and a Guy: He's the guy of the group.
Voiced by: Tomomi Nakatsuka (JP)
Yukata is a rather clueless kunoichi who first appeared in the Fourth Shinobi World War with Matsuri. She later made a reappearance and was on a team with her and Mikoshi during the Chunin Exams filler.
- Bare Your Midriff: During the Chunin Exams, she wore a crop top under a flak jacket designed to reveal her stomach.
- Best Friend: Matsuri's.
- The Ditz: She has shown be very dumb and/or clueless at times, such as not realizing who the Tsuchikage is, or not being able to answer any of the questions during the written section of the exams.
- Fangirl: Of Gaara, like Matusri, complete with Squee!.
- Foil: To Mikoshi. See his entry for details.
- The Load: Downplayed in the Chunin Exams. Her obliviousness and ditziness in general, despite giving her team an advantage in the written section, led to them being the last one to leave during the elimination race. Later on, during the second stage, her lack of stamina compared to the others held them back in the sandstorm and when fleeing from an enemy.
- Rank Up: She is seen wearing a Suna flak jacket in the Allied Shinobi forces, meaning she was promoted to chunin from the exams. An unusual example, as her time in a lower rank was shown in episodes ''after' her debut.
- Shipper on Deck: She teases Temari (with Matsuri) over her crush on Shikamaru.
- Zettai Ryouiki: In both the Fourth Shinobi World War and Chunin Exams outfits.
Voiced by: Junko Takeuchi (JP), Maile Flanagan (EN)
An alternate version of Menma Uzumaki, the antagonist of Naruto the Movie: Road to Ninja, who never turned evil. He appears as part of Tenten's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream in the anime
- Alternate Self: He's a version of Menma Uzumaki from Naruto the Movie: Road to Ninja who was never evil, and thus to Naruto Uzumaki as well.
- Animal Battle Aura: As Kurama's jinchuriki, he can use Nine Tails Chakra Mode and Tailed Beast Mode.
- Celibate Hero: Unlike Naruto he knows that girls are attracted to him. He just isn't interested in romance.
- Chick Magnet: Both Sakura and Hinata are in love with him.
- Detect Evil: He can use Kurama's power to sense negative emotions.
- Dream People: He's a product of Tenten's Infinite Tsukuyomi, though the Dream Land he's from is mostly identical to the Genjutsu World from Road to Ninja.
- Genius Bruiser: He's insightful and intelligent, and one of Konoha's strongest ninja.
- Hereditary Hairstyle: Menma inherited his father Minato's hairstyle.
- The Leader: Menma is the de facto leader of the Konoha 11.
- The Stoic: Menma is serious and aloof, though he cares about his friends.
- Sudden Name Change: He's referred to as "Menma Uzumaki" on Studio Perrot's blog and concept art, but called Menma Namikaze in the credits.