Characters of the Visual Novel
A Korean highschool student who is a devoted doll collector and treats them like good friends. A year ago, her grandfather died of illness, leaving her alone in his old mansion — except for the principal living on the second floor of the building. One day, her five Crobidolls come to life and begin going to school with her.
Eri relives her life with the dolls multiple times, in order to romance each of them and gain their heart shard. After collecting them, she is suddenly transported into a different dimension, where she is forced into Nameless' company and cannot leave on her own. She begins to slowly remember her childhood and her first friend.
- Ambiguously Bi: She often thinks about how pretty or "handsome" Shinbi is, and at one point she "can't help trembling a little" when Shinbi calls her name. Then again, it seems that the entire female student body has a crush on Shinbi.
- Amnesiac Hero: Partway through Red's route Eri begins to have major memory problems, leaving her incapable of forming new ones.
- Amusement Park: Each route ends with Eri going on a Christmas date with the guy to one. Her favorite ride is the merry-go-round.
- Bad "Bad Acting": There are many times where she has to act surprised when being seen with the boys, as if just running into them, but she's pretty bad at it. All of her attempts to brush things off are very stiff and forced. It's a wonder anyone buys what she's saying. Subverted if she becomes the heroine in Red's play. Her acting seems to improve quite a bit.
- Bad Liar: Along with the bad acting stated above, she has a bad habit of continuously talking and making her lies more complicated than before. She's at least aware of her terrible ability, though, as she expresses shock when the principal buys that the boys are her cousins from Africa. Later it's revealed that he knew it was a lie all along, but wanted to make Eri happy.
- Beautiful All Along: In Yuri's route, she begins to pay a bit more attention to her appearance and puts on "cute" things and some make up, which leaves many to comment on how pretty she actually is.
- Beneath the Mask: Eri feels the need to hide her precious hobby from her closest friends, which comes to symbolize her need to hide her true feelings from everyone, especially her parents, so that she can avoid troubling anyone and feel accepted.
- Broken Bird: Not an extreme example, but having lost her grandfather a year ago and living alone has left her to feel very lonely. Made more apparent at the end of each route, where she looks back and realizes how she's changed since the dolls came to life.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Has this pattern with Lance on his route. It appears to a lesser extent in Tei's as more of his issues come to light.
- Book Dumb: Her grades don't seem to be all that great, especially in math.
- Creepy Doll: One of Tei's bad endings shows her dressed up like a doll, with joints like her dolls, though it seems more of a metaphorical meaning.
- Destructive Romance: In Yeonho's first bad ending, she's the destructive one. In one of Yuri's bad endings and all of Tei's, it's the other way around.
- Emotionless Girl: In Tei's route, several of his bad endings involve her becoming this, along with The Voiceless.
- Extreme Doormat: Can't say no to Soi when she pouts and pleads. Becomes extreme on Tei's route, when Soi and Tei are dating and Eri repeatedly goes along with Soi, to help her relationship.
- Freudian Excuse: Eri has been pretty much abandoned by her parents and the one person she felt close to died.
- Hair Color Dissonance: Her haircolor switches between darkbrown and purple, depending on the CG and her portrait.
- In-Series Nickname: Red refers to her as "Heroine," Yeonho calls her "Master" at home, and Yuri usually uses "Darling," "Honey," or "Princess" for her. All are in English.
- In Yuri's route, she is eventually given the nickname of "Swan Princess" by her schoolmates, when she starts to pretty herself up a bit.
- Oblivious to Love: To an impressive degree. She's not just oblivious to the boys' feelings for her, she's oblivious to her own feelings for them! Yuri's route plays with this; his flirting is too obvious to miss, but his actual feelings for her aren't even clear to him until late in the route, let alone to Eri.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents work research overseas, so they are barely home, except for a dinner once in a blue moon. This also leaves her relationship with them strained and tense.
- Polyamory: One of Yuri's Bad Endings involves her being shared between Tei and Yuri.
- Raised By Grandpa: Due to her parents being gone so often, she pretty much lived with her grandfather from childhood onward.
- Sacred First Kiss: Has her first kiss with the guy on their routes. In Lance's second bad ending, her first kiss is with Red on-stage during the school play, and Lance is deeply upset by it.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: Played with, since she obviously has a deep connection to all five dolls before they enter Crobi Academy and immediately become the most popular boys there. It certainly appears this way to other students, though. It's most pronounced in Tei's route.
- Teacher/Student Romance: On Yuri's route, since he's her music teacher. She also acknowledges how pretty Yujin is, but his personality is a real turn-off.
- Technicolor Eyes: Has golden/yellow eyes for no apparent reason.
- The Voiceless: Majority of Tei's Bad Endings involve Eri incapable of speaking.
- Weakness Turns Her On: In Yeonho's route, she often thinks to herself about how cute or charming he is when he looks particularly fragile or emotional.
- Why Did It Have To Be Bugs: Completely freaks out when Red is holding a spider, and apparently is terrified of all bugs.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: A deep shade of purple. Maybe.
An R Line Crobidoll and the company's first ever produced doll. Lance is cold, very calculating, and takes things seriously, so he doesn't stand for a lot of nonsense. Eventually, Lance joins the discipline group of the student government. He was the first ball-joint doll Eri got and was with her before her grandfather died. As such, he is the only one who remembers him and how Eri acted previously.
Lance has a strong rivalry with Red, mostly because Red is the complete opposite of him. He also tends to be the one to interrupt Yuri's flirting attempts with Eri, usually by throwing a slipper at his head.
During the secret route, Lance is first seen looking for Eri in their classroom. The item Eri remembers him by are his math notes, which he lent to her to study prior to the exams.
- Bastard Boyfriend: Begins to have shades of this on his route, teasing Eri and giving her backhanded compliments relentlessly. He stole her first kiss, too!
- Beneath the Mask: Lance uses his cold indifference to mask the fact that he feels extremely meaningless and empty inside. Because he's Crobidoll's most basic model, he wasn't given much in the way of personality so that he could have mass appeal. Comparing himself to the other dolls, he feels bland and worthless.
- Blank Slate: As Crobidoll's first product, he was given no distinct personality of his own for the sake of mass appeal. It works — the Lance doll is still the most popular of the store. Lance himself hates this though, because he's terrified of eventually being abandoned because he's "boring." As such, he feels envy towards Red, who has such a unique personality.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Lance and Eri on his route.
- Calling Your Attacks: Lance doesn't do it, but Eri takes to calling his throwing of slippers at people's heads the "flying slipper attack."
- Cannot Spit It Out: He has a very difficult time explaining to Eri why he's so upset about the Big Damn Kiss at the end of the school play. Her obliviousness doesn't help either of them. In his second bad ending, this failure of communication results in him never spitting it out, and the Wizard resets the timeline because Eri has lost her chance at the heart shard.
- First Guy Wins: In his good ending, since he was Eri's first doll.
- Freudian Excuse: Lance was released by Crobidoll with no particular preferences or personality in an extremely mass-market release. As a result, he has no self-worth and feels utterly replaceable.
- Forceful Kiss: Gives one to Eri when he cannot stop himself anymore, angry that she would be kissing Red during the play.
- Green-Eyed Monster: His route eventually reveals that he is jealous of Red's unique concept, because Lance feels that his own "mass-market" appeal makes him boring and replaceable.
- Ice Prince: His overall personality is this.
- Defrosting Ice Prince: His route involves helping him loosen up a bit.
- Indifferent Beauty: He doesn't seem to care much about his looks beyond staying neat, and says that attention given to him only because he's pretty is too shallow for his tastes.
- In-Series Nickname: The school quickly labels him "Ice Prince" and "Ice Lance."
- Shoe Slap: Lance's trademark move is to fling his slipper at the offender (usually Yuri).
- Trademark Favorite Food: Candied Lemon Tea, which is the first drink he actually took the time to taste and wonder if he likes it. It's also implied that he likes it only because Eri thinks he would like it. And Lance's personality is defined by his owner's actions.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Lance takes over Eri's role as the heroine in Red's play on his route and wears her dress. The drama club members love it, Red... not so much.
Another of Crobidoll's R Line products. Eri obtained Yeonho as a used, but slightly damaged doll online. His young and sweet design was created to bring out the mother instinct in girls. Yeonho is overall very sweet and friendly, while a little timid around strangers. He enjoys taking care of the house and cooking like Tei, with whom he is often seen helping. He quickly becomes popular at school, often surrounded by fans and piled with bread from them during lunch.
Yeonho has refined senses, being able to communicate with deceased spirits and understand animals. Crobidoll assigned him the ability to speak to animals, but even Eri is unsure where he gained the ability to see and speak to spirits. Because of this, though, he joins the Mystery Study Club and becomes proficient in reading tarot cards.
During the secret route, Yeonho can be seen in front of the school gate. He senses Eri's spirit nearby, but cannot reach her at the moment. The picture book they looked at together is what reminds Eri of him.
- Beneath the Mask: Yeonho uses his cute exterior to hide the fact that his past owner's abuse and abandonment have left him unable to trust others and in eternal fear of fresh abandonment.
- Clingy Jealous Boy: Becomes obsessed with Eri in his route very fast, refusing to let anyone get too close to her and ignoring others.
- Covered with Scars: Has multiple scars all over his body, usually hidden beneath long sleeves. All coming from his previous, abusive owner.
- The Cutie: Oh so much. He's even referred to as "the Chick" by the school because of how adorable he is.
- Delicate Is Beautiful: Much of his charm comes from his small stature and sensitive personality. When he cries, his fanclub immediately leaps into action to defend or comfort him.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His previous owner was very fickle and quickly lost interest in him, either leaving Yeonho lying around or mistreating him. She eventually sold him, leaving him with a psychological fear of being abandoned and needing to appeal to his owner by always being a "good boy."
- Even the Guys Want Him: While Yeonho's admirers are primarily female, more than a few guys get taken in by his cuteness.
- Freudian Excuse: Yeonho's former owner abused him, covering him with scratches while telling him he could be her favorite if only he'd be "a good boy." This has led him to be utterly self-abasing and obsessive.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A downright pleasant, sweet person along with his dark blond hair.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his sweet, childish design and intention as a doll, he is actually rather realistic about more whimsical things. He doesn't believe wishing upon stars works (and actually calls it pointless) and, unlike Red, he knows full well that superhero shows are nonsensical.
- House Husband: Has shades of this, like making Eri's bed in the morning.
- I See Dead People: Can see spirits and ghosts. In fact, he reads tarot cards on his route with the help of one.
- In-Series Nickname: Called "Yellow" by Red because of his yellow hair and his classmates call him "Chick." Towards the end of his route, he gets called "Phoenix" when he matures.
- The Ingenue: Part of his concept. He's meant to stir maternal instincts, so he is very sweet and innocent. Later subverted, though, specifically in Red's and his own route. In his route, he tells Eri he would never take her somewhere Yuri would take her, blushing and laughing it off when asked what he was thinking of. And in Red's route, he bashfully proclaims that he likes small breasts to compliment Eri.
- Nice Guy: Adorable, sweet, kind, and helpful. At least, his initial projection of himself...
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted, his eyes may be a red color, but he's a very sweet person. Played straight when his obsessive nature becomes more apparent, especially when he attempts to harm Eri in his second bad ending.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: It's discovered that he can talk to animals when he follows a cat to try and find its owner.
- Stepford Smiler: Puts up a mask of a sweet, enthusiastic boy to appeal to his owner and please her. Underneath, he's filled with self-loathing and guilt, thinking it's his own fault for not being able to appeal to his previous owner enough to be kept. Yeonho is also very obsessive and clingy, when he isn't given limits.
- Team Chef: To a lesser extent than Tei, but takes on cooking more in his own route.
- Team Mom: Again, to a lesser extent than Tei, but at the end of his route Eri will mention that his "maternal instincts" have become rather strong for all the other guys, often taking time out of his day to make food for them and help them get chores done.
- Tender Tears: He's pretty emotional and often looks close to tears, especially when he's scared or worried.
- Together in Death: Attempts this in one of his bad endings. Fortunately (or unfortunately, considering what happens afterwards), Tei interrupts and stops him.
- Token Mini-Moe: Is the youngest looking of the main cast, and how childlike and adorable he is gets played up.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrot Cake.
- Yandere: Shows shades of this in his later route. To the point that he attempts to kill Eri in one of his bad endings, and might have succeeded if Tei hadn't shown up.
Part of the B Line of Crobidoll products, Yuri's concept idea was to appeal to and please every woman in the world. As such, his design was made older, to appear much more mature and sexier than other dolls. Yuri can play the piano and drums, joining a band as their drummer and even preforming on stage with them.
Yuri has a rivalry with Tei, whom he cannot stand and is repeatedly suspicious of because he says he knows the "real" Tei. Because of this, they tend to butt heads often, teasing or poking fun at the other in a not-so-friendly manner.
During the secret route, Yuri is searching for Eri in the department store. The item Eri remembers him by is the pair of heels he gave her.
- Affectionate Nickname: Calls the heroine "my honey."
- Bare Your Midriff: His casual/default outfit does this.
- Bed Mate Reveal: In his Happy Ending, Yuri has taken to sneaking into Eri's bed after resigning as her teacher.
- Beneath the Mask: Yuri, despite his carefree attitude, has deep internal conflict stemming from the fact that he was designed to try to appeal to all women. Therefore while he's constantly charming and successful in wooing women, he feels that he's lacking in the ability to feel true love.
- Berserk Button: He flips out when he thinks Tei has thrown his expensive, dry-clean-only suit in the washing machine. Tei in general is something of a Berserk Button for Yuri, which makes sense considering he knows how dangerous and manipulative Tei is, but his housemates and the student body treat Tei like a saint and side with him in every argument between them.
- Biseinen: He's the only one of the dolls intended to be an adult, and he's very pretty.
- The Casanova: His concept involved him being able to charm all women, which causes Yuri to flirt with every woman he comes across.
- Ladykiller in Love: Decides to go against his concept idea and focus only on Eri, once he realizes he truly loves her.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Inverted for Yuri. He's more of a suave charmer with other girls, but since he's more genuinely fond of and comfortable around Eri, he lets his lech flag fly.
- Cassandra Truth: Played with. Only Yuri knows that Tei is extremely dangerous and not remotely the charming Nice Guy he pretends to be. Yuri says he wishes others could see how twisted Tei really is, but he doesn't tell them precisely because he knows no one will believe him over Tei.
- Concert Climax: On Yuri's route, you attend one of his concerts.
- Cool Shades: A pair with purple-tinted lenses, fitting with his mauve suit.
- The Dandy: He's very concerned in looking his best, including always wearing a good suit for work and uses a facial mask daily to keep his skin smooth.
- Distracted by My Own Sexy: He frequently derails conversations to talk about how very attractive he is.
- Dumb and Drummer: Semi-example. The drums are Yuri's instrument of choice, but he isn't so much dumb as pervy and self-absorbed.
- Elegant Classical Musician: He's the music teacher at Crobi Academy. His primary instrument seems to be the drums, but he is also an excellent piano player and plays beautifully for Eri on his route.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Yuri in his everyday outfit.
- Freudian Excuse: Yuri was designed to sexually appeal to all women. This has led him to be completely detached from true love.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: None of the other dolls seem to like Yuri's irresponsible, flirting nature. Becomes more noticeable in his route.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Yuri peppers his speech with English, particularly for cheesy terms of endearment like "My honey." Yuri's also prone to calling women he's flirting with "Mademoiselle."
- Handsome Lech: Every woman easily falls for him, except for Eri, who is more turned off by his flirting, teasing, and irresponsible behavior. She does fall for him in his route though, when he is more honest with her.
- Hidden Depths: He likes magical girl anime.
- Hot Teacher: Naturally, a significant number of Crobi Academy's female students immediately develop crushes on him.
- I Know You Know I Know: Yuri knows that Tei is extremely dangerous and unstable, despite his charming, kind-hearted Team Mom act. Tei knows that Yuri knows, so he deliberately manipulates situations to make it seem like Yuri irrationally hates him, ensuring that no one will believe Yuri if he ever tries to tell them.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: Very much implied. He constantly flirts with Eri, but she keeps pushing him away unlike every other woman.
- Love Epiphany: After inviting Eri to a concert he plays in, his bandmates ask him what it is that he likes about her and Yuri begins to realize that he likes Eri that way.
- Narcissist: Is super concerned about his own appearance and spends a lot of time talking about how great he/his face/his powers of seduction/etc. is.
- Proud Beauty: Not that he's wrong about being gorgeous.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: He has pale, perfect skin (painstakingly maintained), jet black hair, and such remarkable beauty that he singlehandedly saved Eri's blog when he was still a doll.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Yuri is very high maintenance to the point of wearing facial masks around the house.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: The custom-tailored suit he wears to school looks very expensive. Yuri insists on being dressed sharply and looking his best at all times.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: He's not snarky with most women, but he certainly is around the other dolls and most of the male students he interacts with.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Obviously, if Eri pursues his route. Averted when Yuri decides to properly date Eri and resigns as her teacher.
- The Tease: He has no problem walking around almost naked in the house, much to Eri's discomfort, and doesn't mind teasing her about kissing her... or more.
- Trademark Favorite Food: The Secret Garden tea, with the tea leaves also being the first gift Yuri really enjoyed getting.
- You Have No Idea Who You're Dealing With: He makes a few attempts to warn Eri away from Tei, especially in Tei's route but briefly in a few others. Yuri never outright tells her what he knows (see Cassandra Truth above), but he does try to let her know that all is not as it seems.
Part of the M Line of Crobidoll products and a premium limited edition. As a limited edition, he was quickly sold out and became a rarity among doll collectors. Eri found Tei being auctioned off online as a used, slightly damaged doll and managed to bid cheaply on him, shortly after having ordered Yuri. Tei is a mature, kind young man and the most reliable of the bunch. Often, he plays the voice of sense in the household and takes care of everyone.
Tei and Yuri see each other as rivals, Tei often intervenes in Yuri's route and those of others. He acts like an older brother to most of the dolls, especially towards Yeonho.
During the secret route, Tei is walking around the streets near Banjul, thinking Eri to be there. The item she associates Tei with is the smell of tea.
- The Ace: Tei is in-universe the most popular of the boys, widely considered to be the best looking, the kindest, the most mature, and seems to excel at pretty much everything he tries.
- Affectionate Nickname: Is called "Prince Sunshine" by the other students at school.
- Another Side, Another Story: His route cannot be done until the player has gotten a happy ending with either Yuri, Yeonho, or Lance.
- Bastard Boyfriend: In his route, he's an absolutely terrible boyfriend to Soi, frequently neglecting or flat out ignoring her because he only dates her to distract himself from Eri. Eri herself gets his obsessive, violent side in bad endings.
- Beneath the Mask: Tei feels the need to always maintain a pristine and perfect front while inside he feels like he's disgusting and dirty, due to his past owner's extreme obsession with purity and bad reaction to his being injured. Because of his deep shame and self-hatred, he's unable to be honest about himself or his feelings.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Cannot be overstated. Although Tei is so unstable that it's hard to tell if he's really a case of this or Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon.
- Bishōnen: Naturally, considering the setting.
- Bookworm: Loves to read. Actually states that he's read most of the books in Eri's grandpa's library.
- Break Her Heart to Save Her: Tei attempts to do this in his route, albeit less by being a flat out jerk and more by avoiding the protagonist and attempting to date someone else.
- The Charmer: Tei is very charming, and has a large female fanclub because of it.
- Converse with the Unconscious: Tei tends to do this with Eri usually after he's just drugged her.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: An interesting spin on this trope. He wants Eri to be happy and actively tries to get her into a relationship with someone else, but if that person doesn't make her happy (i.e. in bad ends)? All of his self-control shatters, and he either kills or "breaks" her.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In Lance's first bad ending and Yeonho's second. They don't stand a chance.
- Darker and Edgier: While the previous routes weren't without their share of dark issues, Tei's route significantly ups them and has much darker, creepier moments. It's also worth mentioning that many of the darkest moments in prior routes are Tei's doing.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His previous owner was an unstable Neat Freak, who would keep him in his box except for one hour a day, though that one hour made him happy. One day, his owner's sibling took him out of the box without permission and the girl, seeing this, freaked out and her sibling dropped Tei, leaving a scar on his knee. His owner wanted to fix him, but as a limited edition, there were no spare parts to do so and she began to resent him, cursing him for being "dirty."
- Deadpan Snarker: He doesn't snark as frequently as Yuri or Lance, but it comes up. Yuri is the most common target, resulting in Snark-to-Snark Combat.
- Dissonant Serenity: His tone usually stays level and pleasant even during bad endings, no matter how violent his actions become. In Yeonho's second bad end, "Competitor," Tei kills him in the middle of a perfectly calm monologue to Eri. And then he turns on her.
- Do Wrong, Right: Also in Yeonho's second bad end, Tei interrupts Yeonho's attempt to kill Eri... because he's doing it wrong, and only Tei is allowed to break her.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Played for Laughs in Red's route (see Mistaken for Gay under Red's entry).
- Freudian Excuse: Tei's former owner kept him in his box at almost all times and continually told him he needed to stay pure and clean. When he was damaged by her younger sibling, she was inconsolable and told him he was disgusting and ruined and proceeded to sell him. This has led him to be obsessed with his own impurity and given him a huge obsessive streak.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: It's not entirely clear if they're "glowing", but when Tei's pupils turn white, it's already too late to run.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Literally and figuratively. He tries to keep his distance from Eri (even in his own route) because he's convinced he doesn't deserve her, but his jealous streak shows during bad endings and moments of weakness.
- House Husband: In every route, he often takes over household chores like cooking dinner and making sure everyone's properly washed up.
- I Am a Monster: He thinks this way because of the psychological instability that resulted from his past owner's abuse, which manifests in his obsession with and violent urges toward Eri. This is among his reasons for trying to keep his distance from Eri and steer her toward someone else.
- Inconvenient Attraction: He loves Eri in every route, but because of his own instability and obsession with her, he doesn't act on his feelings. Even in his own route, he stays away as long as he can out of his desire to keep her safe.
- In-Series Nickname: "Mama Tei" or simply "Mom" because of his tendency to take care of everyone. Many students at Crobi Academy call him "Prince Sunshine".
- Ironic Nickname: Yuri comments on the irony of the "Prince Sunshine" moniker, considering how cynical and messed up Tei really is.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Tei always has feelings for Eri, but he voluntarily steps aside for someone else in every route. He even tries it in his own. It's a mix of this trope and Break Her Heart to Save Her in his route, because Eri does return his feelings, but Tei is so afraid of what he might do that he tries to push her away.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Oh boy, does it. Tei's feelings for Eri and the trauma from abuse he suffered before she got him mix in a very dangerous way.
- Manipulative Bastard: Tei has a remarkable talent for turning every situation to his advantage, and he frequently influences events just enough for them to serve his needs and keep his nature hidden.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: In Yeonho's second bad ending, sort of. Tei intervenes as Yeonho is attempting to strangle Eri, kills him, and then turns on Eri while talking about his own feelings for her. Tei stepped aside because he thought Yeonho could make Eri happy, but Yeonho's Freak Out made both him and Eri fair game.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: He rarely shows it, but Tei is implied to be much stronger than he looks. At one point in his route, he snaps a metal fork while particularly irritated with Yuri. In Lance's first bad ending, Tei is able to effortlessly throw him across the room after he attacks Eri. In Yeonho's second, Tei crushes the Yeonho doll's head with one bare hand.
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: One of his bad endings has him imply to be about to rape Eri and "break" her, stating that he can "see in her eyes that she wants it."
- Physical Scars, Psychological Scars: He has a scar on one knee, and his prior owner's obsessive perfectionism led her to constantly demean him and eventually sell him because of it. As a result, Tei is convinced that he is ruined and will never be good enough for Eri... unless he breaks her to match.
- Psychotic Smirk: In various bad ends and a few scenes on the way to his own good end. When Tei snaps or his mask slips, he smiles and his pupils go white.
- Real Men Wear Pink: The most domestically active of the boys, often in charge of meals for the house, and generally takes care of everyone. Not to mention that in his first scene as a human, he's cooking breakfast while wearing a frilly, heart-shaped apron. He's still the most popular out of all the boys.
- Second-Act Breakup: After he starts getting closer to Eri and panics because he's scared of hurting her by mistake, he distances himself again and starts dating Soi.
- Shipper on Deck: If he decides to give up on Eri, he begins to try to get her and the other dolls together.
- Shock Value Relationship: In an attempt to keep distance between himself and Eri, he starts dating Soi about halfway through his route. Sadly, Soi is genuinely smitten with him and has no idea she's being used.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: In-game text sometimes refers to him as brunet, but he's certainly this. His is the first route that cannot be played at the beginning of the game, and it's where the story gets much darker.
- Slipping a Mickey: Tei spikes the ZZZ tea in his route. One time, he by-passes the tea and hands Eri two sleeping pills, under the guise of them being headache medicine.
- Stepford Smiler: Retains a friendly, kind demeanor on the outside, to counter his inner self-loathing and keep up the facade of being "pure" and "clean," as his previous owner burned into his mind.
- Team Chef: Does majority of the cooking.
- Team Mom: He does most of the cooking and housework, mediates disagreements between the others, and is often the one to come up with a plan when needed. Eri frequently thinks of him as "mothering" the boys, and Yuri even sarcastically refers to him as mom.
- Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Tei's kindness and charm hide deep-seated self-hatred and dangerous instability, putting him somewhere between this and Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon.
- Yandere: We get hints of this during the various routes, but only his own route really goes into it outside of bad endings. It's so bad, several of his bad endings involve Tei "breaking" Eri or hurting others to obtain her. Unusually for a Yandere of Tei's degree, he's aware of how fucked up he is, doesn't want to inflict that on Eri, and will gladly support Eri being with someone else as long as she gets to be happy. But if that person doesn't make her happy? They're dead, and she's his.
Another M Line ball-joint doll, designed with an action hero concept in mind to appeal to a specific fan-base. Because the idea didn't seem to go over well with fans, only a single Red doll was created. The doll was given away via a lottery to a Crobidoll customer and Eri won. Red is very upbeat and active, convinced that he honestly is a warrior of justice and destined to save the world and protect the girl. As such, he is quite dramatic, even being asked to join the drama club, and gains a following at school for how cheerful and reliable he can be.
Red doesn't get along well with Lance, because he's the complete opposite of him and often seems to mock Red's idealistic view of things. He calls Tei the "Commander" of the group, Yeonho "Yellow" for his yellow hair, and Eri "Heroine" since she's the only girl.
During the secret route, Red is standing in front of the merry-go-round. The group picture they took at the end of his route is what jogs Eri's memory to remember him.
- Action Hero: His concept as a doll. Sadly, it wasn't very popular with fans.
- Another Side, Another Story: Red's route can only be unlocked if the player has completed the other four dolls' routes first.
- Beneath the Mask: Red while he seems to be happily embracing his delusions of being a TV action hero in the making, it's revealed in his route that he feels that this is a completely necessary front to believe in and maintain, since without it he feels completely worthless and lacking in identity. He needs to convince himself of a world-saving level of importance because without that he feels like he's nothing.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Red, in his doll concept and in reality.
- Cannot Tell Fiction from Reality: Exactly how much of this is an act and how much is real is debatable.
- Chocolate of Romance: Features heavily in his route.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Even ignoring his strong belief that he is a superhero, Red is a little... kooky.
- Covert Pervert: Potentially. He does have a seemingly sexual dream about Eri at the beginning of his route and refuses to explain it afterward.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Hair and eyes are a red color.
- Darker and Edgier: His route is darker than the previous ones, even when compared to Tei's. Eri gets bullied to the point of being emotionally and physically harmed, as well as losing her memories. Red himself isn't dangerous like Tei is, but his route is painful for both him and Eri since Nameless decides to wreak havoc.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: During his route, Red reveals that he had a dream of Eri being kidnapped by an evil doll and Red having to go rescue her. This is pretty much what happens in Nameless' route.
- Dumb Muscle: Appears to be the most physically fit of the dolls (fitting, given his concept), but has trouble keeping up intelligence-wise sometimes.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Red in his everyday outfit.
- Entendre Failure: He is prone to these very often (especially around Yuri). Eri remarks that he's probably the most innocent soul in the house.
- Erotic Dream: At the beginning of his route, it's implied that's the type of dream he's having, when Eri finds him sleeping in her bed.
- Freudian Excuse: Red was designed as an action hero concept and led to believe he had special powers. His identity became totally entwined in this concept, especially as he was never picked up for a mass production. He feels that if he isn't somehow miraculously special, he's nothing.
- Fiery Red Head: He's the loudest and most dramatic of the dolls, and obviously has red hair.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Ironically, he's jealous of Lance, for the exact opposite reason that Lance is jealous of him. Red is insecure because his concept wasn't popular enough to be manufactured and that, since he's the only Red, he has to be special; Lance worries that his "mass-market" appeal makes him forgettable and boring.
- It's All My Fault: He considers this to be the case when Eri gets kidnapped a second time and locked into a warehouse by his jealous fangirls.
- Large Ham: So much. His default speaking voice is dramatic yelling, he constantly refers to himself as a hero of justice, he hilariously overacts in the school play....
- Meaningful Name: His name is Red, fitting with his hair color, eye color, and his tendency to be a bit hotheaded when it comes to helping someone.
- Nice Guy: Just an all-around, genuine nice guy who's always trying to help others.
- No Indoor Voice: To put it lightly. Red yells nearly all of his lines, including a hilarious incident at school where he decides he needs to do a "cleansing ritual" for other students in the middle of the hallway, most of which is shouting at the top of his lungs in Gratuitous English.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted, he's quite energetic and kind, if a bit naive. He is arguably the most supportive and least (dangerously) unbalanced love interest.
- Stepford Smiler: Turns out his energetic, smiling personality is him keeping his own "warrior of justice" persona up. He feels that if he doesn't, he'll disappear because he is nothing but an ordinary doll.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate, in general.
- Why Did It Have To Be Ghosts: He's scared of ghosts, because he cannot deal with things that he cannot touch.
One of Eri's two friends in her class.
Soi was scouted at the same time as Shinbi, but declined the offer. She routinely finds hot guys attractive and crushes on them, but never comes across as very serious about it. She does hope to eventually find a guy who will bring the feelings of love and passion into her life. She's the president of the student government and class representative of Class N.
- Attractiveness Discrimination: Soi isn't even interested in talking to boys who aren't gorgeous.Soi: There are two things that I can never forgive in this world. First is an ugly boy.
- Book Dumb: Her grades tend to be among the worst of the class and she hates exams.
- Buxom Is Better: Her bust is one of the reasons she's so popular with guys in general. She knows it and takes full advantage.
- Class Representative: For Eri's class, though she only seems to be really busy with it during the days proceeding the festival.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Her golden eyes match her blonde hair.
- Drama Queen: She is the biggest offender here, especially with boys and tests.
- Eating the Eye Candy: Her favorite pastime, especially once she discovers Banjul and its beautiful male staff.
- Genki Girl: Fits her to a "T". She's constantly loud and energetic, and gets easily excited.
- Gibberish of Love: She is usually confident around boys, but in anything resembling close proximity with Tei, she ends up doing this. She also does it the first day the dolls attend Crobi Academy, overcome by how ridiculously adorable Yeonho is.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Soi has known Shinbi for years and she recently moved in with Shinbi. Soi even says it's Shinbi's fault that her standards for guys are so high.
- Hopeless Suitor: She walks the line between this and Romantic Runner-Up in Tei's route. She clearly has feelings for him, and he does accept when she asks him out... but only because he's trying to push Eri away, and he never actually spends time with Soi or shows any affection toward her.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Her feelings for Tei seem a lot more serious than her typical shallow crushes, but she eventually gives up on him when she realizes he and Eri have feelings for each other. Subverted in that Soi does this because she wants Eri to be happy and realizes that Tei probably wasn't into her in the first place.
- Ladykiller in Love: Soi is a genderflipped example; while she will fawn over nearly any cute boy, she seems to have more genuine feelings for Tei.
- Likes Older Men: She previously tried to seduce Yujin, swoons over Yuri, and seems to be pursuing Zion (who is at least 18) near the end of Tei's route after she breaks up with Tei. Tei himself is only a year older than Soi, but he adds to the tally. Notably, she vocally appreciates how pretty Lance and Yeonho are, but it's rarer for her to express a desire to date them.
- Loving a Shadow: It's easy to see how Soi could become infatuated with Tei's public persona, but it definitely isn't representative of the disturbed, miserable, violent Yandere who is only dating her to distract himself from one of her best friends.
- OOC Is Serious Business: She is usually described as fierce and energetic, but when it comes to interacting with Tei, she often becomes shy and stuttery. Eri repeatedly lampshades how different she acts then.
- Self-Proclaimed Love Interest: She frequently talks about Tei as though they are (or inevitably will be) a couple.
- Those Two Girls: Rarely seen without Shinbi.
- Woman Scorned: She is a downplayed example toward two people.
- Before the events of the game, Yujin dismissed her seduction attempt and referred to her breasts as "unnecessary" because he's only interested in bones. Soi apparently swore revenge at some point, but seems to have either forgotten about it or stopped caring.
- In Tei's route, the initial giddiness of dating The Ace fades as it becomes clear that he doesn't actually have feelings for her. Soi breaks it off and spends the rest of the route sassing Tei at every opportunity.
Another one of Eri's high school friends in her class.
Shinbi was scouted as a magazine model a while back and took the deal. She often misses school or is busy because of her job. There's a large, mostly female fanbase of hers in school that follows her around and takes some of her tasks off her hands. Shinbi is the vice-president of the student government.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Shinbi's diary reveals that she used to be teased and ostracized by other children, due to her strange hair color and height. Soi was her first friend.
- Ambiguously Gay: Shinbi is the only female character to show no interest whatsoever in the "HOT5", she wears the boys' uniform at school, she has a horde of fangirls and definitely isn't discouraging them, and quite a few of her interactions with Eri in the various routes can easily be interpreted as flirting.
- Attractiveness Isolation: Related to All of the Other Reindeer above; Shinbi is intimidatingly beautiful and a successful model, so even though she's also very kind and a wonderful friend, her only friends are Soi and Eri.
- Bifauxnen: Shinbi can easily be mistaken for a guy because of her rather deep voice and tendency to wear the boys' uniform.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Her unusual minty blue hair matches her equally unusual eyes.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often follows up Soi's dramatics with a good-natured snarky comment.
- Even the Girls Want Her: She even has a club of fangirls willing to do her work for her.
- Fashion Model: Her part-time job.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Shinbi has been friends with Soi for years and Soi has even moved in with her.
- Only Sane Woman: She often takes on this role around Soi's overexcited behavior.
- Statuesque Stunner: Shinbi is quite beautiful, and her height and long legs are frequently commented upon.
- Those Two Girls: Rarely seen without Soi.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Strawberry milk.
The school nurse of the Crobi Academy, though he sometimes takes over science lessons. Because Yujin is overall very creepy in mannerisms and open about his love for his skeleton model, Beatrice, a majority of the students do their best to avoid the infirmary. While some girls in school have fallen for him, including Soi, he quickly rejects them, stating Beatrice's bones to be the epitome of beauty.
His work ethic is overall very lax, often preferring to spend his time praising and cleaning Beatrice while treating students with "whatever is available on the shelves." He does seem to observe the students, though. Especially when he finds one that piques his interest, such as the boys with their perfect bones and Eri with her good eye for dolls, similar to his own keen perception of bone structures.
- Absent-Minded Professor: Or nurse/teacher, rather. While very intelligent, he couldn't care less about teaching and just wants to think about bones, often forgetting all student names.
- Blind Date: In Yuri's route, he actually goes on one, much to Eri's shock. But he admits he is only doing it because his family is forcing him to and he'll immediately reject the woman.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He's in love with a skeleton model, has a creepy fetish and love for bones... obviously not all there.
- Eerie Anatomy Model: Beatrice is this; even if she's not alive, Yujin treats her as such. Same with the other skeleton models: Yujin considres himself on bad terms with Beatrice's supposed half-brother Christopher.
- Genius Ditz: Yujin is quite intelligent, though it may be hard to remember that, since he tends to swoon over bones a lot.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: In Yuri's route, Yujin dresses up for the blind date in a suit and properly ties his hair back. Eri actually thinks he looks quite handsome that way. Yujin says he's only doing it so that Beatrice won't be mocked for dating a "slob."
- Hidden Depths: Yujin is actually quite good at reading people from afar.
- Hospital Hottie: Really attractive for a school nurse. Soi even had a crush on him once, but he rejected her for Beatrice.
- I Call Her "Beatrice": His skeleton model is called Beatrice.
- I Love the Dead: Yujin's love interest is Beatrice, a skeleton model.
- Informed Attribute: When he dressed up in Yuri's route, he's never shown on-screen, so exactly how handsome he looks...
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Gorgeous, platinum blonde curls down his back.
- Nightmare Fetishist: His obsession with bones crosses a line with just how dedicated he is to it. He even knows what time of day each bone is most beautiful to look at and is willing to dissect one of the dolls to see their bones...
- School Nurse: Yujin is the school nurse of the academy, though because of his weird behavior, a majority of the students try to avoid having to go there.
Nameless is a faceless entity that periodically appears throughout the game, often talking about Eri or narrating as an outsider about the events of the game. During the last two routes, he becomes much more directly involved and begins to talk directly to Eri, who can now hear him.
Nameless begins to destroy Eri's diary, removing her written memories and sabotaging her relationship with the dolls, all because he is obsessively in love with her. His deepest desire is for Eri to remember and meet him again, so that they can be together again. His wish has summoned the Wizard to him, with whom he makes a deal.
As it turns out, Nameless is an old toy of Eri's that her grandfather gave her. Precisely, he was a teddybear and the first friend Eri made, back when she was feeling abandoned and lonely at her grandfather's house. Over the years, though, Eri began to spend less time with and forgot about him, leaving him locked in a closet.
- Another Side, Another Story: His Secret route cannot be played, until all the heart shards have been collected. A second route of his cannot be played, until the first one is completed.
- Creepy Doll: He's missing an eye, his clothes are torn and his left arm is unnaturally long. That's not getting into his eyebags or his obsession with Eri.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Nameless is shown in the opening, though the camera stops before displaying his face beyond his mouth. He is also perfectly visible in the CG of one of Red's Bad Endings.
- Eye Scream: His right eye is missing, though it's not revealed how it got that way.
- The Faceless: His face is never revealed, until the player has collected all five heart shards and unlocks Nameless' route.
- Gratuitous English: Gives off some full English sentences as times, mostly simple things like "Bye bye" during one of Red's Bad Endings.
- The Heavy: His obsession with Eri is what summoned the Wizard into the Room of Abandoned Toys, allowing him to kick off the plot.
- Hero of Another Story: A second Secret route exists, which shows Eri's time with Nameless from the teddy bear's point of view.
- Jerkass: Beyond all the stuff he puts Eri through in the game, he seems to have always had a bad attitude. During the flashbacks showing him with Eri as a child, he constantly insults her about how stupid she is or how annoying she is being (all without her hearing, thanks to him being a toy). Even when it appears he's finally grown attached to her, he still insults her more often than not.
- Off with His Head!: His head was ripped off by a neighbor's dog once. Grandpa reattached it.
- Technicolor Eyes: Is described to have pink eyes, though they look more purple on his model.
- Yandere: Deeply in love with Eri, to the point of obsession. While he knows that Eri must romance one of the dolls to gain the heart shard and meet him, he becomes jealous when things go too well and tries to sabotage the romance. To the point of destroying her diary and memories.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: His hair is a lavender purple color, but becomes lighter at the tips.
The Wizard is a powerful magician with the ability to fulfill a person's most desperate wish. In exchange, he takes their memories and it's implied that this is also his way of extending his own life. The Wizard is visible only to people who have a strong desire within them that they crave to be fulfilled. Once a contract has been made between the Wizard and his client, he cannot leave the client's presence until the wish is fulfilled.
When the Wizard ends up summoned into the room of abandoned toys by Nameless' desire to see Eri, he offers him a deal. Realizing that the dolls have heart shards in them that represent pieces of Eri's mind that she had abandoned over the years, the Wizards says he'll turn the dolls into humans and make Eri capable of meeting Nameless, if she collects them. In exchange, since he is too repulsed by Nameless' memories, he wants Eri's diary.
- Canon Immigrant: He's the same Wizard as from Cheritz's previous game Dandelion.
- The Heavy: Had it not been for him turning the dolls into humans, the plot would never have begun.
- No Name Given: He is always referred to as 'Wizard'.
- Not So Different: He admits that he and Nameless are very similar in terms of personality, memories and actions. Which is exactly why the Wizard refuses to take Nameless' memories, as they repulse him.
- Really 700 Years Old: His exact age isn't known, but he does say that he has elongated his life by feasting on other people's memories for so long, he has grown tired of it.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Powerful magician or not, you don't want to get too well-acquainted with this guy. Probably because he is so powerful and will take your memories.
- Stalker with a Crush: For the heroine of Dandelion. He notes the similarity to Nameless's obsession with Eri.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The Wizard might see himself as this, since he states that he usually takes the sad or painful memories from his clients and leaving them with only their happy memories remaining. Though how well this works out is debateable. Especially since he mentioned in Dandelion that he mostly prefers to take people's memories of love.