Ian Grimm Jr.
The creator of Mythic Quest.
- Abusive Parents: His father was physically abusive toward him, at one point putting out a cigarette on his arm for not turning his console off fast enough.
- Control Freak: Part of what makes him so hard to work with is that he's horribly controlling, always tweaking everything to his own specifications and never allowing anyone to do something by themselves. Both Ian and the staff even have a name for this, referring to it as "noodling".
- Disappeared Dad: To his son, Pootie Shoe. He provided financially for him, but was entirely absent for ten years of his life.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": His name is pronounced "Eye-an" rather than the traditional "Ee-an". It's eventually revealed that he changed the pronounciation to distance himself from his similarly-named abusive father.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ian is a egotistic micromanaging nightmare blinded by his own ambition, but he does genuinely desire to make the game an amazing experience, respects and cares about the fans and rarely sets out to purposely hurt someone with his actions.
David's new assistant.
- Ax-Crazy: She's disturbingly quick to suggest violent methods and is a big fan of watching animals get killed and eaten by other animals. The more death, the better.
- The Alleged Boss: David means well, but he's largely ineffective and his submissive personality means very few people take him seriously. He might be signing all their pay slips, but everyone feels comfortable mouthing off to him at any given opportunity.
- Manipulative Bastard: He enjoys manipulating everyone around him, throwing out successful Batman Gambits on a regular basis. Later it's revealed that his true love isn't money like everyone thinks, but control. Brad likes to own people.
- Necessarily Evil: Brad is a semi-sociopathic, greedy manipulator who has zero interest in making the game anything but a cash cow, and as such everyone else views him with suspicion at best. However, they all understand that he's absolutely vital to keeping Mythic Quest running, since it's his schemes that keep the money rolling in.
An award-winning writer whose time has mostly passed and the head writer for Mythic Quest.
- The Alcoholic: He has a pretty consistent drinking problem, and usually keeps a bottle or flask within reach.
- Eccentric Artist: C.W. is a genuinely talented writer, in addition to being hammy, melodramatic and just plain weird.
- Large Ham: He's about as extraordinarily hammy as you'd expect from a semi-delusional alcoholic genre writer.
- White-Dwarf Starlet: The height of his writing career was in the 1970s, and it seems to have been mostly downhill from there; when they dug him up and asked him to start writing the game's story, he was in a rotisserie chicken contest. (He did win the contest, though.)
A popular streamer with great influence over the gaming industry.
- Child Prodigy: He's a fourteen-year-old streamer who rakes in millions, has huge influence over the gaming industry, enjoys a massive and dedicated fanbase and is able to hack a professional gaming company to take control of an NPC. He's a smart cookie, and Ian is duly impressed.
- Good All Along: Perhaps not "good" but the fact that all his nasty actions come not from arrogance but a genuine-if-misguised attempt to re-connect with the father he hasn't seen in ten years paints him in a much more sympathetic light.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: A very grating streamer asshole. The entire staff at MQ consider him a piece of shit. Still, despite being obnoxious, he does provide for his mother and as contentious as their relationship might be, he does love her. All of his more villainous actions are an attempt to reach out to Ian from son to father.
- Phrase Catcher: Whenever he turns up, someone will call him a piece of shit.
- Stepford Smiler: Sue keeps her fragile mental state guarded with a painted-on smile and overly nice personality, with the true insanity and despair leaking out through the cracks in her facade from moment to moment.