The founder and first Arkhon of Aravea, Odon was born to a low ranking knight in the duchy of Vitoze. Throughout his childhood he spent his life learning the ethics of the knight before finally becoming one at age 21. Odon went to serve his lord, before eventually becoming embroiled in a war between his home and the Belkan Imperium. Following the death of the commander of his unit, Odon took charge and led the Vitozean forces to victory over the Belkans at the decisive battle of Mt. Schirm. In the aftermath of the battle the people of Vitoze, as well as its nobles pledged their support to the young ruler and named as the leader of the Duchy. Over the course of the next twenty years Odon would spend much of his life waging a war of unification meant to gather the southern kingdoms and states of the future Aravea under one banner so as to better resist Belkan aggression. Upon the fall of the last southern kingdom, Odon declared the formation of a new united kingdom that was to be called Aravea and thus became its first king. The new king would spend the remainder of his life waging war agains the Belkans, before finally being slain by an unknown assailant at the age of 54.
- 100% Adoration Rating: Played with as amongst the human population of the southern Aravean republics he is viewed as a hero by most, but is reviled by the draconis and Belkans.
- A Father to His Men:
- A God I Am Not: Was very insistent on this a result of the worship he received from the Razgrien Temple.
- Expy: Partially inspired by Charles the XII and Adolf Gustav, with bits of William the Conqueror mixed in.
- Founder of the Kingdom: Naturally considering he forged the country of Aravea and served as its first ruler.
- The Good King: Viewed as this by the majority of Aravea's human population. Inverted with the people of the Northern republics and the nonhuman population.
- God in Human Form: Viewed as one of the four incarnations or avatars of the god Razgriz by the members of the Razgrien Temple. Odon himself refuted the claim at every opportunity.
- Modest Royalty: Especially notable because Odon absolutely despises the trappings of royalty, instead preferring to live a spartan existence throughout his reign.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Even after becoming King he continued to fight and lead his men from the front lines. He even went so far as to call leaders who refused to follow such an example cowards who were unworthy of their titles.
- The Strategist: Odon served as this for the Duke of Vitoze for a time, before attaining command of the Duke's armies. Eventually he served as both this and commander for the army of the Kingdom of Aravea.
Sasha RandgrizThe daughter of Aravean Princess Anastasia and Belkan soldier Miles, Sasha is a former soldier and princess of Aravea. She served as a member of the Aravean defense forces for two decades (served in Special Operations and later as a member of the Imperial sentinels), before retiring to become a historian at the Imperial University. Nearly five years after leaving the ADF, she met Prince Frenze Blackfang during a symposium she was attending. Eventually became engaged to him (later married and became a Water Draconid as part of her trial.) Became Arkhon of Aravea alongside Frenze.
- Arranged Marriage: Her marriage to Frenze was one, but both parties did happen to be able to choose for it to go forward.
- Badass Bookworm: Has a fondness for studying history and politics.
- Cool Airship: The Gleipnir, an airship gifted to her and Frenze by Tyroth. She and her husband use it quite frequently in their travels
- Frontline General: She and her unit fought a three day battle against overwhelming odds after their transport crashed.
- Going Native: Was human before meeting Frenze. After the start of their arranged marriage, she was offered a Draconid body and accepted. As time progressed she slowly adopted Dystan cultural ideas.
- Happily Married: To Frenze.
- The Emperor: She is crowned Empress/Arkhon alongside her husband a century after their marriage.
- Making a Splash: Is a Water Draconid.
- Unexpected Successor: Her nomination as Arkhon completely caught the Aravean nobility off guard. Needless to say Sasha didn't expect it either.
- Warrior Princess: As stated previously, she fought on the front lines despite her status as a princess. Even after she became Arkhon, Sasha served as a military instructor and planner alongside her husband.
Vitalie FoulkeCurrent Head of House Foulke and Aravean Ambassador to Dyste, and an Ice Draconid, Vitalie is a high ranking Aravean noble who currently presides over the Aravean Imperial Council (an advisory/policy making body to the Arkhon). In addition to serving as an ambassador to Dyste, she has in the past fought in several Aravean conflicts as a member of the Zustand Magiers (State Mages). Also serves as a part time instructor at the Jultora Magus Institute. Married to Amon Foulke and has had two children through him,
- Ambadassador: She is Aravea's first ambassador to Dyste after all, while still managing to be a highly proficient magus/soldier.
- An Ice Person: Is an Ice Draconid and very skilled with ice magic/ice alchemy. Prior to becoming an Ice Draconid, Vitalie was known for having an affinity for ice alchemy
- Bi the Way
- Blue Blood: Is the Head of the Foulke noble family.
- Dad the Veteran: Vitalie's father Albrecht served in the Imperial Army during the Aravean civil war. Needless to say that his involvement with the military lead to Vitalie's immersion in it during childhood, which eventually led to her joining the army.
- Dating Catwoman: Vitalie and her husband Amon fought on opposite sides during the Belkan Insurrection and fell in love as they fought each other during the conflict. After the war, the two married.
- Going Native: Vitalie used to be a silicate until she was offered the chance to become a Draconid. After becoming one she slowly adopts her new homeland's views and ideals.
- Happily Married: To Amon. The two share a very loving relationship and even have two daughters.
- Lady of War: Throughout her time as a soldier, she was noted by her subordinates to maintain an air of grace and purpose on the battlefield. It also didn't hurt that she was daughter of one of the highest ranking nobles.
- Magic Knight: Not initially, but after resuming her duties as a Zustand she did work on becoming proficient with melee weaponry.
- Retired Badass: After her final tour in the war torn region of Belka, Vitalie retired and married Amon. From there she spent he next few years focusing on raising her family and being a diplomat.
The husband of Vitalie and current head chronicler of the Jultora Institute, Amon is a member of the Foulke noble family. Born as a human, he later became a draconid at the same time as his wife. Following his transferrence Amon began to chronicle thr story of the Dystan Black Fangs, eventually publishing a twelve volume anthology of their exploits along with numerous articles.
- Bi the Way: Not as much as his wife, but ever since moving to Dyste he has become more receptive to lovers of different sexes.
- Doting Parent: To his daughters Kallen and Cera as well as his future stepson Jylux
- Happily Married: To Vitalie
- House Husband: With his wife studying in Calberona or busy with her ambassadorial duties, Amon often takes care of housework or his children.
- Intrepid Reporter: Inverted somewhat as he focuses more on uncovering the truth behind various subjects rather than solely news. The best example of him being this trope is his journey to chronicle the history of the Black Fangs.
- Playing with Fire: Is a Fire draconid
- The Storyteller: Inverted somewhat as Amon is more or less a chronicler for the most part, but does from time to time indulge in this.
Leila von Andresova
The current Arkhon of Aravea, Leila has been serving in the position for the past ten years. Before becoming Arkhon she served in the Aravean Ground Defense Force as an Alexander(mecha) pilot, as well as a tactician. After retiring she married her sweetheart King Rick the Second of Archastan and reigned as Queen of the nation. Three years following this Leila was crowned Arkhon and would continue to hold the position for over a century, until passing the throne to Sasha Randgriz
- Badass Preacher: Played with as technically she is the head if the Nihonese Church as well as the Imperial Cathedral, but is not actually ordained.
- Doting Parent: To her two daughters and son(Amanda, Avalon, and Joseph)
- The High Queen : Was this during her time as Queen of Acharastan
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Inverted somewhat as she has platinum blonde hair, but she still nonetheless possesses a kind heart.
- Happily Married: To Rick the Second(At least until he was killed during an assassination attempt on Leila)
- Majorly Awesome: Held the rank of major at her retirement.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Continues to involve herself with the military and charitable causes even after officially retiring from it. Furthermore she has been know to occasionally serve as a field commander of the Imperial Sentinels
The Emperor of Great Corneria, a former knight of the realm who took over after gaining the powers of Chaos.
- Arch-Enemy: As far as foreign opponents go, Tyroth, the King of Dyste. The Warriors of Light are also this, but changes to the timeline makes this waver.
- Equal-Opportunity Evil: Allows elves and dwarves to enter military service, and has no problems with female soldiers either.
- Fallen Hero
- From Nobody to Nightmare: An ordinary knight from Corneria turned emperor and aspect of a deity.
- Resurrective Immortality: Can be killed - the Black Fangs have done it several times - but due to his connections with Chaos, will just be resurrected in a few days at the Chaos Shrine.
- Tin Tyrant: Is always seen wearing fully concealing armor, to the point where nobody in the nation has seen his face.
The High Chancellor and Communist Leader of Crystal Spires, Maven Auryn was born in the Valdeen Protectorate of what was then Crystal Spires and later became Carcenoan lands. During the Wars of Attrition he survived a genocide by being rescued and brought up as a templar in the Forntian Brotherhood which saved his life, but his guilt drove him to protect sapient beings at all costs.
- Beast Folk
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Cosmic Plaything
- Death Seeker: Due to his extreme survivor's guilt.
- The Determinator
- Dirty Communists: Notably averted to the point of having High-Class Glass.
- Doom Magnet: The Parasitic soul of the Evil God Zaiden brings misfortune to himself and all others around him.
- Happily Adopted: Gathers to him an extensive family that grows with every other visit to foreign countries.
- Immortality: Type VII with the Holy Flower of Zaiden, and Type IX by consuming Maven's innocent soul.
- Knight in Shining Armor
- Last of His Kind: Maven is the only living survivor of the Storkii He was actually born as a genetic mutation of a White Phoenix which is why Zaiden Chose to Possess Maven.
- Made of Iron: Chancellor Maven Auryn of Crystal Spires seems to have a proclivity towards getting shot by everything from AAA shells to standard bullets, and living. Averted and played straight. Maven has suffers permanent damage from some of these attempts on his life, but he believes to show weakness would be fatal because Crystal Spires is a Death World which showing such weakness would be fatal, so he pretends nothing is wrong, and goes to work. Furthermore he is kept alive by the parasitic immortal being Zaiden.
- The Pollyanna: And HOW! Despite Maven's horrific life and status as a Chew Toy, he tends to be strangely between determined courage and upbeat and cheerful.
- Principles Zealot: To the point of being considered de-facto Knight Templar of the Forntian Orthodox Idealists, and then turning it down, because according to Forntian Idealism it's reserved for one who have served their whole life dedicated to the Order and he refuses it because he is not dead.
- Really 700 Years Old: Well over a thousand, and still going strong.
- Stepford Smiler: Type A.
- Survivor's Guilt: Subverted Maven does not actively show this to be the case but he risks his life often and offers to throw his life away very often to make up for surviving, making him a Death Seeker.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: During the time of the Ethereal shift, the Mystrian nations go into war with one another. They declared all out hostility with the intention to fully exterminate one another leading to massacres on all sides. In the ensuing impurity, Maven lost faith in sapient beings, and Zaiden became massively corrupted. He decided to bring peace to the lands using an ancient method, which resulted in tearing a hole into the Ethereal plane. This forced the free energy to cover the entire plane of Mystria which threw it into the world theater, ripping apart the continent and splitting Yesopalitha from the mainland, and the result was a massive extinction of all life, but of course with the power of the Flower of Zaiden, Zaiden was able to resurrect all life, purging their memory at the cost of the near total obliteration of his soul, forcing him to consume the innocence from Maven's soul to sustain himself. While Mystrians have no recollection of the whole conflict,the massacres ended, leading to a tense but relative peace. Everyone was under the impression that the world did not end, but the visions of the end during the shift were merely a collective hallucination, due to the exposure to the Ethereal plane. No one died, of course there was a massive rip on the continent, but no fatalities! Of course one guy disagrees, but no one believes foxkin!
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- With Friends Like These...: More times than not, Maven's Allies are the ones who pose the greatest threats to his life despite the fact that he lives in a psychotic Death World.
- Zombie Advocate
The serious and stoic Minister of Foreign Affairs.
The refined and dignified Vice Chancellor of Crystal Spires and former Judgemaster.
Sanis Malunas Savenbloth
A Councillor in Kronas, and former inspector in the Mephistean police department.
A Councillor and a very influential party leader of the Communist party.
The first High Chancellor of Crystal Spires's democracy.
The founder and King of Dyste, Tyroth was originally the leader of the Black Fangs adventuring group, even after he was crowned, though eventually retired to focus more on administrative duties.
- 100% Adoration Rating: Widely loved in Dyste, enough that in spite of going from an absolute monarch to a constitutional one, he is well-respected enough that he still has a rather large influence in politics. However, this was NOT the case in his youth; several Draconid tribes were resistant to the idea of him in charge, and his adventuring lifestyle caused concern among his advisers.
- Acrofatic: Is surprisingly agile for a being of his size and weight.
- Adipose Rex: Mainly due to lacking the exercise adventuring gave him; he had a Heroic Build when he was still active.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The ruler and strongest warrior of the Draconid race.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Subverted; he was chosen as the ruler due to his charisma and efforts in uniting his people, not because of his skill on the battlefield.
- Badass Grandpa: Quite literal; he has seven grandchildren, and can still fight with the best of them.
- Bi the Way: Actually fairly common among his people, Tyroth has had both male and female lovers in his life.
- Big Eater
- Big Fun: Has put on weight since his adventuring days, but is still quite affable.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He has great talent in magic, but had rarely actually studied the craft. He becomes the Sage of Valor in the year 2238 at the age of 998. Averted with his weapon skills, which he started training at a young age.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Casting a Shadow: Is a Dark Draconid, who have innate skill with dark magic.
- Dark Is Not Evil: In spite of this, Tyroth is a hero of the Mystrian region.
- Color-Coded Patrician: His scale pattern (black with a golden underside) appears to be unique to him and his offspring, enough that Royal Family members can be identified by their scales alone.
- Cool Airship: The Gungnir, a luxury ship he uses to visit other nations.
- Cuddle Bug: When friends with someone, can be rather affectionate.
- Dead Person Impersonation: His 'Riley Jenkins' persona whenever he traveled as in a human form was based off a knight he fought alongside for a short time, until he was killed protecting a town from raiders.
- Epic Flail: His Weapon of Choice before becoming king, though still used on occasion when adventuring.
- Fiction 500: Even after spending a fortune in making and improving his kingdom, even for a species known for being good with money, Tyroth is still the wealthiest Dystan around. This wealth came not from being king, but rather his adventuring days; skilled adventurers in the past were known to amass fortunes in a matter of months, Tyroth adventured for centuries.
- Founder of the Kingdom: A notable case in that the founder is still alive and the ruler of the kingdom.
- Gentle Giant: Most Draconids are, but Tyroth in particular is like this; one of the reasons kobolds adore him.
- The Good King
- Happily Married: To Sarisa.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Has a few of these, due to befriending people both older and younger than him. Can also count as a MayflyDecember Friendship when those friends are mortal.
- Kavorka Man: Well, he is still considered attractive for his own kind, but he has a surprising amount of admirers even outside the reptilian species.
- Large and in Charge: He's only a foot and a half taller than the average Draconid, but is also rather bulky, making him appear even larger.
- Large Ham
- The Leader: Of the Black Fangs.
- Lord Country: Somewhat; is sometimes referred to as 'Tyroth Dyste' or 'King Dyste'. However, the 'Dyste' in his name is part of his title rather than his actual surname (that would be Blackfang)
- Master of All: A nickname for him in his adventuring days, due to seemingly being great at everything, though actually subverted; for all his talents, he was never good at archery or stealth, and while very talented in many fields some of his allies were better in specific ones.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Can do Ki Shouts, and has some training in Thu'um. One of his strongest techniques is the Roar of Darkness, which combined a Shout with his Breath Weapon.
- Medical Monarch: While not the primary healer of the Black Fangs (Mishera had that role), he is nevertheless trained in healing magic and served as the secondary healer.
- Physical God: Sort of. As the Champion of Bahamut, he is granted some of his power on occasion, particularly during a particularly deadly foe.
- Real Men Cook: Learned how to how from his adventuring days, and while he is no master chef, can still make some good meals.
- Retired Badass: He left the adventuring game after losing Jarl, also due to wanting to focus more on ruling Dyste. He returns to adventuring millennia later when it appears his old comrade may actually be still alive.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Was an adventurer for centuries even after he became king, and still frequently attends diplomatic events.
- Signature Laugh: "GHAHAHA!"
- Smoking Is Cool: Has a pipe given to him by a old friend. He doesn't smoke tobacco, though, instead preferring Hiryu Grass, a grass native to Dyste, cleaner and not hazardous to one's health.
- The Southpaw: Caused him problems during his early training, as people kept on trying to have him use weapons in his off hand.
- The Strategist: Was one for the Black Fangs, due to being the most experienced adventurer. He mainly specialized in plans for smaller parties rather than larger armies, however.
- Stout Strength
- Swiss Army Weapon: His main weapon, the Drakonroth, created by his wife, can become a sword, axe, or spear with the touch of a button. With its regal design in its normal form, it also serves as his scepter.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Prime Rib.
The Queen of Dyste, and Sage of Life. A tribal mage, she was Tyroth's original magic tutor.
- An Ice Person
- Benevolent Mage Ruler: Qualifies for this better than her husband, due to being a Sage.
- Deadpan Snarker: Probably the biggest one in Dyste, especially towards her husband.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Was this way towards Tyroth when they first met. Bonus points for being a literal Ice Queen.
- Happily Married: In spite of her snark, she deeply loves Tyroth and is his biggest supporter.
- Magic Staff: Her Weapon of Choice when she has to fight, though rather than hitting with it directly, it bolsters her ice attacks and has spell stored within for use.
- Medical Monarch: Like her husband, has skill in healing magic.
- Omniglot: Loves learning new languages, doing so as a hobby.
- One Steve Limit: Averted, there is another notable character in Dyste named Sarisa (a drow martial artist), who happens to be named after her.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: As well as administrative duties, she is a noted author in Dyste, writing both books on magic and recently trying to write fiction.
- Ruling Couple: Has been just as influential in running Dyste as her husband, being the de facto Head of State whenever Tyroth is out of the country. She also served as Acting Head of Government for Parliament before their first Prime Minister was elected.
- Unskilled, but Strong: While obviously skilled in magic, in combat she has little direct experience and relies more on powerful spells rather than tactics.
Kelvon 'Kel' Darkfire
A Fire Draconid fighter, Kel was recruited into the Black Fangs after being defeated by Tyroth in battle. He eventually became the Knight Commander of Dyste.
- Asexuality: Has no interest in romantic affairs.
- Blade on a Stick: Specifically, a halberd known as Gradvius enchanted by his own fire magic.
- Briefer Than They Think: In spite of being one of the first three Black Fangs, Kel had the shortest tenure of the five, being around for about a century before leaving the team in place of Lissah (though he still aided them from time to time). While a century is of course still a long time, it is only a fraction of the overall time the team was together, and compounded with the fact he is still portrayed in any media featuring them make people think he was a member for its entire duration.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Though he claims to this day he let Tyroth win.
- Glass Cannon: Sort of; as a Draconid he is tough and durable by nature, yet he still received more injuries than any other Black Fang.
- Javelin Thrower: His preferred ranged weapon.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Can be abrasive, and is one of the most likely to question the king's decisions, but ultimately means well.
- The Lancer: Of the Black Fangs; despite not being the second-in-command he was still the one who contrasted the most with Tyroth and the most willing to go against him.
- Playing with Fire
- Rugged Scar: Two, one across his chest and another over his right eye (the eye itself is undamaged)
- Stern Teacher: When taking students, is known for being tough but fair.
Jarlsberg 'Jarl' Thaumsmith
Tyroth's best friend, the Sage of Courage, and first recruit into the Black Fangs.
- The Ageless: Created an elixir that froze parts of his body in time, making him cease aging and cannot succumb to illness.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Specifically for making magical items, including Magitek. His efforts in the field helped create the city of Calberona and its main research facility, the Jarlsberg Institute.
- Ill Boy: Was sick for most of his life. While the elixir prevented him from dying due to it, it also made him feel perpetually sick.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Part-elf, part-human, with some demonic blood mixed in.
- Uneven Hybrid: He is the son of an elf and a half-elf, making him three-quarters elf.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In order to stop a demon lord from invading their home realm. His physical body was destroyed, but his soul was turned into a crystal, stuck in the infernal realm.
- Magic Staff: Specifically the Staff of Power, a staff that worked both as a melee weapon when absolutely necessary and held a handful of spells within.
- Nice Hat: Wore a stylish brimmed hat all the time; even some of his relatives have never seen him without it.
- Number Two: Was the second-in-command of the Black Fangs from its beginning until its dissolution.
- The Red Mage: Was skilled in multiple types of magic. He even wore clothing similar to the Trope Namer!
- Robe and Wizard Hat: His clothing of choice, even when not adventuring.
- Spell Book: Arguably his true Weapon of Choice, his is a Blessed Book that carries a thousand spells in its pages. Has a magical bookplate (which allows him to summon it to his hand) and bookmark (which hides the book's identity from detection spells)
- The Smart Guy: Of the Black Fangs.
- Squishy Wizard: Was the strongest spellcaster of the Black Fangs, but the weakest physically.
- The Pollyanna: The spite of his constant sickness, he never let it taint his view on the world, remaining friendly and positive all his life.
A Drow Druid, Mishera left her family after she saw the beauty of the world, later becoming the fourth member of the Black Fangs.
- Archer Archetype: Learned how to use a hand crossbow in her youth, though she avoided using one for decades while her family were enemies of the Black Fangs.
- Big, Friendly Dog: Has this demeanor in her modern-day wolf form, being rather affectionate.
- The Chick: Of the Black Fangs.
- Combat Medic: The best healer of the Black Fangs, she was no slouch in direct combat.
- Dissonant Serenity: Remained calm even in the most dire of situations.
- Druid: Obviously.
- Fragile Speedster: Her animal forms allowed her to move swiftly, but are not as durable as Tyroth, Kel, or Lissah.
- Magic Staff: Specifically the Staff of the Woodlands, which works as both a weapon and had a handful of nature-themed spells.
- Nature Hero: Part of being a Druid, after all. She usually stayed out of towns and cities unless necessary, preferring to live in the woods or in the shelters the party conjured.
- Never Mess with Granny: While she never looked particularly old, being a type of elf, she was still an active adventurer by the time some of her grandchildren were born.
- Noble Wolf: Her preferred Wild Shape form is that of a Dire Wolf.
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: Her state for about a century before being restored; she could only manifest herself in beast form, not her normal body.
- Simple Staff: Uses a magical quarterstaff when fighting in close quarters in her natural form.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Naturally. She can also talk to some plants.
- Suffer the Slings: What she used as her ranged weapon while avoiding using the hand crossbow.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: She has the ability to turn into most animals, as well as a few plants.
- White Sheep: Her family were a notorious noble family of slavers and demon worshipers.
Lissah (originally Thaag) Bonecrusher
An Orcess Paladin, Lissah became Tyroth's bodyguard after he became king, taking Kel's role on the Black Fangs.
- The Ageless: Due to drinking a modified version of Jarl's elixir; she is not immune to illnesses or status ailments, but she is immune to aging.
- Amazonian Beauty: A bit more thickset than most, but still qualifies.
- An Axe to Grind: Her Weapon of Choice, specifically Tarvos, an axe imbued with light magic.
- The Big Guy: Of the Black Fangs.
- Bi the Way
- Bodyguard Babes: She mainly took female apprentices, such as the Nord Hillana Sword-Shatter, who joined her as bodyguards to Tyroth, leading to this for most of the king's life.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Tyroth hardly needed protecting, but she is more than capable at the role.
- Bodyguard Crush: Her feelings for Tyroth are more than merely loyalty of a subject and her king...
- Desert Bandits: Was originally in a Orcish tribe of these, before leaving the life. Growing up in the desert is likely her reason behind her fondness for beaches.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Hates being referred to as Thaag, only answering to Lissah. She had her named legally changed a few decades after becoming a Black Fang.
- Embarrassing Last Name: Her last name is also a bit of a sore point to her, but unlike her first name, she had not changed it. She does not mind being referred to be her full name, but prefers her first name or 'Dame' over 'Ms. Bonecrusher'.
- Healing Hands: All part of being a Paladin.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Averted, she wears a helmet as part of her armor. However, she does not wear it unless in a combat situation (magic allows her to summon it onto her head as long as she's wearing the chest plate), and as such most statues and art of her depict her without one.
- Immortality Begins at 20: Averted, she was in her late 30's when she stopped aging.
- Mighty Glacier: Her magically-enhanced golden armor gave her the strongest defensive capabilities of the group, but also made her the slowest on her feet.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: She values honour and courage, hating the barbarism of the Orc tribe she grew up with.
- Our Orcs Are Different: Dystan Orcs are the Blizzardian type; even the desert bandits she was born into fit this better than the Tolkienite type.
- The Paladin: Of course!
- Really Gets Around: Not as much as Coriolis, but still one of the more notable Dystans in this regard. Unsurprisingly, this includes each other.
- Rings of Death: Chakrams are her preferred ranged weapon.
- Stout Strength: Has a build more like a weightlifter's than a bodybuilder's.
- Token Heroic Orc: Quite literally! Though there are other orcs living in Dyste, mainly those that believed in her ideals.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: When off-duty, due to living at the beaches of Undellah.
Coriolis 'Cori' Walz
Jarl's cousin, a Fey'ri (elf with strong demonic blood) and Sage of Beauty. Worked as a spy and information gatherer for the Black Fangs before becoming the lord of New Arclex, an elven settlement in the nation.
- Always Someone Better: One of the reasons he was never a full-time member of the Black Fangs was that he felt this way about Jarl, considering him a far superior spellcaster. In addition, he felt Mishera's shapeshifting was superior to his own, and while very strong for an elf, he couldn't match Tyroth, Kel, or Lissah. He was completely unaware that Jarl actually felt this way about him, considering his stronger demonic blood and natural shapeshifting ability to make him a better suited adventurer than he was.
- Amazon Chaser: While many types of people are his type, he does have a particular fondness for strong women, evidenced by his relationship with Lissah.
- Anything That Moves: Partially due to his strong demonic blood.
- Ethical Slut: Believes that sex is something to be enjoyed, not to be forced onto others.
- Gender Bender: Can assume a female form due to his polymorphing abilities, though he is still internally male.
- Horny Devils: His demonic part is that of an incubus.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Rather unsurprising, given his elven heritage.
- Mr. Fanservice: You better believe it!
- Nice Guy: In spite of his demonic heritage, Cori's a friendly guy who tries to retain good relations with everyone he meets. And in spite of his libido, he will only hook up with people that are interested in doing so.
- Power Perversion Potential: Better believe being a shapeshifter allows for this.
- Really Gets Around: Oh, so much.
- Sixth Ranger: Of the Black Fangs; he never considered himself a full-fledged member of the team, as he rarely joined them in combat or exploration.
- Shapeshifting Excludes Clothing: He actually no longer wears real clothing due to this; he cannot shapeshift anything that is not his actual body. He does give the illusion of clothing frequently with his powers.
- Shapeshifting Seducer: Does so all the time, though he will not turn into other people for this means without their consent.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: When direct combat was absolutely necessary, preferred turning his hands into demonic claws over carrying a weapon.
- Southern-Fried Genius: Well, sort of. He has the accent, at least, and is a skilled mage.
- True Beauty Is on the Inside: In spite of being rather attractive himself, he also believes this. Many of his lovers have not been conventionally attractive, but he tries to find the beauty and value in everyone.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Similar to the queen; he had a good amount of strength due to his demonic blood, but no training in weapons. However, unlike Queen Sarisa he was more skilled in using his spells in combat.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: More versatile than Mishera's, as he can turn himself into nearly anything. However, he cannot gain any special abilities of the form that are not physical in nature (e.g. he can turn into a Draconid and thus can fly with his wings, and is tougher and stronger, but cannot gain the magical abilities of the race)
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Almost never seen wearing anything on his upper body.
- Wealthy Philanthropist: Immensely rich due to being the partial heir to Jarl's fortune, he spends a lot of his wealth aiding projects and people he feels are worthwhile to help out.
The Prime Minister of Dyste and Sage of Truth.
- Blow You Away: Is a Wind Draconid.
- Child Prodigy: Showed talents in magic from an early age, and is the youngest Dystan to attain the rank of Sage.
- Eyes Always Shut: By choice, not by design; he is perfectly capable of sight, he prefers using his magical senses to see.
- Happily Adopted: By the Healer Nasir Jemson after the death of his parents.
- Straight Gay
Tyroth's eldest daughter, and member of the Royal Knights.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Her eldest daughter, Tyfis, is known to dread her coming to her workplace. Her son Frenze also shows embarrassment when she lavishes praise on him.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Must run in the family.
- Happily Married: To Axi-aru Angelus.
- Inept Mage: Is a rather weak spellcaster in spite of being from a species that is naturally gifted with magic.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: One of the strongest fighters in Dyste, along with being the Crown Princess and Daddy's Girl to the King.
- Red Baron: Called the Weapon Princess due to her skill with many types of weaponry.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: A princess in military service.
- Spoiled Brat: In her younger days. She grew out of it, for the most part.
Tynah's husband, the Sage of Dreams. An instructor at the Royal Magic Academy.
- Big Fun: Rather rotund, he is one of the most friendly Draconids around.
- Cool Airship: The Gae Bolg, his personal airship noted for its library.
- Gentle Giant: Arguably fits this even better than Tyroth; he is a noted pacifist and a kindhearted soul.
- Heavy Sleeper: Is known to doze off frequently; in fact, his Sage name was chosen due to this trait.
- Hot for Student: Downplayed; he was a tutor in magic for Tynah, but they only started dating after her lessons ended, and they are very close in age.
- Living Battery: Is capable of using his lightning magic to power electrical devices utilizing technology created by James Tinker.
- Shock and Awe: Is a Lightning Draconid; he is considered the strongest lightning magic user in Dyste.
Tynah's and Axi-aru's son. Is married to Sasha Randgriz of Aravea, who later becomes the Arkhon of the nation.
- Big Little Brother: Is the third-largest member of the Royal Family (after Tyroth and Tynah), but is one of the younger ones, being barely an adult.
- Cool Airship: The Gleipnir, the airship he shares with his wife.
- Happily Married: To Sasha Randgriz.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Completely averted; in spite of being the middle child of Tynah and also of the seven children between her and Mahks, he is actually Tynah's favourite and is looked up to by the younger half of Tyroth's grandkids.
- Not So Different: Actually has a lot in common with his mother, loath as he would be to admit it.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: In a way; the idea of the marriage was arranged by their families, but only after chemistry could be seen by them to begin with. They did a trial of two months to determine if they were right for one another before tying the knot.
- Royal Brat: Like his mother, he was like this when he was younger.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Similar to his mother, has been in military service before moving to Aravea with his wife.
- Those Two Guys: His two best friends, Jylux Kantus and Dramor Sabal, known in Aravea as the 'Christmas Dragons' due to their respective red and green scales.
- Warrior Prince: Joined the military as soon as he was legally able to, being trained by his mother.
Tyroth's son and younger brother of Tynah. The founder of Auram, the entertainment capital of Dyste.
- Family Theme Naming: Each of his children is named after one of Tyroth's adventuring partners.
- Happily Married: To Brunya Aquelios.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He runs a casino in Auram, and also serves as a representative for Dyste when his father is unavailable.
- Uncle Pennybags: His reasoning behind creating Auram was to give the people of Dyste a place to have fun and enjoy themselves.
Tarka 'Minityroth' Blackscales
Tyroth's kobold aide, the king is never seen in a foreign country without her by his side. Married Tyroth's grandson Kel, being the first non-Draconid Royal Family member. Had her scales magically altered to look like the king's, making her look somewhat like a miniature version of the king, hence her nickname.
- Ass in a Lion Skin: Despite clearly being a kobold, she sometimes tries to pass herself off as a young Draconid. Some people who are not as familiar with the species fall for it.
- Gender-Blender Name: Sort of; 'Tarka' is a feminine kobold name, but 'Minityroth' implies she is male.
- Interspecies Romance: Is married to Kel Blackfang, Tyroth's grandson.
- Promoted Fanboy: A massive fan of the king, before being hired onto his personal staff
- Translator Buddy: Being fluent in Common (albeit with a slur), she can translate for other kobolds for species that do not understand Kobosh.
- Undying Loyalty: To Tyroth
The granddaughter of the Order of Bahamut's High Priest, serves as a Royal Knight. Also known as 'Lavian the Paladin'.
- Carry a Big Stick: Prefers the mace in combat.
- Combat Medic: Serves as one of the strongest healers in the Royal Knights, while being no slouch in direct combat.
- Light 'em Up: Is a Light Draconid.
- Only Sane Woman: Particularly when having to deal with Princess Tynah.
- Religious Bruiser: A highly devout member of the Order of Bahamut, while being a powerhouse on the battlefield.
- The Paladin: It's in her nickname, even!
One of the Royal Knights, known as Blademaster Rylux.
- BFS: Uses a greatsword nearly the size of himself in battle, though he also carries a longsword when a smaller blade is needed.
- Magic Knight: One of the pioneers of the 'spellblade' technique of bolstering one's weapon with magical energy.
- Master Swordsman: Considered to be the greatest sword user in the nation.
- Shock and Awe: Is a Lightning Draconid.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: His son, Kreml, wishes to impress him, though he seems mostly oblivious to it.
The son of Lord Hydrux Aquelios, Vylon is the current head of the family's fishing business, and acts alongside his wife in aiding immigrants in moving to Dyste.
- Blue Blood: Averted; a lord's title in Dyste is non-hereditary and does not grant land or the like. It is more the equivalent of knighthood in some other countries (as 'knight' in Dyste is a military rank). Vylon and his father are both Lords, but he gained his title independently of Hydrux.
- Interspecies Romance: Is married to Kamoto, a Squirrel Beastling immigrant.
- Making a Splash: Is a Water Draconid.
- Non-Idle Rich: Plays an active role in the city of Undellah's community, and also is one of the biggest supporters of tourism and immigration to Dyste.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Savvy Guy to Kamoto.
Vylon's wife, a Squirrel Beastling. Works as a tour guide and model in the city of Undellah.
- Genki Girl: Never seems to run out of energy or enthusiasm.
- Interspecies Romance: Is married to Vylon, a Water Draconid.
- Little Bit Beastly
- Ms. Fanservice: She is very popular for tourists for this reason, and she seems aware of her status. In Vylon's case, he admits to ogling his wife, though in his case, he considers her tail her most attractive feature.
- The Pollyanna: Nearly always happy and cheerful.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Energetic Girl to Vylon.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With Vylon at times.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Due to living on the beach. Often jokes that she actually is rather well-dressed compared to her husband, who as a Draconid generally wears nothing.
Mishera's granddaughter, a drow martial artist and occasional representative for Dyste's elven community. Named after the Queen of Dyste.
- Bare-Fisted Monk
- Big Eater: Sometimes said to have the stomach of a Draconid.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Mitako Eichorn, a former student of hers. Although neither of them them are heterosexual (Mitako is bisexual, Sarisa is a lesbian), they do fit the trope.
- Heroic Lineage: However, none of her abilities are inherited from Mishera. She also prefers unarmed combat despite having some training in using a quarterstaff.
- Lesbian Jock: One of Dyste's premier athletes.
- One Steve Limit: Averted, as she shared the same given name as the queen. However, for this reason she rarely appears in roleplays with the queen, and even when they are both featured, almost never at the same time.
Jarl's half-brother, a full-blooded elf. The Sage of Bravery, he is a member of the Royal Guard, and one of the heads of the Jarlsberg Institute.
- Badass Bookworm: A magical researcher who is a member of the Royal Family's guard.
- Happily Married: To Lysiel, his childhood sweetheart.
- Foil: To his cousin, Coriolis. Cori has prominent demon blood, has black hair, generally wears only a pair of pants (if that), is rarely serious, and is known for his promiscuous nature. Reglay's demon blood is far more minor, he has silver hair, wears a full mage's outfit, is more straitlaced, and married shortly after coming to age. In spite of their differences, the two get along very well.
- Officer and a Gentleman
Granddaughter of Reglay and great-grandaughter of Mishera.
- Magical Girl Warrior
- Mixed Ancestry: Is a dwelf, a dwarf-elf hybrid, as well as her elf-blood being mixed drow and high elf. This leads to her having the black skin of her drow father, but hair and eye colours resembling her high elf mother.
- Psychic Powers: A few of them, which she began to develop in her sixties.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A pale green in her case. Mishera referred to her once as having 'Minty Fresh Hair'.
A human inventor originally from Great Corneria.
- Ditzy Genius: A talented inventor and researcher, often lacking in common sense.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Token Human: The only significant human character seen in Dyste.
Buckler 'Bucky' and Sheldon
A pair of shield guardians created by Jarlsberg Thausmith, the former for the king and the latter for himself.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Buckler in particular falls under this, as Tyroth was far stronger than it even when it was created. Granted, the king still finds use out of Bucky, both while he was still an adventurer and during his time as king. Sheldon, however, is a subversion; Jarl may be a powerful mage, but due to him being frail, having a tough construct to protect him was very useful.
- Golem: Shield Guardians are a magic-based construct in similar manner to a golem, able to be controlled by an amulet. They are mindless, incapable of independent thought.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Both have been damaged many times over the centuries they have been active. Thankfully, the magic within them gives them a latent Healing Factor, but they still need manual repairs if they take too much damage.
- Lesser Star: Sheldon was far more utilized than Bucky in the adventuring days on quests, with Bucky often staying behind to protect the king's family. Once the Royal Knights grew to a size this was no longer necessary Bucky did get used more often, though. However, in recent years, this has been reversed: due to Jarl's death, Sheldon's control amulet has been damaged, and now is following the protocols set by Jarl, which is to protect the Jarlsberg Institute. Bucky, on the other hand, has been put into action as one of Tyroth's guards following his increased diplomatic travel, being frequently seen with the king.
- Literal-Minded: They tend to take their instructions this way, due to lacking reasoning to do otherwise.
- Made Of Iron: They are notoriously tough, capable of taking massive amounts of punishment, but are not particularly fast, nor are they that impressive in combat, able to smash things with their fists but incapable of using weapons. Bonus points for actually being made of stone and iron (and wood and bronze)
- The Voiceless: They do not possess the capabilities of speech.
Arthur TraversThe First Minister of Kouralia, a Lord, an ex-Artillery Officer and the Captain of the Justiciars.
Bechy LianaThe personal assistant and civilian aide to Elena Campbell, Bechy Phoebe Cynthia Liana is a member of the Royal Adjutant Clerks' Service and close confidant of the royal.
- Asexuality: Is a virgin and has no desire to have sex: ever.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Well known among her friends and associates for being incredibly professional and having been seen precisely twice fully clothed and not wearing a suit - once was sportswear for a sporting event and once was in a ballgown for a white tie ball.
- Battle Butler: Who'd have thought that the aide, part of the administrative royal-centric branch of the civil service, was superior at fighting to the Commando, ATO or Security Service Agent in the group? Well, anyone who'd seen her with a spear or bow for one...
- Blade on a Stick: An enchanted bear spear common to members of the First Guild is not something she should have, and yet somehow that Magic Staff is something she carries frequently.
- Covert Group with Mundane Front: The Royal Adjutant Clerks are just civil servants and administrative staff for any aspect of the Kouralian government which is under the crown rather than the elected government. A small group in their numbers are also 'Dark Clerks' who do much less paper-based activities.
- Does Not Like Men: Simply doesn't enjoy their company, though not to the extent she used to. Now she neglects to kill them with unerring regularity - at least they're tolerable, if irksome by their presence alone.
- God in Human Form: The Goddess Artemis was tricked by her brother Apollo into assuming human form to protect one of his daughters in particular from an 'oncoming storm' he had foreseen. Unfortunately for her this immensely limits her powers, fortunately it doesn't do so enough to impinge on her ability to carry out that task - especially with her networking.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: The Kouralian Army in its marksmanship test demands a score of 40 to attain a pass, 60 to attain a 'First Class' distinction and 80 to attain 'Marksmanship' rating. On the request of Elena Campbell (who scored a 72) Bechy took the test without first being trained in the use of the weapon and attained a perfect score: the only one ever recorded, as it required perfect accuracy and a one-hole grouping on the initial 10-round grouping shoot.
- Knife Nut: Being an ISA Operations Commando, an Army Commando, a Silverfin Guards Commando, an Artemisian Dragoons Commando, a Naval Commando or a Royal Sky Commando (sense the hint with the naming?) entitles one to carry a fighting dagger in uniform at all times; while she may be trained and skilled to an excess compared to them, being a Dark Clerk does not convey that entitlement. This has not stopped her in the slightest.
- No Such Agency: The Dark Clerks do not exist. The Royal Adjutant Clerks' Service is a purely bureaucratic organisation. What do you mean you disbelieve? Stop asking questions.
Claas MikaelsenA Serjeant in the Royal Nemean Rangers of New Freedomstani descent, Claas Mikaelsen is the Section 2IC for Lieutenant Rose and thus notable for being one of the few Kouralians to have traveled through a Stargate.
- Badass Beard: Normally Kouralian Army regulation prohibits facial hair. Those under the employ of the Office of the Captain General Special Forces, however, are allowed to grow one provided it does not impact on their ability to do their job.
- Ranger: As a soldier of the Royal Nemean Rangers, an elite special reconnaissance regiment of the Kouralian Royal Army's Office of the Captain-General Special Forces, he undoubtedly qualifies as this.
- Sergeant Rock: Very much this to Lieutenant Rose.
Elena CampbellThe Heir to the throne of Kouralia, Crown Princess Elena Atalanta Eunomya Campbell of Chieti is one of the most famous Kouralians both because of her behaviour and the propensity for her to turn up abso-bloody-lutely everywhere. One of the perks of being a princess is very few people are willing to say 'can't go there/do that'.
- Badass Bookworm: While not especially sharing in the 'quiet' or 'physically unimposing' traits, Elena is incredibly passionate about reading and frequently retires from functions to find a quiet corner and read when she starts to find it all a bit much.
- Bayonet Ya: She's a Kouralian soldier. Anyone who knows anything about Kouralia will know that means bayonets.
- Cool Boat: While for the use of the whole royal family, Elena's propensity to travel to represent Kouralia means she gets to use the RKCV Seax aþArtemise more than her mother or brother. The ship in question is a near-200m-long, tumblehome, stealth-designed royal yacht. Powered by a nuclear reactor, carrying room for a utility helicopter, two uavs, one hundred and fifty embarked landing troops, four <20m-long fast attack craft, and packing a 57mm gun, two twin-40mm guns, and room for 10 ssms and 14 sams. It's a surprisingly scary ship, capable of defending itself most definitely.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: Why she joined a Commando regiment in the first place. Of course, she couldn't be allowed to join the Silverfin Guards or the Army Commandos, so had to be persuaded to join the (traditionally) least used and dangerous of the commando regiments.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: There is a reason why Kouralia's main protagonist/recurring pov Character is a Princess.
- Half-Human Hybrid: What? Elena? Not fully Human? Nah, dunno what you're talking about. She's TOTALLY human. Completely. In no way at all illegitimate and half non-human. Not even once.
- Knife Nut: While not especially a 'nut' in the sense of a psychopath/madwoman with a knife, as a Commando Elena was presented with a fighting dagger as a mark of that status, and all commandos are extensively trained in its use.
- Reluctant Ruler: While not actually a ruler, Elena's upbringing as an exiled princess sought by assassins of the interim republican regime has left her less than willing to adopt all the trappings of what some would consider a 'true' monarchy. Often refusing to be addressed by titles, flouting traditional social restrictions, seeking active deployments and to be able to do her job has ensured she's well liked as a princess, if not 'of the people', but 'for the people'.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: In addition to acting as a Counsellor of State, Princess Elena is also a Captain in the Royal Artemisian Dragoons - a platoon leader in Kouralia's elite anti-magic Commando regiment who's also received service medals for deployments in three conflicts, a decoration for bravery and a wound stripe.
- Semi-Divine: Her mother is Alyxandra Josephine Mæra Campbell, her father is Apollo.
- Warrior Princess: She's a Captain of one of Kouralia's elite Commando Regiments.
Gemma RoseA Lieutenant in the Royal Nemean Rangers, Gemma Rose has worked with Claas Mikaelsen for years as his Section Commander. Is notable for deployments to Midlonian controlled territory and for being one of the few Kouralians to have traveled through a Stargate.
- Blue Blood: Noted to be the eldest daughter of a Kouralian Baron - 'Rose' is not her actual surname.
- Ranger: As an officer of the Royal Nemean Rangers, an elite special reconnaissance regiment of the Kouralian Royal Army's Office of the Captain-General Special Forces, she undoubtedly qualifies as this.
Mæra AstorysalkuOne of the regular companions of Crown Princess Elena Campbell, Mæra is an Office of Irregular Activity, Commando-trained Senior Officer assigned to the team who guards the Royal Family and properties from occult or extra-terrestrial incursions. Previously worked for the Office of Royal Justice and as a Serjeant to the Gentlemen Inspectors.
- Blade on a Stick: Seen carrying an enchanted bear spear, the weapon of choice of members of the First Guild. Likely attained through her close (-ish) relationship with Bechy Liana.
- Boyish Short Hair: Her hair's certainly not long enough to reach her shoulders - both because she prefers the look and for practical reasons.
- Multicolored Hair: While naturally blonde, since being promoted and assigned to a task with more freedom about how she presents herself her short hair has been multiple shades of varying intensity.
- Nothing Up My Sleeve: Even when not carrying the battle gauntlets there's normally something strapped to her forearm for emergencies.
- Semi-Divine: Her mother is mortal and her father is Apollo
- The Men in Black: While it does have other, more visual and less ominous purposes, the Office of Irregular Activity does delve into the realms of this at times - and Mæra throws herself into it with reckless abandon. Her role as a Serjeant to the Gentlemen Inspectors also, to an extent, went into this.
- Tricked-Out Gloves: combined with Super Wrist-Gadget when on the war-path, the limited deployment Operations Commando battle gear includes weighted-knuckled gloves with integrated stun capability, body-hugging rigid plates to assist with receiving blows to the forearms, and the ability to attach either an integrated touch-screen computer and LED torch module or a double-barreled shotgun.
Thomas James ÐeræThe personal military aide to Elena Campbell, Captain Ðeræ of the Land Transport Corps is a Staff Officer who's previously worked as an Ammunition Technical Officer for the Royal Army.
- Blue Blood: Heir to the Dukedom of Ðeræ.
- Demolitions Expert: Being an ATO meant his job description was pretty much 'ensure munitions are stored correctly, destroy munitions past their use-by date, and defuse bombs.'
- Noble Wolf: Well, he's a Nobleman and a werewolf... So it counts, right?
- Noodle Incident: So he tore someone's throat out with his teeth. A-and that's about all that anyone's going to be able to get anyone else to say on the matter.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Lvpan Selenes are very much in the Discworld style of Werewolves.
The ruler of Lufenia. Cid is not a name, but rather a title.
Anneli Aranelya Zelda Noyela
The Grand Empress of Riemaia and Holy Mother of all Hylians.
- Badass Bookworm
- Benevolent Mage Ruler: The most powerful mage in Riemaia.
- Bi the Way: Though with a preference for women.
- Cool House: Her house is a traditional Hylian-style set of domes including a magical mirror that shows the viewer the truths they don't wish to see, teleportation pads instead of stairs, and painted in all sorts of vibrant colors.
- Genki Girl
- High Priestess: Shes the head of her peoples religion!
- The High Queen: Beautiful, intelligent, and loved by the people.
- Identical Granddaughter: Is said to look almost exactly like her paternal grandmother in her youth.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Tyroth, who befriended several generations of her family.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She owns and runs a megacorporation in New Dornalia, and is the active religious head of the Hylians.
- Simple, yet Opulent: Rarely dresses in anything more flashier than a white gown, but always makes sure its made of the finest of materials possible.
- The Southpaw: She's a lefty.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Like all Hylians, she likes pumpkin soup with a dash of cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Wine Is Classy: Loves to drink magical wine.
August Phosphor IV
The young prince of Sfesque.
- Naïve Newcomer: He is still new to ruling a country.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- The Wise Prince: He lacks faith in himself, but has the heart and conscience needed to become The Good King someday.
- The Comically Serious
- Consummate Liar
- Evil Chancellor: Albeit of the Necessary Evil variety; he is still very loyal to the prince and his country.
- My Country, Right or Wrong
- Opposed Mentors: With Ardent Credenda, both of which act as a Parental Substitute for Prince Phosphor.
- The Spock
- High Priestess: Of the Dragostism faith.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- Like a Son to Me: Considers Phosphor this, in no small part due to her history with his family.
- Older Than They Look
- Opposed Mentors: With Absolving Catharsis, both of which act as a Parental Substitute for Prince Phosphor.
- Team Mom
- The Ace: One of Sfesque's most legendary and storied Cathars and always something of a prodigy.
- Magical Girl Warrior: Inspired by the genre and has a lot in common with The Paladin too.
- For Great Justice: Is there no more worthy cause?
- Knight in Shining Armor: Quite literally since shes a Fish out of Temporal Water
The current President of Silverdale.
SnowThe Oracle of Winter and Princess of Silverdale, Snow oversees the lands in the South Pole and protects them from danger. However, she mysteriously disappeared in the 20's and reappeared in modern times to help Silverdale from grave danger.
- An Ice Person: Exaggerated as she transformed into a literal ice pony and can just about freeze anything she sets her eyes on.
- Winter Royal Lady: She is called Princess Snow for a reason!