-Who We Are, Imagine Dragons
The Iridium Wonders in My Superhero Academy
The Iridium Wonders, like every other squad, formed on Hallow's Eve 2018. They very quickly established some Team Spirit and even now have the most developed team identity in the class. They were the first to name themselves, have a set of sentai poses, and often participate in team training and off-campus activities.
- Beware the Silly Ones: A very lighthearted bunch who rarely dwell over angst and often enjoy hamming it up. (All of them quickly picked up on the idea of sentai poses). Also the heaviest concentration of angsty, often bloody experiences, outsiders (in many senses), and enigmatically 'chosen ones'.
- Cutting the Knot: Quick to do this, especially Ever Green.
- Initiation Ceremony: With everything from rubber chickens to unicycles to being fired out of a cannon. They like to welcome new members in a special way.
- The Plan: The below-mentioned team spirit means that they can actually do this.
- Supernatural Team: Very well equipped to handle preternatural threats.
- Tactical Withdrawal: After disintegrating in the first test, they finish the second exam in record time. Mostly by very efficiently sweeping up civilians then icing and just leaving the villain, whom they knew they didn't have to battle.
- Team Spirit: As noted, have a very well established team identity and dynamic. There's unique (read: actual) synergy when the Iridium Wonders take on a task.
Unfurled Aura of Druj Mahvash
Briefly: Mahvash being on the side of Saint and his heroes comes more from "nobility" than "goodness." She's both adventurous and charitable, if only because, staying still too long is quite unfulfilling, there's little (materially) that she really wants, and she loves attentionnote and projects. None of this indicates empathy though.
Mahvash is more than aware of life as a Wide Open Sand Box and that she has the might to move mountains her way. She both revels in that power and is constantly refining it and seeking its best outlets. Random destruction she found unfulfilling. Most of the time. For the moment, the daeva considers herself Class 1's Good Shepherd.
A Few Tropes—Bio
- Alien Psychology: Besides being Mahvash (See below), she's naturally note attracted to the residue of filth, sex, and death and decay, has No Blood Ties, and a grandiose sense of responsibility without anything like agape. On a personal level, she'll happily declare that she's a God of Evil note , and gives even Saint's sense of morality a critical gaze.
- Ascended Daeva: Almost. She wants to ascend "the right way." She's aware that she has to "adapt" and feels responsible for keeping the world, but does not readily accept others defining either morality and reason. Mahvash joining the school in the first place is less a result of a sudden epiphany or some Shocking Defeat Legacy and more working on "sustainable evil."
- Assimilator: Why waste what one recovers from a battle? Mahvash will happily pick up souvenirs and learn from her foes and "friends" alike. Most notably, Druj Mahvash uses the magic touch of one of her classmates and variant copies of the others abilities to imbue things without destroying them.
- Black Magic Knight: Elegant and composed and prefers to complement spellcraft with weapon styles. And the occasional wrestling move.
- Brutal Honesty: Has few qualms about telling people exactly what they don't want to hear if they're unwary enough to ask her opinion.
- Combat Pragmatist: While she enjoys her conflicts, she does intend to end them in her favor, preferably without giving the other a chance to retaliate. She's not quite a No-Nonsense Nemesis though, as she enjoys conversing with enemies and studying the context mid fight, and enjoys tricks, even developing wings because they looked cool. She'll still cut opponents with their edges—or let them forget that they're flowing destruction in the shape of wings.
- Contralto of Danger: This and Voice of the Legion (and a Persian accent) characterize her normal voice.
- Creepy Good: As noted in story, Mahvash is... Mahvash.
- The Dreaded: She tends to make people wary by her very presence, earlier Mikael and Lucy, and later, Ash and Dawn.
- Double Consciousness: Made of Evil (or at least born from it) and revels in it and intent on joining the human club tm and being a somewhat respectable deity among them.
- Forgiven, but Not Forgotten: Will happily overlook insults and transgressions to "clear the air"—but she'll never actually forget the incident. She's not one for grudges at all. Mahvash went out of her way to exorcise a corruption from Rosalinda (the one who set her on fire) and welcomes her back without much fuss.
- Ghostly Chill: Mahvash is very cold to the touch.
- Holy Burns Evil: Very literally. Adar note is anathema to her. "Everyday" fire is hardly better for her. She has a better defense against it than ritual-made atar, but fire attacks are still debilitating, with the exception of Hell-Fire.
- Holy Halo: A perfect black body note , and quite visible.
Whether or not its tangible depends on rule of funny.Complete with note Phosphor-Essence, for aside from her halo, she has a constant dimness about her.
- Humanoid Abomination: Mahvash looks human enough in her familiar form, and even has a pulse, not that it means anything or ever changes. This is only Mertensian mimicry, and her apparent flesh isn't. She also obviously doesn't breathe and dove from Godzilla's head to hard tiles, laughing. The nurse cannot heal her, and there's no guarantee, say, a surgeon would see the same internal anatomy each time he opened her up or even during. Oh and there's the halo and the environment dimming in her presence. Mahvash also makes use of the little bits of defeated foes that she decides to carry along to grow as much as possible from every encounter.
- Properly Paranoid: Played With, but she's often prepared for threats from people who have given her no reason to suspect them, and her history has given her a very quick reaction time to danger. She still thinks Saint Academy will try to have her killed when she stops being useful. The "everyday" madness of the place is well within her comfort zone.
- Modernized God: Mahvash drives, has an updated post-20th century ideology on 'sustainable evil' and considers herself an environmentalist, has learned several trades, is actively developing a marketing strategy for humans and others to out compete her cousins and siblings, and is happy to appear and get into the thick of it herself.
- Moral Myopia: Goes to great lengths to rescue, care for, and dote on those she considers herself close to. She'll rescue others when asked, but that doesn't mean that this is important to her.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Daeva aren't generally known for heroics, and Mahvash is still...Mahvash after a long time learning.
- Name That Unfolds Like Lotus Blossom
- Normal Fish in a Tiny Pond: Mahvash is a very minor 'house-level' deity among gods, cosmic horrors, or even the small subgrouping of daeva. Even she didn't realize how far this would go away from her kind and in Saint Academy.
- Our Gods Are Greater: Still a daeva, albeit lower tier note . Mikael confusing her with a demon is a particular aggravation. She can reach souls, create clerics and "chosen ones," and of course exercise her own innate power, but these all come with ...twists. Although, per modern taxonomy, Mahvash and her kind are other things haphazardly lumped into a category with the likes of Yazata, Olympians, Baals, etc.
- Parental Substitute: The major reason she's as adjusted and grounded as she is. On the other end, this is her main pursuit in any social circle.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Is far from reluctant to hurt her opponents. Again, she loves her job and the sounds. Although, Saint would prefer she emphasize the inspiration part over the smiting part. While Mahvash is not quite as extreme as the first example on that page, she starts of with perhaps the cruelest fighting style. note This is also the inevitable result of anyone sending Mahvash on a "good" task pre-Saint Academy. This levels off particularly, by Parents' Day.
- Physical God: What she constantly works on being, complete with a following and place in making the world tick..
- Pragmatic Hero: When faced with sadistic choices, she's pretty steadfast in hers and will make them without hesitation or regret.
- Poisonous Friend / Psycho Sidekick: Mahvash has a peculiar moral code, but she's hospitable to her companions and teachers.
- Renaissance Woman: She's picked up about every skill that caught her interest during her time on Earth.
- Self-Constructed Being: She has no true form, but maintains her "familiar" form by borrowing the tulpa creation method. And her whole personality, is a constructed thing.
- Slave to PR: Played With
- It is oh-so-averted with regard to how classically heroic she wants to be seen. Mahvash just wants to be the one that saves people and solves the problem, and is properly relied upon for both. She's happy to be a "beautiful nightmare" in broad daylight and even alludes to being the devil to Mikael, but as she assures her companions, she's their nightmare—and better be their favorite too.
- On the other hand, she wants to be her companions' (and her kin's) Good Shepherd, and does try to offer them spiritual guidance.
- Spirited Cavalier Competitor: LOVES to be right in the middle of chaos and disaster, and she loves the challenge in solving it too, so, she'll save civvies at least while she's enjoying herself. Mahvash enjoys her line of work and is one of the few trainees not to show even a hint of shell shock upon the first "test" (read: mob of wild barbarians being thrown at them sink-or-swim style). And she's rarely anything but sweet on the job too.
- Talented, but Trained: It's not for nothing that one often finds her in the training room, refining her skills through Mundane Utility, studying in the lab or on the field, thinking up applications for her classmates' talents, or copying and notating books. Mahvash has also been in the thick of adventure, intrigue, and deadly danger for much longer than she's been in school.
- Taught by Experience: Related to the above, she spent much of her youth being the one to stick pennies in sockets and to try to mimic web swings... with predictable results. The same intrepid spirit did lead her to her talents and ability to problem-solve under pressure.
- With Great Power Comes Great Perks: Mahvash has no secret identity, and integrates her power into every fiber of her life from teleporting to the Andes Mountains for evening walks to "shopping" by picking discarded foodstuffs up from farms all over the world and making money by fast tunneling. Smiting enemies just so happens to be another perk. As does supporting her kin (and not-quite-friends).
- Wrestler in All of Us: Favors koshti pahlavāni, a submission-grappling based style. That and snarling, sudden lunges, ambushes, and dirty tricks. Much as she enjoys wrapping others up, she prefers other styles.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Will invoke this on friends and enemies alike. Their treatment will differ of course.
A Few Tropes—Powers
- Swiss-Army Superpower: Mahvash's mastery of her domain, including her extended essence, the khvarenah is her mainstay, and her aura's severe taint isn't even its primary function, just a side-effect of exposure to anything. She's much more apt to use her body and aura as a medium for power stunts and spell effects. All of the powers below are just how she typically exercises her two abilities.
- Biomanipulation: Once granted permission, others' bodies become her domain as well...
- Greater Somesthesis: Mahvash's dominant senses are tactile, and she feels people and things and the auras of both in great detail.
- Variant Power Copying: Mahvash uses her mediumship to sample attacks thrown at her and add them to her own repertoire. Not that its perfect. Her copy of a flamethrower won't be a fire, it'll be burst of her own aura with similar movements and perhaps heat if she does it right. (She can't change her element, at least not with as by her innate power). Examples include:
- Harmful Healing: Mahvash essentially sewing flesh and power from her own body into someone—which continually and inevitably burns away at the target, but keeps them moving and alive (or at least the soul with the body) until proper help can arrive. Yes, this hurts and feels wrong as its essentially jury-rigged necromancy. The move is extremely unnatural.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Raw projections of Mahvash's aura or... fleshy bits.
- Special Movement: By her nature, Mahvash has a tendency to just appear places, and it's an unwary person who lets her out of their sight or expects her to keep out of places where "she couldn't possibly be."
- Just Skipping: A short range "skip" in spacetime that Mahvash uses to change her position or make otherwise ordinary movements while avoiding obstacles. She appears to flicker before appearing elsewhere, leaving a brief phantasm in her prior location.
- Soul Power: Mahvash spreading blessings through the souls of followers and others so allowed. She doesn't have one herself, at least a separate, ethereal soul.
- Unholy Nuke: Something she used to do as a child, and still does when lots of things have to disappear quickly and nothing you care for is nearby.
An extremely calm and somewhat devious plant girl of variable appearance. She shows affection to a select few, but is not above pranks nor going out of her way to investigate disturbances.
- Clothing Appendage: Averted. Ever Green wears human/alien clothing to be more human.
- Cutting the Knot: Tends to solve problems in the most direct and efficient way possible.
- Green Thumb: Of course. Doesn't quite make her a Friend to All Living Things. She burned her Evil Counterpart without hesitation or remorse and barely raised a fuss when she found Mahvash in the middle of a circle of barren earth.
A polite and sweet cyborg. Sally used to live in orphanage up until she was was caught up in villain attack at the age of nine. She was gravely injured until heroine Armada saved her via giving her metallic replacements for what was lost to keep her alive. Since then, Sally has become Armada's adopted daughter and has dedicated herself to being a hero.
- An Arm and a Leg: She lost parts of her arms and her legs in a villain attack. Thankfully... However, it happens again in Holding Too Tightly, Afraid To Lose Control, this time to the prosthetics.
- Artificial Limbs: They were replaced with metal replacements.
- Brain Uploading: In order to survive after losing her metal parts, she ends up uploading to an android body.
- Cannot Spit It Out: As her diary shows, she has yet to confess to her crush, who is revealed to be Ryuu. Averted once she finally confesses
- The Chick: She tries to help out and cares about her squad mates.
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: Wears two pink heart hair clips on both sides of her head. They also store her visor.
- Following in Their Rescuer's Footsteps: She aspires to be a hero like Armada after being rescued from near death.
- Fragile Flower: Can be rather sensitive.
- Girly Girl
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Has a collection of stuffed animals back at home.
- Happily Adopted: By Armada
- Hand Blast: Her main way of attacking by letting out blasts of energy from her palms.
- Heart Symbol: Her hair clips again.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Is starting to show signs of it, primarily thinking she has not done enough for the squad. She also had this after screwing up the werewolf trap the others set up which led to Ellie being attacked.
- Hollywood Cyborg
- The Ingenue: Polite and sweet but, still naïve to the world.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Downplayed in her superhero suit is a pink spandex dress.
- Luminescent Blush: Has gotten this twice now around Ryuu and has hidden it both times. She has told herself the blushing means nothing more.
- Nice Girl
- Number Two: Has been assigned this role alongside Ever Green by Mahvash.
- Official Couple: With Ryuu as of "Don't Tell What You Think I Can Be".
- Parental Abandonment: Her birth parents are nowhere to be seen.
- Pink Means Feminine: Primarily wears pink and is a sweet girly girl.
- Power Gives You Wings: Downplayed in that her metallic wings let her hover and boost faster.
- Power Floats: Can levitate off the ground with her wings.
- Robot Girl: Due to Brain Uploading, she is becomes one as of Holding Too Tightly, Afraid To Lose Control
- Secret Diary: Has one on her which reveals she has a crush.
- Shrinking Violet: Can be rather shy from time to time though she is growing out of it.
- We Can Rebuild Him: She became a cyborg after being rescued from near death in a villain attack.
Dante is the dramatic, dorkish son of a rich costumist, whose soul got sealed inside a mask by a demon. He uses the power of the 10 Enchanted Masks of Dementius.
- Adorkable: Dante can be pretty dorkish sometimes.
- Bishōnen: He even got some compliments from Ellie.
- Combat Pragmatist: He can use the powers of his masks in pretty creative ways.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Thanks to the Enchanted Masks of Dementius, he is this.
- Genki Guy: He can be pretty excitable.
- Gratuitous Italian/ Gratuitous Latin: Dante uses the former mostly when he feels strong emotions (including Foreign Cuss Words). He uses the latter to sound more dramatic.
- Expecting Someone Taller: You'd think that the son of an respectable upper-class celebrity would be pretty tall, since his father is. But that's not the case: Dante, while not a midget, isn't really that tall. Around half of the class is taller than him, with students like Mahvash and Martin (his former crush and former rival, respectively) towering over him.
- Fantastic Racism: Subverted. He hated demons, at first, thanks to Dementius' attack at Venice, but he isn't anymore.
- Foil: To Iona. They're both magical Italians with animal companions. Iona is a middle-class Squishy Wizard, while Dante is a upper-class magic mask user.
- Foreign Exchange Student: He originates from Venice, in Italy.
- Heroic B So D: He had one during the first round of the License Exams. He almost burned alive his fellow squadmate Iris. And she got really traumatized from that.
- Large Ham: He likes that ham up what he says to sound more grandiose and dramatic.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Zigzagged. He is the son of an upper-class costumist and has got lots of friends at Venice.
- Madness Mantra: KILLMAIMDESTROYKILLMAIMDESTROY. He heard it when he tried to possess one of the werewolf attackers on the First Day as Purgatorio Dante.
- Mask of Power / Morph Weapons: He has got the ten Enchanted Masks Of Dementius, which transform him and grant him different powers, depending on the mask:
- The Schizo Mask gives him Emotion Control. If mastered, the power evolves into Mind Control.
- The Fatuo Mask gives him fire powers.
- The Purgatorio Mask transforms him into The Ghost.
- The Incognito Mask gives him Voluntary Shapeshifting.
- The Wonder Masquerade Mask gives him Super Strength and Super Reflexes.
- The Sirena Mask transforms him into an Enthralling Siren.
- The Alvea Mask transforms him into a shrinking yet multiplying swarm of arachno-insectoids, with him as the center of the Hive Mind. It emphasizes on the strength of numbers.
- The Senso Mask gives him Super Senses and Psychic Powers.
- The Praecox Mask transforms his into a literal spider man that can go from One to Million to One (species-shifting spiders).
- The Desossi Masquerade Mask gives the power to copy the species of whatever (sapient) nonhuman and gain the powers common to their species, including an unique power.
- Peek-a-Bangs: He has got a bang that covers his right eye.
- Ship Tease: With Mahvash.
- Token Human: Played With. The masks can transform him into something far from human.
- Trauma Button: Werewolves, Gaea and that Madness Mantra.