-Who We Are, Imagine Dragons
Squad Three in My Superhero Academy
The Class's battering ram. They're the first to charge into a situation, a trend that stretches back to before there were squads.
- Anti-Hero Team: The presence of Rebecca is more than balanced out by Mikael and Octavius.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: The squad. When they see a problem, the collective response is 'smash it!'
- The Berserker: They smash through obstacles and are damn good at it.
- I Did What I Had to Do: The Team.
- Token Good Teammate: Rebecca is the token cape.
A German-American hunter, raised by his elderly (and somewhat paranoid) grandfather. His mother died not long after he was born, and his father ran out before Mikael ever met him. Mikael suspected his powers come from his deadbeat dad, as no one else in his family has powers. And he turned out to be right when his sister introduced him to half-demonhood.
He's generally blunt and brutally honest but also well outgoing and friendly to those he's not suspicious of. He doesn't easily trust people. Has the power to empower objects over time, slowly improving them and eventually causing them to gain minor powers. On top of being a F Lying Brick.
- Archer Archetype: Albeit one who hunts a lot
- Bottomless Magazines: Thanks to his power, his quiver never runs out of crossbow bolts.
- Character Development: Starts out as a rough-edged, male demon hunter who would stop at nothing to eradicate demons and other such monsters from the face of the Earth.
- Clothes Make the Superman: Zig-zagged. He has a power, which he uses to make his clothes and weapons, but if separated from the things he's created his power works too slowly to be of use.
- Covered with Scars: His arms have numerous scars from the animals he's hunted. His face is conspicuously free of them.
- Disappeared Dad: He never knew his father, but theorizes that his powers come from the man. Though as it turns out, Zamael wasn't exactly a man...
- Expy: He's Rip Van Winkle with the powers of Dauntless. And he looks like Link.
- The Magic Touch: His power.
- No "Arc" in "Archery": Invoked. His crossbows are empowered to ignore gravity in order to better hit their targets.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Invoked - Mikael worries that, being a blonde-haired and blue-eyed German, he'll catch the eye of the school's resident (former) Nazi doctor.
- Shout-Out: In addition to the traits under Expy, Mikael's costume bears a striking resemblance to the garb of the Good Hunter. His last name is derived from Der Freischutz, which he can be heard singing in his introductory post.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: In Mikael's case, he uses crossbows with blunted or tranquilizer bolts, specifically because they aren't lethal.
- Bloody Murder: A very, very well trained user of blood - he can ignite his blood, control it into various blades, use it as poison...
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite reminding many people of Alucard with his power set, and being somewhat overeager for a worthy foe, he's a surprisingly moral sort, and desires to become a full fledged hero.
- Double Knockout: What his fight with Ash ended in - that, and a severely wrecked training area.
- Familiar: He has more than 60 deadly animals he can call upon, and quite a few more exotic creatures besides.
- Healing Factor: Together with shapeshifting - he is very difficult to kill with this in mind.
- Hell Hound: His "Black Hound" and his various evil looking wolves.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Uses his blade, the Chikage, in this fashion, drawing it from his arm mounted shield.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: He has six layers of Not Lefthanded - Level 5 thru 0 Restraints, with Level 0 requiring multiple people to verify the need for it to happen, and it can only happen at night.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Explicitly refers to being a part of the "Wallachian Court", descended from Dracula himself. He is a vampire much in the vein of a Hellsing-style "True Vampire", having a menagerie of powers, and locking them behind restraints. He does however abjectly refuse human familiars, citing the act as inhumane.
- Warrior Prince: One of several in fact! He is said to be the middle child of the family, and the moral one out of his siblings, implying they are far less principled in as far as their powers.
- White Sheep: In comparison with his brothers.
Rebecca displays of love of superheroes that borders on obsession, and is driven by an intense excitement at becoming one herself. She has desired to be a superhero and idealized them from a very young age, and her response when a swamp spirit bonded with her without her consent, giving her powers in the process, was only of momentary anger before Rebecca delightfully embraced her new opportunity to go superheroing. Rebecca's bond with Elly has given her power of 'anything putrid or filthy', and she had the added benefit of being the only student of Class 1 to arrive with her morals and priorities more or less straight—at least for becoming a superhero in Saint's mold.
- Apocalypse Maiden: The Lethal Legion and some inter-dimensional conquerors show interest in making Rebecca their plaguemaster/ Doomsday Device to threaten the world with unstoppable pestilence.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Rebecca has never wanted to be anything but a superhero.
- The Cape: For a long time, the closest Class 1 had to an Ideal Hero and the only one who attended the school to follow the trail of Saint and the others and be a hero for its own sake. Saint himself said "[Rebecca had] more of a right to be [at the academy] than half of the students [there]." Even now, she's the shining cape of squad 3 and the straight man.
- Elemental Powers: Rebecca controls those things filthy and putrid.
- Make Them Rot: Rebecca's pollution is super effective against plant life—as Ever Green found out. Rebecca being Rebecca, she took the hit almost as hard as Ever Green.
- Walking Wasteland: Rebecca's touch putrefies water, even when she's drinking it. She has to put in active effort not to spoil everything around her, especially at breakfast and lunch hour. She's still not allowed in restaurants these days.
- Heroic BSoD: Not unlike Lucy, is prone to self-blame, no matter her actual culpability in an incident. As late as the tournament arc she blames herself for the lost people in the Outdoor Pool incident. note At the tournament itself, she blames herself for Victoria being bitten by a werewolf—whom Rebecca had never met that just happened to cross the finish line at that time and go into a frenzy at Rebecca's very smell. Said werewolf, Rachel, had also missed her shots, which were supposed to prevent the whole spread of lycanthropy thing.
- The Leader: Shows traits of this around the Outdoor Pool arc, and not of a soft leader either. Even before and after this incident, Rebecca is Class 1's biggest cape.
A social media star of Japanese and British origins who is into modeling and fashion-blogging, groomed since her birth to become a winner and the pride of the family. During her teenage years she came into contact with an alien artifact (dubbed "Shimmer Shield"note by her family), which is making her stronger with each new mutation.
- Alpha Bitch: Being a rich social media star, she won't refrain from being sassy and an attention whore.
- Attack Reflector: Her Shimmer Shield can reflect any energy(including light) beam/projectile thrown at it.
- Celebrity Superhero: She is an Internet star who wants to further increase her popularity by joining the Saint Foundation and becoming a hero.
- Corporate-Sponsored Superhero: By the start of My Superhero City Hide Behind An Empty Face, she starts getting sponsered by the Blackburn Corporation.
- Ditzy Genius: While she is pretty competent in terms of intellect, she may sometimes act clueless.
- Genki Girl: She can sometimes get overly excited.
- Imported Alien Phlebotinum: The Shimmer Shield is actually an otherworldly weapon, crafted by an alien race, that got sent into the darkest reaches of space in hopes that the first being who bathes in its light will be transformed into a hero by it and save them from their Darkest Hour.
- Kawaiiko: The poses she makes are an instance of this.
- Large Ham: She can sometimes be pretentious and grandiose.
- Magic Mirror: The Shimmer Shield can reflect energy projectiles/beams (as mentioned above. Its radiation also heightens Mari's physical capabilities and also make use her reflections as portals.
- Mutant: With the Shimmer Shield being the catalyst of these mutations.
- Shield Bash