The characters of My Summer Car
open/close all folders
The Player Character and His Family
The Player Character
"Painu vittuun, saatana!" TranslationThe player character of My Summer Car. A 19-year-old man tasked with rebuilding his dad's old car while his parents are away. Also needing to do various odd-jobs in order to pay for food and car parts.
- The Alcoholic: Implied, though this depends on the player. Beer is the easiest way to lower your thirst but nothing is stopping you from only drinking water or milk.
- Butt-Monkey: Left alone by his parents to do their work as well as work on the Satsuma and fend for himself.
- Grease Monkey: Is very skilled witch machinery to the point where he can build a car and its engine from the ground up.
- Renaissance Man: Firewood chopper, sewage truck driver, car mechanic, moonshine brewer, rally car driver, strawberry picker, fisherman, computer gamer. The man knows how to keep himself busy.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: You can make him swear on command as well as flip the bird.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Is extremely allergic to wasps, it only takes a few stings to kill him.
Mom and Dad
The player character's parents. Went on vacation to Tenerife leaving their son to watch over the house and work on the car.
Mr. Kesseli (Uncle)
The player character's uncle. Runs a contracting business as well as a septic draining service. Loans the player character his blue van and septic truck.
- The Alcoholic: Got so drunk he tends to go missing, according to Sirkka. The bottle of hard booze you used to find in the woodshed might have been left by him.
- Family Business: Runs a contracting business and the septic business.
- The Ghost: Formerly one, initially only mentioned by other characters until his introduction in a 2019 update.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Is a contractor but is never seen contracting. He also never does his septic duties, leaving the player character to pick up the slack.
The player character's cousin. An older man who spends most of his time recklessly driving his little green car around the back roads while drunk. Occasionally picks up hitchhikers.
- The Alcoholic: As well as a Drunk Driver.
- Berserk Button: Flipping the bird to him while riding in his car will result in some very deadly reckless driving.
- Drives Like Crazy: Drives very fast and reckless down the narrow country roads and will not try to evade the player character, possibly resulting in a deadly crash.
The player character's grandmother on his mother's side. Mostly spends her time sitting on her front porch drinking coffee. Tells stories and gives advice to the player character, occasionally calls and asks him to run errands for her.
People of Alivieska
"Hyvvee päivää ja tervettulloo Teimon kaappaan." TranslationOwner and proprietor of Teimo's Shop and Pub Nappo in Peräjärvi. Sells various necessities to the player character.
- Berserk Button: Stealing fuel from his shop, peeing in his shop, flipping the bird at him, and breaking his window will piss him off.Teimo (Flipped off): "Haista vittu!" Translation
- Also, he'll backfire if you flip him off while he's riding his bicycle.
- Expansion Pack Past: Tells random stories of his past while you're at his store, he mentions being a fisherman, wrestler, rally car driver, and used to own a dog.
- Grumpy Old Man: Constantly complains about punk kids and modern music.
- Nice Guy: Is generally friendly to the player character if you don't piss him off.
"Hei onks tää nyt se Peräjärven kovajätkä olevinaa täällä nyt? Onks tää- osaaks tää mitään tehä ja, mitä tää tulee tän romunsa kans tänne riehumaan. Ei vittu mee hei nyt vittuun jo." TranslationThe rude driver of the yellow sports car who loiters outside of Teimo's shop.
- AM/FM Characterization: Blares loud annoying techno music while driving.
- Berserk Button: Literally anything the player character does in front of him will trigger and angry tangent from him.
Jani: "Siis mitä vittua oikeesti hei? Tuu vittu tänne näyttää tota saatanan sormees vittu jos sul on jotain vitun asiaa, saatanan mulkku!" Translation
- Even flipping him off will cause Jani to lose his mind.
- Drives Like Crazy: Is a reckless young street racer who often does burnouts and donuts in front of Teimo's shop.
- Fanboy: Of "Kurjala" beer.
- Hypocrite: If you arrive at Teimo's with the septic truck, he'll ask the player if he has anything better to do besides smell bad. He has the nerve to insult you for doing your job while he does absolutely nothing besides loiter at Teimo's all day.
- Jerkass: Does nothing but insult the player character and drive recklessly around town.
- Leitmotif: Just like the memetic "Techno Viking", he's notable for playing "Mustamies" while driving.
- Rice Burner: His yellow sports car.
"Moro moro, mitä äijä?" TranslationLoiters at Teimo's Shop with Jani, drives the gray car.
- Berserk Button: Along with Teimo and Jani, he'll get mad if you flip him off.
- Drives Like Crazy: Joins Jani in his street races.
- Nice Guy: Downplayed. While he's not in the same extent as Teimo but unlike Jani, Petteri appears to be a pretty chill individual as long you don't piss him off.
- The Quiet One: Unlike Jani, he doesn't say anything to the player.
Petteri: "Sua sentään näkee kylilläkin. Kosolasta kuulunu mitään sen jälkeen kun ostivat tietokoneen." Translation
- Suddenly Voiced: In a recent update Petteri is now able to speak when interacted by the player.
"Akka se aina jaksaa papattaa mun juomisesta. Mä olen kyl sitä mieltä että juominen on juopon työ." TranslationThe local drunkard. Tasks the player with driving him home from the Pub and helping him move to a new house. The player character can sell a home-brewed sugar-wine called "kilju" to him.
- The Alcoholic: Possibly the worst offender. His drinking got so bad that his wife left him.
- Ax-Crazy: Literally. He'll try to kill you with an axe if you steal his briefcase full of money.
- Berserk Button: Don't try to rip him off when selling kilju to him, he'll slash your Satsuma's tires.
- And DON'T YOU EVEN STEAL HIS BRIEFCASE! See Ax-Crazy.
- Briefcase Full of Money: Has a briefcase filled with a million Marks in cash buried somewhere on the map.
- Driven to Suicide: If you steal his briefcase of money and then beat him when he tries to kill you, he'll leave a suicide note at his old house and hang himself off the bridge.
- You Bastard!: He pretty much like screams this if you start stealing his cash from the briefcase.Jokke: "Saatana sinä perkeleen kolli otit ja veit ne rahat perkele!" Translation
"No se on Fleetari tääl moro hei se on sillee et toi sun korjaus nii se on hoidettu et, tuu hakee kamat pois nii pääsen määki täst niinku muihin hommiin pikkuhiljaa." TranslationThe local mechanic. Can fix or upgrade the Satsuma. Runs the rally on weekends. Will pay off the player in booze to dump sewage at the local inspection station.
- Berserk Button: If you don't bring his Ferndale back, Fleetari will dump your beloved Satsuma into the swamp while leaving a note that says "HAISTA PITKÄ PASKA". Translation
The mysterious driver of the lime-green car. Drives very fast and reckless all while blaring loud techno music. One of the biggest hazards the player character has to face while driving on the highway.
The Ventti Dealer
A strange human/pig hybrid who lives in a remote cabin in the woods. Plays a Finnish version of Blackjack called "Ventti" with the player. His cabin and car (the old station wagon) can be won by the player if he bets his own house and car in a game and wins. Not much is known about the Ventti dealer but it's been said he has a very dark and troubled past.
- Ax-Crazy: Possibly killed his father by setting his house on fire after he beat him in a card game.
- Berserk Button: Beating him at cards.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Looks mostly human but he his hands and feet are pig hooves.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't speak.
- Sore Loser: If you win his cabin, he'll angrily flip the table and then walk out on all fours while squealing like a pig.