The official character page for My Little Jamjar, and associated tropes for each playable and non-playable character.
Princess CelestiaThe primary ruler of Equestria. A good and decent princess who raises the sun, and who encourages love and friendship amongst everyone - even some of her known enemies and rivals. There is definitely more to her than meets the eye, though...
- Batman Gambit: Pulls one on the Pale Pony herself with the aid of Zetta.
- Beehive Hairdo: She used this for her human guise in the Harmony Rangers universe. Many, many ponies, particularly Woona and Dame Rarity, believe this was not a good choice.
- Iron Woobie And how.
- Politically Active Princess
- Shameful Source of Knowledge: That beehive didn't make itself, after all!
- The Atoner
- The High Queen
- Trauma Conga Line: The full truth about that fateful night, 1,000 years ago. To put it in perspective: imagine first being forced to seal away your sister in the moon due to the fact she's jealous of you. Then your mentor and father figure snaps, destroys your best friend's only chance of getting to her home universe, and tries to attack you using a magic so abominable that you have to destroy all known evidence of it afterwards. Then you have to kill said mentor. Then said best friend snaps and becomes an Eldritch Abomination and you're forced to deal with her and seal her away deep beneath the city, where she continues to cause trouble nevertheless. This leaves you the only pony left that is capable of defending three different universes, and the only one with the knowledge of what actually happened to cause that, for the better part of a millennium. And the best part? All of this takes place in the span of 12 hours within the same evening/night. No wonder she doesn't enjoy celebrating the Summer Sun Festival!
- What the Hell, Hero?: When her leaving to deal with another threat leads to an alternate version of her invading Ponyville, a lot of newponies are quite angry with Celestia. Leads to a few Broken Pedestal moments.
- Ironically, said threat was the aforementioned alternate version of her!
- This is getting worse after Lucia revealed that the stars were disappearing and it turned out that the Lunas knew about this as well as a Fluttershy and that Discord asked them to keep quiet about this. When Celestia demands a talk with her main universe Luna, she blocks out even the Twilights which cheeses them off.
- After she and her native sister pulled that Batman Gambit, she and Luna are getting this reaction from some ponies as well. It doesn't look good for her approval rating.
Princess LunaThe native version of the princess of the night.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gets this reaction from some ponies after that Batmna Gambit she and Princess Celestia pulled with Zetta on Calice.
- See Honeycomb
Bertha/Megan WilliamsA monster which plagued the Canterlot Library Basement for a millennium. She was finally destroyed by a group of newponies several months into the game. It was learned that she was actually an alternate universe Megan Williams, who made a wish to see her pony friends once more...and...
- Alien Geometries
- Doomed by Canon
- Eldritch Abomination: By her very nature as a Witch. However...
- Our Monsters Are Weird: She's a giant donut with a rainbow horn, duck feet and a laser-filled creamy center.
Cálice, the Pale Pony
- Big Bad: Duh.
- Big Brother Is Watching: The Pale Pony has (or rather had) files on forty specific characters who are either dead (Minato, the Puella Magi Madoka Magica characters), dimension hoppers (Jappleack, Tsukasa), time travelers (Marty McFly, The Doctor), or connected to the Mayfield Twilight (Nozomi, Ako) in some way. Minako, though, speculates they're it's because they're all fighters. Oddly, Discord's listing just repeats "ANOMALY"
- Emotionless Death Goddess - Very cold in personality.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: It seems that whomever she rainbows and brings back has this struck on her. Jappleack is hit with this badly, having the entire trip inside the Pale Pony's universe erased and instilled with a horrible fear of going back there.
- No-Sell: It easily repels Discord's attacks, making a few ponies, especially the AU Rainbow Dash, think that using their regular powers will be useless.
- Omnicidal Maniac: For the sake of knowledge, of course! So she can prove existence is an anomaly and should be nullified...
- The Reveal: According to the AI Twilight, the Pale Pony is actually a Princess Twilight Sparkle from the future who fell victim to The Corruption. This explains why she can use the Elements of Harmony without the other Mane Six (mostly because she's absorbed them) and why no one knew where Twilight disappeared to when Melissa escaped.
- Villainous Breakdown: She suffers a massive one after she ends up getting caught in Celestia and Zetta's Batman Gambit.
- What Is This Thing You Call Friendship?: She has absolutely no idea how friendship works, running off a computerized idea of what it might be and considers it "irrelevant". This is what causes her Villainous Breakdown, as her theory about friendship is utterly ruined when it's revealed that Celestia and Zetta faked their fight just to draw her out.
SpikeTwilight's loyal assistant. A baby dragon who tries his best to help where he can.
Easy LiftA pegasus pony that works for the traveling company that helps non-pegasi tourists be able to visit Cloudsdale.
- Fantastic Racism - Her motivation for stealing the weather gem. Claims she was previously bullied by griffons and as a result, holds a grudge against them.
Sergeant CeruleanA griffon that showed up during the Cloudy with a Chance of Griffon plot. He is Ironclaw's subordinate and something of a Jerk Jock. He does have a soft spot for kids and enjoys reading comic books.
Ironclaw/ Pitch BlackA detective griffon with an iron claw that showed up during the Cloudy with a Chance of Griffon plot. He was charged with retrieving the missing Weather Gem, capturing the pony who stole it, and trying to maintain the frosty relations Griffaltar has experienced with Equestria in recent times. He decided his orders were stupid, though, and started working with the ponies to do what he knew was right and best to get the Weather Gem back and bring its thief to justice.
- Good Is Not Nice - Ironclaw is ultimately a good griffon who is just trying to do what he can to find the Weather Gem and get it back to Griffaltar where it's needed. He's gruff, more than a little standoffish, but he is open and honest with everyone as soon as his mission comes to light. He thought that lying and fighting with the ponies was stupid in the first place.
- Ret Gone - Was one of the two griffons to get taken away by the Pale Pony.
- Put on a Bus
Stormy SkiesOne of the griffons that showed up during the Cloudy with a Chance of Griffon plot. He was the head of the Griffaltar Weather Factory and charged with the protection of the Weather Gem that went missing.
SunshineAn engineer griffon that showed up during the Cloudy with a Chance of Griffon plot. Sunny, like her name, is a bright and enthusiastic young engineer. She's extremely clever with magical machinery and is especially interested in detection technology for the magical auras that all living beings in Equestria create. She is Ironclaw's daughter.
Sprinkle MedleyA background pegasus mare from Cloudsdale. She's a teal pony.
Cloud KickerA background pegasus mare from Cloudsdale. She's a lavender pony with a blonde mane.
SassaflashA background pegasus mare from Cloudsdale. She's a light blue pony with a blonde mane.
CappuccinoA background pegasus stallion from Cloudsdale. He's a brown pony with a blonde mane.
Nana KnitAn old background pegasus mare from Cloudsdale. She works in the Weather Factory.
Crescent MoonA background pegasus stallion from Cloudsdale. He looks like a pegasus version of Dr. Hooves.
PizzelleA background pegasus mare from Cloudsdale. She's a white pony that attended the Wonderbolts Academy before.
EchoA pony whose body was banished millennia ago by Star Swirl the Bearded in one of his fits of madness down in the Canterlot Basement. Echo was a guard in the basement and has become very familiar with it after being trapped down there for so long. She's also gone slightly mad and tends to use her special talent to only speak in the voices of other ponies that she's heard. Echo also saw the 'real' Pale Pony when she was just a filly so many years ago.
Tom ShanksThe director and main star of the film "Quest To Canterlot" and new owner of Hoovesweek/Quarterhorse Quarterly.
- Fantastic Racism: He treats the off-worlder ponies as if they're second class. And he has a bunch of really rich people in the same mindset.
AlphaRuler of Dog City, home to the Diamond Dogs
- Jerkass: Though it seems no one realizes it. That or they do and they're taking it very well.
- The Nicknamer: He refers to Nozomi as "Future Princess Nozomi" after her introduction, initially finding her "not-quite-there-just-yet-future Princess" introduction amusing, but quickly finding her heart in the right place soon after.
RubyAmbassadog of the Diamond Dog Kingdom to Equestria
TirekA malicious creature seeking to obtain the powers of the newponies.
- Your Powers Are Mine: He seeks to take everyone's power, like it or not.
- Might Means Right: This is his way of thinking, that the ideas of friendship is magic is meaningless.
- Villainous Breakdown: Nozomi ends up denying Tirek her powers by scattering it across the planet. He doesn't take it too well.
AlastorA demonic swordsman who happens to also be a sword. Skilled in storm magic and the third off worlder to become a batpony.
- Anti-Hero: Formerly an Anti-Villain, but he hung those shoes up a while ago.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Is fully aware everything here is fictional and once even started speaking in RPG style text boxes...then showed that he knew it was happening when EG!Pinkie Pie pointed out a broken image link.
- Character Development: He's slowly but surely learning to come to terms with his humanity, in part thanks to his early encounter with his Shadow.
- Deadpan Snarker: Always willing to provide a sarcastic comment or clever insult.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: To be expected of a kind person who grew up under the expectations of the underworld.
- Lampshade Hanging: Comes from being a genre savvy snarker.
- Large Ham: Let me put it this way; his origins are in the Devil May Cry universe.
- Monster Knight: He might be a creature of darkness from the deepest reaches of Hell itself, but he is a warrior and he will act as such!
- Only Sane Man: For a given value of 'sane' that involves accepting the fact that your universe runs on movie tropes. Still, leads to many a facehoof in response to the blatantly nonsensical.
- Overcome Their Differences: Dropped a grudge against Dante based on being ignored after being officially released from his services.
- Shout-Out: Often deliberate from an IC standpoint.
- Sudden Videogame Moment: Had one with EG!Pinkie Pie.
Allen Ridgeley (AU)This Allen went through the events of The Velvet Key so he has a persona.
- Summon Magic - His persona.
Applejack (OU)This Applejack just came from just after dealing with Tirek's attack.
- Team Mom She aims for this.
ArceeCybertronian solider turned tiny adorable cat. Skilled at combat thanks to years upon years of war, but also comes with a good dose of emotional baggage.
- Action Girl
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Arcee tends to be touched whenever the citizens of Ponyville show her any sort of kindness. Especially when she's not very nice towards them.
- Berserk Button: It isn't hard to push Arcee's buttons
- Broken Bird
- Cats Are Snarkers
- Dead Partners: It'll probably come up. A lot.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Did We Just Have Tea with Megatron?: Arcee makes friends with the former Decepticon dragon "Convoy". Even though she says she's wary of him, it doesn't stop her from going out of her way to visit him out in the forest. He was even kind enough to teach her how to fish.
- Doom Magnet: Not as bad as it used to be, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of people Arcee was close to have died.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Kitty"
- Fat Cat: During the Changeling invasion, Arcee's doubles have shown her she's not as slim as she could be.
- Fembot: Used to be anyway.
- Fragile Speedster
- Good Old Fisticuffs: The addition of claws has made this even more so.
- Mama Bear: Even if she's smaller than most of the population. Hey, she's still older than a lot of them.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Sometimes suffers from flashbacks. Not a fan of spiders.
- Weak, but Skilled: Arcee's always been the smallest Autobot on her team and now she's an even smaller cat. It's actually hitting her that's the problem.
Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
Captain Marvelous (AU)This version of the Captain was in Mayfield so he's a digital clone of the original.
Cecil Gershwin Palmer (AU)A radio announcer from a certain friendly desert community. Recently had to deal with a certain murder school run by a sadistic teddy bear and was executed for committing (accidental) murder.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He may or may not be this in terms of his actual personality, but he certainly comes off as one to the other characters.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: Doesn't seem to realize that there's anything wrong with the government monitoring everyone's activities or compulsory re-education, and none of the supernatural horrors of Night Vale strike him as odd, either.
- His casual references to ritual sacrifices is the biggest point of contention among the characters.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- Big "WHAT?!" - Did this twice in her intro post when she found out she can't eat meat as a pony, and there's no TV in Equestria.
- Trauma Conga Line - She was brought in during a time where lots of bad things were happening and as a result, she's had multiple emotional breakdowns and tiring herself out at times. As a result, she's not nearly as cheerful as she normally is. Justified in that she hasn't had much time to get used to things yet.
An adorable genius that went through Mayfield. She's now a tiny bunny.
- Equippable Ally - Being from Rakuen, she can have a weapon (A short sword called Perfect Freeze) pulled from her by anyone with a special glove, more than likely Reimi. She can also do this to others.
Coco Pommel (AU)A one-shot character, who recently switched jobs but was brought here before she could start it.
- All There in The Manual - According to Coco's Player, she was born to hat-makers and was expected to take over the family business and start a family of her own. Naturally Coco didn't want this and decided to go against her parents' wishes. It didn't go well.
- Born Unlucky - She hasn't had a lot of luck in her life, but she got a job as an assistant for Dame Rarity and more recently, her own boutique in the Night Market.
- Her Setting Native parents' rejected her in a letter and at the games, she witnesses Kreutzer dying in front of her.
- And now said marefriend has now been taken by the Pale Pony again, this time for good. She just can't seem to get a break.
- Heartbreak and Ice Cream - Has this reaction when Kreutzer was dropped.
- Brainwashed and Crazy - The Windigoes' influence corrupts her Pinky Catch and she transforms into a dark version of her Cure Spring form.
- Heroic BSoD: Suffers one when Kreutzer was killed by the Pale Pony.
- Has another one after getting purified by Ako from her corruption when she was Dark Cure Spring.
- How Dare You Die on Me!: She flips out on Kreutzer after she comes back to life.
- She also did the same with 3G!Tails when he came back from being trapped in the dreamscape.
- Lipstick Lesbian - Part of the reason she didn't want to follow her parents' footsteps.
- My God, What Have I Done? - Said this pretty much after being purified.
- Relationship Upgrade - Subverted. While she and Kreutzer did fall for each other due the love arrows, they mostly ended up agreeing to start out as friends first. It's very likely it may become straight later on and they hook up for real. As of the second Gala, they did.
- Now downgraded after Kreutzer was dropped.
- Took a Level in Badass - She gains the ability to transform into Cure Spring using a Pinky Catch after going into the Canterlot basement.
- Thousand-Yard Stare - Does this sometime after being turned back to normal from being Dark Cure Spring.
- You Are Not Alone: Nozomi comforts Coco after one of the Rainbow Dashes chews out other ponies in a post and shakes her confidence badly. She ends up winning over the hurt pony and letting her know she's more than welcome with the other Cures.
- 3G!Tails also comforts Coco after she had transformed into Dark Cure Spring with a story of his own, showing that they are alike.
- Nice Job Breaking it Hero: Got Transformation Trinkets banned from Winter Wrap-Up after Princess Twilight caught her going out of control with the Fourze Driver.
- Heroic BSoD: When the SN Fluttershy is rainbow'd, he takes it pretty bad.
- He takes it even worse when the Terminal Tokyo Fluttershy is accidentally left behind, vowing to kill everyone.
- Promoted to Player Character: He was originally an NPC of the game, but he's now being played for real.
Donatello HamatoA kind and intelligent ninja turtle turned pony. He's known to be a genius at computers, and, as it turned out, is a seasoned Canon Immigrant, having been a victim of Jamjaritis alongside one of the Princess Lunas in a city called KonRan. Unfortunately, he was also brought to TheGames, which eventually broke him. Badly. And then he was returned to Equestria...
Donatello Hamato (2012)Another version of Don who was in the Digital World for a time.
Dr. Emmett Brown
Flare StarA retired guardpony with a talent for fighting from an alternate, far more religiously-inclined Equestria. Older and tougher than the average pony arriving in Ponyville, she's stuck trying to find her place when she never knew what it was to begin with...
- The Alcoholic: Enough so that she got a job as a bouncer at the bar she frequents.
- Backhanded Apology: After a drunken tirade after Iron Liz's rainbowing, Flare wakes up the next morning and starts to apologize. However, when she uses the excuse that she lost people for the reason to hurt others, she pisses off more than a few characters, particularly someone like Arcee.
- Badass Normal: Other offworlders are have superpowers, or military training, or magical weaponry. Flare doesn't even have full grasp of her natural pegasus powers - all she has is a stubborn streak a mile wide.
- The Big Guy: Notably larger than most other ponies, though not unreasonably so.
- Broken Bird: As a lot of these tropes will suggest.
- Covered with Scars: Her coat just happens to cover them up, despite said coat being a scar all its own to her.
- Cursed with Awesome: Believes her cutie mark talent to be a curse, when in fact it's helped her be as Made of Iron as she is.
- Death Seeker: Claims this is the reason she keeps pressing on, to the point of believing that she'll only die when the world doesn't need her any more.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life
- Double Entendre: Candied nuts have become a bit of an inside joke between her and Bertie Wooster... too bad she's the only one that actually gets the joke.
- Good Old Fisticuffs
- Grumpy Bear: Swings wildly between this and The Eeyore.
- The Lad-ette
- Knight In Sour Armor
- Made of Iron: A non-superpowered version of a Flying Brick, in fact.
- Mighty Glacier
- Noodle Incident: Something relating to Dante, a squirrel, and a gallon of cider...
- Resigned to the Call: Too bad that...
- Unskilled, but Strong
Fluttershy (SN)The native Fluttershy.
Fluttershy (AU)This one experienced being turned into a human while being in the Digital World for a while.
- Ship Tease - Although it isn't much, there seems to be some between her and 3G!Tails (despite her having had a boyfriend back in the Digital World).
Fluttershy and FluttercruelA strange combination of the original Fluttershy and a meaner, crueller, yet still ultimately good version of Fluttersy, born of Cruelty. Once dead, they roamed different locations playing The Reapers Game until it ended, and were sent back to Equestria, but not the one that's theirs.
- Action Girl: Fluttercruel, who's not afraid to be unrestrained and lessons in self-defense from both books and Dame Rarity.
- Anti-Hero: Fluttercruel is a Type III
- The Atoner: After reverting from Nightmare Whisper. She even outright says there are things she'll never forgive herself for.
- Be All My Sins Remembered: After her stint as a Big Bad, she outright says she'll let everypony judge her for the right and wrong she did, she knows she deserves it either way. And they have been, some ponies adore her, some hate her, and she's willing to live with it.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Fluttershy when pushed too far. Fluttercruel is this even moreso.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: In addition to wanting to eat hamburgers, she has a preference for extremely bitter foods and drinks.
- Can't Hold Their Liquor: This is due to Fluttershy never drinking, and it's unlikely this will ever go away as they both have an aversion to alcohol due to the Nightmare Whisper incident.
- Child By Mind Rape: Fluttercruel's at least partially aware of this and not happy at all with it.
- Clones Are Ponies, Too: Fluttercruel insists on this.
- Cute Little Fangs: Fluttercruel has these in addition to slightly reptillian eyes.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Fluttercruel may be born from a monster bent on ruling the world through chaos, but that doesn't mean that she can't wield The Element of Kindness.
- Death Glare: Both Fluttershy and Fluttercruel have limited access to The Stare.
- Drink Order: Fluttercruel always tries to order one cup of coffee a day, and she makes sure it's as bitter as possible.
- Friend to All Living Things: Fluttershy
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: Fluttercruel is the only one that gets to hurt Fluttershy.
- Manchild: Fluttercruel has the emotional maturity and mentality of a child.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Her dreams are extremely gruesome.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: They're both dead, but can interact with the physical world. The only thing that's changed about them is that they can enter The Underground and Tartarus easily.
- Sharing a Body: Fluttercruel and Fluttershy share the same body.
- Shrinking Violet: Fluttershy
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Fluttercruel, though Fluttershy and Dame Rarity are trying their best to mitigate this habit.
- Trickster Mentor: Both Fluttershy and Fluttercruel have picked up these habits due to becoming a Reaper.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Bon Bon is utterly horrified when Fluttercruel breaks Lyra's nose for failing her Reaper Challenge.
GwenA Fighting-type trainer and professional MMA fighter from the Pokémon world.
- Action Girl
- Amazonian Beauty: Was revealed to be one in her human form during the game's Fourth Wall event.
- Badass Normal: Other than having above-average strength and endurance for a human (or pony) and extensive training in unarmed combat, she doesn't have any powers to speak of. Her Pokemon, on the other hand, can be considered an aversion.
- Blood Knight: More benign than most other Blood Knights, but still comes from a Lighter and Softer battle culture and took her job specifically to fight for a living. Her shadow during the December 2013 event revealed that she might be a little too fond of beating the crap out of people.
- Combat Sadomasochist: Her Shadow showed shades of this.
- Cool Big Sis
- Girly Bruiser
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Nephenee
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Mighty Glacier: isn't as swift as some other characters, but she can take a lot of abuse and she hits hard.
Harvey Finevoice (AU)This version of Harvey Finevoice was on the Satellite of Love.
- Byronic Hero: Who also doubles as a Tragic Villain.
- Demonic Possession: Unfortunately, she possessed Dante. Which pretty much guarantees that she will never do that again.
- Muggingthe Monster
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Homura's attempt to "contract" a vulnerable Nozomi instead ended up giving the Cure her resolve back.
- Produce Pelting All. The. Time.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: When 4G!Rainbow Dash attempts to persuade Lyrical Twilight from creating gear to protect other ponies, Homura anonymously pokes and prods her, pointing out that she seems so determined to not let anyone have powers and that she's probably drunk on her own power and ideas.
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!: Anonymously, she gets into an argument over the ideals of hope. She really gets it from Donna, Nozomi and Yu.
- Sharing A Body: The main difference between her and the original, canon Homura Akemi is that her personality is split into two halves. She tried to kill her "idealized" self in order to make herself irredeemable enough for Madoka and the other girls to eventually kill permanently. Needless to say, it didn't work and this was the compromise.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: This is why you don't possess someone stubborn while they are drunk.
HoneycombA hyperactive beekeeper pegasus who is friendly to everyone she meets, but even more friendly to her bees, who she considers to be family. Nothing suspicious about her at all! Or is there?
- Animal Eye Spy: Occasionally her bees act like this for her. Instead of a Hive Mind, they just use very, very tiny cameras.
- Bee Bee Gun: Yes, she actually owns one.
- Bug Buzz: Her wings buzz instead of a more normal bird-like pegasus wing-flapping.
- Friend to Bugs: She considers the bees she keeps to be "family".
- Genki Girl: Almost as much of a space case as Pinkie Pie. Though judging by Nightmare Night, the real Honeycomb takes this Up to Eleven.
- Meaningful Name: Both her assumed identity and her real name have bee-related roots (Melissa is Greek for "honey bee"), hinting at her changeling nature.
- The Reveal: Honeycomb is a changeling queen from a future where all of reality has been destroyed by a mysterious force, forcing her coming back to the past under the form of Pinkie Pie's grand-niece (no clue if it's the Series Native, It's Just a Game Native, My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Native, or even an entirely different universe altogether) and she's followed the beast to the past to see if it formed there.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: As it turns out...
- Walking Spoiler
Jappleack (AU)A twisted version of Applejack from the Pony.Mov series and Ask Jappleack tumblr blog.
Jaune ArcAn Idiot Hero wanting to be more than he actually is. Time will tell if he succeeds.
- Alone in a Crowd: How he felt when he first arrived. Jaune was the first from his home to appear, and spent an entire month alone before someone else showed up. The strange thing is, even though friends have now appeared he still feels this way, for reasons that aren't all that well understood by him. Part of this is because he still considers himself to be The Load, and still has a problem with Heroic Self-Deprecation.
- Dance Battle: Had one with canonmate Yang and won handily, thanks to some Shaking the Rump and having been in a pony body longer than her, letting him get more accustomed to how it can and can't move. Of course, being a great dancer in canon helps, too.
- Determinator: Getting from 28th place in the Running of the Leaves to 14th, out of 34 racers.
- The Eeyore: If only because, unwilling to stay where the other off-worlders sleep, Jaune wound up making a "home" of sticks for himself out in the benign woods nearby. This has since been pity replaced by an actual tent.
- Failed a Spot Check: He'd been doing well throughout most of the Running of the Leaves, until taking the wrong turn dropped him off in the mountains.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Took unwilling part in the Nightmare Night 2014 event, which wound up switching him with Yang's. Neither was very happy.
- Healing Factor: In accordance with canon, this uncontrolled ability of his has shown up a couple times, most notably enhancing his Determinator factor listed above by healing injuries he'd suffered falling off the mountain path.
- Hidden Depths: Besides his showing at the race, this has come up a few times. He's shown excellent coordination in his pony body by dancing just as well, if not better, than displayed in canon, and his leader position has been used to great effect once or twice. This is by someone whose canon point currently puts him before the Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass moment he had in the Volume 2 finale!
- Naked Ponies Are Funny: Pyrrha gets an eyeful one morning while Jaune isn't wearing any clothes, which is really only strange because they were originally humans; nakedness isn't strange to the actual ponies, after all.
- Outnumbered Sibling: Jaune's status of being the only male in a family of seven sisters has been brought up to a few ponies.
Jou Shan Aleflower
- Antiquated Linguistics
- Beleaguered Assistant
- Girl Friday
- My Nayme Is: Her name is pronounced more like "Kai" or even "Kay"; the "j" in her name follows Germanic spelling patterns.
- Defector from Decadence: Quit her job as the Princess Alruna's personal handmaid and sometimes-bodyguard mere hours before arriving in Equestria, after the Princess had unleashed a Zombie Apocalypse in a warring kingdom's capital city.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Was this prior to quitting.
- Nice Hat: Arrives in Equestria wearing a man's tricorn hat.
- The Unfettered: Gets it from her father's side.
- Although her few moral scruples are slowly pushing her to Pragmatic Hero status...
- Baleful Polymorph: In addition to becoming a pegasus upon entering the game, and a Lickitung during an event, Kyouko is changed into a bear after several months of living in Ponyville, seemingly thanks to Teddie.
- Lighter and Softer: Perhaps necessarily, thanks to character development from the end of her canon, Kyouko is on balance friendlier and more open to interaction with others than she was in the show.
- Toy Ship: With Teddie.
Leatherhead (AU)This Leatherhead was in the Digital World for a time.
LetheA Cat Laguz from the nation of Gallia in Tellius. Once was very much bigoted against beorc (humans), but after two wars, she simmered down a little. Fought alongside Nephenee under Ike, and lives with her and Cirno.
- Action Girl
- Animorphism - Laguz can change from animal forms to more human-like ones.
- Cats Are Snarkers
- Cat Girl
- Older Than They Look - Laguz live longer than beorc, and age slower. Consequently, in human form she looks about Nephenee's age.
- Unbreakable Weapons - Her claws are unbreakable thanks to being blessed by the goddess Yune.
- Took a Level in Badass: After losing herself to her Invess infection, Nozomi ends up purifying her, turning her into Cure Dawn, a mixture of all she was.
- What the Hell, Hero?: When a drunken Flare and Harvey go off on Donatello over Iron Liz's disappearance, Lyra gets fed up and douses the both of them in cold water, telling them to sober up. For Lyra's part, she goes off and blows up to Maytwi and one of the Pinkies.
- Gets a second one after the second appearance of the Pale Pony with Bon Bon punishing Lyra for going out and fighting and Fluttercruel punching and breaking her nose for failing a Reaper Challenge (which was not to fight)
- You Are Not Alone: Nozomi does it again, saving Lyra from her despair.
Margulis (AU)A badly damaged former battle priest from the far future who has been through two other jamjars following his suicide. Formerly a Well-Intentioned Extremist, he's struggling to do the right thing for real now.
MiaA cleric from the town of Imil, traveling with three other Adepts in order to keep the power of Alchemy sealed (and later release it).
- Magical Girl: Having obtained a Lovead at auction, it responded to her and borrowed one of her Djinn to make her Cure Mercury (although her Transformation Sequence is different from that of any existing season of Precure).
- Secretly Dying: Variant; rather than being ill or wounded, she believes that her world was in the process of being destroyed when she was pulled out of it. Mako insists this is a bad assumption.
Miles "Tails" Prower (AU 1)A variation of Sonic the Hedgehog's little buddy who, while going through his game's adventures, dealt with things involving an Internet community with ducks.
- Badass Bookworm - Of course. Though the Shadow Event brought this up to eleven.
- Badass in Distress - Subverted. He did get kidnapped quite a bit at first but he doesn't so much these days.
- Empowered Badass Normal - Zigzagged. After Tails spars with Marvelous, he now has access to the Ranger Keys inside the chest including the Blue Shinkenger Key. Well, until Discord damaged the chest. Now he has to ask Marvelous for access to the keys in order to still use them. Then Discord stole both the belt and key from Tails so he can no longer morph at all.
- Then he finds an evoker like Minato's and is now able to summon his persona once again, this time more permanently.
- Berserk Button - Don't bully someone in front of Tails. Dan found this out the hard way.
- Environmentalism in general. Due to having witnessed destruction of the environment for a good chuck of his life, it's a rather touchy subject for him and it has caused conflict in the past. In DDD, it ended Tails' friendship with Once-ler. In MLJ, it caused an argument between Tails and Yu and it required May!Twi, Yukiko, and Minato to stage some things in order to make them make up with each other.
- Also don't call him a coward.
- Baleful Polymorph - Beside the obvious, he had been transformed into other things when he was in DDD.
- He also got turned into a robot twice, though the second time was more due to his own carelessness during a virus.
- Recently he got turned into a Pokemon Vulpix during the Pokemon event.
- Canon Discontinuity - According to Tails' player, the game Sonic Free Riders is not a part of Tails' canon despite the first two being a part of his canon. When Tails was originally brought into DDD, Free Riders didn't exist at the time (May 2010). The player didn't count it due to not liking how OOC or how unlikable the characters seemed to be, along with the poor controls.
- Cannot Tell a Lie - Tails is really bad at lying. To the point that he screws up an interrogation with Flash concerning the "Pale Pony Kidnapping" incident. It results in him getting into trouble with Yu.
- Convenient Coma - He ended up like this after crashing a poorly-made airplane into Town Hall due to having a mental breakdown. He got better.
- Despair Event Horizon - Almost crosses it during the shadow event before Yu Narukami intervened.
- Disney Death - He died twice when he was in DDD, both times during a virus. The first one was the result of being exposed to negative Chaos Energy and getting zapped by Eggman's mind control beam. The second time was when events in Sonic Adventure 2 were altered to a bad end scenario of Sonic dying and Tails losing against Eggman, resulting in them all dying as well because Sonic wasn't there.
- Fake High - When Minato convinced him that his glass of normal cider was the alcoholic kind, it only took a glass to get him hammered and going up to sing at karaoke despite sounding a girl when he sings. Hilarity ensued.
- Fake Memories - He has six small sets in total due to having been hit with various viruses. As a result, he has a mental wall separating both his two sets of real memories and his fake ones.
- Which has become damaged as a result of his CMFIS-induced mental breakdown, and now there's a possible danger of Tails going insane again. Which, by recent events, it's getting even worse.
- No longer the case thanks to Joshua. He still has two sets of real memories, but his mind is safe now.
- Fan Nickname - Referred to as DDD!Tails OO Cly.
- Heroic BSoD - He suffered one after Trixie yelled at him and called him a monster. He tried to leave shortly after.
- Hes Back - After having his mind and body saved, he was finally able to successfully make a working fake horn. Granted it's got some issues, but it brings back some of his confidence he's been lacking before.]]
- Killed Mid-Sentence - A Disney Death example when Tails crashed the airplane into Town Hall.
- Irony - Develops a crush on his (forced) blind date Feena after having made a post where he basically said he didn't need romance.
- He Is All Grown Up - He's older than his canon counterpart (as of this writing, he's 17). Though he did age up to his 20's during a Discord event.
- Oblivious to Love - He wasn't aware that he has a crush on Feena until his double had to force him to think about it logically.
- Mr. Vice Guy - Tails used to envy Sonic's popularity and was one of his weaknesses his shadow brought up the first time around. Flares up again during Don's second post with his work on re-inventing the tv. Though to be fair, Tails' at that point wasn't exactly thinking straight and was jumping to conclusions.
- Not Himself - In the week leading up to the Second Gala and the event itself, Tails' personality takes a 180 and he turns into a jerk.
- Not So Different - Although he and Trixie don't get along, they both have a hard time forgiving themselves from past mistakes.
- Also applies to both him and his other self as well due to the both of them having been through a lot.
- Sanity Slippage - Tails went through one for a week before Hearts & Hooves day. It resulted in him losing it completely, and getting himself into a coma after building an airplane, and crashing it into Town Hall. It lasted for a week.
- Secret Keeper - Is one for Wally though he had hid his knowledge from Wally until recently.
- Seen It All - Experiencing three years worth of weirdness both from his own canon and in DDD has made him a type 2.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran - Subverted. While he has died twice and been through quite a lot back in DDD and in MLJ, it hasn't completely changed him. He does however have some issues as a result though.
- Shut Up, Kirk! - Gives this response to one of the Rainbow Dashes after she yells at other ponies for getting powers from the dungeon. Lessened by the fact he does admit he feels scared about the Pale Pony and isn't even sure if they can stand a chance against her.
- Summon Magic - His persona.
- 10-Minute Retirement - Following the disaster of the second Gala, he tries to leave town due to both having massive guilt over his recent action, and for what happened, but also because his sanity isn't exactly in the best of state again, as well as being hugely affected by Trixie's words. It doesn't work.
- Took a Level in Jerkass - He turned into a jerk in the week leading up to the Second Gala and even in the event itself due to a cursed amulet.
- We Used to Be Friends - Happened with Once-ler in DDD.
- What the Hell, Hero? - Gets this response after he was completely dismissive of romantic relationships and especially after he accidentally made TT!Fluttershy cry.
Miles "Tails" Prower (AU 2)Another variation of Tails that went to Smash Academy, was in Planeocracy and briefly was a Pokemon trainer in Kalos.
- Badass Bookworm - Just like his double
- Battle Couple - With Reimi
- Berserk Button - Don't call him a coward or harm any of his friends.
- Big Brother Instinct - He kinda takes on this role after Coco had transformed into Dark Cure Spring and helps her cope with her guilt, as well as her grief over losing Kreutzer.
- Big Brother Instinct - Also plays a big brother role for Feena.
- Fan Nickname - He's referred to as 3G!Tails OO Cly.
- She Is All Grown Up - Much like his other self, he's much older than in canon and is in fact an adult (as well as being a year older than him).
- Not So Different - He and Trixie both have a hard time forgiving themselves for past mistakes. Also applies to him and his other self, but it's more downplayed.
- Oblivious to Love - At first. It took both Coco pointing out his crush to him and Reimi slapping him for getting trapped in the dreamscape for him to get it.
- Relationship Upgrade - Subverted. While he and Reimi decided to "date" after their blind date, it wasn't until he came back from the dreamscape that they officially get together.
- Ship Tease - Although there isn't much, there seems to be some between him and TT!Fluttershy (despite her having had a boyfriend before).
- Well now there's some between him and Reimi. It's very likely they might get together. As of the end of the Massive Shared Dream Party event, they did.
- Took A Level In Bad Ass - While he already has from his previous adventures, he further did so from both gaining the Shauta form power-up from Minato as well as having been able to help out others like Coco and Feena in their dreams.
- Warrior Therapist - Seems to be playing this role as he tried helping both Trixie and his other self with their problems.
Minako Aino (AU)
This version of Minako experienced being on the Satellite of Love. When most of them turned into ponies that one week, she was an alicorn that time. However she's just a normal pegasus in Equestria.
Minato Arisato (AU)
He was on the S.S. Thor and is slightly older than canon despite having originally died in canon.
A martial artist originally from Earth, who's also a Mage of the Akashic Brotherhood. He runs the Lone Mountain Dojo in the Night Market, and is married to Nephenee, living with her, Cirno, and their animals at the Commune.
- Akashic Records - The Akashic Brotherhood uses them for martial arts.
- Amazon Chaser - His preferences on ladies tend towards leggy, muscles, and ones that can kick large amounts of ass. So his wife really isn't a surprise...
- Battle Couple - With Nephenee
- Be All My Sins Remembered - His past has some jerkish moments, and now that he's grown up and learned from them, he makes sure he keeps those lessons close.
- Full-Contact Magic - His preferred fighting style when he isn't using his sword.
- Relationship Upgrade - Shortly after coming to Equestria, he met the head farmer at the Commune and decided he really wanted to get to know her. What started as a friendship and training became a full-blown relationship, and he popped the question in February of 2015, on Hearts & Hooves Day. And they are now married. As of 4/11/15, they tied the knot as humans. The pony ceremony was 5/4/15.
- Supernatural Martial Arts
- Your Mind Makes It Real - Mage: Where you believe something so hard and stubbornly, you can make it reality.
NepheneeA shy teal-haired lass originally from a rural farming community known as Ohma in the land of Crimea, in Tellius. Went from shy, scared teen barely trained in weaponry to helping her princess regain the throne in Path of Radiance, and helping the heroes of Radiant Dawn put a goddess down, within a few years. She was canon-updated to after her time at Rakuen Revolution and more recently, when she had spent some time in Kalos.
Kind, gentle, and compassionate, she was extremely timid for a long time due to low self-esteem and fear of being mocked for her rural speech and mannerisms. She's gotten better, though she still has a long way to go on some self-esteem things.Currently she helps with the farm in the commune, living with her friends Cirno, Morgan, and her dog Daisy, cat Amaryllis, and starling Astra.
- Action Girl
- Action Survivor - Started out a barely-trained militiawoman and farm girl as a shy, scared teen, helped take down a mad king within a year, and later a goddess and her army. Survivor indeed.
- Adorkable - Gets embarrassed easily, and has no problem dorking out about things like farming, lances, armor, baking...and terrible puns.
- Amazonian Beauty: While not as sculpted as some women in this trope, Nephenee's human form is tall, lean-muscled, and strong.
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Cape - Got one from Minato, and puts it to good use thanks to Dante.
- Battle Couple - With Morgan
- Berserk Button - Threaten her loved ones, or even innocents. Less a technical 'berserk' moment, and more a Tranquil Fury. Either way, someone's going down.
- Wrath does count as a Berserk Button, though. And makes her more than a bit reckless.
- Beware the Nice Ones/Beware the Quiet Ones - She's just a cute, nice blue pony who'd give you the shirt off her back if you needed it (and if ponies wore clothes normally), what's the worse that can happen...
- Blade on a Stick - Her weapons of choice are...well, lances. To a ridiculous extent. She really likes lances. okay?
- Break the Cutie - The Nightmare she had during Nightmare Night, where she saw everyone she cared for in Crimea dead, had her in tears.
- Similarly, Bertie's Shadow's words had this effect, and unleashed her Shadow.
- Character Development - Had a lot of it from the Shadow event, to the point where she's not near as shy as she once was, and is actually a little excitable at times.
- Doesn't Like Guns - Hooboy. After she found out what they are and what they can do from Morgan...yep, afraid of guns. Very. The time she had her talent switched with Brainstorm's didn't help.
- Dork Knight - Oh, oh so very much. Being best friends with Dante, Morgan, and Crmsn's adopted daughter, she developed a more prominent dorky side, and still has socially-awkward moments.
- Equippable Ally - Since being canon-updated to post-Rakuen, she now can have a weapon (A lance/shield named Ohma) pulled from her by Cirno or anyone with a special glove.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic - Averted. Not only wears one but, with Dante's help, has learned to throw them as well.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia - Rakuen kind of messed with some things in her head...
- Lightning Bruiser
- Like Brother and Sister - Her and Bertie, Joshua, Dante, and Minato.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me/Shield Bash/Throwing Your Shield Always Works - Has a two shields, and both get brought into combat. Her large Sentinel shield is for defense and bashing. Her smaller Halberdier shield? Dedicated to throwing. Blame Dante.
- Massive Numbered Siblings - Hoo boy, does this apply. She's one of six kids back in Tellius, and seems to have amassed quite a few adopted siblings in her time off-world. Last count was something ridiculous like 18 siblings, including the blood ones. The number will probably keep going up...
- Engdame update: The count as of the game moving to sandbox? Thirty-Three.
- Meaningful Name - Ends up having one; in the mun's headcanon, 'Nephenee' means 'marigold', which in said headcanon stands for 'valor'. The Element she earned in Endgame? Valor. (Ironically, that was apparently not something the mun remembered when she gave her it)
- Named Weapons - Most of her weapons have names, usually given to them by her. So far: a Silver Lance named Ohma; a legendary, blessed halberd known as the Wishblade; Daybreak, a stronger Brave Lance made from dragon's fangs and scales from Dante; the Flame Lance she won from General Petrine in Path of Radiance, renamed the Phoenix Lance, depowered by Cálice; Luna; and a special lance forged in-game that's based on Gae Bolg from an earlier game in her series, with an unspecified name.
- Relationship Upgrade - Of all the people to initiate it of the two of them, Nephenee was the one who started the first kiss, and since then she and Morgan are officially a pair.
- And now it's even more so, because the derp finally told her boyfriend she loves him. Supposedly it's only a matter of time til wedding bells ring.
- They done rung! As of 4/11/15, they tied the knot as humans. The pony ceremony was 5/4/15.
- And now it's even more so, because the derp finally told her boyfriend she loves him. Supposedly it's only a matter of time til wedding bells ring.
- She's Got Legs / Zettai Ryouiki - Not only does she have long legs, they're pretty strong. And both armors she came in with seem to have been designed with that in mind...much to her chagrin.
- Shipper on Deck - Somewhat of one in regards to Yukiko and Yu (She didn't mean to watch them kiss, even if she did squee afterwards!).
- Shrinking Violet - Was very much this once, now less so after the Shadow event. She's still skittish and awkward at times though, and on days she feels shy, still wears her armor out.
- Super Strength - What else do you call it when someone benches their dragon brother for fun? Also can take hits like a champ, despite being lean-muscled.
- Shy Finger-Twiddling - Well, hoof-tapping.
- Summon Magic - Her persona, Pallas Athena.
- Technical Pacifist - Really does not like having to kill, or even fight in a violent manner (sparring is different). But she will do so to protect her loved ones and innocents. Rakuen made this more so, since characters were forced to fight or get hit with an Agony Beam.
- The Power of Friendship - During the Nightmare Night event, Utsusemimaru calling her brought her back from the nightmare she was trapped in, and helped make the fight against a version of the Black Knight easier. For the Shadow plot, her Shadow fight led her to realize she could rely on others, and with her friends' help she accepted it.
- Fire Emblem's Support system is basically Friendship is Magic in general. Depending on her friends' affinities and her support level with them, they can literally fight better when near her. It's basically a morale boost.
- Unbreakable Weapons - The Wishblade is blessed by Yune, and can't be broken.
- Undying Loyalty - Despite how she felt after Bertie's Shadow almost broke her with insults, she still helped fight Mechakara after Bertie was killed. She even set up a memorial for him, despite knowing from her own Shadow that there was some stuff he actually believed about her that his Shadow said.
- Her in general, really.
- War Is Hell - Averted AND played straight. You'd think she'd have PTSD from the two wars? Nope, she managed to avoid that, mostly...but Rakuen? Yeaaaah not so much.
- What the Hell, Hero? - She is really cheesed off when Mako and Ako get into a super-powered fight.
- Was the target of this with Bertie after he found out she'd gone into battle badly injured.
Nozomi Yumehara (AU)One of the many survivors of the hellish 1950s-based town of Mayfield, Nozomi Yumehara - also known as Cure Dream of Yes! Pretty Cure 5 - is a scatterbrained if well-meaning girl who suffers from her own ditziness and is usually has to be helped by her adopted sister, Ako Shirabe. Nevertheless, she does get very competent when things are being threatened and people are in danger.
- Deal with the Devil: Homura, "disguised" as Kyuubey, attempts to tempt Nozomi with power after she suffers a slight Moment of Weakness. Thankfully, she doesn't bite.
- Determinatior: When Coco becomes Dark Cure Spring, Nozomi repeatedly tries to call her out without trying to raise a hoof at her. Despite being lashed at and taking a tumble, Nozomi refuses to fight back and is only saved by Mako.
- Heroic BSoD: When Ako tells Nozomi of Ambrosia's arrival and their connection, Nozomi utterly loses it, thinking the pirate is trying to take away her family and turns into a complete mess, finally succumbing to her Cloning Blues.
- Epic Fail: Passes out asleep in the Canoe races for the Equestria Games and ends up dead last.
- Evil Twin: An evil entity who's calling herself "Kizuna Yumehara" has infected Woona's dream world. Turns out she's Nozomi's greedy and power-seeking self she cast out after realizing her true strength.
- Jumped at the Call: Unknowingly. She's decided that being a Pretty Cure and a shopkeeper isn't enough - she wants to become a princess
- Refusal of the Call: Of a Mid-Season Upgrade variant - she had one of Sailor Moon's brooches for a time, but when confronted by Sailor Venus, she willingly gives it up.
- Secret Keeper: Nozomi decides to keep Mako's Dark Secret after it is revealed to her.
- Stepford Smiler: Has shades of this, due to a smaller case of Cloning Blues thanks to her time in Mayfield.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The aforementioned Mako/Ako fight? Even worse - she ends up punishing Ako for it.
- Wrecked Weapon: She once owned a series of fake Final Fantasy-based weapons in an attempt to gain power, but they got wrecked when using them as an impromptu shield fighting Lyra. She dumps them when she comes to realize she always had what she needed.
- You Are Not Alone: Nozomi just excels in this, rescuing Mako, Lyra and Coco from their grief and confusion. Mako ends up returning the favor for her when she finds herself lost in the idea of finding power.
Patchouli Knowledge (AU)
"Pippin" Peregrin Took
Pinkie Pie (AU 1)A Pinkie Pie that experienced everything up to Queen Chrysalis' attack before getting dragged up on the Satellite of Love for awhile, being forced to read bad stories.
Pinkie Pie (AU 2)A Pinkie Pie that went to Equestria High.
- Secret Keeper: Like Flash Sentry, she cannot tell anyone of the magic mirror or Sunset Shimmer. Celestia's orders.
- However, her orders also included an escape clause, which was fulfilled due to what can only be presumed as poor planning on Celestia's part.
Pokey Mitch (AU)This version of him was originally in Mayfield.
- Enemy Within - His Mechakara personality. At one point during the Shadow Event, his shadow took on the Mechkara personality and murdered both him and Bertie. Both murder victims got better.
Princess Celestia (AU)A temporally-displaced Celestia that became a space pirate out of necessity due to the probable destruction of her own Equestria.
Princess Luna (AU 2)
This version of Princess Luna is from the IDW My Little Pony comic.
- Fan Nickname: Mako refers to her as Woona to separate her from the other Lunas. OOC-ly, players, especially her mun, referred to her as such.
- Heroic BSoD: Suffers this after that Batman Gambit the native sisters pulled.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: As a result of her Heroic BSoD, she attempts to give everyone good dreams, accidentally allowing an entity resembling Nozomi to take over.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Recruits Captain Celestia, shanghais Sasami and steals the Gokai Galleon and bails after the Batman Gambit.
Totally not Discord.
- You Sound Familiar: A lot of people keep mistaking him as Discord.
Rainbow Dash (OU)
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: She gets really cheesed off when she's flat out ignored between Zetta and Trixie when she wants proof of ponies on the Moon. When Zetta snaps at her for "daring" to question him, she snaps back with a Badass Boast.
Rainbow Dash (AU 1)Rainbow Dash has been through four different worlds — the Kingdom Hearts-based game of Saudade, where she underwent a Dive to the Heart and gained an Organization cloak; the Zelda-based Wishing Scales, where she obtained a magical guitar; Trans9, where she sought to save the world and lost a friend; and WitchesReign, where she fell in love and learned to use paramagic and fight. All this has left her just a 'bit' messed-up.
- Darker and Edgier: Rainbow's been through a lot off Equestria, and it's left a mark.
- Did Not Get The Guy: Rainbow will never be with her first love.
- Unrequited Love Lasts Forever: Or at least, this far into the game.
- Fantastically Indifferent: After everything she's been through, Rainbow Dash is almost entirely immune to surprise.
- Heartbroken Badass
- Other Me Annoys Me: Rainbow has a neurotic fear of making her setting-native self feel inadequate or incapable, to the point of actively avoiding this Equestria's Rainbow Dash at all times and in all ways.
- This extends to the OU version of Rainbow.
- Precision F-Strike: Shame on your language, Rainbow Dash, but Nightmare Moon was asking for it.
- Therapy Is for the Weak: Though she once held this opinion, it's mostly subverted; after Hain broke her down with a series of questions and observations, Rainbow has been attending sessions with him regularly.
- What the Hell, Hero?: After a squabble with Hayate, Rainbow Dash decides to chastise everyone who'd gotten powers from other means (re: the Basement), saying that they won't save them from the Pale Pony, especially if they haven't tested them yet. A number of others give her a Shut Up, Kirk! due to her being a hypocrite. Hayate, however, surmises that Rainbow Dash is actually scared someone's gonna think they can use these powers to try to defeat the Pale Pony after its appearance in the Equestria Games and end up dying as a result.
- "World of Cardboard" Speech: Dash delivers one to Nightmare Moon
Rainbow Dash (AU 2)
Rarity (AU) "Dame Rarity"
Reimi HanamoriOriginally a Bellossom trained by Erika of Celadon City, Reimi has been to Rakuen like Nephenee and Cirno, though in the opposing school, and so is also a former human. After going home for a year or so to journey with Erika around Kalos, she showed up in Equestria as a petite yellow unicorn with the powers of both her Pokemon self and pulling weapons from others.
- Battle Couple - With 3G!Tails
- Equippable Ally - Being from Rakuen, she can have a weapon (A paper fan named Rafflesia) pulled from her by Cirno or anyone with a special glove. She can also do this herself to others.
- Spock Speak - She's under the impression that to imitate Erika, it's best not to use contractions. It results in her coming off a bit stilted sounding.
Rise Kujikawa (AU)She was in Exsilium so she has some issues. Although she's older than her canon self, she has been physically de-aged to a filly unicorn despite having been a teenager in canon.
- Summon Magic - Her persona.
Saori Nakagawa (OC)
Sasami Masaki Jurai (AU)She's another former resident of Mayfield.
Sayaka Miki (AU)
Souji Seta (AU)
- Heroic BSoD: Had a minor one after having to break Feena's heart.
- Casanova Wannabe: Downplayed because he doesn't like the idea of making out in his current state, but he still has shades of this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Though he prefers to pretend he isn't.
- Morality Pet: Marty has become this.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He enjoys baking and pedicures. This is a source of embarrassment.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Pretty much his defining characteristic.
- Spanner in the Works: Homura attempts to keep the idea that magical girls exist away from the arriving Madoka. However, Teddie blows that all to hell and back when he mentions it to her long before she sets off on that path.
- Summon Magic - His persona
The Eleventh Doctor "The Doctor"The last of the Time Lords. Normally spends his days traveling in his TARDIS spaceship through time and space and outsmarting evil aliens. This is his eleventh form. In Equestria he takes the form of a unicorn, tan with brown and blue streaked hair, with a set of three clocks for a cutie mark.
- Allergic to Routine
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Baby Talk: Living with the Pinkie Pies has put him in regular contact with Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy: He mentions off hand to Zetta what truly happened to the Princess Anastasia and the alien Rasputin.
- Berserk Button: The Daleks. Handy's previous decision to commit genocide against the Daleks, a crime The Doctor himself is guilty of and feels torn over hasn't helped them get along any better.
- Brutal Honesty
- Constantly Curious: Most of his talks with Celestia and Luna have been made up of his questions.
- Last of His Kind: The other Time Lords were killed in the Time War and locked away.
- Nice Hat: How he got away with wearing a fez with the suit Rarity made for him for the gala one will never know.
- Sad Clown
- Sibling Rivalry or Clone Rivalry more accurately with Handy. During the Trueberry plot The Doctor admits to Pollo his own jealousy of Handy's opportunity to live a human life. He is disappointed Handy has not embraced the opportunity.
- Stepford Smiler
- Survivor's Guilt
- Where I Was Born and Razed: He destroyed his home planet Gallifrey when he ended the Time War.
The Tenth Doctor (Meta-crisis clone) "Handy"A half Time Lord, half human clone born from The Doctor's tenth form (more specifically grown from his hand) and his companion Donna Noble. In Equestria he takes the form of an Earth pony patched blue and light blue with brown hair and a red hand print for a cutie mark.
- Cloning Blues He hides his origin story and constantly compares himself to The Doctor. This has lead to an unspoken rivalry between the two though The Doctor has been avoiding the subject. This tension might come to a peak soon after The Doctor became angry with Handy for trying to make a competition out of their confrontation with the Weeping Angels.
- Fantastic Racism: He clearly hates the Changelings and when it's exposed by an accidentally-public post, everyone isn't thrilled, especially May Twi, whom he was contacting.
- Sibling Rivalry or Clone Rivalry technically. At moments Handy treats The Doctor like an Aloof Big Brother figure
Trixie Lulamoon (SN)
An azure unicorn performer. She's had a rough history with Ponyville in the past. The first time, events lead to an Ursa Major attacking the town and her losing everything, even having to work on a rock farm. The second time, she was corrupted by an evil amulet and took over the town as a power-mad despot. Currently, she's doing what she's always wanted to do: Perform.
- The Atoner: She still feels guilty over what she did while wearing The Alicorn Amulet.
- Big Ego, Hidden Depths
- Brutal Honesty
- Ice Queen
- I Told You So: When the OU Rainbow Dash tells off Zetta, she pretty much tells him that she warned him that others would act that way.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Trixie's continuously hard on many people, but shows a soft spot for people when they're down on their luck.
- Large Ham: She consistently talks in theatrical, wordy sentences and has a penchant for speeches. She's also like this when she's angry.
- Ms. Vice Girl: She has a huge ego and is very theatrical, challenging and embarrassing those, but deep down, she's a good person
- Only Sane Mare: Trixie likes to think of herself as this when comparing herself to what's currently going on.
- Stage Magician/The Storyteller: She incorporates stories, sleight of hoof, and real magic spells into her performances.
- The Spock/The McCoy: Trixie manages to fill in both of these roles at the same time, being logical and sane while being hammy and theatrical.
- Third Pony Pony
- Weak, but Skilled: Weak when compared to Twilight Sparkle, but stronger than most other unicorns. She can perform multiple spells nigh simultaneously and has had loads of practice.
Twilight Sparkle (AU 2)A Twilight Sparkle who obtained the powerful Intelligent Device Raising Heart and dealt with the Jewel Seeds incident.
- Never Shall The Selves Meet: When she meets her Mayfield counterpart, she's reassured that touching her other selves will not cause the universe to explode.
- The Nicknamer: Accidentally - she revealed that some Ponyville citizens referred to Princess Twilight and Mayfield Twilight as "Princess" and "the other one".
- What the Hell, Hero?: After TT! Fluttershy gets left behind inside Calice, Twilight opts to get enough power to bust her way inside Calice and free her, a combination of anger and It's All My Fault. Many of the others try to smack some sense into her.
Yang Xiao Long
Yu NarukamiA fairly quiet boy that is capable of summoning a part of his soul to fight. He is the leader of the Investigation Agency, same as he was the leader of the Investigation Team back home.
- Berserk Button: Go ahead. Mess with his friends. See what happens.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Like in canon, he just can't help himself when it comes to helping people, even offering Celestia encouragement at times. However...
- Demoted to Extra: Despite being the protagonist of his own canon, Yu is fairly laid back in this game, and doesn't wave the hero banner as much as Yukiko does.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Homura's about to find out the hard way what happens when you mess with him or his friends.
- Eleventh Hour Super Power: With Yukiko and everyone's help, Yu was able to summon Izanagi-no-Okami at the end of the Shadow event and drive away the fog.
- FaceHeel Turn: Allowed Tirek to get into Celestia's palace. A log away from everything revealed that Tirek convinced him that friendship was meaningless, that power was everything and that he could trust no one but himself, thus leading to him escaping from Tartarus.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Encouraged Trixie to get back on her feet after the Shadow event.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Internally gushes every time he talks to Arcee, and has excessive difficulty resisting the urge to pet her.
- Large Ham: Applies largely to Yu, but even Izanagi has been caught nosing at butterflies when nothing's going on.
- Promotion to Parent: To Teddie and Rise at times; with Yukiko as the mother figure.
- Summon Magic: His Personae.
- Team Chef: When he isn't cooking himself, he's keeping a paranoid eye on what Yukiko is doing.
Yukiko AmagiA normally quiet high school student who can also summon a part of her soul to fight. Was involved in solving a murder case prior to coming to Equestria.
- Action Girl
- Berserk Button: Any of her friends are this. Yu Narukami is her biggest one considering he got kidnapped by changelings in December and used as a food source. Let's just say that she really brought the heat.
- BewareTheNiceOnes/BewareTheQuietOnes: In canon and in game. There's a reason why a friend of her's says that she gets scary when angry.
- Changeling Invasion. Just...that.
- She made Queen Chrysalis pissed by making her get a deluxe spa package. She wasn't the only one involved.
- Precision F-Strike: When she gets mad, she drops swear bombs. Who knew the girl had a mouth on her?
- Relationship Upgrade: Being oblivious until after the Shadow Event to his advancements, she and Yu are a couple. She kisses him after his rescue with Nephenee watching nearby. Yu wasn't surprised.
- Summon Magic: Her persona
- The Power of Friendship: Yukiko sings a song to boost morale at the end of the Shadow Event. It's also used to help Yu snap out of his funk and accept his shadow. Ironically the song used in this is the song that plays in the Persona 4 anime during the battle with Amino-Sagiri to help through the same situation.
- Took a Level in Badass: In the Shadow Event, Yukiko not only was healer but also on the offense and helped others defeat some of the crazier monsters. During the Changeling Invasion she captured a changeling, forced it to be her steed throughout the fights, pretty much lead the rescue effort, played medic, and let's not forget switching roles with Yu, becoming protagonist-like.
ZettaOverlord and protagonist of Makai Kingdom, Zetta has been jerking it up and doing petty evil since the newponies arrived in Equestria. Although proclaiming constantly he intends to conquer Equestria, most of his efforts thus far have been to demonstrate his evil through truth-juice bombs and slushballs.
- Accidental Misnaming: The moonponies and the native Luna know him as the great hero Carl.
- Actually a Doombot: Zetta hired three changelings to impersonate him, specifically to invoke this.
- Big Bad: According to him, anyway.
- Big Fancy Castle: Zetta rebuilt the old castle in the Everfree Forest, despite the constant efforts of said forest to stop him.
- Card-Carrying Villain: OH SO MUCH.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Powered-up Queen Chrysalis was on the easy road to victory till Zetta showed up and stomped her in three turns.
- Deus Exit Machina: Completely unable to actually harm him, Nightmare Moon instead knocked him clear to the Moon to get him out of the castle and the plot.
- Easy Amnesia: Lost his memory after slamming into the moon hard enough to crater it, which for a Disgaea demon is pretty easy.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Zetta relies on this so much, one might start to suspect he isn't actually evil.
- Friendly Rivalry: With AU!Princess Luna because Zetta groomed her for the position. Demons don't have friends, after all, but Luna at least has realized that 'rivalry' is his word for 'friendship' in this case.
- Hero of Another Story: After the Nightmare Moon plot, Zetta and the native Princess Luna returned to Equestria in a spaceship, making casual references to saving the Moon from invading Care Bear Klingons.
- Kick the Dog: Done and invoked in so many words for the exact purpose of the trope. He even sang a song about it.
- Killer Game Master: A series of events ends up pitting Zetta against a group of players with their souls on the line, in an RPG battle explicitly ripped from the pages of Yu-Gi-Oh!. Somehow this turns into an ongoing campaign, with much less soul-threatening.
- Moral Event Horizon: Zetta constantly tries to cross this. Pushing Fluttershy into a pond was good for several months, and kicking puppies bought him some ill will, but he has yet to make himself irredeemable in the eyes of all Equestria.
- Pet the Dog: When he forgets to be openly evil, Zetta has done some pretty decent things for other ponies, especially Mayfield!Twilight and AU!Luna.
- Peerless Love Interest: Zetta apparently has a thing for Rarities although being Zetta, he takes their class and style as a challenge instead of a barrier.
- Pity the Kidnapper: When he kidnapped Rarity, Honeycomb and Pinkie Pie came along for the ride.
- Power Copying: Zetta is incapable of learning unicorn magic normally, instead relying on raw brute force to wrangle magical energy into a desired form. One of the easiest ways for him to realize a spell is possible is simply to witness it.
- Power Glows: His mana power remains so high that his pony-form mane is animated like his demon-form one.
- Purposely Overpowered: Zetta's even more broken as a unicorn than in canon because of his access to magic.
- Tsundere: HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU! YOU ARE NOT HIS FRIEND! Anyway, now he'll help and advise you. FOR HIS OWN REASONS! EVIL REASONS, HE CAN ASSURE YOU!
- What the Hell, Hero?: He snaps at the player characters for the fact that they all jumped at the wrong conclusions for their reactions towards his not-so evil plan. To be fair, they were all left in the dark and actually assumed that Zetta really was trying to take over Equestria.
- Worthy Opponent: Apparently, he's come to respect Princess Celestia.
Adam Park (AU)This version of Adam was in Exsilium and Discedo so he's been through a lot.
- Handicapped Badass - He has short-term memory problems due to getting electrified by kissing Sailor Jupiter on the lips while she was shocked.
- Though to be fair, he was basically forced into it otherwise the town they were in would get blown up.
Ako Shirabe (AU)
- Put on a Bus: After a massive incident after an alternate version of Celestia invaded, Ako takes a chance and decides to return to her world - the world of Suite Pretty Cure ♪, not the post-game Mayfield - when her teammate Ellen Kurokawa shows up.
- The Bus Came Back: Returned a few months later and a few years older.
- Retired Badass: Despite coming back with a whole new set of powers, Ako (and Gentarou) decide to hang up their gear in favor of helping others without using their fists.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Pulls this after Nozomi starts having a Heroic BSoD, just confused as to why she's doing it.
- You Are Grounded: Nozomi puts her foot down over Ako's actions, taking away her Transformation Trinket as punishment.
Applejack (AU)A digital clone of Applejack that came from Mayfield.
AquamanThis Aquaman is from that rather campy cartoon.
Billy Cranston (AU)
This version of Billy was in Trans9 on the ship Stacy.
- Berserk Button: She gets really steamed when Q suggests taking a good chunk out of the Butterfly Fund to fund his newponies-related movie. It's less because of the loss of money and more that he was going after something Lyra started out of the kindness of her heart.
Cream the RabbitA cute rabbit-turned pegasus pony along that had to deal with a time-eater monster crashing Sonic's birthday party recently.
- Irony - Her pet Chao Cheese has been turned into a little bunny rabbit. Clearly the Pale Pony has a sense of humor.
DanA short, greasy, paranoid, egotistical, delusional, angry little man. Dan spends most of his time swearing revenge against anyone he feels is oppressing and hurting him. Fittingly, his cutie mark is a double-edged sword. He's also the first outsider who became a batpony. No one likes him and no one ever should. Disappeared, only to return from a traumatizing series of events at a murderschool run by a robot bear.
- Break the Haughty: Dangan Roleplay was not kind to him.
- Character Development: Princess Luna is trying to invoke this.
- Cuteness Proximity: Loves cats. It helps him hit it off with Fluttershy of all ponies and prevents him from getting too upset with Arcee.
- Jerkass: Oh yeah.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He's been on the money about a few things, but not everything.
- Less-Than-Pleasant Cat Lover: Has an adorable Morality Pet named Mr. Mumbles with him.
- Manchild: His immaturity is one of the biggest of his many, many flaws. His shadow ends up taking the form of Bitty!Dan.
- More Than Mind Control: A variant. His batpony status makes him subconsciously loyal to Luna and her orders. She currently plans on using this and his desire for validation to make him a better person.
- Never My Fault
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- Bad Butt: Slowly shifting to this the longer he stay in Equestria
- Sophisticated as Hell: Occasionally peppers his vulgar language with Shakespeare.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: While a bit of a snarker and still demonstrating trace elements of being as vindictive and sadistic as the present Dan... Bitty!Dan was a pretty nice brat.
- Bi the Way - Was in a relationship with a girl named Cynthia, and now he's in a relationship with Bertie.
Dante (AU)A Rule63 version of Dante
David XanatosYes, that David Xanatos.
Dr. LinksanoA scientist and co-worker of Harvey Finevoice and Iron Liz. Focuses too much on science and too little on being a decent human being.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Makes it clear very quickly how he feels about Harvey.
Dustin Brooks (AU)
This version of Dustin was in Trans9 on the ship Stacy and is older than his canon self.
Flash Sentry (AU)Flash Sentry went to Equestria High has ended up in Ponyville, experiencing what Twilight did.
- Secret Keeper: Like the Pinkie Pie of his universe, he cannot tell anyone of the magic mirror or Sunset Shimmer. Celestia's orders.
- However, her orders also included an escape clause, which was fulfilled due to what can only be presumed as poor planning on Celestia's part.
Francis York MorganAn eccentric FBI Agent plucked from a mysterious serial murder investigation in Washington. Loves his coffee.
- Couldn't Find a Lighter: Due to the inability to work a lighter anymore, York goes to extreme lengths to get his cigarette lit. Including lighting it via campfire while it was still in his mouth.
- Popcultured Badass: He's a huge fan of movies. One of his minor goals is to absorb the pony-equivalent of films.
- Reality Ensues: Normally a chain smoker back on his native Earth. Once he ran out of cigarettes in the tobacco-deficient Equestria, he found himself succumbing to nicotine withdrawal, which did not leave him in a good place (without some magical intervention on Yukiko Amagi's part).
- All Your Powers Combined - The Fusion Switch did this, substituting other switches for the powers and abilities of other powered ponies
- Friend to All Living Things: Oh, BROTHER. To the point where he tried to befriend Queen Chrysalis.
- The Bus Came Back - Got brought back into the game though not without kissing May!Twi on the lips.
HexadecimalA benevolent computer virus and self proclaimed queen of chaos. Is a Changeling queen, but always easily identifiable by the white mask present in all of her forms.
Iron Liz (AU)This version of Iron Liz experienced both KonRan and being on the Satellite of Love.
- Break the Cutie - Konran was a horrible experience for her, so she's got some issues as a result.
Knuckles the EchidnaSonic's rival and Guardian of the Master Emerald. He's just fresh out of having to collect pieces of said Master Emerald then having to deal with the Space Colony Ark.
Kreutzer (AU)This version of her died and became a Reaper.
- Relationship Upgrade - Finally became girlfriends with Coco Pommel at the second Gala after some time of awkwardness between them after the Love Arrow incident.
- Berserk Button: Anything to do with the Power Rangers. Or teams of characters with multi-colored groups of people.
- Bullying a Dragon: When Zedd first arrives and declares his intentions, most of the people there mock him, mostly because they have Zetta and they've already dealt with others. To show he means business, he ends up summoning a monster and some Putties to rampage through Ponyville.
- Amnesiac God - Doesn't remember about her powers as a magical girl god due to Homura's actions.
Mako Daylily Linden of Nuvema Town
- Anger Born of Worry: She's rightfully mad at Nozomi for her constant trips to the basement, fearing that Nozomi's desire to be stronger ends up taking her down the same path she nearly fell into.
- Dark Secret: Not too bad, but Mako just doesn't stand romantic attraction.
- Secret Keeper: She tells Nozomi, who doesn't find anything wrong with it at all and agrees to keep it a secret. In turn, Mako keeps Nozomi's secret as Cure Dream.
- First-Name Basis: She never tells her middle or last names to anyone.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Certainly this towards Nozomi.
- Secret Identity: Inverted. Unlike most other heroes, Mako just doesn't give a flip about it and will proudly boast her identity to anyone.
- Take Up My Sword/Legacy Character: She uses Nozomi's old Pinky Catch to become a Cure of her own.
- What the Hell, Hero?: She chews out Nozomi when she catches her constantly wandering into the basement, scared out of her wits for her safety and sanity.
Marty McFlyNow a dragon, Marty was a normal teenage boy from the 1980's before arriving. Of course that's if you ignore the fact that in his universe he's the world's first human time traveler and successfully created multiple paradoxes without ending the world, but minor details.
- Dark Secret: Marty tries to keep his time traveling adventures a complete secret...
- Open Secret: If only he wasn't the main character in a famous movie series. Multiple citizens have recognized him already and in the case of Andrew/The 10th Doctor, mentioned that he already knows that Marty's a time traveler.
- Morality Pet: Is becoming this to Strong Bad
Pierrot BolnezeA strange clown who often proclaims himself as being "World-Level" at everything he does. This is his first time being brought into a new world, but he seems to be adapting quickly ("It is a clown's job to surprise others, not to be surprised!"). Flip-flops between his more outrageous "clown-mode" and the appearance of a perfectly normal pegasus pony with a charcoal gray coat and a spiky white mane. His cutie-mark is that of three laughing masks arranged in a tight triangle, but no one knows what it means yet...
- AB Negative
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine
- Combat Commentator
- Comical Overreacting: From his original canon: "I acted surprised because I'm a clown."
- Clothing Reflects Personality: When he's wearing his clown outfit, he acts like a clown. When he puts on his pegasus pony costume, he acts like a mild-mannered pony.
- Doppelgänger Spin
- Flash Back: This is Pierrot's signature reaction to delicious food.
- Happy Harlequin Hat
- Hurricane of Puns
- Medium Awareness
- Sexy Jester
Princess Cadence (AU)
Princess Luna (AU 1)Hailing from an Equestria subtly different than the one in-game or the one in-canon, she ended up in this Equestria after first spending some time in KonRan with Donatello and Iron Liz, amongst others. Has currently renounced her princesshood and is currently in charge of running a no-discrimination market square not far from Ponyville.
- Berserk Button: Don't bring up dark magic or anything resembling it around her. Even consensual blood magic seems to set her off.
- Dream Walker: Just like in canon. Apparently she takes it seriously enough that she uses the name Dream Weaver for her Clark Kenting.
- Friendly Enemy: With Zetta.
- Large Ham: Swings wildly between this and The Stoic.
- My Greatest Failure: Sees the events leading up to her change into Nightmare Moon as this. Also seems to have this view regarding the continued existence of Mechakara inside Pollo.
- Opposed Mentors: Takes this position alongside Zetta with regards to teaching MayTwi. Interestingly, Zetta appears to be having far more of an impact.
- Politically Active Princess
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Rebellious Princess
- Reluctant Retiree: In her own Equestria, where she's faced with no longer being a ruling princess.
- Spock Speak: Of the "avoiding usage of contractions" variety.
- Truce Zone: Established the Night Market with this in mind after scathing, racially-charged claims being bandied about by Hoovesweek.
- Easy Amnesia - Subverted. She was dropped on her head onto some rocks when she was originally dropped, and thus lost her memories. She has some of her memories back, but she will never be able to get them back completely due to her being played by a different player.
Sonic the HedgehogThe speedy blue hedgehog with an attitude, just slightly fresh after his adventure in Camelot.
Sonic the HedgehogThis version of Sonic is from the Archie comics pre-reboot and is an earth pony this time.
Tobias Fangor (AU)This Tobias had to deal with a certain murder school and was one of the murder victims.
- I Told You So: During the Equestria Games, he warns everyone about keeping dangerous secrets after telling everyone about Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen. A month later, he was proven right.
Twilight Sparkle (SN)A lavender unicorn-turned-Princess. She is native to the setting and just as confused by what's been happening as everypony else, despite it not directly affecting her.
- Fantastic Science: Lately she's been taking to studying the various Wrong Context Magics that have been introduced to the setting and attempting to reproduce them in "Magic A" format. It's slow work.
Twilight Sparkle (AU 1)A Twilight Sparkle who spent nearly two years in Mayfield, seeing it through all the way to the end. Due to her canon point being from after season 2 and before season 3, she's still a unicorn. Though her time in Mayfield made her stronger in some ways, it weakened her in others.
- Brought Down to Badass: While MayTwi is still quite powerful, Discord ended up swiping a number of gear and magic in his "borrowing" spree. She only has her usage of Danmaku and the ability to turn into "Cure Nocturne"
- Cloning Blues: The main source of her problems and the direct cause of her identity crisis.
- Dude Magnet: Rainbow Dash is quick to point out how at least two guys have taken notice of her, one of them being Flash Sentry.
- Fan Nickname: Known OOCly as "MayTwi" almost exclusively.
- Fantastic Racism: Due to traumatic memories in Mayfield, she's rather violently biased against any and all changelings.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Twilight is very remorseful for the actions she had done while taken over by Nightmare Moon, which includes fighting her friends and, in one instance, watching Nozomi and Ako being forced to kneel at the entity.
- She's equally remorseful after revealing that she knew about Celestia and Zetta's plan and that Zetta forced her to shut up about it.
- The Red Mage: She's learned various different kinds of magic through her interactions with other magic-users:
- Relationship Upgrade: Suffered from a Love Triangle between herself, Pollo and Flash Sentry, but due to Pollo being killed by his Shadow, Mechkara, and Twi's Shadow tearing poor Flash's emotions apart, she ends up hooking up with Flash.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: After catching Rainbow Dash feeling utterly sorry for herself after finding out about EQ!Pinkie and Lucia, she pretty much reads RD the riot act for her self-loathing, drawing from her own experiences of self-loathing.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Is getting increasingly skilled at handing these out after Nightmare Night, starting with her own shadow.
Vatan HainiA changeling therapist from some time in the future, from a different Equestria completely. Apparently broke away from Chrysalis's changeling hive due to conflicts of interest, and currently helps ponies fix their lives in exchange for willing payment of love.
- Always Chaotic Evil: Double Subverted. While he insists that changelings aren't always bloodthirsty and violent like Chrysalis, he isn't all that nice, himself...
- Antagonistic Offspring: He really hates Chrysalis, and speaks to her only to mock her and con information out of her.
- Cats Hate Him: And it's mutual.
- Break Them by Talking: A preferred technique.Tell me, Twilight. How else do you expect ponies like Miss Heartstrings to recover after their friends brutally assault them? They need somepony to talk to. I provide that.
- Clasp Your Hands If You Deceive: Manages this with hooves, surprisingly enough.
- Condescending Compassion
- Crazy-Prepared: Has a wall with stacks upon stacks of notebooks. In those notebooks? Details about all the ponies he's observed, from physical appearance down to personality and exploitable flaws. You know, just in case he needs to impersonate someone convincingly...
- Defector from Decadence: At first. Now that he's fixed things, it's not like he can go back.
- Faux Affably Evil
- Freudian Couch: Keeps one in his office.
- Kick the Dog: Blatantly gaslights Handy while he's in recovery after the failed changeling invasion, out of revenge for the clone's casual racism towards changelings.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Meaningful Name / Bilingual Bonus: "vatan haini", as well as its shortened form, "hain", are Turkish words for "traitor".
- Morality Pet/Chain: Rainbow Dash has been likened in internal monologues to a "devoted family pet".
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: Set up a last-ditch attempt to give all his info about the newponies and Ponyville residents to Hoovesweek if something happened to him.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Apparently a Dodgy Toupee and Nerd Glasses are supposed to make him look "approachable" to ponies, instead of being rather unsettling looking even for a changeling. Riiiiight.
- Psycho Psychologist: Oh so very much.
- Rogue Drone
- Shapeshifting Excludes Clothing: His glasses and toupee remain around when he changes, and he uses this as a means for others to identify him if he takes another form. Of course, if he doesn't want to be identified...
- The Shrink
- Smug Snake
- The Starscream: To Chrysalis using Honeycomb as a proxy.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Strives for this, making sure his more personal excursions are left relatively untraceable.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: Doubles with Disappeared Dad in a unsettling combination - it's strongly hinted that Hain was spawned from the love harvested from the Citizens of Wuvy-Dovey Land.
- You Are What You Hate: Is openly vocal against changeling discrimination. Secretly views ponies as little more than livestock and ends up writing anti-offworlder propaganda for Hoovesweek.
- Spared by the AU - His AU is all about what if he hadn't ended up being killed by Dante.