Team Coffee (CFVY)
A well-respected group of second-year Beacon students. Izuku becomes acquainted with them after he intervenes while Cardin is busy bullying Velvet for being a Faunus. The team's leader, Coco Adel, takes a shine to Izuku for this and joins the Beacon Leadership Council to hang out and share her experiences with her underclassmen.
- Ascended Extra: Coco and the rest of Team CFVY don't make many prominent appearances until the latter half of Volume 2 in the main RWBY series due to being away on a mission. Here they appear in Izuku's first few weeks at Beacon. Coco in particular takes up an advisory role to Izuku, joining the Beacon Leadership Council and offering him advice on what to expect at Beacon as well as tips to improve his fashion sense and image.
- Edible Theme Naming: Their team's name is pronounced "coffee" and all of its members have color schemes of different shades of brown and red and their names are associated with sweets.
- Coco's name is homophonous to "cocoa", which forms the basis of hot chocolate and other chocolate sweets and confectionery.
- Fox's name is connected to fox hunter pie, a sweet pie filled with cocoa, vanilla, and pecans.
- Velvet's name is connected to red velvet cake, a bright red sponge cake flavored with chocolate and iced with cream cheese.
- Yatsuhashi shares his name with a baked or steamed Japanese sweet that's made from rice flour and flavored with cinnamon or green tea. It can also be folded to create a pocket that's traditionally filled with red bean paste, but can also be filled with strawberries, green tea, and other fillings.
- Put on a Bus: They're absent throughout the last two weeks of Izuku's first semester due to being away on assignment.
The leader of Team CFVY and one of the most promising second-years at Beacon. She and Izuku meet after he intervenes when Team CRDL is busy bullying Velvet. Coco quickly takes a shine to her junior, accepting his offer to join the Beacon Leadership Council and offering him tips on both his studies as a Huntsman and improving his image and fashion sense.
Coco's weapon is a special handbag that unfolds to reveal a gatling gun that can easily mow down Death Stalkers and Giant Nevermores. The handbag itself makes a viable melee weapon due to its heft.
- Action Girl: She's a second-year at Beacon and can easily kill an Alpha Beowulf simply by slapping it around with her bag after kicking it in the groin.
- Action Fashionista: She loves clothes and making herself look good on top of being able to kick ass with the best of them.
- Badass Bandolier: Her bag's strap doubles as the belt of her gatling gun.
- Book Dumb: She admits to struggling with her written exams in her first year and she doesn't seem particularly confident about her performance this year.
- Briefcase Blaster: Her handbag turns into a gatling gun.
- Combat Stilettos: She struts around in high heels even as she's slinging a gatling gun.
- Cool Big Sis: Coco carries herself like one around Izuku. She playfully teases him but is always happy to give him advice. Izuku notices how he's treated like a younger sibling, but he admits that he doesn't really have a frame of reference for this.
- She also serves as this for the rest of her team, and acts very protective of Velvet. She takes a shine to Izuku specifically because he stepped in between Velvet and team CRDL.
- Cool Shades: Wears these constantly.
- Former Teen Rebel: She apparently used to carry herself like a punk and would snap at others when they got in her face. Coco was also the head of the "Fashion Club", which nearly got her expelled because it was basically a thinly-veiled attempt to get free clothes for herself.
- Gatling Good: Her weapon is a gatling gun hidden inside a handbag. It fires powerful armor-piercing rounds that make quick work of Death Stalkers and Nevermores.
- Girly Bruiser: Coco loves clothes and hates when they get destroyed. She can also beat down Beowolves with her bag, which turns into a gatling gun.
- Handbag of Hurt: Her Gatling gun folds up into a purse with some serious heft.
- I Hate Past Me: She's really not proud of how she acted in her first year. She never bullied anyone like CRDL or Katsuki, but she was a royal bitch who nearly got kicked out for trying to start a club whose sole purpose was to use Beacon money to buy clothes, not to mention got into many fights with her own team. She settled down eventually, but she does not like reminders of how she used to act.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is pronounced the same way as "cocoa", reflecting the chocolaty color scheme of her outfit and the dessert theme naming of her team. It's also spelled the same way as a brand of real-world fashionable clothes, reflecting her fashionista attitude.
- More Dakka: Her weapon is a handbag that unfolds into a minigun.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: She's even stronger than Nora and Yang, easily winning the strength game on Hunter's Day and even denting the bell. Meanwhile, the much more obviously muscular Izuku just barely comes short of finishing it.
- Sempai/Kohai: She's the Senpai to Izuku's Kohai, taking a shine to him after he defends Velvet from Team CRDL's abuse and joining the Beacon Leadership Council. She's also happy to introduce him to her teammates and offers him advice whenever necessary.
- In turn she's the Kohai to Mirio's Sempai.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Gets into this frequently with Fox.
- Statuesque Stunner: She stands at 6', making her a half-foot taller than Izuku. Like the rest of the girls at Beacon, she's stunningly beautiful as well.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Textual variant. Shes puking near-constantly at the Beacon Leadership Council meeting after the Long Night due to being hungover, but its never really described.
The most sarcastic member of Team CFVY, being the most prone to snarking at Coco.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His weapons are a pair of blades attached to his wrist.
- Deadpan Snarker: He tends to snark at Coco whenever they're together, often leading to Snark-to-Snark Combat.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: In addition to the multitude of scars on his arms, he has a very thin one on the right side of his lips. Izuku is intimidated by these.
- Heroic Build: He's noted to have muscular arms that are covered in scars.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Fox acts rather dismissive of Izuku from the get-go, but Coco tells Izuku that this means that Fox likes him despite Fox's assurances to the contrary.Coco: Hey, nice job there Deku, you actually managed to get Fox to like you on your first go. Not a lot of people get that pleasure.
Fox: Shove it Adel, I don't like this kid, I honestly just couldn't give a rat's ass one way or the other. In fact, the more you're pushing him on us, the more it's getting kind of aggravating. So take your little accessory and shove off then.
Coco: Oh shush. You and I both know that if you actually didn't like little old Deku here you would've stormed off in a huff to... oh, whatever it is you do to impress the girls with your bad boy attitude. Sulk on the edge of a rooftop? Stare mysteriously into the distance. [adjusts her shades] Honestly Fox, after all this time you're still such a try hard.
- Last-Name Basis: He calls Coco by her surname rather than her given name.
- Milky White Eyes: His eyes are solid white.
- Monochromatic Eyes: Fox has pure white eyes with no differentiation between the irises, sclera, or pupils.
- Power Fist: His blades have large metal plates that extend past his arm and seem to serve as knuckle dusters.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Wears what appears to be a sleeveless vest, which shows that his arms are covered in scars.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Gets into this frequently with Coco.Coco: [referring to Izuku] Oh Gods, isn't he just the cutest little First Year you've ever seen? Why do so many of them come around stomping like they own the place rather than acting all cute and nervous? It'd be way better if you ask me.
Fox: You mean you hate it when First Years act exactly like you did?
Coco: [freezes and readjusts her shades] Come on, you can't possibly mean that Fox. Surely you mean to say that, at the very least, I acted with a bit of decorum and reservation befitting a-
Fox: No, you acted like someone who thought they practically owned this school the moment you stepped into it." With that, Coco just gasped as she looked down at you.
Coco: [gasps and looks down at Izuku] Don't believe a word of it Deku, that's just slander. Slander and gossip. You and I are above those sorts of things.
- Utility Belt: Has three pouches visibly attached to his belt.
One of Izuku's upperclassman and a rabbit Faunus. While her abilities are up to snuff for her year, Velvet struggles with her frayed nerves, fears of failure, and her poor studying skills.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: As mentioned in the character bio, she's smart and capable, but she's been held back a year thanks to her nerves making her terrible at taking tests. It's something she's quite ashamed of, and it also leads her to passivity when Team CRDL targets her. It's also revealed that her youngest sister, Thena, is a Chimera, and that's been hard on her family.
- Bullying a Dragon: Team CRDL bully her for being a Faunus even though she's fully able to kick all of their asses even without her weapon. She simply chooses to endure it instead of retaliate because she doesn't want to start conflict.
- Camera Fiend: She frequently takes pictures as a hobby and method of stress relief. She and Izuku discuss it at one point.
- Little Bit Beastly: Comes with being a Faunus.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "Red Velvet," a type of cake, and it fits into the Theme Naming of the rest of her team. The fact that she's a rabbit Faunus named Velvet may also be a reference to the old story "The Velveteen Rabbit."
- Nervous Wreck: She's even more easily startled than Izuku and cracks under pressure, allowing her self to get bullied by Cardin even though she's fully capable of kicking Team CRDL's asses without breaking a sweat.
- This is actually why Izuku knows her- she's perfectly capable of fighting and talking to people with little problem, but she freezes up at stress. As such, she failed a good portion of her tests and had to repeat the year, putting her in the same class as the rest of the main cast.
- Unusual Ears: Her Faunus Traits is a pair of rabbit ones that stick straight up in the air, seemingly defying gravity.
His weapon is a giant, orange cleaver.
- Affectionate Nickname: His friends tend to call him "Yatsu" for short.
- Amazon Chaser: Izuku tries to help him get a date by explaining that many women don't like it if you just stand in front of them and pose while flexing your muscles, then follows that up by asking if that's how he would like to be treated. This backfires immediately when Yatsu mentions that he would love it if a strong woman started flexing her muscles in front of him.
- BFS: In a school full of mechashifting multipurpose weapons, Yatsu chooses to cut down Grimm with just a really big sword.
- The Big Guy: Yatsu towers over Izuku by several heads and makes him look like a toothpick. Izuku still struggles to lift the barbell Yatsu dropped on him and feels numb when he finally drops it even with 5% of One For All running through him. Izuku notes that the only person who comes close to Yatsu's height is Toshinori, and he's not that much bigger.
- Eyes Always Shut: His squint gives him this appearance.
- Gentle Giant: He's rather warm and friendly despite his intimidating stature and tries to silently advise Izuku through Fox's and Coco's antics.
- Heroic Build: Yatsuhashi is built like a brick house and Izuku wonders if Toshinori was as big as him when he was younger.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: He says that he has a date with Pearl Socrates-Nostradamus when Coco gets into an argument with Fox, only for Coco and Fox to reel him back in with Coco's scarf.
Team Matthiola (MHA)
A third-year at Beacon and the leader of Team MHA. An energetic and always optimistic fan of Toshinori, he and Izuku meet while the latter is trying to get martial arts training from Juu Mitama.
- The Ace: Mirio is recognized as one of Beacon's top students. He's already trusted to handle high-risk missions and Ozpin recommended him as a possible successor for Toshinori. He's also the previous Vytal Festival champion.
- Adaptational Badass: Like the rest of the transplanted My Hero Academia characters, Mirio benefits from having an Aura.
- While it's not mentioned explicitly, given that no one comments on how he's naked when he phases through things, it seems that this version has solved that particular issue his canon self suffered from. It's especially notable since his canon self's Establishing Character Moment was a Full-Frontal Assault Curb-Stomp Battle on Class 1-A.
- Age Lift: He's 19 years old as a third-year at Beacon when compared to his 18-year-old canon counterpart.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Mirio is a third-year and easily hands Izuku's rear to him while holding back and not even using his Semblance.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: His constant cheeriness, goofball tendencies, and tendency to spook people by passing through walls belies the fact that he's easily one of Beacon's top students and a former Vytal Festival champion.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Mirio is a blonde-haired Huntsman who was inspired by Toshinori's acts of heroism, much like Izuku.
- Hot-Blooded: Hes excited to fight Izuku when they first meet, and generally seems to enjoy throwing himself into his training.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Bright blue eyes and a ton of enthusiasm.
- Intangibility: His Semblance, Permeation, allows him to phase through solid matter with ease, which is great for both mobility (i.e. phasing through objects in his path), defense (phasing through enemy attacks), and stealth (hiding inside walls). The downside is that he can't stop himself from sinking into the ground if he makes his legs intangible and he can't breathe or see while his entire body is intangible. He also has a habit of walking straight through Beacon's walls as a shortcut, often freaking out anyone who happens to be in those rooms.
- Missed the Call: Ozpin pointed out Mirio as a suitable candidate for receiving One For All, but Toshinori ended up meeting Izuku first and naming the boy his successor instead. It's why Nighteye doesn't like Izuku, but Mirio doesn't know anything about this, so his mentor's seemingly random dislike is very confusing to him.
- Perpetual Smiler: Mirio is rarely seen without a smile on his face and almost always has something to be excited about. Even after getting back from a dangerous mission, he's still excited to take his exams.Mirio: I'm here and very much ready to take my written Exams before break, haha!
Coco: ... I just... I just need to figure out how you stay so chipper...
- Sempai/Kohai: He's the Senpai to both Izuku and Coco, offering plenty of advice through his experience along with words of encouragement.
- Sleepyhead: After a night of drinking and partying, the normally energetic Mirio is this, falling asleep in the middle of the Beacon Leadership Council meeting. When Izuku and Tenya take him to the showers to wake him up, Mirio goes right back to sleep literally moments later. Getting hit with another blast of cold water manages to wake him up again, giving him a distinct sense of deja vu.
- Weak, but Skilled: Mirio's Semblance is not exceptionally strong the way One For All is. It's his ability to manage its downsides and come up with creative ways to use it that make it extremely effective.
- Adaptational Badass: Like the rest of the transplanted My Hero Academia characters, Nejire benefits from having an Aura.
- Curtains Match the Window: She's quick to notice that she has a "color combo" like Izuku's, since she has blue hair and eyes of different shades.
- Genki Girl: Nejire is quite cheerful and happy to meet new faces, unknowingly making Izuku uncomfortable when she suddenly approached him.
- Rapunzel Hair: It goes down to about her knees.
- True Blue Femininity: Nejire is a girl and has blue hair and eyes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Its a bright blue.
- Adaptational Badass: Like the rest of the transplanted My Hero Academia characters, Amajiki benefits from having an Aura.
- Ambiguously Human: as stated below, he has pointy ears. It has not been confirmed if this is a Faunus trait or not, as Izuku suspects.
- Corner of Woe: When he messes up for feels embarrassed he tends to go sit in a corner and mope.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: He's very hard on himself for what he believes to be his mistakes, even when Mirio and Nejire try to assure him that they were all partially to blame.
- Nervous Wreck: Poor kid can barely hold a conversation
- Pointy Ears: He has these. Izuku wonders if they're a Faunus trait.
- Shrinking Violet: He's extremely shy and hates making eye contact with people because he gets uncomfortable.
- Spiky Hair: He basically has perpetual bedhead. It adds to his aloof appearance.
A ward who is often left in the School Forge, Mei is in charge of weapons repairs and upgrades. She and Izuku meet after Izuku busted up one of the gauntlets of Emerald Gust on his first day of school, going to her for repairs.
- Adaptational Personality Change: Mei is noticeably more serious and less eccentric than in her home series, telling Izuku hard truths about the state of his weapon and her suggestions going forward. She is also somewhat resentful of her position, as her Semblance is ill-suited for becoming a Huntress and she feels that her work would be easily replaced by a machine.
- Alliterative Name: When written in Japanese name order, Mei's name is read as Hatsume Mei.
- Anime Hair: Her hair is pink and shaped like the fronds of a sea anemone.
- Berserk Button: She despises people who don't take proper care of their "babies" or appreciate the craftsmanship that went into making them. That said, she's not upset when weapons break from use in the field, as that's sort of what they're for.
- The Blacksmith: As a ward working in the forge, she's responsible for weapons repairs and upgrades, handling much of Emerald Gust's upgrades and maintenance work.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Her irises are shaped like crosshairs.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Shes something of a prodigy at what she does.
- I Call It "Vera": She refers to people's weapons as "babies" and urges Hunters to take better care of them. She also threatens anyone who touches hers without permission, claiming that not even the gods would be able to save them if they do.
- Izuku fully expects to get an earful after Emerald Gust ends up beaten and caked with seawater by the end of his action-packed first semester. Surprisingly enough, Mei understands and says that's what weapons are supposed to be used for. As long as the user is saving lives with the best of intentions, then there's no reason to be mad for having the babies take a beating.
- Meaningful Name: Mei's name is derived from hatsumei, the Japanese word for "invention". While she isn't constantly inventing new gadgets this time around, she is the one who pulls off most of the Emerald Gust's upgrades and maintenance in short order.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Its flamingo pink, and vaguely resembles a sea anemone.
The self-proclaimed (and only) hall monitor of Beacon Academy, she sees to it that the school's rules are followed at all times, hunting down rule breakers with frightening tenacity.
- Death Glare: When confronting Izuku about Nora's messes, she flashes him such a deadly glare that he immediately starts screaming and crying, feeling as helpless as the days he was Broken while he furiously apologizes to her.
- Horned Humanoid: Shes an ox Faunus with some pretty big horns.
- Lawful Good: Shes genuinely well intentioned in her hall monitoring, even if she can of a little overboard.
- Little Bit Beastly: She's an ox Faunus and thus has horns poking out of the sides of her head.
- Meaningful Name: Her name refers to two figures from Classical Mythology. The first is Pan, the Greek god of the wild, which is suitable for a Faunus. The second is Minos, referring to King Minos of Crete, who became a judge in the underworld after his death and whose wife became the mother of the Minotaur, a monster who was half-man and half-bull. These allusions reflect just how terrifying Pan is as well as her nature as an ox Faunus.
- Mood Whiplash: She can go from polite and friendly to coarse and terrifying in less than a second.Pan: Just... one thing, Mr. Midoriya. You're the leader of Team MNVW right? That means you're teammates with Nora Valkyrie, correct?
Izuku: [temperature of the room seems to drop] Uh... yeah, that's right.
Pan: Oh, good! In that case, would you mind giving her a message for me? [flashes him the most horrible Death Glare he's ever seen] YOU TELL HER THAT IF I KEEP FINDING RANDOM BITS OF THE HALL SPLATTERED WITH WHATEVER CRAP SHE KEEPS EATING WHILE IN TRANSIT OR FIND OUT THAT SHE'S CONTINUED TO CAUSE HAVOC BY RUNNING THROUGH THE HALLS AND KNOCKING STUDENTS OUT OF THE WAY THAT I'LL NOT ONLY GIVE HER DETENTION, BUT IT'LL KEEP HER LOCKED UP IN THAT ROOM FOR SO LONG THAT SHE'LL FORGET THE FEELING OF THE SUN'S WARMTH ON HER SKIN! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!
- Original Character: She is an entirely original creation for the story, having no equivalent in either of the story's source materials.
- Understatement: Pan admits that her methods are a "little" scary and excessive.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Her terrifying methodology belies the fact that she's trying to keep Beacon Academy safe and its rules enforced. Given that this is a school that trains people to be able to fight monsters the size of barns, a gentler touch isn't as effective.
Students from Other Schools
Team MADE (Atlas)
Team MADE is a team of Hunters-in-Training from Atlas Academy consisting of Momo Yaoyorozu, Mina Ashido, Denki Kaminari, and Eijirou Kirishima. They first run into Team MNVW and Team RSBR while chasing after Sun Wukong, who stowed away on a ship from Mistral, at the behest of the ship's crew and the local authorities.
- The Conspiracy: ADE accuses the students of Beacon attempting one by inviting Momo to join the Beacon Leadership Council, so they can learn MADE's secrets. Momo shoots this theory down as the students in question already know Team MADE's abilities, as they fought together at the docks.
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: Unlike Team MNVW, RSBR, and TABY, Team MADE consists of two girls and two boys.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With the exception of Momo, they seem to be this towards each other, making jabs, using each others' Semblances for Mundane Utility, but never actually being unfriendly towards one another.
The wealthy leader of Team MADE. She's an old friend of Weiss' due to their similarly aristocratic upbringing. Her gift for learning and strategy has made her the team's brains and she's always looking to keep them prepared for whatever life throws at them.
- Adaptational Badass: Like the rest of the transplanted My Hero Academia characters, Momo benefits from having an Aura.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Subverted. Shes a bit socially awkward, but that has more to do with her sheltered upbringing.
- Boobs of Steel: She's the leader of her team and fights in close combat with weapons she makes with her Semblance. She's also one of the bustiest girls in the series. The only one who matches her in terms of bust size is Yang, who also fits this trope.
- Didn't Think This Through: She gets sick working with her skimpy outfit in the Valean winter. When asked why, she says she wants to adjust to the temperature so that she can concentrate better, and then points out that Eijirou wears almost as little. Eijirou then has to point out that unlike her, his Semblance gives him protection from the environment.
- She gets hit with this hard when Izuku suggests some really, really simple upgrades to her outfit to make it better for cold weather, such as a cloak and leggings.
- Entertainingly Wrong: After the Docks raid, she tries her best to avoid Izuku because she's concerned about what he will do to her or Mina. This is because, when Nora was telling her about Izuku, she mentioned that Izuku "Finger-Banged" his girlfriend before they were dating. While it was good for her to be cautious about rumors about someone who performs sexual acts on someone in public, Nora actually meant that Izuku used the Glenn Smash on Yang. Momo is suitably embarrassed when she finds out the truth.
- Exposed to the Elements: Deconstructed. Her Semblance forces her to wear a skimpy outfit, which ends up getting her sick while she's training in Atlas' frigid winter weather in it.
- Fiction 500: While she isn't quite as rich as the Schnees, Eijirou says that she's still wealthy enough to literally swim in cards of Lien.
- Innocently Insensitive: She's rather oblivious to money problems due to growing up with more than she could ever hope to spend. Because of this, she uses 1,000 lien cards as bookmarks because it's "such a small amount" while her teammates look on in shock.
- The Leader: Of Team MADE.
- Nice Girl: Although she comes off as stern at times, she is an incredibly kind girl who loves to use her wealth to make other people happy and cares deeply about her team's well-being. Even when dealing with criminals and terrorists, she's sure to ask them to surrender first rather than jumping straight to the asskicking.
- Of the group to catch Sun, she's literally the only person (of the thirteen people there) who can honestly say she's never had so much as a misdemeanor on her record.
- Ojou: She's incredibly wealthy and her family is an associate of the Schnees. Momo is always polite and carries herself with aristocratic dignity (but without most of the snobbishness).
- The Power of Creation: Momo's Semblance allows her to spend her Aura to create inorganic objects from within her own body. She usually uses this Semblance to generate tools and weapons for herself and her teammates.
- Red Is Heroic: Shes very smart and capable, and her combat outfit is bright cherry red.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Momo's unique Semblance requires her to wear a... revealing outfit because she creates matter from within her own body.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: She brought a four poster mahogany canopy bed from home, taking up a quarter of her team's dorm space. She's also confused when she learns that her teammates don't have their own cake butlers and uses 1,000 lien cards as bookmarks because "it's such a small amount and there is always a few on hand".
- Simple Staff: She tends to make these with her Semblance as a melee weapon.
- The Smart Guy: Her IQ rating is "Very High" when compared to her teammates, who all have "Low" ratings.
- Spoiled Sweet: Although she comes from an incredibly wealthy background like Weiss, Momo has little of the Schnee condescension and is quite happy to toss her money around for her friends.
- Stating the Simple Solution: Momo is a certified genius, but can't figure out how to combine her Stripperific outfit with cold weather. Izuku is the one to point out some simple solutions- like "Does she need her legs exposed?" or "A cloak to keep warm," or "Thermal Underwear."
- Stripperific: Her combat outfit shows a lot of skin because her Semblance makes objects from within her own body. The sight of this is so shocking to José Cuérvo that he's tempted to throw her his jacket even though they're supposed to be fighting.
- Uncle Pennybags: Momo is happy to share her wealth with her teammates, offering to buy more of the gourmet cocoa she brought from home after seeing how much they enjoy it.
A distinctively pink member of Team MADE. She's a bouncy and chatty Faunus who loves gossip and meeting new faces.
- Adaptation Species Change: She's a Faunus in this story to explain her appearance. Specifically, she's what's called a chimera, a type of Faunus that has more than one type of animal trait or animal traits from multiple animals.
- Adaptational Badass: Like the rest of the transplanted My Hero Academia characters, Mina benefits from having an Aura.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Mina's skin and hair are bright pink, which is notable when nearly every other Human and Faunus has a normal skin tone.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Mina's acid is not especially heroic-sounding, but she's still a Huntress-in-Training who wants to do good in the world.
- Color Motif: Pink. Pink clothes, pink hair pink skin...
- The Face: She's amazingly social and good at talking to other people but frequently goes out to parties and bars to socialize.
- Genki Girl: She remains the bouncy, cheerful girl from her original series. She's also friends with Neon, another example of this trope.
- Hand Cannon: She cares a .44 caliber automatic pistol as a sidearm for when she isn't using her acid.
- Hollywood Acid: Mina is able to produce powerful acid that can even melt the head of an Ursa Major, but it's unclear if it's her Semblance or one of her Faunus traits (she seems to think it's the latter).
- Horned Humanoid: One of her Faunus Traits is a pair of antenna like horns.
- Informed Species: No one on her team, not even her partner, Denki, is actually sure what kind of Faunus she is due to her strange combination of traits: hot pink skin, curly horns, and black sclera. Tsuyu believes that Mina is likely a kind of Chimera, a type of Faunus born to parents with differing animal traits.
- Weirdly enough, even though she can secrete acid strong enough to melt an Ursa's skull, that's apparently part of her quote-unquote species- it's not a Semblance. Well, according to her at least.
- Shipper on Deck: After learning of Yang and Izuku's relationship, she's quick to ask for all of the gooey details and helps Ren manipulate things to get them in an intimate situation.
- Ship Tease: During a canon omake where she went shopping with Nora, she mentions the main reason she wouldn't go for Kirishima is that her father wouldn't like it.
- Super Senses: Like all Faunus, she has night vision.
- Super Speed: She's fast enough that when she runs over to nab one of Eijirou's grilled cheese sandwiches, he begins thinking of Neon Katt.
- Technicolor Eyes: Her sclera are black and her irises are pink.
- The Social Expert: She's a confident and outgoing conversationalist who seems to get along with everyone.
- Technicolor Eyes: Her sclera are tinted black by the acid in her body.
- Technicolor Toxin: The acid she creates tints her skin pink and her sclera black.
- Token Non-Human: She's the only Faunus on her team. What type of Faunus is unknown- even Kirishima, who has known her since childhood, doesn't know.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A shade of pink that's lighter than her skin.
A stylish member of Team MADE. He's a flirt who will take every opportunity he can get to look cool in front of the girls. While he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, his powerful Semblance more than makes up for it when it comes to disabling groups of people.
- Adaptational Badass: Like the rest of the transplanted My Hero Academia characters, Denki benefits from having an Aura.
- All Men Are Perverts: He's jealous of Izuku for being surrounded by so many beautiful girls on his team and landing a smoking hot girlfriend. He also prostrates himself before Izuku after learning that Izuku "finger-banged" Yang repeatedly in sparring class.
- Casanova Wannabe: He tries to put up a cool front and look stylish to attract girls, but all his attempts to flirt go up in smoke.
- Dumb Blond: His hair is bright blond, and he has a Low IQ stat. It's not helped that overusing his semblance will fry his brain to a degree.
- Hand Cannon: He carries a .44 caliber automatic pistol for when he isn't using his Semblance.
- Last-Name Basis: Even though his name forms the "D" in MADE, Denki prefers to be referred to by his last name, Kaminari, which he feels sounds cooler.
- Meaningful Name: His name literally means "Lightning Electricity" in Japanese.
- Multicolored Hair: Blond with a jagged black highlight in his bangs.
- Mundane Utility: Mina uses Denki to charge her Scroll with his electrical discharges. He hates it when she does this. He actually has no problem with charging his own Scroll, he just finds other people using him as a outlet annoying.
- Power at a Price: He has an incredibly powerful semblance- the ability to control lightning and to generate it from his body- but using too much of it will leave him stumbling around muttering like an idiot in the middle of a fight, highly vulnerable to anyone who might think to try to get an easy kill.
- Ranged Emergency Weapon: His automatic pistol is designed to be this so he doesn't have to solely rely on his Semblance, which can leave him dazed and vulnerable in the middle of a fight.
- Shock and Awe: Denki's Semblance, which he calls Taste My Lightning, allows him to emit electricity from his body. The drawback is that overusing it will short circuit his brain for several minutes, which leaves him dazed with only minimal awareness of his surroundings.
A spiky-haired and resilient member of Team MADE and Momo's partner. A passionate young man with an admiration for great Huntsmen of days past, he's focused on being "manly" and brave, serving as the team's vanguard and shield.
- Adaptational Badass: Like the rest of the transplanted My Hero Academia characters, Eijirou benefits from having an Aura. His Semblance also protects him from the elements, compared to his manga counterpart merely having hardened skin that couldn't take extreme heat.
- Bizarre Human Biology: Eijirou has unusually sharp and pointy teeth, which gets him mistaken for a shark Faunus by members of the White Fang. He and Mina mention using this in the past in order to a drop on a bunch of Fang members who were harassing people. While this is explained in his home series as a side effect of his Quirk, it goes completely unexplained here.
- Book Dumb: Hes...not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- Calling Your Attacks: He often shouts "Unbreakable!" while activating his Semblance.
- Close-Range Combatant: Like Izuku, Eijirou is trained in a variety of martial arts, including Karate and Judo. He tries to get around his lack of mobility by carrying iron balls to chuck at his opponents as improvised projectiles.
- Department of Redundancy Department: His sidestory introduction calls him manly three times:Eijirou Kirishima was many things. Manly, a combat expert, manly, owner of one of the best defensive Semblances he had ever heard of, manly, and near the top of his year in sparing.
- Dumb Muscle: His character sheet reveals that his Strength rating is "Very High" while his IQ rating is "low".
- Expository Hairstyle Change: His spiky red hair is actually styled and dyed as part of his attempts to emulate his idol, Sanada Akahito, the Crimson Riot Huntsman.
- Hero-Worshipper: He's a big fan of a Sanada Akahito (this universe's version of Crimsion Riot from canon), a veteran Huntsman who values perseverance and determination. He admires Pyrrha for these same reasons, but not to the extent of being a creepy fan (though he doesn't seem to notice that calling her "Manly" is something confusing to her).
- Heroic Build: Eijirou is strong and muscular for his age. It's a Required Secondary Power, since his mobility is limited compared to someone like Izuku and he needs to be able to muscle his way into close range for his Semblance to be of any use offensively.
- Hidden Depths: He might not be that smart or get that good of grades, but he does enjoy reading about historical battles, is eager to try new books Blake recommends him, and has a nuanced view on "Manliness."
- Hot-Blooded: Eijirou is passionate about becoming a Huntsman and is always going on and on about what's manly and what isn't.
- Innocently Insensitive: He doesn't realize how calling people "manly" might be a problem until Blake points out that it could be considered either sexist or specist. He immediately apologizes and starts to explain that he doesn't mean it that way, he merely ascribes a set of traits to the word that have nothing to do with species or gender.
- Instant Armor: Eijirou's Semblance, Unbreakable, allows him to harden his body to make himself incredibly resilient to damage.
- Mighty Glacier: His Semblance does not enhance his mobility in any meaningful way but it lets him hit hard and tank most hits. Because of this, he'll usually be the last one in the fray but the last one to leave unless he's focused down. He is also prone to Taking the Bullet for his teammates. This is somewhat mitigated by his high dexterity stat, but he still falls behind people like Izuku, whose Semblance greatly enhances his speed, and naturally fast people like Blake.
- Mundane Utility: He sometimes uses his Semblance to keep himself from burning his tongue while sipping hot drinks.
- Odd Friendship: Eijirou and Blake. One is an outgoing, friendly jock who exudes confidence and fun while wearing his heart on his sleeve, while Blake is secretive, closed off, and introverted. Somehow, the two hang out all the time.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Eijirou ended up as the team cook, albeit unwillingly, despite being the most overtly masculine of his team.
- Required Secondary Power: Eijirou's Heroic Build is this because his Semblance doesn't improve his mobility in any way, requiring him to muscle his way into range to use it offensively. His Semblance also protects him from nasty environmental effects like heat and cold, which compensates for his tendency to go shirtless.
- Stripperific: Unlike Momo, he doesn't really have a great reason for why his outfit exposes so much skin other than that his Semblance makes him tougher than the clothes he wears.
- Super Toughness: Eijirou can shrug off most attacks thanks to his Semblance, Unbreakable. It also makes him largely immune to environmental effects while it's on... which Momo forgets about when she decides to train in the winter cold like he does and gets sick as a result.
- Taking the Bullet: During the fight at Vale's docks, Eijirou ends up taking a shotgun blast aimed straight at Katsuki. Thanks to his Semblance, he's unharmed, but he and Katsuki get into a brief spat over it.Katsuki: You shitty red rock! I've got this!
Eijirou: Don't be stupid! There's no reason to get yourself hurt.
Katsuki: Are you saying I'm weak?!
Eijirou: I'm saying my Semblance is made to tank, dumbass!
- Testosterone Poisoning: Eijirou is fixated on being "manly", which is why he grumbles at becoming his team's cook. At the same time, "manly" does not seem to merely mean "masculine", as he tells Pyrrha that he admires her "manly" fighting spirit, which takes her aback.
- In a (somewhat) confusing scene, he actually becomes friends with Bakugou because the two are so filled with Testosterone Poisoning that they can understand each other.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: His combat gear is as revealing, if not more so, than Momo's due to the nature of his Semblance. It even serves a purpose, as it protects him from the environment, meaning that he doesn't need one period.
Team SSSN (Mistral)
A plucky monkey Faunus and a Huntsman-in-Training from Mistral. He stows on a ship bound for Vale ahead of schedule when things at home started getting dicey, inadvertently running afoul of not one, not two, but three teams of Hunters-in-Training while escaping the authorities. He is team leader of Team SSSN.
His weapon is a staff that splits into two identical pairs of nunchucks, named Ruyi Jingu and Jingu Bangu respectively, that double as two pairs of sawed-off shotguns.
- Adaptation Expansion: Due to the heroes actually catching Sun this time, we get to hear the reason that he stowed away to Vale in the first place, which sets up foreshadowing for Headmaster Lionheart, the League of Villains, and the Docks raid.
- Adaptational Badass: Sun's clones have far more independence in this story and even end up taking out more mooks than the original during the fight at the docks. He can also fight while his clones are fighting, which Sun can't do in the original RWBY.
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: In canon RWBY, he was Blake's close friend, her confidant, and her love interest. While it's still fairly close to his introduction, thanks to Blake not being there when he first showed up, he's had maybe six or seven lines of dialogue with her total. Instead, he's much closer with Tsuyu and Izuku.
- Adorkable: He's kind-hearted and a bit goofy and childish, wanting to invoke a hardboiled cop drama while doing reconnaissance by drinking coffee, but he can't handle how bitter it is and drinks hot cocoa instead.
- Amazon Chaser: He's excited to hear that all of the girls at Beacon are daring and audacious.Sun: [after Blake and Weiss jump out of a speeding van] Holy Hell man! Are all the girls at Beacon that lively?
Izuku: [after some thought] ... Yeah I guess they are.
Sun: [howls in delight] I LOVE THIS CITY!
- Animal Stereotypes: As a monkey Faunus, he's prone to mischief, bending rules, and eating bananas.
- Bait-and-Switch: was subjected to this by Tsuyu, whom he first met in a weapons store when she was staring at his exposed torso. He was fully expecting her to start hitting on him, and set himself up to begin flirting... and then she demands to know how he can be standing around shirtless in the middle of winter.
- Combat Parkour: His monkey-like agility makes him well-suited for swinging and hopping around the urban jungle, incorporating a lot of flipping and acrobatics into his fighting style.
- Distinction Without a Difference: Sun insists that he "technically" broke the law even though he just blatantly broke the law by stowing away on a ship without paying his admission fare and dodging the authorities attempts to apprehend him.
- Drives Like Crazy: He tells Izuku he can drive before admitting that he's only driven once, slamming the gas and barely keeping it straight as it zooms down the road. Blake and Weiss bail as soon as possible when they realize this, but Izuku isn't so lucky and is stuck in the car when Sun decides to intentionally hit a ramp to launch them into the air. Which would be fine, if he drove like a normal person when there wasn't an emergency going on... but he doesn't, this is just how he drives all the time.
- Doppelgänger Attack: Sun's Semblance can generate tangible clones that he can direct at will, often using them as stepping stones.
- Exposed to the Elements: Sun is perfectly comfortable in Vale's chill winter air in only a light shirt and jeans that leaves most of his torso exposed, surprising Izuku. Sun later picks up a scarf, but it's unclear if he bought it or just swiped it from a store. This is also justified, as Sun grew up in the desert-covered Vacuo, which can go from scorching to freezing once the sun goes down.
- Fantastic Racism: Sun's taken advantage of it from time to time, as some members of the White Fang will take the fact that he's Faunus as a sign that he's trustworthy. In reality, he's a nice guy and a Hunter-In-Training who does not like the Fang.
- Fighting with Chucks: His staff splits into two pairs of nunchucks that each have a pair of functioning sawed-off shotguns. He can fire these rapidly by swinging these around.
- For Want of a Nail: In canon, he becomes Blake's close friend, confidant, and love interest, who started interacting during the Docks incident. However, due to Tenya forcing his team to stay back at Beacon to study, he and her have barely interacted at all.
- From Bad to Worse: Sun leaps off the boat he stowed away on to get away from the ship crew and Team MADE, only to run into Team MNVW and Team RSBR at the same time, who both gave chase to him as well.Sun: Oh wow, this just isn't my day, is it?
- Goomba Stomp: Sun leaps off the heads of several passerby while trying to give Team MNVW, RSBR, and MADE the slip.
- Hard Boiled Detective: Tries to invoke this when he and Izuku are staking out Vale's docks together by giving Izuku a cup of coffee because it's "total cop drama". The image falls apart when Izuku takes a whiff and notices it's hot cocoa.
- Heroic Build: His (very defined) abs are mentioned several times.
- I Call It "Vera": At the docks, Sun stole a car (to replace the one he had previously stolen from the White Fang) and spends a lot of time modifying it to make it his temporary home in Vale. It's called either the Bro Mobile or the Flying Nimbus.
- Innocently Insensitive: Sun is quick to bring up Pyrrha's reputation as The Invincible Girl as part of his reasoning to stop running, making her groan in annoyance.
- Impossibly Cool Weapon: A staff that splits into nunchucks that have a Sawed-Off Shotgun on each end.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: With Izuku, Katsuki, and Ruby hot on his trail and Pyrrha following in close behind, Sun wisely chooses to stop and try to reason with them rather than trying to run any longer.
- Little Bit Beastly: He has a prehensile monkey's tail that he can easily use to grab his scroll from his jeans pocket and punch in his PIN number.
- Lovable Rogue: Sun is prone to bending and breaking rules, but he's a good-natured Huntsman-in-Training who never wishes people more harm than they deserve.
- Meaningful Name: He's named after the Monkey King and his weapon is named after the Monkey King's famed staff.
- Mischief-Making Monkey: He's a monkey Faunus who is prone to breaking rules and causing mayhem. He illegally stows away to Vale on a whim, swipes food and supplies as needed because he can.
- Mix-and-Match Weapon: As usual for RWBY, his staff splits into nunchucks named Ruyi Jingu and Jingu Bangu. They also do triple duty as a set of four Sawed-Off Shotguns.
- More Dakka: Dual-wielding double shotguns plus Clones equals lots of bullets.
- Mukokuseki: Despite being named and themed after a Chinese legend, Sun has blond hair, tanned skin, and gray eyes.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: He considers the White Fang a crazy cult and actively works to help disrupt their operations.
- Nice Guy: For all his mischief-making, Sun is a swell guy who likes making friends. He thanks Izuku for keeping him out of trouble with the authorities and declares the two of them to be "bros" while they scout out the docks together.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: His default outfit is a white long jacket and pants, which draws particular attention to his abs.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: This is the reason he claimed he snuck into Vale early - Headmaster Lionheart's actions made absolutely no sense given established behavior of how other schools react to the Vytal Tournament, and so he decided to check things out for himself.
- Prehensile Tail: One dexterous enough to easily grab his phone from his back pocket and punch in his PIN number and strong enough to let him hang from it without much effort or stop his forward momentum by grabbing onto something.
- Punny Name: His staff is a type of Chinese staff called a "gun" and is outfitted with two pairs of shotguns. So it's a gun gun staff. Which is also an unintentional bonus as a Mythology Gag, as My Hero Academia would frequently work in Star Wars references in names.
- Reality Ensues: Tsu asks how Sun is able to survive being in Vale with an open shirt and a scarf in the middle of winter, so he replies that he grew up in Vacuo, which is mostly desert, and got used to it. Despite what people think, deserts can actually get really cold at night.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: When you have a staff that turns into nunchucks with four shotguns that can be fired rapidly by swinging them around, then they definitely are better.
- Simple Staff: His weapon's default configuration.
- Spotting the Thread: he first came to Vale not just because of the Vytal Tournament, but because Headmaster Lionheart's instructions (and how they would gain their school no advantage in said tournament) made him start to look deeper.
- Super Senses: As a Faunus, he has the standard night vision associated with them.
- Sweet Tooth: He can't handle coffee, so he subs in a cup of hot cocoa while staking out the docks in Vale's winter weather.
- Swiss Army Weapon: In a setting full of them, his takes it to the logical extreme. Its a staff that is also nunchucks that are also shotguns.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He wears a shirt, but it does little to cover his sculpted chest or abs.
- The Quiet One: He almost never talks.
- The Casanova: Loves ladies, but not particularly loyal. Will sometimes start hitting on other girls in the middle of dates.
- Hidden Depths: Underneath his womanizing ways and trying to deal with the fact that the rest of his team are certifiably nuts, he's also the team accountant and set a budget for Sun for when he's in Vale.
- Only Sane Man: Views himself as this compared to the rest of his team, who are, to be fair, crazy.
Team JAHM (Vacuo)
- Adaptational Attractiveness: By definition, since we can actually see her. It also covers her clothes and whatever weapons she wields, unlike her canon self who has to resort to Full-Frontal Assault.
- She's one of the few people who actually land a hit on Sorahiko, by turning invisible and shooting him in the back.
- Adaptational Wimp: Unlike her canon self, her power isn't on all the time, so she can be seen quite normally. In addition, using her invisibility power burns Aura.