Character sheet for My Deepest Secret.
The main character. She seems to be an ordinary college student in a loving relationship with Elios, however she has a mysterious past and bad things seem to happen to both her and the people who hurt her.
- Adorkable: Especially when shes thinking about Elios.
- All-Loving Hero: Shes a total sweetheart, even towards fellow students who dont deserve it. Although she does have her limits.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Implied to have happened in her past, where it shows other kids whispering about her bruises.
- Broken Ace: Shes noted to be very pretty and good at school, but shes also a Stepford Smiler with a dark and troubled past.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Downplayed. The reasons she doesnt want other people to meet Elios is because shes afraid that because hes so perfect, theyll fall for him.
- Cry Cute: After shes been having a rough time involving her peers and her professor hitting on her, Emma bursts into tears in front of Elios.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She is all but stated to be an abuse survivor, and has even moved and changed her name.
- Distracted by the Sexy: She just about flatlines while seeing Elios shirtless for the first time.
- Doom Magnet: She has a tendency to attract the worst people, from a senior whos an attempted rapist to a perverted teacher. Also, bad things always happen to people who hurt her in any way, courtesy of Elios.
- Dude Magnet: She attracts a lot of guys. Unfortunately for her, with the exception of Jamie, most of them have problems.
- Extreme Doormat: On occasion, like when she let her friend Natalie borrow her paper...only for her to share it with the class to copy. Emmas upset, but decides that since its been two hours its too late for her to do anything.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Shes blond and is one of the sweetest characters in the story.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Even though she asked him out, Emma still has trouble grasping that Elios really loves her.
- Insecure Love Interest: She's this to Elios. Even after dating for a few months, she still has issues grasping the fact that he agreed to go out with her. It worsens after Elios explains his values system to her. She begins to fear that if she weren't his girlfriend, she'd have no value to him whatsoever.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: She likes cats, and even defends one after it pees on her shoe. And when she returns after changing shoes, she asks Elios where it went and hopes it finds a home some day...unaware that Elios killed it.
- Mysterious Past: In flashbacks, she's shown to have been abused as a child, but it's still unconfirmed by whom, although it was likely her father.
- Nice Girl: She's very kind, a good friend, and a loving girlfriend.
- Not So Different: Like Elios, she can be rather clingy and doesn't want to share him with anyone else. The difference being, she realizes this is a flaw of hers, and she'd never hurt anyone to keep them away from Elios.
- Obliviously Beautiful: She doesn't seem to take much notice of her looks, but several other characters have commented on her beauty.
- Only Known By Their Nick Name: Emma is short for Emmeline.
- Plucky Girl: Despite all the pain she goes through in the present and in the past, Emma just keeps going somehow.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Although she usually looks good, during her first date with Elios, she wears a nice dress and curls her hair.
- Stepford Smiler: She typically hides her worries and stress behind a smile, which has led to her breaking down in front of Elios and later developing a fever after Yohan runs a background check on her and finds out what happened in her past.
Emma's boyfriend. On the surface, he seems like the perfect one, always kind and attentive to her. However, he is also a yandere, one who will stop at nothing to protect her.
- Affably Evil: Sweet, nurturing, affectionate, not only willing but glad to take his girlfriend out on old-fashioned dates and bring her soup when she's sick... Really, if it weren't for the "murderous psycho" part, he would be the perfect boyfriend.
- Ambiguous Disorder: With his behavior, hes all but stated to be a sociopath, the only thing making it ambiguous is that it hasnt been explicitly said.
- Ax-Crazy: A very downplayed example. While he never goes out of control or visibly insane, it does tell you something when his first reaction to a cat peeing on his girlfriends shoe is to kill it. And also shown when he attacks Brian. Judging by his level of preparedness, he was already planning to attack him before he tried to rape Emma, which means the attack was likely because of that but also jealousy.
- Bad People Abuse Animals: Murdering a defenseless kitten is our first insight to his true personality.
- Beneath the Mask: He appears to be the ideal boyfriend...which he would be if he werent also a yandere.
- Berserk Button: Anyone hurting Emma in any way. Heck, even mentioning her has him on alert. Yohan takes advantage of this during their confrontation by using her name, making Elios react slightly.
- Blue and Orange Morality: His response to a cat peeing on Emmas shoes? Kill it. His response to Brian attempting to rape her? Beat the tar out of him as a warning, but keep him alive.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Surprisingly downplayed. While he is concerned that Emma may be seeing Brian behind his back, hes not overly suspicious, and the only reason he attacks Brian is because he tried to rape Emma. While he does have shades of this in regards to her growing friendship with Yohan, this could also be caused by Yohan being an amateur detective on his trail.
- Cute and Psycho: There is no denying Elios is a looker, and his interactions with Emma are usually sweet.. but hes also a yandere with a growing body count.
- Death Glare: He has quite the frightening one.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Deconstructed. While talking to Emma, he does say he loves her and his mom... while explaining that they have value to him. This frightens Emma, making her think that if she werent his girlfriend he might not see her as having any value. It also serves as a reminder to the readers that he is a sociopath, no matter how sweet he appears.
- Green-Eyed Monster: When he sees Emma and Yohan talking, he tries to make her stop talking to him, partially due to jealousy but also because he knows Yohan is on his trail. Later in the series, he begins to try to cause rifts between Emma and her friends.
- Icy Blue Eyes: He usually has innocent ones, but whenever his yandere side is triggered
- Lack of Empathy: During a conversation with Emma, he tries to explain his system of values, pointing out a stray dog has no value to him and thus doesnt matter. This scares Emma, making her think that if she werent his girlfriend he wouldnt care about her at all.
- Love Makes You Crazy/ Love Makes You Evil: Its unknown what he was like before meeting Emma, but Elios love for her drives him to kill a cat, attack her senior, and (maybe) kill her professor. Its not likely hes going to stop anytime soon.
- Only One Name: Hes the only one of the three main characters to not have his last name revealed.
- Tranquil Fury: Even when really pissed to the point of seriously hurting someone, the most Elios does is give one serious death glare...even while beating them up.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He may love Emma, but that doesn't excuse his actions or what he does to others because of that love.
- Yandere: If killing a cat for peeing on his girlfriend's shoe, beating up a senior who tried to rape her, probably killing the professor that tried to hit on her, and later try to cause rifts between her and her friends to get her to depend only on him doesn't qualify him as this, what can?
An amateur detective who also attends Emma's college. After a professor seemingly commits suicide, he decides to investigate but quickly gets drawn into her life.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Just as hes going to try to help Emma escape Brian, he sees her kick him in the crotch to escape. Yohan bursts into laughter.
- Amateur Sleuth: He's an aspiring detective who works with his detective uncle often. He's also gained some fame around the school for solving some small mysteries, like finding a thief who had stolen a club's money.
- Animal Motifs: During his more comedic chibi moments, Yohan tends to gain cat ears and is overall associated with cats. Ironic, considering what happened to the cat in the first episode...
- Awesomeness by Analysis: He is a self proclaimed detective, and his first appearance certainly justifies it, as he deduces a viable suspect for a club theft in only a few sentences.
- Cute and Psycho: He isnt, but when he tries to distract Elios while stalling for his uncle to arrive he tries to pull this off.
- Mistaken for Gay: Emma misinterprets his interest in her boyfriend as this. When he tries to play along with it, he unintentionally scares her...which leads to him embarrassingly declaring the opposite in public.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After he brings up Emma's dark and troubled past, driving the poor girl to tears in the process, he's genuinely remorseful and realizes how badly he screwed up.
- No Sense of Direction: He manages to get lost very easily. It's usually played for laughs, but ends up played for drama when he notices he's being followed and means to go to a crowded area...but ends up at an abandoned house instead. This leads to him pulling a xanatos speed chess.
- No Social Skills: Usually averted, as he has plenty of friends. However, in regards to Emma he tends to make some pretty massive social errors and mistakes, like her thinking he's interested in her boyfriend in that way and even telling her point blank he ran a background check on her, which understandably freaks her out.
- Stalker Without a Crush: What some of his actions in regards to his investigation on Emma result as, particularly his asking his uncle to run a background check on her. His uncle even lampshades it, asking him if he's stalking someone when he makes that request.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: He ends up having to make an impromptu plan when he notices that he's being followed by somebody, whom the readers know is Elios. He at first means to go into a crowded area, but due to his bad sense of direction, ends up at a creepy abandoned house. Realizing that this means the person following him will likely assume that he led him there, Yohan devises a quick plan to try to distract Elios while his uncle arrives.