- Candy, the player character
- The Boys Click to Expand
- The Girls Click to Expand
- Others Click to Expand
Nathanial is one of the lucky boys who returns to be an eligible bachelor in University Life. But be warned, he is far from the responsible and studious Student Body President we met in High School Life. Now that the pressure his parents' put on him is off his back, Nathaniel's decided to let loose and enjoy life which seemingly involves making some questionable decisions. But hey skipping classes to party and striking fear into the hearts of shady men in alleyways doesn't mean that the good ole' kind and dependable part of him is gone...right?
Nathaniel is once again an option in Love Life. Now that he's put the past behind him, he is enthusiastically giving his all to his blossoming career as a police inspector. The summary claims that long gone is the anger-filled Nathaniel of the past and now, as your Candy's friend or lover, he is devoted, responsible, and all-out friendly again...for now.
- Art Evolution: Nathaniel has had the most sprite changes out of any character:
High School Life
- Abusive Parents: The bruises on his back "happened at home". Confirmed in episode 23, and you get to see just how bad it gets firsthand.
- Berserk Button: Castiel. Also he does not like your snooping when you learn about his bruises. His LO'M drops majorly.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He is welcoming and very helpful to Candy as well as the others. But he is also the type of guy who would throw a rock at the back of your head and when you turn around, smile innocently and say it was the wind.
- Betty and Veronica: He is the male Betty to Castiel's Veronica.
- Big Brother Instinct: There's not many times in the beginning of the game where Nathaniel ISN'T on Amber's side. He also purposefully hides from her the fact that their dad beats him. In later episodes however, he recognizes how bad things actually were between them. He starts calling her out on her bad actions and calls her a pest when she's being bratty...but at the same time he still makes an effort to hang out with her after he moves out of the house.
- Surprisingly, he's actually the younger twin. He's just more mature.
- Butt-Monkey: Let's just say that some events are not very kind to Nathaniel (much to your candy's and occasionally Castiel's amusement).
- Can't Take Criticism: He gets pretty upset if you choose to criticize him, especially related to his skills as student council president. According to the art book, it's because he's such a perfectionist.
- Cassandra Truth: A crucial part of the Deborah arc and the catalyst behind his and Castiel's fighting.
- Clothing Reflects Personality: Nathaniel makes 3 major wardrobe changes. His clothes become noticeably less bookwormish as he starts to defrost more. Reaches its climax in episode 24 where he no longer has a tie as a part of his outfit.
- Covert Pervert: He is quite happy to see you in a bathing suit. Later on in the episode your candy notes his suspicious attitude when your bathing suit top falls off and he has to tie it back on.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Worse than Castiel. Castiel threatens bodily harm but Nathaniel just does it.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Bookworm: He enjoys studying, and we are informed that he's really good at keeping his grades consistent.
- Cut Himself Shaving: He claims the bruises on his back in episode 12 are from him falling. Let's just say they're not.
- Defrosting the Ice Queen: You were unknowingly doing this the entire time to him. In episode 24, he flat out admits that his 'new personality' is not really all that new. He's just been hiding it better before.]]
- Dirty Coward: Your candy lets him have it for letting Deborah get away with her deeds. To be fair, he DID try once to take her down when she tarnished his name but it didn't go well for him.
- Exact Eavesdropping: Twice he overhears some pretty important things that have the added benefit of bringing pain and stress into his life. The third time he does it though everything finally goes right.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: It's not like the other boys are bad people, but Nathaniel is presented as being the most conventionally "pure." Now whether this is true or not...
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He won't admit to it though.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: Wears a suit in episode 17 and he looks good.
- Hidden Depths: There is much more to this smart guy than just his studies. Much more.
- Instant Expert: He had to learn how to play the drums pretty quickly and he managed to pull it off.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: He loves cats, but can't get one due to his mom's allergies. Once he moves out, he gets a kitten.
- Nice Guy:
- Not So Different: From Castiel. They both have short tempers and are incredibly stubborn and protective. Naturally they are each other's biggest rival.
- Sensitive Guyand Manly Man: One of the sensitive guys to Castiel's Manly Man.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: He's smart, nice and responsible. Amber cheats, is mean, and always tries to get others to take responsibility for HER actions. The differences between the two are pointed out by your candy.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With Castiel. They do not get along.
- Stepford Smiler: Don't worry about him! Everything in his life is peachy-keen! Honest.
- Student Council President:
- They're Called "Personal Issues" for a Reason: All he wants you to know is he 'fell' at home. Pestering him for more information triggers his Berserk Button.
- The Unfavorite
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Inverted. You learn in episode 7 (with some hints in the previous episodes) that he used to be a hellish little brat but is now the polite and respectful Student Council President. It's implied that his home life may have something to do with it.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy:"No. No matter what I do, it's never good enough."
- Affectionate Nickname: 'Nath'.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys:
- All of the Other Reindeer: Downplayed, but most of the remaining high school crew decided to shun him after it appeared that he was going wild. The sole exceptions are Amber, Kim, and Castiel (who mostly continued to interact with Nathaniel to tease/get a rise out of him).
- Amazon Chaser: The fastest way to raise Nathanial's affection is NOT to fall for his charm, but to talk back to him and show that you can take care of yourself. Basically the opposite of how you may have wooed him in High School.
- Also, though he finds it hard to admit at first, he actually likes how aggressive Candy is at trying to find out what's wrong with him. He sees it as a sign that she truly cares, even though he has his reasons for not telling her the truth.
- Badass Bookworm: He is majoring in literature, possibly a nod to his love of detective novels.
- Beneath the Mask: as noted in High School Life, who Nathaniel presented himself as and who he actually was were two different people. As of University Life, it seems he's done away with the shy and easily flustered parts of himself completely.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: The straight A high school student has now decided that class is optional for the most part.
- The Casanova: He's caught making out with a random girl and has a reputation of this. He also flirts heavily with your Candy (whether you've dated in High School life or not).
- Clothing Reflects Personality: Once again, Nathaniel's appearance is a strong indicator of how much he's changed. Although his style has some similarities with his High School Life style (like the white pants), the ear piercings/other jewelry, dark tops and scar over his mouth show that you are talking to a completely different Nathaniel than the one you remember.
- Comical Overreacting: Sometimes he adds a little flair and dramatics to his actions. When apologizing to Candy for being late for their date to the concert, he gets on his knees in front of a crowd and gives a Shakespearean apology.
- In a later episode, he also shouts his love for Candy on his apartment balcony for everyone in listening distance to hear.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He sees his high school years as this. Despite the good times it's clear he's still haunted by the physical and emotional abuse his parents put him through. Candy can't really blame him as she's still a little haunted by it too.
- The Gadfly: Candy suspected him to be this once in High School. But it's very clear he's always enjoyed poking fun at people.
- Hair-Trigger Temper:
- Hidden Heart of Gold: He's got a rude mouth/anger issues and isolated himself from most of the high school crew, but he's still not a bad guy, cares about protecting the innocent, and is capable of apologizing when he sees he's gone too far with his shenanigans. And beyond that, he got himself involved with a drug ring and some of the drugs he had to deal were actually fakes as he couldn't in good conscious deal real drugs.. It's just to hear anyone other than Candy or Amber tell it, he doesn't have even a fleck of gold in his heart anymore.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Kim. They became friends when he tutored her near the end of high school and have remained close since. Kim is the only person not related to him by blood to still treat him kindly after his reputation took a hit. And he goes to her before anyone else, including Candy, when he gets stabbed showing there is a really high level of trust there.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Castiel still! When he comes to town for a concert, Nathaniel is less than enthusiastic in supporting his old high school rival.Nathaniel: Everyone in town will be there. There's never a good reason to miss a promising night-out. Even if it is Castiel...Candy: Have you been in touch since high school?Nathaniel: As if he and I were ever close...
- The Tease: Constantly to Candy. But he's respectful enough to stop before going too far.
- Took a Level in Badass: He took boxing lessons in high school (which is a nod to the manga where the bruises on his back actually did come from boxing practice...maybe), but didn't become serious about them until he left for college. Now he's very good at fighting.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: He was respectful, accommodating, and eager to help in high school. Not so much now.
- Troubled, but Cute:
- Took a Level in Kindness: He still has an edge to him, but he's no longer standoffish or involved in criminal activity (well, participating in it anyways).
The bad boy of the game, Castiel is also one of the first boys you meet. He is rebellious, snarky teenager who skips class and smokes occasionally but deep down, he is a good guy. He meets his match if your candy has a bit of an edge to her, but that doesn't mean he'll be nice to you right off the bat. He owns a large Belgian Shepherd dog named Demon and plays electric guitar. His best friend is Lysander and he can't stand Nathaniel.
Castiel was the other lucky boy to make a return in University Life. He's made his official debut in Episode 4 and he's already doing quite well for himself as the successful lead guitar player and singer in a popular band called Crowstorm. So he's traveling around playing concerts and coming back to town to study music classes at Anteros Academy. The old High School Castiel may have grown up a bit and may be a littttle different than how you remember him, but he remembers you. Oh boy does he remember you.
High School Life
- All Girls Want Bad Boys
- Aloof Ally: Although he steps up to help when needed, he does not like hanging out in crowds nor does he like to hang around the others (except Lysander and your Candy and to some extent Iris) for very long.
- Art Evolution:
- The Atoner: Pretty unique example of this. Castiel screams at your candy because he thought she was messing with Debrah, but right after he did it was clear he regretted doing so. So he spends most of episode 17 trying to apologize to your candy but she ain't having it. In a surprising twist though, he tries to apologize before he knew the truth about Debrah.
- Berserk Button: Nathaniel. Just...anything Nathaniel.
- Betty and Veronica: He is the male Veronica to Nathaniel's Betty.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Lysander, despite not being older than him.
- Character Development: See his treatment of your candy when she first arrives at Sweet Amoris, verses how he later treats Priya. While it takes him quite a while to warm up to you (probably because he's been hurt in the past), he shows no trouble getting along with Priya (possibly a little TOO well for your candy's taste.) Even if his LOM isn't very high, he's still considerably nicer to you in later episodes.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: The CLASSIC example in this game. Complete with threats of bodily harm.
- Deadpan Snarker: That is, he's deadpan when he's still got his temper.
- Dye Hard: Players are so used to seeing him with his red hair that they forget it's not his real hair color.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Well, if you do, your Candy does too.
- Starving Student: According to the game's Art Book, his meals are basically microwave dishes and junk food. He even takes care of his dog Demon's feeding necessities more than his own.
- Fiery Redhead / Tall, Dark, and Handsome: His hair is naturally black but he dyed it red. His personality definitely fits the fiery redhead and being one of the tallest guys he certainly fits the second.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Handsome Lech: He will insult your bust size often by calling you flat chested. Doesn't stop him from oogling you in a bathing suit.
- Heartbroken Badass: Before you show up his girlfriend had just left him to pursue a career. Set up to happen again once she comes back and is proven to be as mean as ever...
- Horrible Judge of Character: Your candy could tell from the get go what took Castiel two episodes (and in game months if not a year) to understand about Debrah. This also applies to his opinion of Nathaniel as he vehemently and sometimes aggressively believed that Nathaniel was a bad person when he's really not.
- It's Personal: His main reason for hating Nathaniel. He believed Nathaniel flirted with his ex-girlfriend Debrah while they were still dating. Of course, he really should've listened to Nathaniel's side of things because funnily enough, they both defended each other from her (before Castiel got the wrong idea about things).. Though by the time your Candy meets them, it's clear that their personalities would've just clashed anyways.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Mood-Swinger: He can go from easy-going to angry and back in a flash. Lysander and your candy also comment from time to time about his bad moods. Demon is also this way.
- Odd Friendship: His best friend is the introverted and gentle Lysander. They're bandmates, so it's probable music is what brought them together in the first place.
- He's also surprisingly friendly with Iris. Noticeably, in the swimming episode, when Candy suggests to do something, Castiel refuses to do it. But when Iris suggests to do something, he goes along with it. During the art episode, he also remarks that he wouldn't mind being in a group with her or Lysander.
- Parental Abandonment: His mom works as a hostess and his father is pilot which means they aren't around a lot. He is legally independent because of this.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to both Nathaniel and Lysander's sensitive guys.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Nathaniel.
- Smarter Than You Look: He's valedictorian. And when you introduce him to your parents near the end of the game as your boyfriend, he reveals he scored excellent scores on his exams. Turns out, even though he may not care about school most of the time, that doesn't mean he's bad at it.
- Tranquil Fury: You know you've pissed Castiel off when he resorts to this. Spending the $100 he gave you on an outfit (instead of the guitar amp it was intended for) and calling him an idiot over a loudspeaker are two great ways to push him too far.
- Troubled, but Cute
- The Snark Knight: If you're going for him, chances are that he helps you out with a vengeance, defends you from Amber, gives you good advice for catching a lost dog, protects you from a meddling stalker, and the like. All while telling you how much of an idiot you are for letting these kind of situations to happen.
- Affectionate Nickname: Only if you dated him, but in each version he calls Candy by the term he called her when they were dating and it makes her pause for a moment. He continues to use as you grow closer and then start dating again.
- Celebrity Is Overrated: He only enjoys playing music on stage. He's not very fond of the large crowds that gather around him nor the people that watch him and invade his privacy; and is uncomfortable talking about his fame with Candy.
- Defrosting the Ice Queen: Again. Somehow between the former model student with a secret, the innocent waiter with a secret, the current art history professor with a secret, and the woman with a secret, it's the lead singer/guitarist of a band that your candy knows very well who has the most walls to break down before she can see some affection.
- Heartbroken Bad Ass: Once again. Although Candy claimed the break-up was mutual, Castiel's reaction to seeing her again and a part of their conversation implies that he wasn't exactly 100% behind that decision. Still he takes the relationship ending MUCH better than he took his previous relationship ending.
- Nice Guy: First thing Castiel does after he finishes his concert? Go over to greet you. Why? Because when he was looking out in the crowd he immediately recognized you and wanted to say 'hi'.
- Poor Communication Kills: If you dated him in high school, then part of the reason the relationship ended is because he wasn't available to take phone calls (though he claimed it was only ONE time that he wasn't available) after the concerts he played. Since he and Candy were already long distance, this lack of communication ultimately contributed to Candy's decision to end things.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: He still holds mutual hatred for Nathaniel.
- The Snark Knight: Still has that classic Castiel humor. But if you dated him, some of the snarking he does at Candy is partially him lashing out at her due to bitterness over their break-up.
- Who's Laughing Now?: Some delicious irony is to be recognized when one realizes that Castiel's musical success is what his ex-girlfriend Deborah was trying to avoid all along.
A transfer student first mentioned in episode 26 and appears for the first time in episode 27. She's originally from India but her parents travelled a lot, and therefore she has been to several schools all over the world. Upon arrival she immediately becomes the center of attention and envy from Candy. But this girl turns out to be too sweet, too cool, and too vicious towards her enemies to cause any real problems. As a matter of fact, it isn't long before this intelligent and proud girl is becomes one of Candy's closest friends.
Priya returns to University as a lovely young woman making her way through law school. She has not loss a single ounce of her spunk and she's more than happy to use her knew found knowledge of law and fine tuned debating skills to help Candy out with her daily problems. But as cool as she is, as fun as she is to talk to, and fantastic as it is know that somewhere down the line, she may grow (or admit to having) feelings for Candy, she's still hiding something. It's possible that there may be a very serious reason that her parents had to travel so often. This time around, it may be Candy's turn to help her out.
High School Life
- The Ace: She's smart and liked by pretty much everyone, so it's easy to see her as this. Her only flaw is that she's not good at art.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's a really kind girl, and easy to talk to, however if you mess with her, you'd better watch your back. Amber learned the hard way. To explain what happened, she tried to cut Priya's hair, but it backfired with Priya swiftly grabbing the scissors and cutting Amber's hair. Continuing on from that, despite Amber talking smack at her, Priya can get her to shake.Priya (whispers): Really, your new haircut. It's quite nice.Amber: I know...t-thanks.Priya: Are you sure you don't want it any shorter?Candy: She took out her scissors from her pencil case.Amber: S-stop, or I'll scream!Priya: Calm down...don't cry wolf when you don't need to, otherwise no-one will believe you when you really need help.Candy: Oooh...Amber is really going to regret having picked on Priya.
- Bollywood Nerd: Downplayed. She's very smart and a talented student, but she's also an accomplished writer, very likeable and popular, and gorgeous.
- Bully Hunter: She admits to Candy that she can't stand people like Amber and her crew and does her part in trying to stop Amber from ever messing with Candy again.
- Hidden Depths: Despite her charismatic and charming demeanor, she was apparently bullied before she moved to Sweet Amoris.
- Informed Attractiveness: She's described as strikingly pretty, but she's drawn in the same style as everyone else.
- Nice Girl: Is one of the nicest characters yet.
- Twofer Token Minority: One of the very few recurring POC in High School life (the others being Li, Kim, and possibly Castiel depending on his mother's ethnicity) and the second of the only two LGBT characters.
- The Ace
- Gay Option: The only female character you can date.
- Hello, Attorney!: She's a law student.
- Indy Ploy: She was always pretty good at talking herself out of trouble and continues to make use of that skill when Candy gets in trouble at the university.
- OOC Is Serious Business: When she gets upset in episode 3 while talking about why her family had to flee India (because her parents had some information against a powerful member of Parliament)/spoiler everyone is pretty alarmed as it's the only time she's ever lost her cool like that.
A new love interest for UL. You first meet him while he's on shift at the Cozy Bear Cafe, the very place you intend to work too. He happily brings you on board (for his ONLY other companion is the boss Clemance) and from then on, you've found yourself a strong source of support. Hyun comes uncomplicated because he's not in a position of power over you, he's not hiding some shady secret related to some shady dealings, and he's not swallowed up in his own emotional turmoil. Oh no. The excitement of pursuing Hyun comes from a much different avenue.
The third boy you meet... Well technically you already knew him since he went to the same school as you before. But he is the one that changes the most. He starts off as a clingy boy madly in love with your candy. You could say the meanest things to him and he'd still pop up randomly offering you cookies. But then word of Amber bullying him reaches his father and he gets sent to boot camp to toughen up. He comes back 10 episodes later a changed boy. If you were mean to him, he doesn't like you. If you were nice to you he still likes you but is not nearly as obsessive as he was before. Kentin now seems preoccupied with looking tough, but a few nice words from your candy can have him forget that and be sweet again. He still loves cookies.
Unfortunately he was unable to make the cut for University Life. Last that is heard, is that he is off happily being a dog trainer.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Ken fits this trope to a tee. He moved schools just to be near you, offers you cookies out of nowhere and he certainly isn't an adonis. When he comes back from military school, though..
- Art Evolution: Discounting his "nerdy" design, he had an update in 2015:
- Badass Bookworm: His first appearance and current episodes imply he's good at studying and is actually very smart. Military school taught him how to fight and he's also very quick with honed reflexes.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Hinted to be the reason behind his feelings for your candy.
- Also why he's so close to Evan.
- Berserk Button: Hurting your candy. He was ready to go kill Castiel and Debrah after episode 16. The only thing that stopped him was your candy pointing out the very true fact that he and anyone else who participated would go to jail.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Butt-Monkey: Even Nathaniel makes fun of his military fashion sense.
- Childhood Friend Romance
- Cry Cute: He does a lot of crying in episode 38. It's both sad and Moe.
- Ditzy Genius
- Dogged Nice Guy: Only in the beginning and only if you choose to make your candy mean to him as Ken will be on your side until he has to leave for military school. However when he comes back as Kentin, he won't be so willing to take being pushed around anymore.
- He Is All Grown Up: Puberty did him justice.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: The reaction a good chunk of the fanbase had to him wearing a suit in episode 17. Though he has been looking good ever since his comeback, the fact that he was standing next to Nathaniel and still managed to stand out cements this trope.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Turns out Evan (who himself hides a Hidden Heart of Gold) encouraged him to act like this to deal with severe bullying during military school. Kentin might not be fully aware he's doing it, though.
- Hot-Blooded: Since coming back.
- I Hate Past Me: Sees how he was before military school as 'pitiful'. He also panics in episode 27 at the thought of having to wear his old glasses again.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: After he comes back from military school, he has a tendency to show off how manly he thinks himself (especially in comparison to Castiel), but it's clear upon getting to know him that this is a way of covering up lingering self doubt and self esteem issues.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: If you end up with one of the other guys, Kentin will confess he's still in love with you at the end of episode 38, but wants you to be happy with your boyfriend and values your friendship as it is, though he's clearly still upset.
- Jerkass Ball: In episode 37, as a result of Evan's Toxic Friend Influence. Not only does he start getting into a lot of trouble, but also in general is pretty disrespectful (even to the player character, one of his oldest friends, and Iris, who has never done anything worth being rude about to him or probably anyone else.)
- Laser-Guided Karma: To the players. Safe to say his reintroduction inspired a LOT of talk about who regrets being mean to him when he looked like a geek. Averted however with your candy in the game. Other than yelling at her a little he doesn't really do anything to your candy if she was mean to him.
- Meaningful Rename: He is introduced as Ken but when he leaves and comes back he prefers to go by his full name Kentin. This is because he sees Ken as a silly, childish nickname.
- Miles Gloriosus: Talks a big game but he is clearly still afraid of Castiel. Although things changed briefly in episode 16/17 when his Berserk Button was pressed, things went back to normal full force afterwards.
- Military Brat
- Nice Guy: He is said to have the most tolerant personality and doesn't get as mad when people poke fun at him. This is clearly evident by the fact that he's close to Armin and Alexy (who tease him constantly) and is friends with Nathaniel despite their rocky start as well. And of course being a dating game, he will forgive your candy if she was mean to him in the beginning.
- Not So Different: He is quick to insult Castiel not really realizing that his tough attitude and quick temper are things Castiel is also known for.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: At first. Once he returns from military school, he has contacts.
- Put on a Bus: Sadly, he does not return to University Life because at the ripe young age of 21 he is off training dogs. Funnily enough this happy ending was a result of outcry from the fandom. In the original beta, Kentin was gone because he was off training in the military. But that came with some pretty hairy implications since Kentin was not only severely bullied in military school, but he never wanted to be in the army in the first place. At least this way he's happy.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Manly man to Alexy.
- Stalker with a Crush: At first but then he mellows out.
- Sweet Tooth
- Took a Level in Badass
- Tsundere: When he comes back he's a type A to everyone. But if he likes you he is more type B to you.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend or Victorious Childhood Friend: Inevitably ends up as one of these depending which boy you decide to commit to.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Alexy and Armin. They tease, he retaliates.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He's incredibly conscious of how his father sees him and even the smallest comment from the man will make him fear he's fallen out of favor.
- When He Smiles: One of the things your candy notices when Kentin comes back is "he has a nice smile." She keeps this in her thoughts though.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: His father's reaction to the bullying problem is to say he is ashamed and immediately ship Kentin off to boot camp to man up. It may be just Tough Love, which worked.
- Would Hit a Girl: He wanted to show Debrah what he learned from military school but your candy wouldn't let him. Mainly because Rosalya already had a better and more legal plan.
Unfortunately he did not make the cut for University Life. Last that is heard, is he happily tending the rabbits and other animals and crops on his deceased parents' farm out in the country.
- Art Evolution:
- Awesome Anachronistic Apparel
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Downplayed, but he is pretty absentminded.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: More clingy than crazy though.
- Did Not Get the Girl: A relationship chart shows that Lysander USED to have a crush on Rosalya.
- Did You Think I Can't Feel?: Has a moment of these when you're teaming up with Castiel in episode 11, and he ends up teaming up with Nathaniel. You will be given out an opportunity to mock his ability to get lost.Lysander:I heard that...
- Farmboy: Grew up with his parents in the countryside.
- Genius Ditz: Very well spoken and good at music but incredibly forgetful.
- Hates Small Talk: Not so much hates it, but tends to not follow a conversation if he is not interested in it or considers it has no point.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: After being hit by a car and sustaining a head injury, he gets amnesia which apparently goes back to when Leigh started dating Rosalya. Unfortunately, that was BEFORE he met you... or Nina.
- Like Brother and Sister: Despite your candy's suspicions, ultimately this is his relationship with Rosalya.
- Mismatched Eyes
- Multicolored Hair
- Nice Guy: Even if you're not on his route, he's practically unfailingly polite and helpful, even worrying about you and your health.
- No Sense of Direction: Let's just say that if you want Lysander to go somewhere, you will physically have to lead him there yourself. Not even a paper with the address on it will help him (in fact he'll lose that too).
- Out-of-Character Moment: Whenever the candy manages to make him blush or feel flustered. Also, he can get really clingy if your lov'o'meter is high enough with him, which is rather odd for his usual disperse mind.
- Put on a Bus: He doesn't return in University Life. Instead he's working on his parents' farm since they are sadly not around anymore to watch it themselves.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Forms a platonic duo of this with Rosalya.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive to Castiel.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His original French name is spelled "Lysandre." The ending of his name changes from version to version.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: He's really distant when talking to someone. Still he can be a real gentleman from time to time, complimenting and defending you when the situation arises.
- The Quiet One
- Third-Option Love Interest: While players were deciding whether to go out with Castiel or Nathaniel early in the game, the time Lysander appeared had many switching over to him instead.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Rare male version. He rarely if ever loses his cool, has the patience of a saint to be putting up with Castiel at his worst and Rosalya, and finally he is ALWAYS polite even if he does get a bit distant (see episode 9 and his interaction with Dakota).
Unfortunately the dynamic duo is now the dynamic uno. Armin could not return to University Life as he is busy living the carefree, dangerous life of a hacker working for a big IT company.
- Art Evolution: Redesigned at the same time as Alexy, though unlike Alexy he also received a different outfit. His original design◊ and the current one.◊
- Berserk Button: Taking his video games, touching his video games, preventing him in any way from accessing his video games.
- Beware the Nice Ones: His solution for the Debrah problem...let's just say that the only one who backed it up was Kentin.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: His joke about The Sims game.Armin: If only the motherlode codenote existed in real life.Candy: You play Sims?Armin: Yeah I like to find out all the different ways you can kill them.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Though not as much as Dakota, Armin makes his interest in girls fairly obvious and will unashamedly make comments when the time is right.
- The Gadfly: He's as mischievous as they come and will tease/mess with anyone for the sake of a good laugh.
- Geek: He is overly-obsessed with video games and internet, much to disdain to his brother, Alexy.
- Geeky Turn-On: Your Candy and him can have a lot of these in the form of quirky video game references. They increase his l'o'vometer, naturally.
- Give Geeks a Chance: He pretty much could be the embodiment of this trope for the not so geeky players (yes, they do exist).
- Hollywood Nerd: As his halloween special 2012 image shows. The boy sure works out for a hardcore gamer who spends hours surfing the internet!
- Informed Attribute: His character description page describes him as shy, but if he is, he doesn't really show it around your candy, even before befriending her.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Literally!
- Lovable Nerd: Very much.
- Playful Hacker: It's not just video games he's good with. This bites him in the ass
- Satellite Love Interest: In the beginning he was rather one note, especially compared to some of the other love interests. Ten episodes after his introduction and he was still only defined by his love of video games, his hatred of outdoors, and your candy. However since then he's integrated well into the school with his own relationships with each character, a more defined personality (and sense of humor), and even an expanding backstory.
- Trickster Twins: With Alexy sometimes. Most notably, they often tag team Kentin.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Due to his playful nature, he has this with most people in the game, though special mention must be given to Kentin.