- Candy, the player character
- The Dates Click to Expand
- The Girls Click to Expand
- Others Click to Expand
Alexy is an energetic boy with a fondness for fashion, music, and being a key player in his best friends' schemes. He stands out for being comfortable and confident with himself and sharing a bit of that self-esteem with those who need it like Candy and Violette, which quickly makes him one of the best friends Candy makes in her high school career. His older twin brother is Armin and although they get along very well, Alexy does not like how obsessed Armin is with video games.
In University Life, he's more than ready to reunite with Candy as one of her best pals! Alexy does show some growth as a adult, but still retains that happy-go-lucky and affectionate personality.
In Love Life, he's still the upbeat, enthusiastic best friend that Candy relies on, but there's something that hangs over his head.
- Art Evolution: Compare his first design◊ to his second◊.
- Break the Cutie: His betrayal and depression after Armin hacks the public records for their adoption file, as well as when his big brother Evan shows up and not only does he play the harmful masculinity trope straight, he takes Kentin along for the ride. Implied to have happened before UL begins. It is heavily suggested that Alexy experienced a lot more homophobia and Incompatible Orientation.
- Clothing Reflects Personality: He has a very colorful wardrobe (the most colorful actually) that reflects his energetic, outgoing, and fashionable personality.
- Gay Best Friend: He's one of Candy's best friends who loves fashion and is also gay.
- Has a Type: Muscular men with short brunette hair. He crushes hard on Morgan who is pretty much a visual expy of Kentin.
- Keet: He's cheerful, energetic and is more than willing to help out Candy with her problems.
- Schmuck Bait: After first seeing his upbeat and cheery personality as well as his peculiar but fashionable style, many players will feel taunted to go ahead and start winning the guy's attention to get dates with him. It does not end well.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Alexy is very outgoing and loves shopping and fashion. Armin, on the other hand, hates going outside, is more of an introvert, and apparently has such bad fashion sense Alexy chooses his clothes. They are very close despite this (or perhaps because of this.)
- Straight Gay: He may like fashion and shopping but so do a lot of RL straight boys (and Leigh and Lysander) and otherwise his Keet-like personality is rather fleshed out and doesn't revolve around his sexuality.
- Trickster Twins: He's actually more level-headed than Armin most of the time but when it comes fashion or teasing Kentin (and/or your candy) he'll be right there with his twin.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has blue hair (presumbably dyed, since his twin doesn't).
High School Life
- Et Tu, Brute?: He sided with Deborah. Meta example as well. People have been taking his betrayal the hardest because unlike the others who at least knew Debrah before and thus find it hard to believe what she is capable of, Alexy met her the same time your candy did and so it's a little hard to understand why he took her side so easily. Then again, your candy does confide in him that she thinks something's wrong with Deborah without any proof.
- Fake Defector: He was suspicious the moment Debrah tried to pull a Wounded Gazelle Gambit as he thought she was being a bit over dramatic. He only pretended to believe her just in case he needed her trust and that was shown to be a good idea.
- Genre Savvy: Knew right away that Deborah was lying because she was "crying too hard". Not only that, but he still earned her trust just in case he was needed in a revenge plot. Turned out that he was needed.
- Graceful Loser: He takes Candy's relationship with Kentin rather well, if you choose Kentin of course. He fully supports it and even wishes them both well in the relationship.
- Happily Adopted: His biological parents died in a car crash when he and Armin were born. A noted point of the happiness though, is that he's very close to his mother who is just as fashion and design conscious as he is.
- Incompatible Orientation: Much to Violette's (and a few players') despair. Also suffers from this himself. He has a crush on Kentin but until further notice, Kentin is straight and vying for your candy. and if you choose Kentin as your boyfriend, he accepts your relationship with understanding.
- Nervous Wreck: Downplayed but he gets increasingly anxious the closer he gets to Morgan and worries excessively about the relationship working out. Additionally, some of the major dramatic events hit him hard and out of all the characters he would spend the most time criticizing himself for things whether they are in his control or not. This is a major contrast to how consistently confident and bouncy he was in high school.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: In Episode 10 he picks the WORST time to promote adoption. While he had good intentions and was only trying to comfort Rosalya, telling her to think about adoption while she was still in the hospital and clearly suffering was very poor taste. It lead to Rosalya lashing out at him with some harsh words and destroyed the friendship between them and Candy for a few episodes.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With Morgan. It's actually to the point that he calls himself out on this a few times.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Resorts to alcohol to deal with the anxiety of not having a stable job. Unfortunately this isn't the only way he deals with it.
- Pride: His has been dealt a heavy blow. Unfortunately since graduating, Alexy has never been able to land a stable job and has to rely solely on Morgan to stay supported (since he refuses to "bother Armin" with it). This gives him a LOT of anxiety about his self-worth and he decides to do some pretty damning things to deal with it.
- Art Evolution: His newest sprite includes more detail clothes as well as softer shading.
- Big Brother Instinct: According to his mother, he's always been there for Lysander. Unfortunately the fact that he's dating Rosalya, without realizing Lysander's feelings for her, leads him to accidentally causing some pain for Lysander in episode 31.
- Farmboy: Like Lysander, he grew up with their parents in the countryside.
- The Fashionista: He owns a clothes shop and has a hand on the pulse of the fashion industry.
- Lady Not-Appearing-in-This-Game: In the early advertisements for the game, he's shown with the main dateable cast. In reality, he's a supporting character who you can "date" for one episode. This is mostly because he's already taken.
- Only One Name: He does have a full name (Leigh Sinclair Ainsworth), but he's mostly known just as Leigh.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: He's very distant, thanks to his shyness and inability to express his emotions, but inside he's a sweet person who wants the best for those he cares about.
High School Life
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Episode 6 is all about Rosalya believing he doesn't care about her as much as she does him. You can chose to help prove this trope to them or take Leigh for yourself.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Unlike Lysander, his aloofness has more to do with shyness and Lysander actually worries about him when Rosalya wants to use him in a revenge plot. But Leigh not only does a perfect job, he admits he willingly went along with it because he felt Deborah deserved it.
- Promoted to Parent: He takes care of Lysander because neither want to live in the country.
- Younger Than They Look: He's actually 19, but Candy assumes he is older.
- Break the Cutie: Losing his child when Rosalya has a miscarriage and Rosalya's own depression as well after the event.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: He appears in Episode 11 briefly, then seems to completely disappear there after. While he goes to another school, you'd think he'd still check in now and then.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: He's a tall, handsome teen with black hair.
- Token Minority: Before Dakota's inclusion, Dajan is the only nonwhite character that has a "date" illustration. Notably, his prototype design was a white guy named Angel.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Much like Dajan, Jade shows up in Episode 11 then never appears, or even referenced, again.
- Color-Coded Eyes: His green eyes emphasize his connection to plants and nature.
- Curtains Match the Window: He has green hair and green eyes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has green hair.
Ultimately, he is not 'the one' as Candy decides to date a boy she sees on the regular. Dakota bows out gracefully and is never seen or heard from again for the rest of High School Life. He gets a mention in University Life, however, so he at least made an impact on Candy.
- The Casanova: It's not hard for him to attract other women. Unfortunately for them, he's a bit fixated on your candy.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Unlike the other guys, he doesn't hide the fact that he's attracted to Candy at all. He'll also come to Candy's aid or be by her side if he sees that she's in trouble.
- Handsome Lech: If on his route in Episode 19, he'll barge into the changing room that Candy's occupying. In general, he's very flirtatous with Candy and is also fairly attractive.
- Hopeless Suitor: Ultimately ends up as this. No matter how much you and (by extension) your Candy might like him, you can only pick one of the regular bachelors to be your Candy's boyfriend. He takes the rejection pretty well though.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a jerk to any of the guys Candy is on a date with but is very nice to her. He stood up for her when two of the girls he was with started to bully her out of jealousy. He also humored Lucy despite knowing that she was lying about being a surfer girl.
- Romantic False Lead: To Candy. She is capable of falling for him and he genuinely does like her, but fortunately for the other boys he is not around enough to be viable romantic option.
- Surfer Dude: He doesn't have the accent, but he definitely has some the mannerisms associated with this trope.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: While Boris isn't ugly per say, his nephew is considerably better looking.