A list of characters appearing in Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen. Beware of unmarked spoilers!
The Cooking Club
- Comically Missing the Point:
- Crazy-Prepared: He's often shown carrying things in order to get animals away from him, such as anti-bear spray, bones, and lemons.
- Even the Guys Want Him: So far he's attracted the affections of an aye-aye, a giraffe, and a sea otter, all of whom are males. Jin obviously doesn't reciprocate their feelings.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He breaths and lives by this trope. He might hate being surrounded by animals all the time, never failing to remind everyone about it, but he ends up helping them either way.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Hitomi is the only girl he loves, and the only person he will treat with absolute kindness and respect.
- Supreme Chef: Justified in that humans are the only species who cooks.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: He actually wanted to be with animals as a kid, but multiple failed attempts to approach a young Lanka on followed beaten up by some bears only to have Lanka make things worse by licking his wounds has completely soured Jin's view of animals.
- All Animals Are Dogs: While she's a wolf, Jin treats her like an unruly dog, and she acts very dog-like in turn.
- The Alleged Boss: Hitomi was the one who created the Cooking Club in the first place. Lanka just assumed control and everyone just went along with it.
- Noble Wolf: While Jin may dislike her pushiness when it comes to being the boss, she's an earnest and friendly girl who wants to have a great pack.
- Teens Are Short: She's tiny for a teenager, and a wolf for that matter.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: When she's first introduced her hair is disheveled, overgrown, and almost completely covered in moss. It's so bad that Jin mistook her for a corpse at first glance. A quick bath and cleanup from Jin makes her look much cuter.
- The Quiet One: Because of her slowness and tendency to die, she doesn't speak much unless she really has too.
- They Killed Kenny Again: She dies (or nearly dies) every time she does an activity.
- Bash Brothers: He and Yena have actually fought side-by-side on a couple of occasions.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Just because he has lost his mane and gets constantly beaten up, with the right motivation he reminds us why he was the strongest lion at Seton.
- Do You Want to Copulate?: Because lions mate all year long, he constantly proposes to Shiho (who only has an annual mating season), only to get rejected or interrupted every time.
- Interspecies Romance:
- King of Beasts: Before losing his mane, he was undisputedly the strongest lion at school.
- Hate Sink: She and her chimpanzee friends are a bunch of cheaters that use manmade devices to give themselves an unfair advantage over the other animals. Even Lanka doesn't want anything to do with her or the other chimps.
- Loophole Abuse:
- Maniac Monkeys: She's a chimp and a total bitch to the other animals.
- Satellite Character: For Mei Mei, and he prefers it that way.
- Abnormal Limb Rotation: She can rotate her head 180 degrees.
- Driven to Suicide: When stressed she tries to kill herself. It's only after Miyubi talks her out of it that it stops.
- In a Single Bound: Tarsiers can jump incredibly high.
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises: Like a real tarsier, during the day her pupils are highly shrunk, but at night they're very dilated.
- Cool Teacher: She's pretty supportive and understanding of her students.
- Cuddle Bug: Loves giving her students hugs.
- Everything Is Better With Monkeys: Other than Jin, most of the students like her.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much:
- Seldom-Seen Species: How many have heard of the critically endangered wooly spider monkey?
- Sensei-chan: She might be the advisor of the cooking club, but she doesn't look or act that different from her students.
- The Smurfette Principle: She's so far the only female teacher at the school, and the only mammalian teacher for that matter.
Seton Sea Academy
- A-Cup Angst: Because only humans (and cows) develop mammary glands, she's on the flat side, and is a bit jealous of Hitomi's chest.
- What Is This Feeling?: She has difficulty coming to terms with her growing feelings towards Hitomi (Neanderthals are believed to have felt less empathy than modern humans).
- Big Shadow, Little Creature: While at first her shadow made it seem she's a huge wooly mammoth, in reality she's a very short girl.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Lanka was rather surprised that mammoths is rather small (wooly mammoths were about the same size as an asian elephant).
- The Napoleon:
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: She might be the same height as Lanka, but she's just as strong as a regular elephant.
- Samus Is a Girl: Because of the Bizarre Sexual Dimorphism of the series, it seemed the mammoth was a male, when in fact is a girl.
- Seldom-Seen Species: Steller's Sea Cow is a relatively unknown species of sirenian that went extinct in 1768.
- Paper Tiger: He might have the biggest jaw of any known land mammal, but his bite strength is pretty weak and gets constantly beaten by smaller animals.
- Recognition Failure: Because his kind went extinct long before humans evolve, he confuses Jin and Hitomi with other animals, and gets beaten up.
- Seldom-Seen Species: How many have heard of the Andrewsarchus beyond paleontology programs?