The main protagonist. He is a mage-in-training at the Cyoria Royal Academy who enters a time loop after being killed on the summer festival.
- Anti-Hero: Though relatively mild, Zorian focuses on being more pragmatic than the time travelers in order to catch up resulting in him dabbling in some forbidden fields of magic.
- Badass Bookworm: So far, Zorian has had far more success in defeating a lich than even Zach simply by focusing more on theory and tricks.
- Celibate Hero: Although three girls have willingly gone on romantic dates, he's turned all of them down.
- Lampshaded. He once had a crush on Taiven but due to him being stuck in a time loop for years, his emotions have mellowed, and he only wants to be friends with her. The two of them eventually go on a date. In chapter 72.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite specializing in mind magic, being skilled in soul magic (Necromancy), and dabbling in blood magic, Zorian is one of the more morally upright people in the story.
- Deadpan Snarker: Zorian almost always has choice words of whatever situation he has been put in.
- The Empath: Zorian has an inherent magic ability that allows him to sense the emotions of people around him.
- The Fettered: Despite being in a time loop with no consequences, Zorian tries to refrain from amoral actions and upholds promises that the other party does not remember even at his own expense.
- Invisibility with Drawbacks: Can turn himself invisible with magic. However, he cannot move to quickly or get hurt or the spell boundary will break.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Zorian has no real specialty except for spell formulas and mind magic, which themselves are either ignored or extremely hard to master without naturally occurring ability Zorian has.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While rather mean and dismissive of people due to often being ignored and compared to his more charismatic brothers, Zorian has moments of kindness and goes out of his way to help people.
- Knight In Sour Armor: Due to his past as the neglected son in a family of status seekers.
- Mage Marksman: Picks up firearms when his spells aren't enough to fight enemies. He currently was working on magic bullets and enhancements, but improvements are currently unknown.
- The Paranoiac: Zorian is very unwilling to trust anyone early on in the story. Justified due to being killed once when he warned someone of the invasion.
- Pragmatic Hero: Zorian is extremely driven in his goals and will resort to mind raping people if they have information related to the invasion. However, he still feels guilty about this, even if the target was irredeemable.
- Red Shirt: Prior to entering the time loop, Zorian almost certainly died in initial bombardment unless Zach intervened.
- Replacement Goldfish: Mild example. His parents attempted to groom Zorian into becoming the replacement heir in case Daimen dies after Fortov bombs his exams and nearly drops out of school. It didn't stick.
- Spanner in the Works: Completely demolishes Red Robe's plans by focusing on fields of magic that are more useful as well as recruiting powerful allies, something that Zach is unable to do successfully.
- Teleport Spam: Fond of doing this in fights. Unfortunately, his mana reserves prevent him from using it too often.
- The Trickster: Uses magic tools like explosives and golems along with his mind magic to trick his enemies to secure a win.
- The Unchosen One: Zorian entering the time loop only happened because of a freak accident and as a result he does not have all of the abilities of a normal time traveler.
- The Unfavorite: Ignored by his parents and brothers for being less charismatic and sociable.
- Weak, but Skilled: Compared to many of the other characters, Zorian has a pitiful mana reserves. As a result, he is forced to be far more skillful at his spells and tricks in order to survive in a fight. This is best exemplified when he defeats the Quatach-Ichl, something not even Zach could do.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: Gets many complaints from his parents for not being as skilled in social settings as his brothers.
A classmate of Zorian. Zach is another time traveler stuck in the loop along with Zorian.
- The Archmage: Due to spending decades in the time loop, he is one of the most skilled mages in the series. At the start of the series, he's already hit the cap on his magical reserves, which is roughly six times as great as Zorian's.
- Beam Spam: Zach's favorite way of attacking people.
- Blood Knight: Gets great pleasure from fighting all sorts of monsters, and dies quite a few times to an elder dragon. He also battles a hydra blessed with powers from the gods for fun.
- Book Dumb: Despite being a master mage, Zach hasn't spent any time in a library that also serves as a spell encyclopedia. In addition, Zach was a complete failure of a mage before the start of the time loop and barely passing his certification.
- The Chosen One: Zach is the original owner of the marker that lets him retain his memories in the time loop.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: The Mage in comparison to Zorian's Thief and Red Robe's Fighter. Zach tends to fight with lots of flashy spells, while Zorian uses magic tools and Red Robe uses brute force.
- Genius Ditz: Zach has spent years perfecting his magic and growing to have ungodly skill, but still acts like an idiot and fails to notice even the most terrible attempts of deception.
- Master of All: Zach is so skilled in all areas of magic that he can match Zorian's strengths and completely demolish his weaknesses.
- Older Than He Looks: Mentally he is in his late fourties, but the time loop makes his body around 15-16.
- One-Man Army: Zach is capable of taking on entire waves enemies with no support of any kind.
- Seen It All: The majority of Zack's behavior in the loops can be explained as him having Seen It All. He spent a dozen resets learning to fight and kill a dragon for the novelty of that experience. He mastered frivolous magical feats and would tell different people about the time loop to enjoy their attention and be able to have real conversations because being the only person who can remember is lonely. After living the same month for decades, there was no reason to take precautions because he knew exactly who the threats were on a day-to-day basis. Once he realizes other time travelers exist and are threats to him, he drops (most of) his Genius Ditz persona and becomes Properly Paranoid, spending dozens of resets in hiding."But you know, I understand," Zach continued. "I got played like a drum by that red robed fucker that's looping along with us. He messed with my mind and was probably monitoring me somehow"
"You're sure he's not doing it right now, right?" Zorian cut in with a question.
"I know how to shield myself from tracking magic, Zorian," Zach said frostily. "Better than you, I imagine. It's just that I usually didn't bother with it, since I thought I was the only person aware of the time loop, so why bother? Ever since that night, though, I've been layering non-detection spells on myself constantly. The asshole hasn't managed to track me down once in all this time. I doubt anyone can."
- Skilled, but Naïve: While very strong, Zach can be easily taken out if taken unaware due to his easygoing personality.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Lampshaded and averted. Despite having massive mana reserves that should cripple his spell casting ability, Zach manages to be at least as skilled as Zorian in mana shaping skills. However, it is starting to be played straight as Zach has nearly reached the max of his shaping skills, taking 30 years to do so, while Zorian has reached his level in 5 and nowhere near his max skill level.
A teacher at the Cyoria Royal Academy. He serves as a mentor for Zorian and specializes in magical defense.
- Almighty Janitor: Xvim poses as a simple teacher that teaches defense against magic, but is in fact more skilled in various fields of magic than other specialists.
- The Archmage: A master of many fields of magics. It is implied that Xvim is even better than Zach in quite a few fields of magic.
- Trickster Mentor: A mild example. Xvim acts as one in order to test his students' dedication, but drops this act after the first or second month. Unfortunately for Zorian, Xvim doesn't drop his act until he reaches a certain level due to being in a month long time loop.
- Weak, but Skilled: Compared to Zach, Xvim is lacking in sheer strength, but makes up for it with enough shaping skills to impress Quatach-Ichl, a millennia old lich.
Zorian's 9 year old sister.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: One for Zorian. Notable since she only acts this way to Zorian, the only sibling who is willing to put up with her antics.
- Good Morning, Crono: Jumps on Zorian at the beginning of every loop.
The third time traveler who knows the true purpose of the time loop as well as being heavily involved in the invasion.
- The Chessmaster: Is the sole reason why the invasion is as successful as it is and manipulates Zach to focus on less important tasks. However, Zorian outdoes him by being a complete and utter outside variable by being a better planner and more skilled user of certain fields of magic.
- The Faceless: Wears a blood red robe that makes his face look like a featureless patch of darkness.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: The Fighter to Zach's Mage and Zorian's Thief. Red Robe fights recklessly and uses extremely powerful spells. In addition, he is capable of taking far more damage than either Zorian or Zach.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: As revealed at the end of Arc 2, instead of trying to fight other time-travelers, Red Robe exited the time loop shortly after his confrontation with Zorian at the end of Arc 1.
- Made of Iron: Took 2 bullets to the chest and was able to move around completely fine.
Zorian's eldest brother, a famous mage and an adventuring archeologist.
- Child Prodigy: Even before he became famous, Daimen was skilled enough to use spells that he shouldn't be allowed to even know, to Zorian's misfortune.
- Famed In-Story: Known across the nation for his skill at magic from a young age as well as his luck as an archaeologist.
- Jerkass: Both Zorian and Kirielle agree that Daimen is both mean and uncaring to his siblings.
- Would Hurt a Child: In the past, Daimen has tested a variety of his spells on a young Zorian, giving him trauma in the process.
Zorian's second oldest brother, a fourth year at the Cyoria Royal Academy
- Jerkass: Like Daimen, Fortov has been a horrible brother to his younger siblings as well as pushing Ibery into a patch of purple creepers as a joke and brushing it off as an accident.
A fourth year at the Cyoria Royal Academy. She works as the assistant librarian.
- Magic Librarian: Serves as an assistant librarian at the academy library.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Is hopelessly in love with Fortov despite him being dismissive and outright hurting her by pushing her into poisonous plants in the final days of the month.
A childhood friend of Zorian as well as a recent graduate of the Cyoria Royal Academy. She plans on becoming a professional battle mage.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Fits this trope to a T. Taiven enjoys dragging Zorian on adventures with her team.
- The Lad-ette: Enjoys fights as well as partying.
- Strong, but Unskilled: Taiven is a very skilled user of battle magic, but she lacks control compared to Zorian and Zach. As a result, many of her attacks are straight forward and destructive.