open/close all folders
Miss Machiko and her Class
Miss Machiko / Machiko Mai
The main protagonist of the series. Mai Machiko is a 24 year old college graduate who works as a science teacher at Arama Middle School. Despite her qualifications, she frequently finds herself on the receiving end of perversion from students and staff alike. Yet she always tries to be the best she can be for her young students.
- 100% Adoration Rating: Good luck finding a single person who doesn't like her. Although this does tend to work against her as it attracts many unwanted suitors.
- The Ace: Machiko is not just a teacher. She can act, dance, sing, fight, swim, pick up any random skill on a dime and is otherwise perfect aside from her inability to keep dressed.
- Action Girl: Machiko is a martial artist who can beat down packs of dogs, and several men larger than herself at once.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Machiko was blonde in the original manga. In the anime, she's a brunette. This has become Ret-Canon, as the Manga's original creator drew her this way for a collaboration with a Mobage game.
- Adaptation Personality Change: In the original Manga, Machiko was none too happy with her students' rowdy behavior, to the point where she would (quite justifiably) fly into rages and beat the stuffings out of them - especially Kenta. By contrast, in the anime adaptation, she makes it explicitly clear that she doesn't at all mind "hanky-panky pranks and rowdy behavior".note In the third episode, when she ends up with an unintentional case of Absolute Cleavage on the school's internal communications TV, she responds with a cute smile and a pose, like it's no big thing.
- Bathing Beauty: Machiko enjoys it when she takes a shower. So do the other characters.
- Bathtub Bonding: She did it with Mr. Yamagata's elderly mother in one episode. Somehow she still ended up getting touched in a way she didn't want to.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She can throw down when she needs to.
- One example being when she saves her uncle from a guest that was taking a friendly duel too far.
- Special mention goes to the final episode, where in response to a particularly cruel and mean-spirited prank Kenta played on a new student, Miss Machiko delivered a devastating slap that sent him flying nearly ten feet away.
- Brainy Brunette: She is a science teacher.
- Butt-Monkey: If you consider constantly being constantly sexually harassed and stripped by minors to be in line with this. Although she does partake in Slapstick every once in a while.
- Buxom Is Better: She is specifically noted as having large and attractive breasts.
- Catchphrase: "I give up! / shame!". And it comes with a cute pose.
- The Chew Toy: Since most of her misfortunes are played for Fanservice, she counts.
- Dude Magnet: Gains the affection of over five one shot characters, and her students and fellow teachers are constantly competing for her heart.
- Clothing Damage: This happens to her a lot. Depending on which would be funnier at the time, her clothes range from being durable enough to be physically suspended from, to being torn like rice paper by her own movement.
- Cosmic Plaything: The universe itself must like seeing her out of her clothes, because she will end up nude by random happenstance if no one else gets to her first. This can range from her skirt getting torn off by a tree branch to being intentionally molested by various wildlife.
- Ditzy Genius: Miss Machiko has shades of this.
- She doesn't always catch on that some characters want her. And while they usually catch her off guard, Miss Machiko can't always see what's obviously a ploy for Kenta to get in a touch.
- Miss Machiko can even behave in a clueless manner when involving non pervy stuff. She can be easily distracted by someone telling her there's a UFO in another direction. And one time she almost left the house wearing nothing but a towel.
- The Dog Bites Back: Machiko will occasionally try and stick it back to those naughty kids.
- Episode 73 has Machiko set Kenta up to be spanked in front of an audience of people.
- Girly Bruiser: She has knocked out men much larger than her with standard effort.
- Girly Girl with a Tomboy Streak: She loves and participates in all kinds of sports, knows martial arts, and generally keeps herself extremely fit. She also has no problem at all appearing in extremely feminine outfits or generally acting in traditionally feminine roles.
- Going Commando: She always wears panties, but she only ever wears a bra half of the time.
- Guile Hero: She's not above using trickery to solve a problem. Such as when she gives a mad scientist a supposed youth potion that is actually a bottle of soda. Then there's how she deals with Kenta.
- Hartman Hips: She has large ones. Kenta claims that she sways them back and fourth when she walks.
- Instant Expert: She picked up skateboarding quickly after falling once.
- It's All My Fault: She blames herself more often then not when her students misbehave.
- Ms. Fanservice: This woman can probably check off over 90% of the fanservice tropes on this site. And she isn't even trying to.
- Hot Teacher: Everyone is attracted to her at least a little bit, which is why no one stops her students' pranks. That, and the very universe conspires to have her denuded, so any such efforts would be futile.
- Lust Object: She tends to be this for every single man in the franchise.
- Modesty Towel: Although they fall off nine out of ten times she wears one.
- Naked Freak-Out: Whenever Miss Machiko is stripped bare in public, this is her reaction.
- Naked People Are Funny: With the ludicrous methods in which she loses her clothing, it's hard for it not to be.
- Nice Girl: Absolutely. She never holds a grudge against anyone who wrongs her, and always tries to see the best in people.
- Oblivious to Love: Miss Machiko doesn't always catch on that some characters are in love with her.
- One of the Kids: Miss Machiko will often participate in activities and competitions set up for her students.
- One Woman Army: She repelled an entire pack of dogs single-handedly .
- Passionate Sports Girl: If you can name a sport, she can play it. If you can name one she can't play, she will learn it in minutes, and will be very good at it.
- Plucky Girl: Fits since she's also the Nice Girl.
- Red/Green Contrast: Red and green are the colors of Machiko's primary outfit, and Machiko herself is passionate and levelheaded.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: She constantly loses her clothing in the most blatantly ridiculous ways imaginable. She doesn't intend for any of this to happen - half of the people around her and the universe itself all want her disrobed.note
- Singing in the Shower: She likes to do this. She even does this in her theme song.
- Shower of Awkward: She's been walked in on while showering too many times to count.
- Skinny Dipping: She does this alongside Maruko in episode 94. And of course, Kenta takes advantage of the situation.
- Sympathy for the Devil: She is empathetic towards a depressed man who kidnapps her, and helps him get back on his feet.
- Toplessness from the Back: She tries to inflict this after Kenta asks her to take a nude photo for a contest. It didn't last.
- Wardrobe Malfunction: How could this not happen?
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Some characters, especially the Vice Principal believe Miss Machiko's idealistic beliefs get in the way of her properly disciplining her students. She insists Kenta and his friends are nice boys even though their other victims say otherwise.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She is absolutely terrified of cats.
- You're Cute When You're Angry: She is. The end credits song says so.
The Deuteragonist of the series, and the primary initiator of perversion against Miss Machiko. Although there may be some kindness within him underneath all that shamelessness.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: If he put half as much effort into his schoolwork as he does his plans to disrobe Miss Machiko, he might get higher than a zero on tests.
- Calling Your Attacks: Not an attack, but he usually shouts "Touch!" whenever he puts his hands on Miss Machiko.
- Catchphrase: Whenever one of his pranks works successfully, he and occasionally his other friends, and Machiko in some instances, will all say Daiseiko, which is roughly translated to great or huge success.
- Card-Carrying Jerkass: When Tenko accuses Kenta of touching her, Kenta states that if he did, he wouldn't try and hide it. He then proves these claims by using Miss Machiko as an example.
- Class Clown: He's the one causing mischief.
- Determinator: Nothing will stop this boy from sexually harassing Miss Machiko. Nothing.
- Dirty Kid: All of the boys fit this trope but particularly Kenta, who is often the ringleader of the boys and works out several plots to grope, disrobe, or otherwise act pervy to Miss Machiko (or his female classmates). While his comrades have some standards, Kenta lives just to sexually harass every cute female in the show with Machiko as primary objective. He's basically a young Ataru with Goku's voice.
- Easily Forgiven: Miss Machiko sees his attempts to humiliate her as a sign of affection, and only very rarely takes any punitive action against him. That said, even a Nice Girl like Machiko has a limit to what she will tolerate.
- Everyone Has Standards: Kenta draws the line at blackmail. He also doesn't physically abuse anyone for his own amusement unlike Genchiki.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Kenta very occasionally demonstrates that he has the potential to be a good boy. Such as when the vice principal was getting ready to transfer to a different school, and Kenta was the primary force trying to prevent it by behaving like a proper student.
- Karma Houdini
- Lovable Sex Maniac: He certainly fits the trope. If he finds a girl attractive, he'll definitely show it by molesting her in some way.
- Manipulative Bastard: He has a knack for playing people right into his hands. He's talked Miss Machiko into stripping for a nude photo, and he even tricked Mr. Kagoshima into lighting a cigarette to ignite an improvised bomb.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Kenta will feel regret for his actions when his pranks go too far. Most of the time anyway.
- Narcissist: He's pretty self obsessed.
- The Peeping Tom: Shamelessly so. Wherever you can find women disrobed, Kenta probably isn't very far away.
- Precocious Crush: Guess who it's on.
- Schemer: He is the creator of many elaborate plans, all for the sake of violating his poor teacher.
- Skinship Grope: He takes a bath with Miss Machiko in episode 68, and wastes no time putting his hands on her breasts as the chance came.
Kame / Tamao Kameyama
One of Kenta's two friends.
- Affectionate Nickname: He calls Kenta "boss".
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Kame doesn't have as much of a crush on Miss Machiko as Kenta does, and whenever he does have true affection for someone, he's much more restrained.
- Celeb Crush: He had one in episode 3.
- Hidden Depths: He can sow.
- The Lancer: He is Kenta's.
- Last-Name Basis: Also counts as Only Known by Their Nickname, as people refer to him by a shortened iteration of his last name.
- Marshmallow Hell: Machiko accidentally did this to him when she was flustered. He didn't mind.
- The Short Guy with Glasses: He's the shortest of Kenta's friends and indeed wears spectacles.
- Token Good Teammate: Downplayed. He's usually just as eager as Kenta to harass their teacher, though there was one time where he didn't want Kenta to return Madoka's lost item because he knew he would try and take advantage of the situation. And judging by their report cards, Kame get's higher grades than Kenta more often.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Kenta. He occasionally insults Kenta, and the two strike each other from time to time. But they always put their differences aside for the sake of humiliating Miss Machiko.
Kenta's other friend. He participates in Kenta's pranks less than Kame does. Though he has no objections.
- Big Eater: He can eat more than Maruko.
- The Big Guy: He is one of the Largest kids in the school, and episodes revolving around him involve more combative activities.
- Crossdresser: In one episode, Kinzo takes Miss Machiko's purse while she is in the shower to borrow her makeup. Although at the time, he was interested in a band who dressed the same way.
- Mistaken for Badass: When he supposedly fought of Genchiki and his biker gang off when it was really Madoka's Doing.
- Third Wheel: Non romantic version. Between him and Kame, Kinzo plays a role in Kenta's schemes less often.
- Verbal Tic: He says "You know?" after sentences.
One of the girls in Miss Machiko's class. Kenta appears to like her second to his teacher.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She gains a crush on a delinquent. Although she does want him to change.
- Anime Hair: The only character with a noticeable case of it. Her upturned hair is a stand out of her design.
- Damsel in Distress: She needed to be rescued from falling in "The Circus is Here", and was almost kidnapped by a gang of bikers in "Madoka's Prince".
- Humble Hero: When Madoka gained psychic powers for an episode, she used them to fend off a group of bullies, and let another well meaning student take the credit for it.
- Nice Girl: Madoka is friendly as long as she doesn't become rightfully agitated at the boy's pranks.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Downplayed. Several episodes imply that she's fond of tennis, and she's the girl who plays it with Machiko most often.
- Superpowers For A Day: Became psychic for an episode after encountering an alien spacecraft.
One of the girls in Miss Machiko's class. She has body image issues
- A-Cup Angst: Shown in episode 9.
- Callback: She mentions to the other girls how she touched Miss Machiko's boobs near the beginning of the series in the second to last episode.
- Eyes Always Closed: Usually. But when they aren't it's hard to tell anyway.
- Hypocrite: She's actually severely disappointed with the fact that an unknown Chikan doesn't grope her on the bus - he's always going for someone else instead because her bust is so small. When Kenta's extending grabber accidentally grasps her chest,note she smiles in relief... and then cries out as loud as she can.
- Nice Girl: She's the girl who expresses the most frustration with Kenta's pranks, but is a sweetheart nonetheless.
One of the girls in Miss Machiko's class. She has a crush on Hiroshi.
- Love Hurts: Hiroshi's disinterest in her affection takes a toll on her.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Hiroshi's intelligence seems to be the primary trait that attracts her.
- Nice Girl: Just like the others.
- Not So Above It All: Even she tried to touch Machiko's chest while in the shower.
- Puppy Love: With Hiroshi.
One of the girls in Miss Machiko's class. She has a crush on Kenta.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She has it for Kenta despite his pranking and perversion.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me??: A Running Gag is that she wants Kenta to harass her as she does the other girls, but he usually passes on her. Not every time though.
- Fan Disservice: In-universe, the boys don't find her attractive.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: All it takes is a comment against Maruko's weight to get her after you.
- Mood-Swinger: In episode 51, Maruko was relieved and brought to tears at first when she learned that Kenta only faked an illness so he could partner up with Miss Machiko instead of her. She then became angry and chased him across the field. After they won the relay race, she celebrated with Kenta, then went right back to chasing him.
- Nice Girl: She's quicker to anger than the other girls, but she's also quicker to forgive the boys or apologize to them if she messed up.
- No Indoor Voice: Hers is loud and raspy.
- Stout Strength: Despite her proportions, she's stronger than Kinzo, and can smash straight through track obstacles.
The smart kid of Machiko's class.
- Berserk Button: don't hinder him from learning. Or take away his book.
- Character Development: Starts the series as an antisocial bookworm, and ends the series as a much friendlier and open bookworm.
- Defrosting Ice King: See above in character development.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Builds a slew of inventions throughout the series.
- Grammar Nazi: Responds to Hiromi's Love Letter by grammar checking it then giving it back to her.
- Momma's Boy: As shown in episode 43, he loves his momma, and she loves him just as much.
- Nerd Glasses: He's got a nice pair.
- Nice Guy: After his Character Development, he's one of the nicest boys in the class.
- Not So Above It All: There are several episodes where Hiroshi takes part in Kenta's pranks. An early example being when Hiroshi made Miss Machiko a leotard that was designed to tear itself apart at the highest setting, then gave the remote to Kenta. When Machiko was inevitably stripped bare, Hiroshi shone a strobe light on her as she was begging him to stop, which left her open to get touched by Kenta. All of this took place in front of a large audience of people. Hiroshi doesn't pull his punches.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Averted. Hiroshi is one of the tallest boys in the class.
- Would Hit a Girl: Tenko felt his wrath after she made the mistake of taking his book during a Sumo wrestling tournament.
Mr. Yamagata / Kunio Yamagata
A 28 year old who teaches social studies at Arama Academy. He's a shorty and has a major crush on Miss Machiko.
- Bathtub Bonding: With Kenta when the two crashed into the woman's public bathouse to try and peek on the ladies.
- Beady-Eyed Loser: He lives in a single room apartment, drives a junky car, can never successfully move in on his Love Interest, gets no respect from his students or fellow teachers, and he does in fact have beady eyes.
- Blind Without 'Em: Can't see a foot in front of him without his glasses. And he mistakes normal people for aliens.
- Born Unlucky: Even when he's not being a horndog, something always keeps him from making his move on Machiko.
- Butt-Monkey: A more traditional one than Miss Meachiko. He usually brings it on himself though.
- Catchphrase: "Arglebargle!" Whenever he's enduring Slapstick.
- Clingy Jealous Guy: He loses his mind whenever he even thinks someone else is trying to woo Machiko.
- Cosmic Plaything: Even he knows it and claims to not mind anymore.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: His perverted nature and cowardice distracts from them, but Mr. Yamagata has accomplished several impressive feats.
- He rescued Madoka in one episode.
- Despite driving a junky car, he's an impressive driver and managed to outmaneuver a thief in a car chase he was suddenly thrown into.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Everybody stared at him oddly when he brought a bag full of disguises to their search to find Madoka. But he successfully used them to rescue her.
- Dream Sue: He daysdreams a lot about his supossed awesomeness. Usually making himself look like a fool.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: He's a social studies teacher who gets none.
- Hidden Depths: Despite how much of a loser he can be, Yamagata does have some unique traits and talents. He lived his earlier life on a farm and possesses knowledge of planting techniques, and he can ski like a pro. He even mangaged to out-ski Mr. Kagoshima.
- Hypocritical Humor: Yamagata will immediately contradict something he's just said if Miss Machiko doesn't agree.
- Large Ham: He does a lot of shouting, and often talks about his crazy fantasies out loud.
- Moment Killer: Every attempt by him to ask Miss Machiko out on a date or confess his love is thwarted. He's not surprised.
- Phrase Catcher: "Is he really a teacher?" Usually said by Maruko.
- The Peeping Tom: The majority of his perverted acts revolve around peeping.
- Plucky Comic Relief: The show always becomes more comedic in tone whenever he appears.
- The Short Guy with Glasses: His is indeed short, he does indeed wear glasses, and he's a teacher.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: He ends up dancing with Miss Machiko over Mr. Kagoshima in the final episode.
- Unwitting Pawn: His desperation for Machiko makes him very easy to manipulate.
The art teacher of Arama Academy. And one of the only male characters who doesn't express consistent infatuation with Miss Machiko.
A new teacher at Arama Academy introduced in episode 56. He grows interest in Miss Machiko and competes for her love with Mr. Yamagata.
- Bishōnen: He's tall with long hair with more light reflecting in his eyes.
- Catchphrase: "Tres Bien!" Also counts as Gratuitous French.
- Cool Car: A nice red one, in contrast to Mr. Yamagata's
- Foil: To Mr. Yamagata. Both are in love with Miss Machiko, but Yamagata is far more eccentric with his advances, always being clear with his intentions, while Kagoshima is more restrained and subtle. Both have the potential for perversion, but Kagoshima won't cross most lines that Yamagata would. And both are teachers, but Kagoshima is tall, economically secure and respected by his students, while Yamagata is short, lives in a single room apartment, and gets no respect from anyone, except Machiko.
- Expy: Of Mr. Fukuoka, the teacher he replaced.
- Graceful Loser: The best example being in the final episode. When the Vice Principle asks to dance with Mr. Kagoshima while he and Mr. Yamagata were competing to dance with Miss Machiko, he backs down allowing his rival to partner up with Miss Machiko, while he dances with Aichi.
- Hot Teacher: He is this for the girls, who have each expressed their attraction towards him.
- Nice Guy: The rudest thing he does is partake in some minor teasing towards Mr. Yamagata. But generally, he treats everyone around him with respect. He's also willing to admit to his faults when he makes an error in judgement, albeit clearly being upset.
- Not So Above It All: He has much more restraint than the other male characters, but even he has potential for perversion such as when he was desperate to see Machiko's stolen bra.
- The Rival: To Mr.Yamagata.
- Secret Room: He has one in his house where he keeps all of his cute girly Manga.
Arama Academy Faculty
The elderly principle of Arama Acadamy. For his position, he is quite laid back.
- Charlie Brown Baldness: There is one visible hair present on his scalp.
- Dirty Old Man: very Downplayed. At least compared to the rest of the male cast. He's clearly infatuated with Miss Machiko, but unlike most of the male cast, he doesn't go out of his way to feel her up. His biggest offenders are shown in the Intro.
- Mellow Fellow: He's one of the nicer males in the cast and is usually accepting of Miss Machiko's unorthodox methods of solving problems.
- Miniature Senior Citizen: He's the smallest member of the cast, and one of the oldest.
- Nice Guy: He's polite to everyone and leisurely. Although he will put his foot down from time to time.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: A little too reasonable at times.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: The tiny to the Vice's huge. Well, she looks huge compared to him.
The... vice principle of Arama Academy. She's more strict than the principal and tries her best to maintain order.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Does this whenever she's talking about standards.
- Butt-Monkey: Between passing out frequently and never being listened to, the Vice Principle definitely counts. Though she's nowhere close to the same level as Machiko or Yamagata.
- Catchphrase: "Oh, the vertigo..." followed by her passing out.
- Everyone Calls Her Barkeep: She's only referred to as "Aichi" once or twice in the entire series.
- Genre Savvy: She's one of the few characters who actually seems aware of Machiko's tendency to magically lose her clothing. It get's to the point where she almost stops freaking out about Machiko's inevitable moments of indecency. At one point, she quite nonchalantly informs her that her top has fallen open."Miss Machiko. You'll catch cold."
- Only Sane Woman: One of the only characters who contests the ridiculousness of the show's common plots. Though no one usually listens to her. Not even the principal.
- Stern Principal: She claims she's strict because she's passionate about teaching.
- With a Foot on the Bus: She was at her limit and ready to leave Arama Academy in episode 81. But thanks to Machiko and Kenta, she chose to stay.
Machiko's aunt and uncle
Two elderly relatives who Miss Machiko is lives with while working at Arama.
- Berserk Button: Don't mess with their niece. They both started swinging spears at Kenta and his friends when the two caught them taking advantage of Machiko in a vulnerable state.
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: They have called their niece out on her more unorthodox behavior, such as when she was about to leave the house wearing nothing but a towel. Machiko's aunt in particular is surprised she can even be a teacher.
- Grumpy Old Man: Machiko's uncle.
- Happily Married: They appear to be.
The leader of a gang of bike-riding hooligans. He regularly harasses students at Arama Academy.
- The Bully: He's the closest thing the show has to an antagonist.
- HeelFace Turn: In episode 65 after he bonds with Maruko. He never causes trouble for Arama again.
- Japanese Delinquent: He's got the clothes, the bike, and the hair all downpat.
- Laser-Guided Karma: He's often the victim of this. Especially in episode 11.
- Villainous Crush: He appears to have had one on Madoka, as she's the first girl he and his gang went after, and he tried to force her to go on a date with him.
- Comedic Spanking: She gives them to Kenta whenever she catches him being a naughty boy
- The Dreaded: She can be this for Kenta at times. She's the only person he won't cross a line with.
- Good Parents: She only punishes Kenta when he deserves it, and she's shown to love him and wants to spend time with him.
A doctor who works near Arama Academy.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: Like the principal, he's old and short.
An employee at a ramen shop Machiko and her schoolmates occasionally visit.