This is a list of all the characters featured in Danganronpa 4: A New Hope, the first round of Mirai Yume Academy. Note that this is limited to characters whose creators explicitly allowed them to be on this page, and is by no means a comprehensive list.
Ultimate Gamer Ultimate CopycatScarlet
Ultimate TraceurA shining hero, invincible against all kinds of danger! Zoro is the poster-child of bravery and toughness, vowing to protect everyone! He's always happy, always strong, and always 100% heterosexual! Don't mind his horrified screams, suppressed panics, and flirts with guys - that doesn't exist! Nor does Zoro's abusive and toxic home life - he's fine! Nothing can take Zoro Ryuko down!
- Absurd Phobia: Two of them. Eggs and spoons, both of which serving as callbacks to previous incarnations of this character.
- Abusive Parents: Regularly beat Zoro throughout the years, to the point where he's covered with scars under his clothes.
- Alcoholic Parent
- Antagonistic Offspring: for good reason.
- Armoured Closet Gay: Practically punctuates every sentence towards another male with "no homo". He is very vocal about not being gay and not wanting to appear as such.
- Artistic License Gun Safety: If Zoro were to ever get his hands on a gun, God help anyone within a 50 mile radius.
- Blatant Lies: A very bad liar.
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce: His favorite drink!
- Brainless Beauty: A true himbo.
- Break the Badass
- Calling the Old Man Out: One particular event in his backstory. It doesn't end well, to say the least.
- Close to Home: Has trauma-based issues with several rooms and locations he runs into in his various depictions - universally speaking, school settings, hospitals, bedrooms, and kitchens.
- He also tends to get caught up in himself and only get pulled out by the trauma response to what he's saying, often when threatening physical violence on another.
- Closet Punishment: Locked in his bedroom for hours up to days at a time.
- Curtains Match the Window: Red hair and eyes.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Abusive parents and an arguably toxic friend group.
- Denied Food as Punishment: Him and Saki wouldn't get enough food while locked up to go around, and Zoro would often be the one to go hungry.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Often when confronted with his unintentionally-homophobic comments.
- Dumb Jock
- Dumb Muscle
- Emancipated Child: In the killing game he could be considered this, but it's even more true after it ends.
- Emotion Suppression: Refuses to acknowledge his fears.
- Fearless Fool
- Genre Blindness: Is surprised when people start getting murdered, in a murder mystery setting, within a [[Deadly Game murder game.
- Good Is Dumb
- Internalized Categorism: His homophobia and transphobia stem from his friends and family convincing him such things are bad.
- Lethally Stupid: People often ask him how he hasn't gotten himself or anyone else killed yet.
- Manchild: The spitting image of an immature, idiotic, yet sweet and charming guy.
- A Mistake Is Born
- Never Learned to Read
- Screams Like a Little Girl: It's sort of a tradition that in every rendition of Zoro's character, he "screams like a pussy" at the sight of the first body.
- Selective Obliviousness: In denial about everything even tangentially related to his Dark and Troubled Past.
- Shed the Family Name: In any story where he lives long enough to get married, he takes the other person's name.
- The So-Called Coward: Determined to prove he isn't this.
- Strict Parents Make Sneaky Kids: His talent is parkour, for fuck's sake.
- They're Called "Personal Issues" for a Reason: Refuses to let himself be vulnerable in this way, thinking it'll make him weak.
- Transparent Closet: So adamant about supposedly not being gay that people tend to question his sexuality because of it.
- Tsundere: Towards men only.
- Why Did You Make Me Hit You?: Often blamed for "causing" his parents to abuse him.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Scarlet red.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Firetruck red.
Ultimate UlzzangEsteemed guests, I would like to introduce to you the stunning, the gorgeous, the out-of-this-world beauty Otsune Sterling! At least, thats what shed like me to say. While its true that her looks are angelic, shes also quite the human disaster, adopting human lungs and doing terrible space karaoke in her free time, with a sugar obsession to boot. She boasts 2.4 million Instagram and 351,000 Twitter followers, where she posts photos of herself, with an extra 510,000 on Youtube, where she occasionally uploads short vlogs and makeup tutorials. Alternatively called the Ultimate Instagram Model, or by the name Sunny Sterling.
- Apologetic Attacker: Kills former best friend Iori Sakuraba for her own escape, but feels the sting of regret immediately afterwards, apologizing as he slips away.
- Aggressive Categorism: Standoffish towards other girls at first, viewing them as competition before getting to know them. This is largely due in part to her belief in I Am Not Pretty.
- Bleed 'em and Weep: Sobs in front of Ioris corpse. Related to Apologetic Attacker.
- Brainless Beauty: While decently adept in social matters, shes failing all her classes, and feels terrible about it.
- Death by Disfigurement: Beauty and dignity destroyed, Otsune dies utterly humiliated in front of a crowd in a theatrical execution.
- Elevator Action Sequence: Commits murder during a very unpleasant elevator ride.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Dons a sparkly little black dress and gold hoop earrings on most occasions.
- Fashion Model: Shes only an Instagram model, but she definitely gets paid to wear clothes and look good via sponsorships.
- Fun Size: 410.5 (148.5 cm), and absolutely adorable.
- Hair Decorations: A black bow for her high ponytail.
- Hollywood Thin: Weighs less than ninety pounds, and finds herself in the Instagram spotlight.
- I Am Not Pretty: Despite being a popular Instagram model with the face and body to show for it, she is terribly insecure about her looks and personality, and seeks validation through social media and telling others how lovely she is (hoping it will convince both them and herself).
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: She craves attention to confirm that she is, indeed, worth something.
- Ironic Fear: Terrified of dolls while looking like one.
- Last Request: If Zoro dies, shell kill him.
- Little Black Dress: Its little, its black, and boy, does it ever sparkle.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Although her hair remains up in a ponytail most of the time, it falls past her elbows, and shes most certainly stereotypically feminine.
- Minor Living Alone: Ran away from home at sixteen and lives in a small apartment, supporting herself with that sweet sweet sponsorship moola.
- Missing Mom: Left her with her father shortly after birth.
- One Head Taller: Zoro is 510, and shes only 410.5.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: An outgoing pink-haired girl that serves as a love interest on many occasions (in this particular instance, to Zoro Ryuko). However, shes not always so sweet, being prone to getting into arguments and swearing like a sailor.
- Shovel Strike: Kills Iori Sakuraba by repeatedly bashing him with a shovel.
- Sympathetic Murderer: The surviving cast is torn. She was a friend, but a friend that killed another.
- Sweet Tooth: Hopelessly addicted to sugar. She doesnt eat a whole lot, but youd best believe nearly everything she does is full of the stuff.
- Take My Hand: Clings to Zoro before being dragged to her death.
- The Napoleon: Tiny and easily provoked. Has cursed out Hoshiko Tachibana on numerous occasions.
- Tsundere: She loves him, but shes way too embarrassed to say it. What does that mean? Time to fall back on obviously false irritation! W-Were just friends, you idiot!
- This also applies to her behaviour in generalfrequently acting irritable and stuck-up, concealing a heart of gold.
- Weight Woe: Eats little, thinking she can always be skinnier.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Her father is obsessed with work and money, rarely being home, and, while she was living with him, exploited her through the entertainment and modelling industries for cash.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Bright pink. Entirely natural.
- Your Makeup Is Running: Tsuns arms and cheeks are no strangers to runaway mascara during cry-fests, and Zoro must have more than a few ruined jackets by now.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Lilac purple.