Considering the Loads And Loads Of Characters in Mimosa Crossroads, they will be divided up into folders based on prominence and by shard.
Pokemon on Hand: Mimikyu, Rotom, Shuppet, DusknoirAsh Bell is a girl claims to be a magical superweapon that's have traveled back from magic space future to bum around and eat sweets. Though on the surface she seems to simply enjoy messing with people she has an intellectual and philosophical streak underneath that. Her true reason for traveling back in time is unknown, even to her but she's been quick to act in the background to start gathering up more power.
- Animal Motif: While not a beastman she still has a cat-like quality to her.
- Anti Hero: Enjoys messing with people, tricked Mort into walking through a portal to an Elemental Plane of Water and abandoned him there for an involuntary vacation and judging from her attack on a Myrmidon nest in an Elemental Plane of Earth she's almost psychotic in battle.
- Awesome But Impractical: Her most powerful spell is basically a magical kill sat but takes long enough to fire that it's useless against anything but a stationary target.
- Badass Longcoat: Has a collection of these in a variety of styles ranging from a cat-eared hoodie to something described as the unholy love child between a duster and a mage's robe.
- Berserk Button: She's not a fan of those that treat beliefs lightly, whether the beliefs they choose for themselves or the beliefs of others. Due to coming from the future she also doesn't like Locke and thinks Mako is annoying.
- Called Leck a jerk when Leck, a king, tried throwing a tomato at someone at open mic night in the Mimosa before they even had a chance to sing. Her impression of him worsened after that when he confronted her for not even tossing a tomato but for showing up to watch the duel between Shanti and Candela despite there being plenty of other spectators.
- Was annoyed at Nora immediately pumping her for information on the future despite the princess being perfectly civil to others from all sorts of walks of life and shards. Though she may have misinterpreted Nora's intentions.
- Beware The Silly Ones: Spends most of her time either drifting through life utterly relaxed, messing with people or gushing about magic but when she fights she's utterly ruthless.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: She still knows the magic she used in the future but can't use her more powerful abilities without causing damage to herself.
- Dark And Troubled Past: Suspects that this is the case since she was willing to travel back in time despite the price, but as part of the price she can't possibly know what it is.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu: Currently limited to just royalty, but being willing to do this forms part of her philosophy.
- Dodge The Bullet: Capable of this when in white magic mode or via using lightning magic.
- Elemental Punch: Prefers to turn her wand into a sword, but is capable of this with various types of magic.
- Fatal Flaw: Messes with people or acts psychotic to hide her true nature and feelings.
- Flash Step: Uses lightning magic for this in her default mode, short range teleportation in black magic mode and short bursts of speed in white magic mode.
- Instant Armor: When she flares her magic it creates this though any defensive properties come from the magic, not the armor.
- Lightning Bruiser: Becomes this in white magic mode.
- Official Couple: With Zenith, the Dawn Queen.
- One Man Army: Lessened compared to how she was in the future, but as expected from a self-described magical weapon of mass destruction she can cut through nameless mooks with ease.
- Person Of Mass Destruction: Claims to be this but hasn't been shown on screen yet.
- Spider Sense: While she can't use it in combat since traveling back in time unless in Black Mode Ash can use her ability to draw mana from the world around her to sense it as well.
- Stock Light Novel Hero: While not ordinary highschool student, stoic, likely to get a harem or male she fits the power acquisition part of the trope.
- Super Mode: Can access various modes that focus on a particular color of magic.
- Black Mode focuses on drawing power from and manipulating the environment. She has limited mobility in this mode except for short range teleportation but can fire off powerful blasts of magic and Ao E attacks.
- White Mode focuses on purifying and strengthening Ash's internal magic. It provides a boost to physical abilities and can be channeled to increase heal or break supernatural effects.
- To Be A Master: One of her major goals is to master as many forms of magic as she can.
- Tyke Bomb: She was learning how to throw a punch and playing around with magic when other kids were still playing tag or with dollies, though in an aversion this was due to her parents viewing it as useful and healthy skills to possess.
CandelaA 'hero' living in the Capital, belonging to C.P.R.O, Candela uses light-based powers, sass, and morals to muddle her way through her unusual life.
- Action Girl: In her line of work, as well as due to the friends she chooses, Candela has an extensive history of fights with superpowered baddies.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has a fondness for sass. Especially during dramatic action, jaded from years of experience.
- Frickin Laser Beams: The simplest application of her ability to control light. Essentially a brute force ability, and it's very draining for her.
- Half Human Hybrid: Candela is, technically, the resulting offspring of a spirit and a human.
- Im Not A Hero Im: Contempt for herself/low self-confidence leave her quick to correct people who call her a 'hero'.
- Light Em Up: She possesses the ability to guide the path of light in her immediate environment. Most of her abilities come from applying this in some way.
- Only Known By Her Nickname: Her real name is 'Sylvia', but most people call her Candela. Exceptions for family, Mort and Mairi. When brought up, Candela seemed indifferent, because 'Sylvia' makes her sound old.
- Power At A Price: Over-using her abilities can leave her anemic, sometimes causing her to faint. A unique circumstance once led to another person overusing her powers, further leading to Cast From Sanity.
- The Cutie: At least in Honora's eyes, though many others see her as cute.
KorrinAn angel born originally born in a lab, Korrin has a habit of attracting trouble, especially from other angels.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Can summon a 'lightglass' sword at will, capable of slicing through steel.
- Ambiguously Brown: Born from a lab through dubious means, it's not particularly clear what Korrin's race is, or if she really has one. 'Ambiguously Brown' is the closest you're going to get.
- Ambiguous Gender: A high-pitched voice and diminutive stature makes many think of them as female, but Korrin thinks of themselves as nonbinary, and often questions exactly what they should be doing based on people's expectations.
- Holy Backlight: Part of being an angel, usually manifesting when using powers.
- Our Angels Are Different: Had wings and a holy aura, just like her fellow angels, but being born in a lab as opposed to created in Heaven brings about some problems. Having since lost the wings since their return likely hasn't helped their case.
- Punch Packing Pistol: Korrin's summoned pistol was formerly property of Archangel Uriel, so it deals surprising damage for its size, especially against enemies weak to holy energy.
- Super Drowning Skills: Very nearly drowned in a bathtub when left unattended.
- Tele Portation: Cannot teleport a great distance, and it takes a lot out of them.
Steven "Leck" DellersonOriginally just an NPC from Digi-Rust, Leck is an albino gun-slinger with a penchant for causing chaos and saving days.
Pokemon on Hand: Garchomp, Shiny Sableye
- Anti Hero: Violent and a troll, but still firmly on the side of the good guys and willing to take the lead against the villain of the week if he decides that it's personal.
- Berserk Button: If any of Leck's True Companions are harmed, he will wreak bloody vengeance. He also hates people stealing his credit, and calling swirly straws anything but swirly straws.
- Blood Knight: Enjoys a good fight, often operating on a 'Shoot First, Ask Questions Later' mindset.
- Competition Freak: Is very competitive, nearly burning out his legs to win a race with Nightblade.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Gold: He can be rude, foul-mouthed, and arrogant at times, but ultimately he cares a lot about his friends.
- Ki Manipulation: Is learning how to do this via specifically qi. Not very good at it at yet.
- Mysterious Past: There have been some interesting revelations through his dreams about some connection to Tanyun, a country that was wiped off the map at some point in the past.
- Older Than They Look: Looks 16. He's actually in his late twenties.
- Playing With Fire: Ate the Egg of Dragon's Fire during the Urrdukstan arc. In particular, Leck is playing with chemical fire.
- Rags To Royalty: From bartender NPC to King of Hibernia, Leck has come a long way from where he started.
- To be more specific, Leck went from nothing to royalty. When he first entered the Crossroads, he was stark naked and had to rely on chump quests for money. But now he's sitting pretty as the king of two countries and the leader of a popular mercenary organization. Suffice to say, lack of money is not an issue to him anymore.
- Resurrective Immortality: When he dies, Leck will simply respawn nearby.
- The Bartender: Was this in Digi-Rust.
- The High King: Has become this to Hiberna.
- Trigger Happy: When all you have are several high-ordinance hammers, one of which being the God Gun, everything starts to look like nails.
Princess Honora von FyrherteThe Princess and second in line to the throne of Fyrherte. She is a mage under the Deep Spirit Slime Frog, and also a huge romantic.
- A Cup Angst: Downplayed. She wishes she had a more generous bust, but is otherwise confident in her looks. She's considered to be a rather beautiful woman in-universe despite her modest chest.
- Action Girl
- Amazonian Beauty: Has noticeable abs and thigh musculature due to essentially being part of her country's military and having to meet the physical requirements. However, she still has been noted to be considered cute by other characters.
- Animal Motifs: Frogs as a natural result of getting her magic from the Slime Frog.
- Badass Family: Though not seen as much on screen, all the von Fyrhertes seen are capable of badassery.
- Berserk Button:
- People who want to tarnish her country's name or destroy it.
- Other women making advances on Mort.
- People hounding her while she's going to the bathroom. She literally cannot go if people are pestering her.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Can come across like this when in shipping mode or when worried about how others will see her.
- Contralto Of Danger: Is often noted as having a low voice. Sometimes, she gets teased for this.
- Hartman Hips: Has an overall pear-shaped body type.
- Heartbroken Badass: Has become this after her boyfriend fell into the Gears of the World and presumably died.
- Heroic BSOD: Has a particularly bad one after Mort dies. She begins to look a little unkempt, shows a lack of enthusiasm towards things she once was excited about, and begins questioning her own worth and values. It reaches a particularly bad point when she hallucinates the mascot on a beer bottle encouraging her to turn to alcohol to help make her feel better.
- Implacable Woman: All but becomes this if angered or provoked enough. We don't fully know the circumstances around it yet, but it's implied it might have something to do with the Tree of Magic, one of the highest powers in her Shard.
- Naughty By Night: Princess Honora is a kind and respected princess in public who is a skilled mage and boosted Fyrherte's tourism board on the side, but has a shipping chart (claiming to be an 'Admiral of Ships'), will blush when someone says something that can be taken the wrong way, and acts rather lustful towards her boyfriend Mort. Nora on the streets, naughty in the sheets.
- Official Couple: With Mort until Mort's death. Currently, with Amber.
- Parental Substitute: To Locke, a child that found his way out of one of Leck's dreams and became rather attached to her. Even though she is more or less Locke's legal guardian, she and Locke have settled on him calling her 'Auntie'.
- Politically Active Princess: Though much diplomacy is often done by her parents or whichever Fyrherti diplomat happens to be available, Nora herself has had to advocate for her country's interests from time to time and even host foreign officials at her home.
- Power Perversion Potential: When playing in a game show in which she lost a challenge and had to ingest a truth serum as a punishment, Honora revealed that she sometimes uses her Slime Magic for pleasure.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: This Princess is a romantic, kinda silly, and a hostess for diplomats. She's also foiled a terrorist plot, fought in a brutal war where her mentor and grandfather both died, and helped defeat a magically powerful invasion force from another shard that filled her nation's water supply with a mind poison.
- Red Baron: Known to some as the Green Witch.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Took part in the fighting against magical supremacists, a full on war and against the guy who became a god using power stolen from the Deep Spirit who normally provides her own magic.
- Shes Got Legs: Has muscular thighs due to physical training.
- Storyboard Body: Nora has sleeve tattoos going up both arms toward her collarbone. On her right arm are designs resembling the markings on her patron spirit Slime Frog; on her left arm is a menagerie of bear claw- like patterns due to the Drought Bear giving her the ability to use his Dehydrate spell.
- The Teetotaler: Notably refuses to drink alcohol, citing her family's tendency to enjoy alcohol a little too much. Her meltdown where she displays the temptation to drink is used to show how much Mort's death has affected her.
- Trademark Favorite Food: A brand of candied nuts from her shard, as well as pumpkin spice flavored anything. More recently, she has revealed that she enjoys croquette sandwiches.
"The Fool"A cherub who takes the form of an Androgyne Humanoid with grey skin and white hair. After Mort fell through The Gears of The World, they wandered through the Abyss, their body and mind slowly deteriorating. After defeating four representations of their Fatal Flaws, they emerged from the abyss with no memories, powers or even a substantial body. The only thing they had were four items; a sword, coin, wand, and cup, and the name Azoth. After their body returned and they were 'cleansed' of the abyss, Azoth set out on another journey of self-discovery.
- Animal Motifs: Like their previous self, they are associated with dragons and serpents. When in Beastman form, they take the appearance of a rabbit-girl just like Mary, one of their past selves.
- Ambiguous Gender: It's unclear whether they're male, female, both, or neither, mainly due to being a Cherub in a seemingly human body. They don't correct anyone when they assign pronouns to them and tend to avoid answering any questions on the subject whenever asked. They've also dressed in both masculine and feminine clothing on occasion, but tend to prefer a long hooded coat that conceals their features.
- Ambiguous Situation: Are they Mort reincarnated? The first Azoth returned to life, having taken over their body? A combination of the two? It's not really clear, and if Azoth knows, they don't seem interested in sharing.
- Blood Knight: Loves challenging people to spars as a way to get to know them.
- The Collector: Tends to take a memento from anyone he fights and defeats, usually a weapon or an article of clothing.
- Dance Battler: Fights with fluid and graceful motions, often flipping, and spinning. When particularly into a fight they'll even start to sing.
- Duality Motif: Carrying over from their previous self. Their powers usually manifest as black and white spheres or pixelation, and they dress almost exclusively in black, white, or grey.
- Empathic Shapeshifter: Their body is affected by the 'cognition' of those around them. The more powerful or widespread the cognition, or the more focus put on them, the more powerful the effect. It takes active willpower for them to keep their standard form, and they obscure their appearance to make things easier.
- Flash Step: One of the powers given by The Coin
- Fusion Dance: Can merge any two things into one so long as their black orb enters the first object and their white orb enters the other. They're learning to apply this ability more creatively, such as by causing walls to slam into each other, or imbuing objects with different qualities. They also have the power to split things apart, whether they were previously fused or not.
- Healing Potion: The black liquid that flows from The Cup functions like this, healing wounds and rejuvenating energy...if only it wasn't so bitter.
- Healing Shiv: When The Cup is in Gun form it can function as this
- Humanoid Abomination: Isn't a human or a Troll. Arguably they aren't even a cherub anymore. They're the resulting personality of a cherub who absorbed traits from twenty other beings by bonding with their souls. They can absorb or reincarnate people, change their form, fuse things together or split them apart, and move through time. It's not clear whether they're actually good or evil or if they can even interpret the same way humans do.
- Meaningful Name: Named for the Universal Solvent in alchemy, the agent of transformation, and the representation of cancellations and opposites becoming one.
- Mental World: Can create and enter their own and other peoples by "tapping into their essence"
- Morph Weapon: Their four weapons each have alternate forms:
- The Sword, Sy Zygy, can become A Fountain pen, or a black one-handed executioners sword
- The Coin(Pentacle), Albedo can become a shield or replicate itself whenever struck
- The Wand, Thaumaturge, can become a Journal, a magic wand, or a full staff
- The Cup, Grail, can become an inkwell, a goblet, or a gun
- One Steve Limit: Azoth was the name the Cherub who ended up becoming Mort. Time will tell if this Azoth is their next iteration, or the same being now in control once again.
- Shock And Awe: Their most common spell is black-and-white bolts of lightning fired from their wand.
- Shout Out: Is chock full of them. For instance, the odd instrument they carry is a reference toGitaroo-Man.
- Tarot Motifs: Represents The Fool, like their previous incarnation, specifically creativity, madness, infinite potential, and new beginnings. Their four weapons are also based off the Minor Arcana, a Sword, Pentacle, Cup, and Wand.
- Time Master: Can move through space and time as long as they have their four trinkets. it's possible they have other time abilities too, but they've yet to be seen.
- Wandering Minstrel: Tends to stroll from place to place-or even through space and time- singing and playing music all the way. When particularly excited they tend to sing or recite poems
- Warrior Poet: Is given to composing poetry and singing in mid-battle. Azoth claims that fighting, dancing, and singing are all just different ways of "expressing your truest self."
King Gustav von FyrherteThe King of Fyrherte and Honora and Valor's father. Has a Witchsilver (anti-magic)sword that may have been given to him by the Tree of Magic itself. Enjoys terrible puns, cigars, and sailing.
- Action Dad: To Princess Honora and Prince Valor.
- Big Screwed Up Family: Grew up with this, hence why he tried his best to give his children a normal and loving family life despite his and his wife's eccentricities. His parents were rather distant with him, and when they were assassinated when he was a child his other relatives tried to swoop in and take as much power from him as they could. As he grew older, he realized what was going on and brought quite a few of his corrupt relatives to justice.
- Decadent Court: Purged one from his realm in his youth, made up of corrupt family members and clan chiefs. His current crowd mostly avoids this.
- Happily Married: To Queen Margaret.
- Pungeon Master: Dispenses terrible puns like they're going out of fashion.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Considered this by many of his people.
- The Good King: Tries to be this, and is generally rather successful at cultivating this image. The Anbruch Group would beg to differ, though.
- Ugly Guy Hot Wife: Is considerably more rugged in his appearance than Queen Margaret. His hairline is receding and he has more than a few scars, as well as a bit of a gut. He's also described as being very hairy and with a busted-in nose.
- Warrior Prince: Was this before he became king. Some of his estranged family members and others trying to take his crown tried to do so with military force. He delivered a brutal curbstomp to them.
Queen Margaret von FyrherteThe Queen of Fyrherte and Nora and Valor's mother. Is a mage under the Geode Wolf, and before Fyrherte's magical academy sprouted up she was responsible for training a lot of the mages in her direct vicinity. Originally, Nora didn't get along very well with her, but their relationship seems to have mellowed out. Likes tiaras, getting her portrait done, and cheap beer.
- Action Mom: To Princess Honora and Prince Valor.
- Anticlimactic Parent: Nora started out whining about her a lot, but it turned out that Nora's complaints about her mother were due to Margaret being afraid for her as she learned magic and also fearing her daughter growing up and spending less time with her.
- The Alcoholic: Seems to have an appetite for booze, and Nora got upset with her once because she decided to go to a wine-testing and leave a diplomatic visit to Nora instead.
- Empty Nest: Feels sad that Nora has moved out of the palace, and wishes she'd visit more.
- Happily Married: To King Gustav.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Apparently started drinking at age ELEVEN, and helped her father, a doctor as well as a noble, amputate limbs from gangrene patients and injury victims. She looks back on this fondly. Almost every time a new detail regarding her childhood is brought up, the implications of it get steadily (and humorously) worse.
- Hot Consort: To King Gustav.
- Lady Drunk: See above.
- Really Gets Around: Implied to have been like this before she met Gustav.
- Silver Vixen: Is an older woman (Late Forties), who has aged rather gracefully according to remarks in-universe.
Prince Valor von FyrherteThe Prince and heir to Fyrherte's throne. Despite his height and musculature, his talents in marksmanship and organization, as well as his bad luck, often have him come across as a nerd or even a loser.
- Brother Sister Team: Sometimes forms this with Nora.
- Butt Monkey: Has bad luck/is put into unfortunate situations rather frequently, and is relentlessly mocked by certain people in the Crossroads, particularly Leck.
- Friendly Sniper: Averts the Cold Sniper trope hard and is generally quite approachable and nice. Sometimes he can be a little too nice.
- Genius Bruiser: Has done rather well academically but is also tall and imposing.
- Insatiable Newlyweds: Outright stated to be this way (but obviously not explicitly described)once he marries Kara.
- Hidden Depths: He apparently has the skills to run a relatively successful meadery.
- Lets Wait A While: Had this inflicted upon him by Kara. This frustrated him quite a bit, but then he realized that it meant she truly wanted to be with him forever and he got better.
- My Sister Is Off Limits: Acted this way when Mort invited Nora to his place for a week together with just the two of them. Valor (correctly)deduced that they intended to fool around a bit, and his approval of Nora and Mort being together took a nosedive. He's gotten better.
- Nerd Action Hero: Has some rather nerdy interests, like math (particularly angles) and shares an interest in organization with his sister, but still kicks ass.
- No Respect Guy: For an heir to a royal throne, he sure can get a lot of (usually good-natured) jokes made about him. Combine that with his typical Butt Monkey role and it becomes clear that Valor is one of these. Amusingly, he has quoted Rodney Dangerfield's infamous line a few times when things have particularly rained on his parade.
- Muggle Mage Romance: Is the Muggle to Kara's Mage. He has no magic powers as of now.
- Warrior Prince: Is a Prince and a very good shot with his rifle.
Eirwen LavenderA former member of the Neo Witch-Lords, Eirwen was eventually redeemed and became one of Honora's best friends in-shard. Is a rather sturdy, imposing, and shaggy-haired young woman, but has a good heart. She is a mage under Cloud Drinker, but also works running the lighthouse she lives in and now as a teacher of Magical Theory at Fyrherte's magic academy.
- Action Girl: Being a STRONG girl, Eirwen is, of course, this, alongside the powers granted to her by the Cloud Drinker.
- Animal Motifs: In a rare case of not being compared to the animal that her Deep Spirit is based off of (a heron), she frequently gets compared to a gorilla. She's compared HERSELF to a gorilla, and not in an unflattering way.
- Badass Teacher: So very much.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Is tall, imposing, voluptuous, and often compared to very big and strong animals like gorillas, but is definitely not seen as unattractive in-universe.
- Cool Teacher: Has become this since taking up a job at the magic academy.
- Dye Hard: Eirwen has naturally black hair, but has kept it fluffed up and dyed blonde for so long people were actually shocked when she revealed her natural hair color.
- Large Ham: Gets this way if she's particularly excited about something or showing off.
- Proud Beauty: Has no lack of confidence in her appearance whatsoever. One of her requests for Shade's appearance as her date at the owl wedding was that he take a form as hot as her.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Has been shown to be unafraid of dresses and makeup, and has been described as being a case of this. She also started out rather scrappy and brutish-looking, but has become considerably less so due to growing her hair out, dressing more professionally, and smiling a bit more.
- Strong Girl Smart Guy: The strong girl to Shade's smart guy
- Weather Manipulation: Granted from the Cloud Drinker
Kara Pinewalker now Von FyrherteThe battlemage under Velvet Moose, and Valor's Love Interest and later wife. She used to work at a horrible restaurant called Oinky's before meeting Valor, joining the Royal Guard, and becoming a mage. Her grandfather, Horace, is a railroad tycoon and the richest man in Fyrherte.
- Badass Longcoat: Has been described wearing a brown one that looks straight out of the Old West.
- Bad With The Bone: As being a mage under the Velvet Moose entails.
- Characterization Marches On: Was initially depicted as having a smoking habit and having a bit more of a whiny demeanor, but slowly grew out of it.
- Dreadlock Warrior: She has dreadlocks tied back into a ponytail.
- Easily Condemned: After marrying Valor, the speculation of the people abound despite Kara having a consistently good reputation and having played an important rule in defeating Gula in the Urrduk War. Even Honora has a brief lapse in her trust of Kara once the rumors start swirling around and Honora misunderstands something she overheard Kara saying at the wedding. It's a bit of a downplayed example, but Kara is slowly and surely finding out that being the possible future Queen of Fyrherte will put a lot of scrutiny on her.
- Heroic Self Deprecation: Didn't think much of herself at first. Her self-confidence has grown since joining the Fyrherti military and becoming a mage.
- Hidden Depths: Has shown quite a bit of interest in old artifacts, and showed some surprising knowledge when it came to helping Leck identify one.
- Insatiable Newlyweds: Outright stated to be this way (but obviously not explicitly described)once she marries Valor.
- Lets Wait A While: Told Valor that she doesn't want to go all the way until they get married. This makes Valor rather frustrated and upset. However, his frustration lessens when he realizes that it means that she has thought about them getting married.
- Love Interest: To Valor.
- Took A Level In Badass: Started out as one of the more average characters in the cbox, but now she can snap spines with ease.
An organization of superheroes that watches out for crime in The Capital, as well as keeps the local leagues and guilds under control should trouble erupt.
Lily FletcherThe leader of C.P.R.O. Is often in her office, managing one crisis or another. She's in a relationship with someone implied to be the 'Chad' Max goes on about.
- Beleaguered Bureaucrat: Wants to help whoever needs her at the time, but has to rush people in and out of her office quickly due to the sheer amount of calls she has to take and papers she has to fill out.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Generally comes across as friendly and helpful, but isn't afraid to reprimand people Read:Cris and/or Max when they get out of line.
- Sexy Secretary: Cris seems to think so.
- The Workaholic: Is so involved in her work that she's almost never seen outside of her office. Any time a character calls her, it's very short and she often has to hang up due to other work needing to be done.
Pokemon on Hand: Shiny Avalugg, Vanillish, Lapras, Crabrawler, IncineroarFormerly of the Hannover's Heroes Guild, Cris is a member of CPRO with ice powers granted to him after being bitten by a yeti. He does a lot of the investigative/detective missions CPRO offers, and is seen as a rival by Leck due to both of them having shown attraction to Candela. However, neither Candela nor Lily had mutual feelings for him. Cris ended up going on a mission that got him killed and resurrected by Ziel in the Burned Heavens, and his powers changed. He now can only create golems made of ice, though the only limits are how much ice he can spare and his imagination. Cris was miserable and lonely for a while, but he worked hard, achieved A-rank among CPRO's supers, and was among the first of CPRO's supers to get involved with the arrival of Pokemon. Currently, he balances his hero work, dating Cyan, and training his Pokemon.
- An Ice Person: Had the power to create and manipulate ice, which he gets through eating said ice. His ice powers have been adjusted by Ziel post-resurrection so that he is only able to summon golem-like constructs made of snow and ice. His Pokemon also reflect this, all being Ice-types.
- Big Brother Instinct: Due to being an older brother, he's felt this towards his actual brother as well as Mairi and Mako in particular.
- Berserk Button: People who harm children, as well as people who lead him on (whether it be a false friendship or romantic relationship).
- Drunk On Milk: With his favorite food, ice cream. He visits an ice cream bar that seems to resemble a biker bar, and has described nights there as "being a blur" when asked to recall them because he "Ate a lot of ice cream."
- Drunk With Power: Became like this after Operator A let him wield the Eye. He snapped out of it once Operator B attempted to kill him for trying to tell Uncle Sam about his new power.
- Emotional Bruiser: Definitely wasn't hiding his tears when Max died. For all his enjoyment of typically masculine things like working out and motorcycles, Cris has shown more of a range of emotion than a huge, intimidating person like him would be expected to have.
- Friend To All Children: Is friends with Mako and Curie, as well as Mairi. They like him back.
- Gentle Giant: Shows this side of him occasionally. He generally gets along well with kids, and isn't anywhere near as bad as his intimidating physique might lead someone to assume. Even if he does get into trouble from time to time, Cris would immediately stop what he's doing to help test Mairi's experiments or say hello to Mako at school.
- Happily Adopted: Was adopted, and doesn't seem to feel any particular angst related to this.
- Heartbroken Badass: Due to a friend of his from the team he used to belong to dying at the hands of terrorist infiltrators. Happens again when his brother Max dies.
- Heroic BSOD: Suffered one after Max's death. He is in the process of recovering from it.
- Hidden Depths: Can speak fluent Russian and Korean, and also seems to enjoy listening to Kpop and Mongolian Throat Singing.
- Hurting Hero: Cris has undergone a significant amount of personal trauma, before and after he became a hero working with C.P.R.O.
- Mighty Glacier: In the most literal sense.
- Odd Friendship: One of Cris's most relied-on and closest Pokemon is his Incineroar. An easygoing young man with ice powers is best buds with a boisterous,dramatic flaming tiger.
- Official Couple: With Cyan.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Insists this is the case with Cyan, despite their ice cream dates that seem to be turning steadily more into actual dates. This is no longer the case, as Cyan actually is his girlfriend now.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ice cream. If he's on an important job or mission with somebody, he usually takes them out for ice cream after.
- Trauma Conga Line: Cris has suffered a notable roster of tragedies and moments of bad luck:
- His first guild was infiltrated and killed by terrorists.
- His brother Max was killed by a different set of terrorists.
- A major falling out with his family led to him being alone on Christmas. None of his friends came to check on him or cheer him up.
- Similarly, he got stood up on Valentine's Day, by a date he was particularly excited to go on.
- Feeling vulnerable, he sought companionship from Operator A, a being who claimed that Cris could help her with a difficult mission. The mission is a complete failure, and Cris more or less has to be killed to be saved from Operator B's wrath once he finally has someone (Uncle Sam) who he can explain the whole situation to. When Cris comes back to CPRO, his signature ice powers are heavily altered due to his resurrection.
Max Conner /Four DeathCris's deceased younger brother, who had plant-based powers and could get his energy directly from the sun through photosynthesis. He could be rather immature at times, complaining when he gets the rather boring missions a beginner at CPRO like him would get, as well as having a rivalry with a character he referred to as "Chad", implied to be Lily's boyfriend. It turns out Max isn't as dead as we thought, reincarnating as a Death God of the Shifting Ruins.
- Flowers Of Romance: Gave these to Lily when he first joined CPRO, and has given flowers to other women as well. Lily mentions that she will never forget this gesture he made towards her when giving the eulogy at his funeral. It's also how he subtly reveals to the CPRO gang that he's (sort of) alive a couple years later.
- Killed Off For Real: Max was killed during PALE's terror attack on the Capital's water lines, taking several of their agents down with him and protecting Mairi as he defended the CPRO headquarters. Except not really, as he ends up reincarnated.
- Plant Person: Can perform photosynthesis and create flowers and vines from his body.
- Pretty Boy: Has been described as a 'pretty boy', including by himself.
People who don't belong to a specific guild or hero league.
Alizarin'Elizabeth/Liz'A resident of the capital from a far-off fantasy world where different tribes of people have different superpowers. She comes from the tribe of people with super-strength, but these days we haven't seen her use this particularly often. Is Zero's wife and the mother of their twin children, Mako and Curie.
- Boobs Of Steel: Super strength and a large bust coming together once again.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted for the most part, actually. She's more likely to get snappy than Zero is, but she's always been more mellow than the trope usually implies. Having children has also led to her calming down some. However, this doesn't mean she can't re-ignite that fire if she has to.
- Fluffy Tamer: She's very good with animals, particularly the often-dangerous ones from her homeland.
- Mom The Veteran: The Ixten Empire has a 1-year mandatory military service requirement for all its citizens, and before Liz left for the Capital's shard she served her time. This was during a brutal civil war between the Empire and various insurgents implied to have been armed by Earth-E, but Liz did not see any actual combat due to being assigned somewhere away from the actual fighting.
- One Note Cook: At one point, all she could cook was spaghetti, spaghetti, and more spaghetti. She has since expanded her range quite a bit, but she can't quite live down her spaghetti days.
- Team Mom: Ends up mothering a lot of characters, including Korrin, Candela and Zoe.
- Super Strength: Her power.
- The Ditz: Can have moments from time to time where she comes across as this. One in particular is when she finds out that Korrin doesn't have the, er, 'equipment' to nurse her baby and then asks Korrin if she can sweat milk out of her belly like a platypus. This question of how baby angels are fed reaches the angel Kushiel, who answers the question and then tells Liz to never text her again. Liz completely failed to realize how dumb that question sounded, even though she was curious about the angels and the question wasn't an illegitimate one to have.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Has a couple. She likes a certain kind of cheese-filled bread from her home shard, as well as just about any kind of junk food in general. She had a rather... Interesting reaction to eating bologna with ketchup.
Pokemon on Hand: Mareep, CramorantLiz and Zero's daughter, twin sister to Mako. She takes more after her father, with her quiet aloofness. However, unlike Zero, who quietly enjoys the chaos his house is often in, Curie can be a little more easily overwhelmed by it.
- Aloof Dark Haired Girl: Has black hair and stays rather quiet, composed, and quite mature for her age.
- Daddys Girl: Takes more after Zero with her intelligence and appearance, but that doesn't mean she doesn't love Liz too!
- Deliberately Cute Child: Uses this routine to get what she wants from her parents.
- I Just Want To Be Normal: She wishes she didn't have to deal with her family's craziness all the time.
- Innocent Prodigy: Shows quite some intellect for her age at times, but she still has moments when she displays the maturity of someone her age.
- Perception Filter: Her power.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Shows a bit more understanding of the world around her than a typical four-year-old preschooler might.
Pokemon on Hand: Clefairy, TotodileLiz and Zero's son, twin brother to Curie, and a much more wild and rowdy child. Mako is outgoing, energetic, and often a cause of much chaos in the household.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Averted. He is clearly stated to have ADHD, and shows some rather clear symptoms. He has been seen having trouble paying attention, constantly needing to move about, and being rather impulsive and acting before thinking. His behavior has gotten him into some trouble at preschool. He even told Candela once that he goes to a 'special doctor'(therapist) who helps him with his behavior.
- Bad With The Bone: His power, the manipulation of his own teeth.
- Bratty Half Pint: Aside from his disorder, he often acts like an annoying brat simply because he wants to be funny or cause trouble. A notable example of this is when he did an impression of his mother at preschool and got in trouble.
- Cheerful Child: Is typically this, as it takes a lot to really make him upset.
- Easily Impressed: Has some rather Luffy-esque reactions to things he thinks are awesome.
- Fiery Redhead: A male, preschooler version of the trope. He inherited Liz's red hair and is rather rambunctious.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his reputation as an annoying smartass kid, Mako clearly had an understanding of how Cris felt when Max died. This prompted Mako to draw a picture for Cris to help him feel better.
- Large Ham: Mako seems to have no control over the volume of his voice. He also has a tendency to make mountains out of molehills, and get overly emotional over things that seem trivial. Thus, he qualifies as a Ham at the tender age of four!
- Mommas Boy: Mako obviously loves both his parents but is noticeably clingy and affectionate towards Liz.
- More Teeth Than The Osmond Family: Also part of his power. He actually has a second row of bottom teeth, and his teeth can fall out and be instantly replaced like a shark's.
- No Indoor Voice: Often gets reprimanded by his parents for shouting too much.
- The Ditz: Some of this can be attributed to him being a very young child, but he is noticeably rather dense and things fly over his head rather easily.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ketchup.
- Why Couldnt You Be Different: Initially felt this way towards the Pokemon that hatched from the egg Delibird gave him. Instead of getting a cool Pokemon like the Sharpedo or Tyranitar he wanted, he ended up with a Cleffa. This led to Mako being very disappointed with what he got and fearful that people would make fun of him possessing such a pink, cute-looking Pokemon.
Pokemon on Hand: Muk, GolettA native resident of Earth-C, and Liz's husband. A Designer Baby made by a former supervillain. His real name is Subject 000. He has a talent for technology, and blood manipulation abilities. He is often rather cranky, and has little time for funny business, but has a hidden softer side as well.
- Action Dad: Is a father and can kick ass if he needs to.
- Black And Nerdy: He's African-American and an accomplished scientist and researcher.
- Blood Magic: One of his main powers. It runs in his fathers' side of the family.
- Doesnt Trust Those Guys: Doesn't trust any authority figures on principle. He goes great lengths to keep his business out of the eyes of the government, the hero guilds, and any other group that could dictate how he lives his life. Sometimes it paints him as someone who merely values his privacy, other times it can lead to him having hostile confrontations with cops and superheroes.
- Happily Married: To Liz.
- Hidden Depths: He's been shown to be very competent around Pokemon, and despite his icy demeanor at times he shows a very genuine love for his family. Zero has shown himself to be a loving and supportive father to his kids (though he'd never admit it) and does, in fact, have a range of emotion beyond cold apathy and cynicism.
- Mixed Ancestry: Zero's mother is black and his father is white.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Real Men Hate Affection: Tries to act like this, but can't keep his aloofness up for long around his family.
- The Smart Guy: Is competent in biology, mechanics, and other things that involve mechanical and scientific knowledge. Naturally, he's started to take on the role of the Earth-C shard's Pokemon Professor.
- Technopath: The other half of his powers, inherited from his supervillain mom and facilitated by the nanomachines in his blood.
- When He Smiles: Can be made to smile if Liz or the twins are involved. He usually does this in secret out of everyone's view.
Pokemon on Hand: Sealeo, Rufflet, Yanmega, Granbull, Willodillo (Artificial Fakemon)
Cyan is Mako and Curie's teacher at preschool, an experimental school for young children with super powers and extraordinary abilities. She is a young woman with blue hair, and often finds her hands full whenever Mako gets too rambunctious. While she often clashes with Mako in particular, she does not hold any ill will towards her students. On the side, she is attempting to become a Pokemon trainer after the aforementioned creatures appeared in Earth-C. Lately, she has been getting more into Pokemon and is currently in a relationship with CPRO's Cris.
- Ambiguously Christian: She wears a cross on her necklace, which could suggest she is Christian, but she hasn't gone into detail in terms of describing her beliefs.
- Badass Normal: Cyan has no superpowers or any special abilities other than owning a few Pokemon.
- Badass Teacher: As long as she has a chance to bring out her Pokemon, she is quite formidable.
- Being Personal Isnt Professional: At school, she is very serious, goal-oriented, and doesn't play favorites. She loosens up considerably when not at work; when she encounters some of her students outside of school they can get shocked at how different she is.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Her initial appearances played up her Stern Teacher qualities, and people who interacted with her outside of class (Like Mairi, at first)assumed she was cold, cynical, and even perhaps mean. Interacting with Cris and more development of her relationship with her class have made Cyan's better qualities slowly come to the forefront.
- De Power: It turns out Cyan's power wasn't just her blue hair after all. If her mother didn't get treatment to prevent Cyan's early-emerging powers from developing any further before Cyan was born, Cyan would have been born with the power to change the terrain around her.
- Dye Hard: Completely averted. Her blue hair is 100% natural.
- Fetus Terrible: It is revealed that Cyan avoided becoming one of these in a Mother's Day event in the chatbox. She developed Early-Onset Awakening Syndrome in the womb, and her mother underwent treatments to neutralize it. Thus, Cyan was only born with blue hair instead of a highly dangerous power to alter the terrain around her.
- Friend To All Living Things: Seems to befriend Pokemon rather naturally.
- Hot Teacher: Is young and rather pretty, though 'cute' may be the better term. She also has to dress rather conservatively because she teaches preschool.
- Inadequate Inheritor: Cyan has said that she comes from a dynasty of prominent Supers, with at least one of her relatives (Her Great-Great-Great-Great Uncle Sam) being a very prominent member of not just America's roster of Supers, but the World League. Her feelings of being inadequate come from that her power (having blue hair) is pretty unimpressive when her relatives tend to have much more useful and flashy powers. However, these feelings of inadequacy come more from herself than anyone in her family telling her she isn't worthy.
- Missing Mom: It was revealed that her mother died when she was very young, of an illness. Later, we learn a little bit more about her. The name of Cyan's mother has yet to be revealed, but what we have learned is that Cyan developed a dangerous condition while in the womb and that Cyan's mother underwent risky treatments to prevent the loss of both herself and the baby. It is implied, however, that the toll the treatments took on Cyan's mother's body eventually still killed her not long after Cyan was born.
- Mixed Ancestry: Cyan's mother was American, and her father is an Australian who immigrated to the United States.
- Muggle Best Friend: Often becomes this in various situations, as she's on good terms with most characters with most of those characters having superpowers while she doesn't.
- Official Couple: With Cris.
- Stern Teacher: Comes across this way as she's often seen reprimanding Mako for misbehaving in class.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Other than also being a frequent visitor to Cris's favorite ice cream bar, she seems to have a peculiar thing for blue gatorade.
- When You Coming Home Dad: Cyan's childhood with her TV-star father being away from home a lot made her an almost textbook case of being a latchkey kid. She was left home alone at times and expected to care for herself from an early age, though she likely had at least a nanny at home to help take care of her when she was very little. On a positive note, it doesn't seem her relationship with her father has suffered from this, at least not in any way that couldn't have been forgiven and repaired later on.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her blue hair is natural, as she has stated. She is technically a mutant-type Super, with her power literally being the possession of blue hair.
Ms. Brittney "Britt" Burgundy
Digimon on Hand: Biyomon
A teacher at a very expensive preschool who was introduced around the same time it was announced that there would be a field day mini-event where Cyan's preschool would have to compete against others. She seems to be quite popular with her students, but outside of school she's a very relentless bully towards Cyan. She has a fiancee named Brad as well as a smug little Biyomon who she occasionally sends out to do her bidding.
- Alpha Bitch: Ms. Burgundy is very elitist-minded and hasn't seemed to have grown out of her high school bully tendencies.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Her reaction to having ice cream spilled on her by Leck's mercenary friends was to blame Cyan and then have Biyomon smear her own digi-poop all over Cyan's car.
- Dye Hard: Dyes her hair to the color of red velvet cupcakes.
- Evil Counterpart: To Cyan, though she's more of a vindictive, cruel bully than truly evil.
- Evil Is Petty: She enjoys provoking Cyan with petty little insults towards her and her students.
- Malicious Misnaming: Often taunts Cyan by calling her "Cry-an".
BradMs. Burgundy's dimwitted, hunky, police officer fiancee. Their relationship appears to be quite dysfunctional and based more on looks and sex than any real love for one another.
- Dumb Jock: Athletic and physically fit, but lacking in smarts.
- Hidden Depths: There's clearly something more going on in his head than first impressions would indicate, as he's apparently a reasonably competent police officer. However, it's never been said what duties he's put on or if his lack of intelligence perhaps hints at why so many supervillains lurk around the Capital without getting so much as a warning from the cops.
- Horrible Judge Of Character: Stays with Burgundy and even intends to marry her despite her horrible personality and verbal abuse towards him. It might be that he simply doesn't know how to run away.
- Hunk: He's described as being quite attractive.
- Man Child: He ran into the ice cream bar with all the excitement of a little kid.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He's shown to love ice cream, as well as fried chicken.
Alicia FayeA teenage-equivalent cat Beastwoman who possesses a strange glitch to her abilities known as Nemesis, which makes her able to act as an opposer to just about anything. She is Beth's sister, and the adopted daughter of Morgan.She was killed by Ezekiel self-destructing during the Scepter Arc but seems to have passed her trials and has been resurrected by Ziel.
- Arch Enemy: Has a glitch in her class that allows her to essentially become this to anyone.
- Brains And Brawn: Is the brains to Beth's brawn.
- Cat Girl: Formerly was a black cat Beastwoman.
- Character Death: Died during the Scepter Arc when Ezekiel blew himself up. Later, she passed Ziel's trials and was resurrected.
- Noble Wolf: Has changed into a wolf-type Beastwoman since her resurrection. She carries an intelligent and respect-worthy air about her.
- Wolf Man: Well, she's a wolf-woman at least.
Beth FayeAlso a cat Beastwoman, whose unique class ability lets her create monsters from her blood, as well as transform into a Weretiger. She is Alicia's sister, and Morgan's adopted daughter.
- Brains And Brawn: Is the brawn to Alicia's brains.
- Cat Girl: Was one with tawny orange cat features. She has since evolved into a lion-type.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: Is a werelion.
Mahlo/Mallory ThaumagarA new member of Anbruch's facility in the Capital. Is a half-elf, a defector from the Scepter Foundation and the child of Wylo Thaumagar. Was originally a male half-elf named Mahlo, but requested gender reassignment when she reincarnated in Anbruch's facility after blowing herself up during a mission to poison Fyrherte's water supply.
- Black Knight: Seems to be heading in this direction as she gains better control over her abilities.
- Dark And Troubled Past: Was subjected to various instances of neglect and physical abuse as a child due to her mad sorcerer father and bloodthirsty executioner sister.
- Killer Yo Yo: Wields one that turns into a larger, bladed one when she activates her class magic.
- No Social Skills: Was poorly socialized growing up, and while she can hold a basic conversation, she has some very bizarre tastes and ideas of what is acceptable due to her upbringing in what was essentially magical North Korea. She tries her best to not come across this way, but when it shows it really shows.
Tropes that apply to Hiberna as a whole:
- Adventure Friendly World: Has a rather simplistic map, magic, character classes, and monsters. Most locations within the Burned Heavens are this.
- Irish Accents: Hiberna is based on Ireland, making this an implied but not usually phonetic example.
- The Irish Mob: A Tiefling group known as the Brimstone Shamrocks employed by Scepter was this mixed with some other mafia tropes.
The FormerScepter Foundation
Volodar Sylvar Dawn-HairThe leader of the Scepter Foundation, a magical megacorp that ruled over most of Hiberna and attempted to destroy Fyrherte after the falling-out with Anbruch. He had very powerful nature magic, allowing him to turn into animals and make a Humongous Mecha out of trees. Sealed himself away in his family tomb after Scepter's defeat and is revealed to have been Sol's father. After some time in stasis, Sylvar decided to live as a hermit in the tomb, a malfunction with his chamber leading to him narrowly escaping death but shriveling up into a scarecrow-like form. He seems to have realized the error in his ways and is now helping Leck deal with a new threat.
- The Atoner: He has stated that he can't fully make up for what he attempted to do, but will do his best to at least find peace with himself and be a better person.
- Berserk Button: Don't enter or rummage around in his family tomb without his explicit permission. Also, don't talk down to him or arrogantly ignore his warnings to you like the Dawn Queen did. If you do any of these things, Sylvar will be relentless in seeing to it that your life is ruined and your goals never achieved.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu: He gave a positively scathing speech condemning the Dawn Queen and her ideals, thoroughly belittling her name without any fear of her or what she might do to him in response.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Sylvar did not condone Wylo's abuse of his children. He sent his own son, Solam, to live in Autumncoast so that Wylo couldn't harm him.
- Fantastic Racism: Sylvar appears to harbor a large prejudice towards Dark Elves, one of the things that his wife certainly doesn't approve of about him. He's getting better, but still believes them to be responsible for some "potato famine" that may not have even really happened.
- Friend To All Living Things: Formerly an antagonistic example, but now played straighter at least with wildlife. Other people, not so much.
- Happily Married: Sylvar loved his wife, Merelda, more than anything until she died and he had to perform an emergency c-section on her to save their child. Now that she has returned from her trials in Ziel's underworld, their relationship has more or less picked up from where it left off. Sylvar's even astounded and secretly very happy that she's giving him another chance and that she was holding onto a locket he gave her all that time she was gone.
- Hidden Depths: He apparently enjoys painting and is quite good at it.
- Papa Wolf: He would never intentionally let harm come to his son or his wife. He's almost like this for all of the elves of the Dawn-Hair Clan, as he got especially angry when the Dawn Queen transformed one of his resurrected ancestors into someone unrecognizable right before his eyes, just to prove she could.
- Reformed But Not Tamed: He has decided to support King Leck in protecting Hiberna from the Dawn Queen. He has not, however, magically turned into a nice person. He is still rather unfriendly and even quite cruel in his ideas of how to defeat this new enemy. He also hasn't been confirmed to have shed his anti-human prejudices.
- Scary Scarecrows: What Sylvar turned into as a nature-based mage combined with the effects of his stasis sleep not going quite right.
- Sir Swears A Lot: Sylvar is easily one of the most foul-mouthed characters in the roleplay, dropping frequent f-bombs and c-bombs when agitated.
Wylo ThaumagarThe right-hand man of Sylvar, and the leader of Scepter's Tower guild. He was an illusionist and a dark sorcerer who used his hallucination-inducing tears as a weapon. He was Mallory's (biological) and Strella's (adoptive) father, and a horribly abusive and cruel parent to both of them, but Mallory in particular.He was defeated by Mort and Princess Honora after hijacking Slime Frog's power and becoming the Crying God. Mort keyed him away, and we have yet to see what will result from that.
- Abusive Parents: One of the most abusive fathers in the entirety of the Crossroads, period. His treatment of Strella (grooming her into a vampiric assassin) and Mallory (physical and verbal abuse) made a lot of characters, including even Sylvar himself, angry with him.
- Embarrassing First Name: Wylo, it turns out, isn't this sorcerer's real name but one he chose for himself out of embarrassment over the name his parents gave him. Wylo's real name is actually Patrick.
- Fan Boy: Wylo seemed to have a very strange obsession with vampires, to the point that he tried to create an elite bodyguard solely made up of warriors with vampirism.
- Hate Sink: He had literally no redeemable character traits.
- Mad Scientist: He had a lot of creepy experiments, including vampirism-infected guards, lurking about in his lab.
- Manipulative Bastard: He more or less used Sylvar as his plaything and ruined Sylvar's life in almost every single possible way a bad friend could. One of the worst things he did was have Sylvar's wife murdered, put on some fake tears and support for him, and convince Sylvar to cut the still-alive baby Solam out of her before Solam died as well. It's up to individual players to interpret how much of Wylo's manipulation of Sylvar actually involved his magic tears.
- The Man Behind The Man: It's becoming clearer and clearer that he influenced Sylvar to create the Scepter Foundation and did a lot of the big, behind-the-scenes projects and heavy lifting for him. It's no wonder his downfall was treated as a big boss fight while Sylvar's surrender was portrayed in the epilogue to the Scepter Foundation threads.
- Smug Snake: He had really twisted ideas about Elven and his own superiority, and was never shy to brag about them.
Lavanya WekoraThe leader of the Autumncoast Adventuring Guild, a small guild on the east coast of Hiberna. She is a small rabbit Beastwoman, but claims to have been a Whale and a Seal as past species. She is Sol and Axbeard's adoptive mother, and her hobbies include shipbuilding, sailing, and barging into Leck's room at inopportune times due to a delusion that he has feelings for her based off of one incident in which Leck had a curse put on him.
- Big Beautiful Woman: She may be short, but her figure is described as quite curvy despite her height. Lavanya is certainly chubby, and by her shard's standards (where nearly everyone is thin and conventionally attractive) is overweight. She doesn't fall into Hollywood Pudgy because she is in fact overweight but considered to be easy on the eyes.
- Big Eater: Lavanya eats a lot for someone of her stature, and is by no means a picky eater.
- Beneath The Mask: See Stepford Smiler.
- Berserk Button: Do not waste food around her. This extends to eating food served by her and not cleaning your plate. It isn't known what she does or how she reacts in these cases, but Sol and Axbeard have implied that she gets very, very angry and will literally sit there and watch you eat until every last bit of food is gone.
- Fat And Proud: Downplayed. Lavanya is hefty, but while she has no notable qualms related to her weight she is confident in her looks without making too big of a show about it.
- Odd Friendship: Seems to be starting one with Slyder. A slovenly, perpetual drunkard who was a former vigilante at least warm acquaintances with a cute, energetic rabbit woman. The both of them seem to have gotten to know each other over the both of them having dealt with bad divorces that emotionally crushed them.
- Peeling Potatoes: Claims to have been made to do this for punishment as a child when she couldn't meet her family's standards.
- Seldom Seen Species: Her appearance, with her messy hair and small size, is meant to invoke a Lionhead rabbit according to Word Of God.
- Stalker With A Crush: On a bad day, comes off as this towards Leck.
- Stepford Smiler: She isn't as cheery as she appears to be at a first glance, and a lot of her peculiarities have reasons behind them. It turns out she has some rather deep-seated attachment issues and pent-up bitterness resulting from an ugly divorce. The man she was married to was only in it for access to her family's high-quality adventuring gear that they manufacture, and once he got that, dumped her and gave her the papers. He managed to retain ownership over the supplies he wanted, and more or less didn't even get much of a reprimanding from House Wekora, which Lavanya found to be very unfair due to his mistreatment of her. Crom, the ex-husband, claims she was annoying and clingy, which isn't exactly untrue, but he did in fact call her annoying to her face at least once. When Crom returns to Hiberna, she ends up having a meltdown in which she drinks too much with Slyder, then passes out in a puddle of her own puke. You can usually tell when Lavanya drops her mask when her voice drops an octave to its normal pitch and her eyes lose their peppy sparkle.
- Team Chef: She has made food for characters on several occasions, and sometimes that has been with the explicit purpose of boosting their stats in preparation for a quest.
- Team Mom: To the Autumncoast Adventuring Guild.
- Quite literally to Axebeard and Sol
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrots, but has also mentioned liking crubeens.
Solam 'Sol' Dawn-HairA 22 year-old elf and a member of the Autumncoast Adventuring Guild. He is a bard, the adoptive son of Lavanya the biological son of Volodar Sylvar, and a friend/occasional companion to Leck.
- Adventurous Irish Violins: An invoker of this trope, due to his homeland and the instrument he plays.
- Happily Adopted: By Lavanya.
- Jack Of All Stats: Is technically a Bard by class, but has attempted to learn spells and skills from other classes. He knows a theft-related skill, some basic farming skills, and one of his father's plant-control spells that he learned out of the hope that it would prevent some weeds from harassing crops he was growing to feed his guild.
- Manly Tears: When he reads his father's last and only letter to him.
- One Man Band: Can pull this off, as he knows how to play multiple instruments. We haven't seen him do this in canon yet, but it may come.
- Those Two Guys: With Axbeard.
Bernard 'Axbeard' WekoraA 21 year-old Dwarf and the adopted brother and constant companion to Sol. Is a warrior, and carries a unique weapon called the Disruptor Axe. He gets his nickname from the shape of his beard, which resembles the crescent of an axe's blade.
- Amazon Chaser: Has made some comments here and there suggesting interest in Saoirse, a quarter-giant, quarter-elf, half-human member of his guild.
- An Axe To Grind: Uses a Disruptor Axe as his chief weapon, and loves axes so much that he styled his beard to look like the blade of one.
- Baldof Awesome: Shaves his head bald, and survived a beastman blowing himself up right next to him.
- Gonk: Has a rather big nose and a smile that looks a bit too big for his face.
- Happily Adopted: By Lavanya.
- Manly Tears: When Alicia died.
- Moses In The Bulrushes: A variation in which his birth parents apparently sealed him away into a meteor that then landed in Hiberna. We don't know yet, however, what disaster or threat to them prompted his presumed birth parents to do this.
- Those Two Guys: With Sol.
Chax BelialA summoner-class Devil from the Autumncoast Guild, one of its strongest members. While he often comes across as comedy relief with a pint of ale always in hand, he's much more dangerous than his chill attitude often lets on. It turns out that he's actually The reincarnation of Jinn O'Sunderer, Hiberna's equivalent to Cu Chulainn.
- The Alcoholic: Chax appears to drink nothing but alcoholic beverages. One drunken bender led to him wandering all the way to Mexico for some reason, and hilarity ensued.
- Big Red Devil: As a member of the Devil race, he has horns and red skin.
- Funetik Aksent: A downplayed example, but Chax's accent is much stronger and written-out than those of some of the other characters from Hiberna. He appears to have an accent similar to those from Northern Ireland. He also uses much more slang than other characters from the area.
- Hidden Depths: Beneath his chill party guy demeanor, we sometimes see that Chax has some insecurities. His drinking habit appears to come from stress and pressure put upon him by his wealthy parents, who he could never please. Another surprising thing we have learned about Chax is that he has quite a good memory and will recall small details he's noticed while seemingly plastered.
- Like Brother And Sister: He shares this dynamic with Gwendolyn and Saoirse, Gwen in particular.
- Super Powered Alter Ego: He is a vessel for The legendary hero of Hiberna, Jinn O'Sunderer. When he absorbs Jinn's eye, lungs, tail, tooth, and finally the Gae Bolga, Jinn can temporarily take over his body and Chax's already strong magical power goes into overdrive.
- Teeth Clenched Teamwork: With Sylvar. Chax was willing to learn how to transform into Jinn O'Sunderer from Sylvar, but has explained that he is helping Sylvar to protect his friends and nothing more. He despises Sylvar, but sees the crotchety old elf as one of few people who is taking the Dawn Queen's arrival seriously as he is.
Nyldara BronzewoodA dark elf who lived under Scepter's regime as a child, Nyldara studied the culinary arts upon obtaining her freedom and eventually rose to become King Leck's personal chef. Though her elite tastes often clash with Leck's love of fast food, Leck certainly respects her talent and occasionally relies on her for support in the form of meals with status effects.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Nyldara was mostly cared for by the Andhrimnir-Model Golem known as the Stone Chef, but even being raised by what is essentially a robot that knew nothing but cuisine can't fully explain Nyldara's admission that she has trouble reading facial expressions and relates more to golems than people because their behaviors are automated and thus more predictable. She occasionally shows symptoms that could be interpreted as high-functioning autism (difficulties socializing, trouble with understanding facial expressions, limited interests), but also lacks the sensory symptoms. Whatever Nyldara has isn't fully clear, but some of her behavior can't simply be tied to her past.
- Ascended Extra: She was originally supposed to lose the cooking competition to decide who would be Leck's royal chef, but ended up winning by a landslide. She has now become a rather developed character in her own right.
- Chef Of Iron: You have to be one of those if you want to make it as a chef in the Burned Heavens. Nyldara has to, on occasion, literally fight her ingredients.
- Cyborg: Nyldara was injured escaping from Scepter as a child. Her right eye and right arm were replaced with those of the Stone Chef, who sacrificed its parts to help her become its eventual successor.
- Dark Skinned Blonde: Nyldara, as a Dark Elf, has a bronze complexion and almost-white blonde hair.
- Hidden Heart Of Gold: Nyldara is typically aloof, haughty, and monotonic in her interactions with others. She is also harsh and likes her kitchen just-so. However, she has never failed to fulfill even the most ridiculous requests no matter how much she has railed against having to cook such dishes.
- Nyldara also has a tendency to show her softer side around her niece, Iolene. This is because Nyldara's sister and Iolene's mother, Velatha, isn't a very good mother to Iolene and doesn't support the poor girl in her pursuit of the culinary arts in Nyldara's footsteps.
- She actually gave Leck a hug when he returned from being temporarily dead as well, expressing great worry for his well-being and begging him not to disappear without warning again. Normally, Nyldara doesn't seem to enjoy much physical contact except from select people...Those people being Iolene and Velvet.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Nyldara has a very close friendship with Velvet, one of King Leck's advisers. They're nearly always hanging out together and Velvet seems to be the person Nyldara trusts the most out of everyone in the palace.
- Married To The Job: Similarly to Nora's personal chef Evun, Nyldara cares little for romance and dismisses it in favor of cooking. She's even stated that she doesn't quite believe that love is real.
- Not So Above It All: Occasionally, Nyldara will loosen up and do something amusing or silly. When it comes to fine cuisine, even she has moments where she just feels like making something simple and not too fancy.
- Statuesque Stunner: Nyldara is 6'2", almost a whole foot taller than the 5'4" Leck.
- Stout Strength: She has been described as being less inclined towards delicate features than most elves. She is skinnier than Lavanya, but not quite skinny. She also casually went out to kill a Coinchenn (aka the sea creature whose bones were used to make the Gae Bolga), took it down rather quickly, and then served its filets to Leck without breaking a sweat.
- Supreme Chef: Nyldara is expertly trained in the field of fine cuisine, and was considered worthy to be the personal chef of a king.
- Team Chef: One of the best and most notable in the setting.
- Technicolor Eyes: Nyldara has eyes with bright yellow irises. Or she did, until she lost one of her eyes in a childhood accident. Now she has one blue eye (taken from her robot mentor) and one yellow eye.
- Tsundere: Nyldara has a tendency to be aloof and haughty towards those (including Leck) who don't understand or appreciate fine cuisine, but will never refuse even Leck's most unhealthy and plebeian requests. Fulfilling such requests is usually followed by Nyldara giving typical lines such as "It's not like I enjoyed making this for you or anything!"
CatosphriousA former Death Knight from Goka who moved to Fyrherte and opened Le Chevalier, a cafe right in the middle of Lagoon City.
- Berserk Button: Seems to get annoyed and sometimes even angry when Pumpkin Spice season rolls around...Likely due to Honora and Candela's love of pumpkin spice muffins and lattes. The only time he made pumpkin spice muffins willingly was when Nora was injured from her fight with Wylo and in the hospital.
- The Bartender: Is a coffee shop owner.
(The great) KURALLA URAnother former Death Knight from Goka who moved to Fyrherte and enrolled in its magical academy to study Witchsilver and Anti-Magic.
Abena BalewaFormer courier, Abena joined Leck's mercenary group, the Shock Saints, after promising she would if he managed to get three other members.
Pon SlyderAn engineer under Shock Saints employ that makes some rather whacky inventions. Seems to work 24/7 fueled only by immense amounts of booze.
- The Alcoholic: Is drunk 99% of the time.
- Odd Friendship: Seems to be starting one with Lavanya. A slovenly, perpetual drunkard who was a former vigilante at least warm acquaintances with a cute, energetic rabbit woman. The both of them seem to have gotten to know each other over the both of them having dealt with bad divorces that emotionally crushed them.
Dan ChoA powerful magic user, and mercenary under Shock Saints employ.He likes 2d waifus and doesn't tolerate filth.
- Companion Cube: Dan's 2-D Waifus.
- Otaku: Dan likes anime, and when he's not practicing his magic, he's usually involved in his other hobby.
AkeyotoA martial-arts master working as a mercenary in Shock Saints,He teaches Leck how to use qi.
- Covered With Scars: His entire body seems to be one giant burn scar. Nobody knows what caused it, however, given Urutora's situation and the implications behind it, it likely had to do with a misuse of Qi.
- Old Master: Akeyoto is a master of qi use, and definitely gives off old kung-fu movie vibes.
- Prophet Eyes: Has faded, white eyes.
- When You Snatch The Pebble: His tests are often much harder than they seem, and involve similar tasks to pebble-snatching.
VytautasA former gang leader from the nation of Lieut, Leck's turf after he bought it from Adlerkrig. He acts as Leck's eyes and ears in Lieut when Leck cannot personally be there. He is not a full member, but an honorary Shock Saint after his bravery in helping Leck defeat the Guildists in Lieut.
- Badass Family: Vytautas's family included his wife and eleven kids. When they were killed by the Guildists, they took many of those vile fantasy Communists down with them.
- Bald Of Awesome: Vytautas is very badass, and very bald.
- The Big Guy: Vytautas is a pretty standard example of the trope.
- Generic Ethnic Crime Gang: He was the leader of a Lieutic biker gang that was active during the reign of Lieut's previous and very inept leader.
- Gentle Giant: He was this around his family before the Guildists killed them.
- Heartbroken Badass: He began helping Leck a lot more with the Guildist terrorists in Lieut after they slaughtered his family.
- Power Fist: His typical way of fighting is using runecrafted brass knuckles.
Sextus NombreA Troll from the Homestuck universe, and Tibron's friend. He currently works as one of Zero's lab assistants.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Sextus is usually rather composed, but his reaction to a ditto that could turn into Liz was an uncontrollable laughing fit.
- The Gunslinger: Sextus is competent with his guns and is a big fan of a Troll Western television program.
- Its Personal: Something happened that led to Sextus (and by extension most trolls) acquiring a massive, murderous hatred for Azoth.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Sextus is usually either watching his favorite cartoon or goofing off in Zero's lab with Tibron. When Azoth's name is merely mentioned, however, he becomes very angry and drops all of his previously relaxed demeanor.
- Speech Impediment: He has a lisp, represented by 6's in his typing quirk, that is reminiscent of Murderface's from Metalocalypse.
Tibron DontisA Troll from the Homestuck universe, and Sextus's friend. He currently works as one of Zero's lab assistants, helping him to develop gadgets from the Pokemon universe that can be used in Earth-C. Tibron's most recent project is the creation of new starter Pokemon to be given to trainers in Earth-C. He likes sharks, surfing, and smoking reefers. His mythological role in-game was as the Heir of Life.
- The Beastmaster: He sometimes dabbled in Fiduspawn when he was bored in his session, and it has actually helped him a bit in the present with understanding Pokemon.
- Big Eater: Comes with being The Stoner , as well as being raised by a shark-like lusus and having shark-like qualities.
- Brilliant But Lazy: Whenever he puts down his weed for a moment, Tibron proves to actually be somewhat intelligent.
- Closet Geek: He mostly acts as a surfer dude Jerk Jock, but his other interests appear to include science, Fiduspawn, and Minecraft.
- Erudite Stoner: Occasionally slips into this when his Hidden Depths show themselves.
- Has A Type: Has been suggested and implied to like curvaceous women that are a lot taller than him.
- He Man Woman Hater: Parodied and Zig-Zagged. Tibron does not seem to be an actual misogynist, but he will act like one to piss Juscel (a troll parodying stereotypical Tumblr social justice warriors) off. Usually he will say demeaning things about women in front of her face or try to rope her into a ligma-style joke. He has also had his moments of actual disrespect towards women, those generally being him leering at women (such as Liz or himself when he temporarily became female in the Homestuck Wushu he originated from) and making inappropriate comments.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his initial impressions of being a lazy, dim-witted stoner, Zero has actually complimented Tibron on his knack for scientific work and the success of the first artificial starter Pokemon, Thornug.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Is quite short for his age but kicks a lot of ass if he needs to.
- Royal Blood: Is a purple-blooded seadweller. How his behavior hasn't led to him being culled by the Condesce is a mystery.
- Surfer Dude: His strife specibus is Surfkind, meaning that his chief weapon is literally a surfboard. He refers to it as a Surfbuckler.
- The Stoner: Smokes weed, or at least an Alternian equivalent, almost constantly.
The FishermanA mysterious, evil entity who wants to ruin Leck's life for yet-unknown reasons. He has "caught" some of Leck's defeated former enemies and resurrected them, forming something of a crew. He rules over Tanyun, a far-off world that experienced some sort of nuclear cataclysm in the past.
- Enemy To All Living Things: He doesn't exactly have a good track record when it comes to interacting with other life forms, and his shard itself is a death world.
- Genius Loci: He IS Tanyun. His physical form is more for the convenience of interaction with his underlings.
- Humanoid Abomination: He looks like a fisherman, but green, unnerving to look at, and who likes to reel in people instead of fish.
- More Teeth Than The Osmond Family: The Fisherman has a lot of teeth...
- Villain Team Up: He's gathered and resurrected a few of Leck's past enemies (Adam is a new foe, however) for the purpose of defeating him.
RaphaelArchangel of Heaven, Raphael was left adrift after Heaven's destruction. Sometime afterwards, he nearly succeeded in rebuilding Heaven, but was thwarted by Leck and several others. Currently, he is among the Fisherman's crew in order to obtain another chance at fulfilling his plans and to get back at Leck for nearly destroying him.
- Co Dragons: With Nestor, Gula, and Adam to the Fisherman.
- The Determinator: Would serve anyone, do anything, and kill anybody if it means that it will enable him to rebuild Heaven.
- Holy Backlight: Part of being an angel, usually manifesting when using powers.
- Knight Templar: Considers his cause a righteous one, and will do anything to fulfil it.
- Light Is Not Good: Is light and holy like any other angel, but will do anything necessary to return Heaven to power.
- Making A Splash: Has domain over water, capable of conjuring an enormous tsunami at full power.
- Our Angels Are Different: Has a holy aura like Korrin, and grand, blinding white wings. As an Archangel, he is much more powerful than a normal angel, capable of rapid teleportation, healing and water manipulation.
- Prongs Of Poseidon: Wields a golden trident, in reference to his water theming.
- Tele Portation: One of his specialties. Can teleport frequently over large distance, but requires holy energy to maintain.
- The Unfettered: There is no line he will not cross to bring Heaven back, no action too dreadful.
Gula LuubaatarFormer Warlady of Urrdukstan, the Fisherman of Tanyun resurrected her to carry out his plan of getting back at Leck. Gula has returned a changed woman from her former more bloodthirsty self and is far more conscious of her own faults and the situation she's in this time around. She has retained her Dragon Egg abilities.
- Appeal To Force: Frequently used this pre-Fisherman as a way to obtain what she wanted. Several nations became fed up with it, and gave Gula a taste of her own medicine.
- Black Sheep: Among the Fisherman's assembled villains. While she has resurrected more aware of what caused her to fail the first time around, Gula is someone who only has regard for brute force among a group of villains that are all of the scheming, chess-master type.
- Brutal Honesty: Gula has a tendency to loudly declare what is immediately on her mind, with little regard for how others feel about her opinions of them or the situation at hand. She sees lying and social manipulation as a trait of weaklings.
- Characterization Marches On: Gula used to have no trouble speaking English whatsoever, but was later given a heavy Urrduk (sounding similar to Russian) accent. Comparing her debut to her current involvement in the roleplay, it could even be said she became a completely different character.
- Co Dragons: With Raphael, Nestor, and Adam to the Fisherman. Also has powers related to and can transform into a literal dragon.
- Death Glare: A weaponized version with the Egg of Dragon's Presence.
- Dishing Out Dirt: With her Egg of the Dragon's Pearl, which involves her being able to create cannonball-sized pearls out of sand.
- Does Not Like Men: Expressed such sentiments due to Urrdukstan having been built on female rule and separation of the genders except for the purpose of reproduction. She's eased up considerably, now being the token girl of the Fisherman's main team.
- Excessive Evil Eyeshadow: It's red, and goes from her eyelids up to her eyebrow as well as down the sides of her nose.
- Evil Overlord: Was one of the matriarchal, chemical weapons-hoarding variety before she was taken down and later resurrected.
- Funetik Aksent: To an extent. Gula's dialogue is in somewhat broken English and she is stated to have a strong Urrduk accent, but it is her sentence structure that is different, not the spelling of what she is saying. Word Of God has confirmed that Gula's accent resembles a Russian one, and she even said "Blyat" once.
- Genre Savvy: Has become much more so after resurrecting. She knows that what the Fisherman is doing is going to go poorly for him in the end if he pushes the right buttons. She's growing more concerned about his competence now that his actions have led to Mort dying, with the certainty that Leck and his allies will try to avenge him. Gula knows that any member of that group dying will result in revenge and curb-stomping, and she doesn't want to be caught up in it.
- Friends With Benefits: Possibly inverted? She and Adlerkrig have known each other for quite some time and are clearly sexually involved, but Gula has repeatedly stated that she Does Not Like Men and has a very special dislike towards him in particular.
- As of recent events, Gula confessed that she in fact loves Adlerkrig. It appears that they are close to obtaining Official Couple status.
- Instant Armor: With her Egg of Dragon's Scales.
- Knight Of Cerebus: The Neo-Witch Lords were threatening, but had their moments of humor here and there. When Gula stepped out onto the scene, the fights against her regime felt much more hopeless and more serious of a threat to those involved in beating her. Post-Gula, most arcs that have involved actual antagonists have felt more serious in tone and threat level.
- Know When To Fold Em: Has become much more aware of when a fight can't be won post-resurrection. Now she is able to Appeal To Force more effectively, as she knows she's not the strongest of the people the Fisherman gathered and can't play the same games she used to.
- Might Makes Right: Gula fully believes in and revels in this even after her resurrection. She does not find any value in scheming, manipulation, or sucking up to others. In fact, she detests those kinds of people and enjoys crushing them and seeing their faces when they try to appeal to anything but strength. Unfortunately, this tends to be far more effective in her home shard than in others.
- Mighty Glacier: Is very durable and hard to inflict real damage upon even when her scales aren't summoned.
- Nightmare Fetishist: If her talk of "Traditional Urrduk Blood Orgies" and her apparent relationship with Adlerkrig don't make her this, then who knows what does.
- No Social Skills: Gula's insistence on appealing to strength combined with her volatile temper and her upbringing that encouraged those traits in her have all made her into someone who even has trouble socializing with fellow brutes and warlords.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Her dragon form is described as having multiple arms, a long body, and gills among other things. It can be described as something between an Eastern and Western dragon.
- One Winged Angel: When she activates all the dragon egg powers at once and takes on her dragon form.
- Playing With Fire: With her Egg of Dragon's Fire.
- Razor Wings: With her Egg of Dragon's Wings.
- Slap Slap Kiss: Gula's interactions with Adlerkrig generally consist of bickering followed by aggressive sex. She still insists that she Does Not Like Men.
- The Brute: Among the Fisherman's minions.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Curry. The hotter, the better, as she believes it makes her dragon fire stronger.
- Underestimating Badassery: What led to her first downfall, as her pride caused her to refuse to believe anyone could defeat her.
- When She Smiles: Gula's genuine smile is quite beautiful, but she's very self-conscious about reactions to it and generally prefers to scowl her way out of it or give a Slasher Smile instead.
NestorAn elf enemy Leck faced in the Scepter Arc, Nestor had the ability to use his body as a hive for magic insects he could perform spells with. His head was blown off by Leck's God Gun, but he was resurrected by the Fisherman to carry out the Fisherman's duty of capturing Leck for some purpose. Nestor is now an insectoid-elf hybrid creature, and his goal in allying with the Fisherman is to retake Hiberna. He also wants Raphael to suffer for being a Smug Snake towards him and shutting his plans down. Unfortunately, Nestor never truly got to achieve most of his dreams. He was brutally defeated by Leck after Nestor became the dungeon boss holding Leck's palace hostage, and ultimately would go down in history as an utter loser.
- Animal Motifs: Grasshoppers/Locusts, to reflect his greed.
- Berserk Button: Mentioning his dead parents.
- Co Dragons: With Raphael, Gula, and Adam to the Fisherman.
- Dark And Troubled Past: If how Wylo treated Mallory and Strella was any indication, we can assume that Nestor was subject to one of these as well due to being mentored by the evil sorceror. It may have been a factor in creating his self-loathing, suicidal side.
- Friend To Bugs: A rather villainous, twisted example.
- His Own Worst Enemy: Displayed a lot of self-loathing and even had thoughts about laying down on some train tracks before his stay in Tanyun dramatically increased his power and self-confidence. He still hates himself, though, but displays it in a more sarcastic manner.
- Not So Harmless Villain: Had a brief moment of not looking so harmless when he managed to defeat Mort and take over Leck's palace. Then it was revealed that the Fomorians mentally hijacked him to remind Leck of the consequences of his current strategy of ruling Hiberna. And then, Leck used his Eye...
- Small Name Big Ego: His attempts at anything resembling competence seem to have come across as this Until his assault on Leck's birthday party ended with a result that would put his side at the advantage.
- Took A Level In Badass: Took his first after the Fisherman resurrected him, becoming slightly more dangerous in theory but still a bit of a loser. He took another after managing to defeat Mort (indirectly leading to Mort's death) and being taken over by the magic of the Burned Heavens, transforming him further into a twisted bug dragon as Leck's palace transformed into a dungeon.
AdamA mysterious man recruited by the Fisherman. Not much is known about him other than his disdain for failure. Later on, we find out that he has the power to generate electricity and that he can also create life.
- Co Dragons: With Raphael, Nestor, and Gula to the Fisherman.
- Creating Life Is Bad: Adam can create lifeforms, including his own living laboratory. Adam is also quite evil.
- Frankensteins Monster: According to Word Of God, he resembles this.
- Jerk Ass: One of his first posts mentions him seeing the Fisherman situation as use-or-be-used, and has him smugly telling Raphael that it's no wonder his Heaven's gone because Raphael was smartly willing to admit that Leck isn't going to be an easy opponent to beat. He also seems to get pleasure out of breaking someone so much mentally that they want to die.
- Mad Scientist: Adam appears to prefer working in a laboratory setting, as seen when he sets up a personal base of operations in the remote country of Lieut. His preferred fields appear to be the life sciences and alchemy, as opposed to Adlerkrig's preferences for mechanical engineering and chemistry.
- Mind Manipulation: Adam is able to use his electricity powers to re-write the electrical signals between neurons in someone's brain and order them to do his bidding.
- Nice Hat: Adam wears a top hat.
- Shock And Awe: Adam can generate electricity, which he can use offensively as well as to hijack the signals in someone's brain.
Adlerkrig Von AusberkThe brutal, almost cartoonishly cruel Lord of the nation of Krighaus, a rogue country located in the same shard as Fyrherte and Urrdukstan. He is not a direct crewmate like Gula, Raphael, and Adam but instead someone the Fisherman has enlisted as a provider of manpower. He commands a large army complete with anti-magical flamethrowers and tanks.
- Animal Motifs: Bats, due to his spirit partner.
- White Stallions...Because Gula called him a "Stallion in bed".
- Bond Creature: Has an evil Deep Spirit, a bat he named Igor, that never leaves his side and provides him with a yet-to-be-seen magical ability.
- Card Carrying Villain: Adlerkrig takes pride in his wretchedness and provides his services with a smile. It's how he copes with the life he was born into and his attempt at trying to feel something about what he does.
- Conditioned To Accept Horror: When you come from a long line of noblemen who have to deal with dark spirits and cannibals on a regular basis, you become quite used to doing and seeing quite messed-up things from day to day.
- The Dreaded: He is one of the most feared people in his own shard. Even if he didn't provide the useful service of keeping even worse people at bay, very few factions in-shard are willing to confront him directly. When Leck bought the captured nation of Lieut Adlerkrig had offered up for sale and told Honora about it, Honora reacted with panic and assumed that Adlerkrig was playing some kind of dirty trick.
- Dystopia Justifies The Means: Part of his reasoning for joining the Fisherman is so that he can have a world where he and his army are allowed to stomp all over anything they feel like. Basically, he wants free reign to be able to test his innovative and disturbing weapons on living targets.
- Friends With Benefits: Possibly inverted, in the case of him and Gula. They seem to dislike one another, and are implied to engage in hate-sex when their bickering gets especially violent. Gula's views on their relationship are more frequently displayed, but the few comments from Adlerkrig when he has addressed their relationship seem to indicate that what he feels towards Gula, whatever it may be, is one of the few things he still feels altogether.
- Inbred And Evil: He openly behaves like a typical dark lord from a fantasy novel and his family tree was outright described as being more like a bush or a tumbleweed. Not to mention that his last name is derived from and meant to somewhat sound like Habsburg.
- Mad Artist: Displays petrified dissenters of his country like sickening works of art.
- Maddened Into Misanthropy: It has been steadily suggested that perhaps, at one point in his life, that Adlerkrig wasn't quite the twisted man we know of in the present. It appears that a combination of seeing what the neighboring cannibals do, gaining a taste for war, and prolonged exposure to Igor have all warped Adlerkrig into the man he is now.
- Mad Scientist: He designed a lot of the disturbing weaponry he hoards in his castle.
- Private Military Contractors: Every Dark Lord of Krighaus, by definition, is something akin to a PMC.
- Wax Museum Morgue: He has a fantastical equivalent to one (people petrified and mangled through the use of a flammable substance he refers to as "Silverwood Fire") on display in front of his dark castle.
- Too Kinky To Torture: Adlerkrig has clear masochist tendencies, but more specifically towards Gula when she smacks him for poking fun at her or doing something else that gets on her nerves. He obviously LOVES it when Gula gets physical towards him. He also wears a lot of leather...
- We Can Rule Together: He offered such a proposal to Gula sometime before the Wrath of Urrdukstan arc but she declined for obvious reasons. Gula will generally consider him an exception to her general misandry, but sharing power with a man is not something she willingly does.
Mordred 'Mort' Spiegel
"The Fool"A cherub from the universe of Webcomic/Homestuck, but who often wears a was raised as a human. As their powers increased, they became aware of the twin sides of their conscience, who he called !! and ii, each trying to become the dominant personality. Mort grew up in a monastery, where they were raised by their Warden who taught them to fight in preparation for their Sburb session, but was exiled to the Crossroads after killing another player.
- Animal Motifs: Is associated with Dragons, being a big fan of the creatures and even styling his hair into a pair of horns. They're occasionally also associated with worms
- Ambiguous Gender: Mort...Well, the less we say about how Mort's plumbing actually works, the better. To keep it simple, they are hermaphroditic and can have either male or female traits depending on their mood. Mort is generally seen as male by the other characters, though, and doesn't object to 'he' pronouns being applied to them.
- Blood Knight: Admitted that fighting was one of the only things that made him feel alive, and was always up for a friendly spar. Considering most of his life was learning to fight in preparation for his session, Mort feels as if fighting is the only thing that gives them worth.
- Character Death: Fell into the Gears of the World after being defeated by Nestor. Even if some part of Mort manages to be retrieved from them, Mort, as we know him, is gone forever.
- Cringe Comedy: Seems to enjoy this form of humor, despite being a frequent target of it.
- The Collector: Has a fascination with gathering things to their "Horde" mainly focusing on weapons and unusual items Their past self took things up a notch by collecting people, though no one is quite sure why
- Duality Motif: Is an embodiment of this, and is also obsessed with the concept of duality.
- Fusion Dance: Can merge things together, either in their entirety or just part of their aspects. He can also fuse with others or absorb them if he so chooses.
- Good Angel Bad Angel: ii and !! can be seen as this, though 'good' maybe isn't the best word to describe ii as opposed to 'orderly'.
- Hates Being Alone: Since growing up in isolation and being ejected from their session and left to drift through the furthest ring, they've developed a crippling fear of being alone
- Meaningful Name: Is named after Mordred, the knight that betrayed King Arthur, and was exiled from their game session for killing their leader so he could ascend to God Tier.
- My Greatest Failure: See Trusting Anshar- and the war and death that resulted as being their fault, especially as the Warden had always warned them against giving in to their emotions
- Official Couple: With Princess Honora until Mort died.
- Pungeon Master: Has dropped more than enough lame puns.
- Tarot Motifs: Represented The Fool, being naive, enthusiastic, silly, and full of potential. They also had a habit of standing on high edges.
"!!"One half of the cherub that became Mort and later Azoth. He has a highly focused and serious personality and wishes to throw a revolution, changing the universe into one of perfect order and harmony.
- Bare Fisted Monk: In contrast to his sister who fights with varied and overwhelming weaponry, he usually fights with martial arts or Ki Attacks.
- Energy Absorption: Can absorb all forms of energy and use it to make himself stronger. This varies from absorbing thermal energy to put out fires, kinetic energy to stop attacks, or even absorbing the life/soul energy out of another living being.
- Energy Donation: He can donate his own energy or the energy he's absorbed into other creatures. He can also use this ability to give super-powers and abilities between people.
- Energy Weapon: Favors forming his energy into glowing red chains. He can control how rigid and destructive they are, sometimes using them as glowing swords that can gut through matter, and other times simply using them to restrain opponents.
- Harmony Versus Discipline: Sides with Discipline, believing that his role is to change the world around him for the better no matter what.
- Life Drain: Can use this to power himself up of transfer powers between different people by draining their energy.
- Not So Above It All: Likes to portray himself at more responsible than his sister, but can quickly get drawn into her more childish actions. They sometimes come to the same conclusions, even if their methodology differs.
- Order Versus Chaos: Is firmly on the side of Order, being calm, dependable, and a leader, but also merciless and self-righteous
- Pure Energy: His Power is to create and absorb energy, usually in the form of Ki Attacks and Life Energy
- Sibling Yin Yang: Is Controlled, Focused, and Thoughtful compared to his Wild, Flighty, and Impulsive sister.
"ii"One half of the cherub that became Mort and later Azoth. She's flirty, exuberant, and energetic, but a bit callous. She often acts on her whims without second-guessing, which can lead to trouble for those around her, but she has a good heart... or at least she claims to.
- Harmony Versus Discipline: Believes in going with the flow and following her own untamed desires and instincts, making her more Harmonious than her brother.
- Multi Melee Master: Fights with a wide range of weapons, switching them up mid-fight.
- Order Versus Chaos: Sides heavily with Chaos, focused primarily on emotions, freedom, and living in the moment, but also overindulgence, selfishness.
- Psychopathic Manchild: The only thing she cares about is having a good time, and she doesn't seem to care how it affects anyone else. She also has an extremely fragile ego and is prone to throwing a fit when she doesn't get her way.
- Shapeshifting: Even though her true form in a cherub, she spends most of her time disguised as a dark-skinned human. Her powers are also the source of Azoth's shapeshifting ability
- Sibling Yin Yang: Is Extroverted, Energetic, and Emotional compared to her Introverted, Quiet, and Stoic brother.
- Split Personality: Is one half of Azoth's mind, existing in contrast with her brother Illuvant.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: Can create any weapon from her black "Meta-Materi." The more simple the object the faster she can create it. Basic spikes take seconds, something as complex as a gun might take minutes.
- Storm Of Blades: Her ultimate attack "Bad Rain" creates clouds of Meta Material to rain weapons on her opponents
- The Power Of Creation: Has the power to create matter, primarily in the form of a jet black "meta-material" she can shit the properties of at will
Desidre "Deci" StormriderA former Demonic Emissary who was fought and reincarnated by Mort. She decided to stick by him as his Emissary and right-hand mare, and after Azoth's death now leads the Sanctuary. She takes the form of a purple anthropomorphic mare with a mane of large ringlets and two sharp horns. Before she became a Demonic Emissary, she was just an Umbran girl fighting for survival in a dying world. That's when she first met Zoe and pledged her eternal loyalty.
- Ambadassador: Claims that "Violence is just another method of diplomacy". She's fine resolving things peacefully but is more than capable of defending herself if need be.
- Chessmaster Sidekick: She's more than competent in her own right, able to handle diplomacy, subterfuge, and holding her own in combat. She seems to know how Mort's powers work and how to enhance them! After Mort's death, she was able to take over running the Sanctuary without missing a beat.
- Cute Little Fangs: Despite looking like an anthropomorphic pony, she has clearly sharp teeth and has been seen eating meat before.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her preferred fashion style
- I Will Find You: Even past reincarnations and different worlds, she and Mort always seem to find one another.
- Married To The Job: She's working so hard running the Sanctuary that she rarely has a chance to get out and relax. She's trying to change this, however.
- Noodle Incident: Was once caught making out with one of the statues in the Sanctuary. She declines to say why and or ever speak of the incident afterward
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: As an Umbran she's a Humanoid Alien who's been fused with a Nature Spirit. In Deci's case a hurricane horse spirit. She can shift from fully equine to fully humanoid form at will and usually lands somewhere in-between.
- Regal Ringlets: Goes with her more refined role and an ambassador and Emissary. Is by far the member of the sanctuary most at home in high society.
- Shear Menace: Scissors are her weapon of choice, from small and sharp ones hidden in her skirt to a set large enough to function as dual blades.
- Undying Loyalty: Since Zoe protected her when she was a young girl, she swore to always stand at her side. Apparently, this also applies to Zoe later incarnations Mort and Azoth. Even after being turned into a Demon, being reincarnated, and Mort falling through the gears of the World her loyalty has never wavered.
Amber HandThe brash, aloof breadwinner of the Hand family, Amber tries his best to keep the only living relatives he has alive, happy, and safe.
- Bizarre Taste In Food: Prefers his food with orange rinds and other citrus flavors.
- Bookworm: Is this, surprisingly.
- Broken Ace: Amber is a talented fighter, an expert at solving demon and spirit related problems, and seemingly capable of going anywhere without much trouble. But he's also been conditioned to believe his life has no meaning, there's no point in love, and he has to do whatever it takes to keep those with worthwhile lives safe.
- Character Development: Seems to go through this a lot as time goes on.
- Court Mage: Was raised to act as this and the advisor for the next generation of Amberian royalty.
- Dark And Troubled Past: Lets see... His mother was taken away from him at a young age, he was sold into slavery by the church that was supposed to be raising him, when he got back he had roughly a few years before his entire kingdom fell around him, at which point he was magically bound- body and soul- to his brother, who, at the time, hated his guts, and after spending years with his brother and finally making an emotional bond to him, his brother is ripped away from him, sending Amber on a several thousand-year long journey to find him, only to learn that all the bonding he did with his brother was ultimately reversed due to Trauma Induced Amnesia. Needless to say, his Dark And Troubled Past also counts as Trauma Conga Line
- Dual Wielding: Is training to summon two swords at once. However, summoning a second sword seems to drain his energy quickly.
- Diary: Keeps a journal for documenting his travels. Usually only describes places he's been and the thoughts those places make him feel, on-top of some minor things he's done.
- High Priest: Was this to the Amberian faith, though was essentially a figurehead.
- Hope Is Scary: Combine with Insecure Love Interest for why he might not consider admitting his feelings, especially when it comes to Princess Honora.
- Faith Heelturn: While Amber isn't exactly evil, it's clear he no longer follows his own faith and hasn't since he was a child, despite being the technical leader of that faith. After giving up on it, it's clear he's become a lot more aggressive and cruel. But he's mellowed out over the years.
- Machete Mayhem: While he calls it a sword, there's no denying that Amber's magical weapon is nothing more than a machete made of energy.
- Prince Charmless: Technically this, due to being King Jurimagne's son
- Really Royalty Reveal: After Amber's trip with Ocelot back to his homeworld,both he and Ocelot learned he is actually the son of King Jurimagne, ruler of Amberia back when it was around.
- Same Surname Means Related: Played with. While all of the Hand family share the same surname, they may not all be related by blood. Due to the differences in skin-color, hair-color, eye-color, and upbringing, it may be possible that none of them are related by actual genes.
- Scary Teeth: Is described as very sharp, intimidating teeth.
- Sibling Rivalry: Had this with Emerald, once upon a time. Now he worries less about being his brother's better, and more about how to keep his brother safe.
Emerald HandThe kinder, cheerier brother of Amber who lost his memories after becoming one of Mort's Masked Ones, roughly several thousand years ago.
- Dual Wielding: Could do this at one point, according to Amber.
- High Priest: Was this to the Emeraldian faith. Played a much more active role than Amber, due to differences between the two churches, but was ultimately just a figurehead.
- Machete Mayhem: Similarly to Amber, uses a machete made of magical energy as a weapon.
- Mamas Baby Papas Maybe: It's unclear how Amber and Emerald are related. We know Amber's father is King Jurimagne, but Emerald looks nothing like either Amber or the king.
- Trauma Induced Amnesia: Seems to have gotten this after becoming one of Azoth's masked-ones, several thousand years ago.
Ruby HandThe cool, hip cousin of Amber and Emerald, and also a master blacksmith. Was once a cat, but through the power of magic, was restored to his human form.
- High Priest: Was this to the Rubian faith. Less of a figurehead due to caring more about black-smithing than his religious duties, but still technically lead the church.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: Ruby is this to a "T". Capable of not only working with materials he's just seen, but also using those materials to make weapons that can be summoned from someone's soul, and equips those weapons with their own Hammerspace.
Sapphire HandThe snarky, pessimistic brother of Ruby. A psychic who prefers staying in his dark room playing video games, Sapphire rarely socializes with others. Was once dead. He got better.
- Artificial Human: After his brush with death, Sapphire was rebuilt by his brother and cousins. Though the body is functionally the same as his original, and it looks exactly as he did when he was alive, there's no denying that he's a human made of magic flesh.
- First Episode Resurrection: He was first introduced as a spirit Amber had to bring to the Crossroads from another world's afterlife. After that, Amber, Ruby, and Emerald spend a good chunk of time rebuilding his body from scratch.
- High Priest: Was this to the Sapphiran faith. He was actually pretty good at it until the four kingdoms fell to an unknown army.
Thirteen DeathOne of the thirteen Death Gods of the Shifting Ruins. He was originally an ordinary human child, who died and was adopted by Shashakudu, Dark God of Monsters. Something happened in the past and now Thirteen hates Shashakudu, his adopted brother Cutty, and wants to create a new age with his Death God powers.
- Berserk Button: He doesn't like people hurting his friends.
- Blood Knight: Thirteen appears to enjoy killing people, though he's not above sending one of his minions to off someone for him.
- Destroyer Deity: Thirteen Death has an immense amount of destructive power under his belt, and isn't afraid to use it. Just ask someone from one of the countries in Honora's shard that he shot up with orbital strikes. His goal is also to destroy the Shifting Ruins' Fourth Sun and bring about a Fifth.
- Savage Piercings: Thirteen comes from a Mayincatec world, and has huge gauges in his ears. He also has a pierced snake tongue.
- Skeleton Motif: His armor looks like an astronaut's outfit covered with these.
- Techno Wizard: Thirteen is quite capable with technology and can easily build robots and repair his Portalers without breaking a sweat. He also hacked into the Dawn Queen's interfaces and had a chat with her.
- True Companions: For all his villainy, Thirteen seems to care a lot about his Portalers, treating them well, getting upset when they're hurt, and regarding them as his friends.
The First Sun:A Portaler of the set of twelve, currently in Amber's (see folder "The Hand Family") possession. She resembles a curvy humanoid with an ether sun for a head.
- Cute Machines: The First Sun is a pleasant, visually appealing robot with a kind personality.
- Expositron 9000: She explains a lot of things about the Shifting Ruins to Amber.
- Happy Ending Massage: This is heavily implied to be one of her purposes and abilities outside opening portals. This is played for laughs.
- Hartman Hips: The fact that she is a robot with a fantastic booty is played for laughs and for Amber's torment.
The Parrot:A bird man-like Portaler originally owned by Liz, left at her parents' house, and then given to Zero as a gift. He helps around the house and baby-sits Liz and Zero's kids from time to time.
- Verbal Tic: "WRRAWK!" is added to the ends of his sentences at times.
- Voice Changeling: This is one of his abilities aside from creating portals.
The Pouchmonkey:A Portaler owned by Thirteen, resembling an opossum-like animal from his shard. It was encountered when Thirteen captured Gula and Operator B, Adam, and Adlerkrig set out to rescue her.
- Hammerspace: Pouchmonkey exploits its portaling abilities to hide weapons like rockets, bullets, and other projectiles.
- Rubber Man: The Pouchmonkey can stretch its limbs and tail to absurd lengths.
The Buffalo Boar:A Portaler owned by Thirteen, resembling a pig-like animal from his shard. It presides over a large library of Ether Scrolls.
- Messy Pig: Averted. This pig bot plays off of a pig's intelligence rather than a pig's voracious appetite or messiness. The Buffalo Boar keeps its library very clean.
- Pig Man: It looks like a humanoid pig with big tusks and shaggy fur.
- Super Intelligence: The Buffalo Boar is very smart, probably the smartest of the Portalers.
- Breath Weapon: The Quetzal often attacks by shooting a large red beam of Hot Ether from its mouth.
- Our Dragons Are Different: It resembles a large, metallic Quetzalcoatl.
- People Puppets: Her String Ether gives her the ability to use this.
- Pyramid Power: She has headgear resembling a Mayan pyramid and possesses the powerful ability to use telekinesis, aka String Ether.
- Razor Floss: The Pyramid's String Ether lets her cut people with telekinetic strings.
The Green Corn:The Portaler currently under the guardianship of Nikki Eld. She resembles a young girl with corn husks for hair.
- Cute Mute: She looks like a little girl and communicates through drawings and gestures because she can't speak.
- Plant Hair: Her hair looks like it is made of corn husks.
- Terraform: Green Corn has the ability to do this over a limited radius.
The Lesser Moon:A spherical, white Portaler about the size of a large beach ball. It is owned by Lord Ten Wyvern, one of the lords of the Ishten Empire.
Boatguy/Ferryman/GilA mysterious entity that, at first, followed around and gave vague advice to Leck. Now he follows around and gives not-so-vague insults to Azoth. His goals are largely unknown, aside from keeping cosmic balance. He seems to dip his fingers into every form of transportation, ranging from small boats to large airships.
- I Have Many Names: Boatguy, Planeguy, Balloonguy, Ferryman, Gil, Fishmonger, Artificer... Implied to have many, many more. It's anyone's guess as to what Boatguy's real name or official title is, and he doesn't correct people who give him new nicknames.
- Multiple Choice Past: There are a potentially infinite number of Boatguys running about doing various things. They all come from different dimensions, different timelines, different points in the same time. Due to this, Boatguy isn't sure he has one origin, nor does he care.
- Otherworldlyand Sexually Ambiguous: Considering the nature of Boatguy's existence, nobody is actually sure on if they're male, female, neither, or both. Due to his Multiple Choice Past , and non-chalance on the subject, even Boatguy isn't sure. Most people just default to he/him pronouns, and Boatguy never corrects them.
- The Faceless: Boatguy is always wearing a cloak and cowl. Nobody has ever seen his face, though Azoth almost got a glimpse of it after they landed on Sawanh.
- The Ferryman: I mean, it's in the name. He helps people both literally and figuratively get over their issues, seeking to give blunt, sensible advice to the less sensible characters. However, he also gives them vague warnings or merely just tells them his opinion.
The CosmosA string of dimensions separate from The Crossroads. Boatguy, The Fisherman, the Trio of Desperation and the Trio of Powers all come from here. Despite being a location, it has been stated to employ people, suggesting a form of sapience.
Him/Unnamed GodWas an all powerful deity born in Sawanh. Is now a corpse that has been split up and scattered about both its own cosmos and The Crossroads. Its emotions live on in The Room.
The ArtisanTHE Master of Qi, a man with no sense of modern style, who strides around like a musketeer. Supposedly lived on Sawanh many, many, maaany years ago. Has trained every qi user except for Leck, Shaunti, and Lassen.
The BeggarThe Master of Alma, a man shrouded in about as much mystery and vagueness as Boatguy. Really just a crass old man who begs for money, despite being a powerful enough wizard to earn it.
The BishopA joyous blind woman who lives on Sawanh, and is supposedly holy. Is friends with both The Artisan and The Beggar.
Operator AAn angelic and mothering woman with the power to create things at will. Sister to Operators B and C.
Operator BAn ambigously gendered cat person. Shrouds their face in shadows, letring only their mischievous smile and soulless eyes peak out. Not a very pleasant or friendly person to be around, but cherishes their friends, even if only in private.
Operator C/CeeThe first Operator to ever appear. Operator C prefers not to be seen by anyone but his best friend, Locke. He acts like a small child, around 11 or twelve, and his appearance matches. However, it's clear he's hiding something. Avoids his siblings due to their relationship with The Fisherman.
ShadeA shadow-creature who started out as an antagonist, but had a Heel Face Turn and provided some much-needed assistance during the Neo Witch-Lords arc. Currently, Shade is most often seen hanging out with Eirwen, either on the beach or at her lighthouse.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: When he goes out in public, as Eirwen's friend Odette.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Post- Heel Face Turn.
- Eldritch Abomination: Is a shape-shifting shadow with maddening red eyes.
- Heel Face Turn: Had one after devouring the mind of an honorable hero.
- Odd Friendship: With Eirwen. They're both redeemed antagonists, but are somewhat of a strange pair regardless.
- Red Eyes Take Warning: Is a very dangerous and powerful being with distinctive red eyes.
- Shape Shifting: One of Shade's more frequently-used powers.
MaryA woman created from an alternate personality of Mort's that was implanted by Shade during Shade's time as a villain, as well as remnants of another character's sister. She acts as Shade's and a redeemed and aged-down Red's adoptive mother, and is an herbalist by trade. Recently, she's sought extra employment at Le Chevalier, the Death Knight Catosphrious's cafe.
- Beware The Nice Ones: Rarely, if ever, raises her voice or drops her smile, but in her short time has accomplished magical feats mort never came close to, including telekinetically lifting an entire parking garage!
- Fusion Dance: Is a merger between half of Mort and a Kirin. She seems to have the memories, personality traits, and powers of them both. She can shift between humanoid and kirin form at will.
- Good Parents: To Red and Shade.
- House Wife: Essentially acts like one despite not being married. However, Sarah (the little girl Shade pretended to be) is confirmed to have had a father that Mary was married to.
- Marshmallow Hell: Innocently inflicts this on Red from time to time, usually with a complaint from him that he's suffocating.
- Moon Rabbit: Her ability to float, her crystalline horns resembling rabbit ears, and her herbalist profession (which requires a mortar and pestle) are meant to reflect this.
- Power Floats: Has powers similar to Mort's due to being created from him, and floats rather than walks a lot of the time.
- Tarot Motifs: Holds the Arcana of The Moon. She has many different selves, or faces, can cast powerful illusions and evokes a Moon Rabbit with her appearance
Anna NoelleOriginally a demonically empowered hell knight after several retools and her years in the Crossroads she's mellowed out.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Enjoyed combat a little too much during her debut. She's gained a lot more self-control since then, but it doesn't mean she still doesn't enjoy a good fight.
- Genius Loci: One of her forms may count as this.
The Dawn QueenA mysterious woman in magical armor who has returned to the Burned Heavens, claiming to be not only the true ruler of Hiberna, but the rest of the Burned Heavens as well. She is a powerful authority figure who originates from the shard's early history, the time before the heavens burned.
- Ambiguously Evil: Once Jinn O'Sunderer has a face-to-face talk with her, she proves to come across as far more reasonable and noble than the lunatic Sylvar portrayed her as. Her motivation appears to be to "honor her family" or something along those lines and she has yet to cross any serious lines into being anything more than an antagonist who is as such because her world can't coexist with what the Burned Heavens is now.
- God Save Us From The Queen: Some people who don't agree with her mission to restore the pre-burning heavens see her this way; especially Sylvar, who not only regards her as completely evil, but dangerously stupid and unable to realize the possible consequences of her actions.
- Pragmatic Villainy: The Dawn Queen is probably among the most subtle and most pragmatic of the villains that have appeared so far in the roleplay. She has yet to commit any major atrocities and her motivations appear to be rather benign. Really, the only reason she is categorized as a villain is because her goals simply happen to run counter to those of the main player characters. She wants as many to join her cause as possible, so to come across as malevolent from the get-go would be detrimental to her goals.
- The Extremist Was Right: With all of Sylvar's ranting about her intentions to warp the world into something he believes it shouldn't be, it can be hard to recognize that she's actually trying to return the Burned Heavens to their previous state, a magitech utopia world. Whether the pre-burning heavens were that much better than the adventure-friendly dungeon world they are now is up for interpretation, but she is in fact correct in her assertion that she can make the world into an (arguably) better place.
- The High Queen: She styles herself as this.
- Utopia Justifies The Means: Her mindset, for sure. It doesn't matter to her how many perfectly happy people and lives she tramples over if it means restoring the heavens to how they were before they burned (Naturally, though, she would prefer not to harm such large numbers of people if possible). This is also a reason why Sylvar despises her because he is fully aware of the kinds of things she will need to do in order to achieve her goals.
Kudzu "Cutty" the GnollA gnoll from the same shard Liz (See folder "The Capital" for more details) came from. He is quite dim-witted and inexperienced, but wants to become a hero like those in the story books his older sisters read to him when he was a pup. He lives on a goat farm out in the jungle known as the Gnollwoods, a secluded place even compared to Liz's rural hometown.
- Divine Parentage: Cutty's father is Shashakudu, the Dark God of Monsters of the Shifting Ruins.
- Fangs Are Evil: Justified, and Averted. Cutty has longer and more visible fangs than the typical gnoll, but is a good soul through and through.
- Farm Boy: Cutty grew up on a goat farm with his sisters.
- The Hero Dies: Cutty, one of the central protagonists of the Thirteen Death Arc, dies from a god-killing knife wound after helping to defeat Thirteen Death's forces in New Ishte.
- Idiot Hero: He wants more than anything else to be heroic, and lots of things fly over his head before his character development.
- Literal Minded: He has a hard time understanding figurative speech.
- Man Child: Cutty has a very naive idea of what being a hero actually means, and bases his persona off of the heroes he heard about in stories as a child. He can seem a bit immature, despite being a legal adult.
- Nice Guy: Cutty is rather slow and has poor social skills, but is genuinely kind and will help anyone who needs it.
- No Social Skills: Cutty has a hard time understanding life outside of his secluded, goat-farming upbringing. He comes across as charming, sure, but also very dim-witted and socially unaware.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Downplayed. Though the gnolls of his setting are famed for their toughness in combat, Cutty merely sings the praises of the legendary Imperial Gnoll Rangers (his setting's Fantasy Counterpart Culture to Gurkhas) while only being about average in martial skill. When faced with even a friendly duel with Azoth, he got beat pretty quickly.
- Red Eyes Take Warning: Defied, thoroughly. He has red eyes that look quite threatening, but unless he's truly put in a life-threatening situation he's basically as harmless as can be.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: All gnolls can do this to an extent, but Cutty has enhanced ability due to his father being his setting's Dark God of Monsters.
- Summon Magic: His divine parentage has given him the ability to call the local monstrous beasts to him for protection when his life is threatened. He cannot quite control this, as demonstrated in his friendly duel with Azoth in which Azoth's sword being pointed at his throat caused him to yelp and inadvertently summon some monsters to his aid.
- Team Chef: Cutty isn't the smartest gnoll around, but he's certainly a genius in the kitchen. He tends to thank people who have helped him with a food-based reward.
- Token Heroic Orc: Subverted. Gnolls might generally be evil in other settings, but in the Shifting Ruins they have no more of a tendency to be good or evil than anyone else. Most gnolls we've seen, in fact, lean towards good.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Growing up on a goat farm and being of a primarily carnivorous species, Cutty's favorite food is goat meat. His favorite way to have it prepared is barbecued, in a similar way to real-life cabrito.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Well, greenish-brown fur tinged with black spots, when otherwise Gnolls come in warmer browns, grays, and white.