The cast of Mica: Apoptosis and associated tropes.
Princess Micaiah"What will I ever do without you, Lenine?"
The owner of a grand mansion, a graceful young lady with psychic powers who created a safe haven for people after the world has been overrun by "Things". All the people in the castle recognise her as their saviour.
- The Ace: Regarded as this for her magical abilities, which help to protect her and the rest of her servants from the Things. She's considered a lovely, polite, and generous girl. The only thing she can't do is harm another person with her powers, which both works against her and in her favor...
- Ax-Crazy: ...because it keeps her from letting this side of herself out. Though her being this trope is mostly implied as of yet.
- Berserk Button: Her reaction when Lenine questions how someone who sleeps as much as she does isn't incredibly fat is something to behold.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: For a silly, slightly airheaded princess, she is pretty good at what she does.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Occasionally.
- Cute and Psycho: The scene where she kills several Things in anger even though they can't really hurt her really hits this aspect of her personality home.
- Dissonant Serenity: She smiles gracefully when she massacres the Things that killed her friends.
- The Ojou
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches her ankles.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: In Chapter 2, she kills many Things as revenge for Sylvia.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Micaiah can't hurt another person, but the Things look sufficiently non-human for her to massacre several of them out of rage. The narrative portrays her lack of concern as being particularly disturbing.
- White-Haired Pretty Girl: Has mystical whitish purple hair, and psychic powers.
Lenine"Princess can you not."
Princess Micaiah's personal attendant, a serious young man who contrasts her aloof, floaty attitude. While he can be deadpan at times, he very much values Micaiah and is extremely loyal to her.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Has a (downplayed) moment of this in one of his flashbacks involving Euphy. When she expresses pity for him because he's an orphan, his response is that it feels a bit like an insult.
- Servile Snarker: Albeit far more snarky to the other servants than he is to the Princess, but he still has elements of this.
- Surrounded by Idiots: When Micaiah goes into his room in Chapter 2 and reads one of his journal entries, he directly refers to the incompetence of the other castle servants as the reason he's Micaiah's right-hand man. Her amused reaction implies that she agrees, of course.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: While he isn't particularly dangerous, if you ever threaten Micaiah, he will swear to end you.
- Waistcoat of Style: Wears a cool black waistcoat.
Mika Himeya"I wish the Devil himself will just take over this world."
Mika is a young girl who has been captured by the Corrupt Church for her powers. Because of it, she has become very resentful and bitter.
- Ax-Crazy: Officially this as of Chapter 3. If it weren't for the divine punishment fiasco, she would have become a mass murderer by now.
- Mika might have commited murder, but she did so in self-defense against someone who was strangling her, so whether or not she qualifies as being genuinely Ax-Crazy is still a bit speculative.
- Break the Cutie: Leading to...
- Broken Ace: Somewhat. She was regarded by the other members of her village as the Goddess incarnate because she could use her magic powers to heal villagers. She only became broken after the villagers discovered she wasn't as much of an Ace as they thought.
- Cherry Blossom Girl: At least, in the past, before she got kidnapped by the Church. She used to wear pink and purple, her name means "truthful flower", she has healing powers, loves Dynasty, and is a borderline Yamato Nadeshiko.
- Playing with Fire: She sets things on fire quite frequently in Chapter 3, including two books, two doors, and an entire corridor.
- Precocious Crush: Has one on Dynasty.
- Why Did You Make Me Hit You?: Her first response to killing Tamora.
- Take into account that Tamora had tried to KILL Mika, so this is not a completely unreasonable reaction.
- Yandere: For Dynasty.
- Note that there is a certain degree of speculation on this one: Tamora was certainly trying to take Dynasty away from Mika, but the whole murder fiasco only ocurred because Tamora was STRANGLING Mika. Whether or not she would actually have resorted to violence if Tamora hadn't made an attempt on her life is dubious at best.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: She is obsessed with potions, experiments, and blowing things up. This is Played for Laughs.
- Curtains Match the Window
- French Maid: More of the cute variety rather than sexy.
- Genki Girl
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Purple Eyes
- Manchild: Seriously, which 20-year-old tries to chomp on a piece of plastic fruit?
Rothwell (Mysterious Boy)
- Cheerful Child: At least, before his father was brutally murdered.
- Blinding Bangs: His eyes are not shown.
- Break the Cutie: The Church killing his father led him to become lost and depressed.
- Last-Name Basis: Only his last name (Rothwell) is known as of yet. This has led to speculation that he is actually a younger Lenine, and that his full name is Lenine Rothwell.
- Badass Long Robe
- Blinding Bangs
- Chick Magnet: Too bad he seems to be more of a Yandere magnet.
- Fiery Redhead
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He has long hair, and is a huge Chick Magnet.
- Mistaken for Pedophile: Tsukino seems to suspect he is getting close to Mika because of this.
- Redhead In Green
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
Priestess Tamora Salvador
- Asshole Victim: While she didn't necessarily deserve to die, she was terrible to everyone she speaks to, allegedly poisoned Dai and ruined his reputation, and tried to strangle Mika. It's also not impossible that the plague that hit the village was somehow engineered by her. If true, that would mean that she sacrificed many innocent people just so that Dynasty wouldn't believe in Mika's divine gift anymore amd stopped liking the girl. It's hard to feel sorry for her.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- My Beloved Smother: She seems to be one to her son, Castor, where she makes him follow her whims.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: She seems to be this to Cardinal Salvador, who captured Mika as a result of his wife's murder.
- Yandere: Depending on how you interpret her actions, but she does skirt dangerously close to one.
Castor SalvadorTamora's teenage son, who appears as an adult in the introduction sequence, supervising an execution.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: She is the only character to wear a suit, and she takes no nonsense from anyone, not even Castor.
Euphony "Euphy"A little girl whom a young Lenine once helped get home. They became fast friends after. Euphy is five years younger than Lenine.
Anyu"But the Messiah does exist. The son of the Goddess - the real one, that is..."
A mysterious cloaked figure who enters the castle one day, who claims to be the Messiah.
- Big Bad: Of Micaiah's chapters.
- In the Hood
- Playing with Fire: Anyu's main powers are centered around setting just about everything on fire. They corner Micaiah this way in Chapter 2.
- Obviously Evil
Salvador (The Cardinal)The leader of the Church who held Mika captive.
- Big Bad: Of Mika's chapters.