open/close all folders
WARNING: UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD!
Zero and Friends
Zyro Kurogane (Zero Kurogane)The main character of Beyblade Zero-G. He wields Samurai Ifrit W145CFnote (given to him by Gingka Hagane seven years ago when he was a kid) in battle.
- Expy: of Gingka Hagane from the previous series, fulfilling the same role. Becomes more prominent later on when Gingka himself enters the scene.
- The Hero: The primary protagonist of the series.
- Hot-Blooded: Has quite the fiery disposition.
- Kill It with Fire: Samurai Ifrit is a Fire-elemental bey.
- Our Spirits Are Different: His motif, an Ifrit, is a spirit in Arabic/Islamic mythology which is often portrayed as evil although not all were.
- Samurai: His other motif; the Ifrit wears Samurai armor and wields a fiery sword.
- Signature Move: Burning Uppercut: Ifrit circles the stadium at high speeds, creating a cyclone dragging the opposing Beyblade in before bursting into flames, crashing into the opponents Beyblade at full force and uppercutting.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His name is spelt with a "y" in the dub.
Shinobu HiryūinZyro's first rival and later one of his closest friends. Wields Ninja Salamander SW145SD note .
- Animal Motifs: Salamanders, both the mythical creature and the real reptile.
- Expy: Of Kyoya Tategami from the previous series, sharing a Friendly Rival status with The Hero.
- Friendly Rival: To Zyro.
- Kill It with Fire: Like Samurai Ifrit, Ninja Salamander is a fire-elemental bey.
- The Lancer: Zyro's close and friendly rival, acting as his second-in-command against Dark Nebula and remaining the calm to Zyro's firey personality.
- Master of Illusion: Phantom Fire Shot uses the "phenomenon of after-images" to give the illusion that it has multiplied.
- Ninja: Or Shinobi for that matter; his Salamander has this motif.
- The Rival: The first one to beat Zyro, and later on the first one to befriend him.
- Signature Move: Phantom Fire Shot. Later on, he replaces it with Blazing Ring Shot.
Eight Unabara (Eito Unabara)Kite's younger brother, and the second major character to be battled. Loves skateboarding. His bey is Pirate Orochi 145D note .
- Cool Big Bro: Views Kite as this.
- Hypocrite: During Kite's battle against Takanosuke, he accused the latter of cheating simply for evading his brother's attacks but considers his brother using a Synchrome in the same battle to be fair, despite having the huge advantage of using two Warrior Wheels.
- Orochi: His bey motif.
- Making a Splash: Pirate Orochi is a Water-elemental bey.
- Tagalong Kid: For Zyro and co.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Kite UnabaraEito's older brother, and the only one in the main group that consistently wears glasses. Wields Guardian Leviathan 160SB note .
- Big Brother Instinct: Kite is very protective of his younger brother.
- Leviathan: His bey motif.
- Making a Splash: Guardian Leviathan, like Pirate Orochi, is a Water-elemental bey.
- The Smart Guy: Views himself as this. He also exhibits traits associated with this role (calculations, spectacles, not believing "unscientific" things, etc)
- The Worf Effect: He starts off as a very skilled blader who was able to nullify Zyro's signature technique but much like Eight, he has lost a lot more often (outside of using Synchromes) and now has the worst win record of the team, yes, even worse than his brother (though only just).
Ren KurenaiThe light-hearted, smile-generous Blader girl of the team. Wields Thief Phoenix E230GCF note .
- Action Girl: A Downplayed Trope with her less than impressive win record, but at least she got to beat her rival Genjuro in a re-match.
- The Chick
- Expy: Of Hikaru Hasama from the prior series, sharing the subtle undertones of Faux Action Girl and both wearing hotpants (although Hikaru switches to a business suit ensemble later).
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: the blond-haired Ren is one of the most pleasant members of the group, and possibly the cast.
- Kill It with Fire: Same deal as Salamander and Ifrit.
- Phoenix: Her bey motif.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Ren does.
MaruMadoka's disciple and bey mechanic.
Takanosuke ShishiyaThe first major recurring independent Blader to be introduced into the series, Takanosuke has a fiery disposition. When Sakyo is later introduced, he becomes Sakyo's' tag-along partner. Wields Archer Griffin C145S note .
- Archer Archetype: Not him, but his bey has an archer theme.
- Blow You Away: His bey, Archer Griffin, is classified as a Sky-element bey.
- Expy: Of Kenta Yumiya from the previous series, being a Tagalong Kid to a powerful blader with a dragon-like motif. This even extends to his bey, which has a similar archer theme and the same track-bottom combination.
- Our Griffins Are Different : His bey motif.
- Hot-Blooded: Even moreso than Zyro.
- Signature Move: Later on he gets one: Delta Slash.
- Tagalong Kid: To Sakyo when he makes an appearance, although this does not pick up until Takanosuke himself meets Sakyo.
Sakyo KuroyamiA mysterious Blader with a quiet personality, Sakyo is amongst the most powerful Bladers in the show, only losing one match throughout the duration of the series. He has a habit of appearing very unexpectedly out of nowhere, and wields Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF note in battle, rumored to be a given to him by Ryuga from the previous series.
- Aloof Ally: To Takanosuke. after his loss to Zyro, this is downplayed somewhat as Sakyo begins treating him as a friend and begins respecting him.
- Dramatic Entrance: Has a knack for doing this, and in fact this is how he is introduced- he launches his Dragoon at a battling Eight and Kite, easily knocking both their beys out, before recalling his bey back to him and running away.
- Expy: Of Ryuga from the previous series, which might be intentional given an offhand comment by him that Ryuga is the one that gave his Dragoon to him.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Has a dragon motif, and there's no denying the "awesome" part as his grand total of losses throughout the series is a mere one battle.
- Ineffectual Loner: Downplayed as Sakyo is dangerous enough alone, but during the battle against DNA later on, he lampshades this trope by saying that he realized the limits of how far one can go alone when he lost to Zyro.
- Our Dragons Are Different: On two levels:
- His Dragoon is the only left-rotating Zero-G/Shogun Steel era bey in both the anime and toyline.
- He possesses an European dragon motif instead of the Chinese dragon motif of his predecessor.
Gen KikuraAn environmentalist Blader with a rather peculiar personality, Gen loves the beach, but is very ticked off at the bad-mannered tourists that litter and cause it to be full of garbage at the end of summer, so he began using a sea monster disguise to scare said bad-mannered tourists off. Wields Pirates Kraken A230JSB note .
- Achilles' Heel: his bey is vulnerable to attacks from above.
- Becoming the Mask: His sea monster guise was once a disguise he would wear to scare littering tourists off beaches, but soon enough he was doing it for fun.
- Cloudcuckoolander: His thought process is rather.... peculiar.
- Death from Above: His bey's Achilles' Heel.
- Expy: Of Tetsuya from the previous series, mainly due to their peculiar personalities.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: Has a bad habit of accidentally explaining vital information (such as his bey's Achilles' Heel) to his opponent, and oftentimes does not realize his mistake until it's too late.
- Hilariously, the one time he lost but did not do this ( Takanosuke figured it out himself), he thought he must have done this trope somewhere during said battle.
- No-Sell: His bey's armored spin track prevents direct attacks from affecting it.
Dark Nebula Again Bladers
- The Leader: The strongest member of the DNA bladers, and leads the other high ranking members as per the Garcias and Merci's guidance.
- Purple Is Powerful
- Multicolored Hair
- HeelFace Turn
- Dark and Troubled Past: Despite the topic not being mentioned in the anime, the manga shows us an example of Kira's childhood as a victim of bullying and ostracism which twisted him into a sadist we get to see.
- The Dragon: The second strongest blader in DNA right after Kira and his closest ally, advisor, and enforcer.
- Undying Loyalty: Is faithfully loyal and trusting towards Kira to the point of fanasticism. Sakyo even calls him out on being Kira's servant more than his friend.
- Expy: He's based on Max Mizuhara, with whom he shares a color scheme and the Black Tortoise as bit-beast
- The Rival: Personally made an enemy of Ren, and is always willing to challenge and battle her for a rematch partially for his own amusement.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: He enjoys taunting his opponents, using Chinese combat skills in battle with his furious and destructive battling style.
- Expy: He's based on Daichi Sumeragi, notably sharing the X on his face and the missing-leg-pants. His bit-beast is a little different, though: while Daichi wields the Yellow Dragon, Spike handles a qilin. The qilin sometimes gets used as the central god instead of the Yellow Dragon, so that's why.
- Blow You Away: Archer Wyvern, similar to Dragoon is a wind bit-beast bey and uses special moves that create and attack with Tornadoes.
- Expy: He's based on Takao Kinomiya, which is evident from his blue hair and dragon-type bit-beast.
- Foreshadowing: Despite working for DNA, Arrow claims to be a "Blader of Justice". Once we find out the real reason why many of the bladers joined DNA, this starts to make a lot more sense.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was raised in the wild without his parents and by a white tiger, developing animal instincts and a hunger for battle.
- Expy: Based on Rei Kon, wearing a similar attire, being born and raised in China, and a bit-beast based on the White Tiger.
- Signature Move: Fierce Tiger Slash.