Works with their own character pages:
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
- Medal of Honor: Frontline
- Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
- Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
- Medal of Honor: Vanguard
- Medal of Honor: Airborne
- Medal of Honor (2010)
General tropes pertaining the characters:
- Expy: Many of them are based on actual real life operatives or soldiers.
Lieutenant Jimmy Patterson
- Chekhov's Skill: His training as an aeronautical engineer, mentioned in the briefing to the first level, comes into play to sabotage the V2's gyroscope in the penultimate. Lampshaded in the briefing.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: He's a member of the 2nd Ranger Battalion.
- Green Eyes: According to his identification card.
- Hero of Another Story: In Airborne he's this. In one of the player character's missions Patterson is piloting the plane dropping them in. The plane is damaged and is going down as the player jumps out. The Noodle Incident that Patterson performs after surviving that crash is what gets him noticed by the OSS and sets off his heroics.
- Implacable Man: Stormed Omaha Beach, retrieved an important attaché case while being chased by the Gestapo, destroyed the railgun Greta, scuttled the U-4901 and the U-4902, the latter of which he used to infiltrate a German port in Lorient, which he left a smouldering wreck, infiltrated Kleveburg and the highly-guarded Dorne manor in order to free Dutch resistance operative "Gerritt", stopped the production of the Ho IX fighter jets and killed SS Haupsturmführer Rudolf Ulbricht von Sturmgeist and his bodyguards, gassed Fort Schmerzan, sabotaged the Rjiukan Hydro Plant, saved numerous works of art and treasures from the Germans, and destroyed a V-2 rocket facility... Nothing can stop James Patterson.
- One-Man Army: When the OSS need something done, they send him.
- Player Character: Of the first Medal of Honor game, Frontline, and Heroes. He's also the player character through the Underground bonus mission.
- Previous Player-Character Cameo: Returns in the Underground bonus mission, is mentioned in Allied Assault, and pilots a plane with the player character on it in Airborne.
Colonel Stanley Hargrove
- Voiced by: William Morgan Sheppard
- Hidden Depths: His major in college was art history, which is he is angered by the Nazi plunder. He even remarks that he knows he doesn't look like the art history type.
- It Has Been an Honor: He says this to Powell in the briefing to "Storming Fort Schmerzan".Hargrove: No matter what happens, I consider myself honored and privileged to have served with you.
- Mission Control: For Patterson, Manon and Powell. He sometimes switches with Manon when his operatives are in France.
- Oireland: He's of Irish descent.
Colonel Hermann Müller
- Bald of Evil: He's bald, but it can't easily be seen under his hat.
- Beard of Evil: Sports a beard of red hair.
- Big Bad: Of the first Medal of Honor and of Allied Assault.
- Fat Bastard: He's described by Manon as "a pig of a man, a gluttonous creature foul in both appearance and temperament".
- Killed Off for Real: While he survived Patterson gassing him in Fort Schmerzan, he was presumably killed when Powell brought it down above his head.
- The Unfought: Originally, Patterson was supposed to fight Müller, but it was cancelled.
- The Unseen: His character model is only seen in multiplayer in the original Medal of Honor.
- Expy: is based on real life OSS operator Hélène Deschamps-Adams (who also served as Underground's technical adviser).
- Which makes it weird when Helene herself appears to give Manon her mission briefing in the game's last levels.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Starts out as an unassuming French civilian, ends up becoming one of the OSS' most talented agents and thwarted many German plans.
- Maybe Ever After: It is hinted that Patterson proposed to her, but her reply was unclear.
- Although if we go by Patterson's grandson in the 2010 reboot, this may be true.
- Mission Control: For Patterson and Powell while they're in France.
- Player Character: Of Medal of Honor: Underground.
- Previous Player-Character Cameo: Appears in Allied Assault and European Assault.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Going by the correct spelling of the French word, her name should be spelled "Baptiste". Since the English spelling for that word is baptist, that mistake seems particularly strange.
- Tragic Keepsake: Her brother's locket, which she recovered from the burning munitions truck he crashed.
Colonel Stanley HargroveSee Medal of Honor folder above
- Escort Mission: Becomes the subject of quite possibly the most tolerable one in existence. Jacques seems to shrug off gunfire, and is armed with an SMG and is very good at scoring headshots with it. He actually doesn't really need much help 99% of the time. However...
- Killed Off for Real: He crashed a munitions truck in a barrier, causing an explosion that killed him.
- Nice Hat: He usually wore a blue beret.
- Tragic Keepsake: Manon keeps Jacques's locket as memento.
Corporal Jake Murphy
- Player Character: Of Infiltrator.
Major Sebastian Diesler
Lieutenant William Holt
- Voiced by: Wayne Roberts
- Player Character: Of European Assault and Heroes.
Graf von Schrader
- Voiced by:
- BFG: Initially uses an StG-44 assault rifle, and later switches to an MG42.
- Big Bad: Of European Assault.
- Worthy Opponent: Considers Holt as such.Von Schrader: William Holt. Yes, I know who you are. I have made you a study of mine. My men never really appreciated you. That was their downfall, I think. I, however, have found you a worthy adversary.
Sergeant John BakerSee Medal of Honor: Allied Assault folder above
Lieutenant Jimmy PattersonSee Medal of Honor folder above
Lieutenant William HoltSee Medal of Honor: European Assault folder above
Lieutenant John Berg
- Player Character: Of Heroes 2.