- Power Equals Rarity: They are the most powerful, and also the rarest in the MPQ rosters.
- Purple Is Powerful: Both Legendary Tokens and the preview cover draw are purple, and when you do get this trope's image, you definitely got a powerful 5-star character.
One of the founding five X-Men, Warren Worthington had his mutant gift of wings taken from him in a vicious attack. Awash in despair and desperation, Warren accepted an offer to restore his wings from a terrible source... Apocalypse!
Reborn as Apocalypse's Archangel of Death, Warren eventually broke free from his new master, keeping his deadly metal wings and rejoining the side of good.
Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
Blackagar Boltagon was born with the power to unleash great destruction with his voice. It is said that a mere whisper can level a mountain while a scream can split a planet in two. As the king of the Inhumans, Black Bolt's power requires that he lead his people in complete silence, speaking telepathically via his wife Medusa.
Ruling from the hidden city of Attilan, Black Bolt must wisely decide how best to protect his people from the humans who wish to destroy their way of life.
Trained from a young age, Prince T'Challa grew to become the latest Black Panther, protector of the kingdom of Wakanda.
When his father, King T'Chaka, was killed, T'Challa became King, using the resources of his country and the skills as Black Panther to seek vengeance for his father.
Trained by the Russian government to be the ultimate super-spy the Black Widow was eventually recruited to S.H.I.E.L.D. where she became a founding member of The Avengers and one of Captain America's most trusted allies.
Steve Rogers was the world's first Avenger, leading the charge against HYDRA in World War II as Captain America. The Captain's heroic sacrifice stopped HYDRA, but left him a man out of time in the 21st century.
As the leader of the Avengers, Steve must now face an impossible choice between liberty and security, with his best friend caught in the middle.
Since opposing the Sokovia Accords, the Super-Soldier has remained under the radar while continuing to do what he believes is right - saving the world one clandestine mission at a time.
Blinded by a chemical spill as a child, Matt Murdock ended up with superhuman senses which allow him to see the world in a unique and powerful way. He now uses these powers to deliver justice, both as a lawyer in his own law firm, and as a vigilante at night, stalking the streets of Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil, the Man Without Fear.
Doctor Octopus (Classic)
During a nuclear experiment, an accident fushed atomic genius Otto Octavius to his special metal apparatus and drove him mad, transforming him into the maniacal Doctor Octopus!
Using the incredible strength of his mechanical arms and his astounding intellect, he pursues a life of crime as Spider-Man's most cunning and deadly foe!
Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
Stephen Strange was a brilliant and arrogant surgeon until the day a car accident took away the use of his hands. He spent every waking hour and his vast fortune searching for a cure, but what he found instead was the Ancient One and the mystic arts.
Now, as Earth's Sorcerer Supreme, Strange guards our reality against magical threats.
A thief with a mysterious past, Remy Lebeau gave up his criminal ways after coming to the aid of Storm and joining the X-Men. Since then he's been a fighter, a charmer, and an enigma, but above all else a hero.
Robbie Reyes is a hard-working, young mechanic working to support himself and his brother, Gabe. But when an underground street race went sour, he found himself haunted by an evil spirit which granted him the power to transform into the All-New Ghost Rider! As Ghost Rider, Robbie must learn to suppress the darker urges of the spirit and use his powers to exact vengeance on the wicked!
Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
A lab accident granted industrialist Norman Osborn incredible physical prowess but also drove him insane, turning him into the Green Goblin! Pursuing a life of crime, Osborn repeatedly crossed paths with the amazing Spider-Man locking the two in a deadly struggle ever since.
Osborn's diabolical schemes roses him to the rank of Director of H.A.M.M.E.R., but he still occasionally dons his goblin mask, especially when a certain wall-crawling hero shows up.
Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
Tony Stark helped form the Avengers during the Chitauri invasion of Earth. Now the threats come from within, it's up to Iron Man to police them.
With the Avengers fractured in two, Iron Man leads a team of heroes who believe in accountability and the greater good to track down and stop rogue led by his former friend, Captain America.
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
A former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and founding member of the Avengers, Hawkeye is a master of hand-to-hand combat and wields an arsenal of arrows with unerring precision.
Surrounded by gods, super-soldiers and billionaires, Client uses experience and pragmatism to keep his teammates grounded.
The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
While overseeing a test of his experimental Gamma Bomb, Dr Bruce Banner rushed into the blast radius to save an innocent teenager. Irradiated with deadly gamma rays, he didn't die... instead he became cursed to transform into the incredible Hulk!
As the Hulk, Banner is virtually indestructible - and only grows more powerful when angered. When something does finally return him to human, it's only a matter of time before the monstrous Hulk returns.
Jean Grey (Phoenix)
A founding member of the X-Men and a powerful psychic, Jean Grey sacrificed herself to save her teammates. Absorbing a deadly dose of radiation while her spaceship careened towards Earth, Jean's heroism and telepathic potential drew the attention of the Phoenix Force.
The ancient, elemental force of life, creation, and destruction merged with Jean's consciousness. Jean, as the Phoenix, was reborn a hero powerful enough to save worlds... or burn them.
- The Berserker: She has powerful abilities, however they will become more dangerous to both sides as things get worse. From the Ashes revives her if she dies, and becomes the explosive Phoenix Force that will hurt friend and foe alike for dangerous amounts of damage, and if she uses Psychic Flames While there are 5 or more friendly tiles, she will give the enemy strike tiles.
- Death Is Cheap: From The Ashes creates a 1 turn Countdown tile that revives Jean with 55% of her health.
- The Empath: Her Psychic Rapport Helps her allies by forming a psychic bond with them. Passively, whenever a friendly 5 match or higher is made, she will improve friendly tiles.
Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations)
Jessica Jones was a Super Hero. It didn't take. Now she runs Alias Investigations, taking cases as a private investigator in a world full of aliens, gods and Super-Soldiers. Despite her personal demons, Jessica's fierce sense of justice leads her to begrudgingly take on clients who need her help, whether they can pay or not
Okoye (Warrior General)
The head of the Dora Milaje, an all-female special forces group, Okoye is a fiercely loyal protector of Wakanda who isn't afraid to question her king, but would defend him with her life. A staunch fundamentalist who is an formidable with her spear as she is with her tongue, Okoye finds herself torn between her allegiance to her country and her king when T'Challa begins to challenge ancient Wakandan rules.
Silver Surfer (Skyrider)
His planet on the brink of annihilation, Norrin Radd made the ultimate sacrifice and struck a bargain with Galactus, becoming his herald in order to save his planet from the giant's insatiable hunger.
Imbued with the Power Cosmic and covered in a specialized silver coating, the Silver Surfer scanned the heavens for sacrificial planets to offer his new master. After eventually being led to Earth, he broke free from Galactus' control and rebelled against him with the help of the Fantastic Four. After spending time as one of Earth defenders, he now soars the spaceways to protect all innocent life.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Silver Singularity from the Silver Surfer.
- Chrome Champion: Silver Surfer glows bright with cosmic energy.
- Hand Blast: Silver Surfer fires his Cosmic Ray from his hands.
- Lightning Bruiser: He has both fast and constant damage, The ability to manipulate tiles, and a good chance of getting higher than average AP with good luck.
- No-Sell: His Perfect Being ability makes him passively immune to stuns. He's the only character to do this so far.
- Also his Silver Singularity tile cannot be matched, and must be destroyed by some other means.
Spider-Man (Back In Black)
When Spider-Man's original costume was destroyed during the first Secret Wars, he adopted a new, sleeker, black suit. When he discovered it was an alien symbiote taking him over, he abandoned it and returned to his classic webs.
In rare, dark times when Peter Parker was pushed past his breaking point by his enemies, he donned a replica of that black suit and uncharacteristically embraced his rage, showing villains that even Spider-Man isn't always so friendly.
- Car Fu: This Spiderman flings cars at his enemies using Automotive Artillery.
- Fragile Speedster: He has a cheap stun, or cheap damage if an enemy is already stunned, an a much more powerful damage and stun, and while more fragile than other Epics, he can turn invisible when an enemy is stunned and prevent damage being added by strike tiles. However without either a stun he still has to deal with an enemy's base power, which at any point may be a match for him.
- No-Sell: His biggest point. Shadowy Acrobatics can reduce to outright prevent strike tiles from stacking bonus damage as well as making him invisible if any enemy is stunned, and Automotive Artillery will completely ignore defense tiles at any time.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: To point out how effective yet brutal he becomes, the friendly neighborhood Spider-man starts flinging CARS with his Automotive Artillery. And they work, dealing massive damage to the targeted enemy and stunning another one at random.
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Armed with a high-tech suit, a pair of custom web-shooters, and the powers he gained after being bitten by a spider, Peter Parker protects his neighborhood of Queens, NY as Spider-Man, all in time to get home before his curfew.
The interstellar adventurer known as Peter Quill never imagined he'd one day be known far and wide as Star-Lord. But that's exactly what happened after the Guardians of the Galaxy banded together to save the universe.
Now, with a new outlook, a mixtape of fresh tunes, and a mystery from his past, Quill sets out to save the galaxy all over again
Thanos (The Mad Titan)
Searching for ultimate power, Thanos the Mad Titan assembled all six Infinity Gems as the Infinity Gauntlet, making himself into a god. Snapping his fingers, Thanos eliminated half of all life in the Universe, hoping to please his mistress, Death.
This combination of power, cunning, and madness makes Thanos the greatest threat the heroes of the galaxy have ever faced - and he defies them to stop him.
As a mighty warrior of Asgard, Thor is a skilled fighter. Now, Thor rises up to fight evil as his journey of self discovery leads him through dangerous territory. The Asgardian prince of thunder may not have his classic powers at his disposal, but he does have his resolve and the will to fight alongside his team. Using his inherent strength and skill as a tactician, Thor charges the battlefield and motivates his team with electrifying enthusiasm and a wealth of good humor.
Wolverine was there the night that the Super Villains finally defeated the heroes. Manipulated into taking down the X-Men, the villains broke Wolverine's spirit leaving him alive in a world dominated by evil.
After decades in The Wasteland wracked with guilt, Old Man Logan now finds himself pulled back to the present, where he's begun hunting down the villains responsible for his past to prevent that future from coming to pass.
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: Once Old Man Logan pops out his claws, Still Sharp goes to show he still hasn't lost his edge.
- Glass Cannon: If you use Living Legend with more than 12 Yellow AP stored, his normal moveset gets replaced by a flurry of cheap offensive abilities, however he loses his healing and makes himself vulnerable.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Once you collect enough yellow AP, Wolverine replaces his defensive skills with offensive skills.
- Retired Badass: Old Man Logan may have stopped fighting for some time, but his killer skills are still sharp.
- Support Party Member: Before he swaps his moveset, He will be able to heal with Die Hard, healing more the more allies he has, and both Living Legend and Reluctant Hero abilities will give his team strike tiles at some detriment, losing the turn with him in front and taking damage respectively, helping them deal more damage.