Darkiplier | Wilford Warfstache | Who Killed Markiplier? Characters | Minor Alter Egos (Googleplier | The Jim Twins) | Other
A pair of brothers who inexplicably have the same name (Jim). They star in the "Who Killed Markiplier" shorts.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Reporter Jim from the shorts is easily distracted by surrounding objects such as a "shooty" or the Detective, and goes on random rants when he encounters anything particularly new or interesting, rarely ending a train of thought sufficiently.
- Ascended Extra: Their first appearance in Markiplier TV wasn't much, they just were a newscaster and a weatherman in one of many skits present. Here, on the other hand, they have their own set of videos that run along with the canon of Who Killed Markiplier?, and they seem to have been around for as long as Darkiplier and Wilford. note
- Ensemble Dark Horse: They exist as Plucky Comic Relief and weren't supposed to be much more than that, but the entire community seems to remember them the most out of all the characters, becoming the community's resident Fountain of Memes. Lampshaded by Mark here.
- Fountain of Memes: Their wacky nature that juxtaposes the drama of Who Killed Markiplier? has made them this. Here are◊ some of them.
- Intrepid Reporter: The Jims manage to get into Markiplier Mansion to investigate the murder. They mess around at the scene where the body was found, use an ouija board to try and commune with spirits, find the detectives office, and attempt to enact the murder scene. All while going unnoticed by the occupants of the house - except for the Detective, who noticed them and tried to chase them off.
- Meaningful Name: 'Jim' means 'to supplant' or 'to overthrow' as in that their adventures overthrow the dramatic atmosphere of the series.
- Silly Walk: Reporter Jim employs one resembling a mix between a waddle and a crabwalk in the shorts, with some variations such as dragging his lower half of his body on the floor.
- Plucky Comic Relief: In contrast to the increasingly dramatic who-dunnit murder mystery of Who Killed Markiplier, the videos involving the Jims are purely comedic in nature.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: The Detective shoos them away when he finds them, but they just come back again.
- Wiki Walk: In their shorts reporter Jim constantly diverges into his own theories, gets distracted by his surroundings, and informs everyone about the Jims' family lives purely through his own trail of imagination when he's supposed to be investigating a murder.