open/close all folders
- Adorkable: His defining trait. Especially this when he's around Daisy.
- Berserk Button: Due to the Mask's side effects, whenever he's made fun of he gets into a fit of rage.
- Butt-Monkey: As per tradition, the poor guy's ridiculed and ignored by most of the Toads.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's mostly ignored and seen as a cowardly nuisance compared to Mario by others, but when he transforms into the Green Thunder...
- He can be pretty capable on his own, such as when he saved Daisy's masked alter-ego from the fire dragon.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Contains hidden feelings towards Daisy.
- Dork Knight: But this is played rather seriously. He is constantly overshadowed by Mario, and others only really see his dorkish side rather than his heroic side.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: He's definitely not as brave as Mario is, but still... he's treated like absolute crap by many of the Toads.
- Expy: Of Stanley Ipkiss, specifically his movie incarnation.
- Heroic BSoD: When Toadlop calls him out on being cowardly and useless.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Has shades of this, coming from the Mask's side effects.
- Secret Keeper: The only ones who know about his Superpowered Alter Ego are Toadrick and Kylie Koopa.
- Anti-Hero: He sometimes goes too far with tormenting those who were bad to him in the past, often acting incredibly goofy and making wisecracking puns wherever he goes. Although he does show a heroic side like finding money to give to the orphanage (even though the kids were mean to him) and rescuing Daisy from the Koopas.
- Aside Glance: Does this when speaking to the viewers, which is all the time.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: A lot.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Always seen with that big smile on his face. Played straight, he is a trickster after all.
- Comically Invincible Hero: He can survive a lot of things thrown at him and still feel the need to say or do something comical.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Repeatedly beating up Wario and Waluigi and sending them to hospital every time, still over them bullying Luigi.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Well... this conversation sells it:Toadrick: You saw Kamek flying overhead and thought you'd better go after him?[Luigi nods]Toadrick: And that somehow involved you going to the hospital and trying to perform a lobotomy on the Warios?!
- Made of Iron: Can survive anything.
- One-Man Army: Not to be taken lightly at all, as seen through his venture through the Koopa's Tower.
- Signature Move: His tornado attack.
- Superpowered Alter Ego: In this form, he becomes a green-skinned, zoot suit wearing trickster who develops imperviousness to anything and also has the power to change into any costume at will. And as well as that he can warp the face of reality to use to his advantage. All of Luigi's social inhibitions are removed, allowing the Green Thunder to do as he pleases without much control over himself.
- Wedgie: Seems to be his main gag.
- Acrofatic: As Dave points out:Dave: How can a man that fat be that quick?
- Captain Oblivious: He has never encountered the Green Thunder at all.
- The Hero: Mario's prowess as the regular hero of the Mushroom Kingdom is what sinks Luigi into depression about being noted as a proper hero just like his brother.
- Out of Focus: When he goes on holiday.
Wario Bros.Wario and Waluigi.
- Butt Monkeys: They are regularly beaten by the Green Thunder, such as being attacked inside their own house, and electrocuted on their hospital beds.
- Laser-Guided Karma: The only instance they are ever seen tormenting Luigi is tricking him into a sewer (which ironically led to the Mask and their constant pain), now they're susceptible to whatever punishment the Green Thunder brings them.
- Morality Chain: To Luigi. Without his interference Luigi will be using the mask all the time.
- Nice Guy: Due to being one of the few Toads who respect Luigi, he is concerned for the safety of his actions as Green Thunder and tries to make sure he doesn't get into too much trouble.
- Secret Keeper: He agrees not to spill information about the Green Thunder's true identity to Mario or anyone else.
- Jerkass: Doesn't seem to respect Luigi at ALL. He also doesn't seem to care about anyone else other than himself.
- Lazy Bum: Always claims he's doing work when in reality he's just slacking off and helps himself to eat.
- Karma Houdini: One time he got away with ruining Daisy's dinner while Yoshi took the blame.
- Eventually subverted near the end of Episode 13, as the chef put two and two together after Toadlop fled due to, ah, a trapped meal.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: At the end of episode 11, he transforms into a Godzilla-like creature that eats anything in its path, after he gets the Mask stuck on his face.
- Big Eater: In every one of his appearances, he is always hungry and seen trying to eat something.
- Extreme Omnivore: Can even consume fireballs.
- The Scapegoat: In episode 11, he was blamed by the chef for ruining Daisy's dinner when he was trying to stop Toadlop from eating the food.
- Team Pet: He can be seen as the Mario Bros. pet, as he helped Mario defeat Bowser in episode 1.
- A Twinkle in the Sky: When she gets sent flying by Karnage's machine.
- Expy: Of Peggy Brandt.
- Going for the Big Scoop: To get a good scoop, she's willing to follow the Green Thunder into his trap of the Evil Tower of Ominousness, which contains many elite warriors and dangerous traps.
- Intrepid Reporter: She'd rather go out and get the stories than having to make brochures for tourists.
- Motor Mouth: When she first meets the Green Thunder personally, she asks him a buttload of questions, non-stop, all in a row.
- Really 700 Years Old: Considering the point in time she originated from in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, that would make her about... a thousand years old.
- Secret Keeper: As long as Luigi/Green Thunder provides her with the juicy stories.
- Damsel in Distress: No surprise, it's just like her official character. As soon as the series starts, we first see Bowser holding the princess away in his Clown Car.
- Out of Focus: Hasn't been included in one of the main storylines. And she was away on holiday for most of the episodes.
- Giant Woman: Becomes this in episode 13.
- Love Interest: To Luigi.
- Nice Girl: She is very endearing towards Luigi by defending him from Toadlop's insults.
- Rebellious Princess: She'd rather go out on a limb and be herself rather than of what royalty is expected. She's confident, bold and rebellious.
- Superpowered Alter Ego: When the Mask was worn by her, she turned into her own variation of the Green Thunder who had a creepy and seductive interest in Luigi, an inversion of Luigi's hidden feelings towards the real Daisy.
Packer Bros.Two Koopa brothers named Dave and Robert who work as plumbers.
- Expy: Just like Mario and Luigi, they're brothers with the same occupation.
- Jerkass: Dave. He always opposes his brother's ideas for dangerous things, such as an incident getting away for using acid to unblock a pipe, which severly injured Robert in the process. He also blurts out "we don't need Mario and his spineless brother" when Robert wanted to ask Mario and Luigi for help to investigate an underground ruin, but he was obstinate to do so because their business would look bad.
- Bad Boss: Several koopas complain about Bowser not giving them wages, plus making them work non-stop. One of them try to confer with him about this problem, but ended up scorched instead.
- Berserk Button: DO NOT show him up, as General Karnage learns (and continues to do regularly).
- And don't attempt to strike for coffee breaks, bathroom breaks, and especially WAGES!
- Comically Missing the Point: Because Bowser's last attempt to obtain the princess failed, Karnage suggests they capture Luigi instead. Bowser blurts out that he wouldn't gain anything and to kiss such a hairy face each night would turn his guts. Cue Karnage's Sweat Drop.Karnage: What are you talking about?
- The Ditz:Ouroboros: Bowser has power, but little intelligence.Karnage: Tell me about it, his brain is so small that if you opened up his head it would probably be blown away by a slight cough.
- Dumb Muscle: None too bright, but poses incredible strength.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Slightly subverted when the Green Thunder stole Roy's coins and Wendy's makeup:Bowser: I can't stand people stealing from kids! I don't mind stealing from other kids but when it's my kids it's something different!
- Glad I Thought of It: Said word for word when Karnage thought of a plan to kidnap Luigi and lure Mario away so that they could rule the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Groin Attack: A victim of this, TWICE even!
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Things that drive him into provocation are his minions' incompetence, and Karnage and Sugar's constant squabbling.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Each of them protruding over his head.
- Canon Foreigner: In the fanfiction, it's stated that he's was based off the character Blackadder, specifically the Blackadder from the fourth series "Blackadder Goes Forth".
- Deadpan Snarker: Can't resist to always make some sort of sarcastic comment.Sugar: Bowser's reading a book? Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?Karnage: Don't be excited, its probably got lift up flaps.
Ouroboros: Loki is not a myth, he's real.Karnage: Yeah, and Bugs Bunny works at Burger King.
- And this.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: He's the sarge for the Koopa Troop. He's not overly mean though, but can be harsh if he has to, especially when dealing with a bunch of Koopas all dressed up in leather black ninja suits.
- Eyepatch of Power: He lost his left eye in a previous battle. Besides Bowser it makes him look like the most intimidating member of the Koopa Troop.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: To Bowser.
- Surrounded by Idiots: To the Koopa Squad in general.
- Undying Loyalty: Subverted. Considering how stupid he knows Bowser is, it's expected why he pulls this off:Ouroboros: You want to rule this kingdom, I can make it happen.Karnage: That's treason! You honestly think you can pay me to betray King Bowser with promises of power and riches?! Well, you're totally right! Where do I sign?
Captain Alexander Sugar
- Canon Foreigner: Based off of Captain Kevin Darling from the fourth series of Blackadder. They're both bitter about their Unfortunate Names. They also have a respective rival that gets on their nerves (Blackadder to Darling, Karnage to Sugar).
- Perpetual Frowner: Though he generally does act rather serious.
- The Rival: Towards Karnage.
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Prefers to be called Captain Sugar.
- Twitchy Eye: A reoccuring Character Tic, whenever someone says his embarrassing name.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Bowser.
- Unfortunate Name: "Sugar", of course.
- Art Evolution: His appearances in Season 1 looked like he was a similar copy of Fawful in a Magikoopa costume, complete with massive teeth. Start of Season 2 he got a different look, even lampshaded by Sugar.
- Demonic Possession: The body he's currently in is a host. His true form was only seen by Karnage. Though guessing by his name, he may be some sort of serpent or snake.
- The Evil Genius: The primary instigator for the Koopas in order to obtain the Mask of Loki.
- The Omniscient: He knows everything that happens around him.
- Ouroboros: While his true form has not yet been properly revealed on-screen, it's implied due to his name that he's loosely based on this. Still when he presents his true form to Karnage it does show a serpent-like shadow.
- The Starscream: He, along with Karnage, are planning to overthrow Bowser.
- Surrounded by Idiots: He knows that most of the minions are idiots, even Bowser.
- Always Someone Better: Ouroboros instantly proves that he should be Bowser's main advisor, not Kamek.
- Butt-Monkey: He always suffers in every appearance he's been in.
KoopalingsBowser's children. The only ones that have appeared are Wendy, Roy, Morton, and Ludwig.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: Apparently, Wendy. Some of the Koopas had to listen to her singing as punishment. Even Bowser knows her singing's terrible.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Roy.Green Thunder: What's a tough guy like you doing in Pink? Colour blind?
The Koopa SquadThe highest ranking Koopa minions in the army, though they are not based on their expertise, only because they are the few Koopas who survived a hit from Mario on each of his journeys. The current members consist of Alpha, Beta and Theta. There is also Omega, the actual leader.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: When they're about to kidnap Peach:Beta: Peach? She's the one in the peach dress, right?Beta: Are you being sarcastic?Alpha: Bingo.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Theta, no one knows what goes on in his head.
- Color-Coded Characters: Their shells. Alpha's red, Beta's blue, and Theta's green. And Omega's black.
- The Ditz: Theta. He had a mental disorder which made him continue to walk on even right when an edge is being approached. He just falls, landing on his head each time - thus losing more and more of his brain cells. This is a reference to the Green Koopa Troopas who walk off the edges in the Mario games.
- Minions With An F In Evil: Compared to the more important members within Bowser's castle, they are not that serious with the tasks they are assigned to do.
- Simple-Minded Wisdom: After their previous encounter with Green Thunder, the Koopa Squad don't know how to lure him out. One of Theta's "plans" to lure the Green Thunder to the tower was to just simply walk up to the door, get him to answer and tell him there is a beautiful princess at the top. And it works.