The character sheet for the manga, Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka.
Asuka Ootori/Rapture Asuka
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Her karambit can easily cut apart flesh, bones, armor, engine blocks, etc.
- An Arm and a Leg: During her fight with Giess she lost an arm, she gets better thanks to Kurumi.
- Adorkable: She can really come across this way when she's trying to pretend that she's a normal girl, instead of a badass with military training and limited social skills.
- Bad Dreams: Part of Asuka's Shell-Shocked Veteran status.
- Beauty Mark: Has one bellow her left eye.
- Chick Magnet: Has gained the affections of Kurumi, Tamara, Nozomi and Sayoko. Even her late superior, Francine, joked about wanting to sleep with her.
- Close-Range Combatant: Specializes in ripping apart her enemies with her karambit.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She may have had the looks of a Dark Magical Girl, But she is on the side of good.
- Even the Girls Want Her: It's probably easier to list the girls who aren't crushing on her.
- Experienced Protagonist: She's been a Magical Girl for several years now, and lead the Magical Five in the war against the Netherbeasts three years before the start of the story.
- Exotic Weapon Supremacy: She's The Hero and a skilled warrior, using a karambit.
- First Kiss: Ends up giving her first time to Tamara while trying to bring her back to normal right in front of Kurumi.
- Fingerless Gloves: Wears these with her Magical Girl outfit. They're a symbol of how she's the best martial artist of the Magical Five.
- Finger in the Mail: One of the main reasons Asuka is a Shell-Shocked Veteran. One day after one of her battles, she came back home to find that the Netherbeasts had kidnapped her parents. They gleefully let her know they were still alive... and that they'd return them to her, one small piece at a time. They'd already brought a hand in a box.
- Good Is Not Soft: Downplayed. She's friendly to her classmates, stands up for Kurumi when she's being bullied, and sees her team as True Companions. She's also hardened by the past war with the Netherbeasts and has no problem dismembering dangerous terrorists and rogue magical girls. However, Kurumi states that Asuka wouldn't be able to torture an enemy for information.
- Heroic BSoD: Suffers one during the final battle three years ago after losing her comrades. Fortunately, she gets better after a pep talk from Tamara.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Asuka's saved the world, won the war and lost half her friends doing so. She's done fighting and wants an ordinary life. But there's still fighting to be done.
- It's Personal: Asuka rages to take on the Disas after they killed her parents.
- Knife Nut: Karambit, actually.
- Mistaken for Prostitute: After Iizuka picked her up from school in his official car, Nozomi thought Asuka was whoring herself out to him and was blunt enough to ask her that (which earned Nozomi a cheek-pull from Sayako as punishment; In the manga she also hit her over the head once for that, too).
- Morph Weapon: Her karambit can change into a katana.
- Murderous Thighs: Asuka uses her legs like this to bring down a terrorist so Kurumi can truth serum her.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Asuka's codename as Magical Girl was Rapture and she specializes in dismembering her enemies into Ludicrous Gibs. Either way shows the mood of the setting.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Inverted Trope. Instead of a high school girl suddenly gaining magical powers to save the world, she's a magical heroine and special operations soldier who's already saved the world and is now trying to reintegrate into a normal high school life.
- Rapunzel Hair: Reaches her waist.
- Refusal of the Call: Iizuka tried to invite Asuka join the M-Squad, but she refuses, due to her traumatic experiences in fighting the Netherbeasts... Then Nozomi gets kidnapped.
- Reverse Grip: Justified as the karambit knife is actually designed to be held that way.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Asuka's experience in fighting the Netherbeasts screwed her hard. Flashbacks kept her awake at night, and seeing mascot characters handing out balloon animals brought memories of how Netherbeasts would wring and rip apart human flesh.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her Magical Girl codename has been translated as Rapture, Rupture and Raptor.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Asuka wanted to quit when she reached high school, and leave magical fighting behind, but was drawn back in by a series of terrorist attacks.
- Vapor Wear: Rapture Asuka isn't wearing anything under her skirt, as seen when she's flung directly at the wall and the camera views her from behind.
- Warrior Therapist: As a Shell-Shocked Veteran, she's got training in dealing with her own PTSD. That means she knows exactly what to say and do when Sayoko has an episode from her attack.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: She had to grow up fast under combat conditions, and acts very much like an adult rather than a teenager. This causes her some problems in relating to Nozomi, who very much thinks like a teenager.
- You Are in Command Now: Francine passed command of the Magical Girl squad to Asuka in her dying breath.
Kurumi Mugen/War Nurse Kurumi
- Abusive Parents: Her father was a rapist and a murderer, and her mother was the kind of person who would be attracted to a hardened criminal. This comes to a head when her father tries to rape her, and even though her mother stops him when she happens to walk in, she blames Kurumi for having such a lascivious body.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: Kurumi is positively ecstatic when her family is kidnapped by the Disas and tortured like Asuka's was.
- Barrier Warrior: Her magical barrier is the strongest among the Legendary Five, that even at close range, where MG barriers interfere with each other rendering them useless, hers remain active.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She fell in love with Asuka when the latter stood up for her during her terrible school situation.
- Berserk Button:
- Do not try to flirt with Asuka nor mention she might make a good pair with someone else.
- Do NOT call her a sandbag due to her bullying. Chisato soon learns this the hard way.
- Boxing Lessons for Superman: She's a magical healer, but she uses her knowledge of anatomy and medicine to apply that healing skill in such ways as complex brain surgery.
- Combat Medic: Kurumi is a nurse-themed magical girl, by way of Nurse Witch Komugi or Nurse Angel Ririka SOS. But given the setting, that huge syringe of hers can be loaded with substances that can melt the flesh off Netherbeasts. She also serves as the group's Torture Technician and her codename is "War Nurse".
- Cute and Psycho: in spades. Especially in Torture Technician and Soft-Spoken Sadist mode.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was a victim of school bullying and the teachers wouldn't help her, which is why she prefers her life as a magical girl over being a civilian. It's later explained that she was bullied because her father raped and murdered a woman years ago, but had gotten off light due to being a minor, and Kurumi started getting bullied when her father's name was leaked on the internet. Her father also tried to rape her at one point but was stopped when her mother walked in.
- Driven to Suicide: When she feels obligated to reveal to Asuka that she's been torturing prisoners, she actively plans out her suicide in the likely event that Asuka hates her for it. Luckily for her, Asuka is only angry at herself for being naive enough to think that her side was entirely clean, and accepts Kurumi's deeds.
- Fingore: One of her torture methods is to insert metal spikes under the nails of her prisoner.
- First Kiss: Finally gives her first time to Asuka though she's jealous that Asuka's first time went to Tamara while they were trying to bring her back to sanity.
- Hidden Depths: Who would have thought that this meek and cute girl is a Psycho Lesbian, Torture Technician, and a Yandere who wants to be a Magical Girl forever? The entire reason she became a Torture Technician in the first place is because she wanted to do the dirty work so that Asuka and the others wouldn't have to. She also expresses genuine sorrow over the friends she lost in the Disas War.
- Psycho Lesbian: The "psycho" part is usually played for laughs, and despite her Ax-Crazy nature her love for Asuka is genuine.
- Rape as Backstory: Downplayed. Her father tried to rape her, but was stopped when her mother walked in.
- Sociopathic Hero: Is revealed to be this when she tortures Nazani. Clearly mentally unhinged but fortunately she's also incredibly loyal.
- Sociopathic Soldier: She outright states she loves being a magical girl more than she ever did being a regular girl. She also takes a tad too much pleasure in torturing and interrogating her victims.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: When she goes into Torture Technician mode.
- Token Evil Teammate: Is undoubtedly the most morally black of the Magical Five, but is on the side of good and completely loyal to her friends and especially Asuka.
- Torture Technician: Her other work is using her chemical and medical abilities to get information, which usually involves torture. She doesn't need to be extracting information, though - she'll happily torture a captured girl for the fun of it.
- Truth Serums: Carries such a substance. She notes that she still has to work out the amount of time the victim can answer questions before passing out.
- Undying Loyalty: She is completely and utterly devoted and loyal to Asuka (and to a lesser extent, the rest of the Magical Five). So loyal, in fact, she's even volunteered to be the team's Torture Technician so the others wouldn't have to shoulder that burden.
- Yandere: After being saved by Asuka, she becomes infatuated with her. Usually this is Played for Laughs.
- You Can Keep Her: The Disas try to blackmail her my sending her her family in pieces, but she just shoots the messengers and taunts them for thinking she'd care for the safety of people she detests.
Mia Cyrus/Just Cause Mia
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Mia Cyrus' favored combat technique is to magically enhance her firearms, dramatically increasing their penetration power. She also makes good use of her X-Ray Vision, allowing her to shoot down hostiles from the other side of the building.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her magical girl outfit exposes her midsection.
- Blood Knight: When Disas forces raid Naha, Mia's more than willing to lead a section of MORG operators into the downtown area and kill them.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: Mia works with the SAD in black ops missions.
- Genki Girl: She's the most upbeat of the Magical Five, always energetic and cracking jokes about something.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: She's got the filthiest mouth of all the magical girls and could probably go for a swear-off with Abby.
- Overranked Soldier: She's a Sergeant Major in the U.S. Army. In real-life, it would be impossible for her to hold such a high rank: The magical girls are stated to be teenagers and the rank of Sergeant Major requires a minimum of 18 years of service.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Blonde with blue eyes, she's definitely an American.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail reached past her waist.
- Sad Clown: She's upbeat and constantly cracking jokes, and she's by far the most sane of the Magical Five, but it's clear that she's carrying her share of ghosts from the war.
- Secret Identity: Averted, she's the only Magical Girl who revealed her identity to public.
- Sergeant Rock: She holds the rank of Sergeant Major in the U.S. Army.
- Superhero Packing Heat: Favors magically-enhanced firearms, which combined with her X-Ray Vision means hiding behind covers won't save you.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She and Tamara really enjoy insulting each other, as friends do.
- X-Ray Vision: Mia Cyrus often uses her magical power to enhance her vision into this. Combined with her magically-enhanced guns, hiding behind covers won't save you.
Tamara Volkova/Phoenix Tamara
- Braids of Action: Her hair is tied on long pigtails, and she's a deadly Magical Girl Warrior.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Suffers brainwashing via an illusionary traumatic experience of Asuka murdering her mother in cold blood and going on a rampage.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: Tamara works with the GRU in black ops missions.
- Eyepatch of Power: Her left eye is covered as a magical girl.
- First Kiss: Ends up giving her first kiss to Asuka. Kurumi isn't impressed seeing it and Kurumi would have killed her if Tamara wasn't her friend.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She loves stuffed animals and sleeps with a big stuffed pig.
- Kill It with Fire: Her primary weapon is a Fire-Breathing BFG which she claims can generate the sun's heat to immolate her target. She can also control the fire to an extent, instantly extinguishing it with a snap of her finger.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Her reaction after Asuka and Kurumi undo her brainwashing, under which she had attacked her fellow Magical Five members.
- The Phoenix: Her codename is 'Phoenix' and she uses flames to immolate her enemies.
- The Reveal: Tamara's beloved sister is actually a captured Disas that she thinks is her sister, but seems to accept her affection.
- The Stoic: Out of the Five, she's the one to emote her emotions the least.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: While her snark is more understated, she fences with Tamara at full blast.
Rau Peipei/Shantoulon Peipei
- Anime Chinese Girl: Her magical girl outfit and her Chinese ethnicity appearance made her look like a stereotypical one.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: She's undergone a complete makeover since the war, with tanned skin and blonde hair.
- Fighting with Chucks: Her primary weapon is a pair of nunchucks.
- Girlish Pigtails: She had two during her time as a magical girl as one of the Legendary Five, after her surgery, she traded it in for a Tomboyish Pony Tail.
- Greed: Notably, unlike the rest of the girls, her plans after the battle were get money.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: She starts as one of the Magical Five, but becomes an assassin for hire in order to take care of a girl she saved on a mission, the "Astrologer." The Babel Brigade takes the Astrologer hostage in order to force her to work for them, but she joins Asuka after Chisato saves the Astrologer.
- Older Than She Looks: After she underwent her surgery, She not only looked like a Dark-Skinned Blonde, but with her added height and Boobs of Steel. She now looks like a woman in her early twenties rather the rest of the girls.
- Professional Killer: While the other girls have joined their nations' military, Peipei is an assassin for hire.
- Expy: This is what you get when you put Pikachu in a Magical Girl series...
- Mr. Exposition: He's the most common source of exposition on the magical world. Sometimes to the characters, other times across the fourth wall to the viewers.
- Power Fist: His magical weapon is a set of spiked brass knuckles.
- Verbal Tic: chu!
Other Legendary Magical Girls
Chisato Yonamine/Whiplash Chisato
- Abusive Parents: Her father tried to have her become a prostitute. When she was rejected because she was a minor, her father tried to beat her to death.
- A Day in the Limelight: She gets to be the star of a special mission in Chapter 38.1.
- Armed Legs: Her prosthetic leg has hidden knives.
- Artificial Limbs: Is given an artificial leg courtesy of Babel Library after she joins the group.
- Boxed Crook: Recruited into M-Squad, since Magical Girls are so rare. Kurumi places a magical ribbon around her neck that will cause her unbearable agony if she tries to betray them.
- Corrupt the Cutie: In his dying moments, Giess reveals that he and the Babel Brigade engineered the accident that ruined her life in order to make it easier for them to recruit her and the people she killed in revenge for her losing a leg and her mother's death were innocent all along.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Long before she became a Magical Girl, she used to be a karate student before losing her leg in an accident that took her mother's life. Her father was about to offer to the Sex Industry, but was spared due to being a minor.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Before the start of the story she was just a young girl encouraged by her mother to become a martial arts practitioner, by the end of her arc she has become a Dark Magical Girl, put the Spirit World-Human alliance in jeopardy and nearly killed Kurumi before being stopped.
- Handicapped Badass: after given magical powers, her prosthetics also acts as weapons through hidden knives.
- HeelFace Turn: After being captured by Kurumi and realizes the truth about the Babel Brigade's involvement in her accident, she joins the M-Squad alongside Nazani in hunting them down, though she was put in a Restraining Bolt through a ribbon in her neck in case she betrays them.
- Impaled Palm: Both of her hands get stabbed by a brainwashed Tamara during their fight and is pinned to a wall as a result. Thankfully, Nazani rescues her shortly after while Asuka and Kurumi take over fighting Tamara.
- Instant Expert: She only recently became a magical girl, yet manages to hold an advantage for most of her battle with the more experienced Kurumi before being paralyzed by the latter's syringe. Justified because she has prior karate experience.
- Kick Chick: Her attacks come up as this.
- Revenge: She enjoyed murdering the people who killed her mother and mutilated her.
- Sixth Ranger: To the M-Squad, alongside Nazani.
- Stripperiffic: Her magical girl form shows a lot of skin.
- These Hands Have Killed: She becomes horrified upon discovering the people responsible for her mother's death had been mind-controlled to do so.
- Unwitting Pawn: The accident that ruined her life was actually engineered by the Babel Brigade.
- Villainous Valour: Granted, she was backed up by Babel Brigade, but she showed lots of guts when going against the Magical Five and an entire army of conventional troops, magical-powered operatives and their Spirit World allies despite being quite a newbie to the Magical Girl business.
- Whip It Good: Her Transformation Trinket is a bracelet that transforms into a whip.
- Biker Babe: 'Chevalier' Francine the French Magical Girl is known to ride her bike into battle, wielding a Blade on a Stick, making for a modern style jousting. She's the original leader of the Magical Girl team, who passed leadership to Asuka.
- Handsome Lech: She hits on both Asuka and Kurumi, to the point where Kurumi threatens to chemically castrate her.
- Posthumous Character: Francine has been killed during the Mt. Aso operation.
M-Squad aka Magical Girl Operations Development Unit
- An Arm and a Leg: Lost his right arm during the final battle three years prior.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: Formerly with the Special Forces Group before losing an arm forced him to take up a command role with M-Squad instead.
- The Handler: His official position puts him as Asuka's. In practice, he's also her Parental Substitute.
- Parental Substitute: Has become Asuka's guardian after she lost her parents.
- Sole Survivor: Of the Japanese contingent sent to Mt. Aso when the Disas invaded the Earth.
Special Activities Division
- Big Eater: She can really pack away the food.
- Black and White Insanity: The trauma of being tortured by a Magical Girl caused her to lose her ability of reasoning and believed all Magical Girls are evil.
- Book Dumb: Gets very "tired" after thirty minutes of studying.
- Break the Cutie: After being kidnapped and tortured by the Russian Mafia, alongside Abigail, a magical girl who works with the mob, she is left with PTSD symptoms and has developed a fear and resentment of magical girls and also lost the ability to listen to reason as a result, as shown when her father tried to remind her that Rapture and War Nurse saved her from said Mafia and magical girl, when she reacted with fear to them.
- Buxom Is Better: She loves girls with big boobs.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Not shy about admiring girls' bodies and routinely flirts with Asuka. She's not nearly as aggressive as Kurumi, though.
- Genki Girl: Very chipper, lively, and outgoing, in contrast of the shy Sayako.
- Irrational Hatred: Of all Magical Girls as a result of her PTSD from being tortured by one, no matter good or evil.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Her father decides that it's best that her memory is erased so she goes back to the way she was before, well, everything.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The lively and headstrong Red Oni to Sayako's shy and rational Blue Oni.
Sayako Hata/Sekhmet Sayako
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Has a female variant of this relationship with Asuka. Had it not been for Sayako, Asuka may not have adjusted to the normal way of life as well as she has.
- Foil: To Nozomi; both were involved in a terrorist attack. However, unlike Nozomi, who grew fearful and resentfully Fantastic Racist of Magical Girls due to being tortured by Abigail, even after being saved by Asuka and Kurumi, until she got her memory erased, Sayako didn't lose her faith in them, even after being saved by Asuka, while still being affected by the attack.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The shy and rational Blue Oni to Nozomi's lively and headstrong Red Oni.
- Shrinking Violet: Very shy and timid in contrast of the lively Nozomi.
- Abusive Dad: He abuses his daughter and tried to sell her to prostitution.
- Asshole Victim: After abusing his daughter for his wife's death and trying to sell her to prostitution, he gets killed by Giess.
- The Gambling Addict: According to Chisato, his gambling led to his family to be in debt.
- Lower-Class Lout: He is a slob of a slimeball and an Abusive Dad.
- Never My Fault: He abuses his daughter because he blames her for the debt they are in rather than his gambling addiction.
- No Name Given: His first name isn't mentioned at all.
- Slimeball: He was a deadbeat who was The Gambling Addict and tried to sell her daughter to prostitution.
- You Should Have Died Instead: Said this to Chisato when he prefer to have his wife survive than her.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Chisato loved her mother, and has nothing but good things to say about her (although she mentioned she is not that good at cooking), even after death, in stark contrast of her deadbeat of a father.
National Police Agency
- Adult Fear: His daughter, Nozomi, gets kidnapped and tortured by the Russian Mafia and Pick Scissors Abby, a rogue Magical Girl from the Babel Library, thus developing PTSD and Fantastic Racism towards them, even after Rapture and War Nurse saved her. Even Akinori thinks she lost her reasoning due to said PTSD and was concerned for her for it.
Babel Library/Babel Brigade
- Big Bad: She is the head of Babel Library and the biggest obstacle in the manga so far.
- Barrier Warrior: So far, she is capable of creating shields that are more tougher than the normal sheilds used by both the Magical Girls and their allies.
- Card-Carrying Villain: She refers to herself and Abby as bad Magical Girls.
- The Faceless: So far, her face is currently yet to be revealed.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Gets a great one upon beginning the assault on United Nations headquarters:Brigadier: "Good morning New York... and welcome to hell."
Abigail/Pick Scissors Abby
A scissor wielding magical girl who is an expert in torture and Netherbeasts weapons dealing. She has a direct and more...intimate relationship with the one behind the scenes of latest terrorist attacks.
- Ax-Crazy: Ye, God Yes.
- Bifurcated Weapon: Her weapon can split into two blades for Dual Wielding.
- Cleavage Window: Her magical girl outfit comes with one of these.
- The Dragon: To Brigadier.
- Evil Counterpart: To Kurumi, who is also Torture Technician and Psycho Lesbian.
- Fingore: Is subject to this in her first battle with Asuka and Kurumi. She gets new fingers from her Queen afterward.
- The Immodest Orgasm: She's anything but quiet whenever she and Brigadier make love.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: Her mouth is quite filthy.
- Psycho Lesbian: Is madly in love with her boss, the Queen, and she's a total psycho.
- Shear Menace: Her main weapon is a pair scissors.
- Achilles' Heel: He's durable enough to tank any attack General Tabira and Asuka throw at him, but he can be weakened by destroying his liquid magic tank on his lower left back.
- Affably Evil: While he is one of the Babel Brigade and remorseless mass murderer, Giess is genuinely supportive of Chisato and respects Asuka's answer with no belittlement. Overall, he came across as one of the nicer members personality wise.
- Becoming the Mask: He befriended Chisato in order to manipulate her into becoming an evil Magical Girl, but he uses his dying breath to apologize to her and to tell her to forget about the brigade.
- Child Soldiers: He was forcefully recruited by Somali guerrillas, after they destroyed his village. He was trained by them, used in combat, and then left to die.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Giess was forced by Somali guerrillas to kill his immediate family just to survive.
- The Corrupter: He kidnaps the people who caused Chisato's accident and tells her to kill them slowly and painfully, since he needs her to prove her ruthlessness. Downplayed in that she complies without hesitation. It turns out he himself was responsible for making them crash into Chisato.
- Cyborg: He looks like a burly robot, but he states that he still has some biological parts left.
- Face Palm Of Doom: How he kills Chisato's father.
- Hero Killer: His tactical experience as a guerrilla fighter in Somalia was put to use in the Naha arc, wiping out scores of police officers and JGSDF soldiers in the surprise attack.
- Monster Sob Story: His backstory reveals his forced recruitment through rape-proxy and how he was treated as an expendable trooper before being saved by the Babel Brigade.
- Rape by Proxy: He mentions the guerrillas that destroyed his village forced him to assault his own sister at gunpoint.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: He used to look up to magical girls and thought they could change the world, but became cynical when his home was ravaged by war in spite of the Netherbeasts' defeat.
- Vocal Dissonance: Subverted. This hulking behemoth speaks with a child's voice, but when he's finally defeated, his true form is shown and it is indeed a suitable voice for it.
- Younger Than They Look: It's hard to tell from his cyborg body, but he's a Child Soldier and is actually younger than Chisato. Though the anime makes his age more obvious because of his voice.
- Blade on a Stick: In her humanoid form, she wields a large halberd.
- Boobs of Steel: Has perhaps the biggest boobs in the series so far, and she's a powerful Otherworld general.
- Cuddle Bug: She's very affectionate towards the Magical Five and likes to hug them, to a suffocating degree.
- Cuteness Proximity: After she had to transform into a little fairy to recover, several people such as Tamara and especially Kaede were totally smitten by her new cuteness.
- Four-Star Badass: She's the general of Meripiko, a Spirit World nation, and is capable of fighting.
- Marshmallow Hell: She does this to Asuka when she meets the magical girls in Naha. It's one of the reasons why Asuka was reluctant to see her again.
- Sleep-Mode Size: After being injured by Giess, she takes the form of a small fairy to recover her strength.
- Statuesque Stunner: In her humanoid form, she towers over most human males.
- Worf Had the Flu: He's easily killed by Giess, just to show how dangerous he is with his enhanced armor.
- Butt-Monkey: She is always subjected to torture by various characters ranging from Kurumi to the Russians.
- Cat Smile: Is prone to this whenever she's acting cheerful or affectionate.
- Cute Witch: Despite suffering through a Trauma Conga Line, her looks are quite adorable.
- Defeat Means Friendship: More like defeated means getting tortured and injected with a serum that makes her obey her master's wishes.
- Girlish Pigtails: Sports a pair of shoulder-length twintails supported by a pair of purple ribbons.
- Happiness in Slavery: She seems to enjoy the role of being a BDSM pet, and claims to be better off after having received punishment for her actions prior to it. It becomes less like this when shes given her freedom and learns her origins.
- Playing with Fire: Her magical item is capable of throwing fireballs at her enemies.
- Superhuman Trafficking: Was a victim of this trope, being one of many girls abducted by traffickers for their magic potential and later became an instrument for the Babel Brigade.
- Token Mini-Moe: To the whole cast, so far.
- Torture Is Ineffective: Double subverted. The effects of Varvara's tentacle hentai torture on Nazani are temporary and far less effective against her, as opposed to the female Russian soldier who was utterly mindbroken and became a pleasure slave. That's because Nazani's already had worse "pleasure torture" from Kurumi's injections.
- Trauma Conga Line: Ooh boy does she ever. After being defeated by Asuka she was interrogated and tortured by Kurumi, injected her with a serum that makes her obey Kurumi's wishes, had a troubled childhood, and subjected with BDSM and Tentacle Hentai by a Russian operative who made Tamara Brainwashed and Crazy.