Character sheets for the roster of Magical Battle Arena. For some of the characters' other tropes, please consult their respective series' character pages.
Watch out for spoilers!
- Origin: Magical Girl Lyrical NanohaWeapon: Raising Heart Excelion
- Wave Motion Gun: Her Desperation Attack ends with her firing Excelion Buster. At point-blank range. Ouch.
- Origin: Magical Girl Lyrical NanohaWeapon: Bardiche Assault
- Shock and Awe
- Stance System: Her block special allows her to switch between Lightning (default, mid-range fighting) and Sonic (close-range, Fragile Speedster fighting) forms.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Her main weapon Bardiche Assualt, which can take on one of three forms:
- Origin: Cardcaptor SakuraWeapon: Star Wand + Sakura Cards
- Ditto Fighter: She can use The Mirror to turn into a clone of her opponent for a limited period of time à la Shang Tsung.
- Phantom Zone Picture: Her Desperation Attack has her seal her opponent up inside one of her Sakura Cards before ejecting them.
- Playing with Fire: Uses The Firey to spew flames at her enemies.
- Spam Attack: Uses The Fight in one of her melee attacks.
- Origin: Magical Girl Kirara & Sarara ~Dioskroi of Starlit Sky~Weapon: Dynamis Cale Duo
- Origin: Magical Girl Kirara & Sarara ~Dioskroi of Starlit Sky~Weapon: Tale Wayne Anthos
- Origin: Magical Battle ArenaWeapon: Exa-Drill
- Anti-Villain: Type-III. Hey, she's Just Following Orders here.
- Artificial Human: Though it wasn't outright stated in the backstory, presumably she too was created to keep Kyrios up and running.
- The Dragon: Serves as this to Nowel. Doesn't stop her from turning against her in their stories though.
- Final Boss: If using Nowel in story mode, she'll play this role.
- HeelFace Turn: Both her story and Nowel's culminate in her switching sides to the heroes to stop Nowel.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Her ranged special.
- Original Generation: One of two made for this game alongside Nowel.
- Put on a Bus: She's noticeably absent in NEXT, which is especially strange since that game focuses more on Tag Team battles than this one, and Nowel is fought on her own there.
- Really 700 Years Old
- Sixth Ranger: Both her story and Nowel's have her joining the heroes to stop the former.
- This Is a Drill: From her signature weapon Exa-Drill, to her pigtails, her shoes and launching drills at her enemies, she's arguably the most triumphant example of this trope.
- Origin: Magical Battle ArenaWeapon: Curio Craith
- Anti-Villain: Type-III, as the story shows.
- Artificial Human: She was originally created to manage the magic tuning system Kyrios in the backstory.
- Big Bad
- Et Tu, Brute?: She takes Ruru turning against her pretty badly in both their stories, though they eventually do make up in the end.
- Final Boss: Plays this role in all the stories, with the exception of her own where she fights Ruru at the end.
- Original Generation: One of two made for this game alongside Ruru.
- Pillar of Light: Her Desperation Attack.
- Really 700 Years Old
- Spam Attack: Her other Desperation Attack.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She only wants to ensure that The Multiverse doesn't get torn apart by dimension quakes. And if that means sacrificing mages to keep Kyrios up and running, then so be it.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Her main belief regarding the fate of the Telos. This leads to her getting her arse handed to her by the heroines.
- Weapon: ???
Added in v1.01~v1.05+
- Weapon: Short Sword
- Weapon: Sword
- Golem: Her Desperation Attack has her summon one to lay the smackdown on her enemies.
- Harmless Freezing: Her Freeze Arrow attack.
- An Ice Person: Her Dynast Breath attack.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Her other Desperation Attack. Knowing her, you can probably guess what happens next...
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Loves to indulge in this, to the chagrin of others. It also serves as the basis of her aforementioned Desperation Attack.
- Stripperiffic: Isn't it obvious?
- Origin: Magical Circle Guru-GuruWeapon: Magic Wand
- Gravity Sucks: Mini Planet.
- Lethal Joke Character
- Mana Burn: Long Voiced Cat, which depletes her opponent's Charge Meter.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Her Super-Deformed looks stand out compared to the other characters, who otherwise have somewhat more realistic proportions (anime faces notwithstanding).
Introduced in Lyrical Pack
- Origin: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A'sWeapon: Schwertkreuz + Tome of the Night Sky
- Glass Cannon: She's got some of the strongest special offense in the game, capable of taking large chunks of health off her opponents. The only problem is, she has to stand perfectly still and has to charge her moves before firing them, making her a sitting duck to anyone who gets too close for comfort.
- An Ice Person: Her Atem des Eis attack.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Her Desperation Attack has her summon Nanoha and Fate and use their Starlight Breaker, Plasma Zamber Breaker and Ragnarök Breaker attacks all at once on her foe. This was originally used to stun the Book of Darkness' Darkness (an Eldritch Abomination so powerful that not even entire armies could stop it) in the original source material.
- Throw the Book at Them: She can lob her Tome of the Night Sky at her enemies.
- Origin: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A'sWeapon: Graf Eisen
- Weapon: Raising Heart Excelion
- Attack Drone: Utilizes Blaster Bits in battle.
- Cast from Hit Points: The side-effect of using her Blaster System.
- Glass Cannon: When in Blaster mode, she can hit way harder than everyone else. The only problem is that using it drains her health.
- Wave Motion Gun: Pretty damn obvious, really. Her normal super's the Blaster-3 Starlight Breaker (five simultaneous Starlight Breakers aimed at a single target from multiple directions) that Vivio wound up on the receiving end of in StrikerS. It does even more damage than her Desperation Attack and even if your opponent managed to get away from the beams, chances are that the resulting shockwave will do them in what with it being so huge that an entire stamina bar is needed to escape from it on larger maps. And on smaller ones? Well...
Added in v1.53+~v1.54+
- Weapon: ???
- Cast from Hit Points: Literally. Every time she attacks or flies, she loses HP. This is a reference to the original source material, where every time she attacked Phibrizo, her hold on Lina decreased until she eventually lost possession of her body.
- Creepy Monotone: Speaks in an eerie, emotionless tone.
- Golden Super Mode: Glows with a golden shine, and probably would have been able to kick Ruru and Nowel's butts if she had appeared in story mode.
- Purposely Overpowered: Appropriately enough, she's this.
- Origin: Magical Circle Guru-GuruWeapon: Bare Fists
- That One Guy: The only male guy out of the otherwise-female cast.
Introduced in Complete Form
- Weapon: Bardiche Assault
Hikaru Shidou, Umi Ryuuzaki and Fuu Hououji
- Origin: Magic Knight RayearthWeapon: Sword of Light (Hikaru), Sword of the Sea (Umi), Sword of Wind (Fuu)
- Humongous Mecha: Their Desperation Attack has them call upon a giant robot to lay the smackdown on their enemies.
- Making a Splash: Umi's Aoi Tatsumaki.
- Playing with Fire: Hikaru's Honou no Ya.
- Power Trio
- Shock and Awe: Hikaru's Akai Inazuma.
- Tag Team: Their main gimmick. While only one girl can be active in battle, they can switch places with each other depending on the special attack used.