Magical Girls | Kyubey and the Witches | Supporting Characters | The Movie Rebellion | Kazumi Magica (Magical Girls | Others) | Oriko Magica | Suzune Magica | Tart Magica | Portable | Magia Record (Main Cast | Madoka Cast | The Wings of Magius | Spinoff Characters | Flame Magical Girls | Aqua Magical Girls | Forest Magical Girls | Light Magical Girls | Dark Magical Girls | Other Magical Girls | Crossover Characters) | Concept Movie Trailer | Wraith Arc
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: Knight Resolve
Illustrated by: Kei Toru
Voiced by: Rie Takahashi
One of the initial playable characters. A magical girl with a strong sense of justice. When she was young, she became obsessed with a knight of justice in a picture book, and since then, she's wished to become a knight that can help people in trouble as well. She also was influenced strongly by her father who was part of a rescue squad, and she prefers saving people's lives over defeating the enemies in front of her.
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: Sasara acts as one to Asuka Tatsuki, who tries to self-flagellate for every perceived misdeed.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Sasara is functionally a magical girl rescue worker, always prioritizing rescuing civilians over fighting witches.
- Deer in the Headlights: When Sasara is caught in a hostage situation, she can't do anything but hyperventilate. She becomes a magical girl so it won't happen again.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Witch's kisses put people into a catatonic state after they're taken out of a barrier, so for all the good she does, Sasara never gets so much as a "thank you". Sasara hates the fact that she wants someone to praise her for doing the right thing. She gets a bit better once she teams up with Asuka.
- Fleur de Lis: One on her skirt as a magical girl, reflecting her admiration of the knights of old.
- Hair Decorations: A red butterfly clip in her civilian outfit, that her Soul Gem takes the place of when she transforms.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Her weapon of choice is a sabre.
- Hostage Situation: Gets stuck as a hostage in a grocery store in her backstory.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Sasara aspires to be one, inspired by both the knights in picture books and her father, a rescue worker.
- Showgirl Skirt: In her magical girl form, on top of a miniskirt.
- Small Steps Hero: Sasara prioritizes saving the people trapped in witches' barriers over fighting the witches themselves. This drives a wedge between her and Asuka when they first meet, as Asuka prioritizes defeating the witch over everything else.
- Storm of Blades: Sasara's Magia, Knight Resolve, has her summon glowing broadswords and launch them at the enemy, with a few more falling from the sky for good measure.
- Too Many Belts: At least three, though one does hold her scabbard.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her magical girl form, and Grade B in her school uniform.
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: Myriad Meese
Illustrated by: Sasagi Koushi
Voiced by: Ayaka Nanase
One of the initial playable characters. An elusive magical girl who wanders about searching for her own place. Because she cannot figure out what she likes, her dreams for the future, or even her own identity as a person, she carries a lot of anxiety due to her nebulous future. Befitting the only child of a family that runs a café, she is always calm. She wished to be there where her boyfriend was when he had an accident.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her magical girl form.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: From the narration, it's pretty clear that the only reason why Shizuku and Fuuin weren't officially dating was because Shizuku's father disapproved of their relationship, mostly because Fuuin was a 'searching for my calling' kind of homeless vagrant.
- Deadly Disc: Her weapons of choice are a pair of chakrams.
- Desperately Seeking A Purpose In Life: The boy she made her wish for and was planning her life around died before her eyes, so now she has no idea what to do with herself.
- Family Business: Shizuku's family runs a coffee shop.
- Fingerless Gloves: She sports a pair in her magical girl form.
- Friendship Denial: After Yachiyo finds her working for a 'shady group', Yachiyo takes her into her inner circle. Shizuku is very grateful of the gesture, but later has a second thought when she thinks she's disturbing the group's dynamic, despite they're planning to accept her no matter what. Shizuku leaves the Nanami Household without telling anyone, but the gesture is enough sign to sadden Iroha and Yachiyo.
- My Greatest Failure: Shizuku's crush got in a horrible accident, so she wished to be taken to his location. But when she got there, all she could do was watch him die.
- Of Corsets Sexy: A bustier crop top in her magical girl form.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: In her magical girl form.
- The Stoic: Her bio and Memoria describe her as quiet and calm.
- Teleportation: Her wish to immediately come to her crush's side on his deathbed causes her to have a teleportation power by slicing open the air and creating portals to wherever she wants.
- Too Many Belts: At least three, and one of them has her soul gem on it.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: In her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 3*
Magia: Invisible Assassin
Illustrated by: H2S04
Voiced by: Shizuka Ishigami
One of the initial playable characters. A magical girl who rarely feels emotional highs or lows. She was born into a calm household that didn't have much strife, and her parents loved her as she grew up. But perhaps naturally, she developed a very cold personality and leads a quiet and detached life. Meanwhile, on the inside, she yearns for excitement. It is unknown what exactly she wished for.
- Broken Ace: She's quick at picking up skills, her family is very stable, and she never lacks of anything. It instead makes her bored with life because she never really has anything going on. She took up both swimming and magical girl contract thinking that those can bring some excitement but because she's doing good at both, they only become a momentary thrill and she returns to being her unmotivated self.
- Critical Hit Class: Her personal guarantees critical hits for one turn and her connect's sole effect is giving one of the highest critical hit chances in the game, meaning she more or less counts as this.
- Emotionless Girl: Masara's affect is pretty... flat, and she doesn't understand why seeing Kokoro get hurt makes her feel bad.
- The witch in "Howa Howa Girl" event stole everyone's most treasured items. Masara's dialogue is only that she's wondering why everyone seems busy, implying that she has nothing with sentimental value.
- Giant Poofy Sleeves: In her magical girl form.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Downplayed. Masara doesn't understand why someone would want to hang out with her, since as far as she can tell, they're not getting anything out of it.
- Hidden Depths: She really likes watching documentaries on TV because it always gives her random trivia she didn't know previously.
- Invisibility: She disappears before some of her attacks. Her Magia, Invisible Assassin, has her vanish and then go to town on her enemies.
- Jumped at the Call: Masara was sick of being bored with her life, so she contracted because she thought it might interest her. She got bored of it once the novelty wears off.
- The Spock: Thinks of life in terms of "merits" and "demerits", without any regard for how feelings factor into it. For instance, when Kokoro wants to hang out with her and share sweets, she can't see how it benefits Kokoro.
- Tin Man: She bemoans not being able to find interest in her life, and envies people who get excited about things.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Masara does, in her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 3*
Magia: Thunder Torrent
Illustrated by: Yuugen
Voiced by: Haruka Yoshimura
A magical girl from Kamihama City's facility 'Azalea's House'. She was in an accident while traveling with her family, and only she survived. Afterwards was taken in by the Azalea House. However, despite her dark background, her personality is bright and social, and she's also good at communicating with the world around her. The trio she is a part of, joint-wished for the survival of their orphanage, and her specific wish was to erase the memories of them.
Debuted on October 10th, 2017 as one of the main characters in "And So The Azalea Blooms" event.
- An Axe to Grind: Two of them, actually.
- Cape Swish: During her transformation sequence.
- The Conscience: She serves this to Konoha, whose paranoia is often detrimental to everyone, because not even Konoha can completely shut her off unlike Ayame. Only Hazuki that is close enough to Konoha for her to trust her words, stubborn enough to fight off Konoha's own hardheadedness, and mature enough to give Konoha's good advice. So, when Konoha will no longer listen to reason at the climax of the 'Azalea' event, it alarms Hazuki of a possible third party manipulating Konoha.
- Control Freak: She obsession with schedule is mostly rooted on her perceptive desire to have everything under her control after she lost her family from something that she had no way of preventing. Because of this, she has low opinion on things that she can't directly move, thinking that bond outside her fellow Azalea orphans as mere convenience and has no strong loyalty toward it. Her fetish for sophisticated mind-game is because she finds thrill when things going All According to Plan.
- Dual Wielding: Two axes.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Two different lengths of stockings, and a white garter on her right leg, but not her left.
- Fingerless Gloves: Sports a pair in her magical girl form.
- Flower in Her Hair: A yellow azalea.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: In her four-star card.
- Orphanage of Love: Grew up in one.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: Despite her usually affable nature, Hazuki's relationship with Nanaka devolves into this, because their respective instincts warn them of each other's untrustworthiness. Akira even says that, "Their faces are smiling, but their eyes are not."
- The Rival: When it comes to her interaction with Nanaka, Hazuki is The Rival to Nanaka's The Hero, mostly because Hazuki has a less benevolent and more selfish motivation compared to Nanaka, and she's still portrayed this way even in her own side-story. Just like any rival character, she ultimately lost against The Hero.
- Saving the Orphanage: Why she and her friends became magical girls.
- Schedule Fanatic: Because she's good at resource management, Hazuki is tasked on the household's schedule. Her personal Memoria 'Hazuki is Always Busy' depicts her calendar, of which each day is filled with her plans sometimes down to each hour, showing that she's like a housewife on tight budget waiting for discounts.
- Shock and Awe: Her powers are electricity-themed.
- Stepford Smiler: Since her parents died, though the director of the orphanage saw right through it.
- True Companions: With Konoha Shizumi and Ayame Mikuri. They grew up in an orphanage together and made their wishes together.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Discreet Bullet
Illustrated by: GAN
Voiced by: Reina Kondou
A magical girl who holds down an obsession inside her heart. She has lived with her father since her parents' divorce in her childhood, but as they have not been able to face each other they have had an uneasy relationship for a long time. She does not openly express her attitude and spends her days indecisively. She wished for her mother to come back.
Debuted on November 11th, 2017 as one of the main characters in "We Passed the First of That Day" event.
- Dual Tonfas: Pile driver tonfas.
- Ground Punch: Kokoro punches the ground a few times to charge up for her Magia.
- Hair Decorations: Yellow cubes holding her hair loopies in place.
- Nice Hat: Kokoro wears a nurse hat, and her doppel, Pamela, wears a top hat.
- Only Friend: To Masara, who, for the life of her, cannot understand why Kokoro wants to hang out.
- Percussive Maintenance: Whenever Kokoro summons her doppel, she has to hit Pamela a few times to get it going. Then it starts spinning around like the Beyblade from hell.
- Sensual Spandex: The bottom layer of her magical girl outfit is a spandex bodysuit.
- Shock and Awe: Her primary form of attack; an update to her animations even made the tonfas electrified.
- Showgirl Skirt: In her magical girl form.
- Spider Limbs: Kokoro's doppel has a bunch of these. It lifts them out of the way for its spinning attack.
- Stepford Smiler: So much so that her doppel's trait is restraint.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Yummy Hunter
Illustrated by: Ragho no Erika
Voiced by: Hikaru Akao
A younger sister magical girl, that any other magical girls feel like an older sister. Every day, she acts as the mascot of her homes bento shop, attracting customers and warming their hearts. While she may seem to be nothing more than an innocent elementary school student, she doesnt forget to have concern for the adults around her, and is an admirable go-getter. She wished for a girl she knew to be able to marry a guy she loved from another ward.
She made her playable debut on October 9th, 2018 as the main character of "It's Okay to Be Clumsy" event.
- Adorably Precocious Child: She's very young. She's also very responsible. She often take care of her family's lunch shop by herself while her parents are working with their other works, and she does a great job on it.
- Blade on a Stick: Her weapon is the gigantic bento pick that she throws like a javelin.
- Damsel in Distress: She's debuted being rescued by Yachiyo from almost getting killed by the Wings of Magius's purge in Chapter 8.
- Everyone's Baby Sister: She's a very young magical girl, that other magical girls can't help but be protective of her. Her profile even says that she's such a "younger sister magical girl, that any other magical girls feel like an older sister."
- Incredible Shrinking Man: A witch shrinks her down, leaving her vulnerable to be ganged up by familiars. Riko ends up riding Kyubey into battle like a jousting knight.
- Romantic Wingman: Her story as a magical girl started when she made her wish so the girl that she looks up as an older sister could marry a guy from a different district ward. Her Doppel's form is said to be a 'moonlit matchmaker' and has the same name as the Chinese God of Marriage.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Next is this song
Illustrated by: Yano Mitsuki
Voiced by: Machico
Debuted on June 10th, 2019 as the main character of "Sayuki Steps Up! desuu~" event.
- Cool Sword: She doesn't actually use one, but she loves swords, especially ancient ones. She has a katana-shaped barrette in magical girl form, her most treasured item is a book on ancient swords, and during Mayu's side story she's dying to see the exhibit on ancient swords that the art museum Mayu works at is putting on. Her Doppel does use a katana to attack.
- Idol Singer: She is mentioned to be Rena Minami's favorite idol.
- Magic Idol Singer: She is an idol and a magical girl who uses her song to fight Witches and familiars.
- Nice Girl: Very sweet and friendly, and is friends with fellow Nice Girl Mayu.
- Promoted to Playable: Sayuki was an NPC from "The Howa Howa Girl" event. She was made playable in June 2019.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She's kind and has peach-colored hair.