Magical Girls | Kyubey and the Witches | Supporting Characters | The Movie Rebellion | Kazumi Magica (Magical Girls | Others) | Oriko Magica | Suzune Magica | Tart Magica | Portable | Magia Record (Main Cast | Madoka Cast | The Wings of Magius | Spinoff Characters | Flame Magical Girls | Aqua Magical Girls | Forest Magical Girls | Light Magical Girls | Dark Magical Girls | Other Magical Girls | Crossover Characters) | Concept Movie Trailer | Wraith Arc
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: Atomo Arrabbiata
Illustrated by: GENJIN
Voiced by: Madoka Asahina
One of the initial playable characters. Though she looks young, she is a veteran magical girl with a long history. She serves as president of the science club at school, so she is also a woman of science. She is adored by her underclassmen, but they also tease her a lot because of her childish appearance. She herself is exceedingly serious and aims to be a sexy type of girl. An experiment gone wrong with Hydrogen sulfide put her in a deadly situation and turning into a magical girl was her only choice.
- Animal-Eared Headband: In her magical girl form.
- Chemistry Can Do Anything: Hinano's weapon is a bag of chemicals and test tubes, which she uses to attack her enemies and inflict status conditions.
- Deadly Gas: The reason she became a magical girl. An experiment involving hydrogen sulfide went so awry that she had to make a contract with Kyubey just to survive. Her doppel is more or less made entirely out of toxic gases.
- Experiment Show: Hinano puts these on for elementary school students, inspired by the presentations she saw at a science event as a child.
- Gratuitous Italian: Her Magia name means "Angry Atom", though in earlier versions it used the feminine version of the adjective for a masculine noun.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Of the cute variety.
- Height Angst: Hinano strives to become a "mature, sexy type" of girl, but her petite stature prevents this from becoming a reality. Her state of mind is probably not helped by Emiri's constant jokes as well. On the other hand, her doppel is practically a Statuesque Stunner, complete with long, shapely legs, much to Hinano's delight.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: When she was young, she as inspired to a chemist because she watched a science demonstration and the presenter was an older, beautiful, and tall woman. She wishes to be a leggy, beautiful woman mostly because she thinks she has no charisma looking the way she is and she feel that she can't inspire other people to better themselves like that woman because of it.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Part of her magical girl outfit, as her weapons are chemistry-based.
- Large Ham: Hinano turns into one when she does her presentations. Emiri knows something's wrong when Hinano starts saying her lines in a normal indoor speaking voice.
- Mad Scientist: One of her hobbies is doing flashy experiments while laughing maniacally. It even shows up in one of her Memorias.
- Meaningful Name: Her Doppel's name Cyan is actually the short of Cyanide, the chemical compound that is infamous for being highly toxic and volatile.
- Minidress of Power: In her magical girl form.
- Older Than They Look: She's actually 18, and her underclassmen tease her about her childish appearance.
- Science Hero: Uses her knowledge of chemistry to fight witches.
- Skewed Priorities: Apparently, constantly exposing herself and other people to dangerous chemicals is not that high in her list if she can have those long legs to do the Sexy Walk with.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in both her magical girl form and her school uniform.
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: Page Of Twinkle Road
Illustrated by: Shino
Voiced by: Eri Suzuki
One of the initial playable characters,. Basically a magical girl who loves books. She is the only daughter of a family that runs a rare book store in Kamihama City called "Natsume Library", and her mother is a Japanese teacher. She lives a life of reading. She is kind-hearted, and while she doesn't draw attention to herself, when her time to shine comes, she carries the mental strength to properly assert herself. Her wish was to return her family happiness and the library, as it had been set on fire to by a Witch-Kissed man.
- Badass Bookworm: Kako often plows through whole books in one sitting, and she's a capable magical girl. It's more obvious when she meets Umika, who is a quite famous novelist; Kako fangirls at both meeting her idol and fighting magical menaces along side of her.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her hair and eyes are the same shade of teal.
- Deer in the Headlights: Kako is too scared to do anything but watch when someone sets fire to Natsume Library.
- Family Business: Her father runs a book store called "Natsume Library", and the family lives upstairs. Kako absolutely adores it, to the point where her exclusive Memoria is just a shelf in the book store. So when it got burned down by a man under the influence of a witch, she wished to bring it back.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: She has a thigh-high stocking on her right leg, and a regular sock and red ribbons on her left.
- Flower in Her Hair: A big one on the right side of her head, and a little one in her left side bangs.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Kako can fire a massive one from her staff in her Magia, Page of Twinkle Road.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Of the cute variety.
- Magic Staff: Her weapon of choice.
- Meaningful Name: Her name uses the exact same spelling as in Natsume Souseki.
- Only Sane Man: When your best friends are a pair of muscleheads, it's no wonder that Kako can only marvel just how far Felicia and Ayame can go with their competitions.
- Secret Keeper: She's the only one who knew about the real context of Felicia's wish because Kyubey told her on a whim.
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: Peony Bouquet
Illustrated by: Amane Shiki
Voiced by: Suzuko Mimori
One of the initial playable characters. A magical girl with an unusually strong love of flowers who works as a florist. As she is warm-hearted, she will go to great lengths for the manager of the shop whom she admires. She is very good at serving customers, but when it comes to flowers, she can end up wasting time on them, too. Her specialty is flower arranging. A sweet old lady who manages a flower shop taught Konomi the charm of flowers, ever since then she's been working as a part-timer in her shop. One day, her mentor became very ill, and Konomi did what she could to protect her and the flower shop and wished for them to heal.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: She has a garter on her left leg, but not her right.
- Flower in Her Hair: A peony and a string of lilies-of-the-valley attached to a hair bow.
- Frills of Justice: On her skirt, in her gloves and boots, and a frilly garter on her left leg.
- Giant Poofy Sleeves: On her dress in her magical girl form.
- Green Thumb: Konomi can make flowers grow where she walks. She showcases this power in her Magia, Peony Bouquet. A field of flowers grows around her enemies, which she promptly cuts down.
- Innocent Flower Girl: She works part-time in a flower shop, and is kind, caring, and cute. Kyouko even calls Konomi cute when they meet.
- Shear Menace: Her weapon of choice is a massive pair of gardening shears.
- Showgirl Skirt: In her magical girl form, on top of another skirt.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Shooting Thorny Burst
Illustrated by: Hanokage
Voiced by: Maria Naganawa
A carefree and innocent magical girl, always living a natural way of life, however there are times when she can have a bit of a sharp tongue which makes people feel annoyed towards her, unlike her relaxed nature, Seika Kumi and Reira Ibuki are close childhood friends of hers that live in the same complex and she cherishes them more than anything else. She wished to connect hearts.
Debuted on March 12th, 2018 as one of the main characters in "Bye Bye, See You Tomorrow" event.
- Ambiguous Disorder: From the way her classmates often tease her, how their teasing flies over her head, her peculiar habits, the way her mother talks to her and her attempt to move Mito out of the unfriendly neighborhood imply that Mito is somewhere in the autism spectrum.
- Cat Smile: Sometimes sports one.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She likes to meow at the neighborhood cats because she really thinks that she can communicate with them that way (she can't). She also has a very extensive imagination; she draws creatures that she dreams up the entire world of, and what a sight it is.
- Draw Aggro: Her Connect and Magia have the affects of Provoke along with a chance (guaranteed at 5* for the Magia) of Evade, a cornerstone for a dodge-tanking wall that protects the squishier teammates.
- The Empath: Her specific power is "connecting hearts", a power that makes people she's connecting in between share their personal emotions even beyond mind-reading, in that they feel those emotions like it's their own.
- Four-Leaf Clover: Mito has clovers in her hair and on her costume, and a subplot in her debut event is her search for a four-leaf clover, hoping that the luck it brings will help end her friends' fight.
- Despite this, her associated suit is the spade, as seen from her arrowheads, with the club suit is implied belonged to the girl who disappeared along with her parents in the Daitou Apartment Complex.
- Frills of Justice: On the hems of her gloves and shorts in her magical girl form.
- Genius Ditz: While she's pretty childish otherwise, she's very sensitive when it comes to emotion that she's quite impervious to Kyubey's standard MO. When Kyubey approaches her to make contract, the fact that she can't get a good feel on him causes her to ask too many questions. When she still can't read him despite getting her answers, she makes a wish with a specific power of heart-reading that she immediately uses on Kyubey, realizing that his heart is one black void, and keep badgering him with questions until he flees from being overwhelmed.
- The Ingenue: Her optimism is very apparent in that she can never see anything as misfortune, instead thinking that her own shortcoming is the reason why things don't go her way and she should work harder to fix it.
- Shout-Out: Her Doppel is an homage to Nikolai Gogol's short story, The Overcoat. Its name is a Japanese version of the protagonist's, and the doppel's form is literally an overcoat.
- Taken for Granite: Her Doppel has the ability to turn anything, even the immaterial things like memories and emotions, into quartz.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Mito does, in her magical girl form.