Magical Girls | Kyubey and the Witches | Supporting Characters | The Movie Rebellion | Kazumi Magica (Magical Girls | Others) | Oriko Magica | Suzune Magica | Tart Magica | Portable | Magia Record (Main Cast | Madoka Cast | The Wings of Magius | Spinoff Characters | Flame Magical Girls | Aqua Magical Girls | Forest Magical Girls | Light Magical Girls | Dark Magical Girls | Other Magical Girls | Crossover Characters) | Concept Movie Trailer | Wraith Arc
A magical girl who practices everyday with the aim of being a licensed tutor in the Nagino Tachi Tezuka technique. The only daughter of the martial art dojo "Ryuushinbyu" with a long history. While she's disciplined and always pursue her goal earnestly, she also has a side that is quick to act without thinking, which may cause a disturbance.
One of the initial playable characters. The heir of Ryuuchinbyu dojo, a girl that is too earnest for her own good. Her beloved cousin wanted to be a police officer but because his father, who ran for the Kamihama mayoral election, was caught in an electoral fraud, he could have been disqualified from the police school. Her wish was that her cousin could be a police officer. She makes a magical girl duo with Sasara Minagi.
- Animal Motifs: Dragons. Both Asuka's last name and the name of her family dojo have the character for dragon in them, and she summons a giant water dragon in battle.
- Blade on a Stick: Her weapon of choice is a naginata.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She takes the bushido value to a ridiculous extent. She regularly tries to commit seppuku for minor mishaps, and Sasara has to stop her. She gets slightly better, in the New Year event - she only tries to do self-flaggelation after losing her hanetsuki match.
- Elemental Weapon: As a 5-star, her naginata is covered in water magic.
- Heir to the Dojo: The only daughter of the "Ryuushinbyu" family dojo. The dojo is where she learned to fight, and she bases her outlook on life around its teachings.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Her Magia, Shining Dragon Fang, has her summon a giant water dragon, which also appears in her transformation sequence.
- Lady Legionnaire Wear: Her skirt in her magical girl form, styled to look like samurai armor.
- Naginatas Are Feminine: Her weapon, which she's been trained in her whole life.
- No Sense of Direction: Kyubey points the way toward a witch and Asuka dashes off... in the opposite direction.
- Sarashi: Part of her magical girl outfit.
- Suicide as Comedy: He announcements that she will self-harm or even kill herself are treated as a joke.
- Water Is Blue: Asuka's outfit is mostly blue, and she is an Aqua-element magical girl.
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: Go! Fight! Win!
Illustrated by: Nan Yaegashi
Voiced by: Mako Morino
A magical girl who cheers for everyone and glows with cheerfulness. She loves baseball and at school, she cheers for the baseball team members as a cheerleader. She's also the baseball team manager and the cheer team manager, supporting everyone all year long without rest.
One of the initial playable characters. A girl who loves baseball, but can't pursue it because her middle school doesn't allow girls into the baseball club, so she became a cheerleader and found that she loves cheering on her friends more than she loves baseball. Her brother is an ace in his baseball team, but before the Little League tournament, he suddenly collapsed from fever. Unable to find a replacement and risking disqualification, Natsuki wished for her brother's recovery before the game.
- Battle Baton: Her weapon of choice.
- Cute Little Fang: Has one.
- Cute Sports Club Manager; She's one for her middle school's baseball team and the cheer team. She even likes to make lucky charms for other magical girls. She wanted to be on the baseball team with her brother and all her friends, but she couldn't because she was a girl.
- Frills of Justice: Fitting for a cheerleader-themed magical girl.
- Gainaxing: One of her Memoria reveals that she doesn't wear a bra with her cheerleading uniform. Which has to hurt.
- Genki Girl: Her most apparent characteristic is that she's constantly cheerful.
- Hair Decorations: A big black bow around her ponytail.
- Jiggle Physics: It's most notable in her magical girl uniform, but somebody really wanted to show off Natsuki's figure in her Live2D model.
- Modesty Shorts: Under her cheer uniform.
- Showgirl Skirt: As a magical girl, over top of another skirt.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Wears her hair in one.
- Water Is Blue: Blue oufit, Aqua-element magical girl.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 3*
Magia: White Camellia
Illustrated by: Hayami Chika
Voiced by: Mao Ichimichi
A magical girl whose family founded the famous "Kashinryuu" flower arranging school that dates back to the Edo period. She is attractive, irreproachable, and clear-headed. At first glance, she seems to have a calm and innocent personality, but in fact, she is a strategist who is always scheming. Further, she understands the situation she has been put in and copes with it calmly.
One of the initial playable characters, she appears as a secondary character in "And So The Azalea Blooms" event. The heir of her family's flower arranging school, but was wrestled away from her birthright by her father's students. Seeing the school was corrupted out of its tradition, Nanaka's father begged her on his deathbed to take back the school. Her wish is to gain power so she can enact revenge with her own hands, which gives her the ability to sense her enemies' hostile intention. The leader of a team consisting of herself, Akira Shinobu, Meiyui Chun, and Kako Natsume.
- Best Served Cold: Nanaka's father was barred from his own flower-arranging school by his students, and asked Nanaka to take it back before he died. Nanaka didn't know what she could do about it, so she made a contract with Kyubey to become powerful enough to fight back. Her contract allowed her to see that the school was under the influence of a witch, who had also caused numerous other disasters around Kamihama City.
- Complexity Addiction: Her largest flaw might her tendency to think the worst of people. In the "Azalea" event, she isolates Felicia from other girls likely because she thinks that a mercenary with no loyalty can't trusted, and she would soon backstab her allies if given a chance. The probability of such case happening is small simply because Felicia isn't smart enough to plan such thing, but Nanaka doesn't know that for she thinks that other people are as scheming as she is.
- Cultured Badass: She's part of a long line of flower arrangers, and she can hold her own in a fight.
- Flower in Her Hair: In her magical girl form, with her soul gem in the center.
- Good Is Not Soft: The amount of scheming she makes would portray seemingly her like a sinister figure, but each time she appears in the side-story, she's always unambiguously good. While she's not above blackmail and mind-games, unlike Well-Intentioned Extremist magical girls like Oriko, Nanaka always avoid options that is morally black like murder or permanent reputation damage toward her human enemies. Otherwise, she's a very pleasant person to be with.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Her weapon of choice in her magical girl form. Her sheath is actually containing twin katanas, both sheathed at each ends.
- Kimono Is Traditional: Her family's flower-arranging school dates back to the Edo period, and the reason Nanaka made her wish was to bring her father's traditional teachings back to it, so her magical girl outfit being a modified kimono makes sense.
- She wears an actual kimono when she arranges flowers, as seen in one of her Memoria.
- Last Request: On his deathbed, her father begged her to take back the family's flower-arranging school, as he had been kicked out by his students under the influence of a witch. This drove Nanaka to make her contract, so she could fulfill his dying wish.
- Manipulative Bitch: Kyubey notes that she might pretend to have a trouble fighting familiars to force Kako's hand into making contract for sake of boosting the number of her subordinates. She laughs it off, claiming that she's really not that strong and genuinely having a bad time fighting.
- Meganekko: Nanaka is wearing glasses in her civilian days. Because she doesn't use it when she's flower-arranging, that means she's a hyperopic.
- Petal Power: Her sword slashes tend to have flower petals traits and as a 5-star, she has flower petals surrounding her.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: In her magical girl form.
- Properly Paranoid: Her personal power is "knowing who her enemies", but it's more like her sensing hostile intention. She realizes that Kyubey is her 'enemy' before knowing the context and her power warns her of Hazuki's mistrust, and thus she's scheming around off-screen to get back at them.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: In Hazuki's sidestory, it is revealed that Nanaka had never experienced eating in a family restaurant or going in a cafe.
- The Strategist: Nanaka is always planning and analyzing her surroundings and situations.
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: Machinegun Fists
Illustrated by: Ochau
Voiced by: Tomo Muranaka
A magical girl with a boyish appearance and conduct. Due to her father who runs a karate dojo, she was raised and trained as an equal with the boys. With a personality that can't refuse a request from a person a need, she is called the "Troubleshooter of Saikyoin" thanks to her habit of getting involved in and taking care of all sorts of things.
One of the initial playable characters, appears as a minor character in "And So The Azalea Blooms" event. A tomboyish martial artist who feels compelled to help the helpless because of her father's advice. She walked in a Witch's barrier when investigating a missing underclassman, and contracted with Kyubey to gain power to save the trapped people in the barrier. One of the people roped in by Emiri for her "Trouble Consultation Office" because of her reputation for fixing people's problems.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her magical girl form.
- Bokukko: Akira uses "boku", befitting her Tomboy with a Girly Streak nature.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: She can't refuse anybody in need. She solves so many random problems that she's called the "Troubleshooter of Saikyoin". Her reason to contract and wish is that she stumbled upon Witch-kissed people and she contracted simply to have the power to help them.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: In her magical girl form, her shirt is cropped on the left side, but not the right.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: One of Akira's Memoria is her cooing over a teddy bear in a wedding dress.
- Hair Decorations: Star-shaped barrettes that she wears all the time.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: She can do this in her Magia, which is aptly named Machinegun Fists.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Akira's a black belt in karate and has a generally boyish attitude, but she also has a pile of teddy bears in her room, reads Shojo manga and romance novels, and records television dramas. She also admires Natsuki's cheer uniform.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: In her magical girl form.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B in her magical girl form, and Grade A in her school uniform.
- Base rarity: 3*
Magia: Hawk Shadow Slash
Illustrated by: Itokuni
Voiced by: Asuka Nishi
A magical girl who belongs to the organization known as the "Soukaihou." A user of kung fu. She left her parents in China and moved to Japan by herself. Normally her tone and demeanor is cool, but she conceals a passion for her beloved comrades and hometown that she treasures more than anything else. She is fond of mahjong.
One of the initial playable characters, appears as a minor character in "And So The Azalea Blooms" event. The third generation descendant of a China-born Japanese who stayed in China after the World War II, the family established a black market organization that is closely tied to the neighborhood. Meiyui's father was caught by the police on the suspicion of a crime that he had no connection to, and the organization was in danger of dissolving. Meiyui's wish was to protect Soukaihou.
- All Chinese People Know Kung-Fu: Meiyui certainly does.
- Anime Chinese Girl: She moved to Kamihama City from somewhere in China, knows kung fu, and wears a stylized qipao and odango in her magical girl form.
- But Not Too Black: As mentioned above, she is part-Japanese.
- Friendly Neighborhood Gangster: Her organization is allied with the police and operates more like a civil organization than a crime mob. When she finds out that Homura is stealing weapons from her organization, she lets Homura go because the guys she's stealing from were trying to cause trouble. She also uses her connections to get Tsuruno a job in a factory that is in debt to the Soukaihou.
- Frills of Justice: They're on her skirt, spilling out from her sleeves, and even in her hair.
- Hair Decorations: Meiyui's got quite a few. In her magical girl form, she wears frilly scrunchies with ribbons trailing down from them, little bows on the end of her braids, and barrettes to keep her side bangs out of her face. And in her civilian clothes, she wears little bows in her side bangs.
- I Work Alone: She's the only one from Nanaka's team that doesn't immediately join from her initial recruitment, rejecting her because of a combination of distrust and loyalty to her own organization. It's only when Nanaka shows that she's not all talk by helping Meiyui in a Witch fight that Meiyui agrees to join.
- Odango Hair: Wears her hair like this all the time.
- Qipao: A very, very frilly one in her magical girl form.
- Water Is Blue: Aqua-element magical girl and has blue outfit.
- Wolverine Claws: Her weapon of choice. They've got diamonds printed on them.
- Yakuza: A member of the "Soukaihou" group, who have allied themselves with the police. Meiyui is very protective of them, since they're also her family.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Butterfly Tempest
Illustrated by: Yuugen
Voiced by: Lynn
A magical girl from Kamihama city's facility 'Azalea's House'. Originally born and raised in a wealthy family, but the family business was crooked, her parents died of disease, and she was taken in by the Azalea House. She was a part of the facility's organizing committee, and excels at whatever she's doing, unless it's cooking.
Debuted in October 10, 2017 and one of the main characters in "And So The Azalea Blooms" event. A daughter of a successful businessman whose fortune was turned around, she came to Azalea House after her parents died of stress, and bonded with the orphanage's director and two other orphans, Hazuki and Ayame. Finding out that the orphanage was going to be demolished because of a government corruption conspiracy, the trio joint-wished for the orphanage's survival. Her specific wish was to erase the main cause that tried to demolish the Azalea House. Her Doppel Tagori has the ability to conjure inextinguishable will-o-wisps that will strike people who wronged her without fail. Distrustful and hostile toward strangers, she acts as the main hurdle for Hazuki and Ayame's attempts to work with local magical girls solving the fainting incident.
- The Ace: She's good at everything (except for cooking). One throwaway line in the story is that she provides for her and her friend's needs by playing with the stock market.
- Animal Eyes: Konoha gains these whenever she summons her doppel.
- Animal Motif: Butterflies. They appear in her transformation sequence, her staff has butterfly-shaped blades on both ends, and she summons a swarm of butterflies in her Magia, "Butterfly Tempest."
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In the event story, by the mystery villain.
- Double Weapon: A staff with two butterfly-shaped blades on the ends.
- Flower in Her Hair: A big blue azalea.
- Ineffectual Loner: Konoha's constantly suspicious because the Vice-Director of her orphanage, someone she should trust, betrayed her beloved deceased Director and tried to shut down the orphanage. She's always on the move because she can never feel safe anywhere, with Hazuki and Ayame being the only people she trusts. If the player decides to choose her route, unless you choose favorable dialogue options beforehand, her decisions will default to turning against other magical girls, and it always leads to a bad end. She and Hazuki both distrust people, but Hazuki is pragmatic enough to work with others for the sake of survival. Konoha isn't, but will listen to Hazuki's advice. The way her decisions often gravitate to Honor Before Reason, it's almost like diplomacy is her Dump Stat. She gets better at the end of the event.
- Kitsune: Her dopppel, Tagori, takes the form of a three-headed fox monster. The heads are modified kitsune masks.
- Lethal Chef: Her cooking is so bad that it makes people pass out. She's trying to work on it, with little success.
- My Beloved Smother: She really loves Hazuki and Ayame, but her actions tend to alienate them from others despite their wishes. The entire point of Hazuki's side story is that she's meeting with Nanaka behind Konoha's back, and Ayame's route in 'And So the Azalea Blooms' story arc starts because Ayame decides to befriend Kako of her own volition. Unless Hazuki and Ayame succeed in convincing Konoha in their respective routes, Konoha will cow them with her sheer overbearing presence into a bad end.
- Orphanage of Love: Raised in one.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: In her magical girl form.
- Sanity Slippage: The further you are into the 'Azalea' event, the more unreasonable she becomes. When the three are implicitly accused by several local magical girls of causing an incident where other magical girls are found unconscious, she blindly accuses them of putting her and her friends on the spot just because they're newcomers. It gets to the point where she, alone, tries to kill Yachiyo, Momoko, Rena and Kaede, not caring that she has to harm Hazuki and Ayame in the process when they try to stop her.
- Saving the Orphanage: Why she and her friends became magical girls.
- Took a Level in Kindness: In the New Year 2018 event, she notably lightens up toward Ayame's friends, treating Felicia to festival foods.
- True Companions: With Ayame Mikuri and Hazuki Yusa. They grew up in an orphanage together and made their wishes together.
- Villain Protagonist: While she's undeniably a main character of the "Azalea" event, she's also the most obviously hostile of all characters in the event beside the unseen culprit of the fainting incident. The trio would not have any problem integrating themselves with Kamihama's magical girl population if not for Konoha's constant antagonism toward everyone.
- Base rarity: 2* (event limited)
Magia: Summon Wave
Illustrated by: Hanokage
Voiced by: Azumi Waki
With an introverted personality, she's a magical girl who can't express her feelings openly. Living in the same apartment complex with Reira Ibuki and Mito Aino, she is socially distant with the exception of these two people. Seen as cold by people, the truth is she likes hot-blooded dramas and mangas. Her wish was to revive Reira.
Debuted on March 12th, 2018 as one of the main characters in "Bye Bye, See You Tomorrow" event.
- Closet Geek: Despite looking like a cold person, she really likes books and TV series that have hot-blooded storylines. Her favorite show is a Bland-Name Product of a highschool rugby story. No one knows about it except her family.
- Face of a Thug: Seika has a particularly characteristic intense glare as her regular expression. When Shizuku finds her leering at Ayaka, Shizuku initially thinks that Seika is planning something bad at Ayaka. Seika, on the other hand, is just trying to gather her courage to ask Ayaka to teach her how to do stand-up comedy.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Congratulation, Seika! You successfully prevent your friends from selling their souls to a space ferret. Too bad that you have to destroy your friendship with them, you suck at magical-girling that you'll die soon, and you still can't find out the truth about that girl who disappeared in your apartment complex.
- Fog of Doom: Her general battle strategy is her deployment of Fog of War against her opponents. Her Connect and Magia are associated with Fog debuff and her standard attack animations have her surrounded herself with cold mist to mask her movements.
- Shrinking Violet: Her dialogues are mostly coming out as stutters. It causes her to unable to talk about her feelings to her friends, something that often frustrates Reira.
- Support Party Member: In a case of Gameplay and Story Integration, even more so than the other Support-types, Seika really sucks at fighting solo but shines when with her friends. She breaks her arm fighting familiars, which means she's even worse than Sayaka. In the endings where Seika continues working solo, the implication makes it seems that she won't be alive for long.
- Take Me Instead: What she does, she does it for her friends. When Reira died from a witch-kiss, Seika made her contract to revive her and tries her damnedest to prevent both Reira and Mito from knowing about magical girl life by taking any witch hunt herself because she thinks this kind of life is "just like hell", despite not being that strong a magical girl. She fails at that, for her own good.
- Temporary Online Content: She is exclusive to the "Bye Bye, See You Tomorrow" event, though you can get her through normal gameplay rather than the gacha.
- Water Is Blue: She has blue oufit and she is an Aqua-element magical girl.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Watercolor Rain
Illustrated by: Ryo Ueda
Voiced by: Yuka Aisaka
An alluring magical girl who draws in the attraction of men without realizing it. Her desire for a father figure, which gives her a habit of letting down her guard to older males, is most likely the reason. The influence of her late father led her to a love of art. She works part-time at an art gallery, with a goal of a job of art reparation. Her wish was for her boss' family to stop breaking apart.
She made her playable debut in March 23th, 2018 as one of the main characters in "The Howa-Howa Girl Tries Her Best!" event.
- Afraid of Their Own Strength: Mayu really doesn't like her Charm Person magic and she feels only embarrassment toward her Doppel.
- Art Attacker: Her weapon is a giant paintbrush and she attacks by painting rainbow projectiles onto her enemies.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Ria initially dislikes her because she thinks Mayu is this trope, calling her an "annoying girl playing innocent." However, after actually talking with Mayu, Ria realizes that Mayu genuinely is sweet, innocent, and oblivious to the effect she has on men. This causes her to become fiercely protective of Mayu.
- Charm Person: She was a Dude Magnet even prior to her contract, and her personal magic downright weaponizes it, though she mistakes it as a binding power. Her Doppel escalates this power into charming everyone regardless of gender.
- Daddy's Girl: She looked up to her deceased father a lot, but his death causes her to search for a surrogate father figure and looks up to dependable older men. The men meanwhile often misunderstand her intention, thinking that she's accepting their sexual advances, and she would unintentionally stray them to infidelity.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father has passed away, and it affects her greatly because she idolized him.
- Dude Magnet: She effortlessly attracts males, especially older ones, even before she made her contract. When Ria saw Mayu's married boss corner her in an attempt to ask her out, she intervened and advised Mayu that she might turn into a homewrecker if she doesn't speak up. Mayu was horrified, because she had lost her father and knows just what kind of hardship a broken family causes.
- Nice Girl: She is sweet and kind to everyone she meets.
- Oblivious to Love: She has no idea that the men she tries to make father figures out of are actually attracted to her. It gets gross really fast.
- Self-Deprecation: Whenever she's complimented on something, she tends to downplay or protest it.
- Shout-Out: Her Doppel's name Naomi is the titular Villain Deuteragonist of Junichiro Tanizaki's novel, as Naomi is, just like the Doppel, a beautiful young girl who manipulates older men's affection into obsession toward her.
- Water Is Blue: A blue oufit and is an Aqua-element magical girl.