Magical Girls | Kyubey and the Witches | Supporting Characters | The Movie Rebellion | Kazumi Magica (Magical Girls | Others) | Oriko Magica | Suzune Magica | Tart Magica | Portable | Magia Record (Main Cast | Madoka Cast | The Wings of Magius | Spinoff Characters | Flame Magical Girls | Aqua Magical Girls | Forest Magical Girls | Light Magical Girls | Dark Magical Girls | Other Magical Girls | Crossover Characters | Witches/Doppels) | Concept Movie Trailer | Wraith Arc
- Base rarity: 2*
School: Kamihama City University Affiliated School
Magia: Knight's Resolve
Illustrated by: Kei Toru
Voiced by: Rie Takahashi
One of the initial playable characters. A Magical Girl with a strong sense of justice. As a kid, Sasara was obsessed with a knight in a picture book and swore to become someone who could save people too. Taking after her Rescue Squad father, she'd rather save a life than kill an enemy.
Her innate magic is to draw enemy attacks toward herself.
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: Sasara acts as one to Asuka Tatsuki, who tries to self-flagellate for every perceived misdeed.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Sasara is functionally a magical girl rescue worker, always prioritizing rescuing civilians over fighting witches.
- Deer in the Headlights: When Sasara is caught in a hostage situation, she can't do anything but hyperventilate. She becomes a magical girl so it won't happen again.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Witch's kisses put people into a catatonic state after they're taken out of a barrier, so for all the good she does, Sasara never gets so much as a "thank you". Sasara hates the fact that she wants someone to praise her for doing the right thing. She gets a bit better once she teams up with Asuka.
- Fleur de Lis: One on her skirt as a magical girl, reflecting her admiration of the knights of old.
- Hair Decorations: A red butterfly clip in her civilian outfit, that her Soul Gem takes the place of when she transforms.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Her weapon of choice is a sabre.
- Hostage Situation: Gets stuck as a hostage in a grocery store in her backstory.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Sasara aspires to be one, inspired by both the knights in picture books and her father, a rescue worker.
- Showgirl Skirt: In her magical girl form, on top of a miniskirt.
- Small Steps Hero: Sasara prioritizes saving the people trapped in witches' barriers over fighting the witches themselves. This drives a wedge between her and Asuka when they first meet, as Asuka prioritizes defeating the witch over everything else.
- Storm of Blades: Sasara's Magia, Knight Resolve, has her summon glowing broadswords and launch them at the enemy, with a few more falling from the sky for good measure.
- Too Many Belts: At least three, though one does hold her scabbard.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her magical girl form, and Grade B in her school uniform.
- Base rarity: 2*
School: Sankyoin Educational Academy
Magia: Myriad Meese
Illustrated by: Sasagi Koushi
Voiced by: Ayaka Nanase
A Magical Girl who wanders about trying to find a place where she belongs. Unable to figure out what she likes, what she hopes to be, or even her own identity, she is always in a state of anxiety. Like the cafe her family runs, she is calm and quiet.
One of the initial playable characters. She wished to be where her boyfriend was when he had an accident, but once she got there she could only watch him die. She wanders from place to place, unsure of what she wants to do or who she wants to be. She later begins working for the Wings of Magius.
Her innate magic is to create portals to other places.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her magical girl form.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: From the narration, it's pretty clear that the only reason why Shizuku and Fuuin weren't officially dating was because Shizuku's father disapproved of their relationship, mostly because Fuuin was a 'searching for my calling' kind of homeless vagrant.
- Deadly Disc: Her weapons of choice are a pair of chakrams.
- Desperately Seeking A Purpose In Life: The boy she made her wish for and was planning her life around died before her eyes, so now she has no idea what to do with herself.
- Family Business: Shizuku's family runs a coffee shop.
- Fingerless Gloves: She sports a pair in her magical girl form.
- Friendship Denial: After Yachiyo finds her working for a 'shady group', Yachiyo takes her into her inner circle. Shizuku is very grateful of the gesture, but later has a second thought when she thinks she's disturbing the group's dynamic, despite they're planning to accept her no matter what. Shizuku leaves the Nanami Household without telling anyone, but the gesture is enough sign to sadden Iroha and Yachiyo.
- My Greatest Failure: Shizuku's crush got in a horrible accident, so she wished to be taken to his location. But when she got there, all she could do was watch him die.
- Of Corsets Sexy: A bustier crop top in her magical girl form.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: In her magical girl form.
- The Stoic: Her bio and Memoria describe her as quiet and calm.
- Teleportation: Her wish to immediately come to her crush's side on his deathbed causes her to have a teleportation power by slicing open the air and creating portals to wherever she wants.
- Too Many Belts: At least three, and one of them has her soul gem on it.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: In her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 3*
School: Chuo Academy
Weapon: Short sword
Magia: Invisible Assassin
Illustrated by: H2S04
Voiced by: Shizuka Ishigami
An almost emotionless Magical Girl, Masara was born into a peaceful family and raised by two loving parents. Despite all the love she was given, she remains cold, living a life lacking excitement. Deep inside, though, she is thirsty for something more.
One of the initial playable characters. She is also one of the main characters of the "Reaching a Happier Height" event, and a free copy of her was made available in the event's rerun. A girl who doesn't feel strong emotions and wants to feel excitement, to the point where when presented the opportunity to become a Magical Girl, she simply wished for money as she cared more about making the contract than having a wish granted. However, even the thrill of being a Magical Girl eventually fades until she meets another girl, Kokoro, who makes her feel emotions that she's never felt before.
Her innate magic is to become transparent.
- The Berserker: A strange example. Although she generally shows little emotion even in battle, she fights with reckless abandon to the point where Kokoro asks her if she's trying to die. Masara answers that she doesn't really care if she lives or dies.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Kokoro from Suzune in the "Cross Connection" event.
- Broken Ace: She's quick at picking up skills, her family is very stable, and she never lacks of anything. It instead makes her bored with life because she never really has anything going on. She took up both swimming and magical girl contract thinking that those can bring some excitement but because she's doing good at both, they only become a momentary thrill and she returns to being her unmotivated self.
- Critical Hit Class: Her personal guarantees critical hits for one turn and her connect's sole effect is giving one of the highest critical hit chances in the game, meaning she more or less counts as this.
- Emotionless Girl: Masara's affect is pretty... flat, and she doesn't understand why seeing Kokoro get hurt makes her feel bad.
- The witch in "Howa Howa Girl" event stole everyone's most treasured items. Masara's dialogue is only that she's wondering why everyone seems busy, implying that she has nothing with sentimental value.
- Giant Poofy Sleeves: In her magical girl form.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Downplayed. Masara doesn't understand why someone would want to hang out with her, since as far as she can tell, they're not getting anything out of it.
- Hidden Depths: She really likes watching documentaries on TV because it always gives her random trivia she didn't know previously.
- Invisibility: She disappears before some of her attacks. Her Magia, Invisible Assassin, has her vanish and then go to town on her enemies.
- Jumped at the Call: Masara was sick of being bored with her life, so she contracted because she thought it might interest her. She got bored of it once the novelty wears off.
- The Spock: Thinks of life in terms of "merits" and "demerits", without any regard for how feelings factor into it. For instance, when Kokoro wants to hang out with her and share sweets, she can't see how it benefits Kokoro.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's normally quite cold and quiet, but it's obvious that she cares very dearly for Kokoro.
- Taking the Bullet: She takes an attack for Kokoro in her MSS, taking a severe injury in the process. Masara tells Kokoro that she doesn't like getting hurt, which Kokoro interprets as Masara not wanting Kokoro to get in her way anymore, but it turns out to be Masara's roundabout way of telling Kokoro to be more careful since Masara feels the need to protect her.
- Tin Man: She bemoans not being able to find interest in her life, and envies people who get excited about things.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Masara does, in her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 3*
School: Sankyoin Educational Academy
Weapon: Two staffs, each with two axe-like blades on the same side
Magia: Thunder Torrent
Illustrated by: Yuugen
Voiced by: Haruka Yoshimura
A Magical Girl raised in an orphanage. The Azalea House took her in after an accident on a family trip claimed her parents. Despite her tragic childhood, her personality is bright and cheery, and she's talented at getting along with others.
Debuted on October 10th, 2017 alongside Konoha and Ayame one of the main characters in "And So, The Azaleas Bloom" event. After leaving the Azalea House, Hazuki helps take care of Ayame together with Konoha. When their beloved orphanage was about to be torn down, the three of them made their wishes together in order to save it. Hazuki's wish was to erase the memories of the three of them from everyone at the Azalea House.
Her innate magic is to identify an enemy's strong and weak points.
- An Axe to Grind: Two of them, actually.
- Cape Swish: During her transformation sequence.
- The Conscience: She serves this to Konoha, whose paranoia is often detrimental to everyone, because not even Konoha can completely shut her off unlike Ayame. Only Hazuki that is close enough to Konoha for her to trust her words, stubborn enough to fight off Konoha's own hardheadedness, and mature enough to give Konoha's good advice. So, when Konoha will no longer listen to reason at the climax of the 'Azalea' event, it alarms Hazuki of a possible third party manipulating Konoha.
- Control Freak: She obsession with schedule is mostly rooted on her perceptive desire to have everything under her control after she lost her family from something that she had no way of preventing. Because of this, she has low opinion on things that she can't directly move, thinking that bond outside her fellow Azalea orphans as mere convenience and has no strong loyalty toward it. Her fetish for sophisticated mind-game is because she finds thrill when things going All According to Plan.
- Dual Wielding: Two axes.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Two different lengths of stockings, and a white garter on her right leg, but not her left.
- Fingerless Gloves: Sports a pair in her magical girl form.
- Flower in Her Hair: A yellow azalea.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: In her four-star card.
- Orphanage of Love: Grew up in one.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: Despite her usually affable nature, Hazuki's relationship with Nanaka devolves into this, because their respective instincts warn them of each other's untrustworthiness. Akira even says that, "Their faces are smiling, but their eyes are not."
- The Rival: When it comes to her interaction with Nanaka, Hazuki is The Rival to Nanaka's The Hero, mostly because Hazuki has a less benevolent and more selfish motivation compared to Nanaka, and she's still portrayed this way even in her own side-story. Just like any rival character, she ultimately lost against The Hero.
- Saving the Orphanage: Why she and her friends became magical girls.
- Schedule Fanatic: Because she's good at resource management, Hazuki is tasked on the household's schedule. Her personal Memoria 'Hazuki is Always Busy' depicts her calendar, of which each day is filled with her plans sometimes down to each hour, showing that she's like a housewife on tight budget waiting for discounts.
- Shock and Awe: Her powers are electricity-themed.
- Stepford Smiler: Since her parents died, though the director of the orphanage saw right through it.
- True Companions: With Konoha Shizumi and Ayame Mikuri. They grew up in an orphanage together and made their wishes together.
- Base rarity: 4*
School: Chuo Academy
Weapon: Pile driver tonfas
Magia: Surging Release
Illustrated by: GAN
Voiced by: Reina Kondou
A Magical Girl who always tries to put on a happy face. Her parents divorced when she was young, and she's lived with her father ever since. Their relationship has become strained, leading her to become emotionally shut off.
Debuted on November 11th, 2017 as one of the main characters in the "Reaching a Happier Height" event. An upbeat and friendly girl who was pained by her parents' separation, she wished for her mother to come back to them. However, her parents being reunited didn't fix the problems that caused them to separate in the first place, leaving Kokoro conflicted as to whether she did the right thing.
Her innate magic is endurance.
- Dual Tonfas: Pile driver tonfas.
- Ground Punch: Kokoro punches the ground a few times to charge up for her Magia. She also does one of these to fire a shockwave in her blast attack animation.
- Hair Decorations: Yellow cubes holding her hair loopies in place.
- Missing Mom: When her parents separated, her mom left. Kokoro's wish was for her to come back.
- Nature Lover: She loves hiking, although since it was something her family used to do when they were still together, she now has mixed feelings about it. During the hiking race in the Reaching a Happier Height event, although her and Masara are the youngest competitors they win by a handy margin.
- Nice Hat: Kokoro wears a nurse hat, and her doppel, Pamela, wears a top hat.
- Only Friend: To Masara, who, for the life of her, cannot understand why Kokoro wants to hang out.
- Percussive Maintenance: Whenever Kokoro summons her Doppel, she has to hit Pamela a few times to get it going. Then it starts spinning around like the Beyblade from hell.
- Rousing Speech: She gives one to Aimi in Chapter 8 after Aimi begins to despair upon learning the truth about Witches.
- Sensual Spandex: The bottom layer of her magical girl outfit is a spandex bodysuit.
- Shock and Awe: Her primary form of attack; an update to her animations even made the tonfas electrified.
- Showgirl Skirt: In her magical girl form.
- Spider Limbs: Kokoro's doppel has a bunch of these. It lifts them out of the way for its spinning attack.
- Stepford Smiler: She's outwardly bright and cheerful, but her desperation to mediate for her broken family and keep them together has left her a bit of a wreck. One of the reasons why Kokoro is so drawn to Masara is because the latter girl sees through her facade immediately. There's a reason why her Doppel's nature is endurance.
- Base rarity: 4*
School: Kosho Academy
Weapon: Giant fruit skewers
Magia: Yummy Hunter
Illustrated by: Ragho no Erika
Voiced by: Hikaru Akao
A younger sister magical girl, that any other magical girls feel like an older sister. Every day, she acts as the mascot of her homes bento shop, attracting customers and warming their hearts. While she may seem to be nothing more than an innocent elementary school student, she doesnt forget to have concern for the adults around her, and is an admirable go-getter. She wished for a girl she knew to be able to marry a guy she loved from another ward.
She made her playable debut on October 9th, 2018 as the main character of the "It's Okay to Be Clumsy" event.
Her innate magic is to call for help.
- Adorably Precocious Child: She's very young. She's also very responsible. She often take care of her family's lunch shop by herself while her parents are working with their other works, and she does a great job on it.
- Blade on a Stick: Her weapon is the gigantic bento pick that she throws like a javelin.
- Damsel in Distress: She's debuted being rescued by Yachiyo from almost getting killed by the Wings of Magius's purge in Chapter 8.
- Everyone's Baby Sister: She's a very young magical girl, that other magical girls can't help but be protective of her. Her profile even says that she's such a "younger sister magical girl, that any other magical girls feel like an older sister."
- Incredible Shrinking Man: A witch shrinks her down, leaving her vulnerable to be ganged up by familiars. Riko ends up riding Kyubey into battle like a jousting knight.
- Romantic Wingman: Her story as a magical girl started when she made her wish so the girl that she looks up as an older sister could marry a guy from a different district ward. Her Doppel's form is said to be a 'moonlit matchmaker' and has the same name as the Chinese God of Marriage.
- Base rarity: 4*
School: Mizuna Girls' School
Magia: Next is this song
Illustrated by: Yano Mitsuki
Voiced by: Machico
A magical girl who has the somewhat odd hobby of collecting Japanese swords. She tends to lose sight of her surroundings when it comes to things she likes, so when she's excited by swords she tends to let out squeaks of admiration. She's also active as a local idol, promoting the historic Mizuna district.
Debuted on June 10th, 2019 as the main character of "Sayuki Steps Up! desuu~" event. Her wish was for a friend who shares her interests.
- Cool Sword: She doesn't actually use one, but she loves swords, especially ancient ones. She has a katana-shaped barrette in magical girl form, her most treasured item is a book on ancient swords, and during Mayu's side story she's dying to see the exhibit on ancient swords that the art museum Mayu works at is putting on. Her Doppel does use a katana to attack.
- Idol Singer: She is mentioned to be Rena Minami's favorite idol.
- The Klutz: She is quite clumsy and is very mistake-prone. Her Doppel also shares this trails, as while it assists Sayuki and a chosen "lucky companion" with ritual suicide, it tends to accidentally send off only the companion.
- Magic Idol Singer: She is an idol and a magical girl who uses her song to fight Witches and familiars.
- Nice Girl: Very sweet and friendly, and is friends with fellow Nice Girl Mayu.
- Promoted to Playable: Sayuki was an NPC from "The Howa Howa Girl" event. She was made playable in June 2019.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She's kind and has peach-colored hair.
- Seppuku: She does this in her Doppel attack.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Go! Hikaru Corps!
Illustrated by: Ume Aoki
Voiced by: Fuka Izumi
A Magical Girl like a servant who belongs to Promised Blood. If its for the people that she trusts, she can fight regardless of danger and never fails in her day-to-day support. However, when she's alone she has trouble taking care of herself, often neglecting herself and lacking the energy to do anything.
Introduced on October 15, 2019 as a major character in the "Crimson Resolve" event. A Magical Girl of Futatsugi, a city in the midst of a bloody turf war between gangs of Magical Girls. Seemingly joining the Hebinomiya gang of outcasts opposing both of the warring Torayacho and Ryusagaki gangs, she is later revealed to be a spy for Torayacho. She is the most trusted subordinate of Torayacho's leader, Yuuna Kureha, and is known as the "Horse of Torayacho."