Magical Girls (Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi, Sayaka Miki) | Kyubey and the Witches | Supporting Characters | The Movie Rebellion | Kazumi Magica (Magical Girls | Others) | Oriko Magica | Suzune Magica | Tart Magica | Portable | Magia Record (Main Cast | Madoka Cast | The Wings of Magius | Spinoff Characters | Flame Magical Girls | Aqua Magical Girls | Forest Magical Girls | Light Magical Girls | Dark Magical Girls | Other Magical Girls | Crossover Characters | Witches/Doppels | Uwasa) | Concept Movie Trailer | Wraith Arc
Voiced by: Aya Suzaki
- Base rarity: 2*
Disc Layout: AABCC
School: Mizuna Girls' School
Weapon: Frying pan
Magia: Complete Spices
Illustrated by: Kuraha
One of the initial playable characters. Manaka looks up to her father and wants to promote his restaurant, Walnuts. She initially thought that prestigious, high-class food was the path to her goal, but meeting a girl who was overjoyed with a simple soup made her regain sight of her goals, and now she runs a cooking class. Her wish was the opportunity to spread her restaurant's flavors.
Her innate magic is an advertising ability that spreads the damage of an attack around a certain area instead of it being concentrated at one point.
- Chef of Iron: She is an awesome cook and a magical girl, and her costume is an apron and a chef's jacket.
- Elemental Hair Colors: A Flame-elemental magical girl with bright orange hair.
- Food as Bribe: She tries to bribe Kyouko with free home-cooked meals to get her to stop eating junk food.
- Frills of Justice: Manaka's magical girl outfit is the girliest chef's uniform in existence.
- Frying Pan of Doom: Complete with Instant Runes in her four-star card. It grows to enormous proportions for Manaka's Magia, Complete Spices.
- Insufferable Genius: Has some elements of this, mostly before meeting Sana in her MSS. She's not only an excellent chef, she's also smart enough that she considered the prestigious and snobby Mizuna Girls' School her safety school (her top choice was St. Liliana), though her overconfidence sometimes gets on people's nerves.
- Nice Hat: A chef's hat, with her Soul Gem pinned to the brim.
- Supreme Chef: Her cooking skills are top-notch, as Kyouko can attest. Manaka aspires to share her cooking with the whole world.
- Tastes Like Friendship: She befriends Kyouko by cooking her omelette rice for free.
- Third-Person Person: Manaka talks like this.
Voiced by: Kanae Ito
- Base rarity: 3*
Disc Layout: AAABC
School: Chuo Academy
Weapon: Compact mirror
Magia: Brilliant Beam
Illustrated by: Mashimasaki
One of the initial playable characters, she appears as a major character in the My Diary With You event, and a free copy of her was available during its rerun. Rika wished for her female childhood friend to forget about her boyfriend and to fall in love with Rika instead. Realizing that her wish was tantamount to brainwashing, Rika atoned for her selfishness by breaking up with her friend and getting her back together with her old boyfriend. Rika later stops another magical girl, Ren, from committing suicide and helps her to find a reason to live, after which they begin working together.
Her innate magic is to change what her target is interested in.
- Blinded by Rage: Her stress and anger involving her wish causes her to fight very recklessly, to the point that she would've probably gotten herself killed had Hinano not calmed her down.
- Character Development: While undoubtedly a good person, she originally only hunted Witches to vent her emotions. Being with Ren, who only fights to save people, calmed her down and led her to share her partner's reason for fighting. Rika tells Hinano as much in the My Diary With You rerun's bonus story, saying that she's actually come to enjoy her Magical Girl activities thanks to Ren.
- Charm Person: Her personal magic, which lets her change her target's mind about something. This is reflected in her gameplay as well; her Magia has a chance to Charm the surviving enemies, and her Spirit Enhancement gives her both a passive chance to Charm on attack and an active skill which inflicts Charm on all enemies.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Rika wished that her crush would love her back, but after realizing that she'd broken up a great relationship between the crush and her boyfriend, and that her wish was tantamount to brainwashing, broke up with her crush and got them back together.
- Energy Weapon: Her Magia, Brilliant Beam, has her compact grow to enormous proportions and fire a giant beam of light at whatever got in her way. One of her normal attacks is a scaled-down version of that.
- Gayngst: A mild example. When Rika tells Hinano that the person she had a crush on was another girl, she asks Hinano if she's weird, suggesting that she's still a bit insecure about her sexuality.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Rika is a very kind and compassionate girl, always willing to stick up for other people and listen to their problems.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: She constantly beats herself up over her wish. When Rika tells Ren about her wish, she describes herself as a "disgusting human being" and tells Ren that she should hate her, although thankfully Ren disagrees.
- Hidden Depths: On the surface she seems like a fashion-obsessed gyaru-girl, but Hinano is surprised to learn that Rika isn't afraid to stand up for people, even if she only just met them. Ren also knows that while Rika is more playfully rude and flippant with her other friends, with Ren she shows a much more gentle and understanding side.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: In the end, she wants her crush to be happy, even if it means Rika isn't with her. Played with in the 2019 Valentines event when Rika realizes that they both still have mutual feelings for each other (due to her wish), but decides that they should stay as friends, as Rika figures that she's screwed up her crush's life enough already.
- Improbable Weapon User: Rika fights with a compact that turns into a giant mecha compact and shoots lasers.
- Incompatible Orientation: She's in love with her female friend, who is straight and already has a boyfriend. This led her to resort to magic to get her crush to love her.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Rika loves fashion and makeup, to the point where her weapon as a magical girl is a compact mirror. She also has an unrequited crush on her female childhood friend.
- Living Emotional Crutch: She's been this to Ren ever since she saved Ren from committing suicide. This is reversed in Chapter 8 when Rika begins to despair from learning the truth about Witches and Ren comforts her.
- Mind Control: Her personal magic is a form of this; specifically, she can compel someone to change their mind. In the final battle, she uses this to convince Walpurgisnacht to head out to sea instead of into the city center.
- Moment of Weakness: Rika considers her wish to be one, since she was especially vulnerable now that her crush had just gotten into her first relationship, and she regrets it almost immediately afterward.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When she realized that she functionally brainwashed her crush with her wish, she broke up with her crush despite her own feelings. Everytime she talks about it, she puts herself down so much for her rash decision.
- Stepford Smiler: She puts on a very cheerful front, but she's holding in a lot of guilt and self-loathing surrounding her wish, combined with her insecurity over her sexuality, to the point where she admits to Ren that she considers herself a disgusting person. She's also one of the people who takes learning the truth about Witches the hardest.
- Tranquil Fury: When a group of guys are making fun of Hinano for not acting "normally" during a group date, Rika quietly asks them what's so funny about not being normal, and the mood turns tense enough for Emiri to instantly feel it when she gets back. Rika is obviously pissed, and the reason why becomes apparent when Rika tells Hinano that she's a lesbian.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: She was originally this to her crush before her wish, and then willingly becomes this again after she breaks up with her. She technically turns her crush into this as well since Rika's wish is still active even after they broke up.
- You're Not My Type: When Hinano gets flustered after Rika tells her that she loves her (after confiding in her that she's gay), Rika reassures Hinano that she meant as a friend and that Hinano isn't her type.
Voiced by: Ibuki Kido
- Base rarity: 2* (event reward)
Disc Layout: ABCCC
School: Sankyoin Educational Academy
Weapon: Bow-like axe
Magia: Unidentified Flying Fire
Illustrated by: Yuugen
Debuted in October 10th, 2017 along with Konoha and Hazuki as one of the main characters in the And So, The Azaleas Bloom event. Abandoned as a baby, Ayame has lived at the Azalea House for as long as she can remember and considers Konoha and Hazuki to be her surrogate parents. When the three of them learned that their beloved orphanage would be torn down, they made their wishes together to save it. Ayame's wish was for the Azalea House to continue existing indefinitely. Her friendship with Kako and Felicia bridges the three-way conflict of Kamihama's mysterious fainting incidents.
Her innate magic is to keep something safe.
- An Axe to Grind: Her weapon of choice, with a hooked curved blade as long as the handle.
- The Baby of the Bunch: She's younger than Konoha and Hazuki, and the two had been a surrogate family for her since she was abandoned by her parents as a baby, so she thinks of Konoha and Hazuki as her parents.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her magical girl form.
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Her right stocking has a bunny on it, and she makes magic illusory bunnies in her transformation sequence.
- Collector of the Strange: She has a habit of collecting things she thinks are cute, as seen on this Memoria card. When she shows Konoha and Hazuki things like a broken bicycle bell, their only reaction is saying that at least she's not collecting dead bugs anymore.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: One of the things on Hazuki's exclusive to-do list Memoria is to fix some furniture that Ayame destroyed by accident.
- When Ayame and Felicia have an arm-wrestling contest, the table they use to prop their elbows on breaks.
- Eyepatch of Power: In her magical girl form.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: She wears two different stockings in her magical girl form.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her default hairstyle.
- Orphanage of Love: Grew up in one.
- Saving the Orphanage: Why she and her friends became magical girls.
- Showgirl Skirt: In her magical girl form, on top of another skirt.
- Temporary Online Content: Magia Record's first event-exclusive magical girl. Event items could be earned and exchanged to get Ayame instead of using the event gacha.
- True Companions: With Konoha Shizumi and Hazuki Yusa. They grew up in an orphanage together and made their wishes together.
- The World's Expert on Getting Killed: If a route goes to a bad end in the "And So, the Azalea Blooms" story arc, expect Ayame to suffer.
Voiced by: Hisako Kanemoto
- Base rarity: 4*
Disc Layout: AAABC
School: Sakae Comprehensive Academy
Magia: Candy Death Squall
Illustrated by: Ume Aoki (4*), Koushi Sasagi (5*)
Debuted on October 30th, 2017 as the main character of the Magical Halloween Theater event. An imaginative girl who is also Alina's junior in the art club, as a Magical Girl she's a self-styled phantom thief and Robin Hood wannabe who steals Grief Seeds from the strong magical girls and gives it to the weak. Karin's grandmother was a chronic kleptomaniac, a habit that Karin's mother despised her in-law for, so Karin made her wish to cure her grandmother of her impulse. Her and her Doppel McDougal's ability is to steal anything and instantly transport it to their hands as long as the heist target is a physical object.
Her innate magic is the aforementioned stealing.
- Cape Swish: All the time.
- Cute Witch: Fitting for the Halloween event magical girl.
- Damsel in Distress: After running off to search for Alina in Part 2, she ends up getting captured by Promised Blood, leading to the Kamihama Magia Union sending Momoko leading a team of former Wings of Magius members to rescue her.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her default hairstyle.
- Halloween Episode: Karin was created to promote the Halloween event.
- Horrible Judge of Character:
- While her reasons to cross both Masara and Nanaka from her hitlist are sound, that decision somehow makes her choose to target Yachiyo instead. Not only the reason why Karin can steal Yachiyo's Grief Seed in the first place is because Yachiyo lets her, Yachiyo proceeds to track her down anyway and give her a tongue-lashing. It's only the start of her Humble Pie, because as it turns out, Karin also overestimates her own character.
- The biggest case of her obliviousness is that she has absolutely no suspicion that her Alina-senpai is a magical girl, despite already asking outright whether she is one and Alina's answer being an obvious lie. When told about Alina's actions as one of the Magius at the beginning of Part 2, she refuses to believe that her senpai could be capable of such things and runs off to search for her.
- Just Like Robin Hood: She started off stealing Grief Seeds from more powerful Magical Girls and giving them to weaker ones. She stops this after Yachiyo teaches her a lesson.
- It later turns out that this was originally just her trying to justify her thievery to herself, as originally she stole Grief Seeds from other girls because she was afraid of fighting Witches. Once she gains the confidence to fight Witches on her own, she doesn't need to steal from others or the excuse she had made up.
- Her Code Name Was "Mary Sue": Her manga is a doujinshi loosely based on her favorite manga, but with Karin as the main character. One of the reasons Alina can read her like a (literal) open book is because she notices that Karin is self-inserting too much.
- Morality Pet: The only person Alina doesn't treat with murderous or perverted intent.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After stealing one of Yachiyo's Grief Seeds and getting caught, Yachiyo gives her a stern lecture about how her actions could possibly lead to Magical Girls dying. Karin is horrified by the implications of what she was doing and decides to stop her thieving ways.
- Oh, Crap!: She has this reaction in the Magical Halloween Theater event when she realizes that the person she's sent to recruit is Yachiyo, the same Magical Girl who put a stop to her Just Like Robin Hood stint. Luckily, Yachiyo doesn't hold her past against her.
- Phantom Thief: Calls herself "Phantom Thief Karin", and her powers revolve around stealing.
- Power Copying: She can turn her scythe into her opponent's weapon. It freaks her out for a while.
- Sinister Scythe: Her weapon of choice.
- Sticky Fingers: Her doppel, McDougal, is the doppel of cat burglary. It steals its own runes in its summoning sequence, for Pete's sake. Also, Karin's grandmother had kleptomania, so she made a contract to cure her of the disease.
- Terrible Artist: Just look at how she drew the other girls in her Memoria.◊ Karin's going to need to learn how to draw faces if she wants to become a famous manga artist.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: It's partially Karin's fault that Alina turned out the way she is. One terrible case of artistic slump and a harsh Dare to Be Badass critic from a contest judge, and Alina had an existential crisis over her prospective future as an artist. After going on a journey to search for inspiration turned out to be in vain, Alina confided in Karin about her motivation to draw her manga in hopes of better understanding herself. Karin innocently answered that she draws because she wants to share her happiness through her drawing. Unfortunately, Alina's happiness is on the "eccentric" side, so Karin's words only made Alina realize that she might be a terrible person after all and she had a dark case of Be Yourself.
- Verbal Tic: She ends a lot of her sentences with "-nano."
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She's the only living Kamihama Magical Girl not present in the climax of Part 1. While the in-story explanation was that she was hunting down familiars, her voice actress had been studying abroad while the script was being recorded and so she was unavailable to voice Karin at the time.
Voiced by: Reina Ueda
- Base rarity: 3*
Disc Layout: AABBC
School: Chuo Academy
Magia: Lock On for Love
Illustrated by: Hiro Kanzaki
Debuted on October 23rd, 2017. A lovestruck girl who's been nursing a crush on a boy in her class, she's prone to fantasies of imagined romantic exploits. During one such fantasy she met Kyubey and, thinking his offer of a wish was part of her daydream, wished to know her crush's feelings toward her. Despite learning that he feels the same way, she still can't manage to confess.
Her innate magic is behavior prediction.
- Camera Abuse: She shatters the screen by shooting it in her transformation sequence.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She's been crushing on the same guy since junior high, but gets embarrassed when she tries to talk to him, even though she knows he likes her back. She's written and discarded about 50 love letters by now.
- Cowboy: Her magical girl costume has an Old West theme.
- Dual Wielding: Two six-shooter pistols in her transformation sequence.
- The Gunslinger: She's pretty good with those revolvers.
- Imagine Spot: Any time the subject of Hayato comes up.
- Nice Hat: A frilly cowboy hat.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Her weapons are an infinite amount of revolvers, fitting the cowgirl theme.
- Secret Diary: She keeps one with all of her fantasies about Hayato.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Her Valentine story starts because she's struggling to work up the courage to give her crush romantic chocolate. Kokoro advises her to give out platonic and romantic chocolate at the same time so she won't be nervous. Aimi then happily does so, only to realize that she gave her romantic chocolate to a female classmate. So not only her crush thinks that he has been friendzoned, her classmate also thinks that she's gay. And she still can't explain that mistake at the end.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She first fell for Hayato because he's thoughtful and considerate without expecting any reward or recognition.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Hopelessly in love with one of her classmates.
- Smoking Barrel Blowout: In her transformation sequence and her Magia.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel: All of her Imagine Spots with Hayato play out like a super sappy piece of chick lit.
- Throw-Away Guns: In her Magia. Apparently she only conjures one bullet per six-shooter.
Voiced by: Marika Kouno
- Base rarity: 3*
Disc Layout: ABCCC
School: Kamihama City University Affiliated School
Weapon: Sai that can be transformed into a flaming sword
Magia: Circle of Fire
Illustrated by: Hanokage
Debuted on March 12th, 2018 as one of the main characters of the See You Tomorrow event. A kindhearted girl who lives in the Daito Apartment Complex along with her best friends Seika and Mito. She prioritizes making other people happy, even at the cost of her own happiness. When Seika begins acting strange, Leila finds herself drawn into the world of Magical Girls. Her wish was to make things between her and Seika how they used to be in the past.
Her innate magic is a purifying flame that can heal allies.
- Death by Origin Story: Leila died committing suicide because of a witch kiss before the story event. Seika wished for her revival and she ended up restored without the memory of her own death.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father has since passed away, and Leila lives only with her mother.
- Flaming Sword: Her weapon of choice.
- Giant Waist Ribbon: In her magical girl form.
- Rapunzel Hair: Two enormous pink pigtails that are at least hip-length.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her name was generally spelled Reira before the official localization announced her.
- Stocking Filler: Garters holding up her pant legs in her magical girl form.
- Stripperiffic: Leila's magical girl outfit, what with the completely exposed underwear and all.
- Sweet Tooth: Her favorite food is milk chocolate. She doesn't like bitter things, up to and including semi-sweet chocolate.
- Sword Plant: Does this in her Magia to unleash a wall of flames.
Voiced by: Naomi Ozora
- Base rarity: 4*
Disc Layout: ABBCC
School: Daito Academy
Weapon: Hammer with a fist as the head and gun that shoots 1-yen coins
Magia: Meteor Fist
Doppel: Bond Bomb
Illustrated by: PAPA
She made her playable debut on April 2nd, 2018 in the FM Kamihama Holy Radio Station event.
Her innate magic is to draw attention to something, which she uses her gun that shoots 1-yen coins for.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Real early. Himika debuted in a Magia Report comic in the end of June, 2017, over a month before the game even came out. She wasn't a playable character until April of 2018 - though she did make a few appearences before then.
- Frills of Justice: All over her magical girl outfit.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Himika's the eldest of seven children.
- Rapunzel Hair: An ankle-length braid, much like Uno.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Not Himika, but her Doppel. Bond Bomb's eyes are normally blue, but they turn red right before it attacks.
- Stripperiffic: Her magical girl outfit is a crop top, panties, and chaps.
Voiced by: Yuuki Kuwahara
- Base rarity: 3* (event reward)
Disc Layout: ABBCC
School: Kosho Academy
Illustrated by: Miyama-Zero
Introduced on November 29, 2019 as one of the main characters of the Rondo of Oblivion Sleeps for Eternity event. A member of the History Research Club along with her friends Mikura and Temari, the three of them decide to make a movie in order to save their club, but the mixing of their innate magical abilities causes ancient hatreds to resurface in Kamihama. A lover of cinema, Seira is in charge of the camerawork and plays the heroine of the movie. Her wish was to never have to worry about funding for her films.
Her innate magic is to cause the actors in any movies that she directs to become the characters they portray.
- Demonic Possession: During Rondo of Oblivion Sleeps for Eternity, by a female half of a pair of lovers.
- Kaiju: Her magical girl outfits looks like one of her favorite kaiju monsters.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Seira usually attacks with her shout.
- Only Friend: To Rui, after the latter's childhood friend become distant with her.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: While not bad-looking, she is much more beautiful in a dress, as seen in Rondo of Oblivion Sleeps for Eternity event.
- Skirt over Slacks: When she attends school, she wears a shorts under her skirt.
Voiced by: Yuuko Natsuyoshi
- Base rarity: 3*
Disc Layout: AABCC
School: Minagi Freedom School
Weapon: Pointer baton
Magia: Dead End of the Year
Illustrated by: Eiji Usatsuka
Introduced on March 3, 2020. A Magical Girl who enjoys broadcasting and narrating live events, her dream is to become a professional MC. She's introduced narrating a tournament within the Endless Mirrors. Her personal magic allows her to create any kind of solid construct.