Magical Girls (Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi, Sayaka Miki) | Kyubey and the Witches | Supporting Characters | The Movie Rebellion | Kazumi Magica (Magical Girls | Others) | Oriko Magica | Suzune Magica | Tart Magica | Portable | Magia Record (Main Cast | Madoka Cast | The Wings of Magius | Spinoff Characters | Flame Magical Girls | Aqua Magical Girls | Forest Magical Girls | Light Magical Girls | Dark Magical Girls | Other Magical Girls | Crossover Characters | Witches/Doppels | Uwasa) | Concept Movie Trailer | Wraith Arc
Dark Magical Girls
- Base rarity: 2*
School: Mizuna Girls' School
Magia: Yayoi Collection
Illustrated by: Punyan (QP:flapper)
Voiced by: Ai Kakuma
A Magical Girl who wants to become a fashion designer. The only child of a family that runs a sheet metal factory, her parents' expectations that she will take over the business stress her out. Although she gets strange looks, she is always serious.
One of the initial playable characters. She wished that her parents could be able to work another 30 years so she didn't have to take over their sheet metal factory and chase her dreams.
Her innate magic is to sew things together with thread.
- All Just a Dream: It is revealed at the end of her sidestory that the majority of the sidestory is actually just her visualization of the simulated situation she thinks she would attain from her contract. That means she was imagining herself imagining the situation that cause her to conclude on what to wish for in the first place. Gotta admire her vivid creativity, at least.
- Charm Person: Her personal memoria, Connect and Magia all have inflict Charm status as part of their effects.
- Ditzy Genius: From what we can infer from various sidestories, Kanoko comes across as someone who emphatically sensitive, creative-minded, and a genuinely talented metal craftsman. But her insistence to be a fashion designer, against all signs showing otherwise, causes her competence to drop one rank in many situations.
- Family Business: Her parents run a sheet metal factory.
- Fashion Designer: She dreams of becoming a renowned designer, though her fashion sense is a little... eclectic. As in mushroom-themed dresses, and accessories made out of sheet metal from her parents' factory.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Kanoko's parents run a sheet metal factory, and since she is their only child, they want her to take over when they retire. Kanoko wants to be a fashion designer. She wished for her parents to keep working for thirty more years so she could have time to follow her passion.
- Giftedly Bad: While her decision to become a fashion designer by her own merit is admirable, her artistic talent leaves a lot to be desired. Her designs are closer to what a bored elementary student would come up with and when she shows them to her friends, their reactions are saying something along the lines of "What is this garbage?" right to her face. Nanaka indirectly tells her to rethink her life choices. by saying that people are not ready for her designs and that she should take a one-way trip into outer space to look for aliens.
- Nice Hat: A miniature top hat with a flower attached to a headband.
- Royal Rapier: She uses her over-sized sewing needle as a sword, fitting for a heiress to a metal factory.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Has a very high opinion of her designs, thinking they could reach galactic level. When Rena says her designs are awful, Kanoko thinks she'll only be able to make clothes for people with a high level of fashion sense, not average people.
- Storm of Blades: Her ultimate, Yayoi Collection, sticks her enemies up on a runway and pelts them with giant glowing purple rapiers. Which explode for good measure.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Kanoko sports an extremely frilly pair in her magical girl form.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 2*
School: Kamihama City University Affiliated School
Weapon: Heart-shaped devil's tail
Magia: My Gigantic Heart
Illustrated by: Nyan☆Puu
Voiced by: Akari Kito
Emiri strives to be the cutest Magical Girl on Earth. She has a distinct way of talking, and likes to give everyone a special nickname. Extremely straightforward, Emiri is very easygoing. Somehow she can gain the trust of anyone in almost no time.
One of the initial playable characters. A flighty, charismatic girly-girl who just wants to have a good time. Emiri runs a "Trouble Consultation Office" where people (mostly other Magical Girls) tell her about their problems. She also works as Hinano's assistant, both as a Magical Girl and in Hinano's science shows for children. Her wish was to get closer to her "older sister".
Her innate magic is to charm people into believing anything.
- All Women Love Shoes: One of Emiri's Memoria is her spotting a cute pair of pumps in a store window. The Memoria's name is literally "These Shoes Are Mine!"
- Bare Your Midriff: In her magical girl form.
- Big Red Devil: She's referred to as a imp-type magical girl, and her red magical girl costume has horns, bat wings and a tail.
- Clumsy Copyright Censorship: When Emiri and Hinano Miyako first meet, Emiri compares Hinano to a famous scientist... whose name she censors out loud.note
- Giant Poofy Sleeves: As a magical girl.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She is very friendly, eager to help others, and everyone she talks to says she puts their hearts at ease. Not even the Mirror Witch's copies of her are hostile, instead deciding to party and have fun together with the original.
- Hidden Depths: Once you get past the flighty, super-girly exterior, Emiri's quite charismatic and good at reading people.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her weapon is her devil tail.
- Kawaiiko: Emiri's bio explains that she aims to be "the cutest of them all," and she refers to herself using "a-shi".
- Lost in Translation: In Japanese version, her nickname is the same as her name, except written in katakana instead of kanji. This isn't possible to replicate in English, and was instead localized as Emily, which sounds like her name; though without context this tends to be mistaken for a case of Spell My Name with an "S".
- Me's a Crowd: Unlike the other girls who get cloned in Endless Mirrors, the three Emiri clones that show up all have her exact personality and despite Iroha's initial misgivings, are completely friendly. The four Emiris immediately decide to party and have fun together before the clones eventually leave of their own will. This was eventually memorialized in the Memoria "Me x4"
- The Nicknamer: She gives a nickname to everyone she meets minutes after meeting them.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Despite opening the "Trouble Consultation Office", the ones who solves the troubles are usually one of the girls Emiri roped in to help her with the office, with Akira doing the majority of the work. She simply uses the office as a pretext to hang out with her friends and meet new people. Nevertheless, she's still a pretty good amateur therapist.
- Projectile Kiss: Her Magia, My Sadistic Heart, has her blow a kiss to her enemies that makes them do less damage.
- Valley Girl: The official translation's subtitles give her this way of speaking.
- A Wizard Did It: The Summer 2018 event reveals that Emiri's illusion magic is basically a catch-all Hand Wave to make sure event stories make narrative sense in terms of the main story's timeline. For example, in Madoka's Valentine 2018 story, she's seen greeting Mami in her house, which Mami answers with silence and yet, Sayaka acts like she nevertheless has a conversation with Mami. When that event was run, Mami was still under the influence of the Magius as Holy Mami in the main story, thus she had yet return to Mitakihara and the other Holy Quintets were still searching for her. Emiri's power projected an illusion of Mami for Sayaka to talk to even though she wasn't there at the time. While the Watsonian explanation of this power is so the Holy Quintet won't be sad that Mami is gone during a holiday, the Doylist handwave is so the main timeline doesn't have to be contradicted by an event story.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B with a pair of thigh-high boots in her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 3*
School: Chuo Academy
Weapon: Giant collapsible mallet
Magia: Fun Fun Fun
Illustrated by: Afro
Voiced by: Ari Ozawa
A Magical Girl who used to be dark and pessimistic but is now bright and optimistic thanks to her wish. Unlike her old self, she has a positive attitude no matter what happens. However, beneath that smile, she sometimes feels guilty about her new, fake outlook on life.
One of the initial playable character. A formerly gloomy girl who was often shunned in favor of her more cheerful friend, she made a wish to become bright and cheerful as well.
Her innate magic is to turn things into harmless jokes.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Ayaka's a big fan of these, even though her favorite duo absolutely sucks. She also tries to get Shizuku Hozumi to be the tsukkomi to her boke, but Shizuku's too nice to make the necessary snappy comebacks.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Ayaka just wants to cheer everyone up, including herself.
- Drop the Hammer: A glowing blue collapsible hammer.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her skirt in her magical girl form is poofy on one side and segmented on the other, and the whole thing is set at an angle.
- Genki Girl: Her wish gave her a happier and more energetic personality.
- Girlish Pigtails: Ayaka's are at least hip-length.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Her personal magic is turning things into jokes. During the final battle, she turns Walpurgisnacht's ability to break free from restraints into a joke to keep her in the binds that Mami, Kaede, Rena and Kanoko had set up.
- Nice Hat: Ayaka wears a very nice top hat in her magical girl form.
- No Indoor Voice: She actually marvels at how easily Shizuku can keep her voice down.
- Pull a Rabbit out of My Hat: One of her Memoria, named "The Show of Her Life" in the translation, has her try to pull a stuffed cat out of her hat, but it falls out onto her head.
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: The worst of her jokes end up being these. The rest are just incomprehensible.
- Stepford Smiler: Even after she made a contract, Ayaka still feels sad and guilty that she had to change her personality to get people to like her. But she hides it behind a smile, a cheery attitude, and a mountain of bad jokes.
- Base rarity: 4*
School: Kamihama City University Affiliated School
Weapon: Staff that transforms into a scythe
Magia: Soul Salvation
Illustrated by: Koharu Sakura (QP:flapper)
Voiced by: Yuka Ozaki (Japanese), Kimberly Woods (English)
A Magical Girl who has been shy since childhood. Feeling that life was painful, she blamed herself for her loneliness. It was her fellow Magical Girls that led her out of this despair. Though she's grown stronger mentally, she still has a timid side.
Debuted on September 15th, 2017 as the main character of the "My Diary With You" event. Her wish was to live after she attempted suicide. Although she was able to defeat the Witch behind the bullying at her school, her inability to erase the evil in Kamihama broke her heart, and she was ready to end it all once more until another Magical Girl, Rika, managed to pull her up out of the depths of despair, after which they began working as a Magical Girl duo.
Her innate magic is to put spirits to eternal rest.
- Astral Projection: Ren basically dies whenever she summons her Doppel, so her ghost floats above her body while Renata is active.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Rika reached out to Ren, treated her with genuine kindness and convinced her to keep on living. Naturally, Ren has been devoted to Rika ever since.
- Blessed With Suck: Her personal magic is exorcism, which also works on Witches, but if she uses her personal magic to destroy a Witch then it doesn't drop a Grief Seed. Therefore, if Ren isn't careful she could potentially screw herself or anyone she's partnered with over, although she is capable of destroying Witches without using her personal magic. This ability does become very useful for putting down Walpurgisnacht down for good.
- Broken Angel: She has a lot of angel motifs, but she's also a very dark character - both elementally and personality-wise.
- Bully Magnet: Her difficulty with speaking ever since she was a child caused other students to start teasing her for it, which over the years escalated to constant bullying. It got bad enough that Ren eventually attempted to commit suicide. After becoming a Magical Girl, she learned that the worst of the bullying was being caused by a Witch, and since defeating that Witch the bullying seems to have died down.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Downplayed, but she tends to feel jealous whenever she sees Rika hang out with other girls who have known her a lot longer. Ren recognizes this and beats herself up a lot for it.
- Comes Great Responsibility: Renata has the power to purge evil intentions. It's just the way Renata does that is by purging the target of their free will, something that Ren is extremely afraid of doing despite thinking that's a pretty neat ability because it doesn't harm the target physically. Constantly haunted by the temptation, she decides to aim her Doppel at the witches instead.Ren: (summoning Renata) Don't kill their heart...
- Desperation Attack: Her Magia and Doppel do stronger damage the lower her health is.
- Diary: Ren keeps one that she writes and draws in, and she often uses it as a metaphor for her own life.
- Driven to Suicide: Ren made her wish after she jumped off a building, and her side story starts with her trying to do it again. Thankfully, Rika saves her.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: In her magical girl form, she wears a black stocking on her left leg, but not her right.
- Feather Motif: Her staff is tipped with an angel wing, which transforms into the blade of her scythe, and she has angel wings in her transformation sequence.
- Flower Motifs: Suzuran, also known as lily-of-the-valley, which represents innocence and purity in flower language. As Rika points out, it also sounds a lot like Ren's name (Suzuran -> Isuzu Ren). Rika chose to engrave a suzuran motif on Ren's beloved pencil case, and Ren has a halo of them in her 5* uncap art.
- Friendless Background: Ren had difficulty speaking since she was a child, and was teased mercilessly for it.
- Friendship Trinket: Ren's engraved metal pencil case, which Rika made by hand with Kanoko's metal workshop, along with its set of twelve colored pencils that Rika gave her as a birthday present. Since Ren has a custom of buying a new colored pencil every time she saves someone from Witches (and thus creates a little more good in the world), its a symbol of just how much color Rika brought to Ren's world. It's Ren's most treasured possession as shown by the "Wait, You've Got It Wrong!" event.
- Goodbye, Cruel World!: The memoria "Nothing is Beautiful", which depicts Ren's abandoned possessions on a rooftop and has flavor text that is probably Ren's suicide note:"I take one step into this colorless world to say goodbye."
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Like, so much. When comparing herself to her friend Rika, Ren says that Rika is cheerful, good at talking to people, and has many friends - the exact opposite of herself.
- Hidden Depths: She's surprisingly fit and very healthy, at least physically. She's into health foods like ginger tea, enjoys going out for walks frequently and rarely gets sick. In the MSS for her duo unit with Rika, she easily outruns Rika when they're both trying to help someone (which results in Rika getting a cold trying to catch up)
- I See Dead People: One of Ren's abilities is this, be it a ghost, spirit or a soul of a dead person. This proves useful in solving the conflict of Summer 2018 event.
- Magic Staff: Her main weapon.
- Mid-Suicide Regret: After jumping from a rooftop during her first suicide attempt, she realized mid-fall that she didn't want to die, leading to her making a contract with Kyubey.
- Now, Let Me Carry You: In Chapter 8, the truth of the magical girl system is revealed to Rika (and the rest of the Kamihama's magical girls). Rika despairs from the truth, but Ren comforts her out of gratitude and her own desire to repay Rika's kindness.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her hair covers her right eye and she is a very shy person.
- Power Glows: Not initially, but as part of update for the Ren event coming back, a glow on the tip of her staff was added to her animations.
- Restored My Faith in Humanity: After Ren had given up on the world, Rika's wanton kindness and understanding toward a complete stranger (at the time) like her convince her that this world is worth living for.
- Shinigami: Her Magical Girl outfit, which heavily resembles a kimono, is tied with the right side over the left, which is normally reserved for corpses or ghosts, and Ren outright compares her outfit to a ghost's in one of her homescreen lines. Meanwhile, Ren's personal magic is exorcising spirits, and her staff can transform into a reaper's scythe. During the Last Magia, Ren uses her magic to put Walpurgisnacht's soul to rest so that she won't revive again.
- Shrinking Violet: She's too shy to talk most of the time. She does get better as time goes on, though she's still shy at best.
- Sinister Scythe: Her staff can turn into one.
- Situational Damage Attack: Both Ren's Magia and Doppel deal more damage the closer she is to death.
- Taking the Bullet: One of Ren's personal memoria, "The First and Last Page", gives Ren a 10-15% chance to take hits for allies. If Rika is targeted by an attack, that chance becomes 100%.
- Verbal Tic: She ends a lot of her sentences with "hai" ("yeah" in the English version).
- You Are Worth Hell: When everyone learns the truth about Puella Magi becoming Witches, Rika takes it extremely hard, even going so far as to apologize to Ren for stopping her from committing suicide when they first met. Ren then comforts Rika and tells her that even knowing the horrible truth, she still doesn't regret becoming a magical girl because she got to meet her.
- Base rarity: 3*
School: Mizuna Girls' School
Weapon: Bow and arrow
Magia: Bella Spina
Illustrated by: Nardack
Voiced by: Rika Tachibana
A Magical Girl who moonlights as a fashion model. Often dubbed one of Kamihama's foremost beauties, she can't stand the thought of not having the spotlight, so she always puts herself at the front of anything she's involved in. She acts confident, but from a bystander's perspective she's a little incompetent.
She made her playable debut in April 23th, 2018 and is a major character in the "Wait, You've Got It Wrong!" event. A fashion model who is famous even outside of Kamihama, she is vain and self-centered but has a good heart. She wished to become beautiful, and for everyone to think that she's always been that beautiful.
Her innate magic is to hide something's location.
- Archer Archetype: Her weapon is an incredibly elaborate bow.
- Ascended Fangirl: Before she herself became a model, she's a huge fan of Yachiyo. Her most precious item as revealed in "Howa Howa Girl" event is a magazine articles clipping about Yachiyo that she collected since the beginning of Yachiyo's career.
- Big Sister Instinct: She's very protective of the younger, naive Mayu because Mayu's sweet and gentle personality attracts men like honey attracts flies.
- Famed in Story: She's a famous model. Madoka is one of her fans.
- Fashion Model: She works as a model, much like Yachiyo.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: On her left thigh is a plain white tight; on her right thigh is a shorter tight with two bands containing gems above it.
- Frills of Justice: Her magical girl outfit is covered in them.
- Hidden Depths: The "Summer With Mikazuki Villa" event reveals that she's an expert at goldfish scooping and clay carving.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She initially comes off as vain, brash, and self-absorbed, but she genuinely does have a very good heart and cares about other people.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She has the markings of a standard queen bee; rich, fashionable, beautiful, vain, slightly selfish, sharp-tongued, complete with Noblewoman's Laugh. She's also a very, very good friend and a resourceful entertainer - warning Rika of her careless fight against a witch, praising Homura, saving Mayu from being molested, a regular in Emiri's consultation office, and saving an event from a blackout by compelling the audience to use their laser pens as an impromptu lighting.
- Mr. Imagination: The majority of her supposed rivalry with Yachiyo is pretty much just in her head. They actually never interacted as professional models, only between a celebrity and a fans, so Yachiyo is ignorant of the reason for the seeming hostility from Ria.
- Her debut is accompanied by a login story about how Ria makes a nuisance of herself to her neighbors for yelling in the middle of night, exclaiming her imagined 'rehearsal' for her showdown against Yachiyo.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Her costume is gorgeous and elaborate.
- Promoted to Playable: Ria was around as an NPC from the very beginning, showing up in several of the magical girls' plots. She finally became a playable character in late April 2018.
- Running Gag: Absolutely no one except Mayu is able to remember her name correctly.
- Showgirl Skirt: On top of another skirt in her magical girl form.
- Unknown Rival: She considers herself Yachiyo's greatest rival, both in modeling and as a magical girl. Yachiyo, on the other hand, fails to remember who she even is every time they meet.
- Vain Sorceress: She used her wish to be beautiful and not just merely being beautiful from that moment - she wished that everyone that had met her before her wish will think that she's always that beautiful. The reason why there's a Running Gag that no one who knew her seems to recognize her despite being a famous model is because their minds have a slight buffering to adjust the new information that didn't match their previous cognition of her. Based on her eating habits, it's implied that Ria was Formerly Fat before her contract.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her white tights in magical girl form are Grade B.
- Base rarity: 4*
School: Mizuna Girls' School
Weapon: Man catcher
Magia: Nightmare Catcher
Doppel: Hund Balou
Illustrated by: Mura Kuroe
Voiced by: Okasaki Miho
An introvert, this Magical Girl isnt good when it comes to people. Oppressed at both home and school, she hates the world. After her contract was made, she encountered something that changed her strange fate even further. Although eccentric, she loves animals.
Debuted on May 24th, 2018 and plays an important role in the event The Flowers' Lament. Her wish was to erase her bullies from existence. Her innate magic is to copy another Magical Girl's magic.
- Abusive Parents: Grew up with an abusive father and a mother that used her as a shield for her father's abuse while ignoring her plight. Her father was a petty criminal who blow all his blood money on gambling and alcohol, and her mother turned into a loose woman after her husband died from being murdered by someone who sought revenge for his crimes.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Her suicide at the climax of The Flowers' Lament, with her last words reflecting on how awful her life was, shocks everyone involved despite everything Hanna had done to them. Konoha, Leila and Mito are especially hit hard.
- Ax-Crazy: She already had a few screws loose even before becoming a Magical Girl thanks to her miserable past, but it's not until after Mikoto Witches out in front of her in addition to learning the truth behind Magical Girls shortly later does she embrace her insanity and take it out on others for fun.
- Becoming the Mask: At first, Hanna only became friends with Mikoto to get help hunting Witches. As they fought Witches together, Hanna warmed up to her for real.
- The Beastmaster: Hanna has a collection of Witches. The reason why Nanaka identifies her archenemy as the "Locust Witch" is because Hanna had been using her pet Witches as a horde - thus, a swarm of locust.
- Curtains Match the Window: Purple hair, purple eyes.
- Cryptic Conversation: Because she's already aware of the Witch system, anytime other magical girls asking about Witches that she controls, she makes vague statements about its existence without really divulging anything to confuse her pursuers. It's only when Nanaka tries to disable her by aiming at her Soul Gem, showing her knowledge about the matter, that Hanna spells out what she has been cryptic about.
- Dark Is Evil: She is a Dark-element magical girl and is very antagonistic towards the others.
- Driven to Suicide: She breaks her own soul gem at the end of The Scattered Flower Petals event.
- Evil Laugh: Does this frequently.
- Expy: Of Sasa Yuuki from Oriko Magica. They have control of Witches, enjoy hurting others and die by crushing their soul gem.
- Freak Out: After witnessing Mikoto turning into a Witch and Kyubey admitted to her that he set up this system, her mind shattered violently. She bashed her own face into the floor countless time until her skull caved in, found that magical girls can heal very quickly unlike normal humans, and decided that she give up being anything than a monster.
- Friendless Background: Doesn't have any friends besides Mikoto Sena, a magical girl from Daitou Ward. And now doesn't even have Mikoto.
- Hidden Villain: She is the "Locust", the antagonistic force that Nanaka gathered her team to destroy; all of their misfortunes were the work of Hanna's pet Witches. She is also the one behind the fainting incidents in both And So, The Azaleas Bloom and The Flowers' Lament, as well as the one behind the attempts to destroy Konoha's sanity in the former event and to frame Hazuki in the latter.
- It Amused Me: The reasons for her actions. She thinks it's fun to screw up people's lives and relationships. She's targeting Nanaka in particular was pretty much on a whim, from one time she saw Nanaka on TV.
- Morality Chain: Mikoto is the reason Hanna decided to put her plan to cause chaos and misfortune on hold. Tellingly, when Mikoto became a Witch, she decided to resume her plan.
- Only Friend: Mikoto Sena is the one and only person Hanna genuinely cared for and cherished her entire life. So when she loses her after Mikoto turns into a Witch, the results weren't pretty for everyone in Kamihama.
- Posthumous Character: Because And so the Azalea Blooms and it's sequel are past events, she died before the main story of the game.
- Power Copying: Has the power to copy other magical girls' magic. She got her hypnosis power from Mikoto Sena, a fellow magical girl.
- Ret-Gone: Her wish was to erase the existence of her bullies from the Earth, including their memories from other people except for herself.
- Start of Darkness: After her best friend Mikoto was turned into a Witch and discovered the truth about magical girl, Hanna began to use her power to cause trouble to other people.
- Storm of Blades: Her Magia has her summon glowing purple spikes and launch them at the enemy.
- Took a Level in Badass: Hanna used to be bad at fighting Witches until she learned how her powers worked. During her event, she is very powerful and by using a combination of magic, provocation and trickery, is capable of defeating her opponents and coming close to killing Mito.
- Tragic Villain: Though a despicable person in the present, it's no question that her life since birth has always been mired in tragedy and misery.
- Un-person: She was planning to make her and Mikoto this so they could be free from the burdens of the world together. This never came to frution due to Mikoto becoming a Witch.
- Walking Spoiler: It's hard to discuss about her without spoiling the facts that she is responsible for the events of And so the Azalea Blooms and its sequel.
- Weapon of Choice: Her weapon is a man catcher.
- Wingding Eyes: Her excited expression is her having stars as her pupil. Given that she's the happiest when tormenting people, this comes across as very psychotic.
- Base rarity: 4*
School: Kosho Academy
Magia: Magna Carta
Illustrated by: Ochau
Voiced by: Kana Ichinose
A Magical Girl who belongs to the History Research Club at Kosho Academy. She serves as the head of the club. Although she has a top-class academic record, she loves history anyways and the trend is attracting attention at the school. She is particularly enthusiastic about examining the historical sites and literature of Kamihama, and devotes herself to her research every day.
Introduced on November 29, 2019 as a main character of the Rondo of Oblivion Sleeps for Eternity event. A member of the History Research Club at Kosho Academy, she and her fellow-club members Seira and Temaria want to make a movie in order to keep their club alive. However, they end up dredging up the hate-filled history of Kamihama in the process. Her innate magic is to resurrect the history from any historical artifacts she finds.
- Demonic Possession" During Rondo of Oblivion Sleeps for Eternity, by a male half of a pair of lovers.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: On one of her Memorias.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: She wears glasses and she has a very good grades.
- Whip It Good: Her weapon is a staff, but she can creates a whip on the top of it.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Because Mikura was kidnapped during her childhood, she has a fear of sharp and pointed things.
- Base rarity: 4*
School: Kosho Academy
Magia: Final Dead Emblem
Illustrated by: Fal Maro
Voiced by: Mariya Ise
A delusional Magical Girl with Chuunibyou. Imagining herself as the reincarnation of a legendary overlord who led his army to victory thousands of years ago, her head is filled with stories of herself as a dark hero chasing "Them." She's aware of how embarrassing these delusions are, and she normally hides them.
Debuted on May 1, 2020 as the main character of the event I, the Reincarnated Overlord, Magnificently Thwart "THEIR" Conspiracy!! She is very fond of her pet cat; after she discovered that it lost its vision due to a rare disease, she wished for Kyubey to restore it. Her personal magic allows her to see how close someone is to death.
- Crazy-Prepared: Before Rui went to confront the culprit in I, the Reincarnated Overlord, Magnificently Thwart "THEIR" Conspiracy!! event, she wore her chain mail armor (read: cosplay dress) and her magically enhanced Hecatoncheires's Revelation (read: Comiket catalogue) under her clothes. And that's after she's calculating if her magical girl strength can stand to fight off her attacker.
- Chuunibyou: A huge one.
- Evil Eye: Her doppel takes this form to complete her Chuunibyou.
- Kamehame Hadoken: During her Magia attack.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Rui is very fond of her pet cat. She even uses her wish to save her cat's disease.
- Sinister Scythe: Her weapon of choice.
- Base rarity: 3* (event reward)
School: St. Liliana Academy
Magia: Citron Princess Kiss
Illustrated by: Ren Sakuragi
Voiced by: Chiemi Tanaka
A Magical Girl with an extreme sister complex, she is incredibly possessive of her older twin sister. She treats anyone who approaches her sister as a nuisance. Her jealousy is what causes all of her anger. Even though she loves her sister so far, her expressions of love have become twisted, which leaves her running in circles. She worries that her older sister doesn't reciprocate her feelings.
First introduced in the Moon Viewing is After an Elegant Tea Party event, she was made playable on May 29, 2020. A young Magical Girl who is the twin sister of Hotori. Her wish was to undo the events that led to the death of her sister.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: With the exception of Yukika, she doesn't like anyone who gets close to her sister.
- Damsel in Distress: Happened twice. The first time she was brainwashed by a Witch and Hotori made a wish with Kyubey to save her. The second time, she stumbled into a Witch barrier and after escaping from the Witch, Hotori died saving her from the falling debris. Rion then made a contract with Kyubey to save Hotori's life.
- Duality Motif: The past to Hotori's future.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Her wish was to undo the events of Hotori's death. However, even though she had enough karmic weight to revive Hotori, she didn't have enough to completely overwrite the events leading up to her death, meaning that the two of them and Yukika have to deal with the Witch behind the tragedy.
- Shout-Out: Her outfit is a very obvious one to Pretty Cure.
- Temporary Online Content: She is the reward of The Flower That Blooms in a Hollow Heart event.
Rika & Ren (Christmas ver.)
- Base rarity: 4* (event limited)
Weapon: Snow globe and candy cane
Magia: Holy Spiral Hope/Shiny Aurora Stream
Illustrated by: Mashimasaki & Koharu Sakura (QP:flapper)
Voiced by: Kanae Ito (Rika), Yuka Ozaki (Ren)
Released on December 16, 2019 as the main characters of the "The Page I Write on the Holy Night- From Here, With You" Christmas event. A duo unit consisting of best friends Rika Ayano and Ren Isuzu, dressed in their Christmas best. Santa Mitama and a talking Oscar familiar named Chu gave them the power to make any dream come true, so long as their hearts are united, and they're sent on a mission to eradicate the cowardice of Kamihama's citizens.
- All Just a Dream: Most of their event, where they go around Kamihama erasing the cowardice from people's hearts, turns out to have been a shared dream they had during an adjustment session. Chu was the embodiment of the cowardice in Rika's and Ren's hearts, as they had had an argument and neither of them could figure out how to make up.
- Catch Your Death Of Cold: During their sidestory, Rika ends up catching a cold trying to keep up with Ren (who is surprisingly physically fit) while helping Aimi. The memoria "Tonight's Guest Is..." features Ren later sneaking into Rika's house to take care of her.
- Combination Attack: Their first Magia is a combination of Rika's Brilliant Beam and Ren's Soul Salvation.
- The Dividual: A Duo Unit of two otherwise-separate characters.
- Death from Above: Their second Magia is basically the two of them carpet-bombing enemies with an aurora they drop from their flying sleigh.
- Reality Warper: Santa Mitama gives them the power to accomplish anything as long as their hearts are one. This turns out to be All Just a Dream, and when they ask the real Mitama she can only give them a significantly weaker version of it. It's just enough for them to fly across Kamihama on a sleigh and give the city a white Christmas.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Perhaps the most triumphant example original to Magia Record. Whereas the Amane twins and the Iroha/Yachiyo duos were plot-important, Rika and Ren are simply incredibly close friends.
- Shout-Out: One shot of their summon animation◊ is drawn in the distinct style of Hidamari Sketch, with Ume Aoki's signature "widefaces" and plaid backgrounds.