Magical Girls | Kyubey and the Witches | Supporting Characters | The Movie Rebellion | Kazumi Magica (Magical Girls | Others) | Oriko Magica | Suzune Magica | Tart Magica | Portable | Magia Record (Main Cast | Madoka Cast | The Wings of Magius | Spinoff Characters | Flame Magical Girls | Aqua Magical Girls | Forest Magical Girls | Light Magical Girls | Dark Magical Girls | Other Magical Girls | Crossover Characters | Witches/Doppels) | Concept Movie Trailer | Wraith Arc
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: Yayoi Collection
Illustrated by: Punyan
Voiced by: Ai Kakuma
One of the initial playable characters. A magical girl who dreams of becoming a fashion designer. She was born the only daughter of a family that owned a sheet metal factory, but not having any other successor, she is distressed at the thought that her parents will want her to inherit the factory. She is very diligent, but there are times when she gets strange looks from the people around her. She wished that her parents could be able to work another 30 years so she didn't have to take over their sheet metal factory and chase her dreams.
- Charm Person: Her personal memoria, Connect and Magia all have inflict Charm status as part of their effects.
- Family Business: Her parents run a sheet metal factory.
- Fashion Designer: She dreams of becoming a renowned designer, though her fashion sense is a little... eclectic. As in mushroom-themed dresses, and accessories made out of sheet metal from her parents' factory.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Kanoko's parents run a sheet metal factory, and since she is their only child, they want her to take over when they retire. Kanoko wants to be a fashion designer. She wished for her parents to keep working for thirty more years so she could have time to follow her passion.
- Giftedly Bad: While her decision to become a fashion designer by her own merit is admirable, her artistic talent leaves a lot to be desired. Her designs are closer to what a bored elementary student would come up with and when she shows them to her friends, their reactions are saying something along the lines of "What is this garbage?" right to her face.
- Nice Hat: A miniature top hat with a flower attached to a headband.
- Storm of Blades: Her ultimate, Yayoi Collection, sticks her enemies up on a runway and pelts them with giant glowing purple rapiers. Which explode for good measure.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Kanoko sports an extremely frilly pair in her magical girl form
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 2*
Magia: My Sadistic Heart
Illustrated by: Nyan☆Puu
Voiced by: Akari Kito
One of the initial playable characters. An imp-type magical girl whose aim is to be the "cutest of them all". Refers to herself using "aーshi". With a straight-forward, bright, and unafraid personality, even if she meets someone for the first time, she'll give them a nickname right away and bluntly close the distance between them, and before they realize it, she'll have wormed her way into their heart. It is unknown what exactly she wished for.
- All Women Love Shoes: One of Emiri's Memoria is her spotting a cute pair of pumps in a store window. The Memoria's name is literally "These Shoes Are Mine!"
- Bare Your Midriff: In her magical girl form.
- Big Red Devil: She's referred to as a imp-type magical girl, and her red magical girl costume has horns, bat wings and a tail.
- Clumsy Copyright Censorship: When Emiri and Hinano Miyako first meet, Emiri compares Hinano to a famous scientist... whose name she censors out loud.note
- Giant Poofy Sleeves: As a magical girl.
- Hair Decorations: Devil-horn scrunchies in her magical girl form, and orange bows as a civilian.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She is very friendly, eager to help others, and everyone she talks to says she puts their hearts at ease.
- Hidden Depths: Once you get past the flighty, super-girly exterior, Emiri's quite charismatic and good at reading people.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her weapon is her devil tail.
- Kawaiiko: Emiri's bio explains that she aims to be "the cutest of them all," and she refers to herself using "a-shi".
- The Nicknamer: She gives a nickname to everyone she meets minutes after meeting them.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Despite opening the "Trouble Consultation Office", the ones who solves the troubles are usually one of the girls Emiri roped in to help her with the office, with Akira doing the majority of the work. She simply uses the office as a pretext to hang out with her friends and meet new people.
- Projectile Kiss: Her Magia, My Sadistic Heart, has her blow a kiss to her enemies that makes them do less damage.
- Valley Girl: The official translation's subtitles give her this way of speaking.
- A Wizard Did It: The Summer 2018 event reveals that Emiri's illusion magic is basically a catch-all Hand Wave to make sure event stories make narrative sense in terms of the main story's timeline. For example, in Sayaka's Valentine 2018 story, she's seen greeting Mami in her house, which Mami answers with silence and yet, Sayaka acts like she nevertheless has a conversation with Mami. When that event was run, Mami was still under the influence of the Magius as Holy Mami in the main story, thus she had yet return to Mitakihara and the other Holy Quintets were still searching for her. Emiri's power projected an illusion of Mami for Sayaka to talk to even though she wasn't there at the time, so the main timeline doesn't have to be contradicted by an event story.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B with a pair of thigh-high boots in her magical girl form.
- Base rarity: 3*
Magia: Fun Fun Fun
Illustrated by: Afro
Voiced by: Ari Ozawa
One of the initial playable characters. A magical girl who once spent her days living in gloom and negativity but gained a bright and refreshing personality due to her wish. In reaction to her former self, she now views all things with positivity. But sometimes, behind her smile, you can feel her guilt and manufactured brightness.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Ayaka's a big fan of these, even though her favorite duo absolutely sucks. She also tries to get Shizuku Hozumi to be the tsukkomi to her boke, but Shizuku's too nice to make the necessary snappy comebacks.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Ayaka just wants to cheer everyone up, including herself.
- Drop the Hammer: A glowing blue collapsible hammer.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her skirt in her magical girl form is poofy on one side and segmented on the other, and the whole thing is set at an angle.
- Genki Girl: Her wish gave her a happier and more energetic personality.
- Girlish Pigtails: Ayaka's are at least hip-length.
- Hair Decorations: Frilly ruffle scrunchies. Two hold up her pigtails, and two keep flyaways out of the way.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Her personal magic is turning things into jokes. During the final battle, she turns Walpurgisnacht's ability to break free from restraints into a joke to keep her in the binds that Mami, Kaede, Rena and Kanoko had set up.
- Nice Hat: Ayaka wears a very nice top hat in her magical girl form.
- No Indoor Voice: She actually marvels at how easily Shizuku can keep her voice down.
- Pull a Rabbit out of My Hat: One of her Memoria, named "The Show of Her Life" in the translation, has her try to pull a stuffed cat out of her hat, but it falls out onto her head.
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: The worst of her jokes end up being these. The rest are just incomprehensible.
- Stepford Smiler: Even after she made a contract, Ayaka still feels sad and guilty that she had to change her personality to get people to like her. But she hides it behind a smile, a cheery attitude, and a mountain of bad jokes.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Soul Salvation
Illustrated by: QP:flapper
Voiced by: Yuka Ozaki
A Magical Girl who has been shy since childhood. Feeling that life was painful, she blamed herself for her loneliness. It was her fellow Magical Girls that led her out of this despair. Though she's grown stronger mentally, she still has a timid side.
Debuted on September 15th, 2017 as the main character of the "My Diary With You" event. Her wish was to live after she attempted suicide. Although she was able to defeat the Witch behind the bullying at her school, her inability to erase the evil in Kamihama broke her heart, and she was ready to end it all once more until another Magical Girl, Rika, managed to pull her up out of the depths of despair.
- Astral Projection: Ren basically dies whenever she summons her doppel, so her ghost floats above her body while Renata is active.
- Badass Longcoat: As a magical girl.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Rika reached out to Ren, treated her with genuine kindness and convinced her to keep on living. Naturally, Ren has been devoted to Rika ever since.
- Broken Angel: She has a lot of angel motifs, but she's also a very dark character - both elementally and personality-wise.
- Comes Great Responsibility: Renata has the power to purge evil intentions. It's just the way Renata does that is by purging the target of their free will, something that Ren is extremely afraid of doing despite thinking that's a pretty neat ability because it doesn't harm the target physically. Constantly haunted by the temptation, she decides to aim her Doppel at the witches instead.Ren: (summoning Renata) Don't kill their heart...
- Diary: Ren keeps one that she writes and draws in, and she often uses it as a metaphor for her own life.
- Driven to Suicide: Ren made her wish after she jumped off a building, and her side story starts with her trying to do it again. Thankfully, Rika saves her.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: In her magical girl form, she wears a black stocking on her left leg, but not her right.
- Feather Motif: Her staff is tipped with an angel wing, which transforms into the blade of her scythe, and she has angel wings in her transformation sequence.
- Flatline: Renata's screen flatlines during its summoning sequence.
- Flower Motifs: Konomi suggests that Rika use a suzuran (lily-of-the-valley) motif for Ren's pencil case, since they represent innocence and purity. Ren also has a halo of suzurans in her 5* uncap art.
- Friendless Background: Ren had difficulty speaking since she was a child, and was teased mercilessly for it.
- Friendship Trinket: Her metal pencil case, along with 12 color pencils inside of it, seen in her personal Memoria is Rika's gift that she made by hand from borrowing Kanoko's metal workshop. Because Ren makes it a habit that she buys a color pencil for each person she saved from witches, it means that Rika is worth more than any other person can for Ren.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Like, so much. When comparing herself to her friend Rika, Ren says that Rika is cheerful, good at talking to people, and has many friends - the exact opposite of herself.
- I See Dead People: One of Ren's abilities is this, be it a ghost, spirit or a soul of a dead person. This proves useful in solving the conflict of Summer 2018 event.
- Magic Staff: Her main weapon.
- Now, Let Me Carry You: In Chapter 8, the truth of the magical girl system is revealed to Rika (and the rest of the Kamihama's magical girls). Rika despairs from the truth, but Ren comforts her out of gratitude and her own desire to repay Rika's kindness.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her hair covers her right eye and she is a very shy person.
- Power Glows: Not initially, but as part of update for the Ren event coming back, a glow on the tip of her staff was added to her animations.
- Psychopomp: Her staff can transform into a reaper's scythe, and her personal magic is communing with the dead. During the Last Magia, Ren uses her magic to put Walpurgisnacht's soul to rest so that she won't revive again.
- Shrinking Violet: She's too shy to talk most of the time.
- Sinister Scythe: Her staff can turn into one.
- Taking the Bullet: One of her personal Memoria will give Ren a small chance of taking lethal damage for an ally. It also has a 100% chance to take damage for Rika at any health if Ren and Rika are on a team together.
- Verbal Tic: She ends a lot of her sentences with "hai" ("yeah" in the English version).
- You Are Worth Hell: When everyone learns the truth about Puella Magi becoming Witches, Rika takes it extremely hard, even going so far as to apologize to Ren for stopping her from committing suicide when they first met. Ren then comforts Rika and tells her that even knowing the horrible truth, she still doesn't regret becoming a magical girl because she got to meet her.
- Base rarity: 3*
Magia: Bella Spina
Illustrated by: Nardack
Voiced by: Rika Tachibana
A magical girl who shows up actively as a model. She's also the most beautiful girl of Kamihama City. She has an inexcusable personality if she's not the one standing out most, and will do anything to move forward. Although she acts confidently on her own, when looking from the side, something is missing. She wished to become beautiful, and for everyone to think that she's always been that beautiful.
She made her playable debut in April 23th, 2018
- Archer Archetype: Her weapon is an incredibly elaborate bow.
- Ascended Fangirl: Before she herself became a model, she's a huge fan of Yachiyo. Her most precious item as revealed in "Howa Howa Girl" event is a magazine articles clipping about Yachiyo that she collected since the beginning of Yachiyo's career.
- Big Sister Instinct: She's very protective of the younger, naive Mayu because Mayu's sweet and gentle personality attracts men like honey attracts flies.
- Famed In-Story: She's a famous model. Madoka is one of her fans.
- Fashion Model: She works as a model, much like Yachiyo.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: On her left thigh is a plain white tight; on her right thigh is a shorter tight with two bands containing gems above it.
- Frills of Justice: Her magical girl outfit is covered in them.
- Hair Decorations: Red, butterfly-shaped wings on each pigtail.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She initially comes off as vain, brash, and self-absorbed, but she genuinely does have a very good heart and cares about other people.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She has the markings of a standard queen bee; rich, fashionable, beautiful, vain, slightly selfish, sharp-tongued, complete with Noblewoman's Laugh. She's also a very, very good friend and a resourceful entertainer - warning Rika of her careless fight against a witch, praising Homura, saving Mayu from being molested, a regular in Emiri's consultation office, and saving an event from a blackout by compelling the audience to use their laser pens as an impromptu lighting.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Her costume is gorgeous and elaborate.
- Promoted to Playable: Ami was around as an NPC from the very beginning, showing up in several of the magical girls' plots. She finally became a playable character in late April 2018.
- Showgirl Skirt: On top of another skirt in her magical girl form.
- Vain Sorceress: She used her wish to be beautiful and not just merely being beautiful from that moment - she wished that everyone that had met her before her wish will think that she's always that beautiful. The reason why there's a Running Gag that no one who knew her seems to recognize her despite being a famous model is because their minds have a slight buffering to adjust the new information that didn't match their previous cognition of her.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her white tights in magical girl form are Grade B.
- Base rarity: 4*
Magia: Nightmare Catcher
Doppel: Hund Balou
Illustrated by: Mura Kuroe
Voiced by: Okasaki Miho
Essentially an introverted magical girl who isn't good at dealing with people. She's in a position where she's suffocated at home and at school, so she hates this world. After contracting, and after encountering a certain incident, it was her fate to encounter misfortune again and again. She has an eccentric personality, but one side of her also likes animals.
Debuted on May 24th, 2018 and plays an important role in "Scattered Flowers Melancholy Chapter" event.
- Abusive Parents: Grew up with an abusive father and her mother used her as a shield for her father abuse while ignoring her plight.
- Badass Cape: Her magical girl outfit has a cape and she is very powerful and by using a combination of her power and trickery, is capable of defeating her opponents and coming close to killing Mito during "Scattered Flowers Melancholy Chapter" event.
- Becoming the Mask: At first, Hanna only became friend with Mikoto to help her hunt witches. As they fought witches together, she eventually warmed up to her.
- The Beastmaster: Hanna has a collection of witches. She refers to them as her "pets".
- Dark Is Evil: She is a Dark-element magical girl and has a very dark character.
- Driven to Suicide: She breaks her own soul gem at the end of "The Scattered Flower Petals" event.
- Expy: Of Sasa Yuuki from Oriko Magica. They have witches as their "pets" and enjoy hurting others.
- Friendless Background: Doesn't have any friends besides Mikoto Sena, a magical girl from Daitou Ward.
- Hidden Villain: She is the main antagonist of "And so the Azalea Blooms " event. One of her pet witches also brainwashes people to do evil in Kamihama City and it's because of her witch that Nanaka, Akira, Meiyui and Kako made a contract with Kyubey to become magical girl.
- It Amused Me: The reasons for her actions. She thinks it's fun to screw up peoples lives and relationships.
- Morality Chain: Mikoto is the reason Hanna decided to put her plan to cause chaos and misfortune on hold. Tellingly, when Mikoto became a witch, she decided to resume her plan.
- Posthumous Character: Because "And so the Azalea Blooms " and it's sequel are past events, she died before the main story of the game.
- Power Copying: Has the power to copy other magical girl's magic. She got her hypnosis power from Mikoto, a fellow magical girl.
- Ret Gone: Her wish was to erase the existence of her bullies from the Earth, including their memories from other people except for herself.
- Start of Darkness: After her best friend Mikoto was turned into a Witch and discovered the truth about magical girl, Hanna began to use her power to cause trouble to other people.
- Storm of Blades: Her Magia has her summon glowing purple spikes and launch them at the enemy.
- Walking Spoiler: It's hard to discuss about her without spoiling the facts that she is responsible for the events of "And so the Azalea Blooms " and it's sequel.
- Weapon of Choice: Her weapon is a man catcher.