- Berserk Button: If you're the kind of bastard who intentionally makes a girl's life miserable, he will come after you.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Even a masochist like him has standards.
- Conveniently Seated: Keeper of the seat in the second-to-last back row, along the side with the windows.
- Dragged into Drag: Has been into this twice. Each time other characters commented on how dangerously cute he looks.
- Everyone Has Standards: Sure, you may be masochist who enjoys being beaten up by a Tsundere or a shy kindhearted girl with severe androphobia, but you are definitely not a person who would attempt to beat up and rape the said androphobic girl where some Jerkass was solely responsible for the said girl's androphobia.
- Golden Super Mode: Super Hella Masochist to be exact, which pretty much a parody of the famous Super Saiyan transformation of Dragon Ball Z.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Initially unknowingly in love with Tatsukichi's crossdressing alter-ego.
- Made of Iron: Thanks to his masochism, which helps him in his fight with Yoshioka.
- Nice Guy: Freaky masochism aside, Taro is a good friend to have.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Let alone by his mother and sister.
- Official Couple: Him and Arashiko.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: His leitmotif whenever his masochistic urges hit the ceiling.
- Power Levels: According to Noa, he has a "Pervert Level" of 30,000, in contrast to the normal 5.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Savvy Guy to Mio's Energetic Girl.
- Too Kinky to Torture: A trope that Mio is rather happy about.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- A-Cup Angst: Especially whenever Tatsukichi's crossdressing persona taunts her flat chest.
- A God Am I: Often refers to herself as a God.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The source of her growing feelings for Taro.
- Berserk Button: Poking fun of her flat chest.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Arashiko's Betty.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Mio appears as cute as can be when Taro first meets her, but that facade is pretty quickly stripped away ten minutes into the first episode alone.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: As her love for Taro develops she begins showing tendencies to be snippy whenever he's with another girl.
- Club President: Of the Second Voluntary Club.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Towards Taro.
- Hair Decorations: Her headband.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: In the anime at least.
- Older Than She Looks: She's an eleventh-grade girl. She looks no older than seventh-grade
- Rapunzel Hair: Long blonde hair.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Energetic Girl to Taro's Savvy Guy.
- Second Year Protagonist
- Shana Clone: Short, violent temper, slowly mellows out around the main character? Yep.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: With Tatsukichi's "female" form.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: Fits this to T.
- Token Mini-Moe: The smallest of the group at first, before Hiiragi takes this spot.
- Tsundere: The harsh "Tsun" type. Her normal self is extremely harsh, and often severely sadistic. It takes work to bring out the sweet side, but she does wind up showing it occasionally to Tarou.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of cats.
- Zettai Ryouiki: A classic trademark for a Tsundere.
- Attempted Rape: Yoshioka tried to rape her, and beats her when she refused his advances, which is how she came to dislike men.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The reason for her crush on Taro.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Mio's Veronica.
- Boobs of Steel: Though normally non-violent, Arashiko packs a powerful punch, and is quite stacked upstairs.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She's clearly nursing a crush on Taro as time goes on, but she's too shy to say it out loud.
- Catchphrase"I'm scared of men!" (Every time Taro accidentally touches her physically)
- Cuteness Proximity: When animals are around.
- Does Not Like Men: As a result of her ex-boyfriend's Attempted Rape and beating.
- Gainaxing: Just look at episode 7.
- Last-Name Basis: Most characters call her by this.
- Nice Girl: Arashiko is really kind, save for her androphobia.
- Shrinking Violet: Very shy. She used to be more outgoing. Then the aftermath of her break up with Yoshioka happened.
- Tsundere: Sweet "Dere" type. She's normally very polite and considerate to everyone, or at least wants to be in spite of her violence-inducing androphobia. She occasionally grows "Tsun" toward Tarou, though more often she just tries to in order to pander to his masochism.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of men due to Yoshioka's Attempted Rape.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
Tatsukichi Hayama / Tatsumi Antoinette XVI
Voiced by: Rina Sato (Japanese), Meaghan Avocato (English)Taro's best friend and a crossdresser.
- Becoming the Mask: As time passed he's noticeably becoming more and more like his crossdressing persona.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Even as a boy he certainly looks effeminate.
- Girly Run: Particularly in episode 1.
- Hime Cut: When crossdressed as Tatsumi.
- It Was a Gift: His hobby was inspired by a girl he befriended when he was little.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Prone to do this when he crossdresses. See for yourself.
- Ojou: In his crossdressing form.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Was this, before his split personality kicks in.
Voiced by: Yuko Gibu (Japanese), Maggie Flecknoe (English)Yuuno's best friend.
- Bi the Way: Unambiguously too friendly to Arashiko to be mere friends, but is also shown to be attracted to Tatsukichi, who she dated previously.
- Does Not Like Men: with the exception of Tatsukichi, Yumi has a big dislike for men, namely because of what happened to Arashiko.
- Happy Ending Massage: She specializes in these.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Regarding Tatsukichi's crossdressing hobby.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Arashiko.
- Ambiguously Gay: She takes pictures of cute girls and keeps them in her collection.
- The Comically Serious: Particularly when taking pictures of cute girls.
- Cool Big Sis: To Mio.
- Hello, Nurse!
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Likes taking pictures of girls and keeps a gallery full of them.
- The Stoic: Her facial expressions rarely changes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- A-Cup Angst
- Berserk Button: Never ever make fun of her small stature. She even made a potion that would give her a more adult body.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She's incredibly smart, and can invent just about anything.
- Older Than She Looks: Like Mio, she also looks too young to be an eleventh-grader.
- Overnight Age-Up: Keeps with her a bunch of pills which she can use if she wants to look like someone of her age.
- Teen Genius: Really short for one, but still.
- Token Mini-Moe: Possibly the youngest looking character in the series.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green hair, in her case.
- Berserk Button: The very idea of Noa growing up.
Voiced by: Susumu Chiba (Japanese)A Model.
- Karma Houdini:
- How he gets away with what he did to Arashiko and goes as far as spread rumors of her sleeping around for good measure.
- Averted when he fought Taro and lost. Bonus points afterwards, for what Yumi did to him as payback and revenge for what happened to Arashiko.
- Hate Sink: His entry here says it all.
- Jerk Jock: This pretty-boy douche is a boxer, and he use these skills to punch poor Arashiko out for not letting him have his way with her.
- Sadist: If punching out Taro is an enjoyable experience, then beating, and raping Arashiko might be an even more pleasant experience.
- Slasher Smile: How he greets Arashiko after bumping in outside the streets.